This is unprecedented. Worse than 9/11.
With nearly every industry decimated with no end in sight, I don't see how the government can throw more money at the airlines.
Yes, it's an election year, however the 99% of people who aren't in aviation are generally VERY put off by corporate bailouts, and for the most part have a very negative view of airlines in the first place. Go read comments on news articles, social media, etc regarding the airline portion of the CARES act and payroll protection grants. Nearly all of them are opposed. Would you really want to bailout the industry again a month before the election to appease 1% and alienate the other 99%?
It's not 1%, it is over 7.5 %, and those are high paying jobs with a lot of mortgages, car payments........
Agree that bailouts are not the way to go, the government is printing money it doesn't have.......
" 2016, the total U.S. economy generated $18.6 trillion
in value-added economic activity and supported 144.3
. At the same time, civil aviation directly or
• $1.8 trillion in total economic activity,
• 10.9 million jobs, and
• contributed 5.2 percent of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP). "