Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Indy
Posts: 4932
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:16 pm

I hope everyone here from the BNA area is okay. Looks like one of the Nashville area airports was pretty well destroyed. Isn't this the second time a significant tornado hit Nashville? How far was this from BNA?
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air
 
skitchie
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Indy wrote:
I hope everyone here from the BNA area is okay. Looks like one of the Nashville area airports was pretty well destroyed. Isn't this the second time a significant tornado hit Nashville? How far was this from BNA?
Yeah, John Tune in West Nashville got walloped pretty badly. Lots of history at that airport, its truly sad news to hear. Nashville got hit by a tornado back in 1998, but I wasn't around then so I can't attest to how bad that one was. This one, if I read everything correctly, passed a safe amount to the north of BNA. They're already resuming normal ops.
 
badbnatraffic
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:40 pm

Having landed there a week ago, it’s pretty daunting to see the devastation to JWN. Looks like some flight schools are gone and the FBO is completely leveled. Pretty sad, it was a fun airport to fly to.
 
User avatar
tjwgrr
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:09 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:16 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
John Tune, BNA’s sister GA airport, was completely destroyed. Fuel fire erupted shortly after the tornado.


Looks really bad- lots of destroyed / damaged aircraft and buildings:

Image

Image

Image
'
'
'
Images from article below:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-to ... -tennessee
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.
 
DakotaFlyer
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:19 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:33 pm

What an insurance nightmare
Last edited by DakotaFlyer on Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
gsg013
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:52 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:
What am insurance nightmare


I mean this is one of the exact reasons to have insurance.

You can do everything right and keep your plane in a hangar and a tornado can still come through and destroy it.

The team at JWN is one of the best, I had my family fly through on Saturday. Hoping the airport can get back on its feet quickly.
 
sevenfeet
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:51 pm

badbnatraffic wrote:
Having landed there a week ago, it’s pretty daunting to see the devastation to JWN. Looks like some flight schools are gone and the FBO is completely leveled. Pretty sad, it was a fun airport to fly to.


Curiously one of the news helicopters based there could take off and was doing observation this morning. But Tune is pretty trashed and will take a while to recover. And there are a lot of damaged aircraft.

One of my friends is the CEO of the local avant guard performing arts center right next to Tune (Oz Arts Nashville). His building is fine but his two neighbors buildings look like Tune hangers....totally unusable.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:05 am

I’m a little sad to see Tune like this. I had my private check ride there. My DPE lost everything.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
tnair1974
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:44 am

One of my uncles was a private pilot and we went into Tune a few times. We still preferred BNA with their many runways; once AA ended their hub, there were fewer issues using BNA. Still, hope JWN can recover quickly. Nashville was even bringing out snow plows to clear the streets of debris from the tornado.

It was also back in 2010 that massive flooding in Nashville proved to be the last straw for the old Cornelia Fort Airpark along the Cumberland River. Multiple planes were underwater, including a classic Beech 18. :cry:

BTW, in addition to 2020 and 1998, Nashville had a destructive tornado back in 1933 which have a very similar path to the 1998 event.
 
737MAX7
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:42 am

First two jet bridges were attached to concourse D yesterday!
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:00 pm

737MAX7 wrote:
First two jet bridges were attached to concourse D yesterday!


future hot bag gates
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
dafunk10
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:58 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:
I’m guessing BNA growth takes a big pause if not step back for 2020 with the MAX + coronavirus situation. Think you’ll start to see a corporate travel freeze start across industries.

Not a bad thing to let the construction catch up to demand I think.


Growth will slow this year for sure, but I don’t think it will take a step back. Definitely not hitting 20 million. My guess is growth slows to somewhere between 18.6 million to 19 million.


We have quite a few new additions to start later in the year. We'll grow. Just won't be anything historical.



We’ll see I guess....March numbers should be a good indicator....a little birdie tells me one of Nashville’s largest employers with a national footprint put a 30-day ban on non-essential business travel recently in response to the coronavirus outbreak....I’m sure other companies will be doing the same (especially with travel to/from Asia)
 
skitchie
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:38 pm

dafunk10 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

Growth will slow this year for sure, but I don’t think it will take a step back. Definitely not hitting 20 million. My guess is growth slows to somewhere between 18.6 million to 19 million.


We have quite a few new additions to start later in the year. We'll grow. Just won't be anything historical.



We’ll see I guess....March numbers should be a good indicator....a little birdie tells me one of Nashville’s largest employers with a national footprint put a 30-day ban on non-essential business travel recently in response to the coronavirus outbreak....I’m sure other companies will be doing the same (especially with travel to/from Asia)
I'm curious to see how the virus will affect BNA's numbers. If current ticket prices are anything, it'll probably hurt a decent amount; then again, I don't really follow the economics of airlines so don't quote me on that
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 14553
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:56 pm

skitchie wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:
southwest1675 wrote:

We have quite a few new additions to start later in the year. We'll grow. Just won't be anything historical.



We’ll see I guess....March numbers should be a good indicator....a little birdie tells me one of Nashville’s largest employers with a national footprint put a 30-day ban on non-essential business travel recently in response to the coronavirus outbreak....I’m sure other companies will be doing the same (especially with travel to/from Asia)
I'm curious to see how the virus will affect BNA's numbers. If current ticket prices are anything, it'll probably hurt a decent amount; then again, I don't really follow the economics of airlines so don't quote me on that


It really depends on how long this irrational foolishness of travel bans continues, and that's anyone's guess. There's no reason employers should be banning folks from flying BNA-ORD/LGA/MIA/DFW right now. It's not like we live in Milan.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 pm

Cubsrule wrote:
skitchie wrote:
dafunk10 wrote:


We’ll see I guess....March numbers should be a good indicator....a little birdie tells me one of Nashville’s largest employers with a national footprint put a 30-day ban on non-essential business travel recently in response to the coronavirus outbreak....I’m sure other companies will be doing the same (especially with travel to/from Asia)
I'm curious to see how the virus will affect BNA's numbers. If current ticket prices are anything, it'll probably hurt a decent amount; then again, I don't really follow the economics of airlines so don't quote me on that


It really depends on how long this irrational foolishness of travel bans continues, and that's anyone's guess. There's no reason employers should be banning folks from flying BNA-ORD/LGA/MIA/DFW right now. It's not like we live in Milan.


I’m all for containing the virus, but the media blew this whole thing out of proportion. Seems no different than the flu that we all get at least once in our lives. Don’t want to get too off topic from aviation, but the deaths have been people with pre-existing conditions. The flu kills people all the time, the same way. The flights at my airline have been jam packed. Not many of the flight attendants I’ve talked to are sweating anything.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
bnatraveler
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:10 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:54 pm

United just announced a 10% domestic and 20% international cut as a result of lower demand due to concern related to COVID-19.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/united-air ... 1583351419

Human reaction to this issue is causing major harm. We all need to focus on the underlying science-supported suggested actions, not what the media is saying. Not a media hater here, but this is really snowballing without solid reason.
 
InopGauge
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:16 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:46 am

tnair1974 wrote:
One of my uncles was a private pilot and we went into Tune a few times. We still preferred BNA with their many runways; once AA ended their hub, there were fewer issues using BNA. Still, hope JWN can recover quickly. Nashville was even bringing out snow plows to clear the streets of debris from the tornado.

It was also back in 2010 that massive flooding in Nashville proved to be the last straw for the old Cornelia Fort Airpark along the Cumberland River. Multiple planes were underwater, including a classic Beech 18. :cry:

BTW, in addition to 2020 and 1998, Nashville had a destructive tornado back in 1933 which have a very similar path to the 1998 event.


I remember the 2010 floods taking out Cornelia Fort Airpark. I know I've told the story before but this is where I took the check ride for my PPL in 1986. First and only time I ever flew into Cornelia Fort and first and only time that I ever landed on a runaway that was only 50 feet wide and did an actual soft field takeoff.

I can remember watching the 1998 tornado that hit downtown from the back of the freighthouse at BNA. We were all commenting on how bad it looked towards downtown but we did not yet know that there were actually tornadoes hitting.

Unlike the flood that was the demise of Cornelia Fort, John C Tune will recover from this. Still heartbreaking to see the devastation there and to other parts of the Mid-State as well as the loss of many lives.
 
pdt2f
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:18 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:09 am

Sometimes I’ll take my kids to the Cornelia Fort Park and play “airplane,” where we go to the runway and I sprint while pushing the stroller and push down on the back to lift their legs up, all while making airplane sounds, thus simulating a takeoff. So it’s not completely out of commission as an airfield ;)
“The sky peoclaims God’s glory - the vault of heaven, the Hand of Him who made it.”

BNA based.
 
bval
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:10 am

tnair1974 wrote:
It was also back in 2010 that massive flooding in Nashville proved to be the last straw for the old Cornelia Fort Airpark along the Cumberland River. Multiple planes were underwater, including a classic Beech 18. :cry:


Not true! That Beech 18 showed up a few years later when it was belly-landed due to a gear malfunction by Nashville aviation legend Russell Brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Brothers
 
ZazuPIT
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:38 pm

So COVID-19 has landed in TN. Williamson County. Wonder how it'll affect companies there if more cases hit. https://www.newschannel5.com/news/gov-b ... oronavirus
 
InopGauge
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:16 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:11 am

pdt2f wrote:
Sometimes I’ll take my kids to the Cornelia Fort Park and play “airplane,” where we go to the runway and I sprint while pushing the stroller and push down on the back to lift their legs up, all while making airplane sounds, thus simulating a takeoff. So it’s not completely out of commission as an airfield ;)


Haha...I love it!
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 912
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:19 am

ZazuPIT wrote:
So COVID-19 has landed in TN. Williamson County. Wonder how it'll affect companies there if more cases hit. https://www.newschannel5.com/news/gov-b ... oronavirus


And of course this comes as many people are gathering in downtown Nashville for the Tornado cleanup efforts (myself among them).

Now I’m getting concerned.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:29 am

BNAMealer wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:
So COVID-19 has landed in TN. Williamson County. Wonder how it'll affect companies there if more cases hit. https://www.newschannel5.com/news/gov-b ... oronavirus


And of course this comes as many people are gathering in downtown Nashville for the Tornado cleanup efforts (myself among them).

Now I’m getting concerned.


I'm just washing my hands and living my best life.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 912
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:32 am

southwest1675 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:
So COVID-19 has landed in TN. Williamson County. Wonder how it'll affect companies there if more cases hit. https://www.newschannel5.com/news/gov-b ... oronavirus


And of course this comes as many people are gathering in downtown Nashville for the Tornado cleanup efforts (myself among them).

Now I’m getting concerned.


I'm just washing my hands and living my best life.


Yep. That’s basically all we can do. If it happens it happens. I just can’t wait for this to blow over so we can get things back to normal.
 
tnair1974
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:05 am

bval wrote:
tnair1974 wrote:
It was also back in 2010 that massive flooding in Nashville proved to be the last straw for the old Cornelia Fort Airpark along the Cumberland River. Multiple planes were underwater, including a classic Beech 18. :cry:


Not true! That Beech 18 showed up a few years later when it was belly-landed due to a gear malfunction by Nashville aviation legend Russell Brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Brothers

Wow, it never occurred to me that the Beech 18 that Brothers belly landed in 2012 could have been the same plane that was flooded two years earlier.

I assumed that the plane was a WO in 2010 like most of the other flooded aircraft at Cornelia Fort Airpark. But looking up old 2010 pics, the Beech 18 has flood water only to just below the prop spinners. The cockpit may have stayed completely dry. But clearly all three landing gears were underwater for a while; it's tempting to speculate if that contributed to the gear malfunction two years later.

I do recall how odd it seemed a plane with mechanical problems would try to land at a decommissioned airport at night when BNA and JWN are so close by. That is, until my pilot relatives told me who the pilot was...

Looks like the plane (a 1961 model) has been de-registered. Was it scrapped, reborn under a new registration....?
 
EMBQA
Posts: 7858
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:52 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:35 pm

sevenfeet wrote:
badbnatraffic wrote:

Curiously one of the news helicopters based there could take off and was doing observation this morning. .


News Channel 5, the only news with a helicopter Sky5 is on its side with a massive I beam crushing it
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
 
dafunk10
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:08 pm

WN CEO was apparently on CNBC yesterday compared the dropoff in domestic travel to 9/11. Yikes
 
rexchase12
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:34 pm

EMBQA wrote:
sevenfeet wrote:
badbnatraffic wrote:

Curiously one of the news helicopters based there could take off and was doing observation this morning. .


News Channel 5, the only news with a helicopter Sky5 is on its side with a massive I beam crushing it


NewChannel 5 leases Sky 5. The leasing company brought in another copter (N90CL), formerly used at Cincinnati's Ch 9 after they did not renew the contract because they decided to use drones instead. https://www.newscaststudio.com/2020/01/ ... -grounded/
 
bval
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:44 pm

tnair1974 wrote:
Wow, it never occurred to me that the Beech 18 that Brothers belly landed in 2012 could have been the same plane that was flooded two years earlier.

I assumed that the plane was a WO in 2010 like most of the other flooded aircraft at Cornelia Fort Airpark. But looking up old 2010 pics, the Beech 18 has flood water only to just below the prop spinners. The cockpit may have stayed completely dry. But clearly all three landing gears were underwater for a while; it's tempting to speculate if that contributed to the gear malfunction two years later.

I do recall how odd it seemed a plane with mechanical problems would try to land at a decommissioned airport at night when BNA and JWN are so close by. That is, until my pilot relatives told me who the pilot was...

Looks like the plane (a 1961 model) has been de-registered. Was it scrapped, reborn under a new registration....?


I didn't realize it had been there in 2010, I thought it turned up later. But you're right, that's gotta be the same frame. According to this Brothers lived at the Airpark during the 2010 flood.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/145241
 
bobphelps87
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:16 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:33 am

SXSW canceled. That is huge

Locally, 30 events canceled. The largest of those events expected 1,655 to attend

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/n ... riple.html

My company sent notice employees this week that nobody would be forced to travel (plane/car/etc) to any location if they did not feel safe about it

A drop in pax should be expected
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 am

Early Spring Break flights have been quite empty. Not a good sign among the Corona scare.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 912
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:44 am

There is gonna be a decline this year. All the momentum BNA had the last 5 years ruined due to the virus hysteria and the MAX.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:55 am

BNAMealer wrote:
There is gonna be a decline this year. All the momentum BNA had the last 5 years ruined due to the virus hysteria and the MAX.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.


I expect a slight dip, unless we have some crazy summer growth spurt with the new flights starting.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
gsg013
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:51 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
There is gonna be a decline this year. All the momentum BNA had the last 5 years ruined due to the virus hysteria and the MAX.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.


I expect a slight dip, unless we have some crazy summer growth spurt with the new flights starting.


Honestly as a Nashvillian i'm not crying about a bit of a decline in pax at BNA. May be helpful with all the construction while they build out the new facilities.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:11 am

It’s unfortunate the D Concourse won’t be utilized to its potential for awhile.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
badbnatraffic
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:52 am

I think Delta’s putting the A220 to use tomorrow to DTW
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:42 am

badbnatraffic wrote:
I think Delta’s putting the A220 to use tomorrow to DTW


I'm gonna go check it out once I get a few originators out in the morning.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
skitchie
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:55 am

I've got a flight lesson at 5, may pop into work a little early to check it out, haven't seen one in person yet
 
gsg013
Posts: 568
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:23 pm

I am seeing the DL A220-100 on the following DTW-BNA-DTW Flights today and tomorrow.

DL2692: Arrives BNA 7:30 AM CST
DL2976: Arrives BNA 4:26 PM CST
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Just another update at BNA.. Airport is dead. It’s kinda unreal. It looks like 1996 after AA closed shop. The Florida flights I’ve worked so far are barely booked to 100. TSA probably takes 40 seconds. Here’s hoping things are back to normal by summer...
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
tys777
Moderator
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:43 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:24 pm

southwest1675 wrote:
Just another update at BNA.. Airport is dead. It’s kinda unreal. It looks like 1996 after AA closed shop. The Florida flights I’ve worked so far are barely booked to 100. TSA probably takes 40 seconds. Here’s hoping things are back to normal by summer...


I think you are going to see that at a lot of airports until it clears up and even then it is going to be a slow build until full confidence returns.

My parents have a BNA-MSP-BNA booked in F on DL in a few weeks that they still want to take. Seat maps look empty, fares are as low as $99 round trip in economy. Everyone is cancelling and freaking out.
 
tnair1974
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:17 am

BNAMealer wrote:
There is gonna be a decline this year. All the momentum BNA had the last 5 years ruined due to the virus hysteria and the MAX.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I'm still on for an upcoming business trip on DL, but will continue to monitor the situation, keep taking precautions. I'll try to give a trip report when I return.

Personally, I'm most concerned for elderly relatives including my parents as well as an aunt in a nursing facility. I was just chatting with a neighbor with twins that are now in fifth grade. She's thankful her twins are at an age in which they are more resilient to coronavirus and are not infants which, like elderly people, are much more vulnerable. I feel the same way about my daughter who for now still plans on a spring break trip next week with friends (driving), although her college classes will be online-only when she get back.
 
badbnatraffic
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:56 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:42 am

Just read that DL is suspending their Paris flight from CVG because of the virus. Wonder if BA here may do the same...
 
UALFAson
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:41 pm

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:43 am

Vanderbilt University has restricted all school-sponsored domestic and international staff travel through April 30. Employees have been discouraged from taking personal trips as well. In addition, all on-campus activities have been suspended through April 30, including no guest speakers, corporate recruiters, prospective student visits, etc. That alone will have an impact on BNA's pax numbers.

(Commencement is still on at this point but obviously is subject to change, in case you were wondering.)
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."
 
dfdubflyer
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:45 am

badbnatraffic wrote:
Just read that DL is suspending their Paris flight from CVG because of the virus. Wonder if BA here may do the same...


As far as I've seen I dont think that LHR has suspended slot rules, so I would think that they'll keep going until that happens
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:28 am

US Government suspending flights to the UK effective Monday. Let’s hope BA will return....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... pdate-news
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
SaabFA71
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:53 am

I have a trip booked on April 12. Allegiant MDT-BNA-MDT. No plans to cancel. I had to postpone the trip once already due to a death in the family. I'm not letting this nonsense interfere. Worst case, if Allegiant cancels the flight, I'm prepared to drive down. Should make it in 12 hours. But, hopefully, it won't come to that. If anything, we might be flying on a 1/4 full A320!
I used all of my sick days, so now I'm calling in dead.
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:55 pm

It's pretty much set that this will be a down year for the industry, and every airport in the world. We do get to look forward to various BNA Vision projects opening though. First set of new concessions will open soon, Concourse D in July, Terminal Wings sometime in the summer, and the new parking garage/plaza by Thanksgiving. Curious to see what the damage will be to BNA's numbers this year.
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
alo2yyz
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:18 am

SaabFA71 wrote:
I have a trip booked on April 12. Allegiant MDT-BNA-MDT. No plans to cancel. I had to postpone the trip once already due to a death in the family. I'm not letting this nonsense interfere. Worst case, if Allegiant cancels the flight, I'm prepared to drive down. Should make it in 12 hours. But, hopefully, it won't come to that. If anything, we might be flying on a 1/4 full A320!


Stay home. Non-essential travel right now is selfish and foolhardy. You could be contagious and asymptomatic. The people in Nashville you interact with could be the same. Putting other people or yourself at risk is not "nonsense."

Nashville is closing up shop anyway:
https://www.visitmusiccity.com/covid-19 ... nt-updates

Nashville will be there later. The people who die because of this won't be.
 
SaabFA71
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 am

Re: Nashville Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Yep. I already pulled the plug. Definitely sitting this one out. The situation is getting more and more dire by the minute it seems.
I used all of my sick days, so now I'm calling in dead.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos