Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

baje427

Re: Caribbean Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:08 pm

Looks like LI is already running into trouble having to suspend service to BGI and SVD. On another note VS is operating the A350 to BGI today from LHR along with a 789 from MAN.

https://barbadostoday.bb/2020/12/05/lia ... tinations/

caribny

Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:42 pm

baje427 wrote:
Looks like LI is already running into trouble having to suspend service to BGI and SVD. On another note VS is operating the A350 to BGI today from LHR along with a 789 from MAN.

Just Caribbean bureaucracy. Especially to SVD which falls under the ECCAA. If it can fly elsewhere why not SVD?

Brickell305

Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:23 pm

caribny wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Just Caribbean bureaucracy. Especially to SVD which falls under the ECCAA. If it can fly elsewhere why not SVD?

Agreed on the bureaucracy point. This should be resolved quickly. Just to note though, ECCAA does not grant route rights. That would fall under the realm of the local civil aviation ministry. I’m not sure why LI would need to renew anything though. AFAIK, this LI is the same as before i.e. not a newly restructured company.

caribny

Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:20 am

Brickell305 wrote:
caribny wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Agreed on the bureaucracy point. This should be resolved quickly. Just to note though, ECCAA does not grant route rights. That would fall under the realm of the local civil aviation ministry. I’m not sure why LI would need to renew anything though. AFAIK, this LI is the same as before i.e. not a newly restructured company.

Its still LIAT 1974. The carriers currently out of BGI arent doing routes up north, which LI is now doing (and will add EIS and maybe SJU in short order). LI has negligible frequencies from BGI to SVD so I see no reason why anyone should object.

baje427

Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:37 am

caribny wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
caribny wrote:

Its still LIAT 1974. The carriers currently out of BGI arent doing routes up north, which LI is now doing (and will add EIS and maybe SJU in short order). LI has negligible frequencies from BGI to SVD so I see no reason why anyone should object.

Well LI has not provided any of its BGI staff with severance so perhaps this is a bit of pressure being applied.

caribny

Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:47 pm

baje427 wrote:
caribny wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

Well LI has not provided any of its BGI staff with severance so perhaps this is a bit of pressure being applied.

Seems counterproductive. If LI doesnt have revenue, or other funding sources how will they fund severance? They clearly do not have cash lying around. If the Administrator is correct and that he is looking at 2 "serious" investment proposals how will that look if 2 of LI's largest markets are closed? ANU isnt going to use their taxpayer funds for Bajans when they cannot do it for their own.

LimaFoxTango

Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:51 pm

baje427 wrote:
caribny wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

So therefore you agree that this is nothing more than political posturing? How is sabotaging the operations of LI make severance be paid any faster?
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

gunnerman

Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:00 pm

JetBlue will this Friday inaugurate its 4x weekly JFK-GEO flights using the 321, departing 1540 and arriving 5h 33m later at 2213. The return flights depart at 2359 arriving 0456 the next day. Eastern Airlines and Caribbean Airlines also operate nonstops on this route.

maverick4002

Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:24 am

gunnerman wrote:
JetBlue will this Friday inaugurate its 4x weekly JFK-GEO flights using the 321, departing 1540 and arriving 5h 33m later at 2213. The return flights depart at 2359 arriving 0456 the next day. Eastern Airlines and Caribbean Airlines also operate nonstops on this route.

I thought it was down to 2x with a stop in Puerto Rico?

Brickell305

Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:25 am

maverick4002 wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

I thought it was down to 2x with a stop in Puerto Rico?

2x weekly with a stop in SJU begins in January and lasts through mid February.

GUYAIR707

Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:58 am

gunnerman wrote:

American is selling nonstop tickets from JFK-GEO from January 5th. So that will make 4 airlines on that route. Somethings gotta give.

GUYAIR707

Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:10 am

Brickell305 wrote:
Taken from the VS thread:

https://demerarawaves.com/2020/11/04/vi ... -on-cards/

VS has apparently applied to start flights to GEO. Quite surprising IMO as:

a) that market isn’t big
b) VS usually focuses on the more tourism based markets and avoids the VFR routes in the Caribbean

I guess they are seeking to get as much revenue ex Caribbean as possible and a hypothetical tag from BGI for example, is not that risky. We see this with them adding SVD as well.

This may be partly the reason, but Exxon charters entire A330s and B787s to transport their staff from LON to GEO so maybe oil and gas related.

caribny

Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:02 am

GUYAIR707 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
Taken from the VS thread:

https://demerarawaves.com/2020/11/04/vi ... -on-cards/

VS has apparently applied to start flights to GEO. Quite surprising IMO as:

a) that market isn’t big
b) VS usually focuses on the more tourism based markets and avoids the VFR routes in the Caribbean

I guess they are seeking to get as much revenue ex Caribbean as possible and a hypothetical tag from BGI for example, is not that risky. We see this with them adding SVD as well.

This may be partly the reason, but Exxon charters entire A330s and B787s to transport their staff from LON to GEO so maybe oil and gas related.

How often do these charters fly? Will VS do this route without demanding a subsidy from the GEO gov't? That is what VS is now doing. They demanded this from SLU, a much larger market than GEO, and when SLU refused they exited. ANU agreed to pay a subsidy, but balked when VS demanded even more. I guess without ANU VS would have been left with just BGI as GND isnt enough to stand on its own, especially with BA on the scene.

I would take it more seriously if BA was in talks for GEO. VS is a leisure carrier, unlike BA which also focuses on the business segment.

TriniA340

Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:14 am

Caribbean Airlines' 9Y-JMD departed Piarco for the last time this morning (returning to lessor).
· longer · larger · farther · faster · higher · quieter · smoother ·

caribny

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:53 pm

TriniA340 wrote:
Caribbean Airlines' 9Y-JMD departed Piarco for the last time this morning (returning to lessor).

So just 9 jets left. I assume that T&T will reopen at some point next year so clearly the BW which emerges will be much smaller than it was pre Covid as I do not think that the MAX will be put in service in the very near future, given customer skepticism. In fact I foresee that BW will lose ground into GEO with the arrival of B6 and Westjet looking to enter the YYZ GEO route. EA will remain due to its liberal baggage allowance which it can offer as it uses 763s.

TriniA340

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:49 am

caribny wrote:
So just 9 jets left.

Ten. Not much smaller really. Yeah, the competition is getting tougher and tougher. They really need the Max to be able to go head to head with the N.A. carriers.

Brickell305

Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:35 am

TriniA340 wrote:
caribny wrote:
So just 9 jets left.

Ten. Not much smaller really. Yeah, the competition is getting tougher and tougher. They really need the Max to be able to go head to head with the N.A. carriers.

I think BW will be fine out of POS competition wise. American carriers are likely to retrench from POS at least in the short term once traffic resumes e.g. AA is currently scheduling only 3x weekly thru mid-February. I also don’t see B6 returning on FLL-POS in the short term. UA will likely stay off or greatly reduce EWR-POS in the short term as well. I think the biggest cuts are likely to be ex KIN. I think the regional routes out of KIN (GCM, NAS) have to be on thin ice. The North America routes (MIA, YYZ, JFK) can’t be far behind.

GEO will be tougher for BW now. AA is scheduling JFK-GEO daily from January. B6 has started it as well albeit with a very uncompetitive schedule from mid January to February. The added competition with reduced traffic will hurt big time.

When POS does reopen, I don’t think FLL or MCO return right away. JFK is unlikely to be 3x daily as in the past and YYZ likely sees reductions as well. That likely relieves a lot of the pressure on a reduced fleet until demand returns and new jets arrive.

caribny

Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:25 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
TriniA340 wrote:
caribny wrote:
So just 9 jets left.

I think BW will be fine out of POS competition wise. American carriers are likely to retrench from POS at least in the short term once traffic resumes e.g. AA is currently scheduling only 3x weekly thru mid-February. I also don’t see B6 returning on FLL-POS in the short term. UA will likely stay off or greatly reduce EWR-POS in the short term as well. I think the biggest cuts are likely to be ex KIN. I think the regional routes out of KIN (GCM, NAS) have to be on thin ice. The North America routes (MIA, YYZ, JFK) can’t be far behind.

GEO will be tougher for BW now. AA is scheduling JFK-GEO daily from January. B6 has started it as well albeit with a very uncompetitive schedule from mid January to February. The added competition with reduced traffic will hurt big time.

When POS does reopen, I don’t think FLL or MCO return right away. JFK is unlikely to be 3x daily as in the past and YYZ likely sees reductions as well. That likely relieves a lot of the pressure on a reduced fleet until demand returns and new jets arrive.

The only route that makes sense ex KIN will be JFK, aside from its Eastern Caribbean routes. BW has already shut down their SoFL KIN routes. YYZ KIN as well as the JFK MBJ also shut down, except for a Xmas season return. I do not see how busy routes like these can be run seasonally given the overall dominance of AC and B6. If they are gone they should remain out. NAS can run as it was pre Covid and that is an extension thru KIN from POS. GCM was a mistake from the beginning, given the dominance of KX which BW couldnt match. But I do think that if InterCarib cooperates some kind of arrangement with BW can be designed where BW brings people from POS/BGI/GEO and the latter takes them on to GCM/PAP/NAS/PLS/BZE. Their planes are smaller so allow higher frequencies.

BW has a problem. It lacks the flash of B6 or the "prestige" of AA with its ample FF program. It cannot compete with EA in the low end of the market as it has the wrong planes so cannot offer 3 heavy bags, or the low fares. So with 4 carriers on the JFK GEO I see BW being squeezed out. Many Guyanese are angry with their exploitative high fares when they had a monopoly, as well as the snafus when intransit thru POS. Complaints were made but BW didnt respond. MAX isnt a response unless AA also uses these planes. The best response will be if BW is made into a "Guyanese" airline with some Guyanese inflight crews and products inflight, this to appeal to some nationalism. Not sure if they will reintroduce their meal/beverage service post Covid.

An issue will be that T&Ts economy will be likely depressed post Covid, whereas GEOs will be quite buoyant as it benefits from its new oil sector. While a $40 price hurts T&T (especially with low gas prices and less production) it doesnt GEO because as they say 0+40=40. There was a reason that the GEO fares were so high, even as the loads were also high and that is because these were necessary to offset the lower fares ex POS to JFK/YYZ. This is why BW used to be so vocal in its praise for its JFK/GEO run, which had increased to 10x weekly before AA entered the market. Maybe POS will see higher yields with B6 off the FLL POS and reduced on the JFK POS, and with the Canadian carriers also reducing service.

baje427

Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:02 pm

caribny wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
TriniA340 wrote:

The only route that makes sense ex KIN will be JFK, aside from its Eastern Caribbean routes. BW has already shut down their SoFL KIN routes. YYZ KIN as well as the JFK MBJ also shut down, except for a Xmas season return. I do not see how busy routes like these can be run seasonally given the overall dominance of AC and B6. If they are gone they should remain out. NAS can run as it was pre Covid and that is an extension thru KIN from POS. GCM was a mistake from the beginning, given the dominance of KX which BW couldnt match. But I do think that if InterCarib cooperates some kind of arrangement with BW can be designed where BW brings people from POS/BGI/GEO and the latter takes them on to GCM/PAP/NAS/PLS/BZE. Their planes are smaller so allow higher frequencies.

BW has a problem. It lacks the flash of B6 or the "prestige" of AA with its ample FF program. It cannot compete with EA in the low end of the market as it has the wrong planes so cannot offer 3 heavy bags, or the low fares. So with 4 carriers on the JFK GEO I see BW being squeezed out. Many Guyanese are angry with their exploitative high fares when they had a monopoly, as well as the snafus when intransit thru POS. Complaints were made but BW didnt respond. MAX isnt a response unless AA also uses these planes. The best response will be if BW is made into a "Guyanese" airline with some Guyanese inflight crews and products inflight, this to appeal to some nationalism. Not sure if they will reintroduce their meal/beverage service post Covid.

An issue will be that T&Ts economy will be likely depressed post Covid, whereas GEOs will be quite buoyant as it benefits from its new oil sector. While a $40 price hurts T&T (especially with low gas prices and less production) it doesnt GEO because as they say 0+40=40. There was a reason that the GEO fares were so high, even as the loads were also high and that is because these were necessary to offset the lower fares ex POS to JFK/YYZ. This is why BW used to be so vocal in its praise for its JFK/GEO run, which had increased to 10x weekly before AA entered the market. Maybe POS will see higher yields with B6 off the FLL POS and reduced on the JFK POS, and with the Canadian carriers also reducing service.

BW will probably end up shrinking to servicing POS ex YYZ,MIA,JFK and maybe IAH along with its regional flights. The GEO competition is going to be stiff and probably unprofitable with so many carriers. Although who knows how long this new iteration of EA will last which would give BW some breathing room. I don't get the impression POS will be reopening anytime soon.

caribny

Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:58 pm

baje427 wrote:
BW will probably end up shrinking to servicing POS ex YYZ,MIA,JFK and maybe IAH along with its regional flights. The GEO competition is going to be stiff and probably unprofitable with so many carriers. Although who knows how long this new iteration of EA will last which would give BW some breathing room. I don't get the impression POS will be reopening anytime soon.

EA looks as if they will be around this time. They definitely have a niche on the JFK GEO. I can see that their MIA GEO might stop, as it is a more premium route than JFK. They are expanding into other markets even in the midst of the pandemic.

The IAH is likely premised on connectivity to GEO. Right now UA and other carriers run periodic charters on the IAH GEO route. Just as BWs HAV route is really oriented to GEO. Pity that just as GEO seems to be on the brink of significant growth BW might well be squeezed out after sticking around when no one else wanted to.

maverick4002

Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:50 am

Some people just never have anything not negative to say about BW huh. Always doom and gloom

STS133

Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:35 pm

maverick4002 wrote:
Some people just never have anything not negative to say about BW huh. Always doom and gloom

Rarely has BW proven to be anything other than doom and gloom :)

caribny

Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:01 pm

maverick4002 wrote:

Well you must admit that their immediate future doesn't look good. Locked out of KIN now only doing JFK KIN. GEO increasingly competitive and POS closed indefinitely. Where is the good news? Folks using AA/B6 on the JFK GEO will be those who used to fly BW.

No one wants the EA crowd with their 3 70lb bags and their demands for rock bottom fares. I understand that check in for EA is like a Tyler Perry movie except its a plane load of Madeas and her kin arriving with 10 suitcases.

GUYAIR707

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:10 pm

Flew into GEO yesterday and noticed a BW parked on the far side of the runway and an Eastern on the ramp alongside the terminal. Does eastern and BW overnight their aircraft at GEO? Or maybe technical issues?

Brickell305

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:31 pm

maverick4002 wrote:

If doom and gloom were appropriate for BW, it would be now. They have three gateways to the US (Trinidad, Jamaica, Guyana). Of those three, their largest and strongest has been closed for more than half a year. Jamaica has been open for months but they have barely been serving US-Jamaica. Regional flights to Jamaica have also been bare. Guyana has reopened recently and they now face more competition there than they ever have. The Barbados regional base has been faring poorly as intra-regional demand remains at anemic levels which may continue for who knows how long. I don’t see anything that’s worth being optimistic about. Hopefully, POS opens soon enough and there’s a strong rebound in travel there. Failing that, BW will be in a bad way for a long time.

TriniA340

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:03 pm

GUYAIR707 wrote:
Flew into GEO yesterday and noticed a BW parked on the far side of the runway and an Eastern on the ramp alongside the terminal. Does eastern and BW overnight their aircraft at GEO? Or maybe technical issues?

Overnight. Currently, two are being based there to do the GEO-YYZ & GEO-JFK flights.

LimaFoxTango

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:07 pm

GUYAIR707 wrote:

There is an EA aircraft there for a week now having had engine issues after takeoff.

caribny

Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:43 pm

GUYAIR707 wrote:

BW doesnt want to fly an empty 738 to POS so the flight continues on with an ATR. Their YYZ/JFK flights have to have a POS tag on for route right purposes. I guess these are to bring in crews and the few passengers travelling in/out of POS.

caribny

Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
maverick4002 wrote:

If doom and gloom were appropriate for BW, it would be now. They have three gateways to the US (Trinidad, Jamaica, Guyana). Of those three, their largest and strongest has been closed for more than half a year. Jamaica has been open for months but they have barely been serving US-Jamaica. Regional flights to Jamaica have also been bare. Guyana has reopened recently and they now face more competition there than they ever have. The Barbados regional base has been faring poorly as intra-regional demand remains at anemic levels which may continue for who knows how long. I don’t see anything that’s worth being optimistic about. Hopefully, POS opens soon enough and there’s a strong rebound in travel there. Failing that, BW will be in a bad way for a long time.

It wouldnt surprise me if BW and not LI is the true casualty of Covid. On most of BWs routes alternate appear. LI is still needed for Eastern Caribbean connectivity as the competition only serves those originating/destined to BGI. There is a large population of people from GEO/SVD/DOM living in ANU/SKB/SXM/EIS/STT. This is why LI had a special gate at BGI as much of its activity there consisted of in transits.

Brickell305

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:05 pm

Per Crankyflier, B6 has dropped JFK-GEO for January/February. I find their service on the route to be extremely strange. Why start a new destination, serve it for two weeks and then drop it for two months after that?

https://crankyflier.com/2020/12/28/jetb ... etaliates/

I also just checked B6’s website and I do not see GEO listed as a destination in the drop down menu anymore. If this is permanently gone, it represents one of the strangest start and stops of a route I have ever seen.

tphuang

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:31 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
Per Crankyflier, B6 has dropped JFK-GEO for January/February. I find their service on the route to be extremely strange. Why start a new destination, serve it for two weeks and then drop it for two months after that?

I also just checked B6’s website and I do not see GEO listed as a destination in the drop down menu anymore. If this is permanently gone, it represents one of the strangest start and stops of a route I have ever seen.

I just checked their website and do see GEO in there. As for why did they drop it for Jan/Feb? The demand is low. They added it for the holiday season when there is demand. And they will bring it back most likely before Easter and then for rest of the summer. Hopefully by then, demand will have normalized to operate during low demand season of Sep/Oct.

GUYAIR707

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Brickell305 wrote:

It’s being done via SJU for Jan and Feb. Back to nonstop from Mar. Via FLL might be a better option as they may pick up more GEO pax there.
Last edited by GUYAIR707 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LimaFoxTango

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:47 pm

Brickell305 wrote:

They dropped the direct flight. GEO is still on jetblue.com, but they are operating JFK-SJU-GEO return. Not sure how attractive that be with BW and EA operating direct services to JFK, but I guess at the right price, people will no doubt fly B6. If it were me, I would take the minor inconvenience and go via SJU because I'd be able to clear immigration/customs there rather than JFK.

fowlr29

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:50 pm

They only added the stop in SJU during Jan/Feb. From March GEO-JFK with B6 is back direct. I'm also not sure where the author of the article found a source saying that Silver is stopping SJU-SXM because they aren't.

Brickell305

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:34 am

LimaFoxTango wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

They dropped the direct flight. GEO is still on jetblue.com, but they are operating JFK-SJU-GEO return. Not sure how attractive that be with BW and EA operating direct services to JFK, but I guess at the right price, people will no doubt fly B6. If it were me, I would take the minor inconvenience and go via SJU because I'd be able to clear immigration/customs there rather than JFK.

It’s not just EA and BW. AA is back to daily nonstop service from January too. I get the preference for SJU as a point to clear customs versus JFK but with low traffic now, I doubt customs in JFK will be any kind of issue. Plus it’s different for Antiguans who are accustomed to transiting via SJU. I doubt Guyanese will find it attractive.

GUYAIR707 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

It’s being done via SJU for Jan and Feb. Back to nonstop from Mar. Via FLL might be a better option as they may pick up more GEO pax there.
l
I thought the same re FLL.

caribny

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:44 am

fowlr29 wrote:
They only added the stop in SJU during Jan/Feb. From March GEO-JFK with B6 is back direct. I'm also not sure where the author of the article found a source saying that Silver is stopping SJU-SXM because they aren't.

Dont see why Silver would drop STT given that its one of their best route out of SJU. That alone makes such a report deeply suspect. STT was added as a drop in addition to SXM.

I suspect the SJU stop on the GEO is technical to avoid weight limits. I dont think that the 320 has the full range of the 738, though someone else can confirm this. I assume with lower loads it will be this one and not the 321neo which will be used, that is until they resume nonstops around Easter.

AA will be offering full refundable fares on the JFK GEO at $500, with $360 for their non refundable fare, and even less for basic economy. I am really sorry for BW as this flight will be daily. Probably to scare B6 off the route. EA has their fans because of their VERY liberal baggage policies.

BW985

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:20 am

Virgin will start flying between Heathrow and San Juan (Puerto Rico) from 26 June. Flights will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays via Antigua.

From June Antigua will be served daily with onward flights to Grenada, Tobago, St. Vincent and Puerto Rico on different days.

2travel2know2

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:17 pm

BW985 wrote:
Virgin will start flying between Heathrow and San Juan (Puerto Rico) from 26 June. Flights will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays via Antigua.

From June Antigua will be served daily with onward flights to Grenada, Tobago, St. Vincent and Puerto Rico on different days.
That'd be because Virgin Cruises San Juan departures/arrivals Sundays?
I'm not on CM's payroll.

GUYAIR707

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:11 pm

caribny wrote:
fowlr29 wrote:

Dont see why Silver would drop STT given that its one of their best route out of SJU. That alone makes such a report deeply suspect. STT was added as a drop in addition to SXM.

I suspect the SJU stop on the GEO is technical to avoid weight limits. I dont think that the 320 has the full range of the 738, though someone else can confirm this. I assume with lower loads it will be this one and not the 321neo which will be used, that is until they resume nonstops around Easter.

AA will be offering full refundable fares on the JFK GEO at $500, with $360 for their non refundable fare, and even less for basic economy. I am really sorry for BW as this flight will be daily. Probably to scare B6 off the route. EA has their fans because of their VERY liberal baggage policies.

Also it seems SJU-GEO is a separate flight as on some flights there is a 7 hour layover. Not sure if the ongoing SJU-JFK was full bumping the GEO-SJU pax off for a later flight.

Brickell305

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:34 pm

2travel2know2 wrote:
BW985 wrote:

That'd be because Virgin Cruises San Juan departures/arrivals Sundays?

Possibly re the cruises but SJU also serves as a gateway to EIS which is a major draw itself from the UK.

SQ22

Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:36 pm

Please continue to post your news and your discussion here:

Caribbean Aviation Thread - 2021

Thread will be locked.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos