chrisair

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:47 pm

alasizon wrote:
The only talk has been about WN releasing some of their gates in S4 (C11-C19) since their utilization is already low but WN has wanted to hold onto the gates and the City has had some second thoughts from my understanding since by WN having all 32 gates on the south side there is no room for AA expansion or further INTL carriers

The high C gates don’t seem to be underutilized to me. Every time I come home from a four or five day trip, our plane parks at C17-C19. I swear someone at WN operations is messing with me.

atcsundevil wrote:
It's possible that not everyone on board was headed to YUM.

Does YUM have FIS capabilities?

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:19 pm

chrisair wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
It's possible that not everyone on board was headed to YUM.

Does YUM have FIS capabilities?

They do, but I'm assuming it would take quite a while to process a large aircraft.

alasizon

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:31 am

chrisair wrote:
alasizon wrote:
The only talk has been about WN releasing some of their gates in S4 (C11-C19) since their utilization is already low but WN has wanted to hold onto the gates and the City has had some second thoughts from my understanding since by WN having all 32 gates on the south side there is no room for AA expansion or further INTL carriers

The high C gates don’t seem to be underutilized to me. Every time I come home from a four or five day trip, our plane parks at C17-C19. I swear someone at WN operations is messing with me.

Not high C specifically, more so their utilization overall. WN can manage to close at least two gates on each concourse for most of the day other than their late PM push and early originators. That would be the same as AA being able to close down 3-4 gates per concourse which just doesn't really happen.

WN could afford to add the eight gates and then give up four of the old gates and still accomplish their expansion plans. Unfortunately the city really shoehorned themselves into having to do a rapid expansion again in about two years when they need more space on the north side.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

cathay747

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:30 pm

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
cm642 wrote:
It's already started in the "AS to join OneWorld / AA to make SEA an Intl gateway" thread, if AA and AS merge down the road that means SEA becomes a hub then PHX becomes redundant and will be the first to go blah, blah, blah. Of course I fully expect Delta to retaliate for this one!

Yeah, and Phoenix was supposed to be dehubbed by now after the merger according to the experts on this website.

The vast majority of the people here have no clue what they're talking about. I try to stick to threads like this one where I know informed people will be participating.

I couldn't agree with you more.
Try a Little VC-10derness

cathay747

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:34 pm

AZLiam wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
AZLiam wrote:

I would love to see Delta retaliate by opening up an international route in PHX to either South America or Asia. That would be a great FU to AA since they treat PHX like a red-headed stepchild.

DL isn't going to start any int'l. routes out of PHX, and AA doesn't treat PHX like a red-headed stepchild. Any DL retaliation/counter-move to this AA/AS deal will come at SEA itself (DL building it up even more than they've already done) or at MIA with their new LATAM partnership.

Losing our hometown airline and headquarters didn't endear me to AA, but just added to my disdain. Perhaps, I just have an axe to grind with them from years ago that I never got over due to their continued lousy "customer service" and superior attitude at DFW. My Mom used to work for AA. We were flying non-rev years ago from DFW to ORD and upgraded to first class. One of their lousy gate agents (I have worse names for him - drama queen being one of them) basically pulled us out of first class simply because I was wearing a pair of $300 Versace pants that he thought were jeans (they weren't jeans, didn't look or feel like jeans). It was entirely an embarrassing situation that I subsequently reported to AA once we landed in ORD.

Ah, well...things like that happen in mergers, and it was inconceivable that AA's HQ would have wound up anywhere other than DFW. At least they didn't close down the PHX hub as happened to other hubs in other mergers (like MEM, CVG, etc.). I can empathize with your axe to grind based on the experience you relate, that was ridiculous...I remember those dress codes from when I used to non-rev (my dad worked for KE) and it was just nonsensical...non-rev's were not supposed to discuss their status with revenue pax, yet you could easily pick out all the non-rev's based on how they were dressed! Crazy.
Try a Little VC-10derness

TUSPHX

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:18 pm

Looks like BA289 stopped in KEF anybody know why?
“The way I see it, you can either work for a living or you can fly airplanes. Me, I’d rather fly.” — Len Morgan

Ishrion

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:21 pm

TUSPHX wrote:
Looks like BA289 stopped in KEF anybody know why?

Medical

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomPodolec/s ... 8437695489

cle757

Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:07 am

Starting March 29th UA starting 777 service phx to Iah, this is a result of reduced China flying.
Cleveland the best location in the Nation

BA744PHX

Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:23 am

cle757 wrote:
Starting March 29th UA starting 777 service phx to Iah, this is a result of reduced China flying.

I dont see anything on united or google, where are you seeing this?
UA Gold 2020
Upcoming flights
UA EWR-BCN/MAD, FR BCN-MAK, IB MAK-MAD - January
UA EWR-LHR, EWR-YYZ - February

cle757

Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:29 am

It will be released tomorrow
Cleveland the best location in the Nation

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos