IndianicWorld

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - January 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:39 am

travelhound wrote:
anstar wrote:
travelhound wrote:

As you state there are quite a few destinations in Asia that JQ could develop. With there being large groups of Asian resident populations living in Australia you would think JQ would be doing back flips to target these groups. Unfortunately, their core market seems to be centered around Caucasians.

Isn't their latest route OOL-ICN just that? I can't see it being operated for Australians to go to Korea... Its targeting Koreans coming to Australia just like the Tokyo flights target inbound tourists.

Not arguing with you, but (I suppose I am) if we go back ten years Jetstar were flying A330's out of Singapore. Somewhere along the continuum Jetstar (or QANTAS) decided the were going to put the Jetstar airlines into a holding mode.

Maybe Jetstar will start to grow again when the A321LR's arrive.

I still remember back to the days that JQ, DJ and Impulse came along and it was a near weekly game of what route comes next. Times certainly changed now, as it’s more likely to try and guess what route is being cut next.

Maybe I just look back on those times with a certain nostalgia, but it certainly was a time of huge change, nervousness but excitement mixed in too - AN collapsing certainly was a big hit but the opportunities it opened up where significant.

Seeing Impulse launch their MEL flights at T2 was an interesting sight, and just goes to show how things have changed as these days there is no way T2 could handle those flights given how busy it now is.

I honestly think the Australian market is fairly maxed out in terms of domestic growth options, and trying to initiate new international markets has its challenges too. It’s only a limited overall size that airlines can work with afterall, so usually they are just cutting into each other’s customer base to fill seats, as generating new demand becomes challenging.

I think that JQ receiving the A321XLR will allow them to be more creative with their route network, given the reduced risks of flying planes will less seats to fill. Ultimately, this is likely why a reduction in the 788 fleet will be on the agenda, given that the XLR will offer range to fly CNS-Japan and MEL/SYD far deeper into South East Asia.

EK413

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:10 pm

Ishrion wrote:
How have the fires been affecting flights? From what I’ve been seeing, it looks like it’s caused some flights to circle before landing and some to divert, assuming low visibility?

CBR airport was closed to all air traffic this afternoon due to poor visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

dredgy

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:46 pm

IndianicWorld wrote:
travelhound wrote:
anstar wrote:

I honestly think the Australian market is fairly maxed out in terms of domestic growth options

I don't, but some luck is involved. You need an entrant that's happy to take on some higher-risk routes, but you also need the luck for those first few risks to pay off so that they can get some footing.
Or you need the established players to be a bit ballsier and take on lower yielding markets.

Jetgo is a prime example - they did the TSV-ROK-OOL flights which were always packed (and dear God how I miss them) but they managed them poorly, got overambitious and couldn't make the airline as a whole work. But that particular route had the demand. And there's dozens more like that all across regional Australia.

tullamarine

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:01 am

dredgy wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:
travelhound wrote:

I don't, but some luck is involved. You need an entrant that's happy to take on some higher-risk routes, but you also need the luck for those first few risks to pay off so that they can get some footing.
Or you need the established players to be a bit ballsier and take on lower yielding markets.

Jetgo is a prime example - they did the TSV-ROK-OOL flights which were always packed (and dear God how I miss them) but they managed them poorly, got overambitious and couldn't make the airline as a whole work. But that particular route had the demand. And there's dozens more like that all across regional Australia.

The problem is that as the size of the aircraft, particularly jets, gets smaller, the CASK goes up so, unless you can charge premium fares and get great load factors, it is very hard to make money. For example when Kendall/AN was running its CRJ200s 20 years ago, it discovered it couldn't make money with a LF under 90% meaning it was basically unviable. I assume VA probably found the same thing with its E175s.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

SCFlyer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:07 am

dredgy wrote:
IndianicWorld wrote:
travelhound wrote:

The aircraft type to some extent played a role in Jetgo's failure.

The E140/145s whilst ideal for regional routes, but for regional airlines doing work on it's own (e.g using the regional jets on their own behalf and not on behalf of a "major carrier"), it would be pretty difficult to get a good mix of yield, even if they are able to fill the plane.

But then again even if they were using the smaller RJs as a feeder for a major, it could also be very tricky as well. As other posters outlined earlier, the KD/AN "partnership", even though KD was a a wholly owned subsidiary of AN had yield issues with their CRJ200s.

qf2220

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:30 am

Rex returned flights from Albury and Narrandera yesterday back to Sydney due to visibility. The evening Parkes flight was cancelled for the same. Im sure there were more but they were related to me by an affected passenger.

VapourTrails

Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:30 am

VA, TT and SQ were still operating at CBR on Sunday afternoon and evening.

qf2048

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:00 am

qf2220 wrote:
Rex returned flights from Albury and Narrandera yesterday back to Sydney due to visibility. The evening Parkes flight was cancelled for the same. Im sure there were more but they were related to me by an affected passenger.

I saw the Narrandera flight of Flightradar about to land back in SYD last night. Thought it was a glitch with Flightradar. Thanks for the info! The PKS flight always seems to get shafted, even on a good day. Quite often they combine it with the BHS flight making it a milk run.
ZL,QF,KE,BA,AS,CX,FR,U2,W6,EI,IB,JL,AY,LH,AA,AC,FQ,DJ,JQ,LA,FJ,QS,NZ,NF,SB,PG,EK,AB,VA,MH,KA,VN

EK413

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:01 am

VapourTrails wrote:
VA, TT and SQ were still operating at CBR on Sunday afternoon and evening.

The following flights cancelled due to conditions at CBR.

6 SYDCBR
3 BNECBR
3 MELCBR

VapourTrails

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:04 am

Passengers describe flying through fire-generated cloud on Melbourne-to-Canberra flight
Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-05/ ... s/11842038

From the article: "It was orange outside of the window, then suddenly it was black, and then the turbulence hit," she said. Qantas fleet safety captain Debbie Slade said pilots reacted quickly to hitting the unexpected turbulence. The pilots ascended to a higher altitude before taking a different approach into Canberra, where the aircraft had a normal landing," she said. Mr McIntyre said the plane's passage through the cloud felt as though it went on for minutes, but was likely shorter than that. Because it was so dark outside, it was just hard to get a gauge on exactly what was happening," he said. It wasn't until we got back on track that we got a voiceover from the captain. They said it just did not come up on the radar at all. One minute we were in daylight, the next, it was midnight."

This is concerning. Was a QF flight, don't know which one or what day. When I flew this route recently, with the same airline I saw what was IMHO, a pyroCB. I took this photo after I saw the flames. The Captain didn't make any announcement on this flight specifically about the fires as I recall, but I did smell the smoke about 20 minutes from scheduled landing this time (I had flown earlier that month when a bushfire smoke announcement was made).

This would have been in the area of the Snowy Mountains. Taken on QF818, 30 December 2019.

CraigAnderson

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 am

Qantas could be forced to add a Singapore fuel stop to QF9, making it not quite non-stop from Perth to London, as a result of rerouting the flight to avoid Iranian airspace.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... 787-flight

Fuling

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:03 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Qantas could be forced to add a Singapore fuel stop to QF9, making it not quite non-stop from Perth to London, as a result of rerouting the flight to avoid Iranian airspace.

QF9 has taken a track straight up India, Central Asia and north of Ukraine before. Why wouldn't QF use this routing again? Are winds stronger this time of year causing the reduced PAX load?

CraigAnderson

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:11 am

Qantas statement at https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/qanta ... ght-paths/

COMMENTS
We’re adjusting our flight paths over the Middle East to avoid the airspace over Iraq and Iran until further notice.

BACKGROUND
Flight QF9 (Perth-London) and QF10 (London-Perth) are the only Qantas flights affected by this change.
The altered flight path increases flying time by about 40-50 minutes on QF9. As a result, we will need to reduce the numbers passengers on board in order to carry more fuel.
Despite the altered route, QF10 will operate with a full passenger load and the same flight time due to prevailing winds.
Qantas’s other flights to and from London (QF1/2) are unaffected as they operate through an alternative flight path.

CraigAnderson

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:35 am

Update, QF tells Executive Traveller that HKG is also being considered as a temporary fuel stop for QF9.

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:47 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
Update, QF tells Executive Traveller that HKG is also being considered as a temporary fuel stop for QF9.

What? This is ridiculous. HKG really. BKK would be an obvious better alternative.

BTW both on the 31st of Dec and 1st of Jan QF9 flew either right over or near SIN so I think there is some things were the truth is being stretched a bit and the longest flight in the past month has flown through the ME. What this situation does do is reduce optimal flight route but if HKG is being offered as a refueling stop are PVG and NRT next?
Forum Moderator

Ishrion

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:49 am

qf789 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

What? This is ridiculous. HKG really. BKK would be an obvious better alternative.

BTW both on the 31st of Dec and 1st of Jan QF9 flew either right over or near SIN so I think there is some things were the truth is being stretched a bit and the longest flight in the past month has flown through the ME. What this situation does do is reduce optimal flight route but if HKG is being offered as a refueling stop are PVG and NRT next?

Lower landing costs considering less flights into HKG?

CraigAnderson

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 am

qf789 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

The exact QF quote to Executive Traveller is "temporarily routing QF9 through Asia..... this would mean a fuel stop in a city like Singapore or Hong Kong" so BKK could also be a possibility.

SYDSpotter

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:19 am

qf789 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

I think this is just the Qantas "spokesperson" listing out example cities in Asia, not narrowing down the actual places where the refuelling will happen.

This is a quote from the statement: "This would mean a fuel stop in a city like Singapore or Hong Kong but it would enable us to still carry a full load of passengers on these heavily-booked flights..."

HKG would also be problematic because of slot constraints, I think it'll end up being SIN.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

RyanairGuru

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:28 am

HKG doesn't make much sense, but the advantage of SIN (or HKG) over somewhere like DEL, which would be the most direct route, is that MEL (or BNE or SYD) originating pax could be rebooked via the intermediate point so it is still only one-stop. I'm not sure what the impact would be on the crew duty, but if a crew change was required it would also make sense to do it in a large outstation like SIN (or HKG).
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Fuling

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:32 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
HKG doesn't make much sense, but the advantage of SIN (or HKG) over somewhere like DEL, which would be the most direct route, is that MEL (or BNE or SYD) originating pax could be rebooked via the intermediate point so it is still only one-stop. I'm not sure what the impact would be on the crew duty, but if a crew change was required it would also make sense to do it in a large outstation like SIN (or HKG).

Perhaps that's why HKG was mentioned as they could rotate crew easier from MEL.

CraigAnderson

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:35 am

Fuling wrote:
Perhaps that's why HKG was mentioned as they could rotate crew easier from MEL.

Yes, that makes sense. Still will take some of the shine off QF9, not just for PER-LHR passengers but especially MEL-PER-LHR, you'd reckon many pax flying ex-MEL may want to change to MEL-SIN-LHR on the A380.

EK413

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:56 am

I know it’s not Aviation related but thought it’s appropriate to post and raise awareness the shear devastation Australia is facing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7DjuwRBd3_ ... 18bsreo5rs

Delete if you feel not appropriate.

Captdasbomb

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 pm

qf789 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

I wonder if they will refund the premium they are charging for the none stop.Positive is empty middle seat in cattle class

Captdasbomb

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:24 am

VH-NHY slide off the runway on landing in Newman this morning. Couple of FIFO flights have turned back to Perth mid flight

A350OZ

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:58 am

Re QF9/10, they should run it MEL-SIN-LHR-PER-MEL, with PER-originating pax flying up to SIN on QF77 to connect. Not great, but it would mean impact on the timetable and disruption could be minimised, and also considering that the utilisation of these aircraft is quite tight given it rotates with the MEL-LAX/SFO flights. QF77 PER-SIN would probably need to be upgraded to an A330 though.

moa999

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:04 am

Captdasbomb wrote:
VH-NHY slide off the runway on landing in Newman this morning. Couple of FIFO flights have turned back to Perth mid flight

That will stuff up mine operations for a bit.

60m overrun.
https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... eavy-rain/
Last edited by moa999 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captdasbomb

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:06 am

A350OZ wrote:
Re QF9/10, they should run it MEL-SIN-LHR-PER-MEL, with PER-originating pax flying up to SIN on QF77 to connect. Not great, but it would mean impact on the timetable and disruption could be minimised, and also considering that the utilisation of these aircraft is quite tight given it rotates with the MEL-LAX/SFO flights. QF77 PER-SIN would probably need to be upgraded to an A330 though.

QF10 can ditchPER-MEL & do QF77

Captdasbomb

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:08 am

moa999 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:

Good thing Marble Bar road is flooded. So most still stuck on site

zkncj

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:51 am

I know that OOL is in the process of extending there main terminal and building an new board control process area (but that is still an white a way from being opened).

I have some shockers at OOL in the past, but this morning was an new low coming in on TR6, it took close to 90minutes from landing to being land side (and there was still hundreds behind me), there was an an JQ flight in from AKL too.

It doesn’t seem to be the greatest first impression for overseas visitors to Australia, I really don’t see how OOL has been allowed to operate in such an limited way.

How is OOL allowed to take 787/a330s when they don’t have the ability to process the passengers in an reasonable time frame? 50minutes for bag to to arrive is pretty poor for an small airportZ

F100Flyer

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:04 am

moa999 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:

60m overrun.
https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... eavy-rain/

Maybe Geoffrey Thomas jumped the gun a bit on safest airline of 2020 :duck:

EK413

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:28 am

Captdasbomb wrote:
A350OZ wrote:

QF10 can ditchPER-MEL & do QF77

Sources have indicated BKK as the preferred stop over.

smi0006

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:30 am

Captdasbomb wrote:
qf789 wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

I wonder if they will refund the premium they are charging for the none stop.Positive is empty middle seat in cattle class

Let’s see how many actually divert. Executive traveller likes to laden their articles with opinions, and ‘suggestions’ from press release- as opposed to clear facts.

I’d imagine pax who have on-carriage after LHR maybe the first to be offered to move, CDG,FRA etc, via DXB. Still remains one stop to final destination for them. Followed by those that paid the least for their ticket. I don’t believe there is a set premium amount for QF9 just what QF is able to charge so nothing to refund.

tullamarine

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:31 am

smi0006 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Let’s see how many actually divert. Executive traveller likes to laden their articles with opinions, and ‘suggestions’ from press release- as opposed to clear facts.

I’d imagine pax who have on-carriage after LHR maybe the first to be offered to move, CDG,FRA etc, via DXB. Still remains one stop to final destination for them. Followed by those that paid the least for their ticket. I don’t believe there is a set premium amount for QF9 just what QF is able to charge so nothing to refund.

Given crewing issues they have to decide on the stop in advance. It cannot be decided on the fly (excuse the pun). If they decide to add the stop, it will be for a set period as they will be adding crew. The cabin crew on QF9/10 are LHR based so if BKK is added they will turnaround there and the PER-BKK sector will be AU crew. The flight crew are AU based but there will need to be adjustments to crewing for them also. I would assume MEL-PER-BKK would be one crew with a new crew on BKK-LHR.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

RyanairGuru

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:51 am

tullamarine wrote:
smi0006 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:

Given crewing issues they have to decide on the stop in advance. It cannot be decided on the fly (excuse the pun). If they decide to add the stop, it will be for a set period as they will be adding crew. The cabin crew on QF9/10 are LHR based so if BKK is added they will turnaround there and the PER-BKK sector will be AU crew. The flight crew are AU based but there will need to be adjustments to crewing for them also. I would assume MEL-PER-BKK would be one crew with a new crew on BKK-LHR.

They've already confirmed that it would be non-stop LHR-PER, so the hypothetical crew duty would be LHR-PER/slip/PER-BKK/slip/BKK-LHR.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

a320fan

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:12 am

smi0006 wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:
qf789 wrote:

EK seem to be happy to still route over Iraq and Iran based on watching FR24 today. So all they would be doing is offloading pax and likely sending them straight over the areas they changed the routings to avoid if they move them to EK.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

a320fan

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:22 am

zkncj wrote:
I know that OOL is in the process of extending there main terminal and building an new board control process area (but that is still an white a way from being opened).

I have some shockers at OOL in the past, but this morning was an new low coming in on TR6, it took close to 90minutes from landing to being land side (and there was still hundreds behind me), there was an an JQ flight in from AKL too.

It doesn’t seem to be the greatest first impression for overseas visitors to Australia, I really don’t see how OOL has been allowed to operate in such an limited way.

How is OOL allowed to take 787/a330s when they don’t have the ability to process the passengers in an reasonable time frame? 50minutes for bag to to arrive is pretty poor for an small airportZ

For the amount of Traffic OOL moves, they should have a real two level terminal building. not the claustrophobic cluttered mess they have now, improved terminal facilities could also draw other carriers to the airport and bring more premium passengers to the Gold Coast region. Something similar to Adelaides terminal should fit in the airport quite well. One end can be a real two level terminal building with jetways, international on one level and domestic on the other similar to how some European airports separate Schengen from non Schengen, or swing gates. QF, VA and international can use that more premium end and the other end can be similar to the current layout, single level departures and arrivals with hard stands for JQ and TT.

I could see QR being drawn to better facilities to serve SEQ in lieu of rights to BNE.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

Velocity7

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:39 am

a320fan wrote:
zkncj wrote:

For the amount of Traffic OOL moves, they should have a real two level terminal building. not the claustrophobic cluttered mess they have now, improved terminal facilities could also draw other carriers to the airport and bring more premium passengers to the Gold Coast region. Something similar to Adelaides terminal should fit in the airport quite well. One end can be a real two level terminal building with jetways, international on one level and domestic on the other similar to how some European airports separate Schengen from non Schengen, or swing gates. QF, VA and international can use that more premium end and the other end can be similar to the current layout, single level departures and arrivals with hard stands for JQ and TT.

I could see QR being drawn to better facilities to serve SEQ in lieu of rights to BNE.

I recently had some friends from Malaysia visit Australia for the first time and they decide to arrive via OOL instead of BNE. What an absolute cluster and to be honest, I was embarrassed that this was their first impression of Australia. It is a terrible facility
And agree on the ADL concept - I reckon that would be a really good solution for OOL

SYDSpotter

Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:47 am

a320fan wrote:
improved terminal facilities could also draw other carriers to the airport and bring more premium passengers to the Gold Coast region.

Not really, MNL is a perfect case. It's a shocking airport, yet plenty of 'premium' carriers still fly there. It's not a case of build it and they will come. If there is a market there, airlines will fly there.

It's those airports that are trying to attract transit passengers that need to up their game when it comes to airport facilities, hence you see SIN/HKG/ICN try and outdo each other in terms of airport experience.

SYD has got terrible facilities vs SIN, but that doesn't stop plenty of foreign carriers from wanting to fly into SYD.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

FL420FT

Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:36 am

QF has to apply to CASA to allow the reroute of 9 to fly via SIN ...
They are hopeful that this will be done by this Saturday (11JAN)

IndianicWorld

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 am

SYDSpotter wrote:
a320fan wrote:
improved terminal facilities could also draw other carriers to the airport and bring more premium passengers to the Gold Coast region.

Not really, MNL is a perfect case. It's a shocking airport, yet plenty of 'premium' carriers still fly there. It's not a case of build it and they will come. If there is a market there, airlines will fly there.

It's those airports that are trying to attract transit passengers that need to up their game when it comes to airport facilities, hence you see SIN/HKG/ICN try and outdo each other in terms of airport experience.

SYD has got terrible facilities vs SIN, but that doesn't stop plenty of foreign carriers from wanting to fly into SYD.

Well said.

It is a commonly used argument that airports here should build statement pieces of architecture and suddenly it would attract vast amounts of service. One doesn’t necessarily equal the other.

I would like to see airports here think a bit outside the box though, but the economic realities for the investor market dictate the outcomes we get.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:30 am

Going around AA rumour mill is BNE-LAX

https://twitter.com/xjonnyc/status/1215 ... 10176?s=21
Forum Moderator

SCFlyer

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:56 am

qf789 wrote:

Can't see AA taking over QF55/56. Currently BNE is x10 LAX which increases to x12-x13 weekly during the Qld School Holidays.

Adding x7 frequencies (ORD/SFO) and also retaining the x10 existing LAX frequencies (although transferring some LAX frequencies to AA) would be a 'massive' (unsustainable?) increase for BNE to West Coast USA (e.g going from x10 to x17) which would likely dilute yields.

BNE with the lower high yielding base when compared to the traditional larger southern capitals of SYD and MEL wouldn't be able to generate the yield to sustain 10x LAX, 3x SFO and 4x ORD at the same time.

IndianicWorld

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:44 am

Don’t get too excited by those rumours.

The same guy had been staring with confidence that AA were going to announce MEL-LAX only a couple of months ago.

Btw, isn’t BNE-LAX going back to daily once the new SFO/ORD services start flying?

QF have stated they will look to increase BNE-ORD/SFO frequencies once the time is right, so who knows what they have in store. AA taking over BNE-LAX could work, but overall, too hard to tell in a market that is becoming even more competitive as time goes on.

IndianicWorld

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:58 am

In other news, another forum seems to have details around daily DPS-AVV flights by Citilink Indonesia starting later this month. It is a very tight lead in time to try and sell a daily frequency, especially with no promotion of the flights.

No announcements have been made to confirm this by the airline or the airport, which seems at odds particularly around AVV’s PR strategy which tends to highlight these routes fairly strongly to get news coverage.

The only news that the airline seems to have posted about is a recent twitter entry on the 31st December stating Melbourne flights are coming in 2020, which was:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Citilink/sta ... 3578704897

CraigAnderson

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:27 pm

According to AJ, even if Project Sunrise goes ahead Qantas will also retain PER-LHR and SYD-SIN-LHR.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... se-flights

CraigAnderson

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 pm

qf789 wrote:

This guy has made several predictions for AA which have turned out to be totally wrong. Even is he is right this time you know what they say about the accuracy of a broken watch!

CraigAnderson

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:31 pm

QF to replace the MEL-PER leg of QF9 with an A330 on Tuesdays as of Feb 11, apparently due to the B787 being needed for BNE-SFO

https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com ... 9-mel-per/

Ishrion

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:13 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

This guy has made several predictions for AA which have turned out to be totally wrong. Even is he is right this time you know what they say about the accuracy of a broken watch!

IndianicWorld wrote:

The same guy had been staring with confidence that AA were going to announce MEL-LAX only a couple of months ago.

Sure, Jon has been wrong on a few rumors, but don’t forget about the true rumors he leaked months in advance.

ORD-KRK, PHL-CMN, DFW-AKL, LAX-CHC, DFW-MUC/DUB, the return to TLV, etc.

The list goes on.

A350OZ

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:28 am

IndianicWorld wrote:
In other news, another forum seems to have details around daily DPS-AVV flights by Citilink Indonesia starting later this month. It is a very tight lead in time to try and sell a daily frequency, especially with no promotion of the flights.

No announcements have been made to confirm this by the airline or the airport, which seems at odds particularly around AVV’s PR strategy which tends to highlight these routes fairly strongly to get news coverage.

The only news that the airline seems to have posted about is a recent twitter entry on the 31st December stating Melbourne flights are coming in 2020, which was:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Citilink/sta ... 3578704897

That's interesting, and I hadn't heard this before. When going onto the Citilink website, AVV will come up as a destination in their booking engine, but no flights loaded yet. Surely their A320neo can make it to either DPS (most likely) or CGK?

A350OZ

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:32 am

Ishrion wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

IndianicWorld wrote:

Sure, Jon has been wrong on a few rumors, but don’t forget about the true rumors he leaked months in advance.

ORD-KRK, PHL-CMN, DFW-AKL, LAX-CHC, DFW-MUC/DUB, the return to TLV, etc.

The list goes on.

I agree with Ishrion, if you follow him and his leaks across the wider AA business (not only new routes) it is clear that he is very well connected somehow, or likely 'on the inside' himself.

On the other hand, additional capacity into BNE seems overkill given the QF capacity changes. But we will see, some announcement from AA is overdue.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos