Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jayunited
Posts: 3028
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:22 am

Galore wrote:
jayunited wrote:
DLHAM wrote:

Thats way longer ago, they purchased the Heathrow operations from Pan Am in 1991. This included intra-europe flying with 727s to those places mentioned. These operations lasted until 1994 or 1995.
And regarding TATL Summer 2021 I think its just interesting to see what changes. And considering that American and Delta both announced their S21 TATL changes some people may wait for news from United now.



No it wasn't that long ago that UA did intra-Europe. UA resurrected intra-Europe for a singular winter season, I think it was at some point during bankruptcy or right after to preserve our LHR slots. WE operated a handful of intra-European flights using 772s. I don't remember the exact year but I remember UA flying operating for example ORD-LHR-BRU (overnighting the aircraft at BRU or AMS for example) then the next day BRU-LHR-ORD. UA did run this type of operation at some point for a single entire winter season. I just don't remember the exact year but it was at some point between 2002-2010.


How did they compete inter Europe? Where $30 round trip fares are typical.


United didn't care about the intra-Europe flights or competition. But because of the 80/20 rule and because LHR slots were so valuable, the only way UA could hold on to the slot we had was to resurrect Intra-Europe flights. The 80/20 rule doesn't care how the slot is used as long a the airline utilizes the slot 80% of the time. With UA still holding intra-Europe route authorities it was basically a no brainier to fly intra-Europe even at a lost, especially if it meant saving the more lucrative LHR slot.
 
andrew1996
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:41 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:04 am

jayunited wrote:
andrew1996 wrote:
Looks like Singapore got dropped again. Any idea when Singapore is coming back? It was a lucrative route pre pandemic


For UA (I can't speak for any other airline) Singapore was probably 75% to 85% all business traffic. It was not uncommon to see multiple GS and 1K passengers seated in regular coach on a daily basis because E+ and business class were completely full.

You are correct SFO-SIN was a lucrative route but with demand from business travelers still virtually nonexistent, and with airport authorities in HKG still requiring a highly invasive COVID test for all arrivals including crew members, I don't think SIN will return either as a a nonstop (SFO-SIN) or as a one stop (SFO-HKG-SIN) any time soon. If I were to place a wager I would say not to expect passenger service on UA to resume until March 2021 at the earliest and even then I don't see UA operating a nonstop, I think it will be a one stop.


That makes sense since it was likley driven by biz traffic since Singapore doesnt really have a large dispora to support flights and some American/Canadian expats residing in Singapore that may take this flight for non buisness reasons. I thought it was interesting that SQ kept LAX but not SFO during COVID-19 even though pre-COVID-19, SFO was a larger station for them than LAX (but SQ does have a cargo hub at LAX).

But SIN was one of the last cities (or Asian city) to be cut in March during the pandemic, I remember ICN/HKG was cut before SIN and SIN only intially lost UA28/29 but kept UA1/2 at daily until the very end in March so I thought SIN had something going for them since it was cut so late and was intially one of the first routes to have resumed service (until HKG prevented SIN from happening). I wonder why UA wont try NRT-SIN instead, especially since SIngapore and Japan are forming a green lane for business travel.

Do you think they will continue to serve SIN via GUM as cargo instead? SIN seems to be a pretty resilent route in the UA route network cosnidering they have been double daily since the 1990s and survived the Great Recession (albeit with a cut in capacity to a 737 for the HKG-SIN sector before moving it to a 772 again)
 
sldispatcher
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:21 am

Ok. So which is worse with the October release? No service restoration or your ERJbhas been displaced by the CRJ200?

I’d take the latter as the worst. Thanks for the plane hate United.
 
EssentialPowr
Posts: 1732
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2000 10:30 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:38 am

sldispatcher wrote:
Thanks for the plane hate United.


What purpose does that comment serve? Shockingly, United operates without consulting forums as users often aren’t actual customers nor have the status they claim. Just fly another airline?
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8468
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:15 am

sldispatcher wrote:
Ok. So which is worse with the October release? No service restoration or your ERJbhas been displaced by the CRJ200?

I’d take the latter as the worst. Thanks for the plane hate United.


So you would rather have no service at all rather than a CRJ200? That seems exceptionally short sighted, but you're welcome to drive, which is presumably what you'd be doing with no service. Unfortunately United, or indeed any airline, can't please everyone, everytime.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
tphuang
Posts: 5463
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:51 pm

People should not be surprised that SIN is not coming back for a while. There are some pretty stringent policies put in place in Singapore with regard to inbound/outbound travel. Especially if you are a foreigner working in the country. People can't even go to places like Thailand and Bali let alone transcon travel. It will probably be sometimes next year until these travel restrictions get loosened. And after that, I see corporate demand down for a few years in the US to Singapore market.
 
andrew1996
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:41 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:29 pm

tphuang wrote:
People should not be surprised that SIN is not coming back for a while. There are some pretty stringent policies put in place in Singapore with regard to inbound/outbound travel. Especially if you are a foreigner working in the country. People can't even go to places like Thailand and Bali let alone transcon travel. It will probably be sometimes next year until these travel restrictions get loosened. And after that, I see corporate demand down for a few years in the US to Singapore market.


It is a route that has cargo so the cabin doesn’t need to be filled up that much but it seems unlikely a green lane etc will open with USA anytime soon (maybe Canada? But Canadians have other options to get to SIN). Why do you think corporate demand will be down though after this is over? It seems like buisness cant wait to start travels again. That said I am not sure what UA’s Singapore corporate travel pprofile is like — is it mainly tech companies or like finance transiting from EWR/ORD etc. SQ will relaunch EWR next March so that’s their projection. Ithink SFO will relaunch next March too but SQ already has LAX
 
Pinto
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:45 am

jayunited wrote:
Galore wrote:
jayunited wrote:


No it wasn't that long ago that UA did intra-Europe. UA resurrected intra-Europe for a singular winter season, I think it was at some point during bankruptcy or right after to preserve our LHR slots. WE operated a handful of intra-European flights using 772s. I don't remember the exact year but I remember UA flying operating for example ORD-LHR-BRU (overnighting the aircraft at BRU or AMS for example) then the next day BRU-LHR-ORD. UA did run this type of operation at some point for a single entire winter season. I just don't remember the exact year but it was at some point between 2002-2010.


How did they compete inter Europe? Where $30 round trip fares are typical.


United didn't care about the intra-Europe flights or competition. But because of the 80/20 rule and because LHR slots were so valuable, the only way UA could hold on to the slot we had was to resurrect Intra-Europe flights. The 80/20 rule doesn't care how the slot is used as long a the airline utilizes the slot 80% of the time. With UA still holding intra-Europe route authorities it was basically a no brainier to fly intra-Europe even at a lost, especially if it meant saving the more lucrative LHR slot.



So UA still holds 5th freedom authority out of LHR?
 
sldispatcher
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:55 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
sldispatcher wrote:
Ok. So which is worse with the October release? No service restoration or your ERJbhas been displaced by the CRJ200?

I’d take the latter as the worst. Thanks for the plane hate United.


So you would rather have no service at all rather than a CRJ200? That seems exceptionally short sighted, but you're welcome to drive, which is presumably what you'd be doing with no service. Unfortunately United, or indeed any airline, can't please everyone, everytime.



No, never said no service. A poor choice of wording on my part, but I should have said "frequency" restoration or "route" restoration as many stations are affected by either lower frequency or loss of a route to a hub (like we are).
 
United1
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:21 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 am

Pinto wrote:
jayunited wrote:
Galore wrote:

How did they compete inter Europe? Where $30 round trip fares are typical.


United didn't care about the intra-Europe flights or competition. But because of the 80/20 rule and because LHR slots were so valuable, the only way UA could hold on to the slot we had was to resurrect Intra-Europe flights. The 80/20 rule doesn't care how the slot is used as long a the airline utilizes the slot 80% of the time. With UA still holding intra-Europe route authorities it was basically a no brainier to fly intra-Europe even at a lost, especially if it meant saving the more lucrative LHR slot.



So UA still holds 5th freedom authority out of LHR?


The US and the UK/EU have an open skies agreement that gives all parties 5th freedom. All that is required is slots and government approval...which is more of a formality than anything else.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!
 
GmoneyCO
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:22 pm

7M9:
N37507 - Arrived in MCO on 5-Sept/2706 for MAX program upgrades
N37508 - Back in GYR after MAX program upgrades were completed
N27509 - Currently in MCO for MAX program upgrades

739:
N61881 - Confirmed that this aircraft just has Thales KA wifi, it has not received the ViaSat upgrade yet.  Currently listed as a potential upgrade on the fleet site
 
dcajet
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:20 pm

Change of gauge on the IAH-EZE route, scheduled to return Oct 1st: goes from the 77E to the 789, with a slight reduction of seats (around 15-20 less per flight). Until Oct 18th the route will be flown once a week, then 3x w from Oct 19th.
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3028
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:02 am

N16008 is still grounded it is one of the 787s Boeing grounded last month for inspection and repairs.

N16008 hasn't flown since August 24th it is on the ground at EWR but I have no idea if the inspection and repair work has begun.

Thankfully UA only has one 787 impacted by this grounding.
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3234
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:40 pm

Listening to the Airplane Geeks podcast the issue was discussed. It's a rear barrel join issue that uses predictive shims and 8 787s had the issue. The barrel join also should be smooth inside. The repair is estimated in the below article to be a 14 day job - N16008 has been in EWR for 14 days as of today.
This article goes into detail. https://theaircurrent.com/aviation-safe ... ral-issue/
 
Max Q
Posts: 8559
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:18 pm

jayunited wrote:
N16008 is still grounded it is one of the 787s Boeing grounded last month for inspection and repairs.

N16008 hasn't flown since August 24th it is on the ground at EWR but I have no idea if the inspection and repair work has begun.

Thankfully UA only has one 787 impacted by this grounding.



I hope it stays that way, I just read an article stating that hundreds of 787’s could be affected
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
Pi7472000
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:52 pm

Used to love flying the intra European routes as a a passenger from LHR in the early to mid 1990s. Think they did Paris to Athens too. Was always a great crew. They told me they stayed over at St. James Court. Was a great era to fly United.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3028
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:28 pm

Max Q wrote:
jayunited wrote:
N16008 is still grounded it is one of the 787s Boeing grounded last month for inspection and repairs.

N16008 hasn't flown since August 24th it is on the ground at EWR but I have no idea if the inspection and repair work has begun.

Thankfully UA only has one 787 impacted by this grounding.



I hope it stays that way, I just read an article stating that hundreds of 787’s could be affected


I don't want to drag this thread off course, but I do know the article you are speaking of and the article which was written several weeks ago did state Boeing is in the process of analyzing the data on all 977 Dreamliners in service to see if additional action is required. What the article does not state is when this data analysis began and how many 787s have already passed their data inspection and have been given the all clear. No where does the article in the Seattle Times speculate that this problem could effect hundreds of 787s or that hundreds of 787s could potentially be grounded.

Now if that is the article you are referring to in your post then you are misrepresenting what was written. Let's not dabble in speculation lets deal with what we know. And what we know is the data analysis (not sure when it started) has shown so far only 8 frames in need repairs. It has been nearly two weeks since this story broke with no new updates or new numbers. Instead of speculating let's just wait for the facts.

I don't want to go too deep on this topic on this thread because the last thing I want to do is drag this thread off course. My purpose was to simply provide an update for N16008 the only UA grounded 787, and to see if anyone knew whether or not repairs had begun especially since it has been about two weeks since that frame last took to the skies.
 
Max Q
Posts: 8559
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:27 am

jayunited wrote:
Max Q wrote:
jayunited wrote:
N16008 is still grounded it is one of the 787s Boeing grounded last month for inspection and repairs.

N16008 hasn't flown since August 24th it is on the ground at EWR but I have no idea if the inspection and repair work has begun.

Thankfully UA only has one 787 impacted by this grounding.



I hope it stays that way, I just read an article stating that hundreds of 787’s could be affected


I don't want to drag this thread off course, but I do know the article you are speaking of and the article which was written several weeks ago did state Boeing is in the process of analyzing the data on all 977 Dreamliners in service to see if additional action is required. What the article does not state is when this data analysis began and how many 787s have already passed their data inspection and have been given the all clear. No where does the article in the Seattle Times speculate that this problem could effect hundreds of 787s or that hundreds of 787s could potentially be grounded.

Now if that is the article you are referring to in your post then you are misrepresenting what was written. Let's not dabble in speculation lets deal with what we know. And what we know is the data analysis (not sure when it started) has shown so far only 8 frames in need repairs. It has been nearly two weeks since this story broke with no new updates or new numbers. Instead of speculating let's just wait for the facts.

I don't want to go too deep on this topic on this thread because the last thing I want to do is drag this thread off course. My purpose was to simply provide an update for N16008 the only UA grounded 787, and to see if anyone knew whether or not repairs had begun especially since it has been about two weeks since that frame last took to the skies.



Not misrepresenting anything, if you re-read my post you’ll see I stated the article said additional airframes ‘could’ be affected, if indeed it’s the same story


Actually it’s a misrepresentation to imply at this point that only a few airframes are affected, it looks like Boeing is still investigating that so that’s still an unknown


I sincerely hope that’s the case but there’s nothing wrong with speculating on all these possibilities


That is what we do here..
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
UAL777UK
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:16 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:40 am

jayunited wrote:
DLHAM wrote:
jayunited wrote:
You may be on to something here, I don't exactly remember when but I vaguely remember at some point between 2002-2010 for most of the winter season UA operated intra-Europe routes from LHR to sever airports you mentioned. At the time UA gave some b.s. excuse about moving mail but now that you mentioned it UA was clearly flying these routes to protect their slots because there were almost no passengers on any of UA's intra-Europe flights.


Thats way longer ago, they purchased the Heathrow operations from Pan Am in 1991. This included intra-europe flying with 727s to those places mentioned. These operations lasted until 1994 or 1995.
And regarding TATL Summer 2021 I think its just interesting to see what changes. And considering that American and Delta both announced their S21 TATL changes some people may wait for news from United now.



No it wasn't that long ago that UA did intra-Europe. UA resurrected intra-Europe for a singular winter season, I think it was at some point during bankruptcy or right after to preserve our LHR slots. WE operated a handful of intra-European flights using 772s. I don't remember the exact year but I remember UA flying operating for example ORD-LHR-BRU (overnighting the aircraft at BRU or AMS for example) then the next day BRU-LHR-ORD. UA did run this type of operation at some point for a single entire winter season. I just don't remember the exact year but it was at some point between 2002-2010.


UA did do daily turns from LHR to AMS and BRU to preserve slots, leaving early morning and back in the late morning / afternoon. I am pretty sure no flight RON, unless it was tech. Loved those flights, 20 or so people on a 777. Now that was a swift take off!
All the other intra-europe flights to Germany got handed to LH I believe, maybe part of the start of the Star Alliance but i stand to be corrected there.
 
Jose747
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 20Hey Jay20

Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:21 am

jayunited wrote:
Max Q wrote:
jayunited wrote:
N16008 is still grounded it is one of the 787s Boeing grounded last month for inspection and repairs.

N16008 hasn't flown since August 24th it is on the ground at EWR but I have no idea if the inspection and repair work has begun.

Thankfully UA only has one 787 impacted by
I don't want to drag this thread off course, but I do know the article you are speaking of and the article which was written several weeks ago did state Boeing is in the process of analyzing the data on all 977 Dreamliners in service to see if additional action is required. What the article does not state is when this data analysis began and how many 787s have already passed their data inspection and have been given the all clear. No where does the article in the Seattle Times speculate that this problem could effect hundreds of 787s or that hundreds of 787s could potentially be grounded.

Now if that is the article you are referring to in your post then you are misrepresenting what was written. Let's not dabble in speculation lets deal with what we know. And what we know is the data analysis (not sure when it started) has shown so far only 8 frames in need repairs. It has been nearly two weeks since this story broke with no new updates or new numbers. Instead of speculating let's just wait for the facts.

I don't want to go too deep on this topic on this thread because the last thing I want to do is drag this thread off course. My purpose was to simply provide an update for N16008 the only UA grounded 787, and to see if anyone knew whether or not repairs had begun especially since it has been about two weeks since that frame last took to the skies.

Hey Jay,N16008 is here at EWR and parked outside on the cargo line but no work has begun on it nor has any tooling arrived.
 
fun2fly
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:44 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:57 pm

UAL777UK wrote:
UA did do daily turns from LHR to AMS and BRU to preserve slots, leaving early morning and back in the late morning / afternoon. I am pretty sure no flight RON, unless it was tech. Loved those flights, 20 or so people on a 777. Now that was a swift take off!
All the other intra-europe flights to Germany got handed to LH I believe, maybe part of the start of the Star Alliance but i stand to be corrected there.


I was on a few BRU>LHR legs and it was "odd" to say the least when there were just the 20 of us. I started to take the train to LON the night before to allow for a normal wake up time and 2 legs vs. 3. I hope we view the current situation as a little glitch like we are reminiscing about the last one.

If the world is predicting 2-3 years for corporate travel to pick up again, I wonder if the "Big 3" will have to get creative with their LHR slot use. UA has smaller planes to fill the spot (757, 767H) so that helps. Would it get to the point that UA and others might have to go non-traditional markets to fill the slots? Similar to the point to point domestic routes announced recently? Maybe UA would just run 4x EWR (vs. 6) and fill in with year round "other city" such as MCI, STL CLE or BDL? Not sure, but thinking out loud how to fill seats and not lose as much while preserving slots. Would a direct route to communities that don't have them now steer more volume and spur demand enough to make it worthwhile? Probably good I'm not in charge!
 
sldispatcher
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 pm

How many banks at each hub now?
 
Cmac787
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Only 2 banks right now at IAD
 
sldispatcher
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:55 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:03 pm

IAH is 3
 
redrooster3
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:35 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:16 pm

New routes tomorrow morning 10 am CT. I see EWR/IAD and aircrafts are 787-9/767-300ER. Vídeo on Facebook
Marry one of us, and you'll fly for free!
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 pm

redrooster3 wrote:
New routes tomorrow morning 10 am CT. I see EWR/IAD and aircrafts are 787-9/767-300ER. Vídeo on Facebook


The new routes are on those aircraft?
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:18 pm

sldispatcher wrote:
How many banks at each hub now?


I think EWR is going to 3 but not real banks.
 
codc10
Posts: 2911
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2000 7:18 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:24 pm

DEN has 3 big banks, I believe, with O&D heavy markets and hubs getting extra frequencies.

BTW, another new service teaser on Instagram, this time international. Announcement tomorrow at 10am CT: https://www.instagram.com/p/CE4nrKkD8Qm/
 
SonaSounds
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Updated: UA plans EWR-JNB/OGG, IAD-ACC/LOS, ORD-DEL/KOA, SFO-BLR

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:30 pm

United released this teaser on their social media channels a little bit ago stating the following:

Route Teaser 2020
New routes!
There are 30+ clues in this video that point to where we're flying next. Let's hear your guesses!
Come back at 10 a.m. CT tomorrow (9/9) to find out.


Any ideas what it is going to be?

https://www.facebook.com/United/videos/690635054885533
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:30 pm

EWR, IAD, SFO and Brazil
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3053
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Gotta be long-haul international. Looks like EWR, ORD, and LAX were presented along with a few 787-9s showing up.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2483
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Gotta be long-haul international. Looks like EWR, ORD, and LAX were presented along with a few 787-9s showing up.


I see a lot of South America references (including the weather map of South America). Edit: also see a map of Africa and one of Europe.
 
SonaSounds
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:37 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Gotta be long-haul international. Looks like EWR, ORD, and LAX were presented along with a few 787-9s showing up.


In addition, I also see a map of IAD and a picture of SFO......doesn't really help us narrow it down haha
 
mkorpal333
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 am

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Say what you want about the airline, but they sure do make route announcements fun.
 
mkorpal333
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:30 am

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 pm

I didn't see any DEN references, so I think that hub might be left out this time.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Gotta be long-haul international. Looks like EWR, ORD, and LAX were presented along with a few 787-9s showing up.


IAD and SFO with 767-300ers came into the video too. Lots of South America appearances.
 
ScottB
Posts: 7117
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2000 1:25 am

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:44 pm

SonaSounds wrote:
Any ideas what it is going to be?


Well, based on the list of destinations on the phone in the video, as well as several images of SFO, I'm going to venture a guess of SFO-BKK to try to grab some leisure travel. 787-9 of course.
 
lga31vfr
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:48 pm

I don't know but if you ask me, these 'teases' are getting rather childish, especially during covid. Just announce it and cut the nonsense out of it.
 
SonaSounds
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Also just noticed United's post says "New Routes" with a "s" so there is going to be more than one, presumably international, route announced.
Last edited by SonaSounds on Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:49 pm

Here are my guesses most likely they are all wrong.

EWR-GIG or EZE
EWR-VIE
SFO-BKK
SFO-GRU
LAX-GRU
IAD-LIM
ORD-LIM
 
Antarius
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 pm

mkorpal333 wrote:
Say what you want about the airline, but they sure do make route announcements fun.


No kidding. Exciting little teaser!
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:56 pm

If I knew how to post pics on here I would share all the clues in the video. So if anyone could help let me know!
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3053
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:59 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
If I knew how to post pics on here I would share all the clues in the video. So if anyone could help let me know!


Upload them to imgur or Twitter and copy the link address. Then paste the link inside the text from the image button
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
If I knew how to post pics on here I would share all the clues in the video. So if anyone could help let me know!


Upload them to imgur or Twitter and copy the link address. Then paste the link inside the text from the image button


Image

https://twitter.com/nickgiants1/status/ ... 13888?s=21
 
User avatar
calpsafltskeds
Posts: 3234
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:29 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:13 pm

RE the LHR slots, depending on timing of those slots, UA could consider what Frontier and Spirit have done which is to pick markets to fly 2 or 3 times per week and share an aircraft.
UA could operate 2 or 3 767s on something to leisure markets like MCO/TPA/FLL/RSW or LAS/PHX, along with midwest non-hub markets (by any Big 3 carrier) like CLE/IND/CMH/PIT/MCI/STL. You'd turn the aircraft in the US city, then swap out markets in LHR. 2 or 3 aircraft could over 4 to 9 similarly stage length markets. Seasonality could push FL in Winter and Midwest in Summer.
They could even operate with the 7 non-Polaris 763s or 764s if Polaris units were hopefully needed to be flown elsewhere. If the revenue covers incremental flying cost and the slots are retained its sure an option.
 
Antarius
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:15 pm

SonaSounds wrote:
Also appear to show ORD and EWR
]


One of the runway plans is also ORD. So another hint at that.
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL
 
Judge1310
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:18 pm

mkorpal333 wrote:
I didn't see any DEN references, so I think that hub might be left out this time.


Actually there was a shot of the northern portion of the airfield at DEN.

Sounds like a pretty big announcement from all hubs!
 
User avatar
Coronado990
Posts: 1516
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:12 am

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:36 pm

I would suspect IAH-ACC might be one of them. I keep seeing Ghana flag colors.
SFO=NoCal LAX=SoCal SAN=LoCal
 
IAHWorldflyer
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:40 pm

The alpaca, map of Newark, 4903 ( miles), S America weather map, and 763, lead me to think they might want to start EWR-SCL. I think SCL is the only deep South American station only served through IAH. (Well, ok they cancelled the EZE-EWR route).
All those range calculations, along with the cell phone, 789, and SFO, make me think SFO-BKK.
Seems there could be something for ORD in there too. Nothing for DEN or IAH.
 
WrldTvlr74
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Re: United New Route Announcement 9/9/2020

Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:44 pm

Seems like Hawaii is going to be in there too; 1) lei, 2)pineapple 3)shot of a map with the Hawaiian islands circled and a red mark of some sort on the Big Island.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos