Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 19
 
massachoicetts
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:43 pm

I feel its too late for that
 
airbazar
Posts: 10117
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:24 pm

massachoicetts wrote:
I feel its too late for that

It's too late for just about every route from BOS but that won't stop airlines from adding service. At the of the day if they can fill the front of the cabin there's money to be made and and my feeling is that if their more premium customers ask for it, a route will be added.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:27 pm

airbazar wrote:
massachoicetts wrote:
I feel its too late for that

It's too late for just about every route from BOS but that won't stop airlines from adding service. At the of the day if they can fill the front of the cabin there's money to be made and and my feeling is that if their more premium customers ask for it, a route will be added.


Seems like history has shown us that those airlines that cater to both premium and economy class pax survive, while those that cater only to economy pax end up kaput.
If AA clients want to fly upfront to CDG from BOS, then the flight will be added. No matter how full "kettle class" is. The money will be made upfront anyway.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
airbazar wrote:
massachoicetts wrote:
I feel its too late for that

It's too late for just about every route from BOS but that won't stop airlines from adding service. At the of the day if they can fill the front of the cabin there's money to be made and and my feeling is that if their more premium customers ask for it, a route will be added.


Seems like history has shown us that those airlines that cater to both premium and economy class pax survive, while those that cater only to economy pax end up kaput.
If AA clients want to fly upfront to CDG from BOS, then the flight will be added. No matter how full "kettle class" is. The money will be made upfront anyway.


I've always wondered about the front of the plane for local BOS-PAR traffic. I know connections help i.e a DL FF flying BOS-CDG-DEL in J.

Also big JV ad push with VS and DL at Harvard Square T station. VS is lead airline and DL gets a nod in the ads.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
FGITD
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:39 pm

airbazar wrote:
massachoicetts wrote:
I feel its too late for that

It's too late for just about every route from BOS but that won't stop airlines from adding service. At the of the day if they can fill the front of the cabin there's money to be made and and my feeling is that if their more premium customers ask for it, a route will be added.


I think he meant more that it’s literally too late to add it for this summer. The rest have all been selling tickets for months now, and the summer season tourists aren’t the type to book late
 
LH423
Posts: 5924
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 1999 6:27 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:35 am

FGITD wrote:
airbazar wrote:
massachoicetts wrote:
I feel its too late for that

It's too late for just about every route from BOS but that won't stop airlines from adding service. At the of the day if they can fill the front of the cabin there's money to be made and and my feeling is that if their more premium customers ask for it, a route will be added.


I think he meant more that it’s literally too late to add it for this summer. The rest have all been selling tickets for months now, and the summer season tourists aren’t the type to book late


Not just that, but AA operated to Paris for years. It used to be an A300 to ORY and later a 767 to CDG. In more recent years the route was made seasonal and for the last few summers of operation was flown by the 757, and increasingly just for peak summer (May-September). Unless their market dynamics have shifted greatly in recent years, I can’t see that one coming back just yet.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
 
jworks158
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:37 pm

A few things,

First it appears Viva Aerobus started service to BOS this morning, it will be operating the vacation charters that Icelandair used to operate.

2nd I flew in on WN's 1 weekly FLL-BOS service last night it had 43 empty seats (according to the FA), out of 143 seats on the 737-700.

I had the chance to explore the B renovations which have been completed over the last year, It looks really good! However the southwest section appeared quite bland.

Lastly I used the app ride pickup and it appeared to go quite smoothly, though keep in mind it was midnight.
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:01 am

jworks158 wrote:
A few things,

First it appears Viva Aerobus started service to BOS this morning, it will be operating the vacation charters that Icelandair used to operate.


Just checked Apple Vacations - only CUN - I believe FI did BOS-PUJ previously.

Due to plane utilization it departs Sunday and returns Saturday. There was a MTY-BOS red-eye for positioning. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VIV ... /MMMY/KBOS

Apple has a flat rate of $301 roundtrip for the flight. No revenue management going on here.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
iyerhari
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:06 pm

BOS Dec-2019 numbers are out. Another great year for BOS as numbers keep piling up.

Dec-2019 total pax: 3,389,382, international pax for Dec-2019: 621,349; international pax as a % of total pax for Dec-2019: 18%
Dec-2018 total pax: 3,093,944, international pax for Dec-2018: 577,998; total pax MTM AAGR: 9.55%, international pax MTM AAGR: 7.50%

Dec-2019 calendar year total pax: 42,522,411, Dec-2018 calendar year total pax: 40,941,925; YTY AAGR: 3.9%

I will send compartives between other airports as other airports start reporting their nos.

2020 looks to be a good bright start for BOS and looking forward to another great year for Logan. Checking out now as I head out to DSM via DCA.

Dec-19 Dec-18 Difference
Domestic Charter Passenger 1510 1133 33.27%
Domestic Commuter Passenger 221,847 179,466 23.62%
Domestic Jet Passenger 2,538,590 2,328,823 9.01%
Total Domestic Passengers 2,761,947 2,509,422 10.06%

International
Bermuda/Bahamas/Caribbean 114,349 106,792 7.08%
Canada 68,254 71,690 -4.79%
Central America 29,914 41,871 -28.56%
Europe 280,766 254,840 10.17%
Middle East 65,287 50,393 29.56%
South America 8,922 11,871 -24.84%
Trans-Pacific 50,375 40,541 24.26%
North Africa 3,482 0 #DIV/0!
Total International passengers 621,349 577,998 7.50%

General Aviation 6,086 6,524 -6.71%
Total Airport pax 3,389,382 3,093,944 9.55%
 
aaflyer777
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:59 pm

F9 is adding a daily BOS-PHL flight with an A319, starts May 1

https://thepointsguy.com/news/frontier- ... ew-routes/
 
jspams20
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Delta's RON situation seems not that great right now. Flew in on 1843 from SLC (lands around midnight) and waited for 35 mins for them to move planes out of the gate area. Interestingly, they had N307DX (not departing until 9:45 am and stayed all day in Boston) already at our gate A21. They eventually moved out and we finally pulled in (45 mins late). The last MSP and the last 2 ATL flights also had long waiting times whiled they towed a few E75s from the Satalite over to overnight parking.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:19 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
F9 is adding a daily BOS-PHL flight with an A319, starts May 1

https://thepointsguy.com/news/frontier- ... ew-routes/


Another out of left field.. the capacity hawks on this board will be having fits at this one...

Here's the timings (taken from flyfrontier.com)

PHL 08.49 - 10.21am BOS 319 D
BOS 09.31 - 11.16am PHL 319 D

However in looking at the other flights they announced, something else is afoot here. The 9.31am departure from BOS does not sit well with the previous schedule as clearly this is not an out and back from PHL given that the outbound leaves before the inbound arrives.

I am going to go back in to their website to see if they have re-timed something, because right now, if they are only using 1 gate, there is an 8.51am Departure to DEN and no plane arrives again until MCO at 9.18 and even F9 or WN can't turn a 319 in 15 minutes..

Stay tuned..
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:37 pm

Yep, as I suspected, there's something else coming... see below the relative departure (from BOS) and arrival times (from Station) of the 6 announced routes by F9 to BOS. Because they only use 1 gate, things have to be linear apart from IRROPS of course.

Simple math say SJU inbound - Miami Outbound
RDU inbound - DEN outbound
MCO is an out and back (from the MCO end)
PHL doesn't have a home because the outbound goes before the inbound, so that means there's no plane there..unless another route is being added.
MIA inbound - SJU outbound
DEN inbound - RDU outbound

It can't be the MCO plane due to the issue above in terms of time. But adding PHL they must have procured a 2nd gate from Massport, because with the MCO arrival being 9.18 and the PHL departure being 9.31 as stated above with the 15 minute turnaround they would need two gates handle those planes.

If that is the case, we have to be seeing at least 1 more route coming and if they truly have procured a 2nd gate for the am period, maybe more...

Departure Arrival
SJU 12.23 5.54
MIA 7.1 11.3
RDU 13.39 8.06
MCO 9.58 9.18
DEN 8.52 13.08
PHL 9.31 10.21
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
PVD757
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:23 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:55 pm

It looks like the times are different on different days. You might have to piece it all together by day of week.
Last edited by PVD757 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:59 pm

jspams20 wrote:
Delta's RON situation seems not that great right now. Flew in on 1843 from SLC (lands around midnight) and waited for 35 mins for them to move planes out of the gate area. Interestingly, they had N307DX (not departing until 9:45 am and stayed all day in Boston) already at our gate A21. They eventually moved out and we finally pulled in (45 mins late). The last MSP and the last 2 ATL flights also had long waiting times whiled they towed a few E75s from the Satalite over to overnight parking.


It gets even worse with some weather or delays. I came in on the last MSP flight one time and we waited like an hour and a half for a gate.
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900
 
FGITD
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:33 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
jspams20 wrote:
Delta's RON situation seems not that great right now. Flew in on 1843 from SLC (lands around midnight) and waited for 35 mins for them to move planes out of the gate area. Interestingly, they had N307DX (not departing until 9:45 am and stayed all day in Boston) already at our gate A21. They eventually moved out and we finally pulled in (45 mins late). The last MSP and the last 2 ATL flights also had long waiting times whiled they towed a few E75s from the Satalite over to overnight parking.


It gets even worse with some weather or delays. I came in on the last MSP flight one time and we waited like an hour and a half for a gate.


The RON issue isn’t a Delta problem, it's a Boston problem. Most RONs are Tucked in at north cargo where until approximately 9pm, there's usually a host of internationals parked. And traffic is limited because ATC doesn't like to block the alley into n cargo with an empty overnighter while the international off E9, 10, 11, 12 are all waiting to push.

The j pad on the other side has similar restrictions due to the runway being in use, jetblue deicing ops, and simply being used as a holding zone. I think it's also limited because of its use as a staging area in case of emergency, but don't quote me on that.

Very difficult to put those planes anywhere when literally the entire airfield is in use all day.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:36 pm

There are not THAT many international RONs. Top of my head: only CM and JL?
 
airbazar
Posts: 10117
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:49 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
There are not THAT many international RONs. Top of my head: only CM and JL?

I don't think that's what he meant.
"Most RONs are Tucked in at north cargo where until approximately 9pm, there's usually a host of internationals parked."
I interpreted that as, the RON parking spaces at north cargo are occupied by internationals until about 9pm.
That makes sense as the likes of TK, EK, QR, etc are usually at a remote stand at north cargo waiting for their late night departures.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:03 pm

PVD757 wrote:
It looks like the times are different on different days. You might have to piece it all together by day of week.


Yep, I've tried that and unless F9's own website is wrong, only 2 things can happen. The flight is re-timed to 8.50am (which will need the 2nd gate because of MCO), or something else is coming, because all the other timings say departure at 9.31 return at roughly 10.21 to 10.30.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
iyerhari
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:09 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
F9 is adding a daily BOS-PHL flight with an A319, starts May 1

https://thepointsguy.com/news/frontier- ... ew-routes/

I was checking peak departure from BOS-PHL

AA - 10 flights each way
DL - 6 flights each way
B6 - 8 flights each way
F9 - 1 flight each way

That is ~ 25 flights each way

WOW!
 
FGITD
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:17 pm

airbazar wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
There are not THAT many international RONs. Top of my head: only CM and JL?

I don't think that's what he meant.
"Most RONs are Tucked in at north cargo where until approximately 9pm, there's usually a host of internationals parked."
I interpreted that as, the RON parking spaces at north cargo are occupied by internationals until about 9pm.
That makes sense as the likes of TK, EK, QR, etc are usually at a remote stand at north cargo waiting for their late night departures.


That's correct, I wasn't quite as clear as I thought.

TK, QR, EK, LY and Aer Lingus all use north cargo spots. Possibly a few more that escape me at the moment as well. And there are the maintenance areas, DHL, UPS, so overall there really isn't much space at all.

Also just to add to your list, BA, VS, and Porter also overnight. Though usually they stay at a gate
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:18 pm

iyerhari wrote:
aaflyer777 wrote:
F9 is adding a daily BOS-PHL flight with an A319, starts May 1

https://thepointsguy.com/news/frontier- ... ew-routes/

I was checking peak departure from BOS-PHL

AA - 10 flights each way
DL - 6 flights each way
B6 - 8 flights each way
F9 - 1 flight each way

That is ~ 25 flights each way

WOW!


And not one single 'Wanna Get Away' flight among them. Everyone recalls when they tried to flood the zone with PHL and came out vanquished.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:33 pm

Anyone ever considered installing aircraft lifts to stack aircraft on top of eachother to save space?


I am sure you can designed a lift that fits a A380 with a 75,000 lbs lifting capacity.
 
aaflyer777
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:57 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Yep, as I suspected, there's something else coming... see below the relative departure (from BOS) and arrival times (from Station) of the 6 announced routes by F9 to BOS. Because they only use 1 gate, things have to be linear apart from IRROPS of course.

Simple math say SJU inbound - Miami Outbound
RDU inbound - DEN outbound
MCO is an out and back (from the MCO end)
PHL doesn't have a home because the outbound goes before the inbound, so that means there's no plane there..unless another route is being added.
MIA inbound - SJU outbound
DEN inbound - RDU outbound

It can't be the MCO plane due to the issue above in terms of time. But adding PHL they must have procured a 2nd gate from Massport, because with the MCO arrival being 9.18 and the PHL departure being 9.31 as stated above with the 15 minute turnaround they would need two gates handle those planes.

If that is the case, we have to be seeing at least 1 more route coming and if they truly have procured a 2nd gate for the am period, maybe more...

Departure Arrival
SJU 12.23 5.54
MIA 7.1 11.3
RDU 13.39 8.06
MCO 9.58 9.18
DEN 8.52 13.08
PHL 9.31 10.21


PHL is also the only route from BOS thats loaded as an A319 so it seems very likely we'll see another route announcement soon.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:44 pm

aaflyer777 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
Yep, as I suspected, there's something else coming... see below the relative departure (from BOS) and arrival times (from Station) of the 6 announced routes by F9 to BOS. Because they only use 1 gate, things have to be linear apart from IRROPS of course.

Simple math say SJU inbound - Miami Outbound
RDU inbound - DEN outbound
MCO is an out and back (from the MCO end)
PHL doesn't have a home because the outbound goes before the inbound, so that means there's no plane there..unless another route is being added.
MIA inbound - SJU outbound
DEN inbound - RDU outbound

It can't be the MCO plane due to the issue above in terms of time. But adding PHL they must have procured a 2nd gate from Massport, because with the MCO arrival being 9.18 and the PHL departure being 9.31 as stated above with the 15 minute turnaround they would need two gates handle those planes.

If that is the case, we have to be seeing at least 1 more route coming and if they truly have procured a 2nd gate for the am period, maybe more...

Departure Arrival
SJU 12.23 5.54
MIA 7.1 11.3
RDU 13.39 8.06
MCO 9.58 9.18
DEN 8.52 13.08
PHL 9.31 10.21


PHL is also the only route from BOS thats loaded as an A319 so it seems very likely we'll see another route announcement soon.


Ok, I guess F9 were reading my comments as they have now updated their system... as a result, I was wrong about the 2nd gate and the mysterious flight not yet filed, however I was right in stating they had a gap in their schedules for the am and this is the missing piece (so 1 out of 3 ain't bad right!)

New schedule below as I can see it from their website

PHL 08.49 - 10.21BOS 319 5
PHL 08.58-10.30 BOS 319 X5

BOS 11.06 - 12.48 PHL 319 5
BOS 11.10 - 12.52 PHL 319 x5
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Updated Terminal E Analysis:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Now includes the updated F9 schedule, G4 schedule and the removal of the Level BOS-ORY.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:57 am

I guess it's game over for Hainan.in Boston. All flights from China (mainland?) will ONLY be allowed to land at ATL, HNL, JFK, LAX, SEA, and SFO from this Sunday on.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... ask-force/
 
FGITD
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:06 am

At the very least, temporarily game over.

I'm sure once this is all settled and clear, however long that may be, they'll be back.
 
S0Y
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:46 am

FGITD wrote:
At the very least, temporarily game over.

I'm sure once this is all settled and clear, however long that may be, they'll be back.


This might even help them -- loads at this time of year would not be great anyway.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:47 am

the ATL, HNL, JFK, LAX, SEA and SFO piece has been in the works for a while, in fact that's what they said was likely to happen just after this whole thing start spooling up, so not surprised they have put it into place. Shame for BOS, but oh well, world health is way more important than a couple of China flights a day. Looking at airlineroutes, I notice most are suspending for a month or two, that's a lot of capacity that's going to be somewhat lying about, look for example at LH group, only 2 1/2 weeks worth, but who knows if it will be more and still that's a lot of metal, of course they can do maintenance on them and stuff, but they aren't earning money that's for sure.

Vienna – Beijing 5 weekly 767

Frankfurt – Beijing Capital 7 weekly 747-8I
Frankfurt – Nanjing 3 weekly A340-300
Frankfurt – Qingdao 3 weekly A340-300
Frankfurt – Shanghai Pu Dong 7 weekly A340-600
Frankfurt – Shenyang 3 weekly A340-300
Munich – Beijing Capital 5 weekly A350-900XWB
Munich – Shanghai Pu Dong 6 weekly A380

Zurich – Beijing Capital 5 weekly A330-300
Zurich – Shanghai Pu Dong 7 weekly A340-300
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:48 am

FGITD wrote:
At the very least, temporarily game over.

I'm sure once this is all settled and clear, however long that may be, they'll be back.


They won’t be back if they go bankrupt...
 
FGITD
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:52 am

Dieuwer wrote:
FGITD wrote:
At the very least, temporarily game over.

I'm sure once this is all settled and clear, however long that may be, they'll be back.


They won’t be back if they go bankrupt...


Hainan had an interesting ownership structure. I think it would take a lot to drive them out of business. Not that it's impossible, it just seems they are perhaps a little more insulated than many others
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:53 am

FGITD wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
FGITD wrote:
At the very least, temporarily game over.

I'm sure once this is all settled and clear, however long that may be, they'll be back.


They won’t be back if they go bankrupt...


Hainan had an interesting ownership structure. I think it would take a lot to drive them out of business. Not that it's impossible, it just seems they are perhaps a little more insulated than many others


I thought the Hainan Group already had financial difficulties?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -of-crisis
 
FGITD
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:57 am

Dieuwer wrote:
FGITD wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

They won’t be back if they go bankrupt...


Hainan had an interesting ownership structure. I think it would take a lot to drive them out of business. Not that it's impossible, it just seems they are perhaps a little more insulated than many others


I thought the Hainan Group already had financial difficulties?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -of-crisis


They've had trouble, but I believe there's some sort of state or provincial ownership involved as well, and the various other airlines and hotels etc the group owns. I can't pretend to know too much about it.

Regardless of all that, I do agree that it'll be trouble ahead, and depending on how long this lasts, could see some major changes
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:26 pm

S0Y wrote:
FGITD wrote:
At the very least, temporarily game over.

I'm sure once this is all settled and clear, however long that may be, they'll be back.


This might even help them -- loads at this time of year would not be great anyway.



US3 cuts help too.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
jworks158
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:13 pm

From the OAG thread:
AC BOS-YVR SEP 0.4>1.0[0.5] OCT 0>0.4[0]

Looks like the YVR route is being extended.
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:42 pm

Coronavirus has arrived in Boston UMass student first confirmed case: https://whdh.com/news/umass-boston-stud ... ronavirus/
I will be wearing a face mask henceforth.
 
airbazar
Posts: 10117
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Coronavirus has arrived in Boston UMass student first confirmed case: https://whdh.com/news/umass-boston-stud ... ronavirus/
I will be wearing a face mask henceforth.

Well, you won't be happy to learn that a face mask does absolutely nothing to protect you against the virus, but their manufactures will thank you for your money :)
https://www.livescience.com/face-mask-n ... virus.html

All of these suspensions just go to show you that absolutely no one is making money to China these days, so it's an easy decision to make. During the SARS epidemic we didn't see nearly these many cuts and that was a far worse world health event than the Coronavirus. For comparison, SARS had over a 9% mortality rate while Coronavirus stands at 2%.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/worl ... china.html
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:53 pm

airbazar wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Coronavirus has arrived in Boston UMass student first confirmed case: https://whdh.com/news/umass-boston-stud ... ronavirus/
I will be wearing a face mask henceforth.

Well, you won't be happy to learn that a face mask does absolutely nothing to protect you against the virus, but their manufactures will thank you for your money :)
https://www.livescience.com/face-mask-n ... virus.html

All of these suspensions just go to show you that absolutely no one is making money to China these days, so it's an easy decision to make. During the SARS epidemic we didn't see nearly these many cuts and that was a far worse world health event than the Coronavirus. For comparison, SARS had over a 9% mortality rate while Coronavirus stands at 2%.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/worl ... china.html


Another option for people who spread the virus around, is to charge them with BIO-TERRORISM. ;)
 
S0Y
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:26 pm

airbazar wrote:

For comparison, SARS had over a 9% mortality rate while Coronavirus stands at 2%.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/worl ... china.html


There was someone on the news over the weekend pointing out that though Coronavirus has lower mortality rate, it is much easier to transmit.
2% of 50million is much worse than 9% of 1million......hence a lot of the concern about this.

Of course its still early days yet, and it will be some time before the full facts are known.
 
airbazar
Posts: 10117
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:12 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:41 pm

S0Y wrote:
airbazar wrote:

For comparison, SARS had over a 9% mortality rate while Coronavirus stands at 2%.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/worl ... china.html


There was someone on the news over the weekend pointing out that though Coronavirus has lower mortality rate, it is much easier to transmit.
2% of 50million is much worse than 9% of 1million......hence a lot of the concern about this.

Of course its still early days yet, and it will be some time before the full facts are known.


There's a lot hysteria and paranoia going around, that much we know. Early days, the worst has passed, it depends on who you ask.
650,000, people die every year worldwide from the common flu and no one bats an eye to it. In this country alone 20-50 thousand people die every year, depending on the severity of the flu. A few hundred die of Coronavirus mostly in one region of the world and we call it a Global Pandemic, and start banning flights and canceling flights. It's crazy.

Correction: Thousand, not million.
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:38 am

Looks like CX is still flying from HKG to BOS and back. I suppose for the US administration, HKG ≠ China.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2563
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:56 am

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-02feb20/

Well it’s official HU are gone from BOS for pretty much 2 months. Reservations closed until 3/28
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
User avatar
tlecam
Posts: 1498
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1440387

AA adding another non-stop to MIA next summer, to feed their new GOL relationship.

THat means that BOS-MIA will have 11 flights (8 with AA, 2 with DL, 1 with Frontier) next summer.

Additionally, there will be 7 non stop flights between BOS and FLL (4 with B6, 1 with DL and 2 with Spirit).

That's a lot of traffic between Boston and South FL!
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Wonder if that'd have any impact on JJ's BOS-GRU
@DadCelo
 
iyerhari
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 pm

tlecam wrote:
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1440387

AA adding another non-stop to MIA next summer, to feed their new GOL relationship.

THat means that BOS-MIA will have 11 flights (8 with AA, 2 with DL, 1 with Frontier) next summer.

Additionally, there will be 7 non stop flights between BOS and FLL (4 with B6, 1 with DL and 2 with Spirit).

That's a lot of traffic between Boston and South FL!

Wow! This is becoming like another PHL excursion with multiple flights each way.
 
EADSYABSOB73857
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:38 pm

Based on all these adds and new routes for next year, what are we projecting for a pax number and growth multiple? Certainly more than what Massport is projecting.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:42 pm

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
Based on all these adds and new routes for next year, what are we projecting for a pax number and growth multiple? Certainly more than what Massport is projecting.


Haven’t really been following BOS much this year, what adds we looking at?
 
User avatar
ChrisNH38
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:17 pm

This might be a year where domestic outpaces international at Logan.
https://my.flightradar24.com/ChrisNH
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2412
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:42 pm

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
Based on all these adds and new routes for next year, what are we projecting for a pax number and growth multiple? Certainly more than what Massport is projecting.


I suppose we will see a drop in pax count this year due to the Coronavirus. Not to mention the possibility of HU and CX bankruptcy.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 19

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos