Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
B6BOSfan
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:15 am

dtremit wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Alright, a lot of changes for JFK this week. My theory is that AA maybe leasing them some slots, because they just added another 15 flights here for summer season and AA cut over 30 flights for the same time this week.

I don't know if that's what this is, but that's a lot of growth out of JFK. They have scheduled about 195 flights a day in the peak season now. Looks like cuts to FLL, MCO and PR to allow for these additional adds. Again, not sure if they had these slots all along and not using 50 of them for most of the year or they got some new ones. Pretty crazy if it's the former.

Either way, a lot of reasonable adds that if they can hold on to the slots, they could use them later on other routes as they get more aircraft.
[...]
B6 BOS-DEN JUN 3>1.9[1.9]
[...]
B6 DEN-JFK MAY 2>3[1.6]


Interesting that they are already dropping BOS-DEN back to the previous frequency but increasing JFK-DEN.


As someone who travels to DEN from BOS a lot for skiing and visiting family, I can say that those extra flights seemed to have dirt cheap fares. $90 one way on some, with many others at $115 one way.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:46 am

dtremit wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Alright, a lot of changes for JFK this week. My theory is that AA maybe leasing them some slots, because they just added another 15 flights here for summer season and AA cut over 30 flights for the same time this week.

I don't know if that's what this is, but that's a lot of growth out of JFK. They have scheduled about 195 flights a day in the peak season now. Looks like cuts to FLL, MCO and PR to allow for these additional adds. Again, not sure if they had these slots all along and not using 50 of them for most of the year or they got some new ones. Pretty crazy if it's the former.

Either way, a lot of reasonable adds that if they can hold on to the slots, they could use them later on other routes as they get more aircraft.
[...]
B6 BOS-DEN JUN 3>1.9[1.9]
[...]
B6 DEN-JFK MAY 2>3[1.6]


Interesting that they are already dropping BOS-DEN back to the previous frequency but increasing JFK-DEN.


A lot of this is temporary move to allow them to utilize JFK slots. Once they figure out where else to use those JFK slots, BOS will get all of its flights back and more.

Of course, a lof of this is contingent on B6 not cutting more as fallout from the coronavirus.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 6013
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:09 am

Bos is taking hit of close in virus cuts

45 flights cancelled over next 3 days. None at JFK
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:50 am

I'm sure part of that is trying to utilize JFK slots. Another part of that is the spike in number of flights they do in late March out of BOS due to spring break.

And also, I just think JFK is performing better through all of this because VFR flights are the least affected by this. JetBlue themselves said that VFR and short flights are hurting the least. Leisure and transcon are doing worse. I think JetBlue is also expecting DL to cut some of the JFK-VFR capacity in April which would relieve even more pressure.
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:03 pm

The CEO was on TV yesterday saying the biggest thing he wants from the government is waiver of use it or lose it slot useage. From the near empty planes flying in and out of JFK, its a big issue.
 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:50 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
The CEO was on TV yesterday saying the biggest thing he wants from the government is waiver of use it or lose it slot useage. From the near empty planes flying in and out of JFK, its a big issue.

Ask and ye shall receive. https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/he ... oronavirus
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:10 pm

JoseSalazar wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
The CEO was on TV yesterday saying the biggest thing he wants from the government is waiver of use it or lose it slot useage. From the near empty planes flying in and out of JFK, its a big issue.

Ask and ye shall receive. https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/he ... oronavirus


Something tells me Enilria's OAG report for the next couple of weeks is going to be rather lengthy through May numbers with all the adjustments coming. Even airlineroute have given up trying to document them all and were listing total flights instead.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
11C
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
11C wrote:

If you read about the Spanish Flu, I think you can see why a pandemic has to be taken seriously. Granted, we have many more tools at our disposal to combat infectious diseases, but taking them lightly is not really a smart option.



Give it a few months when Temps rise and cold/flu season is over and this will go the way of SARS, MERS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, etc..... media sensationalism is the driving factor here and it all boils down to the person in office that the media and some World governments would love to see gone. The only thing that can hurt that mans chances of a re-election at this point is a bad economy. Thousands maybe hundreds of thousands may have it or may have unknowingly had it and not been tested which would drive its fatality rate down near the .01 percent like the common flu.

Support your airlines, hotels etc and don’t hold back from booking And fulfilling your travel plans! If you are elderly or have immune Disorders stay home. Take extra precautions, practice good hygiene you will all be fine. Keep flying friends!

So just to make sure I’m not misunderstanding you, this virus is nothing more than a hyped up version of the flu made up for no other reason than to ruin the re-election of a sitting President?
Wow. Thanks for your completely objective opinion.

I think you got it right. We live in a science-free zone. God only knows how airplanes stay aloft, well I guess it is God, because it can’t be physics.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:29 pm

11C wrote:
I think you got it right. We live in a science-free zone. God only knows how airplanes stay aloft, well I guess it is God, because it can’t be physics.


Actually, some would argue that physics = God ;)
 
11C
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
11C wrote:
I think you got it right. We live in a science-free zone. God only knows how airplanes stay aloft, well I guess it is God, because it can’t be physics.


Actually, some would argue that physics = God ;)

Some would, but I’ll stick with the idea that they have nothing to do with each other.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:46 am

My theory now that JFK slot requirements are lifted and continental Europe flights are banned for 30 days.

JFK and BOS will probably see similar amount of cuts going forward. A lot of the JFK leisure/transcon flights will see off peak cuts. FLorida might be okay until spring is over. A good time now to cut at LGB flights without any repercussion. They will cut more than 5% of their planned capacity. It will give them a chance to strengthen in markets where they are dominating competition, but will also cause them to drop markets where they are doing poorly.

Not sure if all this will give them a better opportunity to get LHR slots. LGW slots should be easy given the likelihood of more carriers going bankrupt.

We will see if this happens, but I think DL will make some major cuts at BOS in the next couple of months. $20 fares to MSY/FLL/RSW is not sustainable for an airline with DL's costs. And given the uncertainty with European flights, this is likely a lost summer for continental Europe, which I think is one of DL's strategies to build up BOS. So I think as a whole, this will give B6 more breathing room at BOS. Either way, lack of connection opportunities at BOS will hurt B6 also.

Aside from that, the lost of this summer's TATL flight will probably give them some more time to get their plans to Europe in order for next year without the pressure of other carriers offering more service than them.
 
B6BOSfan
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Seems like JetBlue's booking platform has partially crashed. I've actually tried logging into my TrueBlue account to get travel credits and book future flights but haven't been able to since yesterday.

This message on their website:
TrueBlue sign in is currently unavailable. You can still manage your upcoming bookings by visiting Manage Trips and you can earn TrueBlue points for your flight by adding your TrueBlue number while booking or submitting a "Request Points" claim after your flight.

Please check back later to access your TrueBlue account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

In addition, we're experiencing an unusually high volume of traffic to our website. If you are not traveling within the next 72 hours, please try us back closer to your travel.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:46 pm

With Disney shutdown, I think it's safe to assume mco capacity will go way down. Oag this week and next will be interesting.

With delta cutting 40%, I think you will see them make a lot of JFK cuts since a lot of that is to feed international traffic. Could make things a little more bearable for b6 at JFK.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:38 pm

JetBlue seems to get lucky all the time. First in the early 2000's, when they just started out and entrenched airliners were cutting flights left and right after 9/11.
And now again, waiting for the right plane to fly to Europe which seems prescient at the moment as airlines are cutting flights left and right again because of the Coronavirus pandemic. I can imagine that the price of slots at LHR are cratering at the moment in tune with the global stock markets.
 
glideslope900
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:55 pm

Who thinks United takes advantage of this crisis a year down the road and tries to buy B6? Stock price will probably end up below $10 by next week. Or perhaps we see another merger...fun to speculate.
 
dtremit
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:08 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:39 am

glideslope900 wrote:
Who thinks United takes advantage of this crisis a year down the road and tries to buy B6? Stock price will probably end up below $10 by next week.


What makes you think United will be doing any better? Given their revenue guidance, that doesn't seem likely.

B6 is at least not exposed to international travel yet.
 
glideslope900
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:27 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:50 am

dtremit wrote:
glideslope900 wrote:
Who thinks United takes advantage of this crisis a year down the road and tries to buy B6? Stock price will probably end up below $10 by next week.


What makes you think United will be doing any better? Given their revenue guidance, that doesn't seem likely.

B6 is at least not exposed to international travel yet.


They may not be doing any better but the downturn could probably end up in another round of consolidation in the industry. The rebound will be strong when it does happen. B6 is sitting on some valuable assets.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:46 am

I think all the airlines are going to see how much cash they can conserve. Nobody would want to sell at the current price level. It would be stupid to do so.

As for JetBlue being lucky, it might work out that way. Even if LHR slots remain too expensive for 2021, LGW slots should be widely available since DY is likely finished. And if DL can back off at JFK/BOS, B6 would be in a good position. I'm sure LGB/MCO will see plenty of cuts. But with MCO/LAS going to see dramatic lower O&D, NK/WN is going to be hurting a lot too.

As long as the VFR stuff remain strong, B6 might suffer the least of all the airlines. We will see. One thing for sure, they are not done cutting.
 
11C
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:09 pm

nine4nine wrote:
11C wrote:
CaptCoolHand wrote:


I hope they're taking this opportunity to catch up on some much needed housekeeping issues.

This media fed "crisis" will pass just like every other one from H1n1, to swine flu, to avian bird flu, to pick
your last end of the world pandemic that we somehow managed to make it through.


If you read about the Spanish Flu, I think you can see why a pandemic has to be taken seriously. Granted, we have many more tools at our disposal to combat infectious diseases, but taking them lightly is not really a smart option.



Give it a few months when Temps rise and cold/flu season is over and this will go the way of SARS, MERS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, etc..... media sensationalism is the driving factor here and it all boils down to the person in office that the media and some World governments would love to see gone. The only thing that can hurt that mans chances of a re-election at this point is a bad economy. Thousands maybe hundreds of thousands may have it or may have unknowingly had it and not been tested which would drive its fatality rate down near the .01 percent like the common flu.

Support your airlines, hotels etc and don’t hold back from booking And fulfilling your travel plans! If you are elderly or have immune Disorders stay home. Take extra precautions, practice good hygiene you will all be fine. Keep flying friends!


Do you still cling to this philosophy? Do you know how many ventilators there are in U.S. hospitals? Hint, not very many. We haven’t reached the inflection point on the exponential curve yet. 1200 people have died in Italy. I think you can see that the impact will be tremendous, and that soft-selling this pandemic will not work. Preparation, and action are the only ways to slow the rate of spread. Downplaying is a dangerous, and ignorant policy. Having amateur loyalists in important government posts will exacerbate the damage this pandemic will cause. Digest those facts.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:25 pm

Spain is No. 5 in the Top 10 of worldwide Coronavirus cases. The temperature in Barcelona is in the low 60's, the temperature in Madrid in the high 60's, while Anadulsia is sunny and warm. No nothing "virus will be over in warmer weather".
 
nine4nine
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:00 am

11C wrote:
nine4nine wrote:
11C wrote:

If you read about the Spanish Flu, I think you can see why a pandemic has to be taken seriously. Granted, we have many more tools at our disposal to combat infectious diseases, but taking them lightly is not really a smart option.



Give it a few months when Temps rise and cold/flu season is over and this will go the way of SARS, MERS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, etc..... media sensationalism is the driving factor here and it all boils down to the person in office that the media and some World governments would love to see gone. The only thing that can hurt that mans chances of a re-election at this point is a bad economy. Thousands maybe hundreds of thousands may have it or may have unknowingly had it and not been tested which would drive its fatality rate down near the .01 percent like the common flu.

Support your airlines, hotels etc and don’t hold back from booking And fulfilling your travel plans! If you are elderly or have immune Disorders stay home. Take extra precautions, practice good hygiene you will all be fine. Keep flying friends!


Do you still cling to this philosophy? Do you know how many ventilators there are in U.S. hospitals? Hint, not very many. We haven’t reached the inflection point on the exponential curve yet. 1200 people have died in Italy. I think you can see that the impact will be tremendous, and that soft-selling this pandemic will not work. Preparation, and action are the only ways to slow the rate of spread. Downplaying is a dangerous, and ignorant policy. Having amateur loyalists in important government posts will exacerbate the damage this pandemic will cause. Digest those facts.



Fake News
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:18 am

What are the odds of the owned E190s being parked? (The E190 fleet is half-owned, half leased.) B6 will still need E190s at least for the regional New England and intra-New York flights. I also would not put it past B6 to park some of the older A320s that have not been retrofitted, which for their age have to be among the highest-time narrow-body frames in the world if not the highest (some are around 80,000 hours at 21 years of age). (At B6's usage rate, the A220-300s likely would only go about 24 years.)
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:45 am

It actually might make sense to park more older A320s than E90s since the markets probably won't be able to fill up A320s in most cases. really depends on how much they cut.
 
B6BOSfan
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:02 am

Seeing a fair number of BOS-MCO flights next Saturday/Sunday using E-190 equipment, and some A320s. Only one or two A321s. I have to assume that's an equipment swap on those flights.

Flights are priced at $38 for next Saturday and $26 the following Saturday. Incredible.
 
11C
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:46 pm

tphuang wrote:
It actually might make sense to park more older A320s than E90s since the markets probably won't be able to fill up A320s in most cases. really depends on how much they cut.


Definitely, strange that we were all speculating about hanging on to those airframes just a short time ago. How quickly things can change.
 
11C
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:49 pm

nine4nine wrote:
11C wrote:
nine4nine wrote:


Give it a few months when Temps rise and cold/flu season is over and this will go the way of SARS, MERS, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, etc..... media sensationalism is the driving factor here and it all boils down to the person in office that the media and some World governments would love to see gone. The only thing that can hurt that mans chances of a re-election at this point is a bad economy. Thousands maybe hundreds of thousands may have it or may have unknowingly had it and not been tested which would drive its fatality rate down near the .01 percent like the common flu.

Support your airlines, hotels etc and don’t hold back from booking And fulfilling your travel plans! If you are elderly or have immune Disorders stay home. Take extra precautions, practice good hygiene you will all be fine. Keep flying friends!

P
Do you still cling to this philosophy? Do you know how many ventilators there are in U.S. hospitals? Hint, not very many. We haven’t reached the inflection point on the exponential curve yet. 1200 people have died in Italy. I think you can see that the impact will be tremendous, and that soft-selling this pandemic will not work. Preparation, and action are the only ways to slow the rate of spread. Downplaying is a dangerous, and ignorant policy. Having amateur loyalists in important government posts will exacerbate the damage this pandemic will cause. Digest those facts.



Fake News


Let’s just have you hold that thought for a while. We will check back in in a month or so, and see how fake it is.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Here is what I think they could treat the fleet situation. Keep E90 around (including leased ones) and fly them as much as possible while the demand is down.

Pick the older A320s that had a lot of cycles and just park them. It may not make sense to ever fresh them. And with enough airlines going belly up, the lease rates and price on the second hand A321s will come down. Get some of them and replace these A320s that probably can be retired.

Again, JetBlue has better balance sheet than most airlines around the world and they are in no danger of going under. They should take advantage of that and see what kind of deals they can get.
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:24 pm

It was mentioned in the Caribbean aviation thread and I've since confirmed it myself that GEO no longer appears for sale on jetblue.com (it was slated to start Apr 2). This comes after AA suspended its service from both MIA and JFK (AA issued a release). It seems as if B6 is quietly making its cuts so there may have well been several cuts across the network that simply were not publicized.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
It was mentioned in the Caribbean aviation thread and I've since confirmed it myself that GEO no longer appears for sale on jetblue.com (it was slated to start Apr 2). This comes after AA suspended its service from both MIA and JFK (AA issued a release). It seems as if B6 is quietly making its cuts so there may have well been several cuts across the network that simply were not publicized.


Really? I'm looking at it right now and see the flights on jetblue.com

For example on the 10th, I see at least half of the seats taken. Same with 8th and 9th. I would not be surprised if more seats than this have been sold since people are more likely to buy BE fares with the no-change fee waived.

If anything JFK-GEO might be one of their better performing routes over the next few months. Now this might change in the next few weeks as gov't shut down air travel, but that hasn't happened yet.

Looks like all the Ecuador flights are not canceled, which is not a surprise given the border shutdown over there.

Again, none of this is to say they won't cancel these flights sometimes this week, but they haven't happened yet.
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:53 pm

tphuang wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
It was mentioned in the Caribbean aviation thread and I've since confirmed it myself that GEO no longer appears for sale on jetblue.com (it was slated to start Apr 2). This comes after AA suspended its service from both MIA and JFK (AA issued a release). It seems as if B6 is quietly making its cuts so there may have well been several cuts across the network that simply were not publicized.


Really? I'm looking at it right now and see the flights on jetblue.com

For example on the 10th, I see at least half of the seats taken. Same with 8th and 9th. I would not be surprised if more seats than this have been sold since people are more likely to buy BE fares with the no-change fee waived.

If anything JFK-GEO might be one of their better performing routes over the next few months. Now this might change in the next few weeks as gov't shut down air travel, but that hasn't happened yet.

Looks like all the Ecuador flights are not canceled, which is not a surprise given the border shutdown over there.

Again, none of this is to say they won't cancel these flights sometimes this week, but they haven't happened yet.

Noted. It definitely was not there earlier when I checked. I do hope it's not affected as I think it's a great add for GEO.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:23 pm

alright, now JetBlue has announced their updated cuts.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... oronavirus
It's pretty brutal for April/May. I had expected closer to 30% overall cuts after WN announced 20% cuts, but I guess things must be even worse for JetBlue given the explosive outbreaks in NYC and also a lot of their international flights canceling due to border closures.

Cuts include:
- 50% pay cuts for Robin and Joanna
- stopping 75% of projects they had with infrastructure, technology and real estate.
- defer the 4 leased A321s
- slow A321NEO deliveries and reduce pre-delivery payments

So a lot less cap-ex I guess to reduce the burn rate.
They secured an additional $1 billion in loan. Pretty significant given their size.

As an example of the cuts
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 62596.html
no more flights to Haiti due to the need for US passengers needing to prove that they had negative COVID19 tests.
This is on top of Colombia and Ecuador already closing their borders.

My guess is a lot of the capacity cuts will be downgauging, so we probably won't see 40% cuts in number of flights. I'm guessing they will park some A321s and some A320s and keep E90s flying around. And also I'd expect a lot of reductions in transcon and international flights.
 
Mikeer50
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:12 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:40 pm

The cuts are deep, but needed. The Caribbean has been almost completely shut down. I think everyone will be shocked at the amount of cuts all airlines start implementing over the next couple weeks. A lot of what has been announced simply won’t slow the cash burn fast enough as new developments arise. I would think that SW will probably end up reducing more over the next couple weeks. It’s all just terrible.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:33 pm

It's times like this that JetBlue needs to get on the phone with Schumer and Cuomo and make sure they get as much help as they can. As long as their HQ is in LIC, Schumer should be there for them.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:57 pm

I wonder if this will give them the excuse/out they have been looking for to axe ORH
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
PVD523
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:01 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:52 pm

PVD's reduced April schedule will consist of 1x MCO, FLL, and PBI on Sun, Mon, Thur, Fri, and Sat. Tues and Wed will be 1x MCO only.
 
StinkyPinky
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:16 pm

LGB is cutting SJC, OAK, and SMF earlier on April 1st, rather than April 28th as previously planned. SFO goes to 1 daily flight (midday). LAS and SLC go to 2 daily. The remaining flights seem unaffected for now.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:31 pm

PVD523 wrote:
PVD's reduced April schedule will consist of 1x MCO, FLL, and PBI on Sun, Mon, Thur, Fri, and Sat. Tues and Wed will be 1x MCO only.

That's only a reduction of 4 weekly frequencies (FLL and PBI going X23) which is not bad considering the number i'm hearing nationwide is 40%
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:59 pm

Looks like ORH keeps their JFK and MCO/FLL is shared/split for 1x daily 3/4 each weekly

BDL lost their 2nd PBI and have some X2/3 days on their 2nd FLL and MCO
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:19 am

Well, I guess JetBlue has not gotten desperate enough to stop kissing MassPort's ass. Suspending JFK-ORH/MCO/FLL are some of the easiest decisions they can make from network point of view. For most of the domestic cities, I don't think they are getting 40% cuts. Just a lot of downgauging, off peak cuts and such. Stuff that's really going to get hit are their international stuff. All these countries, including DR, are shutting their borders.
 
brutuspup
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:12 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 am

RL757PVD wrote:
I wonder if this will give them the excuse/out they have been looking for to axe ORH

I hope so! And hope Massport doesn’t hold it over their head. I commuted from BOS-NYC weekly for about 6 months in the last year (always on the last NYC-BOS flight), and I’ll tell ya, the JFK-ORH flight is chronically delayed. What’s the point?
 
nine4nine
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Any idea when the networks cuts are being announced?

Could this finally be the final nail in the LGB coffin?
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:06 pm

just taking a look at April 10th from LGB,
SMF/SJC/OAK is already gone
SFO/SEA is down to 1x
AUS/RNO/BOS/PDX still at 1x
SLC down to 2x
JFK/LAS still 2x
so looks like LGB just lost 3 more flights for April. My guess is a lot of the cuts are going to be the Latin American stuff since all the borders are closed.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:38 pm

I could have sworn this got posted somewhere, but I will be damned if I can find it, if it already has, please feel free to report the post and have the mods delete it.

http://otp.investis.com/generic/sec/sec ... 3&Type=PDF

This is public record, so I have copied it here, to save searching, but also wanted a link to prove the source.

On March 13, 2020, JetBlue Airways Corporation (“JetBlue”) entered into a Delayed Draw Term Loan Credit Agreement (the
“Credit Agreement”), among JetBlue, as borrower, the subsidiaries of JetBlue party thereto from time to time, as guarantors, the lenders party
thereto from time to time and Morgan Stanley Senior Funding Inc., as administrative agent (the “Agent”). The Credit Agreement provides for
a term loan facility of up to $1,000,000,000 (the “Term Loan Facility”).

On March 16, 2020, JetBlue borrowed the full amount of the Term Loan Facility (the “Term Loan”), the proceeds of which will be[/b]
used to pay certain transaction fees and expenses, and for general corporate purposes of the Company. Amortization payments equal to 0.25%
of the outstanding principal of the Term Loan will be due on the last day of each quarter during the term. The remaining outstanding principal
amount of the Term Loan must be repaid in a single installment on the maturity date on March 15, 2021
. JetBlue may prepay all or a portion
of the Term Loan from time to time, at par plus accrued and unpaid interest.
Borrowings under the Credit Agreement bear interest at a variable rate equal to the London interbank offering rate, known as LIBOR
(but not less than 1% per annum), plus a margin of 1.75% per annum, or at JetBlue’s election, another rate based on certain market interest
rates.

The obligations of JetBlue under the Credit Agreement are secured by liens on certain aircraft and spare engines of JetBlue (the
“Collateral”). The Credit Agreement includes provisions that require the Company to maintain unrestricted cash and cash equivalents and
unused commitments available under all revolving credit facilities (including the Term Loan Facility) aggregating not less than $550 million.

They are putting up 24 aircraft all 321's and including all the NEO's as far as I can tell and 37 spare engines. Oldest (at least in registration numbering terms) is N946JB..

So effectively they just borrowed $1bn, at Libor+1.75%, which is pretty damn low and have a year to pay it off. According to their 10-K for 2019, they had 959m in cash and cash equivalents and they had $750m in undrawn credit lines $550m with Citibank and $200m with Morgan Stanley.

What I can't tell at this point is if this $1bn is in addition to that, I suspect it might be.

Basically if the above is correct, cash is $959+$372 +$1,000 approx 28% of 2019 revenue, which is compared to 16% as stated in the 10K. the $750K remains undrawn, although who knows if any of that has happened since the end of the year. If you include that as well, they have cash lines of $3bn or around 37% of their revenue.

We shall see how fast this gets burned, they are going to need it.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 pm

VS4ever wrote:
I could have sworn this got posted somewhere, but I will be damned if I can find it, if it already has, please feel free to report the post and have the mods delete it.

http://otp.investis.com/generic/sec/sec ... 3&Type=PDF

This is public record, so I have copied it here, to save searching, but also wanted a link to prove the source.

On March 13, 2020, JetBlue Airways Corporation (“JetBlue”) entered into a Delayed Draw Term Loan Credit Agreement (the
“Credit Agreement”), among JetBlue, as borrower, the subsidiaries of JetBlue party thereto from time to time, as guarantors, the lenders party
thereto from time to time and Morgan Stanley Senior Funding Inc., as administrative agent (the “Agent”). The Credit Agreement provides for
a term loan facility of up to $1,000,000,000 (the “Term Loan Facility”).

On March 16, 2020, JetBlue borrowed the full amount of the Term Loan Facility (the “Term Loan”), the proceeds of which will be[/b]
used to pay certain transaction fees and expenses, and for general corporate purposes of the Company. Amortization payments equal to 0.25%
of the outstanding principal of the Term Loan will be due on the last day of each quarter during the term. The remaining outstanding principal
amount of the Term Loan must be repaid in a single installment on the maturity date on March 15, 2021
. JetBlue may prepay all or a portion
of the Term Loan from time to time, at par plus accrued and unpaid interest.
Borrowings under the Credit Agreement bear interest at a variable rate equal to the London interbank offering rate, known as LIBOR
(but not less than 1% per annum), plus a margin of 1.75% per annum, or at JetBlue’s election, another rate based on certain market interest
rates.

The obligations of JetBlue under the Credit Agreement are secured by liens on certain aircraft and spare engines of JetBlue (the
“Collateral”). The Credit Agreement includes provisions that require the Company to maintain unrestricted cash and cash equivalents and
unused commitments available under all revolving credit facilities (including the Term Loan Facility) aggregating not less than $550 million.

They are putting up 24 aircraft all 321's and including all the NEO's as far as I can tell and 37 spare engines. Oldest (at least in registration numbering terms) is N946JB..

So effectively they just borrowed $1bn, at Libor+1.75%, which is pretty damn low and have a year to pay it off. According to their 10-K for 2019, they had 959m in cash and cash equivalents and they had $750m in undrawn credit lines $550m with Citibank and $200m with Morgan Stanley.

What I can't tell at this point is if this $1bn is in addition to that, I suspect it might be.

Basically if the above is correct, cash is $959+$372 +$1,000 approx 28% of 2019 revenue, which is compared to 16% as stated in the 10K. the $750K remains undrawn, although who knows if any of that has happened since the end of the year. If you include that as well, they have cash lines of $3bn or around 37% of their revenue.

We shall see how fast this gets burned, they are going to need it.

Thanks. Good to see they got the extra credit at such a low rate.

I thought for sure that I read they had $1.2 billion in cash and equivalent as of early March.

According to this one as of March 6th
https://leehamnews.com/2020/03/16/us-ca ... -shutdown/
They had $829 million cash + $372 million other liquidity, which is about $1.2 billion
i assume that article got both their undrawn credit allong with unencumbered asset to be wrong (since we know 34% of their fleet is unencumbered). That article had their burn rate at $18.6 million a day. If they can get that down to something closer to $10 million from reduced capex, capacity, oil prices and such. It seems like they can last for a while. Although it does say they need to have at least $550 million in liquidity, so they don't have forever. And they will have to pay this back in full in a year, which is not straight forward if this downturn lasts for a while.
 
B6BOSfan
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:11 am

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:09 am

Looked at some cuts from Boston for Thursday, April 9. I compared it with what the JetBlue site timetables show (which still seem to show the old frequencies -- not for sale)


TRANSCON
BOS-SEA 1 daily (A321/mint) [Was 2 daily]
BOS-SFO 4 daily (A321/mint) [Was 5 daily]
BOS-LAX 3 daily (A321/mint) [Was 4 daily]
BOS-LGB 1 daily (A320) [no change]
BOS-BUR 1 daily (A320) [no change]
BOS-LAS 3 daily (2 mint/1 A320) ($18 Fares!) [Was 4 daily]
BOS-SAN 2 daily (A321/mint) [Was 3 daily]
BOS-DEN 2 daily (A320/A321) ($61 Fares) [no change]

FLORIDA
BOS-MCO 5 daily (A320) ($18 Fares!) [Was 8-9 daily]
BOS-FLL 4 daily (A320) ($18 Fares!) [Was 5 daily]
BOS-PBI 6 daily (1 A321/5 A320) ($18 Fares!) [Was 7 daily]
BOS-TPA 5 daily (3 A320/1 A321/1 E190) ($18 Fares!) [Was 5-7 daily]
BOS-RSW 5 daily (3 A321/2 A320) ($18 Fares!) [Was 7-8 daily]
BOS-JAX 1 daily (A320) [Was 2 daily]

BUSINESS COMMUTER
BOS-DCA 7 daily (E190) [Was 14 daily]
BOS-JFK 3 daily (E190) [Was 5-8 daily]
BOS-LGA 3 daily (E190) [Was 6 daily]
BOS-EWR 3 daily (E190) [Was 6 daily]
BOS-PHL 4 daily (E190) [Was 8 daily]
BOS-BWI 3 daily (E190) [Was 6 daily]
BOS-ORD 4 daily (E190) ($29 Fares!) [Was 5 daily]
BOS-PIT 3 daily (E190) [Was 6 daily]
BOS-CLE 3 daily (E190) [Was 4 daily]

INTO DELTA HUBS
BOS-DTW 3 daily (E190) [Was 4 daily]
BOS-MSP 2 daily (A320) [Was 3 daily]
BOS-ATL 4 daily (3 E190/1 A320) ($18 Fares!) [Was 5 daily]

OTHER
BOS-AUS 1 daily (A320) [Was 2 daily]
BOS-DFW 1 daily (A320) [Was 2 daily]
BOS-IAH 1 daily (A320) [no change]
BOS-MSY 2 daily (A320/E190) ($18 Fares!) [no change]
BOS-CLT 4 daily (E190) [Was 5 daily]
BOS-RDU 4 daily (E190) [Was 6 daily]
BOS-BNA 2 daily (A320) [Was 3 daily]
BOS-RIC 3 daily (E190) [Was 4 daily]
BOS-BUF 3 daily (2 E190/1 A320) [Was 4 daily]
BOS-ROC 1 daily (E190) [no change]
BOS-SYR 1 daily (E190) [no change]

CARIBBEAN
BOS-NAS 1 daily (A320) [Was 2 daily]
BOS-SJU 2 daily (A320) ($32 Fares!) [Was 3 daily]
BOS-SDQ 1 daily (A321) [Was 2 daily]
BOS-STT 1 daily (A320) [no change]
BOS-CUN 1 daily (A320) [no change]
BOS-AUA Cancelled [Was 3 daily]
 
ncflyer
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 7:03 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:11 am

Those cuts aren’t anywhere close to aggressive enough what the heck is taking so long, I don’t understand.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5354
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:31 am

That seems plenty of cuts already, remember that JFK will get the biggest hit from this due to all the Caribbean closures.
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:37 am

Well the cuts will be deeper. You can already take SQD/STI off that list since they've sealed their borders.
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:19 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
Well the cuts will be deeper. You can already take SQD/STI off that list since they've sealed their borders.

Exactly. It’s likely that everything isn’t loaded yet.
 
smflyer
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: JetBlue Network Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:11 pm

tphuang wrote:
just taking a look at April 10th from LGB,
SMF/SJC/OAK is already gone
SFO/SEA is down to 1x
AUS/RNO/BOS/PDX still at 1x
SLC down to 2x
JFK/LAS still 2x
so looks like LGB just lost 3 more flights for April. My guess is a lot of the cuts are going to be the Latin American stuff since all the borders are closed.


The cut occurs on April 1.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos