Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

UALFAson

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:29 pm

Ishrion wrote:
AA celebrates 700 daily departures from CLT

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

The celebration started early but then spent 20 minutes waiting for a gate, just like all of their CLT flights do.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

Nicknuzzii

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:37 pm

What is the plan for the A333s to start getting retired and then eventually completely phased out?

brooklynchris13

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
What is the plan for the A333s to start getting retired and then eventually completely phased out?

There have been some conflicting signals between Fleet Plans, rumors, media reports etc. The number of 788 & 789 on order (40+) would match nicely the number of remaining 763 (16); A332(15), A333(9) and permit either modest growth or replacement of some early 772s.

Originally, this 788/789 Order was stated to be for A333, 763, and 772(some) replacement but that was before the max issues, the order of the 321XLR and the Seattle news.

All that to say, I have a feeling this entire issue is in a state of flux right now and would expect the future fleet plans concerning both WB and NB to come into focus later this year when the MAX deliveries resume and other related issues are resolved.
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (mg)

JohanTally

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:58 pm

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

There have been some conflicting signals between Fleet Plans, rumors, media reports etc. The number of 788 & 789 on order (40+) would match nicely the number of remaining 763 (16); A332(15), A333(9) and permit either modest growth or replacement of some early 772s.

Originally, this 788/789 Order was stated to be for A333, 763, and 772(some) replacement but that was before the max issues, the order of the 321XLR and the Seattle news.

All that to say, I have a feeling this entire issue is in a state of flux right now and would expect the future fleet plans concerning both WB and NB to come into focus later this year when the MAX deliveries resume and other related issues are resolved.

Average age of the AA 332 fleet is just a shade over 8 years so I would hope they aren't on the chopping block. Even 4 years from now when I assume all the 789s would have been delivered the oldest 332 would be less than 15 years old. Maybe they could find a buyer for them but I realize the smaller A330s have fallen out of popularity.

PacoMartin

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:54 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:

AA Press Release Friday, April 06, 2018 wrote:
FORT WORTH, Texas – American Airlines today announced an order for 47 new Boeing 787 widebody aircraft consisting of 22 787-8s scheduled to begin arriving in 2020 and 25 787-9s scheduled to begin arriving in 2023. The 787-8s will replace American’s Boeing 767-300s, while later 787-9 deliveries will replace Airbus A330-300s and older 777-200 widebody aircraft. The entire order of new 787s will be powered with General Electric’s GEnx-1B engines.

The implication is that the A333 would be retired sometime during the delivery scheduled of the B789s.

So that is the plan, but clearly the MAX schedule may throw off the plan. American may use extend the life of widebodies to fly short heavily traveled routes like DFW-CTL (936 miles) in order to free up a large number of narrowbody jets for other use.

maps4ltd

Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:54 am

Anyone know why N727AN has been sitting in Tulsa for two months?
Delta Gold Medallion

anymaninfc

Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:43 pm

maps4ltd wrote:

Per JonNYC, it has been getting a heavy maintenance check.

Ishrion

Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 pm

More domestic widebody flights:

Chicago O’Hare (ORD) – Las Vegas: Daily on a 787-8 from March 5-March 27
Chicago – San Francisco: Daily on a 787-8 from March 28-April 24
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) – Las Vegas: Up to twice daily on 777-200s and 787-8s from March 5-May 6

https://thepointsguy.com/news/where-us- ... spensions/

chepos

Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 pm

Ishrion wrote:
More domestic widebody flights:

Chicago O’Hare (ORD) – Las Vegas: Daily on a 787-8 from March 5-March 27
Chicago – San Francisco: Daily on a 787-8 from March 28-April 24
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) – Las Vegas: Up to twice daily on 777-200s and 787-8s from March 5-May 6

https://thepointsguy.com/news/where-us- ... spensions/

I believe JFK-LAX js also seeing a 77W (or 77E). As well as MIA-LAX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

chepos

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:17 am

Per routes online PHL-MAN appears to be getting the 330 for about a month.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/

Fly the Flag!!!!

bigb

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:47 am

brooklynchris13 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

763s will be gone by the end of this year along with the E190s. The A330 will be next to get phased out. AA is trying to simplify the fleet going with A320s, 737s, 787s, and 777 long term. The max has thrown a wrench in the plans but it hasn’t stopped AA from moving forward with the execution of their fleet plans hence the MD80, E190s getting phased out on track regardless of the Max issues.

anymaninfc

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:19 am

anymaninfc wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

Per JonNYC, it has been getting a heavy maintenance check.

Per JonNYC, and FlightAware, N727AN flew a test flight today, should return to service soon.

Detroit313

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:55 am

Is that 321T that had its wing damaged at JFK flying yet?

sargester

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:21 am

Detroit313 wrote:

Nope, saw it the other day, they are deciding to scrap it or call the airbus heavy MX guys in to fix the wing

PhilMcCrackin

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:32 am

Detroit313 wrote:

Was it going to be repaired? Last I heard, Airbus wanted to write it off while AA was refusing.

UpNAWAy

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:45 am

So with the new found out of the box route partnerships and planning by Vasu Raja whats the next completely out of left field for AA? Not the usual route holes but like the recent news most of us would never have speculated on SEA-BLR? Anyone have some creative WAGs?

cathay747

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:20 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
So with the new found out of the box route partnerships and planning by Vasu Raja whats the next completely out of left field for AA? Not the usual route holes but like the recent news most of us would never have speculated on SEA-BLR? Anyone have some creative WAGs?

Who knows? My crystal ball is at the dry-cleaners. Let's please not start a huge, long-running number of posts with pointless speculation/wishful thinking/guesses. Come on guys.
Try a Little VC-10derness

UpNAWAy

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm

Why not? Most of this entire board is about airline business speculation in one way or another. You got something more important to do or just being an internet tough guy?

Varsity1

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:41 pm

The speculation is fun. It's why most of us are here I think.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

UpNAWAy

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:45 pm

My question is legit. If he doesn't like it he should just ignore it or add something constructive.

chepos

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:12 pm

This thread is mostly about speculation, heck this website is based mostly on speculation.

Fly the Flag!!!!

cathay747

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:43 pm

OK, OK...I stand reproached, and no I'm not a tough guy on the internet or otherwise. My point, maybe not worded very well, is that these forums are littered with "speculation" that in many cases is just ridiculous, which then turns into endless back-and-forth arguments which leads one to think that there ARE people with nothing better to do. Then, in order to really get to any "meat" you have to scroll thru all that. We've all seen this. I'm just asking (and I did it nicely, I wasn't nasty) for some sanity to prevail, that's all. Speculation on what more AA may do at SEA (especially internationally) given the recent bombshell announcement? Absolutely. Same with the possibilities with AA/QR now that they've buried the hatchet. I'm just hoping to NOT see stuff like "I think AA should start SEA-Vladivostok and create a JV with S7". That's my point.

bigb

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:16 pm

cathay747 wrote:
OK, OK...I stand reproached, and no I'm not a tough guy on the internet or otherwise. My point, maybe not worded very well, is that these forums are littered with "speculation" that in many cases is just ridiculous, which then turns into endless back-and-forth arguments which leads one to think that there ARE people with nothing better to do. Then, in order to really get to any "meat" you have to scroll thru all that. We've all seen this. I'm just asking (and I did it nicely, I wasn't nasty) for some sanity to prevail, that's all. Speculation on what more AA may do at SEA (especially internationally) given the recent bombshell announcement? Absolutely. Same with the possibilities with AA/QR now that they've buried the hatchet. I'm just hoping to NOT see stuff like "I think AA should start SEA-Vladivostok and create a JV with S7". That's my point.

I think is this a fair and reasonable request to be honest. I wish for the same as well.

FSDan

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:27 pm

bigb wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I think is this a fair and reasonable request to be honest. I wish for the same as well.

Agreed!

In the vein of being reasonable, and responding to the prompt about further "surprising" route announcements, here are some routes that seem plausible in the next 2-3 years based on commentary we have from AA (further expansion from SEA, deepened relationship with QR, desire to expand more in Africa):

SEA-SIN: seems like there could be a good chance of this happening, but only if AA can convince AS to drop their relationship with SQ
SEA-BNE: seems possible under the AA-QF JV, not sure if a 788 would be able to make it or if it would need to be a -9
SEA/DFW/ORD/PHL/JFK-DOH: all mentioned as possibilities by Vasu himself, but probably no more than one of these would be served - likelihood of SEA would improve if AS cut ties with EK, but that still might compete with AA's own forthcoming SEA-BLR too much... JFK probably has the most O&D, but already has 2x daily QR flights... DFW, ORD, PHL all have great connectivity, but lower O&D and already have QR flights... AA can't ask QR to drop anything since they won't have a JV...
MIA/JFK-CPT/JNB: connectivity in South Africa with Comair (BA), limited nonstop competition (particularly if SA can't turn itself around)
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

cathay747

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:02 pm

FSDan wrote:
bigb wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

Agreed!

In the vein of being reasonable, and responding to the prompt about further "surprising" route announcements, here are some routes that seem plausible in the next 2-3 years based on commentary we have from AA (further expansion from SEA, deepened relationship with QR, desire to expand more in Africa):

SEA-SIN: seems like there could be a good chance of this happening, but only if AA can convince AS to drop their relationship with SQ
SEA-BNE: seems possible under the AA-QF JV, not sure if a 788 would be able to make it or if it would need to be a -9
SEA/DFW/ORD/PHL/JFK-DOH: all mentioned as possibilities by Vasu himself, but probably no more than one of these would be served - likelihood of SEA would improve if AS cut ties with EK, but that still might compete with AA's own forthcoming SEA-BLR too much... JFK probably has the most O&D, but already has 2x daily QR flights... DFW, ORD, PHL all have great connectivity, but lower O&D and already have QR flights... AA can't ask QR to drop anything since they won't have a JV...
MIA/JFK-CPT/JNB: connectivity in South Africa with Comair (BA), limited nonstop competition (particularly if SA can't turn itself around)

Thanks, and you raise good speculative/possible ideas which can be thoughtfully bandied about.

SIN is sure an interesting idea. But how deep is AS's relationship with SQ? Isn't it just a FF reciprocity and SQ code-sharing on a few AS domestic routes?

BNE...hmmm...also interesting. I wonder if there could be enough traffic to support it, even with AS's massive SEA feed? QF already code-share on AS flights SEA <-> LAX & SFO to feed QF services to Oz. But maybe with a 787 AA could make SEA-BNE or SYD work, with QF code-sharing on it and then code-share on that aforementioned massive AS feed to/from SEA. Not sure on the range issue for -8 vs. -9. Note that QF service to YVR only appears to be seasonal, but maybe AA could do the same with SEA-Oz, at least initially.

The revived QR partnership I think for now poses the most questions since as you point out they won't have a JV so legally QR couldn't drop an existing service, like one of the JFK flights, for AA to take over. I'm thinking SEA-DOH might make the most sense if AA is going to start flying their own metal to DOH since QR do not already serve SEA; I don't see it competing with the SEA-BLR nonstop at all for the simple reason of why would anyone connect via DOH when they can fly it nonstop. Aside from all of this, I simply see the whole AA/QR revival as greatly expanding each others reach beyond their respective hubs...QR domestically into the U.S. and AA beyond DOH to a plethora of destinations.

MIA to South Africa is a tantalizing idea and the BA/Comair tie-in you mentioned sure would help it. Plus, no competition from MIA.

FSDan

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 pm

cathay747 wrote:
FSDan wrote:

SIN is sure an interesting idea. But how deep is AS's relationship with SQ? Isn't it just a FF reciprocity and SQ code-sharing on a few AS domestic routes?

I'm not sure how deep the current relationship is. I was just thinking that AA probably would want any tickets AS sells XXX-SEA-SIN to be on their flight, not SQ's. Same for any SEA-SIN O&D looking to earn/burn AS miles. Since AA only has limited ability to feed their international flights at SEA with their own operations, I think any future SEA international flight on AA will need either 1) a high amount of O&D, or 2) plenty of AS feed.

cathay747 wrote:
BNE...hmmm...also interesting. I wonder if there could be enough traffic to support it, even with AS's massive SEA feed? QF already code-share on AS flights SEA <-> LAX & SFO to feed QF services to Oz. But maybe with a 787 AA could make SEA-BNE or SYD work, with QF code-sharing on it and then code-share on that aforementioned massive AS feed to/from SEA.

The best thing I've heard going for this route is that Boeing has some ops in the Brisbane area (although they might be more defense-oriented, in which case maybe there's not that much traffic from SEA after all...). SEA definitely isn't the best geographically located hub to serve Oz, even with the AS hub. Nonetheless, I know SEA is a destination QF has mentioned before that they were looking at. If Alaska ever takes off as a destination Australians flock to visit, SEA will be well-positioned... :)

cathay747 wrote:
I'm thinking SEA-DOH might make the most sense if AA is going to start flying their own metal to DOH since QR do not already serve SEA; I don't see it competing with the SEA-BLR nonstop at all for the simple reason of why would anyone connect via DOH when they can fly it nonstop.

True, I suppose a theoretical SEA-DOH flight would be oriented to SEA-DOH-XXX (XXX being DEL/BOM/HYD, etc.) while the SEA-BLR flight will cater more to O&D plus YYY-SEA-BLR (YYY being SFO/SJC, LAX, DFW, etc.). The biggest problem with SEA-DOH would probably be the lack of an O&D market, but that'll be the case with almost anywhere in the U.S. to DOH besides maybe IAH, IAD, and JFK.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

cathay747

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:18 pm

FSDan wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
FSDan wrote:

I'm not sure how deep the current relationship is. I was just thinking that AA probably would want any tickets AS sells XXX-SEA-SIN to be on their flight, not SQ's. Same for any SEA-SIN O&D looking to earn/burn AS miles. Since AA only has limited ability to feed their international flights at SEA with their own operations, I think any future SEA international flight on AA will need either 1) a high amount of O&D, or 2) plenty of AS feed.

cathay747 wrote:
BNE...hmmm...also interesting. I wonder if there could be enough traffic to support it, even with AS's massive SEA feed? QF already code-share on AS flights SEA <-> LAX & SFO to feed QF services to Oz. But maybe with a 787 AA could make SEA-BNE or SYD work, with QF code-sharing on it and then code-share on that aforementioned massive AS feed to/from SEA.

The best thing I've heard going for this route is that Boeing has some ops in the Brisbane area (although they might be more defense-oriented, in which case maybe there's not that much traffic from SEA after all...). SEA definitely isn't the best geographically located hub to serve Oz, even with the AS hub. Nonetheless, I know SEA is a destination QF has mentioned before that they were looking at. If Alaska ever takes off as a destination Australians flock to visit, SEA will be well-positioned... :)

cathay747 wrote:
I'm thinking SEA-DOH might make the most sense if AA is going to start flying their own metal to DOH since QR do not already serve SEA; I don't see it competing with the SEA-BLR nonstop at all for the simple reason of why would anyone connect via DOH when they can fly it nonstop.

True, I suppose a theoretical SEA-DOH flight would be oriented to SEA-DOH-XXX (XXX being DEL/BOM/HYD, etc.) while the SEA-BLR flight will cater more to O&D plus YYY-SEA-BLR (YYY being SFO/SJC, LAX, DFW, etc.). The biggest problem with SEA-DOH would probably be the lack of an O&D market, but that'll be the case with almost anywhere in the U.S. to DOH besides maybe IAH, IAD, and JFK.

Maybe AS will terminate (or let expire if it's soon) their code-share with SQ. I'm looking at GDS timetable now for GEG-SIN and what you see is true-AS connecting to SQ and SQ code-share op by AS (exact same flight) connecting to same SQ027 both at SEA. AS doesn't code-share on SQ flights. So as I see it, the arrangement is more to SQ's benefit with only incremental traffic/revenue for AS which could be replaced by AA. Time will tell.

As for BNE, well...if QF has mentioned it in the past...then maybe! Can't speak to Boeing having any ops in the BNE area.

Your point about SEA-DOH lack of O&D is well taken; I wonder if such a route could be profitable with ONLY connecting traffic XXX-SEA-DOH, XXX-SEA-DOH-YYY and SEA-DOH-YYY? Don't forget that the DOH-YYY covers a LOT of cities!

Ishrion

Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 am

After a 7 hour delay, AA2223 DFW-ORD was upgauged from an A321 to a 772.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/aa2223

Detroit313

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:52 am

What exactly is Comair in South Africa that I've seen mentioned here? Is it owned by BA? Could it possibly provide any decent feed to AA if they launch South Africa when more 787 arrive?

chepos

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:58 am

Detroit313 wrote:
What exactly is Comair in South Africa that I've seen mentioned here? Is it owned by BA? Could it possibly provide any decent feed to AA if they launch South Africa when more 787 arrive?

Comair is based in South Africa, part of it’s ops serve as a franchisee of BA in South Africa, operating flights within South Africa and to neighboring countries. Their planes are painted in BA colors and staff wear BA uniforms.

Fly the Flag!!!!

Detroit313

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:52 am

chepos wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

Comair is based in South Africa, part of it’s ops serve as a franchisee of BA in South Africa, operating flights within South Africa and to neighboring countries. Their planes are painted in BA colors and staff wear BA uniforms.

Interesting. That could definitely help AA when it launches South Africa service. With so many 787 arriving it is a matter of when. Not if.

cathay747

Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
chepos wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

Interesting. That could definitely help AA when it launches South Africa service. With so many 787 arriving it is a matter of when. Not if.

I would tend to agree that AA will launch South Africa at some point. Question is...JNB or CPT?

onwFan

Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:42 pm

I would guess JNB. They are probably waiting to see how the situation at South African Airways pans out.

American 767

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:00 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
chepos wrote:

I would tend to agree that AA will launch South Africa at some point. Question is...JNB or CPT?

Or both. The idea would be a triangular itinerary: flying to JNB nonstop, then a leg JNB-CPT for those who want to go to CPT, and then fly back nonstop to the United States, MIA, CLT or PHL one of the three. Those who want to go to JNB would fly nonstop down there and then fly back to the United States with a stop in CPT to refuel and pick up passengers. And those who want to go to CPT would fly with a stop in JNB and then continue with the same airplane to CPT, and they would fly back nonstop. Of course American won't sell you a ticket just to fly JNB-CPT since they won't have any traffic rights within South Africa. The aircraft would be a 787-9, or an -8 if the load factors are too low, depending on the season.
Ben Soriano

AA747123

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:22 pm

I think you will see some big changes to initial plans if the corona virus continues. I see a huge plunge in air travel and doubt AA would launch a risky route like SEABLR in a major down turn.

cathay747

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:43 pm

onwFan wrote:
I would guess JNB. They are probably waiting to see how the situation at South African Airways pans out.

I don't see why they'd need to wait for that hot mess at SAA to pan out. If AA starts South Africa from any hub other-than JFK, they've got a monopoly market; and either PHL, CLT or MIA (the most logical choices) would give them massive connection feed on the U.S. side putting them quite on par up against UA/SAA.
Last edited by cathay747 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cathay747

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:54 pm

AA747123 wrote:
I think you will see some big changes to initial plans if the corona virus continues. I see a huge plunge in air travel and doubt AA would launch a risky route like SEABLR in a major down turn.

True, if this whole virus nightmare is still going on by Oct. which is the planned start of the SEA-BLR. And that won't be the only victim of a protracted downturn caused by the virus spreading further. We're already seeing flight cancellations/reductions to South Korea, Japan, Italy, Saudi Arabia, etc. It could easily turn into a global bloodbath for airlines (and all other travel companies...hotels, cruise lines, large travel management companies).

Detroit313

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:03 pm

I think MIA would be the best for South Africa. No matter where you are in the US or Canada, by connecting in MIA you feel like you are on the way there. If they do it from PHL those who live in Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Texas etc. will have to go north in order to go to South Africa which makes no sense. MIA makes sense for everyone in terms of connections.

usairways85

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Detroit313 wrote:
I think MIA would be the best for South Africa. No matter where you are in the US or Canada, by connecting in MIA you feel like you are on the way there. If they do it from PHL those who live in Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Texas etc. will have to go north in order to go to South Africa which makes no sense. MIA makes sense for everyone in terms of connections.

"Feels like" being the key word there. PHL-JNB is actually shorter than MIA-JNB.

Regardless, the world economy is in chaos right now. I think we are closer to route suspensions/cancellations than we are to additional major announcements. That is anyone's guess.

Detroit313

Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:27 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:

"Feels like" being the key word there. PHL-JNB is actually shorter than MIA-JNB.

Regardless, the world economy is in chaos right now. I think we are closer to route suspensions/cancellations than we are to additional major announcements. That is anyone's guess.

It is like Delta from Atlanta. I guess JFK is closer but ATL feels like you're heading towards that way. That feeling is even higher with Miami and not a single person from the US would have to head north first in order to go south. Unless you're in Key West or something.

Ishrion

Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:17 pm

More on the rumored AA DFW-BNE flight:

https://viewfromthewing.com/is-american ... ardingArea

Interestingly, the head of Brisbane Airport believed Qantas would launch BNE-DFW before BNE-SFO.

Ishrion

Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:10 am

American's Seattle to Bangalore flight is now available for booking.

Inaugural flight is October 25, which is the same day as the inaugural LAX-CHC and DFW-AKL.

Depart Seattle 5:55 p.m. arrive Bangalore 10:45 p.m. next day.

And... here's the interesting timing.

Depart Bangalore 2:05 a.m. arrive Seattle 6:00 a.m.

I guess it's similar to the other India - U.S. flights anyway.

Also, the 787-9 will be coming from LAX as AA200 meaning there are 5 daily E-175s and 1 daily 789 on LAX-SEA...

Ishrion

Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:26 am

Also, not sure if this was noted before.

ORD-ANC/FAI has been upgauged to the A321 instead of 738.

DFW-FAI will go A321neo from June 4.

DFW-ANC will see the 788 again from June 4.

Looks like AA's Alaska flights are doing well.

chepos

Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:28 am

Ishrion wrote:

Inaugural flight is October 25, which is the same day as the inaugural LAX-CHC and DFW-AKL.

Also, the 787-9 will be coming from LAX as AA200 meaning there are 5 daily E-175s and 1 daily 789 on LAX-SEA...

I know the airline as of last week could not confirm what base would crew BLR, I tend to believe it will LAX. Maybe PHX will get the SEA-LHR flight.

Fly the Flag!!!!

Ishrion

Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:31 am

chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

I know the airline as of last week could not confirm what base would crew BLR, I tend to believe it will LAX. Maybe PHX will get the SEA-LHR flight.

LHR-PHX-SEA-LHR? I mean... kinda works, but couldn't they rotate LHR-SEA through LHR?

chepos

Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:40 am

Ishrion wrote:
chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

LHR-PHX-SEA-LHR? I mean... kinda works, but couldn't they rotate LHR-SEA through LHR?

I’m pretty certain the aircraft will fly XXX-LHR-SEA-LHR-XXX, but it has to be crewed by a base. LAX/PHX/DFW, PHX-LHR is crewed by LA cockpit crew and PHX cabin, maybe it will be similar for SEA.

Fly the Flag!!!!

cathay747

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Ishrion wrote:

Small-hours-of-the-morning departure times from India to Europe/U.S. are the norm. That 0600 arrival at SEA will be perfect for any onward connections on AS. I'm sure the outbound at 1755 is the same, in reverse, AS probably has an arrival bank between 1600-1700.

Interesting that they'll run a 787 LAX-SEA, but of course, the airplane has to come from somewhere since they have no other widebody ops at SEA; I presume it will return SEA-LAX too? Maybe once LHR starts they can cycle however many frames will be needed to op both routes just in/out of SEA without any domestic tags? I know that would depend on the schedule of the LHR flight both ways, but could they do it theoretically?

cathay747

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:28 pm

Ishrion wrote:
chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

That would be way-cool for us in PHX if we got a 777 on PHX/SEA/PHX!

cathay747

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:31 pm

chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Seems to me if the airplane will be coming from LAX, wouldn't that indicate that the LAX base will crew the SEA-BLR flight? I suppose it means the LAX/SEA/LAX tag at each end would be the last/first flight of the day for a crew, with a separate crew operating SEA/BLR/SEA with at least one RON at SEA in each direction? I can't imagine the same crew would operate LAX-SEA and then continue on to BLR; even with crew-rest bunks on the long-haul sector, wouldn't that exceed their allowed max. duty time?

chepos

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:43 pm

cathay747 wrote:
chepos wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Seems to me if the airplane will be coming from LAX, wouldn't that indicate that the LAX base will crew the SEA-BLR flight? I suppose it means the LAX/SEA/LAX tag at each end would be the last/first flight of the day for a crew, with a separate crew operating SEA/BLR/SEA with at least one RON at SEA in each direction? I can't imagine the same crew would operate LAX-SEA and then continue on to BLR; even with crew-rest bunks on the long-haul sector, wouldn't that exceed their allowed max. duty time?

Yes, I am certain there will be a crew change in SEA. Crew will overnight in SEA and then take the aircraft to BLR the next day.

Fly the Flag!!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos