Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DCA350
Topic Author

Plane crashes into house in Maryland

Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:30 pm

wjcandee

Re: Plane crashes into house in Maryland

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:15 pm

Actually, fatal and non-fatal accidents happen every day. Just depends on where they happen and who's onboard to determine if they get profile in the media.

This is a great resource to look at every few days: https://www.asias.faa.gov/apex/f?p=100:93:::NO:::

That said, there are always a few more around the holidays, just as there are auto accidents. Concentration of travel by folks who don't necessarily do it every day.
Last edited by wjcandee on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTCM

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:20 pm

It's time we start putting severe restrictions on GA and airports around populated areas. Way too many cowboys causing death, injury, and destruction for people on the ground.

wjcandee

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:22 pm

LTCM wrote:
It's time we start putting severe restrictions on GA and airports around populated areas. Way too many cowboys causing death, injury, and destruction for people on the ground.

It's time we start putting severe restrictions on automobiles in populated and unpopulated areas. Way too many cowboys causing death, injury and destruction for people in other cars and pedestrians.

By the way, why don't you go into ASIAS and show me, from real actual FAA data, the accidents that involve "cowboys". As compared to the 50,000-plus GA (incl air taxi) flights that occur in this country every single day. And those are just the ones that need to talk to a controller. Something like triple that occur without a controller.
Last edited by wjcandee on Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LTCM

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:23 pm

wjcandee wrote:
LTCM wrote:

It's time we start putting severe restrictions on automobiles in populated and unpopulated areas. Way too many cowboys causing death, injury and destruction for people in other cars and pedestrians.

That's not even remotely similar.

wjcandee

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:24 pm

LTCM wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
LTCM wrote:

Sure it is.

And I see a lot more deadly "cowboys" on the LI Expressway on a Friday night than you'd see all year in the skies.

UA947

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:26 pm

LTCM wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
LTCM wrote:

Just the idea is equally stupid.
I'm not going on a Boeing

wjcandee

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:28 pm

UA947 wrote:
LTCM wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Just the idea is equally stupid.

Exactly my point. Thank you for playing.

ParkFSI

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:32 pm

LTCM wrote:

That’s not fair, we don’t know what happened. But I bet the airport was there first.
Thread killer

dfwjim1

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:35 pm

wjcandee wrote:
Actually, fatal and non-fatal accidents happen every day. Just depends on where they happen and who's onboard to determine if they get profile in the media.

This is a great resource to look at every few days: https://www.asias.faa.gov/apex/f?p=100:93:::NO:::

That said, there are always a few more around the holidays, just as there are auto accidents. Concentration of travel by folks who don't necessarily do it every day.

Interesting website...I looked at a few days worth of information and most of the incidents involved landings.

airkas1

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:38 pm

FR24 shows N26455 (AA5) in the neighborhood (if I calculated the timezones etc. correctly). Not entirely sure if the wreckage in the photos is consistent with that type.
https://www.flightradar24.com/2019-12-2 ... 5/2359af0f

cschleic

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:44 pm

wjcandee wrote:
LTCM wrote:
wjcandee wrote:

Sure it is.

And I see a lot more deadly "cowboys" on the LI Expressway on a Friday night than you'd see all year in the skies.

I feel much safer flying in my small plane, even though I'm not a professional pilot, than on the interstate driving to the airport. That road has at least one wreck per week and I see "cowboy" drivers all the time.

KCaviator

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:55 pm

As someone that has flown GA myself, I’m saying this with some experience in this sector of aviation. There needs to be a complete reform on regulations and training pertaining to Part 91. There are far too many inexperienced and negligent operators out there that have a completely disregard for human life. Whether it’s through training, maintenance, regulation etc, something needs to be done to make Part 91 safer.

FlyHossD

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:05 pm

LTCM wrote:

Trolling much? Or just a fan of gross over reactions?
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

zuckie13

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Weather around here was wet all day, but not overly windy (under 10 knots and not gusty), so not horrible conditions, but obviously an IFR required day around here.

washingtonflyer

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:50 pm

Yah, weather was pretty dreary but not overly windy.

BatonOps

Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 am

LTCM wrote:

It’s time we put severe restrictions on the stupid comments people post on A.net

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos