fry530

Re: United Fleet, Network, & Livery Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:25 am

N649DL wrote:
AMollenhauer9 wrote:
My dad sent me a pic of N587UA today from SFO. I know there's no sense in painting it with limited lifespan left, but this bird is in bad shape.

http://imgur.com/gallery/xjJ9NSL

N587UA has been repainted for at least 5 years now so no surprise there. The interior on the plane is an ex-PS fame so it's essentially still new despite being built in 1993.

587 has a storied history of looking tired. Some may remember when it was in it's last days of the Battleship livery:

319 320 32N 321 332 333 722 733 735 73G 738 739 744 752 763 772 77W CR2 CR7 Q400 E145 E170 DC10 MD80
AA BA BD CO DL EI F9 HP NW NZ UA U2 WN Y4

N649DL

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:30 am

fry530 wrote:
N649DL wrote:
AMollenhauer9 wrote:
My dad sent me a pic of N587UA today from SFO. I know there's no sense in painting it with limited lifespan left, but this bird is in bad shape.

N587UA has been repainted for at least 5 years now so no surprise there. The interior on the plane is an ex-PS fame so it's essentially still new despite being built in 1993.

587 has a storied history of looking tired. Some may remember when it was in it's last days of the Battleship livery:

By looks only. It has AVOD nose to tail these days and 28 Flatbed J Seats.

codc10

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:30 am

N649DL wrote:
AMollenhauer9 wrote:

About 8 years in the current paint job... I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the EvoBlue colors. The 75K fleet retirement plans are currently on hold pending resolution of the 737MAX grounding. They were slated to be directly replaced by the 737MAX10.

VC10er

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:47 pm

Last night I got an email promotion from United because I have an upcoming trip that connects at LAX both out bound and return to use the new Private Suites at LAX. I don't think its really needed as my connection times are less than 2 hours.
The offer including the discount they are offering me is $750 for one connection and $1,350 for round trip.

I read what Private Suites offer, and while it does seem great for check-in, security and a private waiting room (and other luxury amenities) the price with the discount ”seems” crazy high? Round trip is not far off from what I paid for the First Class ticket (which includes a transcon on a 787-10 in a Polaris seat)

So, I can only guess this is a ”celebrity or super rich” person to totally avoid a regular Terminal experience? Which I understand if you are Beyoncé etc.

So, my question is: as United is step by step creating a more and more premium experience for big ticket premium fliers...will we see this particular Private Suite offer at other HIGH PREMIUM passenger hubs? Or is LAX unique given Hollywood? Or will this be extended to EWR, ORD, IAD etc, etc?

Also, it seems to be a partnership (not created and built by United), so does AA & DL and possibly others offer this too?

I'm perfectly happy (more than happy!) with a Polaris Lounge, GS and TSA. But I like the seeing UA doing new things.

Last: United’s new luggage delivery offer in London is smart. I plan to try it on my next LHR flight. Is this London fast delivery of your luggage to your hotel a test? If popular and successful, does anyone think Frankfurt, Tokyo, São Paulo, HK, Sydney etc, etc next? I will certainly do it for cities like São Paulo or Tokyo (giant cites with long painful rides to the hotel, OR when it comes home to the US, and UA would deliver to NYC and should they deliver to my home!

OLD sky warriors like me suffer more upon landing than I did at 35!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

fun2fly

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 pm

N669UA 763 Polaris HiJ Mod to exit 2/8 and to be replaced with N673UA.

LAXdude1023

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:45 pm

VC10er wrote:
Last night I got an email promotion from United because I have an upcoming trip that connects at LAX both out bound and return to use the new Private Suites at LAX. I don't think its really needed as my connection times are less than 2 hours.
The offer including the discount they are offering me is $750 for one connection and $1,350 for round trip.

I read what Private Suites offer, and while it does seem great for check-in, security and a private waiting room (and other luxury amenities) the price with the discount ”seems” crazy high? Round trip is not far off from what I paid for the First Class ticket (which includes a transcon on a 787-10 in a Polaris seat)

So, I can only guess this is a ”celebrity or super rich” person to totally avoid a regular Terminal experience? Which I understand if you are Beyoncé etc.

So, my question is: as United is step by step creating a more and more premium experience for big ticket premium fliers...will we see this particular Private Suite offer at other HIGH PREMIUM passenger hubs? Or is LAX unique given Hollywood? Or will this be extended to EWR, ORD, IAD etc, etc?

Also, it seems to be a partnership (not created and built by United), so does AA & DL and possibly others offer this too?

I'm perfectly happy (more than happy!) with a Polaris Lounge, GS and TSA. But I like the seeing UA doing new things.

Last: United’s new luggage delivery offer in London is smart. I plan to try it on my next LHR flight. Is this London fast delivery of your luggage to your hotel a test? If popular and successful, does anyone think Frankfurt, Tokyo, São Paulo, HK, Sydney etc, etc next? I will certainly do it for cities like São Paulo or Tokyo (giant cites with long painful rides to the hotel, OR when it comes home to the US, and UA would deliver to NYC and should they deliver to my home!

I think it exists for the entertainment industry crowd.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

Pinto

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:49 pm

VC10er wrote:

You have to remember that LAX and LHR are both unique case airports. LAX is a hub for the AA,DL, and UA. UA needs every advantage it can get. LHR is a massive business market and by offering that luggage drop it can give them a big boost.

calpsafltskeds

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:42 pm

Major Polaris Milestone Reached:
By my count with 763 N669UA sked to exit HKG 2/8, UA will have 100 widebodies with Polaris seating. This includes those 77W, 789 and 78X that were delivered with Polaris. 86 of the 100 have Premium Economy Class installed.

763 details:
N669UA sked to exit HKG 2757/8Feb in High J Polaris/PP
N673UA sked to enter HKG 2754/6Feb for High J Polaris/PP

calpsafltskeds

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:26 pm

319:
N841UA sked to exit SFO 2411/7Feb in 12F configuration (45 of 72 complete)
N881UA, former CZ unit sked to enter AMA paint 2731/7Feb

738:
N37293 entered AMA 2749/6Feb for EvoBlu livery

ryanflyer

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:57 pm

VC10er wrote:

So I actually did some promotion photography for the Private Suite. Oh my lord it is incredible in there. Free food on demand, getting driven to the gate. I was there for 12 hours and dropped my girlfriend and did photography while she slept. I obviously didnt pay as I’m 20 years old, but did photos in exchange for the stay. Well worth it! But unless you have a lot of excess cash, not for me.

LGeneReese

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:59 pm

78J
N12012 Delivery UA2705 CHSIAD 7Feb...
N24976 C1 5Feb...

Runway28L

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Cool in-flight footage of the 787-10 courtesy of United.

https://twitter.com/united/status/12258 ... 90081?s=21

kunta67

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:57 am

I saw N26960 off to Victorville. Is this a painting line and a refurb for Polaris and PP?

jetmatt777

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:10 am

kunta67 wrote:
I saw N26960 off to Victorville. Is this a painting line and a refurb for Polaris and PP?

Showing in VCV till 2/16. Not sure that is enough time for a widebody paint job. So probably maintenance or polaris.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

VC10er

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Pinto wrote:
VC10er wrote:

You have to remember that LAX and LHR are both unique case airports. LAX is a hub for the AA,DL, and UA. UA needs every advantage it can get. LHR is a massive business market and by offering that luggage drop it can give them a big boost.

Actually I do very much realize the LHR situation as LHR is one of my most traveled routes on UA. The loss of BMI from Star Alliance was deeply felt. When I need to continue onwards into Europe, LH, LX, TP and many others have helped, but my only nonstop options to Spain were limited and I had to buy a separate BA ticket. However, the EWR Polaris Lounge and High-J 767 makes for a fantastic trip!

I do have far less experience using LAX. My upcoming trip is the first time in over 10 years that I am connecting. Usually I am just in and out of LAX. Today when I go to LA I will always take one of the 78J’s. I was astonished by the cost of the Private Suites. I certainly see the benefits of it vs AA or DL. I totally get that this is for celebs and other wealthy people who wish to skip the main airport.

I know (at least from everything written here) that Smisek handed over the glamorous crowd to AA at least (I don't recall DL ever being a big transcontinental player in the past) by moving ps to EWR. But today I read it's United’s most lucrative routes along with SFO. I was on the very original ps flight very soon after old UA launched it. AT THAT TIME, it was big news! 3 cabins on a 752 (no more old 762’s) beautiful interiors and if you were in First, you had access to the smaller First Class Red Carpet Club room. Which was decorated in a very traditional decor that my mother would have loved. (Although UA created a small modern spa-like spot behind a wall). I saw so many celebs I cannot recall all of them aside from Sigourney Weaver and Phyllis Diller! P.S was the hands down way to go. But it
pre-dated the private bed seat in business class era. So, even the new p.s. only had angled flat beds with no privacy.

So, I know AA offers a private First Class flat bed to JFK. I don't follow DL, but my understanding is that they mostly use International WB aircraft. And I believe they plan to try and leapfrog the highly awarded LAX Polaris lounge.

So the NEW thoughts I have are: United is making a lot of money on transcontinental flights today despite being at EWR. And they seem to be filling 78J’s, 772’s and spruced up 752’s. Will the 737MAX (or A321XLR’S) with a new flat bed be able to fly side by side with UA’s WB’s? One day soon I wonder if the 772’s on transcons have true Polaris? And EWR not only needs a big LA sized NEW United Club, but will EWR get this Private Suite product? If so, perhaps the Bi-coastal glamorous crowds may come back?

All of this will take many years, UA has her hands filled already with the refits and much more. But, I love watching competitors fight to out do each other, so I was just projecting 5+ years into the future in my head and wondering how UA will not allow the grass to grow under their feet ever again.

MAYBE ONCE I will spring for the Private Suites at LAX. I'd love to see more pictures, the United promotional email I got only had 3 images. (and $750 one way was a discounted price!)

VC10er

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:07 pm

ryanflyer wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I read what Private Suites offer, and while it does seem great for check-in, security and a private waiting room (and other luxury amenities) the price with the discount ”seems” crazy high? Round trip is not far off from what I paid for the First Class ticket (which includes a transcon on a 787-10 in

So I actually did some promotion photography for the Private Suite. Oh my lord it is incredible in there. Free food on demand, getting driven to the gate. I was there for 12 hours and dropped my girlfriend and did photography while she slept. I obviously didnt pay as I’m 20 years old, but did photos in exchange for the stay. Well worth it! But unless you have a lot of excess cash, not for me.

WHERE can I see your pictures? It's a bit too much for me to do every time, but I would definitely do it once!

calpsafltskeds

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:26 pm

I'm guessing N26960 might be in for warranty work. 2 others in smiolar vintage 789s had tough up completed.

320:
N488UA exited AMA 2732/7Feb in EvoBlu livery

752:
N12116 sked to exit MIA 2753/8Feb in 16/160 configuration.

Delta350

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:58 pm

When will they start painting their 73Gs,739s,752s and 753s?
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)

ryanflyer

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:59 pm

VC10er wrote:
ryanflyer wrote:
VC10er wrote:

I read what Private Suites offer, and while it does seem great for check-in, security and a private waiting room (and other luxury amenities) the price with the discount ”seems” crazy high? Round trip is not far off from what I paid for the First Class ticket (which includes a transcon on a 787-10 in

WHERE can I see your pictures? It's a bit too much for me to do every time, but I would definitely do it once!

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to upload, but my Instagram is @diecastryan and I have it saved as a highlight! Was definitely a unique experience.

VC10er

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:06 pm

ryanflyer wrote:
VC10er wrote:
ryanflyer wrote:

I can’t for the life of me figure out how to upload, but my Instagram is @diecastryan and I have it saved as a highlight! Was definitely a unique experience.

You like airplanes, don't you!?!
THANK YOU, I went to your Instagram page. So, my first question is you're too young to have taken all those pictures? If so you are a very prolific young man! How did you get those birds eye pictures?
So, Private Suites is only $4,500 a year? (I say ”only” because that is not a big number for the wealthy!) I would presume if you are Madonna, you are never flying commercial anyway...but for anyone making a couple hundred thousand or more and lived in LA and traveled often, it's actually not that much.
It does look really nice though.
But wouldn't it be true that no matter which airline you might be flying on, if you're a PS member, it doesn't matter.
So is it just United offering a discount to their most premium fliers?
Why wouldn't DL or AA offer discounts to Private Suites too for their $$$$ fliers also?

While I absolutely love the Polaris lounge, United did stop a bit short of (say) Lufthansa First Class lounge with private bedrooms and a Mercedes to your aircraft. Had UA gone ALL the way to direct access to Polaris (private security screening) full bedrooms with a closed doors and an elevator down to a row of Polaris blue Mercedes cars...THAT would have been a game changer for a US airline!

Naturally, I haven't a clue how United would have pulled that off structurally - but it would have lips flapping!

calpsafltskeds

Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:06 pm

757-200 new configuration:
N19117 entered MIA 2754/8Feb for new 16F/42E+/118Y configuration.

UAinAUS

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:15 am

UAX Update:

CR5:
N553GJ entered revenue service with GoJet
N519GJ entered revenue service with GoJet

CR2:
N246PS entered revenue service with Skywest in EvoBlu livery

GmoneyCO

Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:40 pm

The following aircraft are confirmed to have had the ViaSat KA wifi upgrade installed:
739:
N69839
N69840
N66841
N68842
N62883
N62884
N69885

752:
N596UA

737-MAX
All 737 MAX aircraft have ViaSat KA. The first 5 737 MAX 9 are listed as the older Thales KA wifi

Other updates:
738:
N87513 - Exited DEN on 8-Feb/2759 after gear collapse on landing in December
N37274 - Confirmed exit from AMA on 6-Feb/2701

739:
N62895 - Listed as in INT. Does not appear to have ever entered INT
N67812 - Revised exit date of 10-Feb/1062

753:
N57855 - Confirmed exit from MCO on 3-Feb/2548

CR5:
N508GJ - In STL after paint in AMA and CR5 mod complete at MLB

E175SC:
The seat map has finally been posted on UA.com, needs to be linked on the fleet site page (https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/inflight/aircraft/emb175.html#v2)

calpsafltskeds

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:14 pm

Thanks GMoneyCO for catching those errors. They are corrected and map linked.
I thought the following also may have ViaSatKA
752: N502UA/N587UA/N588UA/N589UA/N590UA/N597UA
739: N68843/N67845 since they had INT visits recently or currently

GmoneyCO

Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:54 pm

calpsafltskeds wrote:
Thanks GMoneyCO for catching those errors. They are corrected and map linked.
I thought the following also may have ViaSatKA
752: N502UA/N587UA/N588UA/N589UA/N590UA/N597UA
739: N68843/N67845 since they had INT visits recently or currently

The ps 752s that have ViaSat KA shown on the fleet page all have been confirmed to have it so what you have there is accurate and confirmed. :)

When I was going through checking aircraft earlier the two 739s you referenced above still show Thales in 'Amenities' section of the Flight Status for the flights those aircraft are operating. I agree with you that its odd they are still showing Thales when they had INT visits of sufficient length for the install to take place after the installation program began. Quite possible that the Amenities section for each hasn't been updated yet, we've definitely seen this happen in the past with other mod programs.

Cmac787

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:43 am

What’s up with 787-9. 958. It’s been in XMN for quite a while

CALTECH

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:46 am

calpsafltskeds wrote:
I'm guessing N26960 might be in for warranty work. 2 others in smiolar vintage 789s had tough up completed.

320:
N488UA exited AMA 2732/7Feb in EvoBlu livery

752:
N12116 sked to exit MIA 2753/8Feb in 16/160 configuration.

# 960 in for upper wing repaint.

Cmac787 wrote:
What’s up with 787-9. 958. It’s been in XMN for quite a while

Do you mean # 968 ? Awaiting STC approval. Beginning of March expected ETR.
You are here.

AMollenhauer9

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:34 am

738 N77295 scheduled to exit AMA 2/10 2697. No replacement showing for painting yet.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:10 pm

The fleet changes, fleet status, and repaint status posts at the start of this thread have been updated.

✈️ atcsundevil

LGeneReese

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:55 pm

N29975 has completed induction and is currently enroute IADPAE for another ‘Employee delivery’ event. These are nice events where selected employees get a tour of the Boeing Facility, a nice meal, and “Officially” sign off for delivery of the aircraft and fly it off to ORD (usually).

Amwest2United

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 pm

LGeneReese wrote:
N29975 has completed induction and is currently enroute IADPAE for another ‘Employee delivery’ event. These are nice events where selected employees get a tour of the Boeing Facility, a nice meal, and “Officially” sign off for delivery of the aircraft and fly it off to ORD (usually).

Actually ORD-PAE, flight 2686.
Life is what happens to you while you making plans to live it!

adamblang

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:00 pm

I don't remember if it's been posted here but the 787-10 is available in an 360° cabin view now: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/tr ... 87-10.html
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 77L 77W 788 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90

ryhops

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:03 pm

So, on the 789 front - 968 is in for the Polaris/PP mod, but 975 (new delivery) is fresh off the assembly line already configured in Polaris/PP. Must the 968 STC occur before 975 can start revenue service? Not clear how that works.

AMollenhauer9

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:11 pm

N771UA exiting VCV as UA2746. N77066 entering as UA2745

738 N76529 entering AMA as UA2754

wn676

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:36 pm

Haven’t seen this posted elsewhere but SFO-TPE is being temporarily downgauged to the B787-9 starting March 1st as a result of the schedule reductions to mainland China.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.

Runway28L

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:57 pm

Anyone know if UA is planning on retrofitting the incoming WN 737-700s with split scimitars? I noticed that only one of the 19 aircraft they are slated to receive already has them - the rest still have the regular blended winglets.

FlyHossD

Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:34 am

Runway28L wrote:
Anyone know if UA is planning on retrofitting the incoming WN 737-700s with split scimitars? I noticed that only one of the 19 aircraft they are slated to receive already has them - the rest still have the regular blended winglets.

Great question. I spoke with one of my old CO/UA comrades this past fall (October?) and he said that question hadn't been answered. Also, there was the question of the comm and nav radios (differences there, too) and the radar (another difference).

Do any of the UA sources know if a decision has been made?
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

ericm2031

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:23 am

Are the -700 and -800 split scimitars identical in all parts and sizes? If so, I would assume they would add them. Has UA finished adding them to all their 737s?

VS11

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:25 am

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but is UA planning on deploying the 787-10 on the EWR-LHR route? I see the -10 going to DUB, CDG, FRA, BRU and curious if London is in the cards too. Thanks.

CriticalPoint

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:26 am

VS11 wrote:
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but is UA planning on deploying the 787-10 on the EWR-LHR route? I see the -10 going to DUB, CDG, FRA, BRU and curious if London is in the cards too. Thanks.

Probably not they are running the premium heavy 767-300s to LHR.

GmoneyCO

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:06 am

ericm2031 wrote:
Are the -700 and -800 split scimitars identical in all parts and sizes? If so, I would assume they would add them. Has UA finished adding them to all their 737s?

UA has installed them on all 737NG aircraft. I would be surprised if they are not installed on the ex WN aircraft.

jayunited

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:51 pm

wn676 wrote:
Haven’t seen this posted elsewhere but SFO-TPE is being temporarily downgauged to the B787-9 starting March 1st as a result of the schedule reductions to mainland China.

UA's SFO-TPE load factors have been all over the map ever since the Coronavirus became headline news and then add in Chinese New Year celebrations. There were days when the flight was oversold and then there were days when there were over 100-120 empty seats on the route and this up and down continues.

Looking at the schedule it seems as though the downguage only lasts for 3.5 weeks but I do think it is the right decision, flying a 252 seat 789 verses a 350 seat 77W.

AaronPGH

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:59 pm

We are booked on SFO-TPE in Polaris in mid-April. Understand the downgage but hopefully it really is temporary and the 77W holds for our trip.

calpsafltskeds

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:51 pm

772:
N791UA sked to exit XMN maint 2743/12Feb
N77006 entered VCV 2745/10Feb for EvoBlu livery 

LGeneReese

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 pm

Amwest2United wrote:
LGeneReese wrote:

My Bad....
it’s enroute back to ORD now as UA2685 full of happy employees

VC10er

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:05 pm

About UA to LHR: We know EWR has all High-J 763’s, what equipment is being used from other UA hubs to LHR?

jetmatt777

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:15 pm

LGeneReese wrote:
Amwest2United wrote:
LGeneReese wrote:

My Bad....
it’s enroute back to ORD now as UA2685 full of happy employees

A friend of mine was on that flight. Looks like an awesome experience.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

FSDan

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 pm

VC10er wrote:
About UA to LHR: We know EWR has all High-J 763’s, what equipment is being used from other UA hubs to LHR?

Going by current June schedules...

SFO-LHR: 1x 77W + 1x 772
LAX-LHR: 1x 789
DEN-LHR: 1x 789
IAH-LHR: 2x 772
ORD-LHR: 3x 76L
IAD-LHR: 1x 752 + 2x 772
EWR-LHR: 6x 76L
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

sdh9

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:47 pm

FlyHossD wrote:
Runway28L wrote:

Great question. I spoke with one of my old CO/UA comrades this past fall (October?) and he said that question hadn't been answered. Also, there was the question of the comm and nav radios (differences there, too) and the radar (another difference).

Do any of the UA sources know if a decision has been made?

Not sure how much the radios and radar matter. There are two different types floating around, and three if you include the MAX.

Pinto

Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:49 pm

FSDan wrote:
VC10er wrote:

Going by current June schedules...

SFO-LHR: 1x 77W + 1x 772
LAX-LHR: 1x 789
DEN-LHR: 1x 789
IAH-LHR: 2x 772
ORD-LHR: 3x 76L
IAD-LHR: 1x 752 + 2x 772
EWR-LHR: 6x 76L

IAD has 1x 76L + 1x 772 + 1x 752

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos