Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tphuang

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 am

janders wrote:
jayunited wrote:
The only way we all will know which airline made the right decision in Q2 is by patiently waiting for each airlines Q2 report.

I am not sure looking at Q2 numbers would really prove which was better.

If United(or Delta for that matter) indeed had offered a much more aggressive schedule which means many more seats chasing a small number of customers, it could just mean an even more disastrous result, everyone including AA.

Pricing is not the primary driver of travel today, so demand is not elastic as it normally would be in defining the customer market size. Ultimately could just mean be even more seats chasing about the same number of passengers at rather crappy yields.

What United instead has done with its more limited capacity is actually being able to employ some yield management and not sell its seats at rock bottom prices, but instead seek to earn a bit of a premium compared to peers.

I agree. I don't think Q2 results will tell us who made the right decision here. At this point, it seems that UA and DL has burned a lot less cash than AA but has lost out market share. It's hard to say whether or not that's permanent loss of some ff. I've seen some praises of AA online. And part of AA's "success" has been the much quicker demand recovery in Texas, Arizona and Florida. They've been able to advertise a much larger schedule and run 25% schedule for June. So that has obviously helped their cash burn.

Things I think will be different in July/August. All ULCCs have brought a lot of capacity. Same with WN, B6 and AS. And legacies are doubling capacity also. At the same time, COVID infection is accelerating in those 3 states. We could very well see another crash in those markets with a lot of refund in July/August. And then you will have AA canceling last minute and burning cash from both operating more flights and cash refunds. You'd have LCCs flying empty planes to Florida. And Kirby could end up looking like a savant.

LAXintl

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:02 am

Q2 and subsequent quarter numbers are going to be very noisy, so doubt they provide much guidance as to how the operations is really doing.
There will be tons of charges be it fleet writedown, employee severance cost, more rapid depreciation, mark to market charges etc. Since a portion will have real impact on the operating ledger Its going to be quite hard to peel back the onion imo to make apples vs apples comparison.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

FlyHossD

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:21 pm

janders wrote:
...What United instead has done with its more limited capacity is actually being able to employ some yield management and not sell its seats at rock bottom prices, but instead seek to earn a bit of a premium compared to peers.

But what is the cost of losing UA customers to other carriers? Business travelers won't stay grounded for long.
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

LHUSA

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:50 pm

FlyHossD wrote:
janders wrote:
...What United instead has done with its more limited capacity is actually being able to employ some yield management and not sell its seats at rock bottom prices, but instead seek to earn a bit of a premium compared to peers.

But what is the cost of losing UA customers to other carriers? Business travelers won't stay grounded for long.

Many companies are banning travel for the remainder of the year - especially International travel. Domestic travel is limited to absolutely essential travel only and most are still requiring multi-level approvals before travel is permitted (many times up to the COO/CFO level). Most of those that are flying right now are one-off leisure trips. A few flights on a different carrier is not going to to influence most loyal travelers to permanently jump ship. And those that truly care about loyalty/mileage accrual can still get on board a UA flight to most places.

FlyHossD

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:14 pm

LHUSA wrote:
FlyHossD wrote:
janders wrote:

Many companies are banning travel for the remainder of the year - especially International travel. Domestic travel is limited to absolutely essential travel only and most are still requiring multi-level approvals before travel is permitted (many times up to the COO/CFO level). Most of those that are flying right now are one-off leisure trips. A few flights on a different carrier is not going to to influence most loyal travelers to permanently jump ship. And those that truly care about loyalty/mileage accrual can still get on board a UA flight to most places.

Once the other carriers have the passengers onboard AND have their information, it will be easier to recruit those passengers (status match, etc.).
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

ordbosewr

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:01 am

FlyHossD wrote:
janders wrote:

For airlines I hope you are correct, but from my company nothing big is changing anytime soon. I have stated this previously, but for business travel to begin companies need to be back in the office and wanting to have 3rd parties in their offices.

My company is on a multi-stage office opening, we are on stage 1, having 3rd parties are on an exceptional basis until stage 3, which they hope to happen in the fall. None of that sounds very hopeful for business travel.
I think there is always a subset of business travel that will happen, but really we need to get 90% back in the air not the 20%.

tphuang

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:22 am

Looks like we are not going to be far away from stay at home orders gettting enacted in Texas and possibly other states. At this point, I would say UA's conservative planning may come out looking the best in July.

LAXintl

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:51 am

FlyHossD wrote:

FlyHossD wrote:
Once the other carriers have the passengers onboard AND have their information, it will be easier to recruit those passengers (status match, etc.).

I would not worry about it much. More important worry is the daily cash bleed. A billion a month is not sustainable, so that needs to be the focus imo.

Also bulk of people flying today are bottom yield, leisure travelers. There is hardly any corporate travel to speak of today.

And when corp travel does return, the industry will play musical chairs anyhow as airlines emerge smaller and network changes will drive customers to shift naturally based on their own travel needs.

And UA is actively seeking feedback from corp customers to anticipate their future route needs and time frames for returning to the skies.
https://skift.com/2020/06/23/how-united ... ld-routes/

LAXdude1023

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:53 am

tphuang wrote:
Looks like we are not going to be far away from stay at home orders gettting enacted in Texas and possibly other states. At this point, I would say UA's conservative planning may come out looking the best in July.

The odds of a stay at home order aren’t high, though masks will probably be mandatory.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

LAXintl

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 pm

United ups its MileagePlus debt offering. Lets see what it closes at next week.

nited Airlines, Inc. ("United") announced the pricing and upsize of the previously announced private offering by Mileage Plus Holdings, LLC, a direct wholly-owned subsidiary of United that operates the MileagePlus program ("MPH"), and Mileage Plus Intellectual Property Assets, Ltd., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of MPH ("MIPA" and, together with MPH, the "MileagePlus Subsidiaries"). An aggregate of $3.8 billion in principal amount of 6.50% senior secured notes due 2027 (the "Notes") is expected to be issued on July 2, 2020, subject to customary closing conditions. Concurrently with the issuance of the Notes, United expects the MileagePlus Subsidiaries to enter into a credit agreement providing for a term loan facility ("Term Loan Facility") for an aggregate of $3.0 billion, also subject to customary closing conditions. The Notes and the Term Loan Facility, in a total aggregate amount of $6.8 billion, replace the previously announced committed term loan facility.

https://hub.united.com/2020-06-23-unite ... 42190.html

sldispatcher

Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:25 am

Easy way for United to own market share dominance.....bring back ice onboard.

LAXintl

Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:02 pm

SFO-PVG resumes July 8.

WeSa
UA857 SFO-PVG 1100-1745+1

ThSu
UA858 PVG-SFO 2140-2055

https://hub.united.com/2020-06-26-unite ... 70881.html

jayunited

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:03 pm

LAXintl wrote:
SFO-PVG resumes July 8.

WeSa
UA857 SFO-PVG 1100-1745+1

ThSu
UA858 PVG-SFO 2140-2055

https://hub.united.com/2020-06-26-unite ... 70881.html

The rumors turn out to be true SFO-PVG will stop at ICN for crew change. I didn't put much stock in those rumors when they first surfaced. I thought the crew change would take place at NRT like we are already doing for our cargo flights, but there are times when rumors turn out to be true. Passenger service flights will change crews at ICN while cargo only flights will continue to change crews at NRT.

amtravels

Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:14 am

I’m interested to hear some of yall’s thoughts around United effectively ending social distancing policies and allowing planes to fly full just a few weeks after outrage over full planes in the news. I’m split... perhaps it is necessary from a business standpoint but it is not good for viral spread.

LHUSA

Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:28 am

amtravels wrote:
I’m interested to hear some of yall’s thoughts around United effectively ending social distancing policies and allowing planes to fly full just a few weeks after outrage over full planes in the news. I’m split... perhaps it is necessary from a business standpoint but it is not good for viral spread.

Leaving the middle seat open is just optics anyway. If you’re willing to fly, you’re ok with the risks. United already left it up to customer choice and fewer than 3% of passengers on a 70%+ LF flight opted to change/cancel even when notified 24 hours in advance.

airlineaddict

Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:33 am

jayunited wrote:
The rumors turn out to be true SFO-PVG will stop at ICN for crew change. I didn't put much stock in those rumors when they first surfaced. I thought the crew change would take place at NRT like we are already doing for our cargo flights, but there are times when rumors turn out to be true. Passenger service flights will change crews at ICN while cargo only flights will continue to change crews at NRT.

Any background as to why ICN was chosen (e.g., previous rights with ability to sell tags, landing fee costs, etc)?

factsonly

Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:34 am

Interesting one off flight by B77W N214U.

- 25 Jun 2020 SFO - HOP UA2585 B77W N214U
- 25 Jun 2020 HOP - NUE UA2576 B77W N214U
- 27 Jun 2020 NUE - GRK UA2577 B77W N214U
- 27 Jun 2020 GRK - SFO UA2588 B77W N214U

Trump calling this troops home??

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n2140u

jayunited

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:05 pm

amtravels wrote:

There isn't a single airline flying today observing true "Social Distancing" onboard because social distancing requires 6 feet between people not 17-18 inches the width of a coach seat. Secondly most passengers who are on flights 70% full stick with their original reservation instead of opting to change their flight. The reason the video you are referring to went viral was based totally on shock and fear but as we become more knowledgeable we also become less fearful. The Coronavirus is real, the pandemic is real but the shock value and the fear that was associated with COVID early on has subsided a bit. This is why you are not seeing the outrage now that we saw on Mother's Day weekend when that viral video was taken even though airlines like UA are in the headlines. People now understand Coronavirus isn't going away, this virus is going to be with us for some time to come and we have to learn how to live with this virus for the time being. Even if there is a vaccine available by the end of 2020, it will still be months before the majority of the population is vaccinated, and no one is even talking about how a vaccine would even be rolled out to the general public. Do yo really believe airlines that are blocking middle seats will continue to block those seats until a majority (60% or more) of the population is vaccinated? If an airline is not willing to commit to blocking middle seats until a majority of the population is vaccinated, then blocking middle seats is nothing more than a PR stunt that will probably fade away for good in the fall.

United has to continue to focus on health and safety we are cleaning and disinfecting our airport locations multiple times a day. United is using approved medical grade cleaners and disinfectants cleaning every surface by hand onboard our aircraft. Afterward we following it up by using an electrostatic sprayer just to make sure every surface is disinfected. This deep cleaning and spraying done on every UA and UAX aircraft before every single flight. Together with providing hand sanitizer, requiring masks or face coverings and the use of hospital grade HEPA filters that clean the cabin air this is how UA is keeping passengers safe. Also from internal documentation UA is in talks with Boeing, Airbus and the FAA to see about the use of UV lights in lavatories. If approved each lav would then be disinfected by UV light after each use. No timetable has been given as to when a decision will be made and of course before any UV lights can be installed onboard an aircraft rigorous testing would need to be performed for safety reasons and the FAA would need to sign off on it. But make no mistake UA takes COVID-19 seriously and we are doing everything to protect employees and passengers from this virus.

gwrudolph

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 pm

jayunited wrote:
amtravels wrote:

There isn't a single airline flying today observing true "Social Distancing" onboard because social distancing requires 6 feet between people not 17-18 inches the width of a coach seat. Secondly most passengers who are on flights 70% full stick with their original reservation instead of opting to change their flight. The reason the video you are referring to went viral was based totally on shock and fear but as we become more knowledgeable we also become less fearful. The Coronavirus is real, the pandemic is real but the shock value and the fear that was associated with COVID early on has subsided a bit. This is why you are not seeing the outrage now that we saw on Mother's Day weekend when that viral video was taken even though airlines like UA are in the headlines. People now understand Coronavirus isn't going away, this virus is going to be with us for some time to come and we have to learn how to live with this virus for the time being. Even if there is a vaccine available by the end of 2020, it will still be months before the majority of the population is vaccinated, and no one is even talking about how a vaccine would even be rolled out to the general public. Do yo really believe airlines that are blocking middle seats will continue to block those seats until a majority (60% or more) of the population is vaccinated? If an airline is not willing to commit to blocking middle seats until a majority of the population is vaccinated, then blocking middle seats is nothing more than a PR stunt that will probably fade away for good in the fall.

United has to continue to focus on health and safety we are cleaning and disinfecting our airport locations multiple times a day. United is using approved medical grade cleaners and disinfectants cleaning every surface by hand onboard our aircraft. Afterward we following it up by using an electrostatic sprayer just to make sure every surface is disinfected. This deep cleaning and spraying done on every UA and UAX aircraft before every single flight. Together with providing hand sanitizer, requiring masks or face coverings and the use of hospital grade HEPA filters that clean the cabin air this is how UA is keeping passengers safe. Also from internal documentation UA is in talks with Boeing, Airbus and the FAA to see about the use of UV lights in lavatories. If approved each lav would then be disinfected by UV light after each use. No timetable has been given as to when a decision will be made and of course before any UV lights can be installed onboard an aircraft rigorous testing would need to be performed for safety reasons and the FAA would need to sign off on it. But make no mistake UA takes COVID-19 seriously and we are doing everything to protect employees and passengers from this virus.

I don’t know . . . Delta and Southwest are keeping their seating policies in place until at least Oct 1. Perhaps they thought it was the right thing to do given that the taxpayer is subsidizing the payroll until that date.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:20 pm

factsonly wrote:

I don't know that they're necessarily coming home. There was a UA 77W a couple of weeks ago headed over from POB.

CriticalPoint

Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
jayunited wrote:
amtravels wrote:

I don’t know . . . Delta and Southwest are keeping their seating policies in place until at least Oct 1. Perhaps they thought it was the right thing to do given that the taxpayer is subsidizing the payroll until that date.

Maybe you can explain why I was on a 100% full flight a couple days ago with no Non revs cleared. United gives the passenger a choice to go to another less full flight for free and apparently no one took it. If no one cares then why do it?

alpine1989

Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:26 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
factsonly wrote:

I don't know that they're necessarily coming home. There was a UA 77W a couple of weeks ago headed over from POB.

Regular troop rotations. United is a regular DOD charter operator.

theasianguy

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:25 pm

airlineaddict wrote:
jayunited wrote:

Any background as to why ICN was chosen (e.g., previous rights with ability to sell tags, landing fee costs, etc)?

Here's why I think UA ended up choosing ICN. NRT has a nighttime curfew from 00:30-5:00. United must ensure that crew do not overnight at PVG, so the return PVG-SFO flight must depart the same evening. It can't remain overnight until its usual departure time at 12 noon the next day. Given UA 858's departure time at 21:40, it would arrive at NRT at 1:40, which is past curfew. ICN does not have a night curfew, so a midnight crew stop is possible.

UA is selling SFO-PVG through with no option for tags. Given how few US-China flights there are currently, I wouldn't be surprised if it were already sold out through the end of summer.

panamair

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:10 pm

LHUSA wrote:
amtravels wrote:
Leaving the middle seat open is just optics anyway. If you’re willing to fly, you’re ok with the risks..

Sorry but I don’t agree. Every single one of these measures by itself is not a 100% solution to avoid catching the virus; however, they all help towards reducing the risk of infection and/or risk of getting a heavy viral load in case infection happens. It’s simply common sense that if there is an infected pax close by, you are less likely to get infected or get a bigger viral load if the person is one seat away from you versus being right next to you...

I personally have been buying tickets on Delta and JetBlue instead of AA or UA because I am pretty much guaranteed an empty seat next to me...

Nicknuzzii

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:14 pm

panamair wrote:
LHUSA wrote:
amtravels wrote:
Leaving the middle seat open is just optics anyway. If you’re willing to fly, you’re ok with the risks..

Sorry but I don’t agree. Every single one of these measures by itself is not a 100% solution to avoid catching the virus; however, they all help towards reducing the risk of infection and/or risk of getting a heavy viral load in case infection happens. It’s simply common sense that if there is an infected pax close by, you are less likely to get infected or get a bigger viral load if the person is one seat away from you versus being right next to you...

I personally have been buying tickets on Delta and JetBlue instead of AA or UA because I am pretty much guaranteed an empty seat next to me...

Sorry but that 18 inches isn’t going to do anything. It’s science.

tphuang

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:21 pm

JMO on this. blocking middle seat doesn't solve a lot of problems, but it will make things safer. Wear a mask + seat in front of you and behind you means you most likely can't infect the guys in front or behind you through droplet. So then, it's about the people to the left and right. If you are in the middle and turn left or right, there really isn't anything aside from mask keeping your droplet from reaching the people on my side. And If I'm looking forward, there will still be droplet going to the side, although weaker. With middle seat blocked and mask on, that should reduce the amount of viral droplet that can reach the person 1 seat away. Or at least reduces the persistent viral droplet reaching someone more than 1 seat away.

Also it isn't just 18 inch. It's from middle of window seat to middle of aisle seat. So about 2 seat width + 2 hand rails -> probably 40 inches vs 1 seat width + 1 handrail -> 20 inches otherwise.

I will take my chances that not enough of viral droplet coming out of side of nose can reach 3 and half feet away vs under 2 feet away.

sldispatcher

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:02 am

I'm guessing the August schedule update gets released tonight ? (Saturday)

ericm2031

Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:01 am

sldispatcher wrote:
I'm guessing the August schedule update gets released tonight ? (Saturday)

UA usually releases schedules Saturday mornings, so I would guess next Saturday at this point, but sometimes they break off of that pattern

UAinAUS

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:20 am

UAX Update:

E175SC:
N606UX now flying Skywest
N612UX now flying Skywest

E170:
N641RW returned to flying
N645RW returned to flying
N858RW returned to flying

E145:
N14542 exited Fleet, stored at IGM
N12564 exited Fleet, stored at IGM
N15572 exited Fleet, stored at IGM
N14573 exited Fleet, stored at IGM

CR550:
Correction: N504GJ is flying, N506GJ is parked at STL

gwrudolph

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:37 pm

CriticalPoint wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:
jayunited wrote:

Maybe you can explain why I was on a 100% full flight a couple days ago with no Non revs cleared. United gives the passenger a choice to go to another less full flight for free and apparently no one took it. If no one cares then why do it?

Maybe because it is inconvenient, especially when there are few flights a day. Again, not sure how DL and WN can swing it, but United can’t

CriticalPoint

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:47 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:

Maybe because it is inconvenient, especially when there are few flights a day. Again, not sure how DL and WN can swing it, but United can’t

Ah I see.....so we scream social distancing and how dare they don’t until it becomes inconvienent? Welcome the massive hypocrisy of the human race.

gwrudolph

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:55 pm

CriticalPoint wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:

Ah I see.....so we scream social distancing and how dare they don’t until it becomes inconvienent? Welcome the massive hypocrisy of the human race.

Not really. One can get the best of both worlds by flying WN or DL. Poor choice on United’s side IMO.

kordcj

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:23 pm

gwrudolph wrote:
CriticalPoint wrote:
gwrudolph wrote:

Not really. One can get the best of both worlds by flying WN or DL. Poor choice on United’s side IMO.

From what I understand UA opted to allow passengers to choose to opt out a flight where the middle seat could be occupied instead of not selling middle seats. That way those who care about their health risks still had a choice. It makes sense, if all the airlines choose to block middle seats, who’s the first mover to bring them back? Imagine the headline: United bringing back dreaded middle seat. Keeping it as an option already avoids the negative press. Besides selling a plane at 66% capacity isn’t profitable unless the window and aisle seats are splitting the cost of the empty middle seat, which most likely isn’t the case for any carrier.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

jagraham

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:28 pm

theasianguy wrote:
airlineaddict wrote:
jayunited wrote:

Here's why I think UA ended up choosing ICN. NRT has a nighttime curfew from 00:30-5:00. United must ensure that crew do not overnight at PVG, so the return PVG-SFO flight must depart the same evening. It can't remain overnight until its usual departure time at 12 noon the next day. Given UA 858's departure time at 21:40, it would arrive at NRT at 1:40, which is past curfew. ICN does not have a night curfew, so a midnight crew stop is possible.

UA is selling SFO-PVG through with no option for tags. Given how few US-China flights there are currently, I wouldn't be surprised if it were already sold out through the end of summer.

Forgot about the NRT curfew. Good point.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:36 am

The fleet changes, fleet status, and repaint status posts at the start of this thread have been updated.

There is also a post dedicated to keeping track of stored mainline aircraft.

✈️ atcsundevil

UAL777UK

Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:32 am

Just reading some of the comments here about onboard social distancing. If you really think having a middle seat free between you on a flight makes it oh so much safer, then i really don't understand where you have been for the last few month, but it clearly wasn't listening to any of the science.

Back to the thread...…..

panamair

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:25 pm

UAL777UK wrote:
Just reading some of the comments here about onboard social distancing. If you really think having a middle seat free between you on a flight makes it oh so much safer, then i really don't understand where you have been for the last few month, but it clearly wasn't listening to any of the science.

Back to the thread...…..

It's not just specifically about an empty middle seat or specifically about wearing masks, or about HEPA filters etc. It's all those things taken together that help reduce risk. One other material benefit about keeping middle seats open is that you're by default limiting the number of passengers on board - and that is definitely a huge risk mitigation - you can't tell me that the probability of catching the virus is not significantly reduced with 60 people in the same metal tube versus 100.

codc10

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:38 pm

panamair wrote:
UAL777UK wrote:

Back to the thread...…..

It's not just specifically about an empty middle seat or specifically about wearing masks, or about HEPA filters etc. It's all those things taken together that help reduce risk. One other material benefit about keeping middle seats open is that you're by default limiting the number of passengers on board - and that is definitely a huge risk mitigation - you can't tell me that the probability of catching the virus is not significantly reduced with 60 people in the same metal tube versus 100.

But is it reduced by 40%? I don't think it's necessarily a linear relationship. Of course, the greatest risk mitigation of all is not traveling, so we all must decide where we fall on that spectrum.

redrooster3

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:32 pm

Got a interesting group 2 ferry out of GYR scheduled for today...N37513 a 737MAX9 scheduled GYR-MCO as UA2708. Lets hope she makes it!!
Marry one of us, and you'll fly for free!

gwrudolph

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:27 pm

codc10 wrote:
panamair wrote:
UAL777UK wrote:

Back to the thread...…..

But is it reduced by 40%? I don't think it's necessarily a linear relationship. Of course, the greatest risk mitigation of all is not traveling, so we all must decide where we fall on that spectrum.

I will fall on the DL/WN part of the spectrum for now. If it’s the same price as UA/AA and arguably UA has the lightest schedule at the moment, I might as well.

jayunited

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:39 pm

UA881 ORD-HND service finally takes off next Monday July 6th. For now UA will utilize a 789 on the route.

For years UA881 was ORD-NRT.

Also today Monday June 29 UA is ferrying a MAX9 from GYR to MCO. Tail number N37513 (nose number 7513) is scheduled to ferry as UA2708 GYR-MCO. Not sure what the reasoning is behind this ferry.

audidudi

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:51 pm

redrooster3 wrote:
Got a interesting group 2 ferry out of GYR scheduled for today...N37513 a 737MAX9 scheduled GYR-MCO as UA2708. Lets hope she makes it!!

Any idea why she's flying to MCO today, the same day as the MAX Recertification flights begin?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n37513

https://simpleflying.com/the-boeing-737 ... on-flight/

LAXintl

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:20 pm

jayunited wrote:
UA881 ORD-HND service finally takes off next Monday July 6th. For now UA will utilize a 789 on the route.

For years UA881 was ORD-NRT.

Not sure what the point is. U.S. citizens still barred from entry into Japan.

https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html

Sure carry some cargo, but certainly not sustainable based on human customer demand.

redrooster3

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:01 pm

audidudi wrote:
redrooster3 wrote:

Any idea why she's flying to MCO today, the same day as the MAX Recertification flights begin?

MCO has a maintenance base there so probably for maintenance of some sort. Hope caltech can answer that
Marry one of us, and you'll fly for free!

deltaSEAalsaka

Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 am

audidudi wrote:
redrooster3 wrote:

I'd assume it is maintenance related given the maintenance base at MCO. I know AA has moved a few of their MAXs to TUL over the past week or so.
There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions.

LGeneReese

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:59 am

redrooster3 wrote:
audidudi wrote:
redrooster3 wrote:

MCO has a maintenance base there so probably for maintenance of some sort. Hope caltech can answer that

Logically This will be the initial test aircraft for the MCAS hardware and software updates...

calpsafltskeds

Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 am

Based on the luck of the MAX, picking an aircraft ending in 13?

LGeneReese

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:03 am

calpsafltskeds wrote:
Based on the luck of the MAX, picking an aircraft ending in 13?

Definitely cannot disagree with you on that point. :white:

Ishrion

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:10 am

In August, United plans to resume more long-haul routes:

- Chicago to Brussels and Frankfurt
- Houston to Lima
- Newark to Brussels, Munich, São Paulo, and Zurich
- San Francisco to London and Papeete

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-ai ... -schedule/

Nicknuzzii

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:25 am

Ishrion wrote:
In August, United plans to resume more long-haul routes:

- Chicago to Brussels and Frankfurt
- Houston to Lima
- Newark to Brussels, Munich, São Paulo, and Zurich
- San Francisco to London and Papeete

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united-ai ... -schedule/

It’s also interesting they will bring EWR to more than 230 flights. This seems like a reaction to all the LCC expansion there.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos