BNAMealer

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:56 pm

n917me wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
n917me wrote:

During the summer we go to 45-50 departures. We operate to all hubs except PHX and several times during the day, there is a flight to each hub on the ground at the same time or close to the same time.. throw in summer IROPS and there have been numerous times we have to hold out for a gate.
We all know.. when you give a gate back... rarely do you ever get it back, which would limit our growth in the future.

Giving up gates would be a disaster for our morning flights. We struggle as it is getting planes towed from the pad/B6 to the gates.. get crews on.. and board

Do we have downtime where we dont use all our gates.. yes. And so does every other airline at BNA. WN could give C4 back as they hardly use that gate. I sit across at C2/C3 and see it empty most of the day.

But WN has much bigger ambitions than AA does at BNA. So they may not use it much now, but down the road they will.

Furthermore, couldn’t simple upgauging solve some of the morning woes? Why does BNA-ORD need to be 8x daily on all CR7/E145 when 5-6x daily A319/CR7 would do? All of the worthwhile connection banks at ORD are later in the day anyway (at least to the European flights, which is IRD’s bread and butter now). Furthermore, the 2x daily E140 to JFK is virtually worthless now with no meaningful connections, so that can probably get cut. And DFW/CLT should be all mainline all the time, so they could probably reduce a frequency on each if they did that.

All in all, I’d like to see capacity over frequency from AA at BNA (and this goes for DL/UA as well), and having one less gate may compel them to upgauge.

Passengers prefer frequency over capacity. The business traveler rather would have options. Capacity may work for the leisure traveler who doesnt really care about schedule.. they are more interested in price, where the business traveler would rather be able to fly in.. do business and be able to depart same day. The morning ORD connect to Asia ..early afternoon to India/Middle East..afternoon/evening to Europe.

JFK is usually full during the summer.. worked enough oversold JFK flights to last a lifetime. Mostly all international.
We have upgauged.. 321s are regularly seen to DFW..MIA..LAX and occasionally CLT.
If WN wants to grow in airports where they dont have enough gates.. maybe get some bigger planes.

1. If DL can do all mainline on BNA-ATL/DTW/MSP, AA should be able to do so on BNA-DFW/CLT. I get is not exactly the same, but it’s pretty close. AA still runs CR7’s/CR9’s/E75’s on BNA-DFW/CLT. That should not be with hubs that size.

2. I’m pretty sure yields are terrible on those E140’s to JFK considering the competition.

3. ORD has limited connecting options to Asia now, most of its long haul connection options are to Europe, which depart in the evening.

I’m not trying to be critical, but AA at BNA is frustrating at times.

Jshank83

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:17 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Absolutely not. In the United States it is illegal for a public airport to deny an airline facilities. Now, if an airport is slot controlled and there are no slots that’s a different matter, but an airport cannot tell an airline they can’t fly there. Totally illegal.

Private airports are allowed to deny service, but the only such airport in the U.S. is Branson.

No. That is not legal for a public airport.

It might not be able to turn them away but they don't have to offer any incentives. Which may keep an airline away if they have to go at it on their own.

PIT offered incentives to other airlines to come. BNA can just not offer any and it probably keeps them from coming.

There's rules about that too, though. A public airport can't act monopolistic. If they don't offer incentives, and the sole reason is to hinder competition, that violates antitrust laws and they can be sued by airlines.

Any inference that BNA is acting to hinder competition is inane. It isn't.

They have to offer the same incentives for the same route to anyone. But they can qualify it with the “FIRST” to fly the route. Not everyone who flies it. So one an airline accepts they don’t have to offer it to everyone down the line.

Airports all the time offer incentives for an airline to add a new route. Once someone takes them up on it then they don’t have to offer it to the next airline. Each airline had a fair shot at being the first. And they don’t have to offer it for every route.

It could be they won’t offer incentives because they don’t think the route is worth the incentives. Nothing to do with competition.

UALFAson

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:28 am

BNAMealer wrote:
1. If DL can do all mainline on BNA-ATL/DTW/MSP, AA should be able to do so on BNA-DFW/CLT. I get is not exactly the same, but it’s pretty close. AA still runs CR7’s/CR9’s/E75’s on BNA-DFW/CLT. That should not be with hubs that size.

2. I’m pretty sure yields are terrible on those E140’s to JFK considering the competition.

3. ORD has limited connecting options to Asia now, most of its long haul connection options are to Europe, which depart in the evening.

I’m not trying to be critical, but AA at BNA is frustrating at times.

Yes, you are being critical. Because you keep bringing up your same beefs with AA over and over again in this thread, posters explain to you why things are the way they are, and you won't accept that.

--AA runs one--ONE!--CRJ-700 Eagle flight to DFW most days (today they didn't run any), which has repeatedly been explained to you is a rotation for maintenance purposes. And so what, they run Eagle flights on the 55-minute hop to CLT...they also run 321s. What's wrong with an airline matching capacity to demand?

--It has only been recently that DL has gone all mainline to DTW and especially MSP. Also, for the record, DL only flies MSP 4x. AA flies CLT and DFW with a lot more frequency.

--Speaking of frequency, as n917me correctly explained to you, business passengers prefer frequency over capacity on a route like BNA-ORD. As someone who flies this route multiple times a year, I would much rather have 8 flights a day on smaller aircraft to choose from rather than 4 flights on bigger aircraft. Keep in mind AA is also competing with UA to ORD and WN to MDW for Chicago O&D and connections. Again, frequency is king. Why do you think Shuttle services exist in the Northeast? Also, CRJ-700s have 1 more First Class seat than the 319, which is not lost on those of us eligible for upgrades.

--A local AA employee has also correctly explained to you that AA does use all its gates at BNA simultaneously at multiple points throughout the day. I'm sorry if you, armchair CEO, feel like gates should be taken from them, or if you, based on your access to proprietary revenue management data, are "pretty sure" yields to JFK are terrible, or if you are "frustrated" that you can't only fly to ORD 4 times a day on a 319 but are forced to choose from among 8 flights. But neither AA or MNAA seem to agree with you, so please let go of whatever vendetta you have against AA @ BNA and focus on making more positive contributions to this thread.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

reednavy

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:53 pm

So to summarize AA at BNA:

-Frequency over capacity is the key to ORD, given competition and it being heavy business traffic.
-There is not enough substantial O&D pull for AA to launch service to PHX, which is fine.
-Envoy has the contract at BNA and that dictates how many mainline aircraft are able to operate at BNA for the time being.

rabader

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm

According to a Mexican news outlet, Viva Aerobus (VB) is going to fly BNA-SJD next summer from May 30 to August 2. Not an usual destination for the Mexican ULLC but it seems it has an agreement with Vacation Express.

https://www.transponder1200.com/anuncia ... nashville/ (In spanish)

Jshank83

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 pm

^Correct. They are also flying the Cancun flight. It is listed on their flight schedule.

https://www.vacationexpress.com/flight-schedule/

BNAMealer

Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:04 am

One thing BNA eventually will need is a common use lounge. Hopefully, the airport will add one somewhere down the line.

stl07

Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:09 am

BNAMealer wrote:
One thing BNA eventually will need is a common use lounge. Hopefully, the airport will add one somewhere down the line.

Yup, every WN heavy airport needs one, we got one up in terminal 2 where WN departs from
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

DakotaFlyer

Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:10 am

BNAMealer wrote:

Anyone smarter then me know why SWA doesn't have a lounge or even partnership with one? Perhaps partner with Priority Lounges and allow free admittance for business class passengers or something. Adds a little extra value to the higher fare, but I feel the lowish demand wont overextend these lounges.

TangoCharlie123

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:18 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

Anyone smarter then me know why SWA doesn't have a lounge or even partnership with one? Perhaps partner with Priority Lounges and allow free admittance for business class passengers or something. Adds a little extra value to the higher fare, but I feel the lowish demand wont overextend these lounges.

My only guess is that it's an extra expense they don't want to spend. The business travelers flying WN are likely doing so because of the lower fares and flexibility, not necessarily the hard or soft products.

BNAMealer

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:22 pm

TangoCharlie123 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

My only guess is that it's an extra expense they don't want to spend. The business travelers flying WN are likely doing so because of the lower fares and flexibility, not necessarily the hard or soft products.

I’m sure either a Priority Pass lounge or Amex Platinum or something will come sooner or later, once new space is built.

Cubsrule

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:47 pm

TangoCharlie123 wrote:
DakotaFlyer wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

In some ways, the flexibility (and, to a degree, WN’s many hubbed network) reduce the need for lounges. I very infrequently spend two or three hours sitting around an airport when on WN.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

dafunk10

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:52 pm

Update on DL A220 routes at BNA (from Routesonline):

DTW: up to 3x daily eff 12MAR20 (except 07JUN20 – 04SEP20)
MSP: 1x daily 12MAR20 – 06APR20
BOS: removed

LabQuest

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Odd question but when an airport gets its first international service do they have to pay/petition the government for the border/customs facilities or is this something they do automatically and just start charging fees for its use to passengers?

EMBQA

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
^Correct. They are also flying the Cancun flight. It is listed on their flight schedule.

https://www.vacationexpress.com/flight-schedule/

They have been for several years. American and Delta both dropped the non-stop. Not sure why.? We flew the American flight several times, always full.. One year Vacation Express contracted Aeromexico.. That was SWEET..!!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

southwest1675

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:59 pm

https://www.anna.aero/2020/01/13/usas-t ... OdaA3Hvmd8

BNA-SMF and BNA-BDL are some of the top unserved routes in the USA. Logical WN adds when the MAX debacle is figured out....
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

AVLAirlineFreq

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:11 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
https://www.anna.aero/2020/01/13/usas-top-50-unserved-routes-total-3-5-million-passengers/?fbclid=IwAR2uAtY2wtW0-bMskRMAhX8GwlT0ktn1jfW8dgkRFtimiwLJKOdaA3Hvmd8

It would be interesting to see this list if it included any route that was currently served less than daily, too.

BNAMealer

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:38 am

southwest1675 wrote:
https://www.anna.aero/2020/01/13/usas-top-50-unserved-routes-total-3-5-million-passengers/?fbclid=IwAR2uAtY2wtW0-bMskRMAhX8GwlT0ktn1jfW8dgkRFtimiwLJKOdaA3Hvmd8

BNA-SMF and BNA-BDL are some of the top unserved routes in the USA. Logical WN adds when the MAX debacle is figured out....

Indeed, they just need to get that darn MAX back.......

Wasn’t SMF served briefly last year, for like a month?

southwest1675

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 am

BNAMealer wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

Indeed, they just need to get that darn MAX back.......

Wasn’t SMF served briefly last year, for like a month?

Yeah, it was cut due to MAX issues. Route did great that one month we had it.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

southwest1675

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:45 am

Allegiant will be adding BZN, FAR, GFK, FSD, GSO, ORF, TUL, FNT, and PIT from BNA....
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

bnabnabna

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:04 am

southwest1675 wrote:
Allegiant will be adding BZN, FAR, GFK, FSD, GSO, ORF, TUL, FNT, and PIT from BNA....

How many of these are new destinations for BNA?

southwest1675

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:08 am

bnabnabna wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

With the exception of GSO and FNT, these are new destinations for BNA. Including the AA hub tenure.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Cubsrule

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:21 am

southwest1675 wrote:
bnabnabna wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

With the exception of GSO and FNT, these are new destinations for BNA. Including the AA hub tenure.

PIT too. Not sure there’s room for two carriers there, but we’ll see.

HeyHey

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:55 am

I was just recently wishing for a nonstop to BZN, Idaho Falls, or Jackson Hole. We have a ski trip there soon and return flights were really difficult to find back into BNA at a reasonable hour. We ended up choosing to fly into SLC and drive up.

Between skiing in the winter and Yellowstone in the summer I would think this will be a popular leisure destination.

The rest seem to be targeting BNA as the leisure destination.

tys777

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:32 am

If my math is correct that takes BNA to 27 routes on G4. Pretty quick growth there.

southwest1675

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:40 am

tys777 wrote:
If my math is correct that takes BNA to 27 routes on G4. Pretty quick growth there.

All on one gate to my understanding. Good old B10. Nice to see those old US Airways gates got put to good use.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

tys777

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:45 am

southwest1675 wrote:
tys777 wrote:

All on one gate to my understanding. Good old B10. Nice to see those old US Airways gates got put to good use.

Be interesting to see of it stays that way. Even with most routes being 2x weekly, they are usually heavy on certain days. I know in TYS, they are using two gates at time for I believe 13 routes, but space isnt the premium there.

I used to fly them a bunch when I was at UT about 15 years ago and have been a firm believer in their product since. But, i would have called you insane if you had predicted this growth.

airguardtn

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:28 pm

tys777 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
tys777 wrote:

Be interesting to see of it stays that way. Even with most routes being 2x weekly, they are usually heavy on certain days. I know in TYS, they are using two gates at time for I believe 13 routes, but space isnt the premium there.

I used to fly them a bunch when I was at UT about 15 years ago and have been a firm believer in their product since. But, i would have called you insane if you had predicted this growth.

They are actually using 3 gates on some days at TYS. Gates 2, 4, and 6.

ZazuPIT

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:52 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
bnabnabna wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

AA served TUL in the 70's nonstop, not sure about the hub days. WN used to serve ORF more recently.

BNAMealer

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Crazy how much G4 has expanded in the last few years. They weren’t even here 2 years ago. This probably has to do with the base they are opening here next month.

Hopefully WN will expand big when the MAX returns.

DakotaFlyer

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:40 pm

The GFK route is a one off, U of North Dakota hockey is playing a game in Nashville that weekend. Basically it's a charter flight, that is available to the general public.

southwest1675

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:23 pm

So far one of my BNA 2020 predictions is coming to fruition. ULCC expansion. We might see one or two new additions from F9 and NK soon.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

BNAMealer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:24 am

How is 9X doing on BNA-MEM? I almost never hear or see anything about it. That always seemed like an oddball route to me, but if it does decent, could someone like LF take it over and make it an actual jet service?

flymco753

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:02 am

southwest1675 wrote:
So far one of my BNA 2020 predictions is coming to fruition. ULCC expansion. We might see one or two new additions from F9 and NK soon.
You know what I'd like to see. I think NK has moved on to new, bigger, and better opportunities with Florida & the east coast.
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

southwest1675

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:21 am

flymco753 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
You know what I'd like to see. I think NK has moved on to new, bigger, and better opportunities with Florida & the east coast.

BNA-DTW on NK will come soon enough haha
Last edited by southwest1675 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

southwest1675

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:24 am

BNAMealer wrote:
How is 9X doing on BNA-MEM? I almost never hear or see anything about it. That always seemed like an oddball route to me, but if it does decent, could someone like LF take it over and make it an actual jet service?

My take on BNA-MEM is this. It had jet service from the 60s-2013. I really wonder if WN or even G4 could try it. Time and price it right, and you could get people to ditch the ride on I-40. There are always people going between the markets. Contour is getting more airplanes, and rumblings from both markets say that they're gonna be the savior for the much wanted IND flight.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

jplatts

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 am

southwest1675 wrote:
My take on BNA-MEM is this. It had jet service from the 60s-2013. I really wonder if WN or even G4 could try it. Time and price it right, and you could get people to ditch the ride on I-40. There are always people going between the markets.

WN has less need to connect passengers to destinations east of BNA from MEM through BNA with WN already offering 1-stop connecting service to most of its domestic destinations east of BNA from MEM BWI or MDW. WN will also be starting MEM-ATL nonstop service on March 7th, which would give travelers in the MEM market 1-stop connecting service to a few more East Coast markets from MEM.

I agree that WN might be able to make BNA-MEM nonstop service work if WN can get enough O&D traffic on the BNA-MEM nonstop route as there are a few WN nonstop routes shorter than BNA-MEM that do have some O&D traffic.

ThaneC

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:32 am

Southwest should be able to make MEM-BNA work based on connections alone.
MEM still has no nonstop service to many key cities such as BOS and RDU. They could also make connections to Florida destinations, or even to the west coast cities served nonstop from BNA.

Jshank83

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:15 am

ThaneC wrote:
MEM still has no nonstop service to many key cities such as BOS and RDU. They could also make connections to Florida destinations, or even to the west coast cities served nonstop from BNA.

They would need at least a decent amount of O&D (at least 50 one way?) to BNA though or they will just route them thru ATL and BWI to the east coast and Florida. Going west they can route them thru DEN/DAL/HOU/MDW. No reason to run a route on connections alone when airports with O&D can fill the connections also.

I would be curious what the MEM-BNA O&D is.

bobphelps87

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:12 pm

https://www.flynashville.com/news-and-m ... eview.aspx

In 2019, 18,273,434 passengers traveled into and out of BNA, exceeding the 2018 calendar year total by more than 2.2 million passengers. The 2019 total represents a 14.2 percent increase over the previous year. 2019 was also the first year to add more than 2 million additional total passengers and the second calendar year to exceed 1 million passengers every month.

badbnatraffic

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 pm

Wow... despite the MAX’s woes 2019 was the biggest year of growth for BNA.

BNAMealer

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:19 pm

It landed just where I thought it would, at just over 18.2 million. Awesome!

Like I said before, unfortunately, growth will likely slow to single digits this year due to the MAX debacle. We probably won’t cross the 20 million mark until 2021.

Thanks a lot Boeing.....

Cubsrule

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
ThaneC wrote:

They would need at least a decent amount of O&D (at least 50 one way?) to BNA though or they will just route them thru ATL and BWI to the east coast and Florida. Going west they can route them thru DEN/DAL/HOU/MDW. No reason to run a route on connections alone when airports with O&D can fill the connections also.

Memphis-Nashville O&D is astronomical. That isn't the issue. The issue is getting those folks out of their cars and onto airplanes. And when I can do downtown to downtown pretty reliably in three hours without driving like an idiot, what's the incentive to fly?

southwest1675

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:00 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
It landed just where I thought it would, at just over 18.2 million. Awesome!

Like I said before, unfortunately, growth will likely slow to single digits this year due to the MAX debacle. We probably won’t cross the 20 million mark until 2021.

Thanks a lot Boeing.....

BA, NK, G4, and even WN should be able to stimulate some growth this year.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019

Jshank83

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
ThaneC wrote:

Memphis-Nashville O&D is astronomical. That isn't the issue. The issue is getting those folks out of their cars and onto airplanes. And when I can do downtown to downtown pretty reliably in three hours without driving like an idiot, what's the incentive to fly?

That was my point. Airline O&D isn’t going to be that high because people can drive so easily.

gsg013

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

That was my point. Airline O&D isn’t going to be that high because people can drive so easily.

I've done the Southern Airways flight it goes out of Atlantic Aviation FBO. If the weather is good it is fairly convenient... I would love if they could fly it with a small Jet and make it a premium route... who know's

BNAMealer

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:47 am

Gary Kelly said in a video at the WN HOU maintenance hanger that WN will be focusing on 3 cities for growth this decade. HOU was mentioned as one, but the others were not mentioned. I wonder where BNA falls in their plans for the decade?

stl07

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:55 am

BNAMealer wrote:
Gary Kelly said in a video at the WN HOU maintenance hanger that WN will be focusing on 3 cities for growth this decade. HOU was mentioned as one, but the others were not mentioned. I wonder where BNA falls in their plans for the decade?

I'm sure it is included.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

bobphelps87

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:59 am

**Additional info**
December had an **estimated** 1,509,469 total passengers, for a 15.4% increase. So,,,, Dec. 1 was the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, which put some passenger data into December that would normally be in November - the numbers show

To hit 20 million for CY (calendar year) 2020, total passengers will need to increase by 9.45%

My opinions:
I think BNA will barely hit 20 million for CY 2020 because there are probably just enough additional routes starting this year to sustain growth at about 10%. But it will likely be very close, if it happens

As for the MAX issues, I maintain pax will find a way regardless of the MAX. Having the MAX is a convenience for passengers as BNA will have some more nonstop destinations. But, if I'm going to SMF, I can fly direct on WN or connect through SLC/DEN/etc., so it is just a convenience if the MAX returns this destination. I can only see that increasing some connecting pax numbers on a significant scale

And lastly, I'm not flying to Memphis, Birmingham, or Louisville because I can drive there faster than I can fly, and cheaper. But it would be a nice option for many people. I would only fly to those if I was connecting onward (or my company paid for it!)

Amtrak service to Memphis would be more attractive...speaking of which... Will be interesting to see how the proposed Amtrak service from Atlanta to BNA will be received by all

https://www.wsmv.com/news/amtrak-wants- ... 36b69.html

Cubsrule

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:11 am

gsg013 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Cubsrule wrote:

I've done the Southern Airways flight it goes out of Atlantic Aviation FBO. If the weather is good it is fairly convenient... I would love if they could fly it with a small Jet and make it a premium route... who know's

If you don’t mind me asking, what parts of Memphis and Nashville were you starting from and going to? My issue with the flight is mostly with the airport locations, which are not very close to most of my usual origins and destinations.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos