Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dieuwer

Re: Boston Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:38 pm

If BOS-SFO is so fantastic, maybe we should go back to the old days and have AA fly BOS-SFO again ;)

tphuang

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:41 pm

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

DL's Skyteam partner KE can offer connection from Boston to Asia via ICN. No need to fly the wrong way for 6 hours.
Besides, BOS-SFO has been a bloodbath for economy fares.

As has cut BOS-SFO for July. August is still too far out to know what their final schedule looks like. DL has cut BOS-SFO for July/August. They haven't made their September cuts yet. I'd be very shocked to see that come back anytime soon, since they have said to not expect any domestic additions for rest of the year. I think airlines will all be conservative with capacity for rest of the year.

Don’t know where to start... you cannot compare AS at SFO to DL at BOS -DL at BOS is running a larger, more international and more profitable operation. It may not be a profitable route at this time but DL is going to run it (just like B6 is going to run ATL or IAH) because it’s one of the biggest business markets from Boston, even though it may not be one of the most profitable, and may be a hub for another airline. London used to be a similar situation and look what happened; it has grown in load-factor, become more profitable and increased in flights (for Delta). I got news for you, DL at BOS is going to grow, and it may seem bleak right now, but it’s going to grow. You’ve challenged what I’ve stated on this forum when I’ve provided sources, and you’ve shot down and tried to discredit what I’ve said and you haven’t provided any data or sources and it’s been all speculative. You are clearly a very biased person, and you have your own agenda when it comes to airlines you support. DL and B6 will be huge contenders at BOS, and B6 will probably be more profitable and bigger, but you can’t just shoot down the strategy of B6 competitors.

You should start by looking at the trail of replies. Dieuwer stated he doesn't know why AS/DL are still on BOS-SFO. I simply replied that they are in fact not flying these routes and DL has cut it out for longer than AS. This has nothing to do with our other arguments. Frankly, I'm not looking to rehash these arguments with you.

Look around BOS. Demand is way down. Business travel is way down. Airlines are going to be really conservative with capacity for the rest of this year.

Other things to think about when it comes to capacity out of BOS.
- B6 has been seeing very light bookings in those shorthaul business markets that have traditionally relied on high frequencies on E90 jet. They are having a real hard time adding back flights at BOS. Not likely to see many flights on top of their August schedule which peaks at a little over 90 flights. Likely to stay under 100 for rest of th year
- DL has indicated to its employees that what they operate in August is most likely the capacity they will have the rest of the year. And given Jan/Feb are typically the lowest month, they likely won't add back anything on top of what they operate in August until late February or March.

So what you see in late July and August is likely what you are going to see for a while.
Last edited by tphuang on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dieuwer

Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:50 pm

Actually, an argument FOR AS keeping BOS-SFO is its ascension to OneWorld. I would surmize that OneWorld would want to have a foothold in a important business route like that. Not withstanding the current crisis (which will not last forever).

IdlewildJFK

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:20 am

Dieuwer wrote:
Gov. Baker just slapped quarantine requirements on every traveler except those from the Northeast.
That can't be good for TCONs and flights from the south. More July and August cuts coming soon!

That is not true. The 14 day quarantine from all other states into MA had been in place for months. It was just modified to exempt the other 5 New England states, plus Jersey and NY. It got less strict, not more.

Dieuwer

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:59 am

IdlewildJFK wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Gov. Baker just slapped quarantine requirements on every traveler except those from the Northeast.
That can't be good for TCONs and flights from the south. More July and August cuts coming soon!

That is not true. The 14 day quarantine from all other states into MA had been in place for months. It was just modified to exempt the other 5 New England states, plus Jersey and NY. It got less strict, not more.

Yes, but "More Is Less" remember?
Now that the entire New England plus NJ and NY are fair game, people might reconsider taking that far flung trip and stay "closer at home" instead. For example, instead of Myrtle Beach now people might go to Ogunquit. Or Atlantic City instead of Las Vegas. Or go to Lake Ontario instead of Lake Michigan.

EADSYABSOB73857

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:08 am

tphuang wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

As has cut BOS-SFO for July. August is still too far out to know what their final schedule looks like. DL has cut BOS-SFO for July/August. They haven't made their September cuts yet. I'd be very shocked to see that come back anytime soon, since they have said to not expect any domestic additions for rest of the year. I think airlines will all be conservative with capacity for rest of the year.

Don’t know where to start... you cannot compare AS at SFO to DL at BOS -DL at BOS is running a larger, more international and more profitable operation. It may not be a profitable route at this time but DL is going to run it (just like B6 is going to run ATL or IAH) because it’s one of the biggest business markets from Boston, even though it may not be one of the most profitable, and may be a hub for another airline. London used to be a similar situation and look what happened; it has grown in load-factor, become more profitable and increased in flights (for Delta). I got news for you, DL at BOS is going to grow, and it may seem bleak right now, but it’s going to grow. You’ve challenged what I’ve stated on this forum when I’ve provided sources, and you’ve shot down and tried to discredit what I’ve said and you haven’t provided any data or sources and it’s been all speculative. You are clearly a very biased person, and you have your own agenda when it comes to airlines you support. DL and B6 will be huge contenders at BOS, and B6 will probably be more profitable and bigger, but you can’t just shoot down the strategy of B6 competitors.

You should start by looking at the trail of replies. Dieuwer stated he doesn't know why AS/DL are still on BOS-SFO. I simply replied that they are in fact not flying these routes and DL has cut it out for longer than AS. This has nothing to do with our other arguments. Frankly, I'm not looking to rehash these arguments with you.

Look around BOS. Demand is way down. Business travel is way down. Airlines are going to be really conservative with capacity for the rest of this year.

- B6 has been seeing very light bookings in those shorthaul business markets that have traditionally relied on high frequencies on E90 jet. They are having a real hard time adding back flights at BOS. Not likely to see many flights on top of their August schedule which peaks at a little over 90 flights. Likely to stay under 100 for rest of th year
- DL has indicated to its employees that what they operate in August is most likely the capacity they will have the rest of the year. And given Jan/Feb are typically the lowest month, they likely won't add back anything on top of what they operate in August until late February or March.

So what you see in late July and August is likely what you are going to see for a while.

What you are saying about overall demand in the US is spot on, I agree 100%. I think where we disagree is DL’s commitment to BOS. Based on your posts, you clearly articulate (based on speculation and your own bias) that DL is not ambitious towards certain focus cites and I don’t fully agree.. I mean.. bro, they’re adding flights back.. Again, for you to dismiss Boston, and state that DL will run the city at possibly 50 flights- do you have any idea as to the nature of the Boston market? No doubt traffic/demand is way down... but something you’ve stated that you’ve been very ambitious about that I’ve called you out on and you’ve never referenced (if you are unwilling to admit, I am more than happy to search and find your posts)
Is DL’s lack of need, BOS is overall a declining market in terms of profitability... Have you ever read an annual report for either carrier??

aaflyer777

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 am

DL will bring back BOS-SFO when business travel starts to recover, its one of those routes they have to fly if they want to keep their BOS corporate customers happy, even if they lose money on it.

tphuang

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:15 am

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

What you are saying about overall demand in the US is spot on, I agree 100%. I think where we disagree is DL’s commitment to BOS. Based on your posts, you clearly articulate (based on speculation and your own bias) that DL is not ambitious towards certain focus cites and I don’t fully agree.. I mean.. bro, they’re adding flights back.. Again, for you to dismiss Boston, and state that DL will run the city at possibly 50 flights- do you have any idea as to the nature of the Boston market? No doubt traffic/demand is way down... but something you’ve stated that you’ve been very ambitious about that I’ve called you out on and you’ve never referenced (if you are unwilling to admit, I am more than happy to search and find your posts)
Is DL’s lack of need, BOS is overall a declining market in terms of profitability... Have you ever read an annual report for either carrier??

Again, I see no reason to engage you here, but you are falsifying my words. My positions have been laid out in several places by now. I have said 70 to 90 flight focus City for the next few years until the effect of this pandemic is over. Don't misrepresent my words.

EADSYABSOB73857

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:32 am

tphuang wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Again, I see no reason to engage you here, but you are falsifying my words. My positions have been laid out in several places by now. I have said 70 to 90 flight focus City for the next few years. Don't misrepresent my words.

I mea

What worlds am I falsifying? Okay, I mean, NO. You’re wrong. Look man, I’m not here to make your life miserable. You are VERY biased B6- admit it... you are sleeping in their bed and if you can’t admit this publicly, shame on you- your posts show you are horrifically biased. I am agnostic, and I can easily prove that to you, but for you to be taken seriously, you need to prove you are non biased.

airbazar

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:08 am

Dieuwer wrote:

Hummm, We had a quarantine on all travelers coming in from out of state. Gov. Baker actually lifted the quarantine "recommendation" from 7 northeast states. Keep in mind that in MA the 14 day quarantine is not enforceable.
Dieuwer wrote:
If BOS-SFO is so fantastic, maybe we should go back to the old days and have AA fly BOS-SFO again ;)

Based on what AA was doing just before the Pandemic, they were probably headed in that direction anyway.
The main issue for AA on that route is that neither city is an AA hub.

tphuang

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:36 am

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:

Again, I see no reason to engage you here, but you are falsifying my words. My positions have been laid out in several places by now. I have said 70 to 90 flight focus City for the next few years. Don't misrepresent my words.

I mea

What worlds am I falsifying? Okay, I mean, NO. You’re wrong. Look man, I’m not here to make your life miserable. You are VERY biased B6- admit it... you are sleeping in their bed and if you can’t admit this publicly, shame on you- your posts show you are horrifically biased. I am agnostic, and I can easily prove that to you, but for you to be taken seriously, you need to prove you are non biased.

you wrote "Again, for you to dismiss Boston, and state that DL will run the city at possibly 50 flights- do you have any idea as to the nature of the Boston market? No doubt traffic/demand is way down"

I have been saying 70 to 90 flights focus city all along. That's definitely falsifying my words.

As for rest of your comments. Just personal attacks.

jworks158

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:04 pm

I am not sure if y'all noticed but we have some exciting flights today.

The return of QR with the A359 just landed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but today is also the first time the A350-1000 has been to BOS.
S4 also returns today.

With LH scheduled for tomorrow with the A333.

Happy spotting!
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie

Dieuwer

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:11 pm

I was in Terminal A today and it was quiet but not deserted. Now in DL JFK Skyclub waiting for my flight to AMS.

FGITD

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 pm

jworks158 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but today is also the first time the A350-1000 has been to BOS.
S4 also returns today.

Happy spotting!

It's not an a35k, normal a359.

Definitely a lot more activity on over here than the last few months

Dieuwer

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:15 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
I was in Terminal A today and it was quiet but not deserted. Now in DL JFK Skyclub waiting for my flight to AMS.

It seems that the flight to AMS is going to be rather full. Gate area very busy.

johhn14

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:20 pm

FGITD wrote:
jworks158 wrote:

S4 also returns today.

Happy spotting!

Confusing as written, but I assume that's a reference to the BA A35K which is due to land in a little bit.

FGITD

Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:24 pm

johhn14 wrote:
FGITD wrote:
jworks158 wrote:

S4 also returns today.

Happy spotting!

Confusing as written, but I assume that's a reference to the BA A35K which is due to land in a little bit.

ah right you are. Misread on my part. As luck would have it, I was standing under that 359 at the time so I was focused on that!

BostonBeau

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:42 pm

Just wondering....why does JetBlue operate nonstop flights between Boston and Bozeman MT on weekends? Is there a National Park or some other major attraction in Bozeman that would attract leisure travelers from Boston?

aaflyer777

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 pm

BostonBeau wrote:
Just wondering....why does JetBlue operate nonstop flights between Boston and Bozeman MT on weekends? Is there a National Park or some other major attraction in Bozeman that would attract leisure travelers from Boston?

There is indeed, lots of people go to Bozeman to visit Yellowstone

Dieuwer

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:38 am

I hope they keep it. Next year summer there is a major conference in Big Sky MT and a nonstop from BOS to BZN would be handy.

Dieuwer

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:47 am

Dieuwer wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

It seems that the flight to AMS is going to be rather full. Gate area very busy.

On arrival at AMS, nobody checks your temperature or asks for the health declaration form. In fact you simply present your passport and are waved through. It is almost like business as usual. But the airport is fairly quiet though.

airbazar

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:01 pm

BostonBeau wrote:

We're on that flight next week and can't wait for the change of scenery :D B6 operates 2x weekly, on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Bozeman is the gateway to Yellowstone NP and it also provides access to Glacier NP and Grand Teton NP along with a plethora of outdoor activities outside the aforementioned National parks. Bozeman is also the gateway to Big Sky and Yellowstone Club.
Speaking of which, anyone know what food options are open in terminal C at this time? With a 5-hour flight departing at ~11am we're going to need to pack a lunch.

VS4ever

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:54 pm

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -aug-2020/
Looks like HA are restarting 7/30 with 3 weekly
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

jworks158

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:03 pm

FGITD wrote:
johhn14 wrote:
FGITD wrote:

ah right you are. Misread on my part. As luck would have it, I was standing under that 359 at the time so I was focused on that!

Here some photos from the Inaugural, light wasn't too good unfortunately: https://twitter.com/theOrangetechie/status/1278517468269608960?s=20

Thankfully the 2nd time around the light was far better, the 2nd A350-1000 flight from yesterday: https://twitter.com/theOrangetechie/status/1279133213760401408?s=20
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie

airbazar

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:25 pm

The "first day" of European operations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfp6w0tc9bI

jplatts

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:54 pm

EADSYABSOB73857 wrote:
I got news for you, DL at BOS is going to grow, and it may seem bleak right now, but it’s going to grow. You’ve challenged what I’ve stated on this forum when I’ve provided sources, and you’ve shot down and tried to discredit what I’ve said and you haven’t provided any data or sources and it’s been all speculative. You are clearly a very biased person, and you have your own agenda when it comes to airlines you support. DL and B6 will be huge contenders at BOS, and B6 will probably be more profitable and bigger, but you can’t just shoot down the strategy of B6 competitors.

DL still has an advantage over B6 at BOS with DL having nonstop service out of BOS to some domestic destinations not currently served by B6 such as CVG, CMH, IND, MCI, MKE, and ORF and with DL offering 1-stop connecting service from BOS through other DL hubs to other destinations that are not served by B6.

I had previously mentioned B6 re-entering CMH as a possibility with B6 having already re-entered other destinations that it previously pulled out of such as ATL and BNA.

Another advantage that DL has over B6 at BOS is that DL offers First Class service on nonstop routes out of BOS that do not have B6 Mint service.

In order to strengthen its competitive position at BOS against DL, B6 needs to add nonstop service out of BOS to some additional destinations such as CVG, CMH, IND, MCI, MKE, and ORF.

OzarkD9S

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:10 pm

jplatts wrote:

DL still has an advantage over B6 at BOS with DL having nonstop service out of BOS to some domestic destinations not currently served by B6 such as CVG, CMH, IND, MCI, MKE, and ORF and with DL offering 1-stop connecting service from BOS through other DL hubs to other destinations that are not served by B6.

I had previously mentioned B6 re-entering CMH as a possibility with B6 having already re-entered other destinations that it previously pulled out of such as ATL and BNA.

Another advantage that DL has over B6 at BOS is that DL offers First Class service on nonstop routes out of BOS that do not have B6 Mint service.

In order to strengthen its competitive position at BOS against DL, B6 needs to add nonstop service out of BOS to some additional destinations such as CVG, CMH, IND, MCI, MKE, and ORF.

In what year are you thinking? 2025, 2035? B6 ignores the Midwest, they are nothing here. Speaking as an STL resident.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

jplatts

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:47 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
In what year are you thinking? 2025, 2035? B6 ignores the Midwest, they are nothing here. Speaking as an STL resident.

B6 needs to add nonstop service out of BOS to some additional domestic destinations in the next 5 years (but after demand for domestic air travel out of BOS recovers) in order to remain competitive against DL in the BOS market.

AA, WN, G4, and NK also have nonstop service out of BOS to some domestic destinations not currently served by B6, including the following:
AA - BOS-MDT/IND/EYW/ILM
WN - BOS-STL
G4 - BOS-AVL/VPS/GRR/TYS
NK - BOS-MYR

airbazar

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:10 am

jplatts wrote:

B6 needs to add nonstop service out of BOS to some additional domestic destinations in the next 5 years (but after demand for domestic air travel out of BOS recovers) in order to remain competitive against DL in the BOS market.

Sorry, was i in a coma for a few years? What did I miss? In order to remain competitive against DL? Are you forgetting who is bigger and more profitable at BOS? It's DL who has a lot of work to do in order to catch up to B6. And given the current setback it could be quite a while until DL reaches that position.
Has DL caught up to AA yet or are they still #3 at BOS?

iyerhari

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:19 pm

airbazar wrote:
Sorry, was i in a coma for a few years? What did I miss? In order to remain competitive against DL? Are you forgetting who is bigger and more profitable at BOS? It's DL who has a lot of work to do in order to catch up to B6. And given the current setback it could be quite a while until DL reaches that position.
Has DL caught up to AA yet or are they still #3 at BOS?

Prior to COVID days, DL was ahead of AA in terms of number of pax and per Massport, they had plans to further increase the lead. B6 was far ahead of DL. In the present circumstances, it’s tough to say as the demand is so low. It would be interesting to see what unfolds when things start picking up.

BOSMEMFlyer

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:05 pm

Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but I haven't seen it on any of the AA releases: are they still planning to resume BOS-LHR on their own metal later this year? I see it available to book on their website, but we all know that isn't always reliable :D

jsteeves3

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:33 pm

BOSMEMFlyer wrote:
Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but I haven't seen it on any of the AA releases: are they still planning to resume BOS-LHR on their own metal later this year? I see it available to book on their website, but we all know that isn't always reliable :D

Set to resume on 10/24... something weird I found also is that the plan before COVID was to provide a 1x daily 772 flight to MIA to get a 772 up to BOS to operate the LHR flight. Only seeing that loaded in for the first few days... any thoughts?

FGITD

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:43 pm

Just saw a graphic from AF showing 6x a week CDG-BOS from September 1. Might be ambitious depending on load factors, but still nice to see carriers planning bigger returns to service

FGITD

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:48 pm

jsteeves3 wrote:
BOSMEMFlyer wrote:

Set to resume on 10/24... something weird I found also is that the plan before COVID was to provide a 1x daily 772 flight to MIA to get a 772 up to BOS to operate the LHR flight. Only seeing that loaded in for the first few days... any thoughts?

I believe quite literally the week that everything shut down back in March, AA actually operated the MIA 772 leg a few times. Good to see that they still plan on running it though. Depending on how long the restrictions are in place, LHR might be a good path forward

Interesting thing to see yesterday, two UA 78X diversions side by side at E. Bad weather out of EWR I suppose. Prior that to that, it had been 2 AF planes side by side. Weird times over here.

Dieuwer

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm

FGITD wrote:
Just saw a graphic from AF showing 6x a week CDG-BOS from September 1. Might be ambitious depending on load factors, but still nice to see carriers planning bigger returns to service

First EU ban must be gone, then more capacity. Not the other way around.

clrd4t8koff

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
FGITD wrote:

I'm sorry do you run a major global airline? Do you not think AF, who's been in business for 86 years, knows what they're doing? It's not like FGITD, who's been extremely knowledgeable in BOS ops and works at the airport, comes on here to spread nonsense.

For the record - the US has been closed to UK citizens since March yet BA has operated daily flights during this. So a ban doesn't have to be removed to increase services.

airbazar

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:09 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
FGITD wrote:

I'm sorry do you run a major global airline? Do you not think AF, who's been in business for 86 years, knows what they're doing? It's not like FGITD, who's been extremely knowledgeable in BOS ops and works at the airport, comes on here to spread nonsense.

For the record - the US has been closed to UK citizens since March yet BA has operated daily flights during this. So a ban doesn't have to be removed to increase services.

Small important detail here: The EU does not have a ban. The EU merely proposed a "ban" but it's up to each individual country to impose whatever restrictions they feel is necessary and so far I have no idea of what country bans whom. It's really a mess right now. EU citizens (like myself), and their families are not banned. People traveling for business are also not banned. I don't think connecting passengers are banned either so one can see how AF might want to increase service during a period of returning students.

jsteeves3

Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:06 pm

Just noticed that NK has 2x daily BOS-EWR scheduled to begin Nov. 18th per google flights and their website. Was this previously announced? The times leaving BOS are 7:00am and 2:09pm.

iyerhari

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:52 pm

[quote="airbazar”]
Small important detail here: The EU does not have a ban. The EU merely proposed a "ban" but it's up to each individual country to impose whatever restrictions they feel is necessary and so far I have no idea of what country bans whom. It's really a mess right now. EU citizens (like myself), and their families are not banned. People traveling for business are also not banned. I don't think connecting passengers are banned either so one can see how AF might want to increase service during a period of returning students.[/quote]
My understanding is if you are a citizen of say France or U.K. and also happen to carry a US citizenship, the home country cannot stop from you coming in. Except the passenger will have to comply with the respective country quarantine mandated rules. I believe AF, BA etc are catering to these passengers plus cargo. Maybe I am wrong but others maybe able to elaborate.

FGITD

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 am

iyerhari wrote:
[quote="airbazar”]
Small important detail here: The EU does not have a ban. The EU merely proposed a "ban" but it's up to each individual country to impose whatever restrictions they feel is necessary and so far I have no idea of what country bans whom. It's really a mess right now. EU citizens (like myself), and their families are not banned. People traveling for business are also not banned. I don't think connecting passengers are banned either so one can see how AF might want to increase service during a period of returning students.[/quote]
My understanding is if you are a citizen of say France or U.K. and also happen to carry a US citizenship, the home country cannot stop from you coming in. Except the passenger will have to comply with the respective country quarantine mandated rules. I believe AF, BA etc are catering to these passengers plus cargo. Maybe I am wrong but others maybe able to elaborate.[/quote]

I'll spare you the complexities of it all, because to be honest with you, I don't know all the ins and outs of the regulations yet. Basically speaking, if you're an American with no affiliation to Europe, you're probably not going. But depending on country, visa holders, permanent residents, property owners, spouses, children, transit pax and so on can get waived and gain entry....under certain conditions.

And there are of course the dual citizens, who make up a pretty good amount of pax.

My advice...if you're traveling, regardless of how clear cut your scenario is, get to the airport early. You may fly through check in, but the 50 people ahead of you might not.

ASA

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:36 pm

Emirates plans return to BOS on Aug 15 ...
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/e ... re-cities/

pitbosflyer

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:33 pm

ASA wrote:

Their website shows it starting as a 777

Then swapped out for an A380 by September 1st. Naturally this could still change, but great to see them still thinking they will bring the whale back quickly.
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900

jsteeves3

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:57 am

Tomorrow’s 12:10pm flight to BUF on B6 is scheduled to operate on an a321 with the MINT configuration (#2215). Any thoughts as to why a mint plane would be used? My guess is that it is just a substitution for the normally used a320 during COVID. As to why they need to substitute it... I don’t know....

FGITD

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:01 am

jsteeves3 wrote:
Tomorrow’s 12:10pm flight to BUF on B6 is scheduled to operate on an a321 with the MINT configuration (#2215). Any thoughts as to why a mint plane would be used? My guess is that it is just a substitution for the normally used a320 during COVID. As to why they need to substitute it... I don’t know....

Could be a frame that needs a flight rotation. Seems like the majority of the JetBlue Airbus fleet in Boston is no longer "asleep." So for maintenance sake, it might just need a quick out and back.

But honestly, just guessing. I work mostly widebodies and if they're in Boston more than 2 or 3 hours managers panic and it gets expensive.

airbazar

Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:44 am

Well, well, well... it seems B6 is using this Covid-19 situation to make a strong push forward. First the EWR expansion, now the LAX expansion. Makes me wonder what's in store for BOS. TATL expansion starting next Summer, perhaps? I suspect that those coveted LHR and AMS slots will become available as airlines drop off or become desperate for cash.

Dieuwer

Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:
Dieuwer wrote:

On arrival at AMS, nobody checks your temperature or asks for the health declaration form. In fact you simply present your passport and are waved through. It is almost like business as usual. But the airport is fairly quiet though.

Entire health check welcoming party on the return in JFK. Plane (A330?) had only 21(!) pax. No idea how DL can make money like that. There was basically one flight atttendant per 3 pax. Economy Comfort was good. Flight was great.

VS4ever

Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:01 am

Nice to see the BA 787 fly Over the top of my house tonight. Load looked to be around 35 given the level of the wings (kidding)

Still was a nice sight though
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

MAH4546

Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:04 am

pitbosflyer wrote:
ASA wrote:

Their website shows it starting as a 777

Then swapped out for an A380 by September 1st. Naturally this could still change, but great to see them still thinking they will bring the whale back quickly.

Emirates has not loaded its schedules past August 31st.
a.

FGITD

Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:17 am

VS4ever wrote:
Nice to see the BA 787 fly Over the top of my house tonight. Load looked to be around 35 given the level of the wings (kidding)

Still was a nice sight though

Given that you’re VS4ever and not BA4ever, we’ll excuse the misidentifying of an a35k as a 787!

It's been awhile since I was around BA boarding, but based on the loading info, it looks like they're picking up pretty nicely in terms of pax counts.

As far as health checks go, all temperatures are taken before you enter customs, and as far as I've seen, before you board at departure. Though I think that varies by carrier.

Also curious what will become of Aer Lingus at E. They've been back for a few months, but believe it or not, gate space is already becoming a hot commodity in the afternoon on some days. Not helped by the number of overnighters...

cockpitherald

Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Azures Airlines resumed flights to Boston. There will be five flights per week to Boston in July and October and increase to seven in August and September.

https://airlinegeeks.com/2020/07/12/azo ... frankfurt/