Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Nicknuzzii

Re: American Airlines Network Thread - 2020

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:47 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
On a down note, BOS/LGA - MIA see midweek E175's in January.

Same for EWR.

hollywoodcory

Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:54 am

Just noticed PHX-YYC was upped from a CR9 to a mainline 319 in January. I'm assuming they're getting a decent amount of bookings then. Great to see.

BA744PHX

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:10 am

hollywoodcory wrote:
Just noticed PHX-YYC was upped from a CR9 to a mainline 319 in January. I'm assuming they're getting a decent amount of bookings then. Great to see.

PHX-YVR was added for January 5 - February 10, originally scheduled to resume in June 2021

hollywoodcory

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:18 am

BA744PHX wrote:
hollywoodcory wrote:

PHX-YVR was added for January 5 - February 10, originally scheduled to resume in June 2021

Also DFW - YYC upped from E75 to 319 as well in January. Guessing they're seeing good bookings to Western Canada.

MrPeanut

Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:40 pm

hollywoodcory wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
hollywoodcory wrote:

Also DFW - YYC upped from E75 to 319 as well in January. Guessing they're seeing good bookings to Western Canada.

Don’t forget, the only way you can currently enter the U.S. from Canada is by air. Land borders are still closed. People that live in sunbelt states know that Canadians drive long distances to sunbelt states to spend the winter. You are probably just seeing a slight shift from land to air for those that want to escape the winter for a short period of time.

hollywoodcory

Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:05 pm

MrPeanut wrote:
hollywoodcory wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Don’t forget, the only way you can currently enter the U.S. from Canada is by air. Land borders are still closed. People that live in sunbelt states know that Canadians drive long distances to sunbelt states to spend the winter. You are probably just seeing a slight shift from land to air for those that want to escape the winter for a short period of time.

This is true.

I think I read somewhere a few snowbirds who typically drive down to their winter homes are flying this year and having their cars shipped to them.

Also with the testing pilot occurring at YYC which gives returning travelers a opportunity to avoid a 14 day quarantine, there was a spike in international bookings even on short term vacation.
I took a peak and AA does have decent advance bookings for both DFW & PHX in December (at a least to & from YYC).

sptv

AA Eagle @ LAX

Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:31 am

Forgive me if this question has been asked elsewhere - I searched and did not find anything.

Now that Compass is gone, what are AA's plans to replace their flying in a post-COVID situation? It looks like SkyWest has filled the void to this point, but the CR7 they operate for AA out of LAX doesn't hold a candle to the E175 which is far superior. Are there plans for SkyWest to fly the E175 out of LAX for AA?

slcdeltarumd11

Re: AA Eagle @ LAX

Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:45 am

On topic-. Right now with carona is AA still using the buses and eagles nest terminal or do they have the space to not need buses for those flights?
Last edited by slcdeltarumd11 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

UA748i

Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:45 am

No plans for OO to fly E175s for AA. YX and MQ cover the majority of E-Jet flying in the system.

For now, its CRJ7 at LAX

LAXintl

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:03 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
On topic-. Right now with carona is AA still using the buses and eagles nest terminal or do they have the space to not need buses for those flights?

AA gave up the Eagle nest in the spring. The Delta (former Western) hangar and the adjacent corporate building has been torn down. New United hangar facility is going up, and eventually if LAWA green lights the T-9 complex.

ericm2031

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:20 am

sptv wrote:
Forgive me if this question has been asked elsewhere - I searched and did not find anything.

Now that Compass is gone, what are AA's plans to replace their flying in a post-COVID situation? It looks like SkyWest has filled the void to this point, but the CR7 they operate for AA out of LAX doesn't hold a candle to the E175 which is far superior. Are there plans for SkyWest to fly the E175 out of LAX for AA?

OO has 25 E175s on order for AA but it has been delayed until end of 2021. Naturally they would replace the Compass flying easily as OO already does plenty of flying for everyone out of LAX, but no official plans have been announced with where they will put them. AA has yet to resume the majority of its Eagle flying out of LAX anyways so it’s clearly not a priority for them right now.

Ishrion

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:53 am

LAXintl wrote:
AA gave up the Eagle nest in the spring.

Wow, I never realized that. It looks like AA's only LAX routes on the CRJ-700 right now are to DEN, SFO, and SLC departing out of T5.

Ishrion

Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:26 pm

AA will operate five "flights to nowhere" on the 737 MAX before it enters scheduled service on December 29.

These five flights are exclusive for AA employees.

https://viewfromthewing.com/american-ai ... o-nowhere/

MrPeanut

Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Given the severe downturn in business travel and very soft business travel recovery, I wonder when AA will publicly announce the reconfiguration of the A321T to a more densely configured aircraft. My bet is sometime before the next earnings announcement.

Boof02671

Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm

MrPeanut wrote:
Given the severe downturn in business travel and very soft business travel recovery, I wonder when AA will publicly announce the reconfiguration of the A321T to a more densely configured aircraft. My bet is sometime before the next earnings announcement.

They are not going too.

tphuang

Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:23 pm

MrPeanut wrote:

Did you see the JonNYC tweet also? I'm certainly not surprised if it happens.

Cointrin330

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 pm

If the A321T is reconfigured to standard A321 cabins, they won't be plying the JFK-LAX/SFO routes. It's likely they'll use the slack in the 777/787 fleet and use those, where demand is greater for leisure and not premium at the moment. I don't see AA pulling the plug on LAX or SFO from JFK. They have a decent amount of market share, and a lot of companies (notably, entertainment and some wall street firms) value the First Class cabins, though the international business class product on the 777 and 787 fleets are compelling but I don't think this is AA rolling over and ceding capacity to UA. The best transcon product at the moment is B6's. The laggard is increasingly DL, with dated, old cabins.

MIflyer12

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:39 pm

Cointrin330 wrote:
It's likely they'll use the slack in the 777/787 fleet and use those...

They couldn't maintain any frequency running aircraft that big. They're already laggards - 2x JFK-LAX tomorrow vs. 5X DL and 4x B6; 1x JFK-SFO vs. 5x EWR-SFO.

MAH4546

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:42 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Cointrin330 wrote:

They couldn't maintain any frequency running aircraft that big. They're already laggards - 2x JFK-LAX tomorrow vs. 5X DL and 4x B6; 1x JFK-SFO vs. 5x EWR-SFO.

That’s a product of how AA is minimizing capacity that overflows central hubs. They are not a laggard in NYCLAX don’t be ridiculous.

MrPeanut

Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:37 pm

tphuang wrote:
MrPeanut wrote:

Did you see the JonNYC tweet also? I'm certainly not surprised if it happens.

I did not see the tweet, but I agree this is just a matter of time. A premium heavy aircraft in the new covid and post-covid environment is not the best use of an aircraft. Those planes will be sitting for at least the next 6 months if not longer. Then once business travel starts to pick back up again, it wont be at the same levels as it used to be anytime soon. Time for AA to reconfigure and put these planes back in to the air to earn revenue.

MrPeanut

Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:58 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
Cointrin330 wrote:

That’s a product of how AA is minimizing capacity that overflows central hubs. They are not a laggard in NYCLAX don’t be ridiculous.

I guess it depends on how one defines laggard. In terms of passengers carried, they were 5th on the LAXNYC route in January (pre-covid). In order of passengers carried:
UA(EWR): 52,134
DL(JFK): 49,603
B6(JFK): 37,699
AS (JFK&EWR): 33,391
AA(JFK): 27,850

So here is where is gets interesting. While AA did get a revenue premium on a per passenger basis, total revenue was below both UA & DL as they flew far fewer passengers. They were able to carve out a niche, but the cost of doing so was high as they had to dedicate a special fleet to the route. Not sure their strategy worked even before covid.

Cointrin330

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:54 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
Cointrin330 wrote:

No they can't maintain the frequency with 772s/787s but right now, it's not about frequency. It is about leisure demand. Yes, DL are 5X daily and B6 are 4, but are losing plenty of cash (B6's burn rate is said to be upwards of $8 million a day, not sustainable for any airline.

Cointrin330

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:57 am

MrPeanut wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

I guess it depends on how one defines laggard. In terms of passengers carried, they were 5th on the LAXNYC route in January (pre-covid). In order of passengers carried:

So here is where is gets interesting. While AA did get a revenue premium on a per passenger basis, total revenue was below both UA & DL as they flew far fewer passengers. They were able to carve out a niche, but the cost of doing so was high as they had to dedicate a special fleet to the route. Not sure their strategy worked even before covid.

AA was printing money on JFK-LAX pre-COVID. SFO, less so. The AS numbers are not really meaningful as they're not really a competitor for the corporate dollar before the pandemic. The A321T is a niche product. It does not work in a low premium demand cycle we're in right now. The same can be said about those premium heavy UA 767s once they start operating. 2 x daily isn't much, but to be meaningful in the LAX marketplace, they'll eventually need to up that to 4 or 6 per day and that's not sustainable on the 767 in this environment. DL's numbers reflect its corporate contracts.

tphuang

Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:24 am

Cointrin330 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
Cointrin330 wrote:

No they can't maintain the frequency with 772s/787s but right now, it's not about frequency. It is about leisure demand. Yes, DL are 5X daily and B6 are 4, but are losing plenty of cash (B6's burn rate is said to be upwards of $8 million a day, not sustainable for any airline.

AA lost $35 million a day in Q3 and B6 lost $6.1 million a day in Q3. Even the adjusted burn rate was around $43 million vs $7.5 million a day. Maybe this is not the right time for AA supporters to accuse other airlines of not being able to sustain their burn rate.

It's also hard to argue that that AA was really print money on JFK-LAX in the couple of quarters before COVID hit. AA's performance on this route in late 2019 was not the same as what it was in 2016/2017.

If AA ends up operating just 772/787s on JFK-LAX, they will probably be down to 6 to 7x daily even when demand comes back in 2 or 3 years. Even that's a lot of seat to fill for an airline that had been chasing mostly premium traffic for all these years. They need to find a more appropriate solution for routes like JFK-LAX/SFO + MIA-LAX.

Cointrin330

Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:44 am

tphuang wrote:
Cointrin330 wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

AA lost $35 million a day in Q3 and B6 lost $6.1 million a day in Q3. Even the adjusted burn rate was around $43 million vs $7.5 million a day. Maybe this is not the right time for AA supporters to accuse other airlines of not being able to sustain their burn rate.

It's also hard to argue that that AA was really print money on JFK-LAX in the couple of quarters before COVID hit. AA's performance on this route in late 2019 was not the same as what it was in 2016/2017.

If AA ends up operating just 772/787s on JFK-LAX, they will probably be down to 6 to 7x daily even when demand comes back in 2 or 3 years. Even that's a lot of seat to fill for an airline that had been chasing mostly premium traffic for all these years. They need to find a more appropriate solution for routes like JFK-LAX/SFO + MIA-LAX.

You're comparing apples to oranges when looking at the burn rate across US airlines. AA is much bigger than B6, and while the cash burn rate is massive and not sustainable, neither is B6's, which is much smaller and does not have the capital to absorb that for a long time. The industry is going to see a lot more consolidation if the pandemic drags on, particularly if business travel remains soft for a few years. At that point, AA, UA, DL will be snapping up AS, B6, WN, and Spirit and Frontier will likely merge into one carrier themselves. While I think you raise some valid points, your posts are really all about wishing and praying AA away in NYC. There's no question AA squandered numerous opportunities in the NY market for decades and missed a big opportunity by resisting Chapter 11 after 9/11 to lower its costs and compete (and I'll be the first to say AA's product in that era was well worth skipping, and yes, AA does face the prospect of being what pre-merger UA was in the NY market (small, focused on hubs and not much else), but one thing you conveniently forget is the absence of deep corporate contracts B6 has compared to DL, UA, and yes, AA. Other than the ULCCs, airlines with a heavy focus on leisure don't succeed long term as stand alone airlines. It's not clear who will end up eating B6, but it will be UA or AA eventually.

MrPeanut

Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:59 am

Cointrin330 wrote:
MrPeanut wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

AA was printing money on JFK-LAX pre-COVID. SFO, less so. The AS numbers are not really meaningful as they're not really a competitor for the corporate dollar before the pandemic. The A321T is a niche product. It does not work in a low premium demand cycle we're in right now. The same can be said about those premium heavy UA 767s once they start operating. 2 x daily isn't much, but to be meaningful in the LAX marketplace, they'll eventually need to up that to 4 or 6 per day and that's not sustainable on the 767 in this environment. DL's numbers reflect its corporate contracts.

I’m not saying the route lost money pre-covid, but AA’s total revenue on the route versus DL/UA was less because they opted to pursue a higher revenue, lower volume model. Also, given the unique fleet configuration to run this route and cost associated with operating a sub-fleet that only worked for particular market pairs, this high revenue/low volume unique fleet model probably yielded worse results than had they stayed the course.

Now AA has not only given up share to competitors, but they cannot even fill the A321T’s designed to support this strategy because business demand is in the tanks for the next 12 to 18 months.

MrPeanut

Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:16 am

Cointrin330 wrote:
It's not clear who will end up eating B6, but it will be UA or AA eventually.

It can’t be AA. They have a negative book value. And let’s not forget the current AA was actually a merger between the solvent US and insolvent AA with the US management team taking over. The only reason why it is called American Airlines was because of the brand name recognition, not because AA swallowed up US.

tphuang

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:10 am

Cointrin330 wrote:
You're comparing apples to oranges when looking at the burn rate across US airlines. AA is much bigger than B6, and while the cash burn rate is massive and not sustainable, neither is B6's, which is much smaller and does not have the capital to absorb that for a long time. The industry is going to see a lot more consolidation if the pandemic drags on, particularly if business travel remains soft for a few years. At that point, AA, UA, DL will be snapping up AS, B6, WN, and Spirit and Frontier will likely merge into one carrier themselves.

sounds like I hit a touchy subject. AA was about 5.6 times size of JetBlue in terms of revenue pre-pandemic. By end of Q3, JetBlue's cash on hand - debt was -$1.7 billion. Do you think AA's cash on hand - debt is anywhere close to 5.6 x -1.7? Make your arguments. Accusing other airlines of burning too much cash is not a great argument for AA.

While I think you raise some valid points, your posts are really all about wishing and praying AA away in NYC. There's no question AA squandered numerous opportunities in the NY market for decades and missed a big opportunity by resisting Chapter 11 after 9/11 to lower its costs and compete (and I'll be the first to say AA's product in that era was well worth skipping, and yes, AA does face the prospect of being what pre-merger UA was in the NY market (small, focused on hubs and not much else), but one thing you conveniently forget is the absence of deep corporate contracts B6 has compared to DL, UA, and yes, AA. Other than the ULCCs, airlines with a heavy focus on leisure don't succeed long term as stand alone airlines. It's not clear who will end up eating B6, but it will be UA or AA eventually.
[/quote]

You have a habit of going completely off topic when responding to me. This diatribe is no exception.

In another year or two, we will probably find out how much AA will cut in NYC and rely on jetBlue to do its flying. I already made my predictions. Frankly, AA has not given me any indication to back off those predictions. If they do decide to retire A321T, that does not bode well for the number of flights they will operate on JFK-SFO/LAX. I would not be surprised if they end up flying 6 to 7x daily on JFK-LAX with wide bodies and completely exit JFK-SFO. You repeating B6 will be taken over will not change any of this.

DLX737200

Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:54 am

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I couldn't find anything by searching for it:

What is going on at ORD today? I know it's a new month and maybe it's part of a schedule change but why does AA only have flights to ORD from other hubs today? I couldn't find much of any non-hub flying from ORD.

jfk777

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 am

AA must be doing a good amount of Cargo between LAX and JFK, why else would they fly a 777 instead of an A321. If demand was low they would continue with the A321.

usflyer msp

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:00 am

DLX737200 wrote:
I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I couldn't find anything by searching for it:

What is going on at ORD today? I know it's a new month and maybe it's part of a schedule change but why does AA only have flights to ORD from other hubs today? I couldn't find much of any non-hub flying from ORD.

ORD and PHL are not hubs on Tue/Wed this winter.

DLX737200

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:11 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
DLX737200 wrote:

Wow! That's crazy! Then again, it's 2020 so I guess nothing should surprise me anymore. That must be nuts to see in person with how quiet AA concourses will be on those days.

Does anyone have the number of flights that puts ORD at, for example, when comparing yesterday and today? I'd be very interested in seeing that.

aerace

Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:20 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
DLX737200 wrote:

Although PHL is operating a lesser schedule, by all means it is very much a hub and still running 1x-2x regionals in addition to mainline. What is happening is AA cutting back PHL for the first three Wednesdays of the month which is much less a casualty than the hacking ORD received.

usflyer msp

Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:05 pm

aerace wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
DLX737200 wrote:

Although PHL is operating a lesser schedule, by all means it is very much a hub and still running 1x-2x regionals in addition to mainline. What is happening is AA cutting back PHL for the first three Wednesdays of the month which is much less a casualty than the hacking ORD received.

Look at January, PHL gets the same cuts that ORD already received.

Miamiairport

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:38 pm

That is nuts about ORD. When I was at ORD the week before Thanskgiving on a Thursday the terminal was packed to the gills, understanding it ebbs and follows with reduced banks.

Brickell305

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Miamiairport wrote:
That is nuts about ORD. When I was at ORD the week before Thanskgiving on a Thursday the terminal was packed to the gills, understanding it ebbs and follows with reduced banks.

ORD has been running like that since the COVID effect hit.

maps4ltd

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Crazy with ORD. I flew STL-ORD-ASE this past weekend and Concourse G was jammed. On flightradar24 it shows the flights as all cancelled, meaning they were scheduled to operate by American until very recently

toga998

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:48 pm

What's up with the DCA base today? Almost all Eagle flights have been cancelled, most of them operated by YX.

maps4ltd

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:49 pm

toga998 wrote:
What's up with the DCA base today? Almost all Eagle flights have been cancelled, most of them operated by YX.

Same with ORD. It's starting to look like the hacking Delta did over Thanksgiving (though that was crewing related).

MrPeanut

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:17 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
Miamiairport wrote:

ORD has been running like that since the COVID effect hit.

Yup. You can see what their current hub structure looks like in slide 9. It revolves around DFW, CLT, PHX, MIA.

https://americanairlines.gcs-web.com/static-files/88f398e7-f0a9-4981-befd-5a0b890beee4

SumChristianus

Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
DLX737200 wrote:

Has that ever been done before? Having hubs operate only a few days per week? I know most hubs change a lot on the weekend but it seems pretty drastic to cut down so much especially in such major cities. Maybe it dos allow CLT/DFW to operate more efficiently and there aren't any business travelers to have to worry about not offering options to, but still...!

Miamiairport

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:03 am

How AA is going to effectively and efficiently cut down to 4 hubs on a T/W is mind blowing. I have a flight tomorrow, Wednesday, and they are seeking bump volunteers for $400 (understanding volunteers might not be needed). I travel every week on a Tuesday or a Wednesday and every damn flight is packed to gills. It's not like AA is running with 60%-70% load factors. In the case of irregular operations AA is going to be hosed. The only positive thing is at least 2 of the 4 hubs aren't impacted with winter weather. Unless future bookings have totally fallen off the cliff.

usflyer msp

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:23 am

SumChristianus wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
DLX737200 wrote:

Has that ever been done before? Having hubs operate only a few days per week? I know most hubs change a lot on the weekend but it seems pretty drastic to cut down so much especially in such major cities. Maybe it dos allow CLT/DFW to operate more efficiently and there aren't any business travelers to have to worry about not offering options to, but still...!

The ex-US/HP team are experts at this type of variable scheduling. HP ran a day time hub in PHX and night time hub in LAS for years. Even after the HP/US merger they ran a flex schedule in PHX where there was an extra late bank of flights but only during peak weeks and only on SMThF. of those weeks.

maps4ltd

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:45 am

usflyer msp wrote:
DLX737200 wrote:

Everything looks on regarding ORD tomorrow for standard (or at least COVID-standard) hub ops. You sure it's not just Tuesday getting the axe?

travaz

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:06 pm

Monday I flew PIT to PHX and my flight from PIT to ORD ran so late I could not make the connection in ORD. The only option I was offered was PIT CLT PHX. PIT was a ghost town but CLT was packed wall to wall. The flight from PIT to CLT had about 40 Pax on a E175. The 321 from CLT to PHX was about 85% full.

Edit Typo

rjbesikof

Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:37 am

SEA-BLR just got loaded.
Also, they are going to downgauge SEA-PVG to a 789 to accommodate the BLR plane.
https://onemileatatime.com/american-air ... re-flight/
Here's to the start of a new Asia-Pacific hub.

maps4ltd

Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:03 am

When will the ex-LGA Eagle stuff come back, if ever (like STL-LGA, CMH-LGA, IND-LGA)? Has that stuff been permanently axed. Wikipedia seems to show it has. A shame if so.

MrPeanut

Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:11 am

rjbesikof wrote:
SEA-BLR just got loaded.
Also, they are going to downgauge SEA-PVG to a 789 to accommodate the BLR plane.

Interesting to read his comments on how he doesn’t think BLR will launch given where demand originates in the western US, and the launch of UA’s route from SFO.
Last edited by MrPeanut on Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ishrion

Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:12 am

maps4ltd wrote:
When will the ex-LGA Eagle stuff come back, if ever (like STL-LGA, CMH-LGA, IND-LGA)? Has that stuff been permanently axed. Wikipedia seems to show it has. A shame if so.

LGA-STL/CMH/IND all return February 11, subject to change as the date approaches.

rjbesikof

Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:29 am

MrPeanut wrote:
rjbesikof wrote:
SEA-BLR just got loaded.

Interesting to read his comments on how he doesn’t think BLR will launch given where demand originates in the western US, and the launch of UA’s route from SFO.

I also agree with the author in that SFO-BLR will perform much better than SEA-BLR. Do you think they will launch DEL once this is over?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos