Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 2941
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:12 pm

Link to the 2019 thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411945

So far confirmed to launch in 2020 from DFW:

American Airlines/American Eagle:
- Auckland
- Tel Aviv
- Fairbanks
- Portland (ME)
- Tokyo (Haneda)
- Hilton Head

British Airways:
- Switches to 787-10

Frontier Airlines:
- Newark

Japan Airlines
- Switch from Tokyo Narita to Tokyo Haneda

Korean Air:
- Switches to 787-9

Qantas:
- Resumes 7th weekly flight

Sun Country:
- Liberia, CR
- Puerto Vallarta
- San Jose del Cabo

Volaris:
- León/Del Bajío
- Zacatecas

What other airlines could we see? Will we see the launch of more Qantas/American flights into Oceania? Potentially Melbourne or Brisbane?
Will we see more European markets such as Berlin, Helsinki, and Barcelona?
Could we see DFW's first Africa flight?
Another Asian city? Taipei?
More Latin/South American expansion with AA's loss of LATAM?
More terminal expansion and Terminal F news?

What could we see over at DAL?

Good luck DFW and DAL in 2020!
 
jplatts
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:29 pm

Ishrion wrote:
What could we see over at DAL?


If the curfew at DAL was loosened, additional flights could be added by WN and DL out of the 18 gates currently used by WN at DAL (including Gate 15 which is shared by WN and DL). Allowing earlier departures and later arrivals at DAL might make sense as (a) it would allow WN to offer more connections out of DAL, (b) it would allow the city of Dallas to accommodate more DL flights at DAL, and (c) it would allow WN to more easily connect passengers to DAL from Hawaii.

Here are nonstop routes that could be added by WN and DL out of DAL if the curfew is loosened at DAL:
WN - DAL-BUF, DAL-CVG, DAL-BDL, DAL-HRL, DAL-LGB, DAL-ORF, DAL-RIC
DL - DAL-DTW, DAL-MSP, DAL-SLC

There are also some routes that could be added by G4 out of DAL out of the 2 gates that AS currently uses at DAL, including DAL-VPS, DAL-TYS, DAL-LAS, DAL-SFB, DAL-PSP, DAL-AZA, DAL-SRQ, and DAL-SAV.
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2720
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:45 pm

I know it's a pipe dream, but i'd love to see Norwegian or even Virgin Atlantic
launch London flights from DFW ( LHR or LGW) to take on the AA/BA stranglehold on that route.
 
UpNAWAy
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Any idea when a DFW Terminal F plan might be ready to be announced?
 
jplatts
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:53 pm

WN is going to be discontinuing DAL-JAX, DAL-OKC, DAL-SNA, and DAL-SFO nonstop service on January 5th.

There are also a few WN nonstop routes out of DAL that are going to be seasonally suspended after January 5th that will be resuming later in 2020:
DAL-DTW, DAL-PHL - ends January 5th, resumes March 7th
DAL-BOS - ends January 5th, resumes April 14th
DAL-PDX, DAL-SEA - ends January 5th, resumes June 7th
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2720
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:28 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:
Any idea when a DFW Terminal F plan might be ready to be announced?


Good question. I'm starting to think Heathrow's 3rd runway will be built before Term F at DFW :)
 
cschleic
Posts: 1815
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:34 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
Any idea when a DFW Terminal F plan might be ready to be announced?


Good question. I'm starting to think Heathrow's 3rd runway will be built before Term F at DFW :)


Isn't the fenced off area and ground work going on there now related to Terminal F?
 
User avatar
gdg9
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:37 pm

I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.
@dfwtower
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 2941
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:38 pm

gdg9 wrote:
I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.


Looks to be 259: https://www.flightsfrom.com/DFW/destinations
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:44 pm

cschleic wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:
Any idea when a DFW Terminal F plan might be ready to be announced?


Good question. I'm starting to think Heathrow's 3rd runway will be built before Term F at DFW :)


Isn't the fenced off area and ground work going on there now related to Terminal F?
This is for the 4 gate Terminal D extension. You would assume though those gates would eventually connect F once it comes online before the 3rd LHR runway.
 
cschleic
Posts: 1815
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:47 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:57 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
cschleic wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:

Good question. I'm starting to think Heathrow's 3rd runway will be built before Term F at DFW :)


Isn't the fenced off area and ground work going on there now related to Terminal F?
This is for the 4 gate Terminal D extension. You would assume though those gates would eventually connect F once it comes online before the 3rd LHR runway.


Ah, right, thanks for the detail.
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Ishrion wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.


Looks to be 259: https://www.flightsfrom.com/DFW/destinations
If that site is right then DFW is only behind FRA, IST, ORD, CDG. Neat.
 
TXRoadMan
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:26 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
cschleic wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:

Good question. I'm starting to think Heathrow's 3rd runway will be built before Term F at DFW :)


Isn't the fenced off area and ground work going on there now related to Terminal F?
This is for the 4 gate Terminal D extension. You would assume though those gates would eventually connect F once it comes online before the 3rd LHR runway.

If I’m reading the Board’s minutes correctly, they consider the D-F connector to be “Phase 0” (my term, not theirs) of F. It is a pretty big project ($200MM, IIRC) that incorporates a lot of the infrastructure work for F. I know the electrical infrastructure is included and I think that other utilities are, as well. I can’t research to confirm, but these were discussed and approved in the Jul-Sept range.
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:12 pm

jplatts wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
What could we see over at DAL?


If the curfew at DAL was loosened, additional flights could be added by WN and DL out of the 18 gates currently used by WN at DAL (including Gate 15 which is shared by WN and DL). Allowing earlier departures and later arrivals at DAL might make sense as (a) it would allow WN to offer more connections out of DAL, (b) it would allow the city of Dallas to accommodate more DL flights at DAL, and (c) it would allow WN to more easily connect passengers to DAL from Hawaii.

Here are nonstop routes that could be added by WN and DL out of DAL if the curfew is loosened at DAL:
WN - DAL-BUF, DAL-CVG, DAL-BDL, DAL-HRL, DAL-LGB, DAL-ORF, DAL-RIC
DL - DAL-DTW, DAL-MSP, DAL-SLC

There are also some routes that could be added by G4 out of DAL out of the 2 gates that AS currently uses at DAL, including DAL-VPS, DAL-TYS, DAL-LAS, DAL-SFB, DAL-PSP, DAL-AZA, DAL-SRQ, and DAL-SAV.


I wasn't aware that DAL had a curfew.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:30 pm

At DFW, connector walkways to terminals C and F from the northern end of Terminal E should be added (even though E at DFW is already connected to the other terminals on the behind-security side via Skylink). Adding connector walkways to Terminals C and F from Terminal E would allow passengers to walk to the other terminals from Terminal E without having to re-clear security or wait for the Terminal Link bus in the event that there is a problem with the Skylink train.

The lack of a Terminal E to terminal C walkway at DFW was less of an issue prior to the AA-US merger when AA wasn't operating out of Terminal E, but the circumstances have changed due to AA operating some American Eagle flights out of Terminal E. The Terminal E to Terminal C connector walkway would also allow AA passengers to connect onto flights departing out of the southern end of Terminal C (and vice versa) without having to take the Skylink train.
 
brooklynchris13
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:49 pm

jplatts wrote:
At DFW, connector walkways to terminals C and F from the northern end of Terminal E should be added (even though E at DFW is already connected to the other terminals on the behind-security side via Skylink). Adding connector walkways to Terminals C and F from Terminal E would allow passengers to walk to the other terminals from Terminal E without having to re-clear security or wait for the Terminal Link bus in the event that there is a problem with the Skylink train.

The lack of a Terminal E to terminal C walkway at DFW was less of an issue prior to the AA-US merger when AA wasn't operating out of Terminal E, but the circumstances have changed due to AA operating some American Eagle flights out of Terminal E. The Terminal E to Terminal C connector walkway would also allow AA passengers to connect onto flights departing out of the southern end of Terminal C (and vice versa) without having to take the Skylink train.


This is an even bigger issue now that its not just a few flights out of E for American Eagle in the high 30s but a "ton" in the DFWEagle's Nest operation in the satellite terminal. Having the walkways, especially to C, would be a nice back-up option. On the topic of the Satellite, does anyone have an opening date for the Admiral's club there. I saw a few mentions of "late 2019" but that has obviously passed.
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (mg)
 
bravotango75
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:05 pm

Ishrion wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.


Looks to be 259: https://www.flightsfrom.com/DFW/destinations

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more flights than BOS?
 
bravotango75
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:06 pm

bravotango75 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.


Looks to be 259: https://www.flightsfrom.com/DFW/destinations

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more destinations than BOS?
 
blueflyer
Posts: 4352
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:46 pm

jplatts wrote:
WN is going to be discontinuing DAL-JAX, DAL-OKC, DAL-SNA, and DAL-SFO nonstop service on January 5th.

There are also a few WN nonstop routes out of DAL that are going to be seasonally suspended after January 5th that will be resuming later in 2020:
DAL-DTW, DAL-PHL - ends January 5th, resumes March 7th
DAL-BOS - ends January 5th, resumes April 14th
DAL-PDX, DAL-SEA - ends January 5th, resumes June 7th

I'm surprised DAL-OKC is going. It's a short hop that allows Southwest to gate squat and deny Delta at a low cost. How is Southwest going to keep its gates full with these (seasonal) drawdowns? New destinations or additional frequencies to existing ones? Half-hourly shuttles to HOU?
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:58 pm

Flew HKG-DFW-STL Dec 29 and shocked at the number of AA flights on carousel 6 in Concourse D. 7 flights meant that bags were literally stacked atop each other and people had to pluck bags off carefully to avoid a bagslide. They had to stop the carousel for 3 minutes because of a bag jam. There were 10 international flights coming in on a very short window, and the wait for customs (foreigners) was 40 minutes long. Does DFW have any planes for new bag carousels at D? The recheck area for AA was also very chaotic. This wasn't even an afternoon full of delays.
Delta Gold Medallion
 
dfdubflyer
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:58 pm

bravotango75 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.


Looks to be 259: https://www.flightsfrom.com/DFW/destinations

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more flights than BOS?


How could it possibly be a mistake?

DFW handles far more passengers than BOS, and is the largest hub for the world’s largest airline. The service additions at BOS of late are impressive but as BOS lacks service to smaller American cities as well as Central/South America and the Caribbean where DFW really racks up the destination count.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:03 pm

blueflyer wrote:
I'm surprised DAL-OKC is going. It's a short hop that allows Southwest to gate squat and deny Delta at a low cost. How is Southwest going to keep its gates full with these (seasonal) drawdowns? New destinations or additional frequencies to existing ones? Half-hourly shuttles to HOU?


WN is going to be operating extra nonstop flights to ATL, AUS, BWI, MDW, DEN, FLL, HOU, MCI, LAS, LAX, BNA, MSY, PHX, SAT, and STL from DAL starting on January 6th, and WN is also still going to be operating seasonal nonstop service to RSW from DAL through April 13th.

The frequency increases on DAL-AUS/HOU/MCI/LAS/LAX/MSY/PHX/SAT/STL are temporary, and the frequencies on these routes will be back to 2019 levels on weekdays as WN resumes other nonstop routes out of DAL.

I can understand WN dropping DAL-OKC nonstop service as the PDEW on DAL-OKC was only 38 passengers per day in Q2 2019 and as over 90% of the passengers on DAL-OKC were connecting to other destinations in Q2 2019.
 
x1234
Posts: 917
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:53 pm

I think the AA/QF JV is a winner. DFW-AKL to connect with the QF mini hub @ AKL to BNE/MEL and other places in Australia. Remember Australia has one of the highest incomes in the world (much higher than Latin America) similar to the USA with long paid time off. AUS/NZ even though the distance is longer is still a very profitable market (just ask ANZ).
 
nomorerjs
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:24 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:06 am

bravotango75 wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more destinations than BOS?


You make the DTW fan club seem realistic! The world does not revolve around BOS!
 
atx11
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:05 am

bravotango75 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.


Looks to be 259: https://www.flightsfrom.com/DFW/destinations

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more flights than BOS?


This made me lol.

As for new AA routes - I’m still hearing HEL (very seasonal) and BCN as new euro routes. HEL barely missed the cut in the last round. BCN was pushed w/ going 2x daily MAD. Looking forward to 2020!

Happy new year guys!
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 2941
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:11 am

atx11 wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more flights than BOS?


This made me lol.

As for new AA routes - I’m still hearing HEL (very seasonal) and BCN as new euro routes. HEL barely missed the cut in the last round. BCN was pushed w/ going 2x daily MAD. Looking forward to 2020!

Happy new year guys!


Honestly, it would be amazing if AA would drop the second daily MAD flight in favor of BCN and let Iberia pick it up MAD.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:13 am

atx11 wrote:
bravotango75 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more flights than BOS?


This made me lol.

As for new AA routes - I’m still hearing HEL (very seasonal) and BCN as new euro routes. HEL barely missed the cut in the last round. BCN was pushed w/ going 2x daily MAD. Looking forward to 2020!

Happy new year guys!


BCN has been rumored for years, however, AA already sends a lot of capacity during the summer from the other hubs. If DY pulls the trigger from AUS to BCN, AA will closely follow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
alpine1989
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:08 am

blueflyer wrote:
jplatts wrote:
WN is going to be discontinuing DAL-JAX, DAL-OKC, DAL-SNA, and DAL-SFO nonstop service on January 5th.

There are also a few WN nonstop routes out of DAL that are going to be seasonally suspended after January 5th that will be resuming later in 2020:
DAL-DTW, DAL-PHL - ends January 5th, resumes March 7th
DAL-BOS - ends January 5th, resumes April 14th
DAL-PDX, DAL-SEA - ends January 5th, resumes June 7th


I'm surprised DAL-OKC is going. It's a short hop that allows Southwest to gate squat and deny Delta at a low cost. How is Southwest going to keep its gates full with these (seasonal) drawdowns? New destinations or additional frequencies to existing ones? Half-hourly shuttles to HOU?


Southwest doesn’t need to “gate squat” at DAL. They will continue to operate 195 daily departures from 18 gates after Jan 06, 2019.
 
ctrabs0114
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:42 am

jplatts wrote:
WN is going to be discontinuing DAL-JAX, DAL-OKC, DAL-SNA, and DAL-SFO nonstop service on January 5th.

There are also a few WN nonstop routes out of DAL that are going to be seasonally suspended after January 5th that will be resuming later in 2020:
DAL-DTW, DAL-PHL - ends January 5th, resumes March 7th
DAL-BOS - ends January 5th, resumes April 14th
DAL-PDX, DAL-SEA - ends January 5th, resumes June 7th


Is DAL-PHL a regular seasonal suspension or is this MAX related?
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW, PHL, MIA, LAX; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), B739 (DL), B712 (DL), B752 (AA), B763 (AA), B77W (AA), B789 (AA)
Next: TBA
 
jplatts
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:28 am

ctrabs0114 wrote:
Is DAL-PHL a regular seasonal suspension or is this MAX related?


WN was originally planning to suspend DAL-PHL seasonal service in January and February 2020 back when it extended the flight schedule to March 2020 on August 15, 2019, even if the 737 MAX was back in service in January and February 2020.
 
User avatar
gdg9
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 pm

In other news, runway 18R/36L will be closed for resurfacing from mid August until May 2021.
@dfwtower
 
jplatts
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Here are the load factors for WN nonstop flights out of DAL in October 2019:
DAL-ABQ - 72.58%
DAL-AMA - 68.17%
DAL-ATL - 78.44%
DAL-AUS - 74.01%
DAL-BHM - 82.67%
DAL-BNA - 81.99%
DAL-BOS - 91.94%
DAL-BUR - 90.74%
DAL-BWI - 83.07%
DAL-CHS - 77.22%
DAL-CLE - 90.47%
DAL-CLT - 84.58%
DAL-CMH - 82.78%
DAL-CRP - 40.03%
DAL-DCA - 80.64%
DAL-DEN - 86.43%
DAL-DTW - 86.13%
DAL-ECP - 83.66%
DAL-ELP - 76.78%
DAL-FLL - 79.70%
DAL-HOU - 71.65%
DAL-IND - 88.07%
DAL-JAX - 88.83%
DAL-LAS - 89.30%
DAL-LAX - 91.04%
DAL-LBB - 78.98%
DAL-LGA - 86.79%
DAL-LIT - 77.39%
DAL-MAF - 64.57%
DAL-MCI - 77.94%
DAL-MCO - 87.59%
DAL-MDW - 84.27%
DAL-MEM - 72.98%
DAL-MKE - 90.33%
DAL-MSP - 88.31%
DAL-MSY - 76.17%
DAL-OAK - 76.84%
DAL-OKC - 68.73%
DAL-OMA - 82.59%
DAL-ONT - 91.78%
DAL-PDX - 92.11%
DAL-PHL - 82.34%
DAL-PHX - 86.39%
DAL-PIT - 87.72%
DAL-PNS - 82.30%
DAL-RDU - 87.41%
DAL-SAN - 85.97%
DAL-SAT - 80.59%
DAL-SDF - 84.11%
DAL-SEA - 92.24%
DAL-SFO - 81.27%
DAL-SJC - 82.67%
DAL-SLC - 91.03%
DAL-SMF - 90.92%
DAL-SNA - 88.25%
DAL-STL - 75.41%
DAL-TPA - 79.05%
DAL-TUL - 73.71%
 
ATLgaUSA
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Surprisingly low load factors for a lot of the intra-Texas flying.
 
737max8
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:31 pm

ATLgaUSA wrote:
Surprisingly low load factors for a lot of the intra-Texas flying.


Is it? Some of those small cities don't need a 737 multiple times a day for pax but I hear some cities (like CRP) do really well with cargo. And then the big draw on DAL-HOU is obviously high frequency for the business market.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A220 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A339 A343 A346 A359 A388
 
bob75013
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:21 pm

Just noticed that TKI is planning to add 1500 feet to it's runway length. 8502 feet should be long enough for commecial service.
 
bob75013
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:24 pm

jplatts wrote:
Here are the load factors for WN nonstop flights out of DAL in October 2019:
DAL-ABQ - 72.58%
DAL-AMA - 68.17%
DAL-ATL - 78.44%
DAL-AUS - 74.01%
DAL-BHM - 82.67%
DAL-BNA - 81.99%
DAL-BOS - 91.94%
DAL-BUR - 90.74%
DAL-BWI - 83.07%
DAL-CHS - 77.22%
DAL-CLE - 90.47%
DAL-CLT - 84.58%
DAL-CMH - 82.78%
DAL-CRP - 40.03%
DAL-DCA - 80.64%
DAL-DEN - 86.43%
DAL-DTW - 86.13%
DAL-ECP - 83.66%
DAL-ELP - 76.78%
DAL-FLL - 79.70%
DAL-HOU - 71.65%
DAL-IND - 88.07%
DAL-JAX - 88.83%
DAL-LAS - 89.30%
DAL-LAX - 91.04%
DAL-LBB - 78.98%
DAL-LGA - 86.79%
DAL-LIT - 77.39%
DAL-MAF - 64.57%
DAL-MCI - 77.94%
DAL-MCO - 87.59%
DAL-MDW - 84.27%
DAL-MEM - 72.98%
DAL-MKE - 90.33%
DAL-MSP - 88.31%
DAL-MSY - 76.17%
DAL-OAK - 76.84%
DAL-OKC - 68.73%
DAL-OMA - 82.59%
DAL-ONT - 91.78%
DAL-PDX - 92.11%
DAL-PHL - 82.34%
DAL-PHX - 86.39%
DAL-PIT - 87.72%
DAL-PNS - 82.30%
DAL-RDU - 87.41%
DAL-SAN - 85.97%
DAL-SAT - 80.59%
DAL-SDF - 84.11%
DAL-SEA - 92.24%
DAL-SFO - 81.27%
DAL-SJC - 82.67%
DAL-SLC - 91.03%
DAL-SMF - 90.92%
DAL-SNA - 88.25%
DAL-STL - 75.41%
DAL-TPA - 79.05%
DAL-TUL - 73.71%


Answers the question: "Why cut OKC?"
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 2941
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:10 pm

DFW ended 2019 with 75 million passengers, an 8.6% increase from its 69 million passengers in 2018.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dfwtower/sta ... 2359446528

Huge congrats to DFW for the amazing growth. DFW may have jumped from rank 15 to rank 8 in terms of global passenger traffic, but we’ll have to see what the other airports’ 2019 stats were.
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:46 am

Ishrion wrote:
DFW ended 2019 with 75 million passengers, an 8.6% increase from its 69 million passengers in 2018.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dfwtower/sta ... 2359446528

Huge congrats to DFW for the amazing growth. DFW may have jumped from rank 15 to rank 8 in terms of global passenger traffic, but we’ll have to see what the other airports’ 2019 stats were.


Whoa, pretty impressive. I guess AA put those 100 extra daily flights to good use.

Isn't that higher than what was originally projected for this year?
 
2travel2know2
Posts: 2961
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:53 am

Several times AA hasn't been able to make DFW-PTY work, AV still flies to DFW from its SAL hub with much less feed than PTY, albeit sizeable O/D.
So When was the last time DFW talked to CM?
I'm not on CM's payroll.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3697
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Here are the load factors for WN flights out of DAL in November 2019:
DAL-ABQ - 70.53%
DAL-AMA - 67.56%
DAL-ATL - 76.59%
DAL-AUS - 76.75%
DAL-BHM - 81.05%
DAL-BNA - 78.67%
DAL-BOS - 71.36%
DAL-BUR - 81.87%
DAL-BWI - 74.72%
DAL-CHS - 66.45%
DAL-CLE - 78.50%
DAL-CLT - 83.29%
DAL-CMH - 73.73%
DAL-CRP - 53.36%
DAL-DCA - 80.02%
DAL-DEN - 81.47%
DAL-DTW - 78.10%
DAL-ECP - 73.85%
DAL-ELP - 80.94%
DAL-FLL - 75.13%
DAL-HOU - 77.94%
DAL-HRL - 84.32%
DAL-IND - 71.73%
DAL-JAX - 86.97%
DAL-LAS - 88.93%
DAL-LAX - 89.21%
DAL-LBB - 79.92%
DAL-LGA - 85.41%
DAL-LIT - 79.86%
DAL-MAF - 64.95%
DAL-MCI - 80.86%
DAL-MCO - 86.04%
DAL-MDW - 81.26%
DAL-MEM - 68.96%
DAL-MKE - 86.33%
DAL-MSP - 80.63%
DAL-MSY - 75.69%
DAL-OAK - 76.64%
DAL-OKC - 72.01%
DAL-OMA - 76.00%
DAL-ONT - 91.38%
DAL-PDX - 86.68%
DAL-PHL - 87.13%
DAL-PHX - 84.17%
DAL-PIT - 72.21%
DAL-PNS - 81.29%
DAL-RDU - 77.04%
DAL-RSW - 33.54%
DAL-SAN - 84.61%
DAL-SAT - 81.85%
DAL-SDF - 76.56%
DAL-SEA - 89.21%
DAL-SFO - 74.29%
DAL-SJC - 76.94%
DAL-SLC - 84.91%
DAL-SMF - 90.97%
DAL-SNA - 82.26%
DAL-STL - 68.22%
DAL-TPA - 70.75%
DAL-TUL - 80.26%
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:21 pm

737max8 wrote:
ATLgaUSA wrote:
Surprisingly low load factors for a lot of the intra-Texas flying.


Is it? Some of those small cities don't need a 737 multiple times a day for pax but I hear some cities (like CRP) do really well with cargo. And then the big draw on DAL-HOU is obviously high frequency for the business market.


Why would CRP be a good market for air cargo?
 
dfdubflyer
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:12 pm

We dont know what it'll look like, but we know some of the food... and if Terminal F has an Eatzi's I already know I love it:

https://www.papercitymag.com/culture/travel/dfw-airport-new-3-billion-terminal-f-food-hall-eatzis/
 
BNAMealer
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:21 pm

What’s going on with the design of Terminal F? Have they made a decision on what it is going to look like?
 
Brandon757
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Is there any reason why DFW never sees the AA A320? I just realized earlier that I have never seen one there or on any of the apps incoming or departing.
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 2941
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:40 pm

Brandon757 wrote:
Is there any reason why DFW never sees the AA A320? I just realized earlier that I have never seen one there or on any of the apps incoming or departing.


DFW-OAK was on an A320 before it was suspended due to MAX groundings.

I believe there was a DFW-PHX A320 and a few other routes.
 
bigb
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:30 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:07 pm

bravotango75 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
gdg9 wrote:
I think DFW is now up to 250 destinations.


Looks to be 259: https://www.flightsfrom.com/DFW/destinations

That has to be a mistake, how can Dallas have more flights than BOS?


You are joking right? Please say yes......
 
dfdubflyer
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:01 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:21 am

BNAMealer wrote:
What’s going on with the design of Terminal F? Have they made a decision on what it is going to look like?


It’s been very quiet for several months. I believe last I read they were trying to see if F could be built in phases. I could be wrong but just my impression is that TRIP was quite expensive versus budget and didn’t even get to re-doing C, so they’re trying to really keep the C/F re-do under control.
 
deltaffindfw
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:42 am

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:55 pm

I wonder if they will actually have a ‘terminal’ with check in, baggage claim, etc. or will it be a ‘concourse’ connected to D.
 
Brandon757
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:07 pm

deltaffindfw wrote:
I wonder if they will actually have a ‘terminal’ with check in, baggage claim, etc. or will it be a ‘concourse’ connected to D.

Could D's baggage claim, security, ect. be able to handle 24+ more gates? I don't think so.
 
FriscoHeavy
Posts: 1791
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: Dallas/Fort Worth Aviation Thread (DFW/DAL) - 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:17 pm

deltaffindfw wrote:
I wonder if they will actually have a ‘terminal’ with check in, baggage claim, etc. or will it be a ‘concourse’ connected to D.


Absolutely not. Terminal D, in its current state, could not cope with that.
Whatever

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos