Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

xwb777
Topic Author

Sir Tim Clark to step down

Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:49 pm

After serving Emirates, the largest airline by international numbers, Emirates President Sir Tim Clark will be retiring after 35 years. In a memo sent by Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Emirates Group Chairman, it has been confirmed that Sir Tim will be stepping down from his position from June 2020. Sir Tim Clark will then be appointed as an advisor for the airline.

Among the likely candidates for the airline president position are: Adel Al Redha, COO ; Adnan Kazim, CCO and Ghaith Al Ghaith, CEO of Flydubai.

Sir Tim Clark has joined Emirates in 1985 in the airline planning department and had became its president in 2003. prior to joining Emirates, Sir Tim was appointed in Gulf Air in the route planning department.

Link: https://www.khaleejtimes.com/business/a ... -step-down

abrelosojos

Re: Sir Tim Clark to step down

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:18 pm

... and you need energy to take EK to the next level. He served well, but no one should outstay their welcome.

Saludos,
Alex
Live, and let live.

TropicalSky

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Gonna be sad that he leaves,but all good things must come to end.....hope his replacement is equally as good--Article by Reuters
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-emir ... YS0YA?il=0

stefanJ

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:10 pm

He is retiring, not stepping down.

Revelation

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:36 pm

abrelosojos wrote:
... and you need energy to take EK to the next level. He served well, but no one should outstay their welcome.

What next level do you refer too?

STC and EK rode the front edge of the wave to grow from insignificance to a worldwide operation, but overshot the mark. Now they are stuck with a huge number of aging and dead-end aircraft and are having to reshape themselves on the fly to resize themselves to fit the smaller market left to them after over shooting the mark. His successor has an ugly task ahead of him of dealing with the over stretched DXB with no DWC on the horizon to save them, and a bunch of airline competitors and governments who know their play book, with none of the glory that STC enjoyed as the company grew.

stefanJ wrote:

Another argument over semantics looms?

When you retire, you do step down....

Who cares what words are used to describe it?

STC wil have a pleasant life spending the money he's earned regardless of what words we use to describe his "transition".
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

lightsaber

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:53 pm

STC did amazing work at EK. EK went from nothing, not even on anyone's radar before 2003 and made them a massive and profitable airline. One that subsidizes Dubai.

EK needs a new direction. STC started the process (A350, 787), but EK needs to work in an environment of smaller longer range aircraft. Work in an environment were there just isn't enough funds for DWC build out (no matter how much EK needs it).

Retire well STC.
Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

x1234

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:18 pm

He's grown EK and FlyDubai connecting DXB to every major city by population on the planet. They finally launched MEX. The only major cities in the US with considerable Indian subcontinent demand they don't fly to is ATL and PHL, both already launched by QR. I'm surprised EK mainline and not flyDubai is in HEL (only major Western European city they don't fly to). But HEL has lots of competition non-stop to Asia (AY-Finnair) and tech demand. Cheers to another 20+ years of change in aviation!

scbriml

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Revelation wrote:

Agreed, no argument from me! :wink2:

Now, if he'd resigned... :box:

Seriously, STC has done an amazing job. He joined Emirates in the year they were founded, when I think they were operating three gifted planes. Even the most diehard Emirates hater cannot fail to see the terrific job he's done.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

timh4000

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:33 pm

I personally do not feel they would force out STC. It isn't like the company is in financial ruin or chaos in the management department after 35 years, sitting on a pile of money and upon retirement will get more goodies and another p)ile of money. Personally the only thing I know about STC is that he has ran Emirates. I hadn't even known he had been there for 35 years. The company has grown success. Not that many that can say that.

Revelation

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:44 pm

scbriml wrote:
Seriously, STC has done an amazing job. He joined Emirates in the year they were founded, when I think they were operating three gifted planes. Even the most diehard Emirates hater cannot fail to see the terrific job he's done.

He has done an amazing job, but he had amazing advantages to work with, i.e. the person who owns the airline has his face on the money. It was a national imperative to grow the airline so STC did not have the same kinds of constraints that others in the industry have had. He gets praised for being a numbers oriented guy yet we now see he's overshot the mark and IMO is leaving his successor a big mess to clean up in the form of 120+ A380s who will need to be wound down as their resale value goes to scrap. You can also say he's played a role in spending billions of dollars just to get a cargo airport in the desert and had a role in "Emiratizing" the 77X.

I will say the industry will be a lot less interesting to follow without him in it, just like the industry became less interesting when John Leahy retired.

JetBuddy

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:50 pm

He's done impressive work. He'll forever be a legendary CEO in aviation history.

sk736

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:11 pm

stefanJ wrote:

It’s the same thing, obviously.

WPvsMW

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:21 pm

Curious as to his future residence... in a greener part of the world... with a lifetime F suite pass for commuting to DXB?

olle

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:58 pm

So someone get the work to switch more 777x into 787s :-)

The driver of this will be that both 787 and 350s with neo treatment will change the market position of EK the next 15 - 20 years.

Antarius

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:21 pm

sk736 wrote:
stefanJ wrote:

It’s the same thing, obviously.

Carries a different connotation though.
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

shankly

Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:44 pm

There are two things that have radically changed international air travel in my lifetime (born 1965):

1. The Boeing 747-400
2. Emirates, under the leadership of STC

I think history will place him in the same group as the likes of Juan Trippe, CR Smith, Herb Kelleher, Lord King, Michael O'Leary (no i'm not joking)
L1011 - P F M

Nicoeddf

Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Revelation wrote:
abrelosojos wrote:

What next level do you refer too?

STC and EK rode the front edge of the wave to grow from insignificance to a worldwide operation, but overshot the mark. Now they are stuck with a huge number of aging and dead-end aircraft and are having to reshape themselves on the fly to resize themselves to fit the smaller market left to them after over shooting the mark. His successor has an ugly task ahead of him of dealing with the over stretched DXB with no DWC on the horizon to save them, and a bunch of airline competitors and governments who know their play book, with none of the glory that STC enjoyed as the company grew.

stefanJ wrote:

Who cares what words are used to describe it?

STC wil have a pleasant life spending the money he's earned regardless of what words we use to describe his "transition".

What an excellent description of EKs state of affairs!
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god

smartplane

Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Revelation wrote:
scbriml wrote:

He has done an amazing job, but he had amazing advantages to work with, i.e. the person who owns the airline has his face on the money. It was a national imperative to grow the airline so STC did not have the same kinds of constraints that others in the industry have had. He gets praised for being a numbers oriented guy yet we now see he's overshot the mark and IMO is leaving his successor a big mess to clean up in the form of 120+ A380s who will need to be wound down as their resale value goes to scrap. You can also say he's played a role in spending billions of dollars just to get a cargo airport in the desert and had a role in "Emiratizing" the 77X.

I will say the industry will be a lot less interesting to follow without him in it, just like the industry became less interesting when John Leahy retired.

He had amazing resources, eventually, but also incredible barriers to overcome. Like, airports, service and support companies insisting on cash payments per flight, largely thanks to lobbying and threats by legacies to remove their business. And blocks to routes, booking systems, maintenance, parts, finance, even aircraft. Remember what the legacies did with Freddie Laker, then think double, treble for the fledgling EK.

Arion640

Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:55 pm

shankly wrote:
There are two things that have radically changed international air travel in my lifetime (born 1965):

1. The Boeing 747-400

I think history will place him in the same group as the likes of Juan Trippe, CR Smith, Herb Kelleher, Lord King, Michael O'Leary (no i'm not joking)

I’d replace the 747-400 with the 787-9.

Rossiya747

Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:57 pm

shankly wrote:

1. The Boeing 747-400

And the 787
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 CRJ2 E145 E190 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL

Strato2

Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:02 pm

Emirates biggest problems are ahead. They eventually need to replace the A380 but not with the 777X which is just another plane with all the bad sides of the A380 but none of the good. Now they are stuck with 120 of them coming (late) to the property.

marcelh

Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:16 pm

Revelation wrote:
....IMO is leaving his successor a big mess to clean up in the form of 120+ A380s who will need to be wound down as their resale value goes to scrap......

What mess? A significant part of those planes will fly for another decade. Whale-bashing won’t stop here ever.....

Galwayman

Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:36 pm

Give the job to Michael O’Leary and watch everyone in BA, Lufthansa , United, Delta and Aa pee their pants ....

frmrCapCadet

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:23 pm

EK blew away the competitors for several years. Those competitors have learned to compete. Clark's successor needs to adjust the business strategy. Just like WN, Microsoft, Walmart and others have had to do.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

einsteinboricua

Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:40 am

Revelation wrote:
stefanJ wrote:

I was gonna argue the same thing you did, but there IS a difference.

You can step down as president but not retire from the airline (which is akin to a voluntary demotion). You can't retire without stepping down from your duties though. So stefanJ is correct in pointing out that STC is retiring and not merely stepping down.

Of course, usually people step down BECAUSE they're retiring, but it's not necessarily always the case either.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

ElroyJetson

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:51 am

Strato2 wrote:
Emirates biggest problems are ahead. They eventually need to replace the A380 but not with the 777X which is just another plane with all the bad sides of the A380 but none of the good. Now they are stuck with 120 of them coming (late) to the property.

Wow....so a 777X is the same as an A380? Maybe you might want to rethink that. The 777X will be vastly superior to the A380 is terms of fuel burn, operating econmics, and cargo carrying capacity. It is not even close.

You can argue whether EK will need the capacity of the 777X in the current environment, but you cannot make a reasonable argument that the operating economics of the two aircraft are the same. They are not.
707 717 727 72S 737 733 737-700 747 757 753 767-300 764 A319 A320 DC-9-10 DC-9-30 DC-9-50, MD-82 MD-88 MD-90 DC-10-10 DC-10-40 F-100

oceanvikram

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:52 am

Rossiya747 wrote:
shankly wrote:

1. The Boeing 747-400

And the 787

Definitely the 747-400 radically changed air travel, because it made a huge impact for my home airline, Qantas. In my humble opinion the 787 is yet to be determined.

Sir Tim Clark copied and pasted Joseph Yuvaraj Pillay at Singapore Airlines. The only difference is that Sir Tim had a lot more resources to make Emirates a behemoth that it is today. I also believe that Singapore Airlines as a business is more sustainable than Emirates.

For me personally, Joseph Yuvaraj Pillay is in the same group of pioneers and visionaries as Juan Trippe, CR Smith, Herb Kelleher and Lord King. Michael O'Leary and Sir Tim Clark happened to be at the right place and at the right time to copy and slightly improve what was done by others.
My comments are based as an aviation enthusiast first, then as a passenger who paid for his own ticket, after that a passenger on a business trip and finally an armchair CEO.

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:00 am

Wasn't Christoph Mueller slated to replace STC at one stage? Whatever happened to Christoph Mueller?

edealinfo

Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:25 am

889091 wrote:
Wasn't Christoph Mueller slated to replace STC at one stage? Whatever happened to Christoph Mueller?

Excellent question

Scotron12

Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:44 am

edealinfo wrote:
889091 wrote:

Excellent question

According to WIKI...he resigned in February this year...no info as to what he is currently doing.

As to STC, love him or hate him, he has done an excellant job with EK. And yes, he does belong as one of the greats in aviation. He certainly put the A380 on the map, much like Juan Trippe with the 707 and 747 with Pan Am.

Ironically, PA in its day was like EK today. Was his successors that drove them to ruin!

Revelation

Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:43 pm

marcelh wrote:
A significant part of those planes will fly for another decade.

We shall see what happens when it comes time to put a significant percentage of those planes through major checks. We're already seeing some grounded just to save the cost of a landing gear rebuild, and costs will only go up once the production line stops.

einsteinboricua wrote:

You can step down as president but not retire from the airline (which is akin to a voluntary demotion). You can't retire without stepping down from your duties though. So stefanJ is correct in pointing out that STC is retiring and not merely stepping down.

Of course, usually people step down BECAUSE they're retiring, but it's not necessarily always the case either.

To add more fuel to the fire of pedantry, the Reuters link above says:

Emirates Chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum said on Tuesday in an internal memo to staff, reviewed by Reuters, that Clark would stay on as an adviser to the company.

So I guess we're left with semi-retired but also stepped down?

Scotron12 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
889091 wrote:

Excellent question

According to WIKI...he resigned in February this year...no info as to what he is currently doing.

As to STC, love him or hate him, he has done an excellant job with EK. And yes, he does belong as one of the greats in aviation. He certainly put the A380 on the map, much like Juan Trippe with the 707 and 747 with Pan Am.

Ironically, PA in its day was like EK today. Was his successors that drove them to ruin!

There's a reason why we usually wait till a person is dead a decade or two before we start naming schools and bridges for them.

I think we're already seeing his creation is not very sustainable, time will tell what we think of him a decade or two from now.

A decade or two from now, EK may seem as anachronistic as PA does today.

Rossiya747

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:10 pm

oceanvikram wrote:
Rossiya747 wrote:
shankly wrote:

1. The Boeing 747-400

And the 787

Definitely the 747-400 radically changed air travel, because it made a huge impact for my home airline, Qantas. In my humble opinion the 787 is yet to be determined.

Sir Tim Clark copied and pasted Joseph Yuvaraj Pillay at Singapore Airlines. The only difference is that Sir Tim had a lot more resources to make Emirates a behemoth that it is today. I also believe that Singapore Airlines as a business is more sustainable than Emirates.

For me personally, Joseph Yuvaraj Pillay is in the same group of pioneers and visionaries as Juan Trippe, CR Smith, Herb Kelleher and Lord King. Michael O'Leary and Sir Tim Clark happened to be at the right place and at the right time to copy and slightly improve what was done by others.

The 787 has helped Qantas open LHR-PER. I think Emirates needs the 787 because the 777-200LR, 777-300ER, as well as the A380 are too big for some destinations, like for example, SLC, TAO, PTY, NGO, as well as many others.
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 CRJ2 E145 E190 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL

FiscAutTecGarte

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:33 pm

olle wrote:
So someone get the work to switch more 777x into 787s :-)

I thought the same thing.
learning never stops...

FischAutoTechGarten is the full handle and it reflects my interest. It's abbreviated to fit A.net short usernames.

EK216

Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:53 am

Truly an end of an era for Emirates. Given the many odds against him, he still managed to transform EK to the clout heavy airline it is today in the aviation industry. I still think the A380 would not be what it is today without his vision for EK (despite the economics around it).

His successor has a tough job though! Better him than me ;)

marcelh

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:51 am

Revelation wrote:
marcelh wrote:

We shall see what happens when it comes time to put a significant percentage of those planes through major checks. We're already seeing some grounded just to save the cost of a landing gear rebuild, and costs will only go up once the production line stops.

EK will still add new A380 to their fleet in the next years. And they have enough routes to fill them without any problem. Not for a fleet of 100+, but IMHO, they can use 50 of them.

mjoelnir

Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Revelation wrote:
marcelh wrote:

Could you point to the frames grounded? AFAIK all are in use.

Revelation wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

To add more fuel to the fire of pedantry, the Reuters link above says:

Emirates Chairman Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum said on Tuesday in an internal memo to staff, reviewed by Reuters, that Clark would stay on as an adviser to the company.

So I guess we're left with semi-retired but also stepped down?

Tim Clark is 70. I think it is fair to call the move retiring in regards to being the CEO. He cuts down work because of age. There are some precedents of not letting a valuable employee disappear, though he lightens his work load. In a western company, he would have most likely moved to the board.

Noshow

Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:54 pm

The move away from supersized aircraft to midsized will be very difficult for EK and DXB. Less passengers, less connections and less hub function.

STC is quite a brilliant airline manager but they will need another genius type one to adopt to the future middle east region’s needs.

Revelation

Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:59 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
Could you point to the frames grounded?

I refer to https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/emi ... 86.article

Two A380s have been withdrawn from service at Dubai World Central (DWC) airport and will be used as a spares source for the operational fleet, says Clark.

“We are in the process of [starting A380 retirements]. Two have been deactivated. They are under retirement because we’ve got a major overhaul coming up and it’s best to take the old aircraft out – they’re all written down – and take the gear off them rather than buy a $25 million main landing gear. I need two, possibly three, to meet that [overhaul] requirement.”

lightsaber

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:05 pm

STC did an amazing job of making EK a powerhouse. For years EK was synonymous with profitable growth. At age 70, time to golf more! Or whatever his hobby is...

Revelation wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:

Two A380s have been withdrawn from service at Dubai World Central (DWC) airport and will be used as a spares source for the operational fleet, says Clark.

“We are in the process of [starting A380 retirements]. Two have been deactivated. They are under retirement because we’ve got a major overhaul coming up and it’s best to take the old aircraft out – they’re all written down – and take the gear off them rather than buy a $25 million main landing gear. I need two, possibly three, to meet that [overhaul] requirement.”

At $25 million (I assume per set), that is a lesson in economics of scale, or lack thereof. Let us not get emotional, airlines must be run for profit, in particular EK, as Dubai is very dependent on the profit to fund the Emirate.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

spacecookie

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:31 pm

STC did an amazing job no doubt.
But it is a lot easier to do a amazing job if you have a lot - a lot of cash and a new growing city like Dubai.

Wish them the best for the future (both STC and Emirates, and look forward to fly them again)

luv2cattlecall

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Revelation wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:

It sounds to me like they are using 2 frames are part donors so that they have a few sets of spare landing gear to rebuild and swap out with active frames.

Your original implication was that they are retiring frames in general when they are up for landing gear overhauls

cpd

Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:35 pm

marcelh wrote:
Revelation wrote:
marcelh wrote:

EK will still add new A380 to their fleet in the next years. And they have enough routes to fill them without any problem. Not for a fleet of 100+, but IMHO, they can use 50 of them.

Whenever I fly on one of their A380 aircraft they are usually pretty much full.

Sir Tim has done a decent job in a difficult industry.

Revelation

Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:48 pm

luv2cattlecall wrote:
It sounds to me like they are using 2 frames are part donors so that they have a few sets of spare landing gear to rebuild and swap out with active frames.

Your original implication was that they are retiring frames in general when they are up for landing gear overhauls

What I wrote was:

Revelation wrote:

I think we are seeing the beginning of a trend. Clearly if the grounded frames could be earning more money than they save by being parts donors they would be flying. Clearly once the production line stops parts costs will go up. The survivors may get a cost holiday by flying off the parts donors, but that will mean the parts producers will shut down even earlier than they would if there were fewer parts donors, so when the end comes it will be swift.

As for 77W, we still have airlines ordering new ones as recently as October, whereas we haven't had an order for A380 since 2016! Granted the 77Ws are discount end of run models but still the airlines are willing to invest in new models and the large installed base and continued production of both 77F and 77X will make for greater longevity, IMO.

smartplane

Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:10 pm

luv2cattlecall wrote:
Revelation wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:

And trying to extract a better deal from Goodrich for new units, as EK are aware they hold long-lead items for cancelled new build A380's, which would also allow production continuity after the last A380 is delivered.

mjoelnir

Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:49 pm

Revelation wrote:
luv2cattlecall wrote:

What I wrote was:

Revelation wrote:

I think we are seeing the beginning of a trend. Clearly if the grounded frames could be earning more money than they save by being parts donors they would be flying. Clearly once the production line stops parts costs will go up. The survivors may get a cost holiday by flying off the parts donors, but that will mean the parts producers will shut down even earlier than they would if there were fewer parts donors, so when the end comes it will be swift.

As for 77W, we still have airlines ordering new ones as recently as October, whereas we haven't had an order for A380 since 2016! Granted the 77Ws are discount end of run models but still the airlines are willing to invest in new models and the large installed base and continued production of both 77F and 77X will make for greater longevity, IMO.

I asked you to point to the grounded frames. AFAIK, there are no grounded A380 at Emirates as it is.

Revelation

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:23 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
I asked you to point to the grounded frames. AFAIK, there are no grounded A380 at Emirates as it is.

Then maybe in the future you should just say what you want to say instead of making demands of others.

MareBorealis

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:40 pm

x1234 wrote:
I'm surprised EK mainline and not flyDubai is in HEL (only major Western European city they don't fly to). But HEL has lots of competition non-stop to Asia (AY-Finnair) and tech demand.

FlyDubai serve HEL year around, the EK mailine is expected to stay out. AY serve DXB in winter, with A321ER/A350.

Qatar is doing well in HEL, they use A359 2x daily at the moment.

JustSomeDood

Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:14 am

spacecookie wrote:
But it is a lot easier to do a amazing job if you have a lot - a lot of cash and a new growing city like Dubai.

Wish them the best for the future (both STC and Emirates, and look forward to fly them again)

Without EK being such a dominant titan of an airline linking everywhere through DXB, I'd be very confident that Dubai doesn't have nearly as much global clout as a city today. So STC worked wonders for Dubai as a whole even beyond his direct effect on EK.

marcelh

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:49 am

JustSomeDood wrote:
spacecookie wrote:

Without EK being such a dominant titan of an airline linking everywhere through DXB, I'd be very confident that Dubai doesn't have nearly as much global clout as a city today. So STC worked wonders for Dubai as a whole even beyond his direct effect on EK.

This. EK has been essential for the development of Dubai. And the A380 is - and will be - their flying billboard.

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:59 am

Any ideas who will be the next President after STC retires?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos