Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BA744PHX

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:33 pm

cathay747 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
LH/EW has pushed FRA-PHX-FRA to start October 25th. I find it interesting this is the only route announced for 2020 they are still attempting to launch. Either way cant wait for their arrival

If I were you, I'd hold off blowing up balloons and chilling champagne for the inaugural. IMHO I think they'd be nuts to still try launching a new route this year, especially given our current big spike of COVID in AZ. I don't see many German/Euro tourists wanting to come here, even by late Oct.

I know, thats why I'm surprised they keep extended the start date

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:54 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
LH/EW has pushed FRA-PHX-FRA to start October 25th. I find it interesting this is the only route announced for 2020 they are still attempting to launch. Either way cant wait for their arrival

If I were you, I'd hold off blowing up balloons and chilling champagne for the inaugural. IMHO I think they'd be nuts to still try launching a new route this year, especially given our current big spike of COVID in AZ. I don't see many German/Euro tourists wanting to come here, even by late Oct.

They're hedging their bets. I don't think the route will ever start, to be honest. I think they'll extend it again and then just cancel. LH can't afford it.

cathay747

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:45 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

They're hedging their bets. I don't think the route will ever start, to be honest. I think they'll extend it again and then just cancel. LH can't afford it.

I used to think it would simply be stupid to start it, but now with the huge bailout they've just gotten and the strings attached to it (particularly the slot surrenders), I am ready to agree w/you that it won't happen.
Try a Little VC-10derness

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:54 pm

cathay747 wrote:
I used to think it would simply be stupid to start it, but now with the huge bailout they've just gotten and the strings attached to it (particularly the slot surrenders), I am ready to agree w/you that it won't happen.

Unfortunately Lufthansa and Phoenix are sort of like that couple that could never make things work because the timing was always lousy. I think Lufthansa will finally come back eventually, but I think it's probably more likely to happen late in this decade at the earliest. It's going to take until the middle of this decade for most airlines to turn things around after all of this, so I just can't see it happening before then. The wave of fleet retirements alone will take most of the 2020s to shift back into a growth strategy.

I think PHX has bigger concerns on its plate, especially if AA declares bankruptcy. Every airport will see negative growth for the next couple of years at least, but if AA sinks into more financial trouble, I think PHX is likely to be right-sized again. WN should pretty hold steady, as should the other carriers, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fairly substantial cuts from AA. Not catastrophic, but it will hurt. Fortunately I think the airport is in a really good position operationally — being down to two terminals and getting closer to finishing some pretty major capital projects should prepare the airport pretty well for when growth does return.

Mboyle1988

Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:34 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

Unfortunately Lufthansa and Phoenix are sort of like that couple that could never make things work because the timing was always lousy. I think Lufthansa will finally come back eventually, but I think it's probably more likely to happen late in this decade at the earliest. It's going to take until the middle of this decade for most airlines to turn things around after all of this, so I just can't see it happening before then. The wave of fleet retirements alone will take most of the 2020s to shift back into a growth strategy.

I think PHX has bigger concerns on its plate, especially if AA declares bankruptcy. Every airport will see negative growth for the next couple of years at least, but if AA sinks into more financial trouble, I think PHX is likely to be right-sized again. WN should pretty hold steady, as should the other carriers, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some fairly substantial cuts from AA. Not catastrophic, but it will hurt. Fortunately I think the airport is in a really good position operationally — being down to two terminals and getting closer to finishing some pretty major capital projects should prepare the airport pretty well for when growth does return.

PHX isn’t a big connecting hub. Even AA has 60% of its passengers O and D. WN is like 80% I believe. WN has declared they intend to grow in PHX, DEN, and BNA. If AA draws down PHX, I believe WN will add flights. It won’t be 1:1 but there isn’t a whole lot of connecting traffic to begin with.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:53 pm

Mboyle1988 wrote:
PHX isn’t a big connecting hub. Even AA has 60% of its passengers O and D. WN is like 80% I believe. WN has declared they intend to grow in PHX, DEN, and BNA. If AA draws down PHX, I believe WN will add flights. It won’t be 1:1 but there isn’t a whole lot of connecting traffic to begin with.

That's assuming WN has the ability to grow. Their growth has been extremely constrained for the past few years. Once the MAX returns to service, it will help, but honestly it won't put them that much further ahead of where they were before they retired the classics. They've got a big network, so they'll probably focus their growth initially on where they feel they can be most profitable. That may or may not include PHX in their growth plans for a while.

jplatts

Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:50 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

That's assuming WN has the ability to grow. Their growth has been extremely constrained for the past few years. Once the MAX returns to service, it will help, but honestly it won't put them that much further ahead of where they were before they retired the classics. They've got a big network, so they'll probably focus their growth initially on where they feel they can be most profitable. That may or may not include PHX in their growth plans for a while.

There are only a few remaining WN destinations in the contiguous U.S. without nonstop service out of PHX on WN that have nonstop service out of PHX on airlines such as BOS, CLT, GRR, LBB, MAF, TUS, DCA, and IAD.

TUS is too close to PHX for WN to consider serving TUS nonstop from PHX with TUS being only 110 miles from PHX. WN also already offers 1-stop connecting service to TUS from SEA, PDX, GEG, BOI, RNO, OAK, SJC, SFO, SMF, and SLC through LAS or LAX. There is no need for WN to operate PHX-TUS nonstop service with WN being able to connect passengers to TUS through LAX, LAS, DEN, and MDW.

WN re-adding PHX-BOS nonstop service might be a possibility as WN was able to fill PHX-BOS nonstop flights back when WN operated PHX-BOS nonstop service. WN also had better load factors on BOS-PHX in 2011 and 2012 than it did on BOS-ATL/CMH/IND/MCI/MKE in 2019, with WN having over 90% load factors on the PHX-BOS route in 2011 and 2012.

Even with PHX and CLT both being AA hubs and former US hubs, WN adding PHX-CLT nonstop service is a possibility with CLT being one of the top destinations that WN doesn't currently serve nonstop out of CLT and with Greater Charlotte being the third largest metro area in the contiguous U.S. (after NYC and Greater Boston) that doesn't currently have nonstop service out of PHX on WN.

WN is unlikely to add PHX-LBB and PHX-MAF nonstop service with LBB and MAF both being in smaller markets than any of the contiguous U.S. markets that WN currently serves nonstop from PHX. WN is also dropping DEN-LBB nonstop service due to load factors being much weaker on DEN-LBB than on most of the other WN nonstop routes out of DEN.

While AA has nonstop service to DCA from PHX due to beyond-perimeter slot exceptions, WN adding PHX-DCA nonstop service will not happen without WN acquiring extra DCA beyond-perimeter slot exemptions as PHX is located outside of the DCA perimeter.

While BWI is close enough to Downtown DC for those traveling to Downtown DC from Greater Phoenix, WN adding PHX-IAD nonstop service might be a possibility with DCA being perimeter-restricted, WN unable to serve DCA nonstop from PHX without acquiring extra beyond-perimeter slot exemptions, and IAD being almost 60 miles west of BWI.

WN adding PHX-GRR nonstop service might be a possibility if AA drops PHX-GRR nonstop service as AA had been able to make GRR-PHX nonstop service work seasonally before the COVID-19 pandemic. WN was also able to make daily nonstop service work to MCO, TPA, and RSW from GRR on a seasonal basis (at least before the COVID-19 pandemic), and WN also has a FF base in Greater Phoenix and Southern California to support possible nonstop service to GRR from PHX.

The return of daily WN nonstop service to CVG from PHX is also a possibility with AA and F9 both having already discontinued CVG-PHX nonstop service, with AA not resuming CVG-PHX nonstop service in December 2020, and with WN being able to make daily CVG-PHX nonstop service work in Spring 2018 and Spring 2019.

Osubuckeyes

Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:13 am

atcsundevil wrote:
Mboyle1988 wrote:

They've added MEM, SJD and LGB this falls and winter along with additional frequency to some core markets they are strong in (and go head to head with AA) in their latest schedule extension. The MAX will definitely help, but it also remains to be seen for they retreat from other markets to focus on BNA, DEN and PHX as another poster stated. We'll see what sticks, and what gets added in the next big extension. It seems things are still relatively fluid for the time being.

KFTG

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:15 am

Why is it okay for AA to operate PHX-TUS, but not WN?

jplatts

Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 am

KFTG wrote:
Why is it okay for AA to operate PHX-TUS, but not WN?

There is no real need for WN to serve TUS nonstop from PHX when WN already serves LAS, LAX, SAN, DEN, and MDW nonstop from TUS and when WN can already connect passengers to TUS from most of its contiguous U.S. destinations through LAS, LAX, DEN, or MDW.

HNL-OGG, HNL-LIH, and OGG-KOA are the only WN nonstop routes that are shorter than PHX-TUS, but all three of these nonstop routes are all interisland Hawaii routes.

There is a reason why WN doesn't operate nonstop routes within the contiguous U.S. that are shorter than MDW-GRR such as BWI-RIC, MDW-MKE, or PHX-TUS. WN is also reducing MDW-GRR from 3 daily nonstops to 1 daily nonstop starting on November 1st, and WN is also discontinuing MDW-IND nonstop service on October 31st.

Most of the shortest WN nonstop routes within the contiguous U.S. such as MDW-GRR, AUS-HOU, and ATL-GSP have a high percentage of connecting passengers, with MDW-GRR and ATL-GSP both having over 97% of passengers connecting to other destinations and AUS-HOU having approximately 88.5% of passengers connecting to other destinations.

WN has also already dropped a few nonstop routes such as MDW-DSM, DAL-OKC, and GSP-BNA that had a high percentage of connecting passengers.

It does not make sense for WN to add PHX-TUS nonstop service as WN would probably have very little O&D traffic on PHX and TUS and as WN is already able to connect passengers to TUS from most of its other contiguous U.S. destinations through other cities.

BA744PHX

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:42 pm

Well random B6 announcement, EWR-PHX begins August 6th, twice daily. I find this stranger as they barely operate PHX once daily

MO11

Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:16 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
Well random B6 announcement, EWR-PHX begins August 6th, twice daily. I find this stranger as they barely operate PHX once daily

Maybe not. AA, UA, and F9 left the market in March and April, leaving it with no service until UA resumes one daily flight next month. B6 could be seeing an opportunity, or could be rolling the dice since the AA and UA schedules for August haven't been loaded.

INFINITI329

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:01 pm

MO11 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Maybe not. AA, UA, and F9 left the market in March and April, leaving it with no service until UA resumes one daily flight next month. B6 could be seeing an opportunity, or could be rolling the dice since the AA and UA schedules for August haven't been loaded.

F9 is resuming in November, but by B6 starting in August that remains to be seen if the resumption will happen. The one benefit over F9 and AA is that like UA, B6 can offer onward connections in EWR, even though they are after mostly the O&D traffic

jplatts

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:10 pm

WN re-adding daily nonstop service to CVG from PHX is a possibility with F9 and AA both having already dropped PHX-CVG nonstop service and with WN being able to make daily nonstop service to CVG from PHX work in Spring 2018 and Spring 2019.

Here are the load factors for WN CVG-PHX nonstop service in Spring 2018 and Spring 2019:
Spring 2018 - 88.61%
Spring 2019 - 89.83%

WN also has a FF base in Greater Phoenix and Southern California to support the return of daily nonstop service to PHX from CVG. WN can also probably get better yields on CVG-PHX nonstop service once demand and fares return to normal levels with F9 and AA no longer serving PHX nonstop from CVG.

PhilMcCrackin

Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:36 pm

I'm not concerned if AA reduces PHX. As long as the economy is improving, someone will jump in to fill that void.

BA744PHX

Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:51 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
MO11 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

F9 is resuming in November, but by B6 starting in August that remains to be seen if the resumption will happen. The one benefit over F9 and AA is that like UA, B6 can offer onward connections in EWR, even though they are after mostly the O&D traffic

AA resumes PHX-EWR August 5th and UA already have flights loaded, however its probably a shell schedule. It's nice they are adding in PHX, but it could be more beneficial to connect California LGB/OAK or even adding MCO.

INFINITI329

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:10 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
MO11 wrote:

AA resumes PHX-EWR August 5th and UA already have flights loaded, however its probably a shell schedule. It's nice they are adding in PHX, but it could be more beneficial to connect California LGB/OAK or even adding MCO.

I always thought B6 could have run an E190 between LGB-PHX. when the market was wide open. With WN hoping on the route I don't know if they would be able to hang, they might be able. OAK, not a chance they'll get slaughtered by WN. MCO I could see happening especially seeing how B6 doesn't connect FLL-MCO.

tphuang

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:11 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
MO11 wrote:

Neither UA/AA have loaded in their changes yet. I think the calculus here is that AA will try to bring back JFK-PHX to pre-COVID capacity as soon as it can and EWR-PHX will be reduced signfiicantly. After all, AA doesn't operate on EWR-LAX.

At this point, I'm not sure if FLL-PHX will come back for B6. EWR is a more important station for B6 than MCO

INFINITI329

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:20 pm

tphuang wrote:
At this point, I'm not sure if FLL-PHX will come back for B6. EWR is a more important station for B6 than MCO

It will be dependent on when the Caribbean resorts reopen and when cruises start sailing again. MCO is definitely more important than EWR for Jetblue.

tphuang

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:09 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

It will be dependent on when the Caribbean resorts reopen and when cruises start sailing again. MCO is definitely more important than EWR for Jetblue.

Nope, EWR is definitely more important and it will be larger than MCO for at least the next couple of years. They'd get killed on MCO-PHX.

allegiantflyer

Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 pm

It also looks like B6 will be switching to the daytime BOS flight on 12/18 however it goes back to the redeye in June, I suppose its possible they may be interested in adding that second fails BOS after all?

If B6 went ahead with a second BOS flight, with addition to the EWR adds, B6would have grown at PHX at about 200% in a couple of years, although that's not entirely difficult given that for years they only had the 2 flights a day to JFK and BOS, but does put into perspective their reach to be a leader in East Coast markets.

Should have done LGB with the 190 when the market was wide open

highflier92660

Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Can anyone fill-in the blanks on a single-aircraft, quasi-executive shuttle called Set Jet based in Scottsdale? Their website-- which may have been constructed some time ago-- sounds fanciful at best with multiple aircraft and routes they are not currently flying. Note the unrealistically low membership and monthly fees. Interestingly enough, the founder of Set Jet was also a co-founder of Scottsdale-based Taser International; now known as Axon Enterprise, Inc. Their website: https://www.setjet.com

MO11

Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:56 am

highflier92660 wrote:
Can anyone fill-in the blanks on a single-aircraft, quasi-executive shuttle called Set Jet based in Scottsdale? Their website-- which may have been constructed some time ago-- sounds fanciful at best with multiple aircraft and routes they are not currently flying. Note the unrealistically low membership and monthly fees. Interestingly enough, the founder of Set Jet was also a co-founder of Scottsdale-based Taser International; now known as Axon Enterprise, Inc. Their website: https://www.setjet.com

It was supposed to be a membership-based public charter operation. I don't think it ever truly got off the ground. It has a CRJ 200 (N480SJ) and a Challenger 850 (N702SJ); both were operated by Maine Aviation, but the latter is no longer active 135. I believe it was originally JetPurple AirwayZ (you can still find press releases at http://www.jetpurple.com), but was enjoined from using that name after a complaint from JetBlue. I seem to recall JetPurple originally planned to operate a more traditional commuter service from Scottsdale to Rocky Point and Las Vegas using Jetstreams.

MIflyer12

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:07 am

allegiantflyer wrote:
If B6 went ahead with a second BOS flight, with addition to the EWR adds, B6would have grown at PHX at about 200% in a couple of years, although that's not entirely difficult given that for years they only had the 2 flights a day to JFK and BOS, but does put into perspective their reach to be a leader in East Coast markets.

Rates of growth on a very small starting number don't mean much. AA is the undisputed leader in frequency PHX-East Coast, whether that's NYC, BOS, WAS or MIA/FLL. WN, for its position in PHX, doesn't seem to be trying very hard to East Coast markets.

MrPeanut

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:24 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

I always thought B6 could have run an E190 between LGB-PHX. when the market was wide open. With WN hoping on the route I don't know if they would be able to hang, they might be able. OAK, not a chance they'll get slaughtered by WN. MCO I could see happening especially seeing how B6 doesn't connect FLL-MCO.

I am also surprised that B6 never tried a LGB-PHX route. However, the restrictions at LGB and weak brand name in the west hurt their LGB experiment. It’s safe to say that since B6 has returned a significant portion of their LGB slots, a LGB-PHX route will never be flown on B6.

jplatts

Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:48 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Rates of growth on a very small starting number don't mean much. AA is the undisputed leader in frequency PHX-East Coast, whether that's NYC, BOS, WAS or MIA/FLL. WN, for its position in PHX, doesn't seem to be trying very hard to East Coast markets.

WN currently has 3 daily nonstops to BWI from PHX, and AA normally operates 3 daily nonstops to DCA from PHX. WN has significant market share on the PHX-WAS route with the amount of nonstop service that it has to BWI from PHX.

BA744PHX

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:22 pm

AA will operate the B789 on PHX-HNL-PHX from 11/19/20-03/27/21, I wasnt able to find if this was coming from ORD or CLT. Generally it originated in CLT as A333

alasizon

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:11 am

BA744PHX wrote:
AA will operate the B789 on PHX-HNL-PHX from 11/19/20-03/27/21, I wasnt able to find if this was coming from ORD or CLT. Generally it originated in CLT as A333

I wouldn't read much into the domestic widebody schedules right now. November probably won't be finalized until middle of Aug/ealy Sep.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

Maverick623

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:12 am

BA744PHX wrote:

Likely ORD. CLT is scheduled to be a 777 base. The only 787 bases are ORD, DFW, and LAX.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

BA744PHX

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:07 am

alasizon wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

I wouldn't read much into the domestic widebody schedules right now. November probably won't be finalized until middle of Aug/ealy Sep.

I would normally agree, however the 789 was never a scheduled AC into PHX, this was loaded as the 333 in previous years

Ishrion

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:12 am

BA744PHX wrote:
alasizon wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

I would normally agree, however the 789 was never a scheduled AC into PHX, this was loaded as the 333 in previous years

The 789 was scheduled once. DFW-PHX-DFW on December 1, 2019.

Still, don’t bet on it.

alasizon

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:22 am

BA744PHX wrote:
alasizon wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

My point more so is that the domestic widebody flying is quite a bit up in the air so even with it being loaded on a 789; I would expect it to be downgauged back down to NEOs particularly since nobody knows where Hawaii is going to be at in terms of openness come November; that being said, widebodies are still needed on the PHX-DFW side for the winter.

I personally hope it is a 789 as that will allow AA to take even more cargo than the 333 did but I just don't see the market being big enough this Nov/Dec; perhaps by January it'll be in a better position.

colemcandrew

Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:03 am

2 RAAF KC-30 flew in today from Honolulu. They'll be dragging the 4 Aussie F-35s at Luke home. Managed to get out for them.
Cant seem to attach the photos

classicjets

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:32 am

MO11 wrote:
highflier92660 wrote:

It was supposed to be a membership-based public charter operation. I don't think it ever truly got off the ground. It has a CRJ 200 (N480SJ) and a Challenger 850 (N702SJ); both were operated by Maine Aviation, but the latter is no longer active 135. I believe it was originally JetPurple AirwayZ (you can still find press releases at http://www.jetpurple.com), but was enjoined from using that name after a complaint from JetBlue. I seem to recall JetPurple originally planned to operate a more traditional commuter service from Scottsdale to Rocky Point and Las Vegas using Jetstreams.

I recently joined and used their services. Flights are presently operated by N96AP and were being operated by N888WU until it had a hydraulic problem in LAX last month and has only flown back to SCF since then. N602SJ was sitting at SCF too, but it doesn't look like it has flown in a long time. The crews were from MAC Air Group. The “low" $99 monthly fee only gives you the right to book on their flights which are all between $449 and $499 one way. They also charge a $99 initiation/security check fee. They are currently operating LAX/SNA/LAS/SAN-SCF and using FBO terminals at the outstations and have their own terminal at SCF. Most routes 2-3 times a week, no flights on Wednesdays. My flight was full to capacity and the inbound looked to have a similar load. The planes have really nice interiors with 15 seats and good service, though I have cancelled my membership since I don't anticipate flying any more of their routes anytime soon.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:06 pm

colemcandrew wrote:
2 RAAF KC-30 flew in today from Honolulu. They'll be dragging the 4 Aussie F-35s at Luke home. Managed to get out for them.
Cant seem to attach the photos

You can't upload photos to the forum. The easiest way would be to post the images to a website (like Flickr, for example) and include links to the images.

travaz

Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:39 pm

I flew PHX LAS Tuesday July 7 about 17: 00 and the A gates were packed. There were very few seats. My plane had about 50 empty seats, (A320). I guess they have consolidated ops in the A gates so that could account for the crowds. On arrival into LAS the Airport was empty. We arrived at the D gates and were the only flight in the Terminal.

alasizon

Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:27 pm

travaz wrote:
I flew PHX LAS Tuesday July 7 about 17: 00 and the A gates were packed. There were very few seats. My plane had about 50 empty seats, (A320). I guess they have consolidated ops in the A gates so that could account for the crowds. On arrival into LAS the Airport was empty. We arrived at the D gates and were the only flight in the Terminal.

AA hasn't consolidated at all, every gate is occupied on the AM and PM banks.

chrisair

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Any insight in to how busy T3 is these days?

cathay747

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:14 pm

chrisair wrote:

Well, one thing is missing and that's HA...they're now scheduled to resume PHX-HNL on 01AUG (with inbound obviously on 31JUL), and interestingly, as of now anyway, GDS shows it with a 321n thru 16AUG then back to a 332.
Try a Little VC-10derness

alasizon

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:40 pm

chrisair wrote:

T3N is mostly dead in the middle of the day; T3S is busier than T3N but F9 often has 2-3 early RONs and DL has some long ground times.

BA744PHX

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:04 pm

It looks like for the month of August, B6 flights to JFK & FLL will be daytime before reverting back to night flights

B6 #1158 Departs 10:20AM to FLL
B6 #1302 Departs 01:00PM to JFK

BOS & EWR will both have day and night flights

flyboy7974

Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am

Maverick623 wrote:
BA744PHX wrote:

Likely ORD. CLT is scheduled to be a 777 base. The only 787 bases are ORD, DFW, and LAX.

Don’t forget PHL is a 787 base as well.

1337Delta764

Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:58 am

Here is some info on the elevator/escalator/walkway modernization at T4:
https://solicitations.phoenix.gov/Solic ... entId=4443

Page 13 shows specifically which ones will be modernized.

It appears ThyssenKrupp, KONE, and Schindler are participating in this RFP based on the sign-in sheet (in a separate document), with Otis sitting out. The last modernization project at T4 was done by ThyssenKrupp.

alasizon

Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:45 am

1337Delta764 wrote:

It appears ThyssenKrupp, KONE, and Schindler are participating in this RFP based on the sign-in sheet (in a separate document), with Otis sitting out. The last modernization project at T4 was done by ThyssenKrupp.

I'm surprised at the prioritization putting the B1 escalators at a higher priority than walkways 5-8, one of those goes down on a daily basis at a minimum.

AntonioMartin

Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:41 am

PHXWRLD wrote:
Doug Parker and AA has long neglected their loyal, faithful PHX hub. As soon as Doug gets the boot, which hopefully happens very soon, I think PHX will get what it deserves with flights to many of the cities that work from DFW and LAX such as MAD, CDG, FRA, NRT, and SYD. Especially SYD and NRT need to happen as the market for them was proven 30 years ago when our hometown carrier flew daily 747s to both. Today, the PHX market is much bigger and there would be connections at both ends.

I could wish....

One thing through: PHX never had nonstops to Sydney. I dont think any carrier ever flew PHX-SYD TBH.

Vctony

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:55 am

I’m surprised the moving walkways between N1 and N2 aren’t a higher priority. I know they need to remove walkway 17 for the N2 to S2 connector bridge so I figured they’d do all of the work on those walkways first, especially since it appears they may need to remove / reconfigure walkway 18 as well.

BA744PHX

Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:50 pm

B6 has updated their October schedule for PHX
JFK at 2 daily starting October 1st, complimenting 2 daily EWR
BOS at 2 daily until October 23 then back to single over night
FLL stays 5 weekly

BA744PHX

Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:00 pm

AntonioMartin wrote:
PHXWRLD wrote:
Doug Parker and AA has long neglected their loyal, faithful PHX hub. As soon as Doug gets the boot, which hopefully happens very soon, I think PHX will get what it deserves with flights to many of the cities that work from DFW and LAX such as MAD, CDG, FRA, NRT, and SYD. Especially SYD and NRT need to happen as the market for them was proven 30 years ago when our hometown carrier flew daily 747s to both. Today, the PHX market is much bigger and there would be connections at both ends.

I could wish....

One thing through: PHX never had nonstops to Sydney. I dont think any carrier ever flew PHX-SYD TBH.

No carrier has flown scheduled TYO/SYD-PHX

NRT is likely however on JL in the next few years, both DEN & MSP both have TYO flights and have roughly the same PDEW as PHX
FRA not likely has both EW & DE fly this route
CDG I think AF would be ideal then AA
SYD not likely, if this would ever happen QF would be most likely at least 5-10+ years from now
MAD the market is to small, BCN barely has 25 PDEW,

1337Delta764

Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:41 pm

BTW, I think the elevators in T3 I think were modernized twice. I recall the T3 elevators used to having the same hall lanterns as T4, but the hall lanterns were changed after the T3 remodel (the buttons inside were also changed due to reconfiguration of the floors).

hondah35

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:40 pm

alasizon wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

I'm surprised at the prioritization putting the B1 escalators at a higher priority than walkways 5-8, one of those goes down on a daily basis at a minimum.

Agreed, I would think that all 4 of those walkways are approaching the end of their serviceable life

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos