Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Boeing 737-MAX10 updates.

Nose #. Type. Mfg S/N. N#. Line #. Year

7751 737MAX-10 66122 N27751 7644 TBD
7752 737MAX-10 66123 N27752 7705 TBD
7753 737MAX-10 66118 N27753 7935 TBD
7754 737MAX-10 66115 TBD 8124 TBD
7755 737MAX-10 66116 TBD 8163 TBD
7756 737MAX-10 66117 TBD 8182 TBD
7757 737MAX-10 64450 TBD 8204 TBD

So far....
737-MAX8........-17
737-MAX9........-32
737-MAX10......-7

Nose Numbers
7251-7267 (-7500) 737MAX-8
7501-7750 737MAX-9
7751-77XX 737MAX-10
You are here.
 
Cmac787
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:34 pm

Wow alot of Maxes getting delivered this year if everything gets straightened out
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:11 pm

Pinto wrote:
FSDan wrote:
Pinto wrote:

IAD has 1x 76L + 1x 772 + 1x 752


Not on the date I looked at. Which date are you looking at?


Today and tommorrow


Note the beginning of my post where I mentioned I was looking ahead to June schedules...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:21 pm

VC10er wrote:
How does 19 flights from USA to LHR stack up against DL & AA? And of the US3, who offers the most lie flat business & First RT to LHR?

Thx!!!


Well, the thing is that DL and AA both have metal-neutral JV partners at LHR, which puts UA solidly in 3rd place if you look at the combined totals. UA has more flights than DL does on their own metal (DL has 11), but VS adds 18 more flights. This summer, AA will have 22 flights a day on their own metal (8 of them on the 77W), so definitely the leader of the US3. And of course, BA blows everyone else out of the water with ~43 daily flights, many of them on 744s and 388s.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 pm

N676UA Polaris HiJ 763 shows HKG>GUM on Friday 2/14? Normally headed to HNL.

Looks like N652UA is headed HNL>GUM>HKG to replace it.
 
kaitakfan
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 1999 1:04 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:56 pm

fun2fly wrote:
N676UA Polaris HiJ 763 shows HKG>GUM on Friday 2/14? Normally headed to HNL.

Looks like N652UA is headed HNL>GUM>HKG to replace it.


They are doing this as a way to avoid laying over crews in HKG due to the virus issues/suspended service. You should have seen the absurd pairings built for these trips now. Of course DENTK instructor pilots bought off the crews that were awarded the double 36 hour Guam layover.
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:29 pm

kaitakfan wrote:
fun2fly wrote:
N676UA Polaris HiJ 763 shows HKG>GUM on Friday 2/14? Normally headed to HNL.

Looks like N652UA is headed HNL>GUM>HKG to replace it.


They are doing this as a way to avoid laying over crews in HKG due to the virus issues/suspended service. You should have seen the absurd pairings built for these trips now. Of course DENTK instructor pilots bought off the crews that were awarded the double 36 hour Guam layover.


Seniority rules...thanks for the insight. Quick 4 hr trip over the Pacific might get you tired and in need of some R&R in GUM.
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:31 pm

UAX Update:

E75SC:
N622UX enters revenue service 13Feb with ExpressJet
N623UX enters revenue service 13Feb with ExpressJet

CR7:
N151GJ exited service, at STL awaiting CR5 mod, will become N530GJ
N173GJ exited service, at STL awaiting CR5 mod, will become N552GJ

CR5:
N508GJ exited AMA in EvoBlu livery, now in revenue service with GoJet (23rd CRJ-550 flying)
N615QX entered MLB for interior mod
N166GJ has been reregistered as N542GJ, exited MLB with interior complete, now at AMA for new livery
 
User avatar
jetblastdubai
Posts: 1981
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:32 pm

Cmac787 wrote:
Wow alot of Maxes getting delivered this year if everything gets straightened out


On top of that, Kirby had publicly stated earlier that UA picked up delivery slots of MAX A/C that some other carriers ended up deferring. Once the MAX can legally fly pax again, UA looks to get a boatload in fairly short order.
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:10 am

CALTECH wrote:
Boeing 737-MAX10 updates.

Nose #. Type. Mfg S/N. N#. Line #. Year

7751 737MAX-10 66122 N27751 7644 TBD
7752 737MAX-10 66123 N27752 7705 TBD
7753 737MAX-10 66118 N27753 7935 TBD
7754 737MAX-10 66115 TBD 8124 TBD
7755 737MAX-10 66116 TBD 8163 TBD
7756 737MAX-10 66117 TBD 8182 TBD
7757 737MAX-10 64450 TBD 8204 TBD

So far....
737-MAX8........-17
737-MAX9........-32
737-MAX10......-7




Nose Numbers
7251-7267 (-7500) 737MAX-8
7501-7750 737MAX-9
7751-77XX 737MAX-10


Interesting/odd how they are numbering the 8/10 fleets starting at xx51 rather than xx01... I presume they have reasons.. :scratchchin: :white:
 
PA815
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:28 am

CALTECH wrote:
787-10 info update

I’m confused about the 787-9 and 787-10 updates. Are these firm orders and if not why is there this level of detail on future deliveries? If they’re firm orders wouldn’t Boeing and UA want some kind of press release out about them? Seems Boeing especially would given their troubles with the MAX.
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:51 am

PA815 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
787-10 info update

I’m confused about the 787-9 and 787-10 updates. Are these firm orders and if not why is there this level of detail on future deliveries? If they’re firm orders wouldn’t Boeing and UA want some kind of press release out about them? Seems Boeing especially would given their troubles with the MAX.

The -9s are a done deal... the -10s however... I believe UA and B have it all planned out, but for whatever the reasons the formal contract has not as yet been signed.

Oh yeah...
789
N24796 Delivery UA2706 CHSORD 12Feb.
 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:38 am

LGeneReese wrote:
PA815 wrote:
CALTECH wrote:
787-10 info update

I’m confused about the 787-9 and 787-10 updates. Are these firm orders and if not why is there this level of detail on future deliveries? If they’re firm orders wouldn’t Boeing and UA want some kind of press release out about them? Seems Boeing especially would given their troubles with the MAX.

The -9s are a done deal... the -10s however... I believe UA and B have it all planned out, but for whatever the reasons the formal contract has not as yet been signed.

Oh yeah...
789
N24796 Delivery UA2706 CHSORD 12Feb.


Weren't some (~10) of those 787-10 orders converted to 77Ws that have since been delivered?
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 am

Anyone know what the plan is for A320s 430 and 431? Are they already being parted out? We’re they sold? We’re they lease return? Are they awaiting an HMV slot?

I’m just surprised they parked 96’ frames before the 93’ frames. Especially with the MAX being down headed into the summer.
 
kaitakfan
Posts: 1547
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 1999 1:04 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:09 am

fun2fly wrote:
kaitakfan wrote:
fun2fly wrote:
N676UA Polaris HiJ 763 shows HKG>GUM on Friday 2/14? Normally headed to HNL.

Looks like N652UA is headed HNL>GUM>HKG to replace it.


They are doing this as a way to avoid laying over crews in HKG due to the virus issues/suspended service. You should have seen the absurd pairings built for these trips now. Of course DENTK instructor pilots bought off the crews that were awarded the double 36 hour Guam layover.


Seniority rules...thanks for the insight. Quick 4 hr trip over the Pacific might get you tired and in need of some R&R in GUM.


It’s a turn for them actually so maybe 10.5 hour duty day If all goes well. Which recently it seems the exiting 767’s have gone out without much of a hiccup.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm

319:
N812UA exited SFO 412/11Feb in 12F configuration
N825UA exited LCQ 2763/12Feb, in 2 days of flying doesn't show 12F, so assume wasn't converted to 12F

772:
N785UA entered XMN 2740/12Feb, expect Polaris/PP into mod slot of N797UA. Is N797UA ready to exit or is N785UA being parked or stripped at another parking location?
Now down to 4 ITPE 772s flying.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:53 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
772:
N785UA entered XMN 2740/12Feb, expect Polaris/PP into mod slot of N797UA. Is N797UA ready to exit or is N785UA being parked or stripped at another parking location?
Now down to 4 ITPE 772s flying.


N2785UA was just ferried to XMN on February 12th for Polaris/PP.
N797UA is still in modification but remember there was little to no work being done during Chinese New Year.
 
User avatar
CALTECH
Posts: 3428
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 4:21 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:00 pm

intotheair wrote:
LGeneReese wrote:
PA815 wrote:
I’m confused about the 787-9 and 787-10 updates. Are these firm orders and if not why is there this level of detail on future deliveries? If they’re firm orders wouldn’t Boeing and UA want some kind of press release out about them? Seems Boeing especially would given their troubles with the MAX.

The -9s are a done deal... the -10s however... I believe UA and B have it all planned out, but for whatever the reasons the formal contract has not as yet been signed.

Oh yeah...
789
N24796 Delivery UA2706 CHSORD 12Feb.


Weren't some (~10) of those 787-10 orders converted to 77Ws that have since been delivered?


No. The list is a 30th January 2020 update. 787-10 delivery dates not published yet......
You are here.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:00 pm

kaitakfan wrote:
fun2fly wrote:
kaitakfan wrote:

They are doing this as a way to avoid laying over crews in HKG due to the virus issues/suspended service. You should have seen the absurd pairings built for these trips now. Of course DENTK instructor pilots bought off the crews that were awarded the double 36 hour Guam layover.


Seniority rules...thanks for the insight. Quick 4 hr trip over the Pacific might get you tired and in need of some R&R in GUM.


It’s a turn for them actually so maybe 10.5 hour duty day If all goes well. Which recently it seems the exiting 767’s have gone out without much of a hiccup.


UA did the same thing for aircraft headed to and from XMN as well, instead of having crews layover in XMN they routed them SFO-GUM-XMN-GUM-SFO. The crew layover was in GUM instead of flying nonstop SFO-XMN-SFO.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 pm

The questions then are:
Is N785UA sitting in HKG until N797UA is completed or is the process underway?
Assuming 772PW Domestic conversion line continues at XMN and one HKG 772PW Polaris line, then N783UA should go in about 4/6. According to my calculations last ITPE unit will be pulled 4/23.
I have a page showing aircraft that need mods along with all 7 HKG and 5 XMN mod lines with guesses of how they will remain filled until summer.
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... d-schedule
 
xxcr
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:26 pm

VC10er wrote:
Pinto wrote:
FSDan wrote:

Going by current June schedules...

SFO-LHR: 1x 77W + 1x 772
LAX-LHR: 1x 789
DEN-LHR: 1x 789
IAH-LHR: 2x 772
ORD-LHR: 3x 76L
IAD-LHR: 1x 752 + 2x 772
EWR-LHR: 6x 76L


IAD has 1x 76L + 1x 772 + 1x 752


Interesting: 19 flights a day!
I would have assumed more from SFO and LAX, but it is still impressive at 19 total. Also impressive are 288 Polaris seats everyday from EWR @ $6,655 in April. (Naturally anyone flying on a Corp contact would be paying about half, and X number of award & upgrades, etc) I’ve done 3 RT’s on this route so far: all 6 legs Polaris was 100% full, so I do wonder how many of the 288 on average are paid?

I'm going need to sit down and figure out how many ”Polaris” seats from the USA there are everyday.

I have always thought adding another morning flight from EWR at 7am might work, arriving LHR earlier (about 7pm). More civilized hour to arrive and get comfy in your hotel.

Does anything have the legs to fly HNL/LHR nonstop, RT?

And, as a ”dreamer” I wish UA would launch an all biz A319 from EWR to London City (like BA) - it would be interesting to see if EWR’s proximity to Manhattan’s Financial District would be a draw!

How does 19 flights from USA to LHR stack up against DL & AA? And of the US3, who offers the most lie flat business & First RT to LHR?

Thx!!!



That's a number i want to see to.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:13 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
The questions then are:
Is N785UA sitting in HKG until N797UA is completed or is the process underway?
Assuming 772PW Domestic conversion line continues at XMN and one HKG 772PW Polaris line, then N783UA should go in about 4/6. According to my calculations last ITPE unit will be pulled 4/23.
I have a page showing aircraft that need mods along with all 7 HKG and 5 XMN mod lines with guesses of how they will remain filled until summer.
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... d-schedule


N785UA is not in HKG, N785UA is in XMN for Polaris/PE as is N797UA.

The IPTE to domestic HD conversions will all take place at HKG the 4 tail numbers are N222UA, N221UA, N219UA and N220UA.
These 4 IPTE frames (269 total passengers) will be converted to domestic use, the layout will be 32F/ 72E+/258E- (362 total passengers w/ AVOD nose to tail).

All GE engine 77Es are going through modification at HKG as well.
 
xxcr
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:53 pm

jayunited wrote:
calpsafltskeds wrote:
The questions then are:
Is N785UA sitting in HKG until N797UA is completed or is the process underway?
Assuming 772PW Domestic conversion line continues at XMN and one HKG 772PW Polaris line, then N783UA should go in about 4/6. According to my calculations last ITPE unit will be pulled 4/23.
I have a page showing aircraft that need mods along with all 7 HKG and 5 XMN mod lines with guesses of how they will remain filled until summer.
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... d-schedule


N785UA is not in HKG, N785UA is in XMN for Polaris/PE as is N797UA.

The IPTE to domestic HD conversions will all take place at HKG the 4 tail numbers are N222UA, N221UA, N219UA and N220UA.
These 4 IPTE frames (269 total passengers) will be converted to domestic use, the layout will be 32F/ 72E+/258E- (362 total passengers w/ AVOD nose to tail).

All GE engine 77Es are going through modification at HKG as well.



NIce!! the new 772 domestic with full AVOD will make Y more enjoyable lol
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:18 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
The questions then are:
Is N785UA sitting in HKG until N797UA is completed or is the process underway?
Assuming 772PW Domestic conversion line continues at XMN and one HKG 772PW Polaris line, then N783UA should go in about 4/6. According to my calculations last ITPE unit will be pulled 4/23.
I have a page showing aircraft that need mods along with all 7 HKG and 5 XMN mod lines with guesses of how they will remain filled until summer.
https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfle ... d-schedule


The amount of time and effort you employ to maintain (not to mention expand) this database never ceases to amaze me... it is very much appreciated, Thank You! :bigthumbsup: :bouncy: :yes:
 
codc10
Posts: 2908
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:03 am

jayunited wrote:
All GE engine 77Es are going through modification at HKG as well.


There appears to be a GE 772 mod line at XMN now (see N77012).
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:19 am

codc10 wrote:
jayunited wrote:
All GE engine 77Es are going through modification at HKG as well.


There appears to be a GE 772 mod line at XMN now (see N77012).


You are absolutely correct I didn't see N77012 at XMN. Strangely though looking at the modification schedule it is the only GE 77E being modified at XMN.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:54 am

According to an article in The Points Guy, this past Monday February 10th UA filed an objection with the DOT requesting they defer PAL's request to add MNL-SEA-MNL. Since the U.S. and the Philippines do not have an open skies agreement each individual government must sign off on any additional flights. UA's position is simply this, since the Philippine government has not approved any of UA's recent request for additional slots and airport infrastructure even a slot that would allow UA at the least to go daily double GUM-MNL-GUM, the DOT should defer PAL's request for SEA.

According to the article PAL has been able to grow their US presence but the Philippine government has not reciprocated leaving UA with only 9 weekly flights (daily GUM and 2x weekly ROR flights).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-ph ... ht-manila/

I'm not sure if this deserves its own thread but the objections UA has raised in recent weeks suggest UA is serious about expanding at MNL but so far the Philippine government will not grant UA the necessary slots or airport infrastructure needed to grow at MNL. Should UA (if they are serious about the Philippines) start looking at other airports perhaps CEB or to a lesser extent CRK because there really is nothing the DOT can do to force the Philippine government to approve UA's request.
 
x1234
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 am

jayunited, is SFO-MNL on the table?
 
77H
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:07 am

jayunited wrote:
According to an article in The Points Guy, this past Monday February 10th UA filed an objection with the DOT requesting they defer PAL's request to add MNL-SEA-MNL. Since the U.S. and the Philippines do not have an open skies agreement each individual government must sign off on any additional flights. UA's position is simply this, since the Philippine government has not approved any of UA's recent request for additional slots and airport infrastructure even a slot that would allow UA at the least to go daily double GUM-MNL-GUM, the DOT should defer PAL's request for SEA.

According to the article PAL has been able to grow their US presence but the Philippine government has not reciprocated leaving UA with only 9 weekly flights (daily GUM and 2x weekly ROR flights).

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-ph ... ht-manila/

I'm not sure if this deserves its own thread but the objections UA has raised in recent weeks suggest UA is serious about expanding at MNL but so far the Philippine government will not grant UA the necessary slots or airport infrastructure needed to grow at MNL. Should UA (if they are serious about the Philippines) start looking at other airports perhaps CEB or to a lesser extent CRK because there really is nothing the DOT can do to force the Philippine government to approve UA's request.


I mean, the DOT could do exactly what UA is asking and deny PI’s request to launch SEA unless the Philippine government plays fair.

77H
 
codc10
Posts: 2908
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:04 am

x1234 wrote:
jayunited, is SFO-MNL on the table?


Just a 2nd GUM-MNL.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 pm

x1234 wrote:
jayunited, is SFO-MNL on the table?


So far the only official request that I know of has been a second GUM-MNL-GUM flight.

The rumors of a SFO-MNL still exist but again those are just rumors. I don't know if UA has or is considering submitting a request to the Philippine government for a slot to operate a flight nonstop from the U.S..

What we do know is UA's requests for more slots and airport infrastructure at MNL so far have been denied. UA now wants the DOT to defer PAL's MNL-SEA request because according to UA PAL has been allowed to expand here in the U.S. whereas the Philippine government has blocked UA at every turn.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Sorry about the error of N785UA, which is in XMN. We'll find out later if it's in mod now or just sitting until N797UA exits.
LGeneReese, thanks for the kind words.
The mod schedule is just my estimate of what probably will happen, using average mod times for each conversion and the 12 current mod lines. I'm sure there will be some quicker and longer than estimated and most likely different aircraft types may enter than estimated.
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:38 pm

UAX Update:

CR5:
N369CA has been reregistered as N522GJ, mod complete and now in revenue service with GoJet (#24)
N511GJ exited MLB with mod complete, ferried AMA for EvoBlu livery
 
VC10er
Posts: 4273
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:26 am

How many CRJ550’s is UA planning on creating?

Also, when the MAX is approved to fly, can UA take delivery of ALL of them at once? Is there a route plan for each one? I guess I'm just asking how UA gets them into the air, and earning money and how long will it take to phase the whole backlog in?
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.
 
Scarebus34
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:28 am

United has set the Max return to service date as 9/4.
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:34 am

Scarebus34 wrote:
United has set the Max return to service date as 9/4.


So they've removed them from the schedule to Labor Day weekend. This is smart as they can plan their summer schedule with some degree of certainty based on their existing assets. If the Max starts flying again in May (for example) then they still have the option to upgauge or add additional frequency in markets that are performing strongly, but don't have to worry about a lack of expected capacity come July.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
Scarebus34
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:
United has set the Max return to service date as 9/4.


So they've removed them from the schedule to Labor Day weekend. This is smart as they can plan their summer schedule with some degree of certainty based on their existing assets. If the Max starts flying again in May (for example) then they still have the option to upgauge or add additional frequency in markets that are performing strongly, but don't have to worry about a lack of expected capacity come July.

I highly doubt they will use them as equipment subs should they be available prior to 9/4. That would be a CS nightmare. 9/4 was set due to the training and maintenance needed to get them up and running.
Last edited by Scarebus34 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
FlyHossD
Posts: 2101
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 am

VC10er wrote:
...Also, when the MAX is approved to fly, can UA take delivery of ALL of them at once? Is there a route plan for each one? I guess I'm just asking how UA gets them into the air, and earning money and how long will it take to phase the whole backlog in?


My expectation - sans any insider info - is that UA will restart the 737Max flying much like they started it. First, out of one pilot base, probably IAH, then another. IIRC, the second base was LAX.

No doubt Boeing will be in a hurry to deliver the airplanes, in order to get the income, but I'd suspect that each airline is negotiating a new delivery schedule. Any new pilot training requirements will factor into this, too.
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:19 am

One thing that is very helpful here is that UA does have MAX sim on property.... Definitely correct me if I’m in error on this...
 
CriticalPoint
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:41 am

LGeneReese wrote:
One thing that is very helpful here is that UA does have MAX sim on property.... Definitely correct me if I’m in error on this...


They have one up and running ready to train. There will be two more by mid summer. With 3 sims they should be able to get the pilots trained very quickly.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

So they've removed them from the schedule to Labor Day weekend. This is smart as they can plan their summer schedule with some degree of certainty based on their existing assets. If the Max starts flying again in May (for example) then they still have the option to upgauge or add additional frequency in markets that are performing strongly, but don't have to worry about a lack of expected capacity come July.


I highly doubt they will use them as equipment subs should they be available prior to 9/4. That would be a CS nightmare. 9/4 was set due to the training and maintenance needed to get them up and running.


I think both you Scarebus34 and RyanairGuru may be correct. Removing the MAX from the schedule gets rid of the uncertainty heading into the summer travel season. Also it frees up a lot of manpower behind the scenes. Every person who buys a ticket on a MAX flight has to be rebooked. Since there is still uncertainty around when the MAX will be re-certified its best to just remove them from the schedule and free up the manpower required to rebook all the people who have/will purchase tickets on a MAX flight.

UA already has one MAX sim with a few more schedule to be delivered. If UA is able to get enough pilots trained and performs all the required maintenance as Scarebus34 correctly suggested, I see no reason why UA would allow these aircraft to sit idle on the ground till 9/4 especially if they are re-certified prior to that date. For example UA could swap out last minute a 739ER flying a West Coast-Hawaii route with a MAX9.

Quick side note SFO spotters keep your eyes open tomorrow February 16th N26960 a 789 will be ferried from VCV in the EVO Blue paint scheme. Taking its place at VCV as a paint entry will be N26967. As it stands right now the first revenue flight for N26960 in the new paint scheme is scheduled as UA104-17 SFO-DEL. (Aircraft routing is subject to change.)
 
codc10
Posts: 2908
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:02 pm

VC10er wrote:
Also, when the MAX is approved to fly, can UA take delivery of ALL of them at once? Is there a route plan for each one? I guess I'm just asking how UA gets them into the air, and earning money and how long will it take to phase the whole backlog in?


It will take months. UA has only taken delivery of 16(?) MAX frames, so the others that have been built and are sitting idle will actually need to be handed over and inducted, which will take time. For all of them, it will take quite a while to convert them from storage to flight-ready condition.

Then, United is going to have to get its pilots trained, which will require getting all of them to TK for a sim ride.

To hazard a guess, I think it will take at least 6-8 months from the end of the grounding to get things spooled back up to the level of March 2019.
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Why is N2251U new 77W in SFO induction for over two weeks? Seems like a long time unless the TPAC cuts mean no need for it.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3233
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 am

319:
N824UA entered SFO 2228/14Feb, sked exit 2358/16Feb in 12F config.

73G:
N16756, former WN N7703A Ferried PAE-GYR 2709/15Feb for short term storage or Induction

738:
N37293 sked to exit AMA 2717/16Feb in EvoBlu livery

752:
N13110 entered SAT 2762/14Feb, could be 16/160 mod
N19117 entered MIA 2754/8Feb for 16/160 config.

789:
N26960 sked to exit VCV 2733/16Feb, either in EvoBlu or wing touchup as stated by CALTECH 5 days ago
 
VC10er
Posts: 4273
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:25 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:24 pm

These questions or thoughts have a high potential for being a stupid ones... Please bear with me.

Does United know ”TODAY” with a great degree of certainty ALL the new domestic routes they need or want to open, as well as adding additional frequencies to some current routes with the enormous amount of new NB’s coming?
Will they have already applied for and completed most of the work to obtain and secure Gov approvals, airport approvals, the gates, routes and crews etc?

After ALL” the dust settles over the next few years and the massive amounts of new NB’s are now flying everyday, how much of this is certain and how many are TBD?
What is the final tally, minus retired birds, will UA have in additional, incremental NB’s? How much closer will they be to DL and AA domestically?

I have lost count of how many 737MAX-9/10’s will be ultimately delivered (I believe it is 100 MAX-10’s, 50 MAX 9’s. PLUS, ”ALL” the additional new (but used) NB’s of A319/73G’s (I find hard to count in the end all the used ac they have already inked. Then come the 50 A321XLR’s I assume will all have new flat bed but also do domestic runs ,and last the 19 (?) newly configured Domestic HD 772’s- put together with the current fleet, all these NB’s must add millions of seats in the skies!!!

How many of the MAX-10’s will have a new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds, given I assume that all 50 A321XLR will get the new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds? (and what domestic routes will get ”Flat Bed F cabins” on the MAX-10?...assuming they might be too small for EWR/SFO/LAX? Eg: EWR/IAD to San Diego, Seattle, Florida to California? EWR to DEN, MIA, FLL, Mexico, etc.
AND I STILL DO NOT KNOW IF AN INTERNATIONALLY CONFIGURED 737MAX-10 CAN DO SOME TATL FLYING!?!

Last, which airports are there exactly that are genuinely too ”Hot & High or who's runways are too short to for any of these NB aircraft above to manage? (the infamous airports that today only a 752 can manage)?

International WB I seem to have squared (short of the rumors of many more 78J!)

Thanks for any information or insights!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.
 
User avatar
KLASM83
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Question: what is YX have with the airport in Canada CYRQ? Seems a lot of their birds go up there-is it maintenance? N739YX just landed there from IND and that seems a bit unusual for them if it wasn't getting fixed.

Thanks!
"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability" -Edgar Allan Poe

Don't you want to hang out and waste your life with us?
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2101
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:34 pm

KLASM83 wrote:
Question: what is YX have with the airport in Canada CYRQ? Seems a lot of their birds go up there-is it maintenance? N739YX just landed there from IND and that seems a bit unusual for them if it wasn't getting fixed.

Thanks!

It’s for a MX entry. AAR has a facility at YRQ that Republic uses for its Embraer fleet.
 
User avatar
STT757
Posts: 14150
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 1:14 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 pm

VC10er wrote:
These questions or thoughts have a high potential for being a stupid ones... Please bear with me.

Does United know ”TODAY” with a great degree of certainty ALL the new domestic routes they need or want to open, as well as adding additional frequencies to some current routes with the enormous amount of new NB’s coming?
Will they have already applied for and completed most of the work to obtain and secure Gov approvals, airport approvals, the gates, routes and crews etc?

After ALL” the dust settles over the next few years and the massive amounts of new NB’s are now flying everyday, how much of this is certain and how many are TBD?
What is the final tally, minus retired birds, will UA have in additional, incremental NB’s? How much closer will they be to DL and AA domestically?

I have lost count of how many 737MAX-9/10’s will be ultimately delivered (I believe it is 100 MAX-10’s, 50 MAX 9’s. PLUS, ”ALL” the additional new (but used) NB’s of A319/73G’s (I find hard to count in the end all the used ac they have already inked. Then come the 50 A321XLR’s I assume will all have new flat bed but also do domestic runs ,and last the 19 (?) newly configured Domestic HD 772’s- put together with the current fleet, all these NB’s must add millions of seats in the skies!!!

How many of the MAX-10’s will have a new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds, given I assume that all 50 A321XLR will get the new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds? (and what domestic routes will get ”Flat Bed F cabins” on the MAX-10?...assuming they might be too small for EWR/SFO/LAX? Eg: EWR/IAD to San Diego, Seattle, Florida to California? EWR to DEN, MIA, FLL, Mexico, etc.
AND I STILL DO NOT KNOW IF AN INTERNATIONALLY CONFIGURED 737MAX-10 CAN DO SOME TATL FLYING!?!

Last, which airports are there exactly that are genuinely too ”Hot & High or who's runways are too short to for any of these NB aircraft above to manage? (the infamous airports that today only a 752 can manage)?

International WB I seem to have squared (short of the rumors of many more 78J!)

Thanks for any information or insights!


The 737Max 10 does not have Trans Atlantic range, thus the A321XLR order. At 3,200 miles range the 737 Max 10 is going to be a domestic aircraft. EWR/ORD/IAH- Florida, California, Las Vegas, LAX/SFO-Hawaii. They might put a premium Polaris type of cabin up front from some trans cons, but no Trans-Atlantic.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757
 
jayunited
Posts: 3022
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Just saw the updated 789 Polaris/PE installation schedule and the schedule has slipped by a few months for the 789 fleet.
According to the old (now) out dated schedule installation was suppose to wrap up late December 2020. Now according to the new updated schedule the 789 fleet will wrap up in mid-March of 2021.

Looking at the revised schedule no 789s are schedule to undergo Polaris/PE modification from mid-April 2020 through mid-July. Then from mid-July till almost the end of August 2020 only one 789 frame will be at XMN, however by early September the 789 Polaris/PE schedule kicks into overdrive.

For now the 788 Polaris/PE installation is holding.

I haven't had time to look at the 789 summer 2020 aircraft utilization, even with UA taking delivery of a few 789s before peak summer season hits it seems like from this revised Polaris/PE schedule UA will have very few 789s to spare.
 
1989worstyear
Posts: 887
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:22 pm

jayunited wrote:
Just saw the updated 789 Polaris/PE installation schedule and the schedule has slipped by a few months for the 789 fleet.
According to the old (now) out dated schedule installation was suppose to wrap up late December 2020. Now according to the new updated schedule the 789 fleet will wrap up in mid-March of 2021.

Looking at the revised schedule no 789s are schedule to undergo Polaris/PE modification from mid-April 2020 through mid-July. Then from mid-July till almost the end of August 2020 only one 789 frame will be at XMN, however by early September the 789 Polaris/PE schedule kicks into overdrive.

For now the 788 Polaris/PE installation is holding.

I haven't had time to look at the 789 summer 2020 aircraft utilization, even with UA taking delivery of a few 789s before peak summer season hits it seems like from this revised Polaris/PE schedule UA will have very few 789s to spare.


Could this be due to the China outbreak?
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos