Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 02, 2020 8:20 am

Bostrom wrote:
adambrau wrote:
Norwegian Bondholders voted no to restructuring. Gonna keep working through weekend. AGM is Monday and they have to get the creditors on board too. Not good but hope for a miracle.

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/he ... s-continue


According to Norwegian media it was close, so they will continue the talks over the weekend.


3 out of the 4 bond voted yes, but in the 4th and largest they got 62% out of the required 67% majority needed. A new bondholder meeting is scheduled for May 18th, so the offer will probably be slightly tweaked by then in order to get enough votes.

But also shareholders and the leasing companies must agree here
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 am

Blerg wrote:
So the bondholders are those who have to provide the necessary funds for the airline or will they provide guarantees for a new loan?


The bond holders are having to change a majority of their loans to Norwegian into share capital. This is part of increasing their equity, in order to get the bank guaranty fro the government, so that they can get new loans
 
Blerg
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 02, 2020 8:28 am

So what happens if no deal is struck on May 18th? How much longer can DY last without money?
 
jamesontheroad
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:52 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 02, 2020 9:01 am

The announcement is a few days old, but not mentioned yet.

SAS are ceasing commercial service to Kiruna. The municipality is now looking to secure essential air service in the 40-seat segment.

This leaves ARN-UME and ARN-LLA as the only remaining SAS routes in Sweden.

Source: https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/sas-staller-in-kirunaflyg-kommunen-bekostar-en-veckas-trafik
 
minilinde
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 02, 2020 9:32 am

jamesontheroad wrote:
The announcement is a few days old, but not mentioned yet.

SAS are ceasing commercial service to Kiruna. The municipality is now looking to secure essential air service in the 40-seat segment.

This leaves ARN-UME and ARN-LLA as the only remaining SAS routes in Sweden.

Source: https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/sas-staller-in-kirunaflyg-kommunen-bekostar-en-veckas-trafik


Not at all what the article says. It says SAS wants to stop flying as Kiruna is no longer commercial viable. To buy time the municipality has bough 40 seats per flight for the coming week, at a cost of 180.000 SEK. And they are now working during the weekend, with companies in Kiruna, to secure a more long term solution.

Sum up, SAS will continue at least another week, on the Kiruna route.
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A359, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B735, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, C550, CRJ2, CRJ9, DH4D, F50, ERJ190, MD80s/90, RJ100
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 02, 2020 9:41 am

With almost 250,000 pax per year on the Kiruna-Stockholm route, I am surprised the route cannot self sustain in normal times
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 02, 2020 9:56 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
With almost 250,000 pax per year on the Kiruna-Stockholm route, I am surprised the route cannot self sustain in normal times


It is Corona-related, had the marked been normal, they would have continue to fly. The issue now is that the loads are too low operating commercially viably
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 03, 2020 4:53 am

Blerg wrote:
So what happens if no deal is struck on May 18th? How much longer can DY last without money?


Then there is probably bankruptcy next. From my understanding based on their own communication, they will run out of money around that date as well
 
jamesontheroad
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:52 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 03, 2020 12:39 pm

This will probably be a familiar question to regulars on this forum, but what is the nature of the Smartwings flight from Luleå to Kabul and Mazar Shariftomorrow, 2020/5/4? Is it a military of humanitarian charter?
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 03, 2020 12:46 pm

jamesontheroad wrote:
This will probably be a familiar question to regulars on this forum, but what is the nature of the Smartwings flight from Luleå to Kabul and Mazar Shariftomorrow, 2020/5/4? Is it a military of humanitarian charter?

Most likely a military flight, like the one they operate between Tampere-Copenhagen-Tbilisi-Kabul-Mazar-e Sharif
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 03, 2020 1:48 pm

Norwegian media just announced that Norwegian now has made an agreement with all the four bonds, regarding debt to equity conversion
 
Blerg
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Norwegian media just announced that Norwegian now has made an agreement with all the four bonds, regarding debt to equity conversion


So it means all but 7 planes will be grounded until 2021?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Blerg wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Norwegian media just announced that Norwegian now has made an agreement with all the four bonds, regarding debt to equity conversion


So it means all but 7 planes will be grounded until 2021?


That depends on the market demand. They have used a slow growth/start scenario as the base case for their business case, meaning all traffic except some limited domestic operation is operating untill Q1 2021. If demand is there earlier, they can ramp up the operations faster. SAS main scenario is not that much different....
 
jamesontheroad
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:52 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 04, 2020 3:54 am

minilinde wrote:
Not at all what the article says. It says SAS wants to stop flying as Kiruna is no longer commercial viable.


Sorry - seems my Swedish still has some way to go. :sorry:

SASViking wrote:
Most likely a military flight, like the one they operate between Tampere-Copenhagen-Tbilisi-Kabul-Mazar-e Sharif


Thanks :checkmark:
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 04, 2020 4:54 am

Norwegian has more or less reached an agreement with the leasing companies, saying they have received «strong support» for their proposed [leasing] debt to equity proposal
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 04, 2020 8:00 am

And just now, Norwegian's shareholder have voted yes for their proposed restructuring and refinancing plan
 
Oykie
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 04, 2020 11:58 am

Someone83 wrote:
And just now, Norwegian's shareholder have voted yes for their proposed restructuring and refinancing plan


I am very relieved that Norwegian seems to survive and that we can continue to enjoy their excellent operation in the future.
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Some small signs of growth from the low "corona-levels": Widerøe is increasing BGO-ABZ from 6x weekly to 11x weekly (2x daily on weekdays + 1x Sundays) from next Monday, and SVG-ABZ is scheduled to restart June 1 with 5x weekly. At the same time BGO-SVG is scheduled to increase from 2c daily to 5x daily
 
Oykie
Posts: 1962
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Some small signs of growth from the low "corona-levels": Widerøe is increasing BGO-ABZ from 6x weekly to 11x weekly (2x daily on weekdays + 1x Sundays) from next Monday, and SVG-ABZ is scheduled to restart June 1 with 5x weekly. At the same time BGO-SVG is scheduled to increase from 2c daily to 5x daily


I am glad we are finally seeing some increase. Anyone know how SAS, Norwegian and WF will implement the guidelines from FHI? Will they load airplanes from back row, and keep social distancing while boarding?
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Fri May 08, 2020 9:49 pm

It seems the rescue flights are not over yet. Finnair just operated an A350 flight collecting people from Tenerife and Gran Canaria. Flight AY7095, routing TFS-LPA-HEL. The short hop TFS-LPA took 21 minutes for an A350.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ay7095
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Fri May 08, 2020 11:08 pm

Sounds more like some Finns have spent the whole winter in the Canaries (eg they own appartments in Tenerife) and only return to Finland once the weather improves. Perhaps not people who needed to be rescued to get home...
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 09, 2020 1:17 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Sounds more like some Finns have spent the whole winter in the Canaries (eg they own appartments in Tenerife) and only return to Finland once the weather improves. Perhaps not people who needed to be rescued to get home...


Yeah the passengers were mostly likely winter birds you described. It looks they have had problems finding flights back to north so they have contacted the Finnish authorities. The flight was organized by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, they call these flights "the supported repatriation flights".

https://um.fi/news/-/asset_publisher/GR ... utuslennot

The list of the repatriation flights to HEL arrenged by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, operated by Finnair and bookable on their website. The flights have been available also to returning citizens of other Nordic countries and EU Member States:

March 27 Pafos, Cyprus
March 27 Faro, Portugal
March 27 Funchal, Portugal (Madeira)
March 31 Havana, Cuba

April 1 Goa, India
April 2 Delhi, India
April 7 Dubai, Arab Emirates
April 14 Malaga, Spain
April 14 Alicante, Spain
April 17 Malaga, Spain
April 17 Bangkok, Thailand
April 18 Delhi, India
April 29 Antalya, Turkey

May 5 Malaga, Spain
May 7 Alicante, Spain
May 8 Tenerife/Las Palmas, Spain
 
Blerg
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 09, 2020 5:37 am

Air Serbia will not be operating BEG-HEL once normal flying resumes on 01.06.
 
axelesgg
Posts: 208
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 09, 2020 6:15 am

jamesontheroad wrote:
The announcement is a few days old, but not mentioned yet.

SAS are ceasing commercial service to Kiruna. The municipality is now looking to secure essential air service in the 40-seat segment.

This leaves ARN-UME and ARN-LLA as the only remaining SAS routes in Sweden.

Source: https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/sas-staller-in-kirunaflyg-kommunen-bekostar-en-veckas-trafik


Since 4 May SAS also flies to Gothenburg from Arlanda.
Fly Draganair
 
Blerg
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 09, 2020 7:25 am

Croatia Airlines will not be resuming flights from Zagreb to Oslo, Stockholm and Helsinki this summer. Seems like they will only keep Copenhagen.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2020/05/cr ... ummer.html
 
Bostrom
Posts: 977
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Tue May 12, 2020 1:17 pm

Traffic statistics for April:

ARN:
International: 33,572 (-98%)
Domestic: 12,777 (-97%)
Total: 46,349 (-98%)

CPH:
Total: 25,936 (-99%)

HEL:
International: 18,498 (-98.8%)
Domestic: 2,502 (-99.0%)
Total: 21,000 (-98.8%)
 
minilinde
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Tue May 12, 2020 1:38 pm

SAS are flying 6 roundtrips on ARN-LHR:
EXTRA FLIGHTS
We will be operating a number of limited relief flights between Stockholm and London/Heathrow once daily between Friday May 15th and Wednesday 20th, both days included.

Flight numbers are SK531 and SK532 and will be operated by an Airbus A320NEO.

SK531 departs Stockholm at 11:15, arrival at London/Heathrow 12:55 (local times)

SK532 departs London/Heathrow at 13:55, arrival at Stockholm 17:25 (local times)
Source: https://www.sas.se/trafikinformation/meddelande/
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A359, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B735, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, C550, CRJ2, CRJ9, DH4D, F50, ERJ190, MD80s/90, RJ100
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Tue May 12, 2020 1:58 pm

OSL April

Domestic: 101.353 (- 88,9%)
International: 19.131 (- 98,6%)
Total: 120.530 (- 94,6%)
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 11:34 am

Air Leap to end the Jönköping-Arlanda route. They will however open routes from both Kalmar and Ronneby to Bromma
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 4:07 pm

AY will restart some of European and Asian destinations during the summer.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 977
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 5:34 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Air Leap to end the Jönköping-Arlanda route. They will however open routes from both Kalmar and Ronneby to Bromma


Also the Karlstad-Arlanda route. Which will leave both Jönköping and Karlstad without any scheduled routes.
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 865
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 6:06 pm

Are Jönköping or Karlstad airports self-financing or do they rely on financial support from local Govt ? If they need money from Govt, it would be more difficult for politicians to justify spending tax money on an airport whose sole passenger routes are people going to a Greek island (or somewhere else in the Mediterranean) for a week on the beach.
Then again if airports like Borlänge, Örebro and Norrköping can continue to remain open for passenger ops...

Clearly airports like those in the far north will remain PSO subsidised as PSO lifelines, but does anyone have any thoughts as to whether some of the smaller airports in the southern half of Sweden, beyond just Västerås, might end up closing the passenger terminal and relying on just cargo + general aviation ?
 
marcogr12
Posts: 432
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 6:31 pm

I am confused about Norwegian's ops..They are supposed to focus on intra scandic routes with their 7 737 but i still see routes out of LGW or CPH,HEL,ARN to Greek islands, KRK,Sicily etc..So what gives? Will these routes be cancelled? Why are they still selling tickets?
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 pm

ilari wrote:
AY will restart some of European and Asian destinations during the summer.


https://company.finnair.com/en/media/al ... id=3669715

Finnair's planned long haul program:

From July: PEK HKG PVG NRT KIX NGO SIN ICN BKK
August: JFK DEL
November: HND

Winter holiday season: MIA HKT KBV
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 7:24 pm

MareBorealis wrote:
ilari wrote:
AY will restart some of European and Asian destinations during the summer.


https://company.finnair.com/en/media/al ... id=3669715

Finnair's planned long haul program:

From July: PEK HKG PVG NRT KIX NGO SIN ICN BKK
August: JFK DEL
November: HND

Winter holiday season: MIA HKT KBV

At this point, the following routes are not expected to resume before March 31, 2021: PUS, CTS, FUK, SFO, LAX, ORD, NKG, PKX, XIY and CAN.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
VSMUT
Posts: 4483
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 pm

marcogr12 wrote:
I am confused about Norwegian's ops..They are supposed to focus on intra scandic routes with their 7 737 but i still see routes out of LGW or CPH,HEL,ARN to Greek islands, KRK,Sicily etc..So what gives? Will these routes be cancelled? Why are they still selling tickets?


They probably have a cutoff point at some point. These flights are already scheduled and many will have tickets sold on them. Might as well try to sell the remaining seats.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 977
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Are Jönköping or Karlstad airports self-financing or do they rely on financial support from local Govt ? If they need money from Govt, it would be more difficult for politicians to justify spending tax money on an airport whose sole passenger routes are people going to a Greek island (or somewhere else in the Mediterranean) for a week on the beach.
Then again if airports like Borlänge, Örebro and Norrköping can continue to remain open for passenger ops...

Clearly airports like those in the far north will remain PSO subsidised as PSO lifelines, but does anyone have any thoughts as to whether some of the smaller airports in the southern half of Sweden, beyond just Västerås, might end up closing the passenger terminal and relying on just cargo + general aviation ?


Jönköping airport has been subsidised by the town since it took over the airport in 2010. Not sure about Karlstad, but I don't think is has been too profitable. And the future of the airports will probably be debated. But neither Borlänge, Örebro or Norrköping are doing that well. They are only used by charter flights, no scheduled regular flights. Örebro sees a bit of cargo and military traffic though.

Apart from Västerås which will close in 2022 if I'm not mistaken, the future of Ängelholm has been questioned. It is the only private major airport in Sweden and it is currently bleeding a lot of money.
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Good news, BT will start resuming flights. HEL is one of the first, from May 25 onwards.
 
minilinde
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 5:44 pm

More good news, SK will continue to operate ARN-LHR (SK531/532) daily. The flights have been operated since Friday (15MAY).
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A359, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B735, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, C550, CRJ2, CRJ9, DH4D, F50, ERJ190, MD80s/90, RJ100
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12974
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Wed May 20, 2020 8:47 am

Oykie wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
And just now, Norwegian's shareholder have voted yes for their proposed restructuring and refinancing plan


I am very relieved that Norwegian seems to survive and that we can continue to enjoy their excellent operation in the future.


I'm not they are a bloody horrible airline that continually lose my luggage!
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 12974
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Wed May 20, 2020 8:52 am

Oykie wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Some small signs of growth from the low "corona-levels": Widerøe is increasing BGO-ABZ from 6x weekly to 11x weekly (2x daily on weekdays + 1x Sundays) from next Monday, and SVG-ABZ is scheduled to restart June 1 with 5x weekly. At the same time BGO-SVG is scheduled to increase from 2c daily to 5x daily


I am glad we are finally seeing some increase. Anyone know how SAS, Norwegian and WF will implement the guidelines from FHI? Will they load airplanes from back row, and keep social distancing while boarding?


I had 4 flights last week, it was a real mixed bag.

MOL - OSL about 20 pax sitting all over the plane.
OSL - SVG about 20 pax all sitting in the first 10 rows, nobody down the back
SVG - OSL about 50 pax sitting all over the plane
OSL - MOL as full as they could fill it with the centre seat blocked in each row.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Fri May 22, 2020 9:32 am

Etihad will has flown 1x weekly AUH-OSL with a 787-10 "passenger freighter" sine the start of May, will increase their route to 2x weekly from June
 
Bostrom
Posts: 977
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Amapola wants to increase its PSO-route from ARN to Lycksele and Vilhelmina from four weekly flights to six weekly starting in June.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 24, 2020 11:29 am

Finnair 01JUL20 – 30MAR21 long-haul operations as of May 2020

So, I compiled a list of Finnair's long-haul operations from 1 July 2020 until the end of March 2021. AY resumes the routes with selected number of weekly frequencies but gradually increases them towards the W20 season. However, this is pretty much the "core". Each route will be flown with A350-900, which I'm really glad about!

Helsinki – Bangkok
eff 01JUL20 3 weekly
eff 05OCT20 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Beijing Capital
eff 03JUL20 2 weekly
eff 05OCT20 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Delhi
eff 05AUG20 3 weekly
eff 30NOV20 5 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Hong Kong
eff 01JUL20 3 weekly
eff 05OCT20 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Krabi eff 07DEC20 1 weekly, A350-900XWB operating
Helsinki – Miami eff 26OCT20 2 weekly, A350-900XWB operating
Helsinki – Nagoya Centrair
eff 01JUL20 3 weekly
31AUG20 – 25OCT20 4 weekly
eff 28OCT20 3 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – New York JFK
eff 02AUG20 3 weekly
eff 05OCT20 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Osaka Kansai
eff 02JUL20 2 weekly
eff 05OCT20 5 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Phuket eff 05DEC20 1 weekly A350-900XWB
Helsinki – Seoul Incheon
eff 03JUL20 2 weekly
eff 19OCT20 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Shanghai Pudong
eff 01JUL20 3 weekly
eff 01SEP20 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Singapore
eff 02JUL20 3 weekly
eff 26OCT20 7 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Helsinki – Tokyo Haneda eff 25OCT20 7 weekly A350-900XWB
Helsinki – Tokyo Narita
eff 01JUL20 7 weekly
eff 26OCT20 3 weekly, A350-900XWB operating

Canceled until 31MAR2021:
Helsinki – Beijing Daxing
Helsinki – Busan
Helsinki – Chicago O'Hare
Helsinki – Guangzhou
Helsinki – Fukuoka
Helsinki – Los Angeles
Helsinki – Nanjing
Helsinki – San Francisco
Helsinki – Sapporo Chitose
Helsinki – Xi'an

This list is NOT from Routesonline but uses the same style as you probably recognize ;)

How about SK?
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
patrickw421
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 24, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm not so sure about AY getting approval to fly 3 weekly Shanghai and 3 weekly Beijing from July, given the current rules imposed by Chinese authorities is only one route, one weekly for each airline from a country and doesn't seem to be easing soon
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 24, 2020 2:24 pm

patrickw421 wrote:
I'm not so sure about AY getting approval to fly 3 weekly Shanghai and 3 weekly Beijing from July, given the current rules imposed by Chinese authorities is only one route, one weekly for each airline from a country and doesn't seem to be easing soon

I forgot to mention, but yes, frequencies on Chinese routes are subject to government approval.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 24, 2020 3:59 pm

I wonder what happens to AY's 330 fleet, early retirement perhaps? And the announced wide body Premium Economy class, hopefully that's still happening.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Sun May 24, 2020 4:23 pm

MareBorealis wrote:
I wonder what happens to AY's 330 fleet, early retirement perhaps? And the announced wide body Premium Economy class, hopefully that's still happening.

Early retirement is indeed possible if not even likely in the current circumstances. Premium Economy is coming but may be first introduced on A350 instead of A330.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 25, 2020 12:57 pm

SAS will restart CPH-AAR from 02 June with up to two daily flights.
From the same date, SAS will also increase flights on CPH-AAL from two to three daily flights
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Someone83
Posts: 4864
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2020

Mon May 25, 2020 1:29 pm

SASViking wrote:
SAS will restart CPH-AAR from 02 June with up to two daily flights.
From the same date, SAS will also increase flights on CPH-AAL from two to three daily flights


Looks like the two to AAR is with ATR-72, while AAL is 1x ATR and 2x CRJ-900

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos