Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10508
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:38 pm

SuseJ772 wrote:
I almost certain Kirby left, and wasn’t fired or asked to leave. I remember because I couldn’t believe he didn’t have a non-compete and actually used the example in my own executive non-compete negotiation (albeit a different industry)

Afterwards there was talk that the board asked him to leave and there were speculation that it was in regards to maintaining long term leadership at the company. Kirby’s CEO ambitions have long been known, but he is similar age to Parker and was unlikely to become AA CEO barring Parker having some major health issue or scandal that also wouldn’t take out Kirby. Apparently there was fear by the AA board that the person under Kirby (who is AA President now, I can’t remember his name) would jump ship to another company and Kirby would also jump ship when a CEO opportunity arose leaving AA with just Parker and a rather fresh faced senior executive team without a ton of leadership experience. So Kirby was asked to leave (and went to UA for what everyone knows was prepping him to be their CEO) and person under Kirby was promoted to keep him happy and loyal to AA longer.

Again though, these is just speculation and some of it reeks of AA trying to save a little face after the fact.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2367
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:44 pm

It's a shame the good ones are never around forong. Oscar will be sorely missed. Wasn't Kirby one of the masterminds behind turning US Airways into a cheap LCC wannabe?
 
UAUA
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:14 pm

So where will Munoz go?
Last edited by UAUA on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My former profile name was United Airline.
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Polot wrote:
SuseJ772 wrote:
I almost certain Kirby left, and wasn’t fired or asked to leave. I remember because I couldn’t believe he didn’t have a non-compete and actually used the example in my own executive non-compete negotiation (albeit a different industry)

Afterwards there was talk that the board asked him to leave and there were speculation that it was in regards to maintaining long term leadership at the company. Kirby’s CEO ambitions have long been known, but he is similar age to Parker and was unlikely to become AA CEO barring Parker having some major health issue or scandal that also wouldn’t take out Kirby. Apparently there was fear by the AA board that the person under Kirby (who is AA President now, I can’t remember his name) would jump ship to another company and Kirby would also jump ship when a CEO opportunity arose leaving AA with just Parker and a rather fresh faced senior executive team without a ton of leadership experience. So Kirby was asked to leave (and went to UA for what everyone knows was prepping him to be their CEO) and person under Kirby was promoted to keep him happy and loyal to AA longer.

Again though, these is just speculation and some of it reeks of AA trying to save a little face after the fact.

That would be Robert Isom.
 
Phoenix757767
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
It's a shame the good ones are never around forong. Oscar will be sorely missed. Wasn't Kirby one of the masterminds behind turning US Airways into a cheap LCC wannabe?

Yes he was.
 
jetmatt777
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:16 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:27 pm

UAUA wrote:
So where will Munoz go?


He will remain on the board of directors and will likely assume a mostly retired lifestyle. Good for him.
 
hereandthere41
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:31 am

Re: Oscar Munoz stepping down

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 pm

910A wrote:
Let see here, two of the three largest airlines in the United States will be run by ex-America West management. The race to the bottom continues.


You would be wrong. United's trajectory has been upward under Kirby. American is on their own if they're headed South.
 
User avatar
United787
Posts: 2937
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 12:20 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:03 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
It's a shame the good ones are never around forong. Oscar will be sorely missed. Wasn't Kirby one of the masterminds behind turning US Airways into a cheap LCC wannabe?


That may be true but that doesn't mean that he is going to do that at UA. His track record so far proves otherwise. US back then and UA now are completely different airlines with different networks, hubs, airplanes, products, branding, customer base etc. etc. etc. I am sure he doesn't have a one size fits all but is taking the company in a direction that he thinks will work for this company. US was a different story at a different time.
 
OB1504
Posts: 3931
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:04 pm

wn676 wrote:
Phoenix757767 wrote:
He was asked to leave. Aka fired.

https://viewfromthewing.com/american-ai ... f-my-life/

American Airlines CEO: Firing Airline President Scott Kirby “Was One of the Worst Days of My Life”


So they made a strategic decision to let Kirby go and retain Isom:

“The problem we had was we had a lot of really good executives. And as we sat at the board level and talked about succession planning, we had a real concern about our ability to keep that team together. Someone was going to leave. So rather than watching and guessing who that was and trying to react we were proactive.”

There isn’t even speculation in that article to back up the claim you keep repeating.


Given how United is rising as American is plummeting, I wonder if AA feels like they made the wrong decision.
 
jayunited
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:14 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
It's a shame the good ones are never around forong. Oscar will be sorely missed. Wasn't Kirby one of the masterminds behind turning US Airways into a cheap LCC wannabe?


I do think Kirby is one of the good ones time will tell if I'm right or wrong. Oscar is a great leader, he saved United Airlines and returned us to profitability but UA's real growth didn't begin until Kirby arrived. Kirby came in with an aggressive vision to grow UA and he has delivered. Before Kirby's arrivle Wall Street even though UA was profitable was demanding UA dehub both IAD and LAX. Munoz hired Kirby and he came in and stabilized and right sized both those hubs, he also has grown EWR, ORD, DEN, SFO, and to a lesser extend IAH. All of the things Kirby has done in the the short 3 years he has been with UA he could have done with AA but AA wouldn't allow him. I said this in another thread earlier this year, if AA would have kept Kirby UA would be in real trouble, for all the good Oscar has done (and he has done a lot as an employee I'm grateful for Oscar) Kirby has really grown UA's operation and he has done it in a profitable way. Although AA is still the worlds largest airline by many accounts UA has surpassed AA and I think Oscar and Kirby can take credit for it.

If Kirby was so bad at AA and US if he is the reason AA is so screwed up then why was it reported a few months ago that AA wanted to hire him back as Doug Parker's replacement? Those reports were everywhere especially after AA's disappointing Q3 results.
 
User avatar
usdcaguy
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Really hope this means that UA will end its policy of not allowing people to take rollaboards on board free of charge when traveling in Basic Economy. Always dissuaded from flying them because of this. That and the mountain of rebooking errors I experienced last year due to an IROP. They also need to bring all reservation work back to the US so we have someone who can understand our language and speak in a way that we can all understand. AA does way better than this.
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1036
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:43 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
Really hope this means that UA will end its policy of not allowing people to take rollaboards on board free of charge when traveling in Basic Economy. Always dissuaded from flying them because of this. That and the mountain of rebooking errors I experienced last year due to an IROP. They also need to bring all reservation work back to the US so we have someone who can understand our language and speak in a way that we can all understand. AA does way better than this.


You can bring a roller board on by buying a ticket that’s not BASIC. You pay at F9/NK so why should UA be free?
 
COEWR787
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:46 pm

ltbewr wrote:
I believe Munoz had to clean up the 'chairman's flight' mess (the special weekly scheduled flight from EWR to South Carolina for the Chair of the Board of the PANYNJ to get favored treatment at EWR) and other messy cultural situations.

Wasn't it the Chairman's flight thing that got Smisek fired?
 
phlswaflyer
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:49 pm

Kirby was Parkers boy - that should tell you everything you need to know about the future demise of UA.
 
User avatar
usdcaguy
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:09 pm

CriticalPoint wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:
Really hope this means that UA will end its policy of not allowing people to take rollaboards on board free of charge when traveling in Basic Economy. Always dissuaded from flying them because of this. That and the mountain of rebooking errors I experienced last year due to an IROP. They also need to bring all reservation work back to the US so we have someone who can understand our language and speak in a way that we can all understand. AA does way better than this.


You can bring a roller board on by buying a ticket that’s not BASIC. You pay at F9/NK so why should UA be free?


Because AA, DL and WN, carriers that are more comparable to UA, allow a free rollaboard on the lowest fares paid. It's absurd to think I'd pay $70 more or so just to take a rollaboard. As a result, I stuff everything in a bag the size of their famous "personal item" and do without instead of paying for practically nothing.
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14103
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:27 pm

My gratitude and respect to Oscar for what he has done for United and it’s customers. He came in and then suddenly suffered for what many others would have been a career ending medical crisis. He survived and somehow found the energy to face the challenge of turning the culture around.

Oscar turned around the culture, Kirby turned around the operation. He and Oscar faced many skeptics from Wall Street when they outlined their aggressive growth plans. They have been proven right , and that aggressive growth was Kirby. He had the plan to return United to its natural place in the market.

I kind of wished they would have put this day off a couple more years, but Im wondering if other carriers have been wooing Kirby. Oscar seeing that and being confident in where United is today probably said now is the time. When Oscar brought Scott aboard they probably planned out when this day would come.

Thank you to Oscar, and to Scott you are tasked on protecting the hard won gains as well as continuing the current growth strategy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 775
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:19 am

The next major thing UA needs to address is upgauging it’s network to more mainline/larger RJ’s and reducing 50 seaters. I wonder if Kirby will eventually have a change of heart on the A220?
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14103
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:23 am

BNAMealer wrote:
The next major thing UA needs to address is upgauging it’s network to more mainline/larger RJ’s and reducing 50 seaters. I wonder if Kirby will eventually have a change of heart on the A220?


I hope so, they’re in the best position of the US 3
In terms of their widebody fleet strategy, it’s the mainline and large regionals where they need to catch up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757
 
WkndWanderer
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:38 am

Phoenix757767 wrote:
He was asked to leave. Aka fired.

https://viewfromthewing.com/american-ai ... f-my-life/

American Airlines CEO: Firing Airline President Scott Kirby “Was One of the Worst Days of My Life”


Although even that basically says that they didn’t necessarily want to get rid of Kirby, but that if it came down to trying to keep Isom and Kirby, they thought that Kirby was the riskier long term bet because they thought he’d eventually move on to other pastures anyway. None of what’s in either the quote or the analysis is really premised on them thinking he was bad at his job.
 
n7371f
Posts: 1801
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:05 am

Kirby has real, substantial people issues. Hopefully he's learned to lighten up in the past few years.
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 775
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:12 am

STT757 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
The next major thing UA needs to address is upgauging it’s network to more mainline/larger RJ’s and reducing 50 seaters. I wonder if Kirby will eventually have a change of heart on the A220?


I hope so, they’re in the best position of the US 3
In terms of their widebody fleet strategy, it’s the mainline and large regionals where they need to catch up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


An A223 order to supplement the A319s would be awesome. This could trigger more E75s being added.
 
MSPNWA
Posts: 3698
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:47 am

It was only a matter of time. Munoz did a great job as the placebo pill to get the employees to put the merger behind them and start pulling in the same direction. It was a temporary job, and he fulfilled his mission. Kirby is the star of the show. Hopefully UA employees understand what a skilled CEO they will soon have.

BNAMealer wrote:
The next major thing UA needs to address is upgauging it’s network to more mainline/larger RJ’s and reducing 50 seaters. I wonder if Kirby will eventually have a change of heart on the A220?


If Kirby hasn't ordered them now when he already runs the airline, it wouldn't make sense for him to buy them later just because he's the CEO. The economics of the A220 are challenging for UA, and even the incentive of unlocking more large RJs from the pilot's contract hasn't been enough. UA needs large narrowbodies badly, not small ones.
 
sdh9
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:13 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:22 am

BNAMealer wrote:
An A223 order to supplement the A319s would be awesome. This could trigger more E75s being added.


Nope. Only the A221 counts.
 
UAUA
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:45 am

Oh Munoz isn't going anywhere. He will still be with UA as the chairman.
My former profile name was United Airline.
 
RalXWB
Posts: 499
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:36 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:07 am

So Boeing lost their CEO at UA :stirthepot:
 
umichman
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:42 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 am

usdcaguy wrote:

Because AA, DL and WN, carriers that are more comparable to UA, allow a free rollaboard on the lowest fares paid. It's absurd to think I'd pay $70 more or so just to take a rollaboard. As a result, I stuff everything in a bag the size of their famous "personal item" and do without instead of paying for practically nothing.


Clearly there's more to Main Cabin than just being able to carry on a rollaboard (like being able to change your ticket, pre-select a seat, and potential purchase or get complimentary upgrades). The airlines don't really want you to buy Basic Economy fares. But they also realize there's a line where than can lose significant numbers of price sensitive customers to LCC's if the differential and restrictions are too great. It is a bit odd that UA has chosen not to follow AA and DL as once two have implemented something the third one generally follows along. At any rate, I doubt this is the type of decision that is made at the CEO level.
 
User avatar
NeBaNi
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:45 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the employee bonus lottery yet, attributed to Scott Kirby at the time.
 
strfyr51
Posts: 4899
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Oscar Munoz stepping down

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:12 pm

rufusmi wrote:
Wow. Not sure whether that’s good or bad news.

It's good news for Sure! He'll keep the ball rolling!
 
strfyr51
Posts: 4899
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:31 pm

UAUA wrote:
So where will Munoz go?

Oscar may retire after being chairman of the board. Hell! He's earned it! It could not have been easy turning United around after the Merger. There were a LOT of ill feelings going around there. and HE had to take on the brunt of their Ire. and smooth things out, And? He's done a good job!
 
User avatar
September11
Posts: 3647
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 12:49 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:34 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
Congratulations!


Indeed!
Airliners.net of the Future
 
n75jyv
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:01 am

My only question: will Kirby be making cameo appearances in the safety videos? Enjoyed seeing Oscar in them. Have to like a CEO willing to do that (and showing a sense of humor).
 
xxcr
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:07 am

im not sure if this is good or bad having Kirby as CEO. Munoz left a big impression, so Kirby is forsure going to feel the pressure.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 13201
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:17 am

UA857 wrote:
Is Oscar Munoz stepping down because of David Dao?

You're trolling, right? :irked:

You think even 1% of the consumer public remembers who that is, at this point?
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
747megatop
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 8:22 am

Re: Oscar Munoz stepping down

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:46 am

rufusmi wrote:
Wow. Not sure whether that’s good or bad news.

Wow?? Why wow. I am actually surprised that the guy lasted this long at a high stress pressure cooker job with a transplanted heart.In fact it was a big surprise that he got back into his job in the first place after a heart transplant! I think Munoz couldn't take it anymore.
 
747megatop
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 8:22 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:48 am

LAX772LR wrote:
UA857 wrote:
Is Oscar Munoz stepping down because of David Dao?

You're trolling, right? :irked:

You think even 1% of the consumer public remembers who that is, at this point?

David WHO? :rotfl: Oscar quit because of David (Who?) ?
 
UA857
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:41 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:59 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
UA857 wrote:
Is Oscar Munoz stepping down because of David Dao?

You're trolling, right? :irked:

You think even 1% of the consumer public remembers who that is, at this point?

I'm not trolling.
 
SFOtoORD
Posts: 1208
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:27 pm

UA857 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
UA857 wrote:
Is Oscar Munoz stepping down because of David Dao?

You're trolling, right? :irked:

You think even 1% of the consumer public remembers who that is, at this point?

I'm not trolling.


In that case it’s just a senseless comment. If David Dao was the cause it would have happened years ago.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 13201
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:43 pm

SFOtoORD wrote:
UA857 wrote:
I'm not trolling.

In that case it’s just a senseless comment. If David Dao was the cause it would have happened years ago.

^ This
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
Papiexpress737
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Can some one tell me if there is going to be a merger now with United Airlines? Since Scott Kirby was successful forbAmerican West and Usair. also AA and Usair airways merger to.
 
USAirKid
Posts: 621
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Papiexpress737 wrote:
Can some one tell me if there is going to be a merger now with United Airlines? Since Scott Kirby was successful forbAmerican West and Usair. also AA and Usair airways merger to.


Definitely not. Both United and American are far too big to be allowed to merge with each other. The US Federal Government would never allow it.

The America West/US Airways and US Airways/American mergers were of a different era when airlines were an order of magnitude smaller than they are today.
 
UALeng
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:02 pm

USAirKid wrote:
Papiexpress737 wrote:
Can some one tell me if there is going to be a merger now with United Airlines? Since Scott Kirby was successful forbAmerican West and Usair. also AA and Usair airways merger to.


Definitely not. Both United and American are far too big to be allowed to merge with each other. The US Federal Government would never allow it.

The America West/US Airways and US Airways/American mergers were of a different era when airlines were an order of magnitude smaller than they are today.


Plus it's probably in our best interest to finally conclude the FIRST merger, that's still being worked through in a handful of aspects, before even thinking about another one... :spin:
 
User avatar
usdcaguy
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:41 pm

Re: United CEO Munoz stepping down; Kirby appointed

Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:16 am

umichman wrote:
usdcaguy wrote:

Because AA, DL and WN, carriers that are more comparable to UA, allow a free rollaboard on the lowest fares paid. It's absurd to think I'd pay $70 more or so just to take a rollaboard. As a result, I stuff everything in a bag the size of their famous "personal item" and do without instead of paying for practically nothing.


Clearly there's more to Main Cabin than just being able to carry on a rollaboard (like being able to change your ticket, pre-select a seat, and potential purchase or get complimentary upgrades). The airlines don't really want you to buy Basic Economy fares. But they also realize there's a line where than can lose significant numbers of price sensitive customers to LCC's if the differential and restrictions are too great. It is a bit odd that UA has chosen not to follow AA and DL as once two have implemented something the third one generally follows along. At any rate, I doubt this is the type of decision that is made at the CEO level.


True. But perhaps Kirby will choose new people with a different perspective. Basic Economy is the equivalent of the former lowest available fares but without the ability to choose a seat, change your ticket or get a seat assignment. A complete shell game on the part of the US3, who argued that industry consolidation was in the interest of the consumer. I can't get near what I got in the past before consolidation. I almost prefer WN now for that reason. When I can book with someone who offers free ticket changes, free bags (without any obligation to get their card) and who lets me choose a seat once I'm on board, I don't see any reason (besides access to IFE) to book one of the US3 if prices are about the same.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos