Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

VC10er

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:26 am

How many CRJ550’s is UA planning on creating?

Also, when the MAX is approved to fly, can UA take delivery of ALL of them at once? Is there a route plan for each one? I guess I'm just asking how UA gets them into the air, and earning money and how long will it take to phase the whole backlog in?
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

Scarebus34

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:28 am

United has set the Max return to service date as 9/4.

RyanairGuru

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:34 am

Scarebus34 wrote:

So they've removed them from the schedule to Labor Day weekend. This is smart as they can plan their summer schedule with some degree of certainty based on their existing assets. If the Max starts flying again in May (for example) then they still have the option to upgauge or add additional frequency in markets that are performing strongly, but don't have to worry about a lack of expected capacity come July.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

Scarebus34

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
Scarebus34 wrote:

So they've removed them from the schedule to Labor Day weekend. This is smart as they can plan their summer schedule with some degree of certainty based on their existing assets. If the Max starts flying again in May (for example) then they still have the option to upgauge or add additional frequency in markets that are performing strongly, but don't have to worry about a lack of expected capacity come July.

I highly doubt they will use them as equipment subs should they be available prior to 9/4. That would be a CS nightmare. 9/4 was set due to the training and maintenance needed to get them up and running.
Last edited by Scarebus34 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlyHossD

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:53 am

VC10er wrote:
...Also, when the MAX is approved to fly, can UA take delivery of ALL of them at once? Is there a route plan for each one? I guess I'm just asking how UA gets them into the air, and earning money and how long will it take to phase the whole backlog in?

My expectation - sans any insider info - is that UA will restart the 737Max flying much like they started it. First, out of one pilot base, probably IAH, then another. IIRC, the second base was LAX.

No doubt Boeing will be in a hurry to deliver the airplanes, in order to get the income, but I'd suspect that each airline is negotiating a new delivery schedule. Any new pilot training requirements will factor into this, too.
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

LGeneReese

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:19 am

One thing that is very helpful here is that UA does have MAX sim on property.... Definitely correct me if I’m in error on this...

CriticalPoint

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:41 am

LGeneReese wrote:
One thing that is very helpful here is that UA does have MAX sim on property.... Definitely correct me if I’m in error on this...

They have one up and running ready to train. There will be two more by mid summer. With 3 sims they should be able to get the pilots trained very quickly.

jayunited

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Scarebus34 wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

I highly doubt they will use them as equipment subs should they be available prior to 9/4. That would be a CS nightmare. 9/4 was set due to the training and maintenance needed to get them up and running.

I think both you Scarebus34 and RyanairGuru may be correct. Removing the MAX from the schedule gets rid of the uncertainty heading into the summer travel season. Also it frees up a lot of manpower behind the scenes. Every person who buys a ticket on a MAX flight has to be rebooked. Since there is still uncertainty around when the MAX will be re-certified its best to just remove them from the schedule and free up the manpower required to rebook all the people who have/will purchase tickets on a MAX flight.

UA already has one MAX sim with a few more schedule to be delivered. If UA is able to get enough pilots trained and performs all the required maintenance as Scarebus34 correctly suggested, I see no reason why UA would allow these aircraft to sit idle on the ground till 9/4 especially if they are re-certified prior to that date. For example UA could swap out last minute a 739ER flying a West Coast-Hawaii route with a MAX9.

Quick side note SFO spotters keep your eyes open tomorrow February 16th N26960 a 789 will be ferried from VCV in the EVO Blue paint scheme. Taking its place at VCV as a paint entry will be N26967. As it stands right now the first revenue flight for N26960 in the new paint scheme is scheduled as UA104-17 SFO-DEL. (Aircraft routing is subject to change.)

codc10

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:02 pm

VC10er wrote:
Also, when the MAX is approved to fly, can UA take delivery of ALL of them at once? Is there a route plan for each one? I guess I'm just asking how UA gets them into the air, and earning money and how long will it take to phase the whole backlog in?

It will take months. UA has only taken delivery of 16(?) MAX frames, so the others that have been built and are sitting idle will actually need to be handed over and inducted, which will take time. For all of them, it will take quite a while to convert them from storage to flight-ready condition.

Then, United is going to have to get its pilots trained, which will require getting all of them to TK for a sim ride.

To hazard a guess, I think it will take at least 6-8 months from the end of the grounding to get things spooled back up to the level of March 2019.

fun2fly

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Why is N2251U new 77W in SFO induction for over two weeks? Seems like a long time unless the TPAC cuts mean no need for it.

calpsafltskeds

Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 am

319:
N824UA entered SFO 2228/14Feb, sked exit 2358/16Feb in 12F config.

73G:
N16756, former WN N7703A Ferried PAE-GYR 2709/15Feb for short term storage or Induction

738:
N37293 sked to exit AMA 2717/16Feb in EvoBlu livery

752:
N13110 entered SAT 2762/14Feb, could be 16/160 mod
N19117 entered MIA 2754/8Feb for 16/160 config.

789:
N26960 sked to exit VCV 2733/16Feb, either in EvoBlu or wing touchup as stated by CALTECH 5 days ago

VC10er

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:24 pm

These questions or thoughts have a high potential for being a stupid ones... Please bear with me.

Does United know ”TODAY” with a great degree of certainty ALL the new domestic routes they need or want to open, as well as adding additional frequencies to some current routes with the enormous amount of new NB’s coming?
Will they have already applied for and completed most of the work to obtain and secure Gov approvals, airport approvals, the gates, routes and crews etc?

After ALL” the dust settles over the next few years and the massive amounts of new NB’s are now flying everyday, how much of this is certain and how many are TBD?
What is the final tally, minus retired birds, will UA have in additional, incremental NB’s? How much closer will they be to DL and AA domestically?

I have lost count of how many 737MAX-9/10’s will be ultimately delivered (I believe it is 100 MAX-10’s, 50 MAX 9’s. PLUS, ”ALL” the additional new (but used) NB’s of A319/73G’s (I find hard to count in the end all the used ac they have already inked. Then come the 50 A321XLR’s I assume will all have new flat bed but also do domestic runs ,and last the 19 (?) newly configured Domestic HD 772’s- put together with the current fleet, all these NB’s must add millions of seats in the skies!!!

How many of the MAX-10’s will have a new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds, given I assume that all 50 A321XLR will get the new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds? (and what domestic routes will get ”Flat Bed F cabins” on the MAX-10?...assuming they might be too small for EWR/SFO/LAX? Eg: EWR/IAD to San Diego, Seattle, Florida to California? EWR to DEN, MIA, FLL, Mexico, etc.
AND I STILL DO NOT KNOW IF AN INTERNATIONALLY CONFIGURED 737MAX-10 CAN DO SOME TATL FLYING!?!

Last, which airports are there exactly that are genuinely too ”Hot & High or who's runways are too short to for any of these NB aircraft above to manage? (the infamous airports that today only a 752 can manage)?

International WB I seem to have squared (short of the rumors of many more 78J!)

Thanks for any information or insights!

KLASM83

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Question: what is YX have with the airport in Canada CYRQ? Seems a lot of their birds go up there-is it maintenance? N739YX just landed there from IND and that seems a bit unusual for them if it wasn't getting fixed.

Thanks!
"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability" -Edgar Allan Poe

Don't you want to hang out and waste your life with us?

Runway28L

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:34 pm

KLASM83 wrote:
Question: what is YX have with the airport in Canada CYRQ? Seems a lot of their birds go up there-is it maintenance? N739YX just landed there from IND and that seems a bit unusual for them if it wasn't getting fixed.

Thanks!

It’s for a MX entry. AAR has a facility at YRQ that Republic uses for its Embraer fleet.

STT757

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:44 pm

VC10er wrote:
These questions or thoughts have a high potential for being a stupid ones... Please bear with me.

Does United know ”TODAY” with a great degree of certainty ALL the new domestic routes they need or want to open, as well as adding additional frequencies to some current routes with the enormous amount of new NB’s coming?
Will they have already applied for and completed most of the work to obtain and secure Gov approvals, airport approvals, the gates, routes and crews etc?

After ALL” the dust settles over the next few years and the massive amounts of new NB’s are now flying everyday, how much of this is certain and how many are TBD?
What is the final tally, minus retired birds, will UA have in additional, incremental NB’s? How much closer will they be to DL and AA domestically?

I have lost count of how many 737MAX-9/10’s will be ultimately delivered (I believe it is 100 MAX-10’s, 50 MAX 9’s. PLUS, ”ALL” the additional new (but used) NB’s of A319/73G’s (I find hard to count in the end all the used ac they have already inked. Then come the 50 A321XLR’s I assume will all have new flat bed but also do domestic runs ,and last the 19 (?) newly configured Domestic HD 772’s- put together with the current fleet, all these NB’s must add millions of seats in the skies!!!

How many of the MAX-10’s will have a new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds, given I assume that all 50 A321XLR will get the new ”Polaris-like” flatbeds? (and what domestic routes will get ”Flat Bed F cabins” on the MAX-10?...assuming they might be too small for EWR/SFO/LAX? Eg: EWR/IAD to San Diego, Seattle, Florida to California? EWR to DEN, MIA, FLL, Mexico, etc.
AND I STILL DO NOT KNOW IF AN INTERNATIONALLY CONFIGURED 737MAX-10 CAN DO SOME TATL FLYING!?!

Last, which airports are there exactly that are genuinely too ”Hot & High or who's runways are too short to for any of these NB aircraft above to manage? (the infamous airports that today only a 752 can manage)?

International WB I seem to have squared (short of the rumors of many more 78J!)

Thanks for any information or insights!

The 737Max 10 does not have Trans Atlantic range, thus the A321XLR order. At 3,200 miles range the 737 Max 10 is going to be a domestic aircraft. EWR/ORD/IAH- Florida, California, Las Vegas, LAX/SFO-Hawaii. They might put a premium Polaris type of cabin up front from some trans cons, but no Trans-Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

jayunited

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:19 pm

Just saw the updated 789 Polaris/PE installation schedule and the schedule has slipped by a few months for the 789 fleet.
According to the old (now) out dated schedule installation was suppose to wrap up late December 2020. Now according to the new updated schedule the 789 fleet will wrap up in mid-March of 2021.

Looking at the revised schedule no 789s are schedule to undergo Polaris/PE modification from mid-April 2020 through mid-July. Then from mid-July till almost the end of August 2020 only one 789 frame will be at XMN, however by early September the 789 Polaris/PE schedule kicks into overdrive.

For now the 788 Polaris/PE installation is holding.

I haven't had time to look at the 789 summer 2020 aircraft utilization, even with UA taking delivery of a few 789s before peak summer season hits it seems like from this revised Polaris/PE schedule UA will have very few 789s to spare.

1989worstyear

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:22 pm

jayunited wrote:
Just saw the updated 789 Polaris/PE installation schedule and the schedule has slipped by a few months for the 789 fleet.
According to the old (now) out dated schedule installation was suppose to wrap up late December 2020. Now according to the new updated schedule the 789 fleet will wrap up in mid-March of 2021.

Looking at the revised schedule no 789s are schedule to undergo Polaris/PE modification from mid-April 2020 through mid-July. Then from mid-July till almost the end of August 2020 only one 789 frame will be at XMN, however by early September the 789 Polaris/PE schedule kicks into overdrive.

I haven't had time to look at the 789 summer 2020 aircraft utilization, even with UA taking delivery of a few 789s before peak summer season hits it seems like from this revised Polaris/PE schedule UA will have very few 789s to spare.

Could this be due to the China outbreak?
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

jayunited

Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:20 pm

1989worstyear wrote:
jayunited wrote:

No its has nothing to do with the coronavirus.
The 788s are being modified at XMN as well, that schedule remains unchanged as well as the schedule for the remaining PW 77Es (except for the 4 joining the HD domestic fleet). As far as the GE 77Es (one is current at XNM) the remaining GE 77Es and the 763 schedule at HKG remains unchanged. This update looks like it has more to do with the 789 utilization rate than the coronavirus.

fun2fly

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:46 am

jayunited wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:
jayunited wrote:

No its has nothing to do with the coronavirus.
The 788s are being modified at XMN as well, that schedule remains unchanged as well as the schedule for the remaining PW 77Es (except for the 4 joining the HD domestic fleet). As far as the GE 77Es (one is current at XNM) the remaining GE 77Es and the 763 schedule at HKG remains unchanged. This update looks like it has more to do with the 789 utilization rate than the coronavirus.

Interesting change, I wonder what the reason is. If they are changing the sequence up, aka swapping a 787 to a 767/777 line to make the odd remaining a/c out of the schedule planner's mix, that would be fine. Due to the coronavirus, there certainly is not a shortage of w/b a/c. I could see it would be more advantageous to finish 777/767 lines first. Or perhaps the 764 will go in earlier?

I'd bet the STC process is going slower than expected and that's the reason (789, 772 HD v#2, etc.). It's certainly not that UA has scheduled additional routes for these to fly.

MIflyer12

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:57 am

VC10er wrote:

No, they don't. Route planning is a never-ending process. It's a function of many things including passenger willingness to pay, competition, fuel prices, crew availability, geopolitical events and crazy stuff like 321neo delays and MAX groundings not specific to United. If fuel prices were to double the old 763s would drop like flies.

Do they have an outline of what aircraft they're inducting and retiring, and the routes and frequencies to be flown? <Expletive> I hope so.

calpsafltskeds

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:08 am

jayunited, that makes sense as the 788 versions have such a different seating capacities they would like to complete this program ASAP.

I have no idea if the estimates are on the Fleet Site Mod schedule are anywhere near reality, but I see 7 mod lines at HKG and 5 at XMN:
Assume
- The six Polaris 772 mod lines would continue full bore until completed at HKG/XMN.
- The 772 Domestic program would continue with one HKG mod line
- The 763s would continue at HKG, 4 more High J first, then 3 remaining Polaris only.
- The Domestic 772 program could be delayed to move the 763 program up.
- Now that 788s are prioritized, they would take up 2 or 3 mod lines at XMN with the possibility of more mod lines when the 772s are completed.
- Under that 788 scenario I've revised 787 mod lines to show 788s last in 5/24 and last out 7/8/20 (with 45 day mod visits).

I see the SFO-SIN and IAH-SYD routes were shown as priorities for Polaris 789s. UA could have 5 Polaris 789s by April with 3 new deliveries, the STC unit and one mod conversion aircraft - that should meet your timetable for those routes and of no 789s starting in mid- April and leave 23 to be completed.

Assuming a 45 day mod time, it would take 6 mod lines of 789s to convert the remaining 23 or 24 from September 2020 to March 2021. Maybe 5 mod lines if the process is compressed a bit. Do we know if all 789s going through mod will also require heavy maintenance? 4 units were delivered just 2 years ago and 2 more just 3 years ago.

VC10er

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:24 am

Aside from EWR to LHR/GVA/ZUR what other routes are going to see the High-J 763’s?

Why does UA resist EWR/GIG nonstop's? Doesn't DL and AA fly nonstop JFK/GIG? Perhaps LATAM?
UA does have the connection from GRU to SDU, which is great to disembark so close to Zona Sul.

Does DL and AA offer the same connection to SDU?

calpsafltskeds

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:35 am

319:
N847UA sked to enter AMA2762/18Feb for EvoBlu livery
N881UA sked to exit AMA 2743/18Feb in EvoBlu, first revenue flight sked 532/18Feb

320:
N492UA sked to enter AMA 2742/17Feb for EvoBlu livery

763:
N648UA sked to exit LCQ 2756/17Feb in EvoBlu livery
N670UA sked to enter LCQ 2757/18Feb for EvoBlu livery

KFTG

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:38 am

CriticalPoint wrote:
LGeneReese wrote:

They have one up and running ready to train. There will be two more by mid summer. With 3 sims they should be able to get the pilots trained very quickly.

The only one "up and running" is a cockpit procedures trainer, basically a dumbed-down FTD. The first full flight is installed and undergoing testing prior to its initial evaluation, currently scheduled for late March.

airplanedriver6

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:26 am

VC10er wrote:
Aside from EWR to LHR/GVA/ZUR what other routes are going to see the High-J 763’s?

ORD-LHR (3 daily) and ORD-ZRH (new route starts end of March)

codc10

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:26 pm

airplanedriver6 wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Plus EWR-FRA #2, EWR-NCE (seasonal) and IAD-LHR has one currently.

CALTECH

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:36 pm

#0906 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 2/26

#0909 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 2/28

#0968 XMN 2/17 POLARIS STC ETR 3/13

#0012 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/15

#2885 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/27

#2897 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/7

#4874 XMN 2/17 CS Induct ETR 4/3

#4875 XMN 2/17 CS Induct ETR 2/27

#0006 VCV 2/17 Full Paint ETR 2/26
You are here.

CALTECH

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:14 pm

Full Paint includes wings stripped and painted.....

#0213 AMA 2/17 Full PAINT ETR 2/24

#0529 AMA 2/17 Full PAINT ETR 2/19

#4047 AMA 2/17 Full PAINT ETR 2/25

#4881 AMA 2/17 Full PAINT ETR 2/17

#6448 LCQ 2/17 Full PAINT ETR 2/16 ---EWR 2/17

#0007 HKG 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/1

#0008 HKG 2/17 POLARIS ETR 2/24

#0019 HKG 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/9

#0021 HKG 2/17 Rescheduled POLARIS ETR 4/13

#2822 HKG 2/17 Hi Density Cabin Mod STC ETR 2/18

#6452 HKG 2/17 POLARIS ETR 4/4

#6673 HKG 2/17 Hi J POLARIS ETR 3/28

#0906 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 2/26

#0909 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 2/28

#0968 XMN 2/17 POLARIS STC ETR 3/13

#0012 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/15

#2885 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/27

#2897 XMN 2/17 POLARIS ETR 3/7

#4874 XMN 2/17 CS Induct ETR 4/3

#4875 XMN 2/17 CS Induct ETR 2/27

#0006 VCV 2/17 Full Paint ETR 2/26
You are here.

calpsafltskeds

Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm

319:
N831UA exited AMA 2718/17Feb in EvoBlu livery
42 narrowbodies and 18 widebodies complete or in paint

coolbeans202

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:33 pm

codc10 wrote:
airplanedriver6 wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I'm not sure when it starts up, but IAD-GVA (and I think ZRH) will also get them by the middle of September.

FSDan

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:10 pm

coolbeans202 wrote:
codc10 wrote:
airplanedriver6 wrote:

I'm not sure when it starts up, but IAD-GVA (and I think ZRH) will also get them by the middle of September.

In the June schedules, which I've looked at a lot recently, the following routes are scheduled for the 76L fleet:

ORD-LHR x3
ORD-ZRH x1
IAD-GVA x1
IAD-ZRH x1
EWR-LHR x6
EWR-NCE x1
EWR-FRA x1
EWR-GVA x1
EWR-ZRH x1

That flying can be covered by 17 frames.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

fun2fly

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:13 pm

FSDan wrote:
coolbeans202 wrote:
codc10 wrote:

In the June schedules, which I've looked at a lot recently, the following routes are scheduled for the 76L fleet:

ORD-LHR x3
ORD-ZRH x1
IAD-GVA x1
IAD-ZRH x1
EWR-LHR x6
EWR-NCE x1
EWR-FRA x1
EWR-GVA x1
EWR-ZRH x1

What routes are the additional 4 frames destined for once converted? 21 total frames.

joeljack

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Where are all the China and Hong Kong birds sitting right now? Also, noticed DL did some domestic adds in March and April over springbreak times on their idled China widebodies. Has UA done any of this? It really didn't look like it from the OAG update thread the last 2 weeks.

Seems to me with the max groundings, they could switch some hub to hub smaller planes to these or add additional LAS/ MCO flights to widebodies and then trickle down the additional lift throughout their network for the busy spring break period? Similar to what DL is doing even though DL isn't short aircraft right now like UA is.

FSDan

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:28 pm

jayunited wrote:

Here's my estimation of the utilization of the 789 fleet based on current June schedules.

Polaris routes (some assumptions here based on the statements that SFO-SIN and IAH-SYD are being prioritized for Polaris):

SFO-IAH x1 (appears to be an out-and-back rotation that may or may not be on Polaris-equipped aircraft, but it does work with the schedule...)
SFO-SIN x2
SFO-SYD x3 weekly
IAH-SYD x4 weekly

Frames needed to cover schedule: 6

Non-Polaris routes:

SFO-MUC x1
SFO-ZRH x1
SFO-DEL x3 weekly
SFO-HND x1
SFO-ICN x1
SFO-PVG x2
SFO-SYD x4 weekly
SFO-MEL x3 weekly
SFO-PPT x3 weekly
LAX-LHR x1
LAX-NRT x1
LAX-PVG x1
LAX-SYD x3 weekly
LAX-MEL x4 weekly
DEN-LHR x1
DEN-FRA x1
DEN-NRT x1
ORD-MUC x1
ORD-PVG x1

Frames needed to cover schedule: 25 (perhaps one or two converted frames would rotate throughout?)

Regardless of the Polaris vs non-Polaris route breakdown, we're looking at something like 31 frames needed to cover the summer schedule. In a post upthread, it was mentioned that there should be 3 new 789s delivered by April. I'm guessing there might be several more delivered and inducted by June? Assuming that's the case, this schedule should work, but is definitely not going to allow for much slack.

FSDan

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:32 pm

fun2fly wrote:
FSDan wrote:
coolbeans202 wrote:

ORD-LHR x3
ORD-ZRH x1
IAD-GVA x1
IAD-ZRH x1
EWR-LHR x6
EWR-NCE x1
EWR-FRA x1
EWR-GVA x1
EWR-ZRH x1

What routes are the additional 4 frames destined for once converted? 21 total frames.

I don't know if anything has been announced/loaded yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the morning IAD-LHR rotation got added down the road (which would require 2 frames: 1 RON at IAD and 1 RON at LHR). And UA will probably want to keep 1-2 spares for a fleet of 21.

LGeneReese

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:00 pm

N29977 B1 BOE352 CHSCHS 17Feb

N24976 Still in induction ORD
N29975 Out of induction 10Feb, one non-revenue employee flight ORDPAEORD 11Feb. Hasn’t flown since... :scratchchin: I’m presuming given this is the only 789 with Polaris/PE installed is the reason.

codc10

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:01 pm

fun2fly wrote:
FSDan wrote:
coolbeans202 wrote:

ORD-LHR x3
ORD-ZRH x1
IAD-GVA x1
IAD-ZRH x1
EWR-LHR x6
EWR-NCE x1
EWR-FRA x1
EWR-GVA x1
EWR-ZRH x1

I'm not sure if all 21 will be available by the summer. The official start of the S20 schedule should have 16 76L frames available, with #17 coming some time in April. After that, the next two should be out of mod in June, but it's unclear whether they will be 76L or 76A (30J/no PE) ships.

cosyr

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:41 pm

codc10 wrote:
fun2fly wrote:
FSDan wrote:

ORD-LHR x3
ORD-ZRH x1
IAD-GVA x1
IAD-ZRH x1
EWR-LHR x6
EWR-NCE x1
EWR-FRA x1
EWR-GVA x1
EWR-ZRH x1

I'm not sure if all 21 will be available by the summer. The official start of the S20 schedule should have 16 76L frames available, with #17 coming some time in April. After that, the next two should be out of mod in June, but it's unclear whether they will be 76L or 76A (30J/no PE) ships.

Maybe they're just planning on them for flexibility to sub for techs on 76L flights, and maybe even other 763's with light loads.

jayunited

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:52 pm

joeljack wrote:
Where are all the China and Hong Kong birds sitting right now? Also, noticed DL did some domestic adds in March and April over springbreak times on their idled China widebodies. Has UA done any of this? It really didn't look like it from the OAG update thread the last 2 weeks.

Seems to me with the max groundings, they could switch some hub to hub smaller planes to these or add additional LAS/ MCO flights to widebodies and then trickle down the additional lift throughout their network for the busy spring break period? Similar to what DL is doing even though DL isn't short aircraft right now like UA is.

Originally UA's plan was to have these aircraft back in the air to China on March 28th. Delta's plan from the beginning when they announced their suspension was always late April. Now that UA has announced the pushback of those flight till late April you may see something more permanent announced.

However in the interim UA has been using 777s, 789s, and 763/4s on quite a few domestic flights, for example UA has scheduled from time to time EWR-HNL (77E), IAD-SJU (77E), EWR-SJU (few days was a mixture of 77W/E), EWR-MCO (764/3), EWR-SFO (extra 77Ws) IAD-LAX(mixture of 77Es, 789s), EWR-LAX (789s), IAH-TPA (763/752), IAH-MCO (763), ORD-LAS (one day was 77A), EWR-PUJ (one day 77E). These flight mentioned above were planned upguages (planned several days out). There have been other last minute (day of departure) upguages like for example ORD-SFO (77E), ORD-LAX (77E). Now that we know our China flights will not resume until late April you may see more schedule widebodies loaded into the domestic schedule especially heading into spring break.

KLASM83

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Runway28L wrote:
It’s for a MX entry. AAR has a facility at YRQ that Republic uses for its Embraer fleet.

That clears it up for me, thanks!!
"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability" -Edgar Allan Poe

Don't you want to hang out and waste your life with us?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:13 am

The fleet changes, fleet status, and repaint status posts at the start of this thread have been updated.

✈️ atcsundevil

calpsafltskeds

Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:13 am

319:
N839UA sked to exit MIA 2730/18Feb in 12F config.

738:
N27213 entered AMA 2752/17Feb for EvoBlu livery

739:
N64844 entered INT 2736/17Feb for ViaSatWiFi
N67845 exited INT 2737/17Feb with ViaASat/WiFi

calpsafltskeds

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:14 am

319:
N816UA sked to exxit SFO 2060/19FEb in 12F configuration

KLMatSJC

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:19 am

What is the hold up on the 739 repaints? Seems like an odd omission considering how many other narrowbodies are already in the new scheme.
A318/19/20/21/21N A332/3 A343/5 A388 B712 B722 B732/3/4/7/8/9/9ER B744/4M B752/3 B762ER/3/3ER/4ER B772/E/L/W B788 CRJ2/7/9 Q400 EMB-120 ERJ-135/140/145/145XR/175 DC-10-10 MD-82/83/88/90

Long Live the Tulip, Cactus, and Redwood

Coalways

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:17 pm

joeljack wrote:

They already have besides the daily 777 from EWR & ORD to MCO. They have added 777 from SFO to MCO and 767-300 from EWR to MCO

intotheair

Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:14 pm

GoJet will add an additional 20 CRJ-550s, bringing the total operated by GoJet to 74 by 2021.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 07783.html
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

FSDan

Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:56 pm

intotheair wrote:
GoJet will add an additional 20 CRJ-550s, bringing the total operated by GoJet to 74 by 2021.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 07783.html

Hopefully replacing more CR2s elsewhere! It would be nice to see a DEN CR5 base opened - plenty of opportunities such as DEN-OKC/TUL/ICT/FSD/FAR/STL/XNA.

ual763

Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:21 am

United announced today they are adding SFO-MKE service! About time!!
From flying to the NOTAM office

LGeneReese

Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:32 am

LGeneReese wrote:
N29977 B1 BOE352 CHSCHS 17Feb

N24976 Still in induction ORD
N29975 Out of induction 10Feb, one non-revenue employee flight ORDPAEORD 11Feb. Hasn’t flown since... :scratchchin: I’m presuming given this is the only 789 with Polaris/PE installed is the reason.

N29977 B2 (or C1?) BOE352 CHSCHS 19Feb

N24976 Ferry UA2755 ORDIAH 19Feb

N29975 Still sitting ORD doing nothing since 11Feb

calpsafltskeds

Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:55 pm

738:
N76529 exited AMA 2702/19Feb in EvoBlu livery

77W:
N2251U first revenue flight 2239/19Feb

789:
N26960 exited VCV 2751/19Feb, can anyone confirm EvoBlu livery???
N26967 enterd VCV paint 2750/19Feb

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos