Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ABEguy

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 9:58 pm

janders wrote:
At today's investor conference Vasu Raja stated with anticipation of international and corporate traffic coming back much slower there would be further cuts to the international schedule.
Also, AA would seek to leverage its JV partners more for international access moving forward.

Yes I think it was Robert that said international recovery will be slower and additional cuts are being looked at. Vasu said that theyre preparing for a magnitude of scenarios. International returning slower; in which case the XLR may be utilized instead of wide bodies. Using JV partners is another tool in that scenario. 787s are still coming and will be used to fly international if the demand is there, or replace older 777s if not. Theyre seeing an increase in business travel already but Corporate travel will be the last to come back due to restrictions.

The take away is that they’re preparing for whatever the recovery does, as expected. They will certainly not be short of wide body aircraft if they have the demand to fly a robust transatlantic schedule.

onwFan

Tue May 19, 2020 10:36 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
digitalcloud wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
So AA lost two fleets of long haul airplanes.

New deliveries?

And you boys are looking at Spring Schedules like Santa arrived on xmas morning.

Massive cuts coming. Massive.

I wouldnt look for DBV in your stocking...
You don't say? Don't shoot the messenger - simply sharing information.

Im not shooting the messenger.

We arent Aunt Mary booking a flight once a year on AA.

We on a.net know better.

They have a massive loss of widebody aircraft.

Even if they shut JFK and LAX long haul, they still couldnt maintain this schedule.

The planes arent there. They wont be there.

But I don’t think they are going to shut any hub. You will see massive cuts out of all hubs to Europe and Asia.

That is a twisted way of portraying things. You seem to give the impression that AA is unable to do some apparently profit-yielding expansion due to a 'massive loss of widebody aircraft'; when the reality is the other-way round: that they were retired because there is not going to be any demand in the near future.

ctrabs0114

Wed May 20, 2020 12:33 am

digitalcloud wrote:
Full schedule according to Airlineroute:

Philadelphia – Berlin Tegel eff 03JUN21 Previously not covered on Airlineroute, 787-8 replaces 767-300ER, 1 daily (As of 17MAY20, AA continues to display Berlin Tegel service, although Berlin Brandenburg Airport is set to open in the 4th quarter of 2020)

How many times have German officials said that this new airport in Berlin was supposed to open over the past decade-plus? I can't blame AA for continuing to list Tegel until there's something definitive re: Brandenburg.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA

jfklganyc

Wed May 20, 2020 10:49 am

ABEguy wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
digitalcloud wrote:
You don't say? Don't shoot the messenger - simply sharing information.

We on a.net know better.

Even if they shut JFK and LAX long haul, they still couldnt maintain this schedule.

But I don’t think they are going to shut any hub. You will see massive cuts out of all hubs to Europe and Asia.

Do you really not know about all the 787s AA has coming or are you just playing dumb? In 2018 AA ordered 22 more 787-8 and 25 more 787-9. The 8s were always planned to replace the 767 fleet and the 9 were to replace the 330-300 and older 777s. The first batch of the 787-8s have started arriving in 2020, and the 787-9 will start in 2023. Nothings changed in that department except COVID accelerated the retirements of already planned to be retired aircraft.

Obviously if the demand doesn’t return in time all is subject to change, but your notion that AA won’t have the wide-bodies to fly the schedule they’re building for next summer is so wrong that I have to assume you’re being willfully ignorant.

So how does that help them fly to DBV in the spring?

What are we kidding here guys?

The company is on the verge of collapse… You guys are looking at 787s to Athens from two different cities...

It is a dummy sked that will never be flown.

The equipment isn’t there to fly it. The finances aren’t there to fly it. And, likely, the pax aren’t there to fly it

acentauri

Wed May 20, 2020 12:45 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
ABEguy wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

The company is on the verge of collapse… You guys are looking at 787s to Athens from two different cities...

The equipment isn’t there to fly it. The finances aren’t there to fly it. And, likely, the pax aren’t there to fly it

That's a bit over dramatic - even for a NYer.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/willhorton ... f52f8370ea

Nicknuzzii

Wed May 20, 2020 12:58 pm

acentauri wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

Finally, someone else said it. Not me.

tphuang

Wed May 20, 2020 1:16 pm

acentauri wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
ABEguy wrote:

A company's CFO normally does not tell the investors that it's going under.

Miamiairport

Wed May 20, 2020 1:47 pm

tphuang wrote:
acentauri wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

A company's CFO normally does not tell the investors that it's going under.

Usually the CEO/CFO/COO claims "liquidity is strong" until there's "no liquidity", then the company announces it's engaged bankruptcy counsel.

AAPramugari14

Wed May 20, 2020 2:50 pm

It seems many Anetters have this pipe dream to see AA go under. That’s just not the case. This sick and twisted idea is tied to the livelihood of thousands of employees along with over a million affected throughout industries beyond just AA. Just stop it.

cathay747

Wed May 20, 2020 3:46 pm

AAPramugari14 wrote:
It seems many Anetters have this pipe dream to see AA go under. That’s just not the case. This sick and twisted idea is tied to the livelihood of thousands of employees along with over a million affected throughout industries beyond just AA. Just stop it.

There are indeed a few who seem to wish that AA would collapse, among them are usually those who refer to Parker with the 1st-grader usage of "Dougie" as a derogatory name, which drives me up the wall. I wish I knew how that childish thing got started. If you don't like the guy and/or find him incompetent, fine, but do we have to lower ourselves to 1st-graders and call people names? Jeff Smisek at UA was an absolute ass, but nobody was calling him "Jeffie".

And this seeming desire to see AA tank in my mind goes along with the many who kept rehashing over and over about PHX being (or should be) dehubbed.

I'm starting to believe that AA may indeed have to do another Chapter 11 filing as has been thrown around lately, but they'll survive, as will UA/DL/WN. It's the other, smaller airlines I worry most about...HA, B6, AS, and even though I despise the LCC/ULCC model, I also fear for F9/NK/G4, but that's from the perspective of the employees...I don't like to or want to see anybody lose their job. I think we're going to see some more consolidation...and since this is a thread about AA, I'll add my vote to the speculation of AA/AS merging.
Try a Little VC-10derness

N905TW

Wed May 20, 2020 3:55 pm

AAPramugari14 wrote:

Moreover its always the same users who have been banging the "AA is going down" drum for years - and certain ones who do so no doubt to further their BLUE agenda

tphuang

Wed May 20, 2020 4:09 pm

N905TW wrote:
AAPramugari14 wrote:

Moreover its always the same users who have been banging the "AA is going down" drum for years - and certain ones who do so no doubt to further their BLUE agenda

If that's pointed at me, then I can tell you for sure that I actually use to fly AA as an EXP regularly and have nothing but fond memories of that. If all the numbers show that they are in trouble, then they are in trouble. Regardless of how much you might not like it, that's just what the numbers show.

If you have evidence that they are not in trouble, then present the numbers and argue your points.

Boof02671

Wed May 20, 2020 4:47 pm

DBV is loaded and available for booking and the XLRs won’t be on the property till 2023.

Ishrion

Wed May 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
DBV is loaded and available for booking and the XLRs won’t be on the property till 2023.

From March 28, 2021? Not seeing it available on aa.com

FSDan

Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 pm

I agree it's WAY too early to be looking at next summer's schedule with any degree of certainty. Even in a normal year, airlines don't start to get their summer long haul schedules worked out until late summer or Fall of the previous year... and that's when they have reasonable predictive models they can use. For now, AA has simply deferred canceling any routes for next summer, while updating the aircraft to types they'll actually be flying instead of 757s/767s/330s.

What we can tell about AA's plans at this time, is some basic info about their fleet allocation plans:
  • PHL long haul will be mostly 788s
  • CLT long haul will be 772s
  • LHR long haul will be 772s and 77Ws

As far as which routes will actually end up sticking around for S21, let's check back next January...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

LAXintl

Wed May 20, 2020 5:37 pm

As far as traffic returning, John Gustafson VP Cust Exp today at briefing stated what AA is seeing that its largely the 20-30-year-old segment booking and being more opportunistic with low fares. Unfortunately, they can term it a broad improvement since its a pretty narrow demographic willing to still travel.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ABEguy

Wed May 20, 2020 6:07 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
ABEguy wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

We on a.net know better.

Do you really not know about all the 787s AA has coming or are you just playing dumb? In 2018 AA ordered 22 more 787-8 and 25 more 787-9. The 8s were always planned to replace the 767 fleet and the 9 were to replace the 330-300 and older 777s. The first batch of the 787-8s have started arriving in 2020, and the 787-9 will start in 2023. Nothings changed in that department except COVID accelerated the retirements of already planned to be retired aircraft.

Obviously if the demand doesn’t return in time all is subject to change, but your notion that AA won’t have the wide-bodies to fly the schedule they’re building for next summer is so wrong that I have to assume you’re being willfully ignorant.

This is like a form of TDS except with AA. I laid out for you the orders of wide bodies that are showing up as we speak. Robert Isom said just 2 days ago they’re still coming. All the wide bodies parked during the crisis were already planned to be retired, plus 757 and E190. But you continue repeating yourself with what you wish would happen, not what’s actually happening.

Again maybe the 2021 summer schedule will be drawn down further if there’s no demand, but it will not be because of lack of aircraft. Read that again and repeat it as many times as you need to in order to understand.

OB1504

Wed May 20, 2020 7:44 pm

cathay747 wrote:
AAPramugari14 wrote:

There are indeed a few who seem to wish that AA would collapse, among them are usually those who refer to Parker with the 1st-grader usage of "Dougie" as a derogatory name, which drives me up the wall. I wish I knew how that childish thing got started. If you don't like the guy and/or find him incompetent, fine, but do we have to lower ourselves to 1st-graders and call people names? Jeff Smisek at UA was an absolute ass, but nobody was calling him "Jeffie".

And this seeming desire to see AA tank in my mind goes along with the many who kept rehashing over and over about PHX being (or should be) dehubbed.

I don't want AA to collapse because my livelihood is tied to their existence, but I have no faith in Doug Parker.

spinotter

Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 pm

cathay747 wrote:
AAPramugari14 wrote:

I'm starting to believe that AA may indeed have to do another Chapter 11 filing as has been thrown around lately, but they'll survive, as will UA/DL/WN. It's the other, smaller airlines I worry most about...HA, B6, AS, and even though I despise the LCC/ULCC model, I also fear for F9/NK/G4, but that's from the perspective of the employees...I don't like to or want to see anybody lose their job. I think we're going to see some more consolidation...and since this is a thread about AA, I'll add my vote to the speculation of AA/AS merging.

I believe that those calling him DoUgIe are making a reference to the letters capitalized in my spelling of that name. I hope that no one wants AA to go under. But many have pointed out that without the massive stock buybacks, all of the US3 (US4?) would be in a better position to survive the pandemic.

PHLspecial

Wed May 20, 2020 8:07 pm

OB1504 wrote:
I don't want AA to collapse because my livelihood is tied to their existence, but I have no faith in Doug Parker.

If PHL loses AA the city would be crippled economically for years to come same with PHX.

Nicknuzzii

Wed May 20, 2020 8:12 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
OB1504 wrote:

If PHL loses AA the city would be crippled economically for years to come same with PHX.

CLT would be dead.

STT757

Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
OB1504 wrote:

CLT would be dead.

PHL would see WN and other LCC's fill the void, just as they did when AA left their hubs in BNA and RDU. As for CLT, UA would go in there in a heartbeat.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

sagechan

Wed May 20, 2020 9:40 pm

AAPramugari14 wrote:

You're right here on the sentimentality. AA does have a debt problem, but they have no major maturities until 2023, so the debt isn't a huge liquidity concern in the short term. Most of AA's debt seems to be related to the pre-merger giant aircraft order, and there isn't much the new management team could do about that. They restructured the deliveries and placed the 787 top up. There is a decent chance of AA going into Chapter 11 to relieve that debt burden but that's mostly good for them if its delayed until majority of revenue recovers.

While I'm not a fan of the buybacks on general, they weren't a big issue for this. They needed to make equities attractive and that competes with other industries also doing buybacks. Their legal responsibility is to their shareholders. You don't plan for a situation where you revenue drops 95% in weeks, If you did you'd have no returns
717, 733, 734, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA, AS

JohanTally

Wed May 20, 2020 10:27 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
OB1504 wrote:

CLT would be dead.

CLT DFW and DCA are the most profitable hubs so even if AA did go belly up another airline would attempt to fill the void. CLT is #2 in the US in assets held with more banking hubs moving in so I don't know if AA shutting down would be a death knell for the Charlotte metro. It would definitely be bad for me and ten thousand other AA employees in CLT.

https://qz.com/1545417/charlotte-become ... st-merger/

cathay747

Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 pm

STT757 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

CLT would be dead.

PHL would see WN and other LCC's fill the void, just as they did when AA left their hubs in BNA and RDU. As for CLT, UA would go in there in a heartbeat.

I agree with you about PHL, but why would UA of all airlines move into CLT? That makes zero sense to me, unless they dumped IAD as a hub.

cathay747

Wed May 20, 2020 11:12 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
OB1504 wrote:

I agree with you about PHX...living here, I do believe it would be quite a blow until WN (being the mostly likely suspect) would able to start filling the void.

cathay747

Wed May 20, 2020 11:17 pm

sagechan wrote:
AAPramugari14 wrote:

You're right here on the sentimentality. AA does have a debt problem, but they have no major maturities until 2023, so the debt isn't a huge liquidity concern in the short term. Most of AA's debt seems to be related to the pre-merger giant aircraft order, and there isn't much the new management team could do about that. They restructured the deliveries and placed the 787 top up. There is a decent chance of AA going into Chapter 11 to relieve that debt burden but that's mostly good for them if its delayed until majority of revenue recovers.

While I'm not a fan of the buybacks on general, they weren't a big issue for this. They needed to make equities attractive and that competes with other industries also doing buybacks. Their legal responsibility is to their shareholders. You don't plan for a situation where you revenue drops 95% in weeks, If you did you'd have no returns

A most intelligent post. I agree with you 100%. Large numbers of big companies (not just airlines) are "guilty" of the share buybacks and not using that money for creation of a BIG rainy day fund as I believe all companies had BETTER DO now that they've seen an out-of-their-control & unforeseen crisis erupt that CAN result in revenues plunging 95% in weeks and even the rosiest forecasted recovery is awfully dismal.

cathay747

Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 pm

JohanTally wrote:
It would definitely be bad for me and ten thousand other AA employees in CLT.
https://qz.com/1545417/charlotte-become ... st-merger/

For you and all your colleagues, at CLT and systemwide, I'm pulling for you and hoping the bottom doesn't fall out; there's been too much of that historically in the airline industry. Stout hearts.

Polot

Wed May 20, 2020 11:29 pm

CLT would be fine if AA died (not that I think they will). It is the only really viable alternative to a Southeast hub that can rival ATL.

CIDFlyer

Wed May 20, 2020 11:48 pm

cathay747 wrote:
STT757 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

CLT would be dead.

I agree with you about PHL, but why would UA of all airlines move into CLT? That makes zero sense to me, unless they dumped IAD as a hub.

IAD isn’t that big of a hub. Plus it’s too far north to be an effective southern hub. And if you think about it AA runs a similar sized hub at DCA which is comparable to UAs size at IAD alongside its CLT mega hub so it would be no different. Back when UA/US looked to merge 20 years ago CLT was one of the main reasons as they could gain a foothold in one of the fastest growing regions of the country to challenge DL as a competitor in the south. The Charlotte region has only grown that much more in the last 20 years. UA would definitely scoop up any assets there and create a hub if they had the chance. Personally I don’t see AA going anywhere.

Midwestindy

Thu May 21, 2020 12:30 am

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1263263277477498884

Rumor of AA pulling 40 jets out of storage to meet the increase in demand
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

Wingtips56

Thu May 21, 2020 12:38 am

Ishrion wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

AA opens sales 330 days out. I don't know if this still applies, but it was a function of the Sabre booking engine. No bookings with the same day/month overlapping (the year was never in the coding until the Y2K thing).
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC

cathay747

Thu May 21, 2020 2:02 pm

Wingtips56 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

AA opens sales 330 days out. I don't know if this still applies, but it was a function of the Sabre booking engine. No bookings with the same day/month overlapping (the year was never in the coding until the Y2K thing).

FYI it's actually 331 days, not 330, and that is, and always has been, the protocol of every GDS/PSS that's ever been created, although WN doesn't load inventory/schedules that far out, but they're the only one I know of that doesn't use the full 331 day capacity/capability.

skylor

Thu May 21, 2020 4:56 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Wingtips56 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

FYI it's actually 331 days, not 330, and that is, and always has been, the protocol of every GDS/PSS that's ever been created, although WN doesn't load inventory/schedules that far out, but they're the only one I know of that doesn't use the full 331 day capacity/capability.

Imagine correcting someone over a single day.

cathay747

Fri May 22, 2020 9:18 pm

skylor wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
Wingtips56 wrote:

Imagine correcting someone over a single day.

Yes, it's only by 1 day, but I was simply correcting a fact/figure, with no criticism, directly or implied, which is far more useful than your first and only post since joining 6yrs. ago.

aemoreira1981

Sun May 24, 2020 1:32 am

With the network for American heavily dependent on Latin America, and the problems in Brazil and Mexico regarding COVID-19, I have to wonder how much recovery is possible for American this year. This year, it looks as though first to return internationally to the USA will be VFR destinations in the Caribbean...and there, DL and B6 dominate from JFK and (DL) ATL and (B6) FLL. Then would be Europe (plus TLV)...again, where DL and UA are better primed. LatAm and Asia are basically sunk for 2020.

I know it's in its own thread now, but I would be surprised if the B772s that are not reconfigured actually return to service; the A332s could also be put up for sale when a market develops for them as they have RR Trent engines. Secure in the fleet (long-haul) are the reconfigured B772s, B77Ws, B788s, and B789s.

As for CLT, if AA has to draw back, I see B6 possibly planning an entry into that market, using the A220.

Ishrion

Sun May 24, 2020 1:59 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:

I know it's in its own thread now, but I would be surprised if the B772s that are not reconfigured actually return to service

All 777-200ERs have been reconfigured, unless you’re talking about the ones with Zodiac Concept D seats?

aemoreira1981

Sun May 24, 2020 2:18 am

Ishrion wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

I know it's in its own thread now, but I would be surprised if the B772s that are not reconfigured actually return to service

All 777-200ERs have been reconfigured, unless you’re talking about the ones with Zodiac Concept D seats?

That is what I mean...the Concept D ones.

rjbesikof

Sun May 24, 2020 2:45 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
With the network for American heavily dependent on Latin America, and the problems in Brazil and Mexico regarding COVID-19, I have to wonder how much recovery is possible for American this year. This year, it looks as though first to return internationally to the USA will be VFR destinations in the Caribbean...and there, DL and B6 dominate from JFK and (DL) ATL and (B6) FLL. Then would be Europe (plus TLV)...again, where DL and UA are better primed. LatAm and Asia are basically sunk for 2020.

I know it's in its own thread now, but I would be surprised if the B772s that are not reconfigured actually return to service; the A332s could also be put up for sale when a market develops for them as they have RR Trent engines. Secure in the fleet (long-haul) are the reconfigured B772s, B77Ws, B788s, and B789s.

As for CLT, if AA has to draw back, I see B6 possibly planning an entry into that market, using the A220.

TLV is planned to launch next year. What do SYD/AKL look like?

Ishrion

Sun May 24, 2020 2:52 am

rjbesikof wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

LAX-SYD/AKL are still set for October 23, 2020.

DFW-AKL was pushed back to Winter 2021.

rjbesikof

Sun May 24, 2020 2:53 am

Ishrion wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

That's good. They'll have QF to help them.

qf789

Sun May 24, 2020 6:41 am

rjbesikof wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:

That's good. They'll have QF to help them.

I wouldnt be too sure about QF helping them out, in the short term anyway. I would probably write off Qantas operating any meaningful service to the US until next year at the earliest. They are only operating very limited domestically atm and hoping to be about 50% in July. Having said that I would expect QF to operate to LAX first, SFO and DFW will come later and likely any service will be from SYD only to start with and probably only with 789's.
Forum Moderator

AA100

Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Looks like AA will schedule 777-300ER on RDU-LHR for winter 2020/21; starting in October through to March.

Interesting to see them schedule this - appreciate schedules are not very reliable at the moment but could this be due to cargo demand? Or perhaps one route they know they will see business demand return ? Or is it simply aircraft rotational reasons

Ishrion

Sun May 24, 2020 1:44 pm

AA100 wrote:
Looks like AA will schedule 777-300ER on RDU-LHR for winter 2020/21; starting in October through to March.

Interesting to see them schedule this - appreciate schedules are not very reliable at the moment but could this be due to cargo demand? Or perhaps one route they know they will see business demand return ? Or is it simply aircraft rotational reasons

Whaaaaaat. That’s crazy. Didn’t see that coming.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... ce-in-w20/

MLIAA

Sun May 24, 2020 1:45 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:

I would argue that AA’s Miami hub is more dominant in the Caribbean than DL at ATL or B6 at FLL, and certainly more dominant than any JFK hub. MIA is perfect for any jump-off into the Caribbean.

I also don’t agree that UA and DL are stronger to Europe than AA. If anything, NY & NJ have been hit harder than any other states, there may be a bit more O&D travel from PHL than those two. But either way, DL & UA do not have any edge over AA in TATL flying.

Finally, AA will not be moving an inch in CLT. It is one of the largest and most lucrative hubs AA has. CLT isn’t going anywhere.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

Midwestindy

Sun May 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Ishrion wrote:
AA100 wrote:

How is this crazy, it's been a 777-200 route

Ishrion

Sun May 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
AA100 wrote:

I would've expected to see a 787-9 on the route before American's most premium flagship aircraft. The 777-300ER isn't even used out of PHL, CLT, ORD, PHX, BOS, etc.

Really wasn't expecting to see the 77W on RDU of all places...

Midwestindy

Sun May 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

I would've expected to see a 787-9 on the route before American's most premium flagship aircraft. The 777-300ER isn't even used out of PHL, CLT, ORD, PHX, BOS, etc.

I take it you have not seen the financials of the route? It brings in sizably more money than even CLT-LHR on a per flight basis

Ishrion

Sun May 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I take it you have not seen the financials of the route? It brings in sizably more money than even CLT-LHR on a per flight basis

No, I haven’t. Do you have a link to the data?

Over the past few summers, the flight seemed fairly open at times. Considering COVID-19 and the fact that this route may not even operate by October, I’m still surprised to see an upgauge during these times.

NYCAAer

Sun May 24, 2020 3:01 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
AA100 wrote:

This one is a real head-scratcher. The only thing that I can think of is that a 772 wasn’t available for the times needed.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos