Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:23 am

I always thought it was the other way around – that UA wants nothing to do with SQ – or at the very least, the feelings are mutual.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
UAinAUS
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:11 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:02 am

UAX Update:

E145XR:
N14125 (ex-AX 2003 build) ferried ALB for transfer to CommutAir
 
GmoneyCO
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:43 pm

MAX 9:
N37516 - Delivery flight scheduled for 30-Dec/2733. Induction work to be completed at SEA
N27520 - Delivery flight scheduled for 29-Dec/2701. Induction work to be completed at SEA

N37527 - Repositioned from Moses Lake to BFI on 23-Dec in preparation for delivery

N37502 - Entered MCO for upgrades to be brought back into service. GYR to MCO on 27-Dec/2702
N27515 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at LAX as of 17-Dec
N27519 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at IAH as of 14-Dec
N37521 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at LAX as of 24-Dec
N37523 - Scheduled to exit SEA induction on 29-Dec/2688 with a flight to DEN
N47524 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at IAH as of 21-Dec

77W:
N2747U - Scheduled to exit HKG on 30-Dec/2769 after maintenance
 
CHIMAA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:06 pm

Pinto wrote:
CHIMAA wrote:
Why these bad timings where you are stuck in Delhi overnight for any connection to hyd,blr,maa or any place in india. so obviously you have to sell these for flights in economy at $600 per round trip to fill your seats.

They should move the flights by 3 hours starting from ORD at 3.25 pm to arrive in delhi by 5.10 pm to get connections to all of india. Again returns can be moved by 2 hours to start at 11.55 pm to arrive at 3.50 am to ORD so that people connect seamlessly and also good start times.

existing times

6:25 pm Chicago, IL, US (ORD)Arriving8:10 pm Delhi, IN (DEL)
1:55 am Delhi, IN (DEL)Arriving5:50 am Chicago, IL, US (ORD)


change times needed

3:25 pm Chicago, IL, US (ORD)Arriving 5:10 pm Delhi, IN (DEL)
11:55 pm Delhi, IN (DEL)Arriving 3:50 am Chicago, IL, US (ORD)


Similarly they should tweak EWR to DEL & BOM flights to arrive by 5 pm to delhi and bom.

rjbesikof wrote:

Is ORD-DEL doing well right now? If so, that could bode well for another India flight.


First off 3:50 is terrible arrival time into ORD, also CBP wouldn't be open then. UA is catering to the USA travelers not the Indian travelers


That ok, the flight timings from DEL-ORD can remain the same or moved by an hour . Not sure what you meant by USA travelers here, but if the timings dont work , any traveler will look for other options . As the ME carriers are clipped to serve transit passengers fully in this pandemic, the likes of AI,UA starting these direct flights is happening . Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, I am sure majority of india diaspora prefers the likes of emirates, etihad and qatar as they are vastly superior in service and best times and almost one stop to 10 indian cities from 10 USA cities with travel under 20 hours both sides.
 
CHIMAA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Also, i just glanced the CBP ( https://awt.cbp.gov/) , there is no hard rule that CBP will not open at 3.50am. I could not add a picture, you can chek the URL.. but ORD cbp opens till 2 am or open at 3 am or 4 am as needed.
 
jayunited
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:42 pm

GmoneyCO wrote:
MAX 9:
N37516 - Delivery flight scheduled for 30-Dec/2733. Induction work to be completed at SEA
N27520 - Delivery flight scheduled for 29-Dec/2701. Induction work to be completed at SEA

N37527 - Repositioned from Moses Lake to BFI on 23-Dec in preparation for delivery

N37502 - Entered MCO for upgrades to be brought back into service. GYR to MCO on 27-Dec/2702
N27515 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at LAX as of 17-Dec
N27519 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at IAH as of 14-Dec
N37521 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at LAX as of 24-Dec
N37523 - Scheduled to exit SEA induction on 29-Dec/2688 with a flight to DEN
N47524 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at IAH as of 21-Dec

77W:
N2747U - Scheduled to exit HKG on 30-Dec/2769 after maintenance


United is getting those MAX9s ready, to fly again!!!

I think by mid-summer these aircraft will be back on UA's West Coast - Hawaii routes replacing most of the 739ERs and 738s that took back over the routes after the MAX grounding. Also if UA hasn't replace the 737s operating SFO-BOS with lie flat seat 757s by mid-summer I think the MAX9s will be on this route as well.

And yes I am aware UA is temporarily suspending the SFO-BOS-SFO in January but the route will resume if not in February then March for sure.

Despite everything that has happened with the MAX over the past few years the MAX make the NG look like a gas guzzler. It is such a fuel efficient aircraft when compared to the NGs on the same routes.
 
ordbosewr
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:31 am

ual4life wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
jayunited wrote:


It is amazing United doesn't have a close partnership with SQ who is a STAR member but they have a great partnership with Vistara which SIA owns 49%.

What if STAR wanted to swap Air India for Vistara is there any loophole would all that type of scenario to play out?

I'm not sure how the partnership between AI and other members of STAR is going but UA and AI don't have much of a partnership whereas our codeshare with Vistara is paying off at least in terms of passengers, I don't know if it is paying off revenue wise.

From what I'm hearing (and this is strictly rumor), I'm hearing UA is looking at perhaps adding another India flight in 2022 either out of EWR or IAD. I can't help but wonder how much of UA's current and perhaps future plans in India are hinge on a successful codeshare with Vistara an airline that from an outsiders perspective seems to have a strong domestic network in India, and what would happen to UA in India if Vistara were to join OneWorld or Sky.


From what I recall, SQ doesnt want a closer relationship with UA. They are one of the most distant members of Star Alliance.


This. It’s more amazing that SQ is still in *A than anything.


If I recall from previous discussions on this topic it is a mutual feeling between UA and SQ. My recollection, which may be 100% incorrect, is that SQ did not like UA because UA directly competed with UA metal into Singapore. It is curious that SQ was happy to partner with pretty much any US airline that did not have that any presence in Singapore, the largest example being US Air was the main *A partner for SQ after US Air joined *A.
It is kindda funny because for SQ to get into *A UA would have had to approve of the addition, since UA is a founding member and SQ is not.

For any partnership to work there needs to be a desire to work together, it seems like these 2 have not found common ground and the recent direct competition that that have ramped up, prior to pandemic certainly tell me that the relationship is not getting better.
 
Sypho839
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:28 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:47 am

jayunited wrote:
GmoneyCO wrote:
MAX 9:
N37516 - Delivery flight scheduled for 30-Dec/2733. Induction work to be completed at SEA
N27520 - Delivery flight scheduled for 29-Dec/2701. Induction work to be completed at SEA

N37527 - Repositioned from Moses Lake to BFI on 23-Dec in preparation for delivery

N37502 - Entered MCO for upgrades to be brought back into service. GYR to MCO on 27-Dec/2702
N27515 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at LAX as of 17-Dec
N27519 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at IAH as of 14-Dec
N37521 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at LAX as of 24-Dec
N37523 - Scheduled to exit SEA induction on 29-Dec/2688 with a flight to DEN
N47524 - Exited SEA induction, currently parked at IAH as of 21-Dec

77W:
N2747U - Scheduled to exit HKG on 30-Dec/2769 after maintenance


United is getting those MAX9s ready, to fly again!!!

I think by mid-summer these aircraft will be back on UA's West Coast - Hawaii routes replacing most of the 739ERs and 738s that took back over the routes after the MAX grounding. Also if UA hasn't replace the 737s operating SFO-BOS with lie flat seat 757s by mid-summer I think the MAX9s will be on this route as well.

And yes I am aware UA is temporarily suspending the SFO-BOS-SFO in January but the route will resume if not in February then March for sure.

Despite everything that has happened with the MAX over the past few years the MAX make the NG look like a gas guzzler. It is such a fuel efficient aircraft when compared to the NGs on the same routes.


Shocking. So much for the 772s that were on the BOS-SFO/LAX route in the past. I'm a bit out of the loop on the transcon p.s. service but is Boston no longer part of that?
 
jayunited
Posts: 3203
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Sypho839 wrote:
Shocking. So much for the 772s that were on the BOS-SFO/LAX route in the past. I'm a bit out of the loop on the transcon p.s. service but is Boston no longer part of that?


Outside of the holiday season UA's BOS-SFO-BOS flights were largely empty, if you had 40 people on the flight that was considered good. During the holiday season these flights were never sold out either. Even with the lower operating cost of a 737 v.s. a 752 or a 772 these transcon flights are still expensive to operate. UA suspended BOS-LAX-BOS some time ago do to a lack of demand and now UA will temporarily suspend operations on our BOS-SFO-BOS route.

Even if you take a look at B6's BOS-SFO-BOS on certain days in January they will only operate 1 nonstop flight in each direction between these airports, and DL has also joined UA in suspending their BOS-SFO-BOS route as well. There is simply no sustainable demand between these 2 cities right now as a result of the pandemic.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5835
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:21 pm

jayunited wrote:
Sypho839 wrote:
Shocking. So much for the 772s that were on the BOS-SFO/LAX route in the past. I'm a bit out of the loop on the transcon p.s. service but is Boston no longer part of that?


Outside of the holiday season UA's BOS-SFO-BOS flights were largely empty, if you had 40 people on the flight that was considered good. During the holiday season these flights were never sold out either. Even with the lower operating cost of a 737 v.s. a 752 or a 772 these transcon flights are still expensive to operate. UA suspended BOS-LAX-BOS some time ago do to a lack of demand and now UA will temporarily suspend operations on our BOS-SFO-BOS route.

Even if you take a look at B6's BOS-SFO-BOS on certain days in January they will only operate 1 nonstop flight in each direction between these airports, and DL has also joined UA in suspending their BOS-SFO-BOS route as well. There is simply no sustainable demand between these 2 cities right now as a result of the pandemic.


I think the demand on these transcon are just rock bottom right now. Who wants to fly from one lock down region to another one? DL hasn't operated BOS-SFO since March. I think they are done there.
 
User avatar
airzim
Posts: 1472
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2001 7:40 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:02 pm

ordbosewr wrote:
ual4life wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:

From what I recall, SQ doesnt want a closer relationship with UA. They are one of the most distant members of Star Alliance.


This. It’s more amazing that SQ is still in *A than anything.


If I recall from previous discussions on this topic it is a mutual feeling between UA and SQ. My recollection, which may be 100% incorrect, is that SQ did not like UA because UA directly competed with UA metal into Singapore. It is curious that SQ was happy to partner with pretty much any US airline that did not have that any presence in Singapore, the largest example being US Air was the main *A partner for SQ after US Air joined *A.
It is kindda funny because for SQ to get into *A UA would have had to approve of the addition, since UA is a founding member and SQ is not.

For any partnership to work there needs to be a desire to work together, it seems like these 2 have not found common ground and the recent direct competition that that have ramped up, prior to pandemic certainly tell me that the relationship is not getting better.


1) Airline alliances are just marketing relationships. UA and SQ compete heavily as do many other non JV carriers in Star Alliance. SQ and UA didn't participate more closely even before UAs entry into SIN.
2) SQ needs UA way more than UA needs SQ. UA would much rather carry the traffic themselves vs. funneling those passengers beyond SIN. Conversely, why would UA want to potentially displace their own passengers at the US gateways for a SQ pax which is likely giving a tiny prorate revenue chunk? B6 doesn't mind that traffic given their lack of network and the need to fill distressed inventory and US Airways played that role due to lack of hub network in the US West. AS historically plays a similar role due to similar characteristics.
3) Once the JV was sealed with NH, the SE Asia market and the lack of a further relationship with SQ was cemented. The only region where UA can't carry it's passengers the whole way are smaller cities in India, and much of SE Asia. UA fills that gaps with NH via TYO, and Vistara in India. Otherwise the market isn't big enough to justify the effort.
4) SIN is a lousy transit hub for the UA network. It's too far south and too far east. With the exception of India (which is already covered by UA/Vistara), many connections are backtracking north
5) SQ offers UA very little return. Pre-covid, UA already served every major Asian city nonstop from the US and in many cases from multiple gateways (with the exception of KUL, BKK, MNL, CGK which can all be served by NH). Why would UA want to team up with SQ?
 
GmoneyCO
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:58 pm

MAX 9:
N37516 - Delivered on 30-Dec/2707
N47517 - Delivered on 30-Dec/2708
N27520 - Delivered on 29-Dec/2709. The initial delivery flight was canceled and then rescheduled using a different flight number earlier in the day.

Looks like N37518, N37522, N37530 are next in line for delivery since all three are now at BFI
 
User avatar
jetblastdubai
Posts: 2006
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:30 am

I'm guessing that UA really doesn't need all the additional lift of all these new MAXs coming on property. Are they going to park/store some currently flying narrowbodies or do they plan to keep everything flying and just spread out the hours over more A/C?

With the reported fuel efficiency of the MAXs, it'd be nice to keep them in the air as much as feasible.
 
LGeneReese
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:36 am

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:32 am

jetblastdubai wrote:
I'm guessing that UA really doesn't need all the additional lift of all these new MAXs coming on property. Are they going to park/store some currently flying narrowbodies or do they plan to keep everything flying and just spread out the hours over more A/C?

With the reported fuel efficiency of the MAXs, it'd be nice to keep them in the air as much as feasible.

First revenue flights are still scheduled for 11Feb.. and all 30 should be ready by then. Given the fuel savings I would think they will replace most older aircraft in the schedule as soon as events permit. Park/storage may happen for ac due Mx checks..
 
User avatar
cosyr
Posts: 1520
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:08 pm

Anyone care to make any fleet predictions for 2021?
 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1918
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:45 pm

I reckon we'll see at least some more firmed up plans to retire aircraft. UA hasn't followed AA/DL yet with sweeping retirement announcements, but the truth is that the fleet is probably too large for the near-term future, even with long-term growth goals. I bet those 764s don't come back.

Also, is there a 2021 thread yet?
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:44 am

Please continue the discussion in the 2021 thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1456221

✈️ atcsundevil

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos