Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 10
 
hz747300
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:38 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 am

skyharborshome wrote:
Has anyone been following the Avatar Airlines attempt to get off the ground? I saw one graphic that showed they would be running 747s between PHX and LAX, LAS and DFW. I know this has been tried in the past with little success. Still they have gone as far to discuss terms with Boeing. What is the over/under on this ever seeing the light of day?


I hear that the they are going to stop in Safford (KSAD) for fuel eastbound due to winds.

There is one way that this airline works and works well. They allow smoking (if possible under regulations).
Keep on truckin'...
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Looks like we're getting more domestic widebody subbing due to COVID-19; posted today at https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... pril-2020/


Delta in March and April 2020 schedules Airbus A330-300 service on Minneapolis/St. Paul – Phoenix route, scheduled once daily. The A330 is scheduled to operate from 13MAR20 to 23MAR20, and from 01APR20 to 22APR20.

DL8792 MSP1015 – 1136PHX 333 D
DL8797 PHX1300 – 1801MSP 333 D
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
PhilMcCrackin
Posts: 332
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:35 pm

UA is flying a 777 IAH-PHX too.
 
travaz
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:18 am

I did a PHX CLT (2-26-2020) and there was a 767-300 subbed for the 757. Although I was told the 757 went tech.
 
User avatar
flyingclrs727
Posts: 2650
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:44 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:05 am

skyharborshome wrote:
Has anyone been following the Avatar Airlines attempt to get off the ground? I saw one graphic that showed they would be running 747s between PHX and LAX, LAS and DFW. I know this has been tried in the past with little success. Still they have gone as far to discuss terms with Boeing. What is the over/under on this ever seeing the light of day?


What company would be willing to even finance such an idiotic scheme. I seriously doubt even Boeing Capital or GE Capital would finance 30 747-8i's to be built. It sounds like Skybus with bigger planes. At least the Airbus planes Skybus used were easy to place elsewhere after Skybus went out of business. No one wants 747-8i's. No bank wants to finance orphan aircraft. They are even picky about unpopular variants of popular aircraft.
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:22 pm

travaz wrote:
I did a PHX CLT (2-26-2020) and there was a 767-300 subbed for the 757. Although I was told the 757 went tech.


If you were "up front" I'd say lucky you! But if not, I'd rather have had the 757 since they're becoming such a rare breed. My PHX-DFW flight on a AA (LUS) 757 back in Sept. will probably wind up being my last ever. Sigh.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:23 pm

flyingclrs727 wrote:
skyharborshome wrote:
Has anyone been following the Avatar Airlines attempt to get off the ground? I saw one graphic that showed they would be running 747s between PHX and LAX, LAS and DFW. I know this has been tried in the past with little success. Still they have gone as far to discuss terms with Boeing. What is the over/under on this ever seeing the light of day?


What company would be willing to even finance such an idiotic scheme. I seriously doubt even Boeing Capital or GE Capital would finance 30 747-8i's to be built. It sounds like Skybus with bigger planes. At least the Airbus planes Skybus used were easy to place elsewhere after Skybus went out of business. No one wants 747-8i's. No bank wants to finance orphan aircraft. They are even picky about unpopular variants of popular aircraft.


All so true. Especially the idiotic part!
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
travaz
Posts: 904
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 1:03 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:17 am

cathay747 wrote:
travaz wrote:
I did a PHX CLT (2-26-2020) and there was a 767-300 subbed for the 757. Although I was told the 757 went tech.


If you were "up front" I'd say lucky you! But if not, I'd rather have had the 757 since they're becoming such a rare breed. My PHX-DFW flight on a AA (LUS) 757 back in Sept. will probably wind up being my last ever. Sigh.

I was lucky to be up front!
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:29 pm

travaz wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
travaz wrote:
I did a PHX CLT (2-26-2020) and there was a 767-300 subbed for the 757. Although I was told the 757 went tech.


If you were "up front" I'd say lucky you! But if not, I'd rather have had the 757 since they're becoming such a rare breed. My PHX-DFW flight on a AA (LUS) 757 back in Sept. will probably wind up being my last ever. Sigh.

I was lucky to be up front!


Ah yes, you were, in terms of getting a lie-flat seat! Although on reflection, setting that aside, I'd still rather be on a 757 up front only from the standpoint of getting to hear the glorious sound of those RB211-535's at takeoff power! Such unique and magnificent "music" they make!! LOL THAT is what I'll miss most about the 757.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
chumley
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:39 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:23 pm

I meant to look this up last week, but forgot. On Thursday 2/27, I saw a Qatar plane take off to the east over Tempe at around 3:30pm. Now that I'm thinking about it, too many days have passed for it to be showing up in FlightRadar. Anybody have info on it?
 
wetpantsmcgee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:17 pm

chumley wrote:
I meant to look this up last week, but forgot. On Thursday 2/27, I saw a Qatar plane take off to the east over Tempe at around 3:30pm. Now that I'm thinking about it, too many days have passed for it to be showing up in FlightRadar. Anybody have info on it?


In town for the Arabian Horse Show.
 
chumley
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:39 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:18 pm

wetpantsmcgee wrote:
chumley wrote:
I meant to look this up last week, but forgot. On Thursday 2/27, I saw a Qatar plane take off to the east over Tempe at around 3:30pm. Now that I'm thinking about it, too many days have passed for it to be showing up in FlightRadar. Anybody have info on it?


In town for the Arabian Horse Show.

Makes sense. Charter? VIP? Cargo (transporting horses)?
 
cm642
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:21 pm

Someone in the BA 787-10 thread heard a rumor (scuttlebutt) of BA wanting to go 2x daily on PHX, out of curiosity anyone else hear this supposed rumor?
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:25 pm

cm642 wrote:
Someone in the BA 787-10 thread heard a rumor (scuttlebutt) of BA wanting to go 2x daily on PHX, out of curiosity anyone else hear this supposed rumor?


BA already was 2x (less than daily) and they split it into 2x daily when AA came online. I have a really hard time believing that there is a need to go 3x daily, particularly when there is so much capacity from EW/DE being added into the market.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:38 pm

alasizon wrote:
cm642 wrote:
Someone in the BA 787-10 thread heard a rumor (scuttlebutt) of BA wanting to go 2x daily on PHX, out of curiosity anyone else hear this supposed rumor?


BA already was 2x (less than daily) and they split it into 2x daily when AA came online. I have a really hard time believing that there is a need to go 3x daily, particularly when there is so much capacity from EW/DE being added into the market.


Agreed. Even without the EW/DE service to/from FRA, I would think 3x daily to LHR is a bit unlikely. I never read or pay attention to anything that's said to be a rumor. Tell me about it when it's a public fact (and I don't mean to impugn you cm642, I'm just saying...take rumors with HUGE grains of salt!).
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
Osubuckeyes
Posts: 1883
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:05 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Maybe the rumor is regarding taking over the AA frequency. BA has a wider range of aircraft/configurations to use on the route, where AA is somewhat limited. I could see that being the desire since PHX definitely has seasonally variable demand.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:13 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
Maybe the rumor is regarding taking over the AA frequency. BA has a wider range of aircraft/configurations to use on the route, where AA is somewhat limited. I could see that being the desire since PHX definitely has seasonally variable demand.


AA has just as much flexibility when it comes to seasonal demand as BA does (quite literally the same aircraft available). The fact that for the Winter the BA flight adjusted to a smaller equipment while AA did not shows that there likely isn't a need for another "smaller" aircraft for some of the frequencies.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3052
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:15 pm

cm642 wrote:
Someone in the BA 787-10 thread heard a rumor (scuttlebutt) of BA wanting to go 2x daily on PHX, out of curiosity anyone else hear this supposed rumor?


That rumor was posted on a thread over two years ago, which was before AA announced PHX-LHR.
 
wetpantsmcgee
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:23 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:51 am

chumley wrote:
wetpantsmcgee wrote:
chumley wrote:
I meant to look this up last week, but forgot. On Thursday 2/27, I saw a Qatar plane take off to the east over Tempe at around 3:30pm. Now that I'm thinking about it, too many days have passed for it to be showing up in FlightRadar. Anybody have info on it?


In town for the Arabian Horse Show.

Makes sense. Charter? VIP? Cargo (transporting horses)?


AFAIK it was for VIP, don't know if there was any animal transport involved.
 
4holer
Posts: 2776
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:47 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:15 pm

wetpantsmcgee wrote:
chumley wrote:
wetpantsmcgee wrote:

In town for the Arabian Horse Show.

Makes sense. Charter? VIP? Cargo (transporting horses)?


AFAIK it was for VIP, don't know if there was any animal transport involved.

Interestingly however, according to the visitingphx website, there was a Qatar Air Force C-17 here a few days later, which I'm sure could transport a horse or two or 20...
Ghosts appear and fade away.....................
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Posts: 5912
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:25 am

It looks like the City of Phoenix put out an RFP to upgrade and modernize the moving walkways in T4. While the elevators and escalators in T4 were modernized I think sometime in the late 2000s by ThyssenKrupp (they were originally made by Montgomery), the moving walkways have yet to be modernized. The sign-in sheet shows ThyssenKrupp, KONE, and Schindler participating (however that doesn't necessarily mean they will all submit bids).
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:34 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
It looks like the City of Phoenix put out an RFP to upgrade and modernize the moving walkways in T4. While the elevators and escalators in T4 were modernized I think sometime in the late 2000s by ThyssenKrupp (they were originally made by Montgomery), the moving walkways have yet to be modernized. The sign-in sheet shows ThyssenKrupp, KONE, and Schindler participating (however that doesn't necessarily mean they will all submit bids).


Link? I can't find it in the list of RFPs.

Wonder what work they intend to do as most of the walkways themselves have been replaced with new parts over the past couple years. In 2018 they replaced the treads on all the walkways except the N4 westbound to N3 walkways.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
chrisair
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:03 am

alasizon wrote:
Wonder what work they intend to do as most of the walkways themselves have been replaced with new parts over the past couple years.


It seems like they put new parts in them every week. The things are always broken in T4.
 
Vctony
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 1999 10:51 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:10 am

I'm surprised the city hasn't decided to just abandon the walkways altogether. There will not be any moving walkway between the new S1 concourse and S2.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:48 am

chrisair wrote:
alasizon wrote:
Wonder what work they intend to do as most of the walkways themselves have been replaced with new parts over the past couple years.


It seems like they put new parts in them every week. The things are always broken in T4.


Not denying that piece by any means, I just don't see really what they can do to modernize when darn near everything has been replaced in the past five years.

Vctony wrote:
I'm surprised the city hasn't decided to just abandon the walkways altogether. There will not be any moving walkway between the new S1 concourse and S2.

Personally, I think walkways are a must with the way the AA operation runs on 25-30 minute connect times. So many passengers can't run or walk fast on their own. I'm not sold the decision to not have them between S1 and S2 is a good one (more retail space at the expense of convenience).

Now just if they were wide enough for two people to walk side by side and not do an awkward shuffle the whole way...
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
Vctony
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 1999 10:51 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:58 pm

WN to start 2x daily service to SJD and 1x daily service to PVR effective 10/8.

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/relea ... ct-30-2020

I've always thought this was just a matter of time. I'm curious if AC's move to T3 helped facilitate this.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:06 pm

Vctony wrote:
WN to start 2x daily service to SJD and 1x daily service to PVR effective 10/8.

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/relea ... ct-30-2020

I've always thought this was just a matter of time. I'm curious if AC's move to T3 helped facilitate this.


In the winter it helps the 5/6PM PVR, come summer though the facilities will be over-extended so something has to change. Between up to three widebodies on the ground simultaneously plus the existing Mexico and WS flights, this could get really interesting.

On Saturdays this would cause a shortage of two gates from 4PM-5PM in the existing winter schedule.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
wn676
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:38 am

Vctony wrote:
WN to start 2x daily service to SJD and 1x daily service to PVR effective 10/8.

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/relea ... ct-30-2020

I've always thought this was just a matter of time. I'm curious if AC's move to T3 helped facilitate this.


Even if it didn’t, it never made sense to have AC at T4. It’s crazy to think that an airline was allowed to tie up FIS gates with flights that didn’t need the capability for so long.

alasizon wrote:
Vctony wrote:
WN to start 2x daily service to SJD and 1x daily service to PVR effective 10/8.

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/relea ... ct-30-2020

I've always thought this was just a matter of time. I'm curious if AC's move to T3 helped facilitate this.


In the winter it helps the 5/6PM PVR, come summer though the facilities will be over-extended so something has to change. Between up to three widebodies on the ground simultaneously plus the existing Mexico and WS flights, this could get really interesting.

On Saturdays this would cause a shortage of two gates from 4PM-5PM in the existing winter schedule.


Are there any opportunities to break turns and have more tow-offs?
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 am

wn676 wrote:
Vctony wrote:
WN to start 2x daily service to SJD and 1x daily service to PVR effective 10/8.

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/relea ... ct-30-2020

I've always thought this was just a matter of time. I'm curious if AC's move to T3 helped facilitate this.


Even if it didn’t, it never made sense to have AC at T4. It’s crazy to think that an airline was allowed to tie up FIS gates with flights that didn’t need the capability for so long.

alasizon wrote:
Vctony wrote:
WN to start 2x daily service to SJD and 1x daily service to PVR effective 10/8.

https://www.swamedia.com/releases/relea ... ct-30-2020

I've always thought this was just a matter of time. I'm curious if AC's move to T3 helped facilitate this.


In the winter it helps the 5/6PM PVR, come summer though the facilities will be over-extended so something has to change. Between up to three widebodies on the ground simultaneously plus the existing Mexico and WS flights, this could get really interesting.

On Saturdays this would cause a shortage of two gates from 4PM-5PM in the existing winter schedule.


Are there any opportunities to break turns and have more tow-offs?


Physically possible, yes. Although, if you go just based on the new master agreement that was signed this year with the carriers for the N4 FIS guidelines, the minimum guaranteed on-gate time post-arrival would have to be broken in order to get any more turns out of the operation in the 5-7PM timeframe in the winter (even with the lack of WS flights from the MAX grounding this year, we had to take a voluntary violation by a few minutes on Saturdays a few times to fit everything in). Given at least one of the 4-5 PM arrivals runs late and rolls into the next bank and AA is already doing 40 minute turns, it is going to be an absolute circus. Best I can guess, WN will bump Y4 off the gate most days for the 5PM PVR arrival unless they go daily on their flights. If Y4 goes daily on their flights then they would have priority over WN due to the history of serving the route at that time. Y4 technically exceeds the minimum guaranteed on-gate time by about 30 minutes on the turn as scheduled but not like the City can force them to go anywhere else as there are no other common use gates.WN's add will bump WS off in the 7PM bank because transborder pre-cleared is a lower priority than post-cleared flights.

CoP did just buy some new Cobuses from Germany though so maybe part of the plan is to include the hardstand arrivals/departures.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
chrisair
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:49 pm

alasizon wrote:
Given at least one of the 4-5 PM arrivals runs late and rolls into the next bank and AA is already doing 40 minute turns, it is going to be an absolute circus.


I would imagine WN would just park over there, get everyone off the plane and tow it to the high C gates (or wherever they send it). Doesn't AA just do the turn over at the FIS gate?
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:14 pm

chrisair wrote:
alasizon wrote:
Given at least one of the 4-5 PM arrivals runs late and rolls into the next bank and AA is already doing 40 minute turns, it is going to be an absolute circus.


I would imagine WN would just park over there, get everyone off the plane and tow it to the high C gates (or wherever they send it). Doesn't AA just do the turn over at the FIS gate?


WN would have to deplane and clean prior to relocating the aircraft so even if you bank on 40 minutes, I'm not sure it'll help all that much.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
Vctony
Posts: 678
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 1999 10:51 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:38 pm

AA has a lot of cancellations tomorrow morning already.

AA 698 to DFW
AA 567 to CLT
AA 2105 to SJC
AA 445 to LAX
AA 486 to SNA
AA 438 to SAN
AA 1880 to SFO
AA 823 to ELP
AA 286 to ABQ
AA 524 to ONT
AA 652 to SMF
 
Maverick623
Posts: 4723
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:13 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:31 am

Vctony wrote:
AA has a lot of cancellations tomorrow morning already.

AA 698 to DFW
AA 567 to CLT
AA 2105 to SJC
AA 445 to LAX
AA 486 to SNA
AA 438 to SAN
AA 1880 to SFO
AA 823 to ELP
AA 286 to ABQ
AA 524 to ONT
AA 652 to SMF


Those are part of the reduction of flying in the coming week. Shouldn't see anymore planned cancellations tomorrow.

Looks like a net reduction of ~50 flights per day (both mainline and regional) loaded for April so far. That's about 17% of flights.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way
 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 278
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:57 am

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/marico ... ated-death

Looks like the first COVID-19 death in Phoenix was a City Of Phoenix Airport employee. Sad.
 
910A
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:58 pm

Saw the AA 333 fly over the house today, and got me wondering. Since the HNL service has been suspended, does this aircraft remain in PHX for nearly 24 hours?
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:47 pm

910A wrote:
Saw the AA 333 fly over the house today, and got me wondering. Since the HNL service has been suspended, does this aircraft remain in PHX for nearly 24 hours?


Good question as I see this schedule in GDS:

AA1678 CLT-PHX 0740-0928

AA1828 PHX-CLT 0856-1600

So yeah...it sits here nearly 24hrs? I mean, not that there's a pressing need for it anywhere else just now, but wow. Note however that both flights are gone from the schedule after 28MAR for the CLT-PHX and 29MAR for the PHX-CLT, with no A330 on any flight; however a 752 starts 1x each way as of today 26MAR.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
chrisair
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:24 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Note however that both flights are gone from the schedule after 28MAR for the CLT-PHX and 29MAR for the PHX-CLT, with no A330 on any flight; however a 752 starts 1x each way as of today 26MAR.


That 757 normally replaces the A330 sometime in the late spring. Kinda think the A330 may not be on that route for a while, which is a bummer.

I took a drive to PHX the other day and it looked like it was 3a on a Sunday. It's eerie, and it's even stranger seeing planes stacked up everywhere on the west side of the airport.
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:42 pm

EW has pushed FRA-PHX-FRA now to June 1st
DE it still scheduled for April 20th, I doubt this will stick
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:17 pm

chrisair wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
Note however that both flights are gone from the schedule after 28MAR for the CLT-PHX and 29MAR for the PHX-CLT, with no A330 on any flight; however a 752 starts 1x each way as of today 26MAR.


That 757 normally replaces the A330 sometime in the late spring. Kinda think the A330 may not be on that route for a while, which is a bummer.

I took a drive to PHX the other day and it looked like it was 3a on a Sunday. It's eerie, and it's even stranger seeing planes stacked up everywhere on the west side of the airport.


Oh right, I forgot about the seasonal 330 scheduling. Duh.

I bet it's eerie. Is it mostly AA aircraft parked over there?
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
User avatar
cathay747
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:20 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
EW has pushed FRA-PHX-FRA now to June 1st
DE it still scheduled for April 20th, I doubt this will stick


I doubt either will stick. I'm willing to bet LH puts off that EW launch till NEXT spring. We might be lucky to get even one of the LHR flights back by 3Q, much less both.
Try a Little VC-10derness
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 393
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:22 pm

cathay747 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
EW has pushed FRA-PHX-FRA now to June 1st
DE it still scheduled for April 20th, I doubt this will stick


I doubt either will stick. I'm willing to bet LH puts off that EW launch till NEXT spring. We might be lucky to get even one of the LHR flights back by 3Q, much less both.

Agreed, last time LH launched PHX was in March 2001 and now with this year's attempt with COVID it seems LH has no luck with launching PHX with some event happening.
 
chrisair
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2000 11:32 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 pm

cathay747 wrote:
I bet it's eerie. Is it mostly AA aircraft parked over there?


AA, UA, DL and Alaska had planes on the north side. WN and DL had some on the south side as well.
 
cm642
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:28 am

cathay747 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
EW has pushed FRA-PHX-FRA now to June 1st
DE it still scheduled for April 20th, I doubt this will stick


I doubt either will stick. I'm willing to bet LH puts off that EW launch till NEXT spring. We might be lucky to get even one of the LHR flights back by 3Q, much less both.


Looks like the AA LHR flight is scheduled to resume Oct. 7.
http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... oom_Alerts
 
austwin
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:36 pm

From another thread:

"AA at PHX going down to two banks per day, a 1000am westbound and a 300pm eastbound, with nothing on Tuesdays or Saturdays except to other hubs."

Question: How many banks are normally operated at PHX?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3052
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:41 pm

austwin wrote:
From another thread:

"AA at PHX going down to two banks per day, a 1000am westbound and a 300pm eastbound, with nothing on Tuesdays or Saturdays except to other hubs."

Question: How many banks are normally operated at PHX?


At least four probably? A morning bank around 6-8 and a night/red-eye bank?
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:54 am

austwin wrote:
From another thread:

"AA at PHX going down to two banks per day, a 1000am westbound and a 300pm eastbound, with nothing on Tuesdays or Saturdays except to other hubs."

Question: How many banks are normally operated at PHX?


10 banks plus the hub to hub runs.

630-730 East In/West Out
730-900 West In/East Out
900-1030 East In/West Out
1130-1300 West In/East Out
1300-1430 East In/West Out
1430-1600 West In/East Out
1600-1730 East In/West Out
1730-1900 West In/East Out
1900-2030 East In/West Out
2030-2200 West In/East Out
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26286
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:56 am

Maverick623 wrote:
Vctony wrote:
AA has a lot of cancellations tomorrow morning already.

AA 698 to DFW
AA 567 to CLT
AA 2105 to SJC
AA 445 to LAX
AA 486 to SNA
AA 438 to SAN
AA 1880 to SFO
AA 823 to ELP
AA 286 to ABQ
AA 524 to ONT
AA 652 to SMF


Those are part of the reduction of flying in the coming week. Shouldn't see anymore planned cancellations tomorrow.

Looks like a net reduction of ~50 flights per day (both mainline and regional) loaded for April so far. That's about 17% of flights.


PHX will average about 85-90 daily flights on most days. Not sure when that takes effect.
a.
 
Maverick623
Posts: 4723
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:13 am

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:58 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
Maverick623 wrote:
Vctony wrote:
AA has a lot of cancellations tomorrow morning already.

AA 698 to DFW
AA 567 to CLT
AA 2105 to SJC
AA 445 to LAX
AA 486 to SNA
AA 438 to SAN
AA 1880 to SFO
AA 823 to ELP
AA 286 to ABQ
AA 524 to ONT
AA 652 to SMF


Those are part of the reduction of flying in the coming week. Shouldn't see anymore planned cancellations tomorrow.

Looks like a net reduction of ~50 flights per day (both mainline and regional) loaded for April so far. That's about 17% of flights.


PHX will average about 85-90 daily flights on most days. Not sure when that takes effect.


It's already started. Roughly 80-85 departures per day currently.

In May, 5 days a week will see 85 departures. Tuesdays and Saturdays have 22 (No Eagle flying those days).
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way
 
alasizon
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:44 pm

Maverick623 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
Maverick623 wrote:

Those are part of the reduction of flying in the coming week. Shouldn't see anymore planned cancellations tomorrow.

Looks like a net reduction of ~50 flights per day (both mainline and regional) loaded for April so far. That's about 17% of flights.


PHX will average about 85-90 daily flights on most days. Not sure when that takes effect.


It's already started. Roughly 80-85 departures per day currently.

In May, 5 days a week will see 85 departures. Tuesdays and Saturdays have 22 (No Eagle flying those days).


Also no non-hub flying on Tue/Sat for Mainline.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent
 
austwin
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Thanks for the answers. I know have an idea of how great the reduction is.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 10

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos