Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
EIBPI
Topic Author
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Ryanair UK Boeing (Boeing 738) G-RUKA Stansted-Tarbes diverted to Pau this morning. After an hour or so on the ground, the aircraft operated Pau-Tarbes (a great circle distance of 40km) taking 11 minutes (11:39-11:50) and flying at a maximum altitude of 4500ft.

Although obviously an exceptional diversion situation, it is one of the shortest medium sized jet aircraft flights with passengers I am aware of.
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 9386
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:27 pm

EIBPI wrote:
Ryanair UK Boeing (Boeing 738) G-RUKA Stansted-Tarbes diverted to Pau this morning. After an hour or so on the ground, the aircraft operated Pau-Tarbes (a great circle distance of 40km) taking 11 minutes (11:39-11:50) and flying at a maximum altitude of 4500ft.

Although obviously an exceptional diversion situation, it is one of the shortest medium sized jet aircraft flights with passengers I am aware of.


Why is that unusual for a diversion? RVK is a diversion airport for KEF for example, great circle distance of 36 km.
 
holczakker
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Several close-by airports are serving as each other's alternate and such short hops after diversions are happening every day.
WAW/WMI, CPH/MMX, VIE/BTS, BCN/GRO, GLA/PIK, MAN/LPL, CLJ/TGM, IST/SAW, FCO/CIA, SXF/TXL, EIN/MST/NRN, MXP/LIN, DTM/PAD, KRK/KTW, IEV/KBP, TSF/VCE, CRL/BRU, CGN/DUS, any of the London or Moscow airports and countless others. The great circle distance is 50 km or less in most cases.
Last edited by holczakker on Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
EIBPI
Topic Author
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:01 pm

holczakker wrote:
Several close-by airports are serving as each other's alternate and such short hops after diversions are happening every day.
WAW/WMI, CPH/MMX, VIE/BTS, BCN/GRO, GLA/PIK, MAN/LPL, ARN/NYO, CLJ/TGM, IST/SAW, FCO/CIA, SXF/TXL, EIN/MST/NRN, MXP/LIN, DTM/PAD, KRK/KTW, IEV/KBP, TSF/VCE, CRL/BRU, CGN/DUS, any of the London or Moscow airports and countless others.


Most of those end up with 20+ minutes of flying time (airspace structure, more congested airports, etc.)

I haven’t seen that many 10-11 minute flights, but happy to be corrected.
 
Bhoy
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:32 pm

LX and before them SR used to fly BSL-ZRH, a great Circle distance of 49 miles.
I flew on it 6 times each way over the years (travelling on MD80, Saab 340, Embraer 145 and Avro RJ 100), and on about half the occasions I ran a stopwatch, it was well under 20 minutes air time - quickest I recorded was 17 minutes, with 3 or 4 at 18 and 19 minutes, and only one flight over 20 minutes at 21 minutes.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 880
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:10 pm

Bhoy wrote:
LX and before them SR used to fly BSL-ZRH, a great Circle distance of 49 miles.
I flew on it 6 times each way over the years (travelling on MD80, Saab 340, Embraer 145 and Avro RJ 100), and on about half the occasions I ran a stopwatch, it was well under 20 minutes air time - quickest I recorded was 17 minutes, with 3 or 4 at 18 and 19 minutes, and only one flight over 20 minutes at 21 minutes.

JFK-LGA repos are not uncommon, especially when the curfew is in effect. 10 miles, 17km.
 
EIBPI
Topic Author
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:13 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Bhoy wrote:
LX and before them SR used to fly BSL-ZRH, a great Circle distance of 49 miles.
I flew on it 6 times each way over the years (travelling on MD80, Saab 340, Embraer 145 and Avro RJ 100), and on about half the occasions I ran a stopwatch, it was well under 20 minutes air time - quickest I recorded was 17 minutes, with 3 or 4 at 18 and 19 minutes, and only one flight over 20 minutes at 21 minutes.

JFK-LGA repos are not uncommon, especially when the curfew is in effect. 10 miles, 17km.


What’s the flying time for JFK-LGA repositioning flight?
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 880
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:15 pm

EIBPI wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
Bhoy wrote:
LX and before them SR used to fly BSL-ZRH, a great Circle distance of 49 miles.
I flew on it 6 times each way over the years (travelling on MD80, Saab 340, Embraer 145 and Avro RJ 100), and on about half the occasions I ran a stopwatch, it was well under 20 minutes air time - quickest I recorded was 17 minutes, with 3 or 4 at 18 and 19 minutes, and only one flight over 20 minutes at 21 minutes.

JFK-LGA repos are not uncommon, especially when the curfew is in effect. 10 miles, 17km.


What’s the flying time for JFK-LGA repositioning flight?

The last couple on flight aware show 32 and 39 minutes.
 
HJM
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:21 pm

I think long time ago there used to be regular scheduled service between SFO and OAK.
 
BA777FO
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:23 pm

We can do SKB to ANU in under 20 minutes airborne on a favourable day in a 777. Similar airborne time to when we position 777s between LHR and LGW.
 
Galwayman
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:46 pm

HJM wrote:
I think long time ago there used to be regular scheduled service between SFO and OAK.


I’ve done SFO > Oak on a tiny metroliner aircraft , had a bizarre step in the aisle , one of the pilots did the safety briefing ,,, flight took minutes

I’ve also done a FR flight from one Milan airport to another one . They rerouted to drop off some mechanics for an aircraft problem , took about 30 mins for refuelling then had to do safety announcements again..,flight between Man airports took maybe 10 mins ,,,it was a Friday night and the U.K. passengers were a bit drunk - narky- rude ( in a way that U.K. passengers reserve just for FR but wouldn’t dream of adopting on a U.K. airline ) .. we arrive about ten mins late overall ...
 
Rossiya747
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:56 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:57 pm

In the NY area you have HPN, SWF, LGA, JFK, EWR, TEB, TTN, ACY, PHL, ALB, and ISP as diversionary airports. Sometimes airlines can use BOS, PIT, ABE, DCA, IAD, and BWI.
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 CRJ2 E145 E190 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2573
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:59 pm

Many moons ago I flew a Ciampino-Fiumicino leg on a Monarch 1-11 in about 8 minutes on a hot, sunny summer afternoon. Amazing views and Lots of tights turns! Fun.
 
Wallsendmag
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:19 pm

FUE and ACE ?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
EIBPI
Topic Author
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Wallsendmag wrote:
FUE and ACE ?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro


About 20 minutes in the air.
 
KFTG
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:52 pm

For a while, FedEx ran a daily 757 on IAD-DCA. Scheduled!
 
ThalesCoelho
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:02 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:11 pm

At one time Rio Sul (Varig's regional) flew schedule CGH-GRU with B737-300/500. Its about 28km of flight!
 
EIBPI
Topic Author
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:23 pm

ThalesCoelho wrote:
At one time Rio Sul (Varig's regional) flew schedule CGH-GRU with B737-300/500. Its about 28km of flight!


TAM repositioning flights between CGH and GRU seem to take between 19 and 35 minutes.
 
User avatar
Kaphias
Posts: 708
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:29 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:28 pm

AS WRG-PSG on a 737 usually takes around 10 minutes depending on runways used. And that's a scheduled flight...
 
Oilman
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:03 pm

How does a flight so short work with ATC clearances? Are they cleared for approach before departure?
 
A350belfast
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:59 pm

You can fly from Belfast to Isle of Man which is only 11 minutes
 
EIBPI
Topic Author
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:04 pm

A350belfast wrote:
You can fly from Belfast to Isle of Man which is only 11 minutes


The flight time is closer to 20 minutes reaching 15-17,000ft.
 
EIBPI
Topic Author
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Kaphias wrote:
AS WRG-PSG on a 737 usually takes around 10 minutes depending on runways used. And that's a scheduled flight...


Good find.
 
skipness1E
Posts: 4813
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:18 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:18 pm

The BA A318s have done LCY-LHR before, I think straight down the ILS off 27 rather than all the way monkeying around the holds.
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:19 pm

Galwayman wrote:
I’ve also done a FR flight from one Milan airport to another one . They rerouted to drop off some mechanics for an aircraft problem , took about 30 mins for refuelling then had to do safety announcements again..,flight between Man airports took maybe 10 mins ,,,it was a Friday night and the U.K. passengers were a bit drunk - narky- rude ( in a way that U.K. passengers reserve just for FR but wouldn’t dream of adopting on a U.K. airline ) .. we arrive about ten mins late overall ...

Off topic, but do UK pax really see Ryanair as an Irish airline?
How do other European's view Ryanair?

Yes, they have a harp on the tail - but some people associate the harp primarily with Wales.
Yes, it is similar to the Guinness logo - does that mean the airline is part of the Guinness group?
Yes, they carry Irish registrations - as have one or two other airlines totally unrelated to Eire (Alitalia, Transaero, Norwegian, Volotea, etc, etc).
Yes, there is an Irish flag next to the registration, but since the advent of jetways, neither are typically visible to a boarding passenger.

Do the crew greet you with a soft & welcoming Irish accent? More often it will be Latvian or some other dialect?

I can understand that you are naturally proud of Ryanair's contribution to the Irish economy, but are their origins clearly understood by the majority of their passengers?
Hell, I'm an avgeek, and I spent years believing the Irish registrations were simply a flag of convenience.

And don't forget, the travelling public are so stupid that they won't know if they're on a MAX either. :duck:
Nothing to see here; move along please.
 
IADCA
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:24 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:44 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
I’ve also done a FR flight from one Milan airport to another one . They rerouted to drop off some mechanics for an aircraft problem , took about 30 mins for refuelling then had to do safety announcements again..,flight between Man airports took maybe 10 mins ,,,it was a Friday night and the U.K. passengers were a bit drunk - narky- rude ( in a way that U.K. passengers reserve just for FR but wouldn’t dream of adopting on a U.K. airline ) .. we arrive about ten mins late overall ...

Off topic, but do UK pax really see Ryanair as an Irish airline?
How do other European's view Ryanair?

Yes, they have a harp on the tail - but some people associate the harp primarily with Wales.
Yes, it is similar to the Guinness logo - does that mean the airline is part of the Guinness group?
Yes, they carry Irish registrations - as have one or two other airlines totally unrelated to Eire (Alitalia, Transaero, Norwegian, Volotea, etc, etc).
Yes, there is an Irish flag next to the registration, but since the advent of jetways, neither are typically visible to a boarding passenger.

Do the crew greet you with a soft & welcoming Irish accent? More often it will be Latvian or some other dialect?

I can understand that you are naturally proud of Ryanair's contribution to the Irish economy, but are their origins clearly understood by the majority of their passengers?
Hell, I'm an avgeek, and I spent years believing the Irish registrations were simply a flag of convenience.

And don't forget, the travelling public are so stupid that they won't know if they're on a MAX either. :duck:


Grain of salt given my Yank accent, but when I lived in the UK, people were well aware that FR is Irish. Also, a jetway and Ryanair?

On topic, BW will occasionally run a 738 on POS-TAB if the ATRs are being their usual temperamental selves. I've never done it on the jet, but I've done it in 16 mins wheels up to wheels down in the ATR, so it'd be one of the shorter 738 flights you'd see in terms of time, even if the distance isn't especially short by the standards of this thread.
 
CWL757
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:51 pm

British Airways have flown a few 747/767s CWL-DGX which, if flown in a straight line would take a matter of seconds. There has also been a number of other aircraft that have done this including an Air Mauritius A343, China Eastern A332 and a Med View 763
A319, A320, 738, 743, 744, 752, 772, 788, C150, E175, E190, F70, R22
 
User avatar
kjeld0d
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:58 pm

EIBPI wrote:
to Pau


Pau Pyrénées Airport (French: Aéroport Pau Pyrénées) (IATA: PUF, ICAO: LFBP) is an airport serving Pau, France.

Not to be confused with: "T'Pau" --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwrYMWoqg5w
 
Draken21fx
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:38 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:09 pm

Once I was on a Ryanair flight which had a tech stop in Stansted and arrived to Luton around 45 mins late. We actually stayed on the plane and flew STN-LTN, pretty interesting.
 
User avatar
ro1960
Posts: 1284
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:36 am

EIBPI wrote:
Ryanair UK Boeing (Boeing 738) G-RUKA Stansted-Tarbes diverted to Pau this morning. After an hour or so on the ground, the aircraft operated Pau-Tarbes (a great circle distance of 40km) taking 11 minutes (11:39-11:50) and flying at a maximum altitude of 4500ft.

Although obviously an exceptional diversion situation, it is one of the shortest medium sized jet aircraft flights with passengers I am aware of.


Have a look at this thread :

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432627&start=50#p21721267

Several airlines operate regular triangular routes FIH-BZV with a 12-minute fight time between the two airports.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports
 
Max Q
Posts: 8421
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:29 am

I’ve done Houston to Houston in a 727

From Hobby to the Intercontinental airport non stop
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
cedarjet
Posts: 8804
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 1:12 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:11 am

FedEx had a 727 schedule, LGA-JFK. (Of course it was actually MEM-LGA-JFK.) I think because of vectoring it was usually around 30-40 minutes but still very interesting.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz
 
sevenair
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:38 am

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
I’ve also done a FR flight from one Milan airport to another one . They rerouted to drop off some mechanics for an aircraft problem , took about 30 mins for refuelling then had to do safety announcements again..,flight between Man airports took maybe 10 mins ,,,it was a Friday night and the U.K. passengers were a bit drunk - narky- rude ( in a way that U.K. passengers reserve just for FR but wouldn’t dream of adopting on a U.K. airline ) .. we arrive about ten mins late overall ...

Off topic, but do UK pax really see Ryanair as an Irish airline?
How do other European's view Ryanair?

Yes, they have a harp on the tail - but some people associate the harp primarily with Wales.
Yes, it is similar to the Guinness logo - does that mean the airline is part of the Guinness group?
Yes, they carry Irish registrations - as have one or two other airlines totally unrelated to Eire (Alitalia, Transaero, Norwegian, Volotea, etc, etc).
Yes, there is an Irish flag next to the registration, but since the advent of jetways, neither are typically visible to a boarding passenger.

Do the crew greet you with a soft & welcoming Irish accent? More often it will be Latvian or some other dialect?

I can understand that you are naturally proud of Ryanair's contribution to the Irish economy, but are their origins clearly understood by the majority of their passengers?
Hell, I'm an avgeek, and I spent years believing the Irish registrations were simply a flag of convenience.

And don't forget, the travelling public are so stupid that they won't know if they're on a MAX either. :duck:


The prerecorded announcements are all done in an Irish accent.

Their high profile CEO is often on TV whinging or gloating and has a strong accent.

Up until recently all planes had an Irish flag. Now most still sport the Irish flag.

They serve a full Irish breakfast onboard according to the menu.

I think a good proportion of people know they're Irish.
 
BBDFlyer
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:40 am

United had a regularly scheduled flight on a 737 between DEN-COS this past summer (it is usually done with a regional jet). If departing south and landing south, wheels up to touch down can be done in 12 minutes.
 
debonair
Posts: 3827
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:53 am

mjoelnir wrote:
Why is that unusual for a diversion?


Because it is Ryanair and Ryanair normally never done this "customer service" before. The FR procedure in the past, divert to an airport -best without Ryanair contracted staff- and kick off the passengers and fly straight back home, cancelling the original flight from the other airport and let's fight the passenger for refund.
 
opticalilyushin
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:26 am

Due to poor passenger loads this summer, Loganair combined their new Bournemouth-Jersey with their Guernsey service, so i got a 8 minute flight in an E145 rocketing out of GCI's short runway and straight into JER. I've also done a 13 minute flights on the Alaska milkrun (734 combi), in Venezuela (732), Denmark (MD87) and even a scheduled 3 minute flight in Kenya on a DHC7, taking off with flaps preset to landing config and gear staying down all through the flight
 
Fixinthe757
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Had an Evergreen 747 go from MOB to BFM one morning quite some time ago. 10 NM apart. Yeah bout a 5 min flight
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1643
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Some of Loganair's inter Orkney Islands flights last mere minutes. Westray to Papa Westray for example, takes about 90 seconds on average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westray_t ... ray_flight
 
User avatar
SheikhDjibouti
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:10 pm

sevenair wrote:
The prerecorded announcements are all done in an Irish accent.

Their high profile CEO is often on TV whinging or gloating and has a strong accent.
Fair enough.

They serve a full Irish breakfast onboard according to the menu.
What's that then? Two pieces of toast and a pint of Guinness? :duck:
Nothing to see here; move along please.
 
migair54
Posts: 2441
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Many EK flights divert to DWC or even SHJ in some situations, 24NM and 9NM, no schedule flights but pretty short for an A380 or a B777, also many ferry flights between both for maintenance and temporary storage.
 
User avatar
BasilFawlty
Posts: 933
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:23 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:40 pm

EIBPI wrote:
Although obviously an exceptional diversion situation, it is one of the shortest medium sized jet aircraft flights with passengers I am aware of.

Shorter route, larger aircraft, although without passengers: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... ute-flight
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'
 
sevenair
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:04 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
sevenair wrote:
The prerecorded announcements are all done in an Irish accent.

Their high profile CEO is often on TV whinging or gloating and has a strong accent.
Fair enough.

They serve a full Irish breakfast onboard according to the menu.
What's that then? Two pieces of toast and a pint of Guinness? :duck:


Potatoes I should imagine.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.
 
Max Q
Posts: 8421
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:31 pm

BBDFlyer wrote:
United had a regularly scheduled flight on a 737 between DEN-COS this past summer (it is usually done with a regional jet). If departing south and landing south, wheels up to touch down can be done in 12 minutes.



And this was once operated with a scheduled DC10
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
Wednesdayite
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Ryanair UK Boeing 737-800 11 minute PUF-LDE flight

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:13 pm

I flew Gibraltar - Tangier on a regularly scheduled 737.

Can’t remember the flying time, but it was short. 38 nm.
A318/19/20/21/30/40. B717/27/37/47/57/67/77/87. CRJ2/7. ERJ145/175/190. FKR50. IL62. MD11/82/83/88. TU154.
AA AC AF AI AR AS AT AV AZ BA BW BY CO DA DL F9 FR JJ KL LH MA NW NZ OS RG SU TK U2 UA US VS WN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos