Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wnflyguy

Re: Long Beach (LGB) increasing number of air carrier slots

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:20 pm

MDGLongBeach wrote:
Looks like FedEx is giving up their last remaining slot. They've been here for more than 30 years. Airlines have until September 17th to notify airport officials if they want the slot. The current waitlist in order is as follows: Hawaiian, Delta, Southwest and then American. (https://lbpost.com/news/fedex-to-give-u ... n-30-years)

Their been talk is either Hawaiian or Southwest adding KOA on Sunday,Monday,Wednesday,Friday and LIH on Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday.
LGB loads are doing good according to Hawaiian.
So I’d expect them not to pass up on the Slot.

Delta is currently in jeopardy of Losing 7 slots under the minimum requirements. So they don’t need an additional slot.

Southwest has said it will always take any slots that become available.
If WN gets the additional slot I’m sure they will bring back their additional Afternoon HNL slot.
They used FedEx slot over the summer time on the 180 day temporary basis anyway.

I believe After Oct 1 Delta has to relinquish its unused slots.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

dc10lover

Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:52 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Only thing I can imagine delta doing is ATL?

DL might even fly to Salt Lake City from Long Beach.

MDGLongBeach

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:09 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:
Looks like FedEx is giving up their last remaining slot. They've been here for more than 30 years. Airlines have until September 17th to notify airport officials if they want the slot. The current waitlist in order is as follows: Hawaiian, Delta, Southwest and then American. (https://lbpost.com/news/fedex-to-give-u ... n-30-years)

Their been talk is either Hawaiian or Southwest adding KOA on Sunday,Monday,Wednesday,Friday and LIH on Tuesday,Thursday and Saturday.

Delta is currently in jeopardy of Losing 7 slots under the minimum requirements. So they don’t need an additional slot.

If WN gets the additional slot I’m sure they will bring back their additional Afternoon HNL slot.
They used FedEx slot over the summer time on the 180 day temporary basis anyway.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

I saw a report that recent Hawaiian loads have been consistently full, so I'd hope to see more HAL expansion here in the near future. I heard some rumors that WN will drop STL in favor of BWI... is this true? It would be great to get some transcon service back as we've been deprived of such for almost a year now since B6's departure. On another note, I'd be disappointed to see Delta drop all those slots considering the potential for ATL and SEA, but I guess we'll have to find out.

dc10lover wrote:

Delta already flies SLC-LGB 4x daily.

MDGLGB

dc10lover

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:12 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Wneast wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:

I can't speak for Breeze as I'm not very familiar with their operations, but AAY had similar routes back in 2010/2011 and left LGB within a year. Spoke to spoke destinations typically haven't worked out from LGB, hence why we've seen larger destinations prevail over smaller, more niche routes.
who do you think will get the slots ?

I honestly do see anyone else but Southwest taking the 7 slots IF and when they become available.
This Post COVID environment has opened up LAX gate availability. BUR seen space open up.
ONT has tons of space.
SNA just raised the passenger/flight cap this year which saw Sun Country,Allegiant and Spirit jump into that market.

At LGB any new entrant is only guaranteed 2 permanent Slots. The remaining 5 slots are always subjected to the slot lottery allocation.
This dampens the possibilities for a sizable new market investment. WN is now in the power play position where JetBlue was it has enough slots to in a since scare away new entrants.

Flyguy

I really hope the GEG - SNA route is very successfull for Allegiant Air but I wish Alaska Airlines would serve that route with daily flights on an Embraer 175. If Alaska Airlines can, drop SNA and have Paine Field - LAX flights then shift the SNA flight to serve GEG non - stop.

jplatts

Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:54 pm

MDGLongBeach wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

I saw a report that recent Hawaiian loads have been consistently full, so I'd hope to see more HAL expansion here in the near future. I heard some rumors that WN will drop STL in favor of BWI... is this true? It would be great to get some transcon service back as we've been deprived of such for almost a year now since B6's departure. On another note, I'd be disappointed to see Delta drop all those slots considering the potential for ATL and SEA, but I guess we'll have to find out.

In addition to LGB-BWI/KOA/LIH, WN adding LGB-BNA/SFO nonstop service are also possibilities if WN gets extra slots at LGB with BNA and SFO being top destinations traveled to from Greater Los Angeles on WN that aren't currently served nonstop from LGB.

DaCubbyBearBar

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:21 pm

jplatts wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

In addition to LGB-BWI/KOA/LIH, WN adding LGB-BNA/SFO nonstop service are also possibilities if WN gets extra slots at LGB with BNA and SFO being top destinations traveled to from Greater Los Angeles on WN that aren't currently served nonstop from LGB.

It is 1 slot available, so what service are they reducing to add all of your cities?

Iggy500

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:51 pm

DaCubbyBearBar wrote:
jplatts wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:

It is 1 slot available, so what service are they reducing to add all of your cities?

Regarding the slots and speculation of new routes, I honestly don't see DL adding ATL-LGB anytime soon. B6 failed miserably on that route when they first entered the ATL market in 2003. LGB-SEA is a sure-fire route though. As for WN, LGB-BWI/KOA/LIH/SFO are the routes that are most likely to be added in the near future, and BNA is a small possibility as well.

wnflyguy

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:04 pm

DaCubbyBearBar wrote:
jplatts wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:

Both Delta and FedEx were issued letters of warning for
Not meeting the 85% slot usage requirements and had until October 1, 2021 FedEx only Had 1 slot so they quickly responded to just give it back and leave LGB.
Delta is currently under using 7 of its 12 slots and has until October 1 to basically use it or return them to LGB for reallocation.
DL knows losing the Slots will end up at the competition so there just sitting on them until there forcefully take away.

WN had said it will take any available slots.
So that’s where you see the speculation of new LGB flying from WN comes from.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

hawaiian717

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:02 pm

Iggy500 wrote:
Regarding the slots and speculation of new routes, I honestly don't see DL adding ATL-LGB anytime soon. B6 failed miserably on that route when they first entered the ATL market in 2003.

The thing to keep in mind is that when JetBlue tried LGB-ATL, AirTran had just recently started flying LAX-ATL. So you might say JetBlue was caught in the crossfire between Delta and AirTran. Delta I would think has a better chance of making LGB-ATL successful than JetBlue ever did. While JetBlue was connecting the ATL spoke to their small LGB hub, Delta would be connecting LGB to their massive ATL hub operation, giving LGB one-stop connections to a multitude of destinations, not only in the Eastern US but to Europe, the Caribbean, and South America (at least in non-pandemic times).

Iggy500

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:54 pm

hawaiian717 wrote:
Iggy500 wrote:
Regarding the slots and speculation of new routes, I honestly don't see DL adding ATL-LGB anytime soon. B6 failed miserably on that route when they first entered the ATL market in 2003.

The thing to keep in mind is that when JetBlue tried LGB-ATL, AirTran had just recently started flying LAX-ATL. So you might say JetBlue was caught in the crossfire between Delta and AirTran. Delta I would think has a better chance of making LGB-ATL successful than JetBlue ever did. While JetBlue was connecting the ATL spoke to their small LGB hub, Delta would be connecting LGB to their massive ATL hub operation, giving LGB one-stop connections to a multitude of destinations, not only in the Eastern US but to Europe, the Caribbean, and South America (at least in non-pandemic times).

Oh yeah, I forgot about that AirTran part. I guess DL adding the route could be possible, but we’ll have to see how the slot situation plays out first.

jplatts

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 pm

hawaiian717 wrote:
Iggy500 wrote:

I agree with your point, and DL also has significant FF bases in both Greater Atlanta and Greater Los Angeles (due to its ATL and LAX hubs) to support LGB-ATL nonstop service.

DL also already serves ATL nonstop from some other secondary airports such as MDW, DAL, HOU, ONT, SNA, SJC, and HPN.

wnflyguy

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:28 am

Well hopefully Monday we will find out who got awarded the FedEx slot.
Hawaiian or Southwest?

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

Wneast

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:33 am

wnflyguy wrote:
Well hopefully Monday we will find out who got awarded the FedEx slot.
Hawaiian or Southwest?

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

What about the delta slots ?

XRadar98

Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:24 am

I sometimes get lost in posts trying to read them. Is there a there, they’re, their police?

RWA380

Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:50 am

DL loses all the slots they want, the demand is up & if the current users don't want to use, it sounds that there they'll be sat on until DL is forced to move. All of these things have been given a lot of lax time, but now it's use it or lose it time.

ScottB

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:50 am

hawaiian717 wrote:
Delta I would think has a better chance of making LGB-ATL successful than JetBlue ever did. While JetBlue was connecting the ATL spoke to their small LGB hub, Delta would be connecting LGB to their massive ATL hub operation, giving LGB one-stop connections to a multitude of destinations, not only in the Eastern US but to Europe, the Caribbean, and South America (at least in non-pandemic times).

The problem for Delta in a market like ATL-LGB is that they'd have to commit a fair amount of capacity if they want to attract business travelers on the route. It requires mainline due to distance and the high-frequency service available on ATL-LAX will continue to draw high-value customers if the schedule choices at LGB aren't adequate. They'd have no trouble filling a plane with leisure travelers on discounted fares but one could easily say that about another ATL-LAX frequency, too.

And connecting LGB with all the global destinations offered via ATL would require several frequencies as the Europe/South America/Caribbean flights tend to operate at very different hours of the day.

SurfandSnow

Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:59 am

ScottB wrote:
hawaiian717 wrote:
Delta I would think has a better chance of making LGB-ATL successful than JetBlue ever did. While JetBlue was connecting the ATL spoke to their small LGB hub, Delta would be connecting LGB to their massive ATL hub operation, giving LGB one-stop connections to a multitude of destinations, not only in the Eastern US but to Europe, the Caribbean, and South America (at least in non-pandemic times).

The problem for Delta in a market like ATL-LGB is that they'd have to commit a fair amount of capacity if they want to attract business travelers on the route. It requires mainline due to distance and the high-frequency service available on ATL-LAX will continue to draw high-value customers if the schedule choices at LGB aren't adequate. They'd have no trouble filling a plane with leisure travelers on discounted fares but one could easily say that about another ATL-LAX frequency, too.

And connecting LGB with all the global destinations offered via ATL would require several frequencies as the Europe/South America/Caribbean flights tend to operate at very different hours of the day.

Seeing as how ATL-BUR failed, I don't think DL would have any interest in trying ATL-LGB. So many opportunity costs for the mainline equipment that would have to be used for such a route.

On the other hand, didn't B6 do fairly well on the LGB-SEA route? That seems like something an outsourced DL E-175 could do without much trouble. I suppose DL could always suddenly find reason to resume LGB-LAS, too. Does Delta Connection still do any p2p flying from LAS?

ScottB

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:56 pm

SurfandSnow wrote:
On the other hand, didn't B6 do fairly well on the LGB-SEA route? That seems like something an outsourced DL E-175 could do without much trouble. I suppose DL could always suddenly find reason to resume LGB-LAS, too. Does Delta Connection still do any p2p flying from LAS?

It depends on what one considers "fairly well." The planes weren't empty, but LGB-SEA fares lagged every other L.A.-region-to-Seattle market and were worse than what B6 was getting for JFK-MCO, a leisure market of comparable distance. E175s might be better as a smaller increment of capacity to fill.

jfklganyc

Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:46 pm

Why would Delta fly LGB ATL at bottom feeder fares and put pressure on LAX yields?

They have a nice schedule to the closest hub. That is sufficient for connections.

pmanni1

Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:53 pm

MDGLongBeach wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

dc10lover wrote:

MDGLGB

WN is keeping STL and BWI is not happening.

hawaiian717

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Just to be clear, I don’t really expect Delta to start LGB-ATL; they’ve had plenty of opportunity to and never seemed interested. My point was that I don’t think pointing to JetBlue’s failure on the route means it wouldn’t work for Delta.

wnflyguy

Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:33 pm

hawaiian717 wrote:
Just to be clear, I don’t really expect Delta to start LGB-ATL; they’ve had plenty of opportunity to and never seemed interested. My point was that I don’t think pointing to JetBlue’s failure on the route means it wouldn’t work for Delta.

Delta come Oct 1 is subjected to losing 7 unused slots of its
Own. So I highly doubt there going to increase 7 flights at
LGB just to keep the slots in this environment.
Take SNA as an example there also not operating at full capacity in that hire yielded environment.
I don’t see high hopes of LGB.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

DaCubbyBearBar

Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:34 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
hawaiian717 wrote:

Delta come Oct 1 is subjected to losing 7 unused slots of its
Own. So I highly doubt there going to increase 7 flights at
LGB just to keep the slots in this environment.
Take SNA as an example there also not operating at full capacity in that hire yielded environment.
I don’t see high hopes of LGB.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

Any news??

wnflyguy

Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:18 pm

They city council meeting for today was canceled. No new meeting date has been scheduled at this time.
With Delta the next airline in violation of the use it or lose it rule come October. Maybe they feel it’s better to reallocate 8 Slots with the attempt to bring in a new carrier.
If let’s say Hawaiian,Southwest or American would have been awarded the additional slot today anyway they would have had to use this slot well before the Holiday rush. Given the impact of the Delta Variant and depressed passengers numbers as a result they probably feel it’s best to reallocate at the maximum schedule calendar under the ordinance.
I’m sure all parties are in agreement since their not a rush to add additional flying right now.

Also as WN has proven it’s never been shy of temporary using slots 180 days at a time.

With Avelo little success they have made in BUR.
Throwing its hat into the ring for the 8 potential open slots could help them bracket the LA/OC catchment area.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

ScottB

Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:45 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
With Avelo little success they have made in BUR.
Throwing its hat into the ring for the 8 potential open slots could help them bracket the LA/OC catchment area.

If the sort of routes XP has been trying at BUR aren't working there, they're not going to be any better at LGB. They'd be better-off putting themselves on the list for SNA slots.

FlyingJhawk

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:08 am

dc10lover wrote:

MDGLGB[/quote]

They better be still flying it next Thursday because I'm on 3933!

wnflyguy

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:53 pm

FlyingJhawk wrote:
dc10lover wrote:

MDGLGB

They better be still flying it next Thursday because I'm on 3933![/quote]

Future schedules only have Delta flying just 5 SLC flights.
Again just using 5 of their 12 total slots.
Well under the minimum slot usage requirements under the LGB slot program.

While I would like to see WN add more flights to LGB.
I’d rather see NK or F9(return) to LGB adding more variety.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

WidebodyPTV

Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:03 pm

I doubt NK and F9 are interested in LGB. Current fares for both carriers are low from SNA -- if I wanted to fly SNA-LAS, I use to pay a premium over LAX, but now fares are generally lower (even lower than NK's fares from LAX).

Alas, I don't see much interest in LGB slots status quo, unless WN wants more for speculation.

wnflyguy

Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:43 pm

Well I’ve heard that Frontier has officially put in an inquiry about possibly returning to the Airport.
With them Leaving LAX there is new Talk of them possibly leaving the High cost and limited slot environment of SNA as well.
LGB could soon have 8 total available slots up for grabs.

While WN has been in the give us everything you have mode. Right now it suffers from Lack of Staffing and these constraints has them in the position of not being able to grow its Network right now. Just last week It’s New CEO already said it will cut flights in the spring if they can’t achieve it’s staffing requirements. Which will probably result in them using new aircraft deliveries to retire older aircraft instead of growth. So this round of available Slots might be a Hard pass for WN.

Hawaiian will probably only take 1 slot if Any at this point. They’re seeing better returns in other new markets where they are the Sole carrier In the market. So I can see them using their mainland Aircraft to feed those higher revenue streams vs adding additional capacity to LGB.

AA could be a Dark horse in grabbing additional slots but the chances of that happening are low.

Number have shown even in a pandemic WN has consistently brought in new organic passenger streams into the airport vs the JetBlue days. It’s helped place LGB on much bigger US domestic radar. This could be a win win for Frontier this time around if the Buzz is indeed true.

With Frontier’s less than daily flying schedules having 4 to 7 potential Flights could add a plethora of new destinations with little of no direct competition to LGB.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

Iggy500

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:07 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Well I’ve heard that Frontier has officially put in an inquiry about possibly returning to the Airport.
With them Leaving LAX there is new Talk of them possibly leaving the High cost and limited slot environment of SNA as well.
LGB could soon have 8 total available slots up for grabs.

While WN has been in the give us everything you have mode. Right now it suffers from Lack of Staffing and these constraints has them in the position of not being able to grow its Network right now. Just last week It’s New CEO already said it will cut flights in the spring if they can’t achieve it’s staffing requirements. Which will probably result in them using new aircraft deliveries to retire older aircraft instead of growth. So this round of available Slots might be a Hard pass for WN.

Hawaiian will probably only take 1 slot if Any at this point. They’re seeing better returns in other new markets where they are the Sole carrier In the market. So I can see them using their mainland Aircraft to feed those higher revenue streams vs adding additional capacity to LGB.

AA could be a Dark horse in grabbing additional slots but the chances of that happening are low.

Number have shown even in a pandemic WN has consistently brought in new organic passenger streams into the airport vs the JetBlue days. It’s helped place LGB on much bigger US domestic radar. This could be a win win for Frontier this time around if the Buzz is indeed true.

With Frontier’s less than daily flying schedules having 4 to 7 potential Flights could add a plethora of new destinations with little of no direct competition to LGB.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

I could definitely see F9 adding LGB-DEN/LAS/ORD/SFO if they return.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:32 pm

The FedEx slot has been reallocated already and will be made officla very soon as backend details are finalized.
There are no other slots to allocate at this time.

Wneast

Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:28 am

LAXintl wrote:
The FedEx slot has been reallocated already and will be made officla very soon as backend details are finalized.

Who’s got it ?

DaCubbyBearBar

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:47 am

LAXintl wrote:

You implying “backend” deals to be made, which can not mean it is a current carrier. If it were an established airline, they just plug a flight in the slot. So which new airline is it??

LAXintl
Topic Author

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Backend simply refers to the city and airline process to get the signatures dry on the allocation.

wnflyguy

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Wneast wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

Who’s got it ?

So nothing is confirmed as of yet But WN is now reflecting 35 daily flights all the into its current booking window of April 2022. LGB-AUS goes from 1 daily flight to 2 daily flights in November.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

SurfandSnow

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:56 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Wneast wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

Who’s got it ?

So nothing is confirmed as of yet But WN is now reflecting 35 daily flights all the into its current booking window of April 2022. LGB-AUS goes from 1 daily flight to 2 daily flights in November.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

LGB-AUS seemed to be one of the stronger routes for B6 out of LGB. Nice to see it working out for WN, too - although WN might actually offer better connectivity at LGB these days than B6 ever did?

WN732

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:56 pm

SurfandSnow wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:
Wneast wrote:
Who’s got it ?

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

LGB-AUS seemed to be one of the stronger routes for B6 out of LGB. Nice to see it working out for WN, too - although WN might actually offer better connectivity at LGB these days than B6 ever did?

For the Western and Central US yes, East coast no.

Wneast

Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:54 am

Does anyone know if Long Beach will add more slots at the end of this year ? Or not enough data still ? Was delta told they are forced to give up slots they aren’t using ?

DaCubbyBearBar

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:21 am

Wneast wrote:
Does anyone know if Long Beach will add more slots at the end of this year ? Or not enough data still ? Was delta told they are forced to give up slots they aren’t using ?

Saw a news article that sounded like no new slots due to lack of usage/Covid so need full 2022 to examine data. So 2023 at the earliest, but just going off news. LAXIntl may know more. No word on DL as I have seen

wnflyguy

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:29 pm

A lot of speculation today that DL has reached an agreement with LGB to resume the usage of their current 7 slot vacancies in the near future and has no objection to other airlines temporarily using these slots until the flights start.
Right now it sounds like all E175 flying with 2 additional SLC, 2 MSP,2 SEA and 1 PDX.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

MDGLongBeach

Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:05 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
A lot of speculation today that DL has reached an agreement with LGB to resume the usage of their current 7 slot vacancies in the near future and has no objection to other airlines temporarily using these slots until the flights start.
Right now it sounds like all E175 flying with 2 additional SLC, 2 MSP,2 SEA and 1 PDX.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

2 MSP? really? I don't see that lasting very long.. when are we gonna hear official word as to whether this speculation is true or not?

gregn21

Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:14 pm

LGB-MSP has to be up there with the likes of SFO-MKE as one of the longest E175 routes.

WidebodyPTV

Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:25 pm

As I posted elsewhere, just wild speculation - it's not happening. DL is still well behind its pre-COVID SNA schedule to SEA, MSP, ATL & DTW. LGB is lower yielding (it has lower average fares on DL to all of those destinations, despite a lack of nonstop service) and lacks the business market that's more central to SNA and LAX.

nine4nine

Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:29 pm

MDGLongBeach wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

2 MSP? really? I don't see that lasting very long.. when are we gonna hear official word as to whether this speculation is true or not?

Exactly. When you can drive another 15-20 mins down to SNA, catch a DL flight on a 319/320 with business and premium econ and not be crammed into an Ejet.

wnflyguy

Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:44 pm

nine4nine wrote:
MDGLongBeach wrote:
wnflyguy wrote:

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

Exactly. When you can drive another 15-20 mins down to SNA, catch a DL flight on a 319/320 with business and premium econ and not be crammed into an Ejet.

I honestly don’t see them doing this for little ole LGB.
But stranger things have happened over the years in this industry. Heck DL having 12 slots to begin with is mind boggling. But as more and more federal vaccination
Mandates roll out the more people will be vaccinated the more pent up demand there will likely be in 2022.
Another factor is LAX is currently under a massive reconstruction situation is where DL will be short 4 gates at a time until 2025. So shifting some seat down the road to LGB frees up some of the bottleneck at LAX it makes sense. All while keeps the seats technically in the same market.

Enjoy or Don’t
Flyguy

WaveMan626

Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:29 pm

I hope it’s true, MSP would make it way easier to get to the east coast. The SLC connections don’t work well going west to east unfortunately. DCA in particular you can’t get to without a double connection. And I hate having to go to LAX or IAD. 7 to SLC is a ton. But I guess jetBlue used to have 2 A320s a day flying there plus the 4 Delta flights so maybe it could work.

diverdave

Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:32 pm

wnflyguy wrote:
Another factor is LAX is currently under a massive reconstruction situation is where DL will be short 4 gates at a time until 2025. So shifting some seat down the road to LGB frees up some of the bottleneck at LAX it makes sense. All while keeps the seats technically in the same market.

A very good point - lord knows, Delta has an unholy mess at LAX.

David

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:40 pm

Now that I can announce it, the FX slot was reallocated to Southwest.

Of the 4 carriers on the slot waiting list, only WN and AA expressed interest in the vacated slot. As a result of this allocation to WN, AA ends up in #1 spot on the waiting list for future allocation priority.
Last edited by LAXintl on Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WN732

Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:43 pm

LAXintl wrote:

Of the 4 carriers on the slot waiting list, only WN and AA expressed interest in the vacated slot. As a result of the allocation, AA ends up in #1 slot on the waiting list.

Wonder what they're going to add next.

MDGLongBeach

Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:47 pm

LAXintl wrote:

Of the 4 carriers on the slot waiting list, only WN and AA expressed interest in the vacated slot. As a result of this allocation to WN, AA ends up in #1 spot on the waiting list for future allocation priority.

AA expressed interest? do they want additional DFW freq?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos