Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KDAL
Topic Author

Southwest Agrees to Compensation for Max Grounding

Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere here yet.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/12/southwe ... oyees.html

"Southwest Airlines said Thursday it has reached agreement with Boeing to compensate the airline for some of the financial damages from the grounding of the 737 Max.

Southwest didn't disclose the terms of the agreement, but the Dallas-based airline reiterated that it would share $125 million with its employees."

The details of the settlement itself appear to be confidential, but the money going to the employee profit sharing award is in line with statements made by the company earlier in the year.

Perhaps some discounts on future Max aircraft? Seems likely, but I suspect we'll never truly know the answer.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.

Sooner787

Re: Southwest Agrees to Compensation for Max Grounding

Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:58 pm

I'd say this bodes well for RTS to be sooner than later.

I think Southwest has enough confidence in the RTS time frame to sign off on deal. :)

KDAL
Topic Author

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Sooner787 wrote:

I think Southwest has enough confidence in the RTS time frame to sign off on deal. :)

Agreed. Here's hoping RTS comes soon! The grounding has made this a very frustrating year for many (if not all) employees. The fact that PS shouldn't be affected is nice, but getting our fleet back will be better.
All opinions and views expressed are my own and not representative of those of Southwest Airlines Co., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.

admanager

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Sooner787 wrote:

It appears the FAA doesn't share your confidence. "FAA Administrator Steve Dickson said Wednesday he would not clear the plane to fly before 2020 and disclosed the agency has an ongoing investigation into 737 production issues in Renton, Washington. He added there are nearly a dozen milestones that must be completed before the MAX returns to service."

It'll be nice to get the Max back in the air.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boei ... ss+News%29

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos