Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NickolayAv

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:14 pm

I did not expect G4's entrance. They seem to be the new WN, going from smaller secondary airports, and entering the major airports. Cool to see the new connections to the new cities.
As for the AA's additions, they are fighting back. With these recent adds from them, could we potentially see BOS as a 2 airline hub. With hubs, albeit fairly small, from both AA and DL.
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson

tphuang

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:18 pm

I think this is all about protecting their ff and corporate contracts at BOS. If they learnt anything from JFK, it should be that customers are a lot cheaper to keep than win over in the first place.

With IND/RDU in place, the only market I think they need to add is SFO. They have a much stronger TPAC network out of BOS than any of the other legacies with alliance partners CX and JL. Their TATL is a little smaller than DL, but it's nothing to sneeze at. And domestically even with some of the cuts, it seems to me they are pretty competitive with DL and B6 to the big markets with only SFO missing. And DL's SFO presence is minimal (just 1x daily most of the year). I'm not a AA ff out of BOS, but these moves would be enough to keep me around.

RDU is going to be huge bloodbath this year, just like AUS.

I think this will move IND a lot lower in the list of cities B6 is considering.

massachoicetts

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Ameeican Airlines has announced three new routes on the E175

Five daily flights to RDU
Two daily flights to IND
Saturday Service to ILM (Qilmington)

I knew they would add back Raleigh! Great to see the further expansion out of Boston!! Its becoming a battleground.

mikegigs

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 pm

Wow... crazy (good) day for BOS! I didn't really believe people when they said they thought AA was making a run at BOS again after they added LHR, but it seems I may have been wrong!

And G4? Never would have guessed... They must have been watching NK and F9 doing fairly well at BOS. Still surprised they didn't go for PVD or MHT. The times at BOS get more and more interesting...
Airports: BOS, JAX, JFK, EWR, LGA, CVG, ATL, CLT, DCA, IAD, STT, PVD, ALB, MCO
Aircraft: 733, 735, 73G, 738, 752, 717, A319, A320, MD-88, E190, E175, E145, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, Q400
Airlines: B6, CO, DL, US, NW, WN, DH
...a good start but a long way to go!

massachoicetts

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:26 pm

RDU Will be very overserved like AUS. AA will be adding 381 daily seats to the market. I think Delta flies 5 times a day to RDU and jetBlue does 4-6. So well basically have hourly flights to RDU?

LHR LAX NYC CHI MIA DFW CLT DCA PHL RDU AUS are now all served by AA .. the only major business markets missing are SFO/SJC, SEA, CMH, and YYZ. Honestly, nothing AA does will surprise me with these latest additions... They must be making a good profit in BOS. But I do see AA adding a bay area flight, it was very heavy and extremely profitable when it ran until 2010. SJC seems more likely than SFO at this moment, but you never know.
Last edited by massachoicetts on Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RL757PVD

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:29 pm

mikegigs wrote:
Wow... crazy (good) day for BOS! I didn't really believe people when they said they thought AA was making a run at BOS again after they added LHR, but it seems I may have been wrong!

And G4? Never would have guessed... They must have been watching NK and F9 doing fairly well at BOS. Still surprised they didn't go for PVD or MHT. The times at BOS get more and more interesting...

G4 serves PVD with PGD and CVG and now MYR with today's announcement.

G4's BOS flights are more of them shoring up their key cities and bases against an F9 or NK introduction. Go look at where G4 flies from AVL GRR and TYS, its impressive. Those places need BOS not PVD (except I think PVD-AVL would have worked thanks to a huge number of transplants there)
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

jplatts

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:38 pm

There is room for nonstop competition on the BOS-CVG route with BOS-CVG being one of the top nonstop routes out of BOS that doesn't currently have nonstop competition.

While WN had previously considered adding BOS-CVG nonstop service almost 2 years ago, WN is less likely to add BOS-CVG nonstop service with WN having recently dropped BOS-ATL/IND/MCI/MKE nonstop service and with WN having recently reduced BOS-AUS/DAL to seasonal nonstop service.

I had previously mentioned AA adding BOS-CVG nonstop service as a possibility with AA recently adding other point-to-point nonstop routes out of CVG.

G4 adding BOS-CVG nonstop service might be a possibility with G4 having a customer base in the CVG market to support BOS-CVG nonstop service and with G4 having announced service out of BOS today.

While B6 doesn't currently serve CVG, B6 adding BOS-CVG nonstop service is a possibility with B6 already serving all of the other DL hub and focus city airports nonstop from BOS and with CVG being one of the top destinations not currently served by B6.

In addition to WN, AA, G4, or B6, I had also previously mentioned F9 possibly adding BOS-CVG nonstop service due to F9 having a customer base in the CVG market to support BOS-CVG nonstop service, even though F9 has recently discontinued a few nonstop routes out of CVG such as CVG-AUS/LGA/PHL/RDU/SFO.

While I am unsure who will add BOS-CVG nonstop service next, I think that a competitor adding BOS-CVG nonstop service will probably happen with BOS-CVG being one of the top routes that doesn't currently have nonstop competition.

Who is most likely to add BOS-CVG nonstop service of the following airlines: AA, G4, F9, B6, or WN?

airbazar

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
I wonder what triggered AAs sudden decision to add flights out of BOS instead of cutting them, they seem to be getting more and more aggressive about protecting their market share. I'm curious to see if DL will respond at all

Probably multiple factors. Here are 3 not in any specific order:
- JFK is full (same reason DL is expanding BOS).
- Their corporate clients are asking for it
- BOS is no longer a "backwater" market where people are willing to connect in JFK or PHL.

RL757PVD

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:00 pm

airbazar wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:
I wonder what triggered AAs sudden decision to add flights out of BOS instead of cutting them, they seem to be getting more and more aggressive about protecting their market share. I'm curious to see if DL will respond at all

- BOS is no longer a "backwater" market where people are willing to connect in JFK or PHL.

I think #2 definitely think has a lot to do with these adds.

While DL is arguably a better airline for business travelers in terms of perks and customer experience, AA has the better hub network. I saw somewhere else that AA has like 11 destinations from IND so for contracts there, BOS is going to be a key offering.

Places like theres that have 10+ AA destinations are where I think you'll see the adds (Same was true for AUS).

Ishrion

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:07 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
airbazar wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:

While DL is arguably a better airline for business travelers in terms of perks and customer experience, AA has the better hub network. I saw somewhere else that AA has like 11 destinations from IND so for contracts there, BOS is going to be a key offering.

Places like theres that have 10+ AA destinations are where I think you'll see the adds (Same was true for AUS).

Delta has like 14 destinations from IND

ChrisNH38

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Now that AA is upping their game at Logan, do people think UA is 'right-sized' here? In other words, it's entirely fine if the consensus is that UA has adequate service at Logan. But are there any obvious holes in the network WRT Boston? Personally I think they have the bases covered. Maybe a shocker like a 787 BOS-HNL to put pressure on HA. :lol:
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH

iyerhari

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:18 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
airbazar wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:

I think the other consideration is also OneWorld passengers who now have a choice to use AA to destinations such as LHR, HKG, NRT, MAD, BCN, ORY, CMN.

EADSYABSOB73857

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:25 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:

I feel like this is due to: new corporate contracts, a retaliation campaign about DL’s acquisition of LATAM, or a combination of the two.

aaflyer777

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:
Now that AA is upping their game at Logan, do people think UA is 'right-sized' here? In other words, it's entirely fine if the consensus is that UA has adequate service at Logan. But are there any obvious holes in the network WRT Boston? Personally I think they have the bases covered. Maybe a shocker like a 787 BOS-HNL to put pressure on HA. :lol:

I think UA has enough flights to keep their FFs satisfied. The biggest holes in the Star Alliance network from BOS right now are LHR and a flight to Asia. If UA were to add BOS-LHR with a 757/767 and ANA were to star BOS-NRT I think that would round out their network nicely.

iyerhari

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 pm

massachoicetts wrote:
Ameeican Airlines has announced three new routes on the E175

Five daily flights to RDU
Two daily flights to IND
Saturday Service to ILM (Qilmington)

I knew they would add back Raleigh! Great to see the further expansion out of Boston!! Its becoming a battleground.

I just did a quick comparison between BOS and PHL for AA only flights. PHL wouldn't have the benefit with DL for routes to AUS but B6 is certainly there at BOS and not at PHL. The difference is not substantial:

AA:
AUS
BOS: 2
PHL: 3

RDU:
BOS: 5
PHL: 7

IND:
BOS: 2
PHL: 6

ILM:
BOS:1 (weekend only)
PHL: 3 (daily)

iyerhari

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Jan-2020 is not even over and I believe I had mentioned in this thread that BOS would need to grow by at-least 8.5%~ to be closer to IAH. With all these adds there is a good chance 2020 is the year.

I am only listing new adds:

AA: RDU, IND, LHR, ILM, GCM, NAS, AUS, EYW
DL: LGW, MAN, FCO
F9: SJU
LV: ORY
AC: YYC
WS: YYC
SY: MSN

Looking at adds, it looks certain there is going to be retaliation adds.

airbazar

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:37 pm

ChrisNH38 wrote:

UA is the only FF program I still have miles in, mostly due to my Chase CC and logically it's the airline I fly with the most. IMO UA/*A have 2 big holes that IMO should be relatively easy to fill. They are BOS-TYO and BOS-LHR. I'm never expecting UA to serve anything other than UA/*A hubs from BOS.

jplatts

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:57 pm

airbazar wrote:
UA is the only FF program I still have miles in, mostly due to my Chase CC and logically it's the airline I fly with the most. IMO UA/*A have 2 big holes that IMO should be relatively easy to fill. They are BOS-TYO and BOS-LHR. I'm never expecting UA to serve anything other than UA/*A hubs from BOS.

NH adding BOS-TYO nonstop service is more likely than UA adding BOS-TYO due to UA only serving TYO nonstop from contiguous U.S. hubs and GUM whereas NH already has nonstop service to TYO from HNL, JFK, SJC, and SEA. NH also would be able to connect passengers onto NH, CA, OZ, BR, SQ, and TG flights to China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Southeast Asia from BOS through TYO if it adds BOS-NRT nonstop service.

UA is unlikely to ever add BOS-LHR nonstop service as UA only serves LHR nonstop from its ORD, DEN, IAH, EWR, SFO, and IAD hubs. DL, BA, and VS also already serve LHR nonstop from BOS, and AA will also be resuming BOS-LHR nonstop service on March 29th.

airbazar

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 pm

jplatts wrote:
airbazar wrote:

NH adding BOS-TYO nonstop service is more likely than UA adding BOS-TYO due to UA only serving TYO nonstop from contiguous U.S. hubs and GUM whereas NH already has nonstop service to TYO from HNL, JFK, SJC, and SEA. NH also would be able to connect passengers onto NH, CA, OZ, BR, SQ, and TG flights to China, Taiwan, South Korea, and Southeast Asia from BOS through TYO if it adds BOS-NRT nonstop service.

UA is unlikely to ever add BOS-LHR nonstop service as UA only serves LHR nonstop from its ORD, DEN, IAH, EWR, SFO, and IAD hubs. DL, BA, and VS also already serve LHR nonstop from BOS, and AA will also be resuming BOS-LHR nonstop service on March 29th.

For TYO I was implying NH would add it that's why I said "UA/*A" so I agree with you.
However I don't think BOS-LHR on UA is that far fetched. For starters UA used to fly the route until 2001? but more importantly LHR is for all intents and purposes a UA hub (they keep going back and forth between calling it a hub and a focus city). It even has its own crew base just like FRA, NRT, and HKG. So BOS would be a spoke from LHR just like it is a spoke from IAH or SFO.

VS4ever

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm

iyerhari wrote:
Jan-2020 is not even over and I believe I had mentioned in this thread that BOS would need to grow by at-least 8.5%~ to be closer to IAH. With all these adds there is a good chance 2020 is the year.

Missed the G4 adds
AVL, VPS, TYS and GRR
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

adamh8297

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 pm

Tonight's question does DL respond with DFW or CLT?
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

massachoicetts

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:03 pm

Does anybody know if AA plans to add new FAs and Pilots to BOS. They havent added BOS based flight attendants since 2001

Ishrion

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:04 pm

adamh8297 wrote:

PHL would make sense, in a way. Delta had a decent presence there a few years ago with flights to I think Amsterdam?

VS4ever

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:08 pm

Ishrion wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

PHL would make sense, in a way. Delta had a decent presence there a few years ago with flights to I think Amsterdam?

I assume you mean an expansion with PHL, DL already fly there from BOS, 3-4 daily. CLT could be spun up pretty quickly with regional, DFW needs bigger gauge.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

adamh8297

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:10 pm

VS4ever wrote:
iyerhari wrote:

Missed the G4 adds
AVL, VPS, TYS and GRR

One more: PDL on TP
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

Ishrion

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:11 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

I assume you mean an expansion with PHL, DL already fly there from BOS, 3-4 daily. CLT could be spun up pretty quickly with regional, DFW needs bigger gauge.

Oh... yeah, that's what I meant.

For some reason I was thinking expansion from another AA hub to PTP cities, but I could see BOS to DFW in response.

jsteeves3

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:54 pm

massachoicetts wrote:
Does anybody know if AA plans to add new FAs and Pilots to BOS. They havent added BOS based flight attendants since 2001

F/As have been added in the past few years... one of the bases that people are assigned right in training meaning that it relatively junior

EADSYABSOB73857

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 am

VS4ever wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:

DL actually flies BOS-PHL 7x daily.

georgiabill

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:12 am

I am wondering if at somepoint perhaps after the Max issue is resolved(one way or the other) we will see AA restore routes to PIT, STL, BNA and SFO and try serving SDF, MEM and MCI from BOS?

tphuang

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:20 am

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

They retreated to mostly 6x daily this year. Q3 numbers were abysmal when they went to 7x.

EADSYABSOB73857

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:51 am

Flew DL BOS-ATL today and noticed a few interesting things:

1) DL in-flight mag for Jan 2020 shows (on the routes map page) BOS-YHZ being served by WestJet. Is this coming back or is this a typo by DL?

2) BOS-EWR was started October 2019 at 4x daily, and it’s been quietly increased to 5x daily. Also, BOS-DCA was announced/started at 6x daily and it’s now 7x daily. I didn’t see an announcement for these increases. Where did DL get the additional slot at DCA?

3) BOS-ATL has quietly been increased to 14x daily (from 13x) for summer 2020. BOS-ATL is now almost hourly. I thought ATL was at/near capacity.. DL must have gotten the slot from a dropped market- that’s a lot of capacity on that route- 12x A321, 2x 757.

4) BOS-LGA has lost A LOT of capacity for Summer 2020.. for Summer 2019 they were at 17x daily (same as this year), but in ‘19 those flights were 40-50% mainline, and in Summer 2020 only 2 out of 17 are mainline. I know this because I travel this route a lot for business. Is this because of DL’s adds at EWR, or due to B6 going 10x daily on BOS-LGA?

VS4ever

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:53 am

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Sorry, i was thinking back to earlier in 19 when i flew BOS-PHL on a weekend and i could have sworn it was 4x... but totally stand corrected.

VS4ever

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:58 am

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

1) DL in-flight mag for Jan 2020 shows (on the routes map page) BOS-YHZ being served by WestJet. Is this coming back or is this a typo by DL?

I just checked the WS website and there's nothing yet for the route, just has Calgary (Seasonal) and Toronto (year round), that obviously doesn't mean it can't come back and they have the timing space to do it given the reductions in their other destinations. But as of yet, I am going to say that's old info.

VS4ever

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:27 am

georgiabill wrote:
I am wondering if at somepoint perhaps after the Max issue is resolved(one way or the other) we will see AA restore routes to PIT, STL, BNA and SFO and try serving SDF, MEM and MCI from BOS?

today AA posted on their website that they think the MAX will now fly 6/4/2020

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

if that is to be believed and it's still an IF at this point, then we might find out around April time i suspect to give them enough time to re-adjust the schedules to incorporate however many they are going to be able to get back in the air in short order.

If indeed AA are embarking on a restoration program in BOS, I can see some of those coming back, the other question is, whether JFK is a lost cause at this point or that flying will come back too.

SFO I think should come back, they need that really. the others will kind of depend on whether their FF's want them or not.

EADSYABSOB73857

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:49 am

VS4ever wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

I just checked the WS website and there's nothing yet for the route, just has Calgary (Seasonal) and Toronto (year round), that obviously doesn't mean it can't come back and they have the timing space to do it given the reductions in their other destinations. But as of yet, I am going to say that's old info.

Thanks for checking.. I’ll try to grab a pic on the way home- if anyone else flys DL in the meantime, check the in-flight mag route map section. When I flew DL in November 2019 and August 2019, the maps showed the same thing, and the route was cancelled early last year, so something is going on there.

EADSYABSOB73857

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 am

With all the adds late 2019 and now this year, could we see BOS make a run at IAH? There’s a significant amount of adds coming from most carriers, and IAH just isn’t getting any new service and UA has seemed to have slowed down and not grown IAH, as they focus more on EWR and DEN..

adamh8297

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 am

Anna.aero has really stepped up their game in reporting on data.

First they did a list of Top 50 unserved routes by specific airport pairs (not metro areas) and their source was OAG traffic Analyzer not DOT Table 6
https://www.anna.aero/2020/01/13/usas-t ... assengers/
BOS-SAT is 5th with 126 PDEW so I guess there is some flying this route from MHT and PVD.
BOS-MEM was 38th with 84 PDEW
No SDF or ABQ!!

Second they did an analysis on FI's top 20 connections through KEF (individual airports in total pax for 2019).
https://www.anna.aero/2020/01/13/icelan ... ton-iad-1/

BOS-Europe routes were in the following positions:

3) BOS-CPH 17803
6) BOS-AMS 17345
8) BOS-ARN 15225
15) BOS-TXL 13394
20) BOS-HEL 12273

#1 airport pair was IAD-CDG with 20,278 and the number one city pair was WAS-LON with ~ 29000.

I would love to see these numbers before DY went Transatlantic. I think we would see a certain slot controlled airport show up.

airbazar

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 am

VS4ever wrote:
SFO I think should come back, they need that really. the others will kind of depend on whether their FF's want them or not.

I don't know if SFO makes sense. The fares on BOS-SFO are dirt cheap. At least AUS is a relatively short route.
One route that is sorely missing competition and has high fares is BOS-SLC. Would love to see a 3rd airline enter that market. Would make skiing in Utah so much more accessible :)

VS4ever

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 am

airbazar wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

I don't know if SFO makes sense. The fares on BOS-SFO are dirt cheap. At least AUS is a relatively short route.
One route that is sorely missing competition and has high fares is BOS-SLC. Would love to see a 3rd airline enter that market. Would make skiing in Utah so much more accessible :)

True, but just like B6 added ATL and LGA to get a presence because their customers asked for it, if AA want to win back FF's from DL, they are probably going to have to offer some kind of service to SFO

adamh8297

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:58 am

VS4ever wrote:
airbazar wrote:
VS4ever wrote:

True, but just like B6 added ATL and LGA to get a presence because their customers asked for it, if AA want to win back FF's from DL, they are probably going to have to offer some kind of service to SFO

AA has info we do not have such as amount of passengers booking within 7-day advance or shorter on BOS-DFW/ORD-SFO. There may be money to make.

Advanced fares for today departures (as of posting this) with Friday return are $975 and up for non-stop and AA is charging 917 for the 1-stop.

tphuang

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:27 pm

fyi, the yields on BOS-SFO have really come back up in the past year. It was B6's highest yielding mint market in Q3. In general, it's going to be a lot higher yielding than other transcons like LAX/SEA/SAN. UA cut back a lot of their lie flat capacity on the 772s. They are now running basically just 75Ss on there. DL dropped D1 and is 1x most of the year. AS is down to 2x most of the year. Only B6 has added capacity here in the past year as it saw others cut back. There is room here for AA that wasn't there 2 years ago. Also keep in mind, SFO is also one of AA's largest non-hub stations. AA should get in there before B6 goes to like 8x on this route.

clrd4t8koff

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:54 pm

massachoicetts wrote:
RDU Will be very overserved like AUS. AA will be adding 381 daily seats to the market. I think Delta flies 5 times a day to RDU and jetBlue does 4-6. So well basically have hourly flights to RDU?

LHR LAX NYC CHI MIA DFW CLT DCA PHL RDU AUS are now all served by AA .. the only major business markets missing are SFO/SJC, SEA, CMH, and YYZ. Honestly, nothing AA does will surprise me with these latest additions... They must be making a good profit in BOS. But I do see AA adding a bay area flight, it was very heavy and extremely profitable when it ran until 2010. SJC seems more likely than SFO at this moment, but you never know.

Not sure if CMH would be a priority for AA from BOS. Think there'd be bigger fish to fry like SAN, STL, DEN or BNA. If they're looking to stick with E75 flying then BNA and STL work. SAN or DEN obviously needing mainline.

uconn99

Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:34 pm

FGITD wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
The 1999 departed flights OAG shows some crazy changed over time
BOS-ALB/SYR over 10x daily each
BOS-BGR/BTV 15x daily each
BOS-PWM was about 20x daily.

That alone right there is 140 operations that was contributing to the airfield congestion and delays that plagued the airport back then.

Back in the day when you could fly from Boston to Springfield. I think at some point someone even operated BOS-BDL as a tag on with a DC-10. It's funny though, in regards to airline routes...the world got smaller, but the regions got bigger.

Delta operated BDL-BOS on the L1011, continuing onto Bermuda. Not sure about the DC-10 service

RL757PVD

Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:39 pm

uconn99 wrote:
FGITD wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
The 1999 departed flights OAG shows some crazy changed over time
BOS-ALB/SYR over 10x daily each
BOS-BGR/BTV 15x daily each
BOS-PWM was about 20x daily.

That alone right there is 140 operations that was contributing to the airfield congestion and delays that plagued the airport back then.

Back in the day when you could fly from Boston to Springfield. I think at some point someone even operated BOS-BDL as a tag on with a DC-10. It's funny though, in regards to airline routes...the world got smaller, but the regions got bigger.

Delta operated BDL-BOS on the L1011, continuing onto Bermuda. Not sure about the DC-10 service

L1011 is just a DC-10 in drag....

uconn99

Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
uconn99 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

:D :lol: :lol:

Kent350787

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:17 pm

RL757PVD wrote:

Them’s fighting words right there!
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

airbazar

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:46 am

B6 adding Summer and Winter seasonal BOS-BZN. Great addition for us skiers :)
https://www.wcvb.com/article/jetblue-ad ... d/30553649
I fully expected this to come after the HDN addition. JAC should be next but they'll need the A220 for that. The runway there is too short.

Dieuwer

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:20 am

airbazar wrote:
I fully expected this to come after the HDN addition. JAC should be next but they'll need the A220 for that. The runway there is too short.

If you like skiing, B6 should add BOS-RNO (for Lake Tahoe).

NickolayAv

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:35 am

airbazar wrote:

Good addition. Also, later in the article it says that B6 is cutting BOS-HAV, looks like they finally started caring about not filling the plane, despite the hope that the market will work out in the future.
"If you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and launch a new airline"-Richard Branson

massachoicetts

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:52 pm

Anybody know approximately when 2019 full year stats will be out?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos