Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dabc
Topic Author

Aigle Azur Slots in Paris Orly Allocated

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:20 pm

9868 slots allocated today

Lufthansa (1460) : 2 daily flights to Munich [article 2b i) and ii) of the Slot Regulation]
HOP! (1460) : 2 daily flights to Frankfurt [article 2b i) and ii) of the Slot Regulation]
Wizz Air (1460) : 1 daily flight to Budapest and 1 daily flight to Sofia [article 2b i) and ii) of the Slot Regulation]
Easyjet Airline (730) : 1 daily flight to Glasgow [article 2b i) and ii) of the Slot Regulation]

Air Caraïbes International : 1460 slots (equivalent to 2 daily flights)
Corsair International : 1460 slots (equivalent to 2 daily flights)
Transavia France : 1460 slots (equivalent to 2 daily flights)
La Compagnie-Dreamjet : 312 slots (equivalent to 3 weekly flights)
TAP Air Portugal : 66 slots for summer season only

ZI slots were mainly used for Algeria routes
None of the 3 following airlines that applied for Algerian routes has benefited from the slots

ASL Airlines France (2 daily to Algiers, 1 daily to Bejaia, Oran)
Tassili Airlines (1 daily to Algiers)
Volotea (2 daily to Algiers, Oran, 1 daily to Bejaia, Constantine, Setif, Tlemcen)

This means that all ZI traffic rights to Algeria will likely move to Paris CDG

http://www.cohor.org/en/ory-05122019-ne ... llocation/

SpaceshipDC10

Re: Aigle Azur Slots in Paris Orly Allocated

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Will be intersting on which route will Corsair use them.

Nicknuzzii

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Will be intersting on which route will Corsair use them.

Wouldn’t they have to be used for the EWR flight?

by738

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 pm

Transavia to GLA and LPL

sevenair

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Glasgow to Orly isn't a route I was expecting. Will U2 keep their Glasgow to CDG?

TS-IOR

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Transavia is probably using two of these for the granted twice a week days 57 service to MAN

nicode

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:42 pm

Seeing both EZY and TO to Glasgow is strange.... For competition ?

digitalcloud

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 pm

nicode wrote:
Seeing both EZY and TO to Glasgow is strange.... For competition ?

Why is it strange? Paris-Glasgow is relatively underserved with just a daily flight to CDG with easyJet. CDG is popular with families heading to Disney, ORY is much more popular with French tourists and business pax.

sevenair

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:41 pm

There isn't a huge amount of ORY to UK service. I'm surprised that GLA gets ORY service before many other cities that I would expect to see.

stylo777

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:04 am

Interesting to see LH to ORY besides their dozen of flights to CDG from all their hubs.

SCQ83

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:54 am

stylo777 wrote:
Interesting to see LH to ORY besides their dozen of flights to CDG from all their hubs.

Two daily should be good for connections via MUC to Asia, Middle East or Eastern Europe.

I also find interesting Wizz Air at ORY.

digitalcloud

Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:03 pm

I think Ryanair is the most surprising...

SCQ83

Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:45 pm

Hopefully Transavia will launch ORY-SCQ and AFKL will finally set foot in Santiago de Compostela.

Anisec Luftfahrt GmbH (13 weekly flights to Vienna), Easyjet Airline (1 daily flight to Glasgow), Hop! (2 daily flights to Frankfurt and 2 daily flights to Munich – FJ Strauss), Lufthansa (2 daily flights to Munich – FJ Strauss), Transavia Airlines C.V. (2 weekly flights to Bristol, Glasgow, Liverpool, 1 weekly flight to Gran Canaria, 3 weekly flights to Krakow, Santiago de Compostela), Wizz Air (1 daily flight to Budapest, Sofia, Warsaw – Chopin).

f4f3a

Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:49 pm

I wonder if we’ll see if u2 be able to serve Algeria and Tunisia now from cdg?

MCTSET

Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:09 pm

So with ZI gone what does that mean for service to Algeria and NA? It is such a large market I can't just see them ignoring the collapse of ZI and it's routes.

I also think a few increases in frequency isn't enough for the size of market it was already underserved before ZI

konkret

Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:15 pm

stylo777 wrote:

HOP to FRA seems more interesting/surprising to me.

Someone83

Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Can we expect that all the slots actually will be used and not handed back? AFAIK no routes/flights from these airlines to ORY has been announced or uploaded yet?

Humberside

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Probably too soon for any new flights to be on sale - it was only two days ago the airlines found out they had been successful in getting the slots (unless they got advance notice before the press release). Given how demand far exceeds supply for slots at Orly, putting flights on sale without the slots having been secured wouldn''t be advisable

jsnww81

Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:24 pm

MCTSET wrote:
So with ZI gone what does that mean for service to Algeria and NA? It is such a large market I can't just see them ignoring the collapse of ZI and it's routes.

I also think a few increases in frequency isn't enough for the size of market it was already underserved before ZI

Air Algerie serves quite a few cities from Orly - I was just there last week and was surprised to see flights checking in for cities like Setif and Batna. I knew that large secondary cities like Constantine, Annaba and Oran had direct flights to Paris, but I'd assumed passengers going to tertiary cities had to connect in Algiers.

If memory serves, aren't there also quite a few flights from CDG to Algeria? Or is the Algerian diaspora in Paris more concentrated on the southern side of the city? I don't know much about how that population is distributed around metro Paris.

On an unrelated note, I found the whole switch from Orly Sud/Orly Ouest to Orly 1-2-3-4 to be kind of stupid. I don't know why the new connecting building wasn't just called Orly Centrale or something. It's especially weird that the former Orly Ouest building was divided into 1 and 2.

A380MSN004

Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:15 pm

jsnww81 wrote:
MCTSET wrote:

Air Algerie serves quite a few cities from Orly - I was just there last week and was surprised to see flights checking in for cities like Setif and Batna. I knew that large secondary cities like Constantine, Annaba and Oran had direct flights to Paris, but I'd assumed passengers going to tertiary cities had to connect in Algiers.

If memory serves, aren't there also quite a few flights from CDG to Algeria? Or is the Algerian diaspora in Paris more concentrated on the southern side of the city? I don't know much about how that population is distributed around metro Paris.

On an unrelated note, I found the whole switch from Orly Sud/Orly Ouest to Orly 1-2-3-4 to be kind of stupid. I don't know why the new connecting building wasn't just called Orly Centrale or something. It's especially weird that the former Orly Ouest building was divided into 1 and 2.

Algerian diaspora lives mainly over "Val de Marne" and "Seine St Denis" department. So East and South east of Ile de France (Paris suburbs).

TS-IOR

Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:33 am

Volotea asked for slots to link some Algerian points.. Did they had traffic rights as a Spanish carrier to fly F-DZ?

A380MSN004

Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:45 am

TS-IOR wrote:
Volotea asked for slots to link some Algerian points.. Did they had traffic rights as a Spanish carrier to fly F-DZ?

The trafic rights had not been allocated yet, only the slots.
As a Spanish carrier they can have those traffic rights as long as their crew are under french contracts.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos