Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 26
 
FSDan
Posts: 3340
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:43 pm

rbavfan wrote:
DFW-NRT would take at least 2 to operate it.


DFW-NRT is being operated 3x weekly, so only 1 aircraft is needed.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:51 pm

alpine1989 wrote:
Looks like five A330s moved to San Salvador SAL/MSLP in February. Are these lease returns or scheduled heavy maintenance?

Alpine1989

I know SAL is a MTC facility


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
Boof02671
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:00 pm

alpine1989 wrote:
Looks like five A330s moved to San Salvador SAL/MSLP in February. Are these lease returns or scheduled heavy maintenance?

Alpine1989

Heavy maintenance visit, no A330s are being retired.
 
AA321T
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:54 pm

Looks like N193AA suffered a tail strike in LAS and incurred some damage. It’s scheduled to be ferried to ROW, I’m assuming for retirement?
 
toltommy
Posts: 2793
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:35 am

AA321T wrote:
Looks like N193AA suffered a tail strike in LAS and incurred some damage. It’s scheduled to be ferried to ROW, I’m assuming for retirement?


N193AA shows as an MU-2 in both flightaware and flightradar24.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N193AA
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
/762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
catdaddy63
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:27 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:42 am

I'm assuming N193AN is the aircraft we are discussing, a 752. Last flight MIA-LAS arrived very early Saturday morning.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N19 ... /KMIA/KLAS
 
AA321T
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:22 am

catdaddy63 wrote:
I'm assuming N193AN is the aircraft we are discussing, a 752. Last flight MIA-LAS arrived very early Saturday morning.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N19 ... /KMIA/KLAS

Sorry yes N193AN, a typo on my part!
 
jgcotter
Posts: 928
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Looks like they’re starting to park E190s as well as wide bodies and B752s at ROW.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:19 pm

jgcotter wrote:
Looks like they’re starting to park E190s as well as wide bodies and B752s at ROW.

So the E190s were supposed to be retired at the end of this summer (likely Q3 2020). But then their lives were recently extended beyond that due to the MAX grounding and A321neo delays. Should be interesting to see if that decision gets reversed yet again and they’re phased out quickly.
 
illinicmi
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:58 pm

Runway28L wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
Looks like they’re starting to park E190s as well as wide bodies and B752s at ROW.

So the E190s were supposed to be retired at the end of this summer (likely Q3 2020). But then their lives were recently extended beyond that due to the MAX grounding and A321neo delays. Should be interesting to see if that decision gets reversed yet again and they’re phased out quickly.


We know that's where their 763's go to die, but does AA send anything there temporarily? Looks like most of the obvious "keepers" are going to other airports for storage?
 
deltaffindfw
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:42 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:06 am

They sent a few 772s to ROW. I would assume that was temp storage.
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:32 am

deltaffindfw wrote:
They sent a few 772s to ROW. I would assume that was temp storage.


I believe they have only sent two B777-200s to ROW, for temporary storage.
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:34 am

illinicmi wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
Looks like they’re starting to park E190s as well as wide bodies and B752s at ROW.

So the E190s were supposed to be retired at the end of this summer (likely Q3 2020). But then their lives were recently extended beyond that due to the MAX grounding and A321neo delays. Should be interesting to see if that decision gets reversed yet again and they’re phased out quickly.


We know that's where their 763's go to die, but does AA send anything there temporarily? Looks like most of the obvious "keepers" are going to other airports for storage?


Yes, AA has a number of B737MAXs stored "temporarily" at ROW.
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1404
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:46 am

Tomorrow, E190 tails 949 & 957 ferry from PHL to ROW.

Also are three 763 ferry flights from MIA to ROW.
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:52 pm

illinicmi wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
jgcotter wrote:
Looks like they’re starting to park E190s as well as wide bodies and B752s at ROW.

So the E190s were supposed to be retired at the end of this summer (likely Q3 2020). But then their lives were recently extended beyond that due to the MAX grounding and A321neo delays. Should be interesting to see if that decision gets reversed yet again and they’re phased out quickly.


We know that's where their 763's go to die, but does AA send anything there temporarily? Looks like most of the obvious "keepers" are going to other airports for storage?


None o their 763s have gone there to die. CAM has converted or is slated to convert every one of them to freighter. They soldier on carrying smiley boxes.
The last of the famous international playboys
 
Miamiairport
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:08 pm

It looks like AA is starting to take widebodies off the domestic schedule. MIA/LAX has gone to all 738, 321 and 319. The 772 is gone from ORD/MIA. I'm at the AC and saw a 772 just back off the gate. What widebody routes are left other than whatever is still going to LHR?
 
User avatar
BN727227Ultra
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:36 pm

Judging by the posts on this board, of all the US3, AA seemed to have the biggest discontinuity between the US and non-US product. It seemed that never the twixt would meet, and now they won't.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Miamiairport wrote:
It looks like AA is starting to take widebodies off the domestic schedule. MIA/LAX has gone to all 738, 321 and 319. The 772 is gone from ORD/MIA. I'm at the AC and saw a 772 just back off the gate. What widebody routes are left other than whatever is still going to LHR?

DFW-NRT is also seeing WB equipment. They have operated some cargo flights in the past weekend to FRA on the 77W. Supposedly LAX-HNL flying will be up gauged to WB equipment to accommodate cargo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:57 pm

flyboy7974 wrote:
Tomorrow, E190 tails 949 & 957 ferry from PHL to ROW.

Also are three 763 ferry flights from MIA to ROW.


Today's departures for retirement at ROW are N391AA, N346AN and N350AN, leaving AA with a B767-300 fleet of 12 acft.
 
illinicmi
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:01 pm

Spacepope wrote:
illinicmi wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
So the E190s were supposed to be retired at the end of this summer (likely Q3 2020). But then their lives were recently extended beyond that due to the MAX grounding and A321neo delays. Should be interesting to see if that decision gets reversed yet again and they’re phased out quickly.


We know that's where their 763's go to die, but does AA send anything there temporarily? Looks like most of the obvious "keepers" are going to other airports for storage?


None o their 763s have gone there to die. CAM has converted or is slated to convert every one of them to freighter. They soldier on carrying smiley boxes.


It was a figure of speech. Point is they go there and are no longer flying for AA afterwards.
 
asuflyer
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Video of TUL with all the AA ac stored.
https://twitter.com/breakingavnews/stat ... 4898572298

The following aircraft are being retired at ROW today.
763: N390AA, N391AA, N396AN, N399AN N343AN N344AN N346AN N350AN
752: N175AN, N692AN,
E90: N949UW, N956UW N957UW

N394AN which was previously retired is being ferried to ILN before cargo refit for CAM.
 
ckfred
Posts: 5188
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2001 12:50 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:00 pm

I read that AA is flying 777s on DFW-FRA, solely with cargo. There is enough airfreight demand between central Texas to Germany that AA will fly one to three times per week.

I also saw that AA has at least on 787 on PHL-ORD, doing a round-trip. That was last week. So, I don't know if that is in the schedule for the next few weeks.
 
chonetsao
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:06 pm

asuflyer wrote:
Video of TUL with all the AA ac stored.
https://twitter.com/breakingavnews/stat ... 4898572298

The following aircraft are being retired at ROW today.
E90: N949UW, N956UW N957UW.


Pity I liked the E90 as a plane to travel on. I would take E90 any day over A319.
 
chonetsao
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:07 pm

ckfred wrote:
I read that AA is flying 777s on DFW-FRA, solely with cargo. There is enough airfreight demand between central Texas to Germany that AA will fly one to three times per week.


I have a suspicion that the cargo is not on point to point transport. The final destination of these cargo might be far away from Texas or Hessen.
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:14 pm

asuflyer wrote:
Video of TUL with all the AA ac stored.
https://twitter.com/breakingavnews/stat ... 4898572298

The following aircraft are being retired at ROW today.
763: N390AA, N391AA, N396AN, N399AN N343AN N344AN N346AN N350AN
752: N175AN, N692AN,
E90: N949UW, N956UW N957UW

N394AN which was previously retired is being ferried to ILN before cargo refit for CAM.


Jeez, looks like VCV or ROW or MZJ without the sand/scrub brush.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:44 pm

E190 N954UW ferrying LGA-PIT for storage/MX entry/reposition? No flight plan filed beyond today and a 9600 ferry flight leads me to believe storage.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9625

FWIW all of the A330s sent to Pittsburgh had 9600 flight numbers.
 
747fan
Posts: 961
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:40 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:53 pm

AA will be ferrying 5 737's out to ROW tomorrow, 3/25. N904AN, N908AN, N910AN, N912AN and N919AN. Wouldn't be surprised to see more join them in the coming days unfortunately.
These are among the oldest 737's in service (these 5 all date from 1999) and were among the 20 that were originally supposed to be retired in the next few years up until the 737 MAX issues put a hiatus to those plans. However with the current situation this may be reversed again, and this could mean the retirement of these frames.
Also several ex-USAirways 757's now ferrying to ROW tomorrow: 200, 202, 204 and 939.
 
747fan
Posts: 961
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:40 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:58 pm

TUL had 4 757's ferry in today and my assumption is this is the retirement for these frames: N188AN, N190AA, N195AN and N176AA.
TUL also received another 77W for temporary storage, N732AN. As of now, it appears that 3 more 788's will be joining the crowd in TUL tomorrow.
 
asuflyer
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:35 am

The remainder of the E90's will be stored tomorrow. Ferry flights are setup to ROW, PIT and SAT.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:56 am

Runway28L wrote:
E190 N954UW ferrying LGA-PIT for storage/MX entry/reposition? No flight plan filed beyond today and a 9600 ferry flight leads me to believe storage.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/AA9625

FWIW all of the A330s sent to Pittsburgh had 9600 flight numbers.

Maintenance overhaul is farmed out on the E190s and is done at SAT.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:00 am

Maybe it is time to retired all 330-300 too.
 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 am

Detroit313 wrote:
Maybe it is time to retired all 330-300 too.

Sounds like that’s happening based on an email that went out today to the pilots.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:00 am

List of E190s scheduled to arrive at PIT tomorrow:

N945UW
N946UW
N958UW
N967UW
N948UW
N947UW
N959UW
 
rj1385
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:09 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:41 am

Any more news on the 737s AA was looking to get rid of? (older version 1999 - 2001)
I assume we will have to wait and see the time period of this all.
 
UA748i
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:18 am

A huge fleet shakeup underway, apparently! The quick retirement of the 763s and some 752s was expected, but E190s, 1999 738s and A333? Oh boy, the next few weeks will be interesting.

AA will emerge from Covid noticeably smaller with fewer subfleets.
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Runway28L wrote:
List of E190s scheduled to arrive at PIT tomorrow:

N945UW
N946UW
N958UW
N967UW
N948UW
N947UW
N959UW

Updated list:

E190 N950UW
E190 N952UW
E190 N959UW
E190 N951UW
E190 N963UW
E190 N958UW
E190 N946UW
E190 N967UW
E190 N948UW
E190 N947UW
E190 N965UW
E190 N953UW

12 E190s total. 6 more A330s also expected to enter PIT for storage this week.
 
BigPlaneGuy13
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:01 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:06 pm

So just to summarize what's happening in the last few days, would it be fair to predict that AA mainline will emerge with only the following?

A319/20/21 CEO & NEO
B738/M
A333
B788/9
B772/3
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 2960
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:07 pm

BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
So just to summarize what's happening in the last few days, would it be fair to predict that AA mainline will emerge with only the following?

A319/20/21 CEO & NEO
B738/M
A333
B788/9
B772/3


You mean A332 instead of the A333?
 
BigPlaneGuy13
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:01 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Ishrion wrote:
BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
So just to summarize what's happening in the last few days, would it be fair to predict that AA mainline will emerge with only the following?

A319/20/21 CEO & NEO
B738/M
A333
B788/9
B772/3


You mean A332 instead of the A333?


Yes sorry, A332!
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:38 pm

15 A332, 15 B763, 34 B757, 20 E190: 84 AC leaving ? maybe with B767 going A332 can stay for a while....
 
illinicmi
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:48 pm

BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
So just to summarize what's happening in the last few days, would it be fair to predict that AA mainline will emerge with only the following?

A319/20/21 CEO & NEO
B738/M
A332
B788/9
B772/3


Seems like it would be more cost efficient to have fewer types like this, no? They aren't gonna need as many planes for a while anyway, so how much cost are they saving in a recovery by having fewer types? I'd imagine it's not insignificant.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:50 pm

danipawa wrote:
15 A332, 15 B763, 34 B757, 20 E190: 84 AC leaving ? maybe with B767 going A332 can stay for a while....

The 332 is not retiring


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
alasizon
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:57 pm

BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
So just to summarize what's happening in the last few days, would it be fair to predict that AA mainline will emerge with only the following?

A319/20/21 CEO & NEO
B738/M
A333
B788/9
B772/3


It really depends on how and when things recover. I suspect the whole A330 fleet will remain (both 332s and 333s). The MIA based 757s might hang around into Jan 2021 but that will likely be it.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
Runway28L
Posts: 2100
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:39 pm

Two A319s now scheduled to enter storage at PIT tomorrow. N713UW and N826AW.
 
planecane
Posts: 1579
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:44 pm

BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
So just to summarize what's happening in the last few days, would it be fair to predict that AA mainline will emerge with only the following?

A319/20/21 CEO & NEO
B738/M
A333
B788/9
B772/3


You mean A332 instead of the A333?


Yes sorry, A332!


Wasn't that pretty much the long term plan anyway. Just accelerated now?
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 8310
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:13 pm

alasizon wrote:
BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
So just to summarize what's happening in the last few days, would it be fair to predict that AA mainline will emerge with only the following?

A319/20/21 CEO & NEO
B738/M
A333
B788/9
B772/3


It really depends on how and when things recover. I suspect the whole A330 fleet will remain (both 332s and 333s). The MIA based 757s might hang around into Jan 2021 but that will likely be it.


It's too early to infer that what's being parked is surely being retired. DL is parking new 321s, 359s, and A330neos - but won't be retiring them. AA needs to get rid of both 332 and 333s to eliminate parts and a pilot work group. One or the other doesn't do it.
 
Boof02671
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:19 pm

The 332s aren’t going anywhere
 
Boof02671
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:15 am

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:54 pm

Good article about how AA is coping with grounding the fleet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/25/busi ... lines.html
 
UA748i
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Some of the comments on that NYT comment board are pretty disgusting.

As an MQ employee, I dont want to see AAG go belly up, obviously, but this really should be a lesson to the airline on management.

In regards to the fleet, simplification is a near and mid term solution, as well as downsizing without darastically affecting frequency. Ive given it some thought.

What should be kept at Mainline:

A320s (A319, A320, A321, A321N)
737-800 (For Now)
787
777-300ER (For Now)

What is and should be removed:

A330 (all)
737 MAX 8
757
767
777-200ER
E190

Perhaps AA could work with AS to trade the A320neo slots for MAXs

What should be considered (IMO)

A220 (Late 2020s, especially if the -500 comes around. Replaces 737-800 and some A320s)
Additional 787s (-9s, and potentially the -10, consider premium layouts. Replaces remaining 777-200ERs and -300ER)

AA: 2030 (again, my 2c)

A220 (-500)
A320 (A319, A320(?), A320neo(?) A321, A321N, A321XLR)
787 (-8, -9, -10)
 
illinicmi
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: AA Fleet Updates - 2020

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 pm

UA748i wrote:
Some of the comments on that NYT comment board are pretty disgusting.

As an MQ employee, I dont want to see AAG go belly up, obviously, but this really should be a lesson to the airline on management.

In regards to the fleet, simplification is a near and mid term solution, as well as downsizing without darastically affecting frequency. Ive given it some thought.

What should be kept at Mainline:

A320s (A319, A320, A321, A321N)
737-800 (For Now)
787
777-300ER (For Now)

What is and should be removed:

A330 (all)
737 MAX 8
757
767
777-200ER
E190

Perhaps AA could work with AS to trade the A320neo slots for MAXs

What should be considered (IMO)

A220 (Late 2020s, especially if the -500 comes around. Replaces 737-800 and some A320s)
Additional 787s (-9s, and potentially the -10, consider premium layouts. Replaces remaining 777-200ERs and -300ER)

AA: 2030 (again, my 2c)

A220 (-500)
A320 (A319, A320(?), A320neo(?) A321, A321N, A321XLR)
787 (-8, -9, -10)


I'm not an airline employee, just an interested frequent flyer, but I love this. I'd love to see them dump the MAX, and hopefully AS is interested in some kind of trade. Then replace the NGs as needed with whatever A320 products they need. Way better aircraft, from the perspective of sitting in the back anyway.

One caveat is that I think they can phase out the 332 as needed, since they are newer. Replace them first though. But if demand is very slow to come back, maybe leave them parked. Are they owned or leased?

Other caveat is I think their 773's will be around for a while. I'm still optimistic that there will eventually be SOME need for a few big planes, and these are pretty new. Maybe long-term replace them with the -10, but probably a decade or so.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 26

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos