x1234
Topic Author
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Congrats to Emirates and MEX! I hope this flight is successful as it brings the 2nd largest population in Latin America to the ME and Far East! Even though AeroMexico & All Nippon Airways flies trans-Pacific from MEX to ICN & NRT (always expensive, connecting via the USA or Canada is cheaper) the EK product is superior.
 
dodgers702
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:42 pm

according to reports it was full flight (over 300 pax).
 
olli
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2001 1:08 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:20 pm

dodgers702 wrote:
according to reports it was full flight (over 300 pax).


That would be hard since the flight is operated by a B777-200LR with a capacity for 266 passengers.

Best Regards,
 
alatar144
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:27 pm

olli wrote:
dodgers702 wrote:
according to reports it was full flight (over 300 pax).


That would be hard since the flight is operated by a B777-200LR with a capacity for 266 passengers.

Best Regards,


In fact it would be eminently possible, even likely, considering the reconfigured B777-200LR has a capacity of 302 passengers. See press release here: https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-more-spacious-business-class-seats-on-its-boeing-777-aircraft

Regards
QF EK ZL NZ UA TG AF CZ IB BA VY LH DY VA QQ WX. ATR72 CRJ700 E175 F100 738 752 763 744 772 77W A319 A320 A332 A333 A388 SAAB340B DH200 DH300 Q400 RJ85
 
cedarjet
Posts: 8606
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 1:12 am

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:55 am

Inaugurals are always full — lots of press, travel agents etc on junkets, avgeeks etc. Day three is a tougher sell, and more representative...!
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz
 
airzona11
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:36 am

Any early indication of what this is doing for fares between MEX and BCN?

Very cool to EK adding another destination.
 
santi319
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:56 am

Cabotage continues by EK I see..
 
Gemuser
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:07 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:01 am

santi319 wrote:
Cabotage continues by EK I see..

??? What cabotage? UAE, Spain & Mexico are all independent countries.

Gemuser
 
santi319
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:55 am

Gemuser wrote:
santi319 wrote:
Cabotage continues by EK I see..

??? What cabotage? UAE, Spain & Mexico are all independent countries.

Gemuser

Sorry you are correct.

I thought cabotage was also when the airline carry pax between two countries that have nothing to do with the airline but I was wrong.

Apologies to all.
 
Gemuser
Posts: 5038
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:07 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:34 am

santi319 wrote:
Gemuser wrote:
santi319 wrote:
Cabotage continues by EK I see..

??? What cabotage? UAE, Spain & Mexico are all independent countries.

Gemuser

Sorry you are correct.

I thought cabotage was also when the airline carry pax between two countries that have nothing to do with the airline but I was wrong.

Apologies to all.

No problem, that is called 5th Freedom traffic. {from the "Freedoms of the Air]

Gemuser
 
Avgeek21
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 am

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:26 am

cedarjet wrote:
Inaugurals are always full — lots of press, travel agents etc on junkets, avgeeks etc. Day three is a tougher sell, and more representative...!


True. So far loads are ok for initial week. Leave it to EK to fill it up. They know what they are doing. Config is 38J/264Y.
 
upperdeckfan
Posts: 999
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 am

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:00 am

dodgers702 wrote:
according to reports it was full flight (over 300 pax).


What reports? can you provide a source?

@novedadesaereas on twitter is reporting 67,8% load on BCN-MEX
748,744,742,741,772,773,762,763,
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3
 
Arion640
Posts: 2644
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:26 am

UAE is possibly the most diverse developed country. They shouldn’t Be underestimated.
Great Britain: the worlds gateway to Europe.
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9185
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:32 am

santi319 wrote:
Cabotage continues by EK I see..


look up what cpotage means
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11638
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 am

x1234 wrote:
Congrats to Emirates and MEX! I hope this flight is successful as it brings the 2nd largest population in Latin America to the ME and Far East! Even though AeroMexico & All Nippon Airways flies trans-Pacific from MEX to ICN & NRT (always expensive, connecting via the USA or Canada is cheaper) the EK product is superior.


Wow... a two-stop on a 10AB 777....
And while EK has a pretty good product, superior to ANA is quite a stretch...

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
santi319
Posts: 894
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Gemuser wrote:
santi319 wrote:
Gemuser wrote:
??? What cabotage? UAE, Spain & Mexico are all independent countries.

Gemuser

Sorry you are correct.

I thought cabotage was also when the airline carry pax between two countries that have nothing to do with the airline but I was wrong.

Apologies to all.

No problem, that is called 5th Freedom traffic. {from the "Freedoms of the Air]

Gemuser


Yes! Thats what I meant! Thank you!
 
TrafficCop
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Re: Today's the inaugural of EK255 of DXB-BCN-MEX!

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:08 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
santi319 wrote:
Cabotage continues by EK I see..


look up what cpotage means


Maybe use spell check!!! :rotfl:

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos