MO11

Re: Phoenix Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:55 pm

Looks like open time. LHR-PHL has a 16+ hour layover at PHL before going to SJU the next morning. Plenty of time to fit the PHX turnaround. It looks like CLT-LAS loses the A330 on the same schedule.

Maverick623

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:04 pm

ericm2031 wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
This is on routesonline this morning...another AA widebody (short-term though)!

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-in-1q20/

I wonder how long ago this was loaded. If recent, I wonder if this is due to planes being pulled from China.

A330s don't operate to China, only 777s and 787s.
"PHX is Phoenix, PDX is the other city" -777Way

ericm2031

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Maverick623 wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
This is on routesonline this morning...another AA widebody (short-term though)!

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-in-1q20/

I wonder how long ago this was loaded. If recent, I wonder if this is due to planes being pulled from China.

I know that...but they can put the 787 on an A330 route and move the A330 to PHX since PHX doesn't see regular 787 service.

Ishrion

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:15 pm

ericm2031 wrote:
Maverick623 wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:

I know that...but they can put the 787 on an A330 route and move the A330 to PHX since PHX doesn't see regular 787 service.

They’re highly likely going to be loading in some widebody shuffling over the weekend.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see things such as upguages on the DFW/LAX-TYO flights to transfer passengers onto China, if there are still flights left by then.

Wingtips56

Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:26 am

Is there a firm timeline on how long China flights may be suspended? If not, I don't see much schedule shuffling as there is (a) no time to market new flights, and (b) China schedules could resume but would need the shuffled equipment back. I could only see one-off aircraft upgauging day by day in some markets that already see those aircraft; e.g., they aren't going to put a 787 on a DFW-SMF run when SMF is not practiced or supplied (parts, etc.) for the equipment. Otherwise, some aircraft will just enjoy some down time.
Worked for WestAir, Apollo Airways, Desert Pacific, Western, AirCal and American Airlines (Retired). Flight Memory: 181 airports, 92 airlines, 78 a/c types, 403 routes, 58 countries (by air), 6 continents. 1,119,414 passenger miles.

Home airport : CEC

cathay747

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Wingtips56 wrote:
Is there a firm timeline on how long China flights may be suspended? If not, I don't see much schedule shuffling as there is (a) no time to market new flights, and (b) China schedules could resume but would need the shuffled equipment back. I could only see one-off aircraft upgauging day by day in some markets that already see those aircraft; e.g., they aren't going to put a 787 on a DFW-SMF run when SMF is not practiced or supplied (parts, etc.) for the equipment. Otherwise, some aircraft will just enjoy some down time.

The service suspensions by the US3 announced up to now are speculative as to the ending date, I think it's fair to say. "Best guess" on the part of the airlines, based, as I heard on NBC Nightly News, on guidance from CDC.

And I don't think we're talking about "schedule shuffling" but rather equipment shuffling...upgauging certain flights to widebodies that are demonstrating heavy demand.

As to aircraft "enjoying down time" it was said in another thread (I forget which one) that United at least is considering, or maybe actually planning at this point, on doing a deep-clean/decontamination on those aircraft, which apparently can take up to 24hrs. So I could see that during this China suspension they, and probably AA & DL too, might rotate all their widebodies thru such a process. I think it would be prudent given that CDC and WHO have now been saying that the virus can linger on surfaces for a good while.
Try a Little VC-10derness

cathay747

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:27 pm

MO11 wrote:
Looks like open time. LHR-PHL has a 16+ hour layover at PHL before going to SJU the next morning. Plenty of time to fit the PHX turnaround. It looks like CLT-LAS loses the A330 on the same schedule.

Makes perfect sense. Why let a widebody sit idle for so long when they could upgauge a popular route with seemingly high demand and shift the narrowbody to a market where they can use it as a sub for a grounded MAX?

alasizon

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:48 pm

cathay747 wrote:
MO11 wrote:

Makes perfect sense. Why let a widebody sit idle for so long when they could upgauge a popular route with seemingly high demand and shift the narrowbody to a market where they can use it as a sub for a grounded MAX?

The 330 already had this scheduled down time and that likely was originally going to be used for a MX touch which is why it hadn't been upgauged. Changes in 330 fleet routing have nothing to do with China since they didnt fly there. My guess is this is an attempt to get another MX touch in CLT before sending it on the CLT-PHX-HNL run as the 330 reliability has not been good the past three to four weeks with them getting stuck in HNL or PHX repeatedly.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

MO11

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:43 pm

alasizon wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
MO11 wrote:

The 330 already had this scheduled down time and that likely was originally going to be used for a MX touch which is why it hadn't been upgauged. Changes in 330 fleet routing have nothing to do with China since they didnt fly there. My guess is this is an attempt to get another MX touch in CLT before sending it on the CLT-PHX-HNL run as the 330 reliability has not been good the past three to four weeks with them getting stuck in HNL or PHX repeatedly.

Indeed. I'm guessing the LHR-CLT plane will get the MX touch on an extended layover (in lieu of the LAS turn) before heading for PHX-HNL the next morning

cathay747

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm

Hey guys...I was watching YouTube vids this weekend of a new guy "Gear Up" (maybe it's one of you?? LOL) with great PHX spotting vids, and what caught my eye and surprised the hell out of me was where he caught several PrimeAir 763's either coming in from or going to ANC! I know Amazon has at least one rather large distribution center here, but I was just shocked to see they're running flights to/from ANC! Partly because I wouldn't have thought that Alaska was a Prime "delivery area" like so many things which have the disclaimer about HI and AK being excluded for obvious reasons. Anybody have any more info about this? PHX is their closest distrib. center for AK???

Vctony

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:07 pm

UA is now in T3N.

EA CO AS

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Vctony wrote:
UA is now in T3N.

Do we have photos yet?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

sprxUSA

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:06 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Hey guys...I was watching YouTube vids this weekend of a new guy "Gear Up" (maybe it's one of you?? LOL) with great PHX spotting vids, and what caught my eye and surprised the hell out of me was where he caught several PrimeAir 763's either coming in from or going to ANC! I know Amazon has at least one rather large distribution center here, but I was just shocked to see they're running flights to/from ANC! Partly because I wouldn't have thought that Alaska was a Prime "delivery area" like so many things which have the disclaimer about HI and AK being excluded for obvious reasons. Anybody have any more info about this? PHX is their closest distrib. center for AK???

Without looking at ANC ,I would assume they use ANC same way as every other cargo operator there. Refuel, recrew, cross load, etc.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

cathay747

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:21 pm

sprxUSA wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

Without looking at ANC ,I would assume they use ANC same way as every other cargo operator there. Refuel, recrew, cross load, etc.

Unless Amazon is now also running PrimeAir to Asia and I don't know about that either, then no, that's not it.

cathay747

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:22 pm

Vctony wrote:
UA is now in T3N.

For whom the bell tolls...it tolls for T2.

PhilMcCrackin

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 am

cathay747 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

Unless Amazon is now also running PrimeAir to Asia and I don't know about that either, then no, that's not it.

You're positive Amazon isn't picking up product in Asia to bring back to its warehouses here in the US?

chrisair

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:46 am

Sad to see T2 officially close. Was able to run by after I landed today and got to see the mural and the Phoenix with the compass in the floor. T3 looks nice, but I still haven't been airside in the new terminal. Seems weird. Will be weird to have to add time for security now too.

alasizon wrote:
My guess is this is an attempt to get another MX touch in CLT before sending it on the CLT-PHX-HNL run as the 330 reliability has not been good the past three to four weeks with them getting stuck in HNL or PHX repeatedly.

Speaking of broken A330s, there's one nestled amongst the A321s and 757s at the AA hangar. Not sure what happened to it, but it's been there since I landed last Friday, on an AA A330 from CLT.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:57 am

Any word on the new United Club? Is it opening with the new concourse, or will the opening come later?

hz747300

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:35 am

chrisair wrote:
Sad to see T2 officially close. Was able to run by after I landed today and got to see the mural and the Phoenix with the compass in the floor. T3 looks nice, but I still haven't been airside in the new terminal. Seems weird. Will be weird to have to add time for security now too.

alasizon wrote:
My guess is this is an attempt to get another MX touch in CLT before sending it on the CLT-PHX-HNL run as the 330 reliability has not been good the past three to four weeks with them getting stuck in HNL or PHX repeatedly.

Speaking of broken A330s, there's one nestled amongst the A321s and 757s at the AA hangar. Not sure what happened to it, but it's been there since I landed last Friday, on an AA A330 from CLT.

Didn't the airport say they are keeping the mural?

Re: Security in T3. I flew out of there last week on Spirit, and for security us non-fast trackers had to walk past a dog. What's he sniffing for? Coronavirus? Diabetes? Narcotics? Cash? They didn't say. They just said walk past him at a normal pace.
Keep on truckin'...

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:17 pm

hz747300 wrote:
Didn't the airport say they are keeping the mural?

Re: Security in T3. I flew out of there last week on Spirit, and for security us non-fast trackers had to walk past a dog. What's he sniffing for? Coronavirus? Diabetes? Narcotics? Cash? They didn't say. They just said walk past him at a normal pace.

Yes, they will be preserving the mural.

TSA/DHS has quite a few explosive detection dogs, so that's likely what you saw. TSA doesn't act in a law enforcement capacity, so they'd have no reason to utilize dogs for narcotics or currency.

CBP is law enforcement, so they deploy a range of dogs for narcotics, currency, and explosives, as well as agriculture detection dogs (they're easy to tell the difference because they're usually beagles).

cathay747

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:59 pm

PhilMcCrackin wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:

You're positive Amazon isn't picking up product in Asia to bring back to its warehouses here in the US?

No I'm not, hence why I said "Unless Amazon is now also running PrimeAir to Asia and I don't know about that either". But given their fleet size & the utilization I sort of know about, that strikes me as being odd that they'd run empty ferries over to Asia to pick up products? Not saying it's impossible, but seems unlikely to me.

Osubuckeyes

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:05 pm

chrisair wrote:

Honestly, I don't think you'll have to add much time most of the day... Over the past couple years both with and before I had pre-check they only ever had 1-2 lanes open, and things were pretty much a breeze. The only time of day I can see being an issue is between 6-8am, but IIRC they have considerable lane capacity if they want to utilize it.

Just as a general comment I find PHX to be pretty much the best airport when it comes to having consistently low security wait times. Occasionally, I get annoyed at how terrible CLE can be in comparison at certain times.

cathay747

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Just learned that apparently yesterday, JSX announced new service PHX/SNA! YAY!!! Will begin 03MAR. It's on their website.

chrisair

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 am

Osubuckeyes wrote:
Honestly, I don't think you'll have to add much time most of the day... Over the past couple years both with and before I had pre-check they only ever had 1-2 lanes open, and things were pretty much a breeze. The only time of day I can see being an issue is between 6-8am, but IIRC they have considerable lane capacity if they want to utilize it.

Good info. I’m usually on a 7a Alaska flight, so I’ll have to learn my new routine. I agree with your comment about security generally being pretty good at PHX. Except last Sunday at 830p. No PreCheck except A and lines to the metal roll down gates. It was faster to go through Clear/Pre at A and hike back to the low C than wait in the C security line even with Clear.

atcsundevil wrote:
Any word on the new United Club? Is it opening with the new concourse, or will the opening come later?

No UA club now. It’s “coming eventually” (or so they say).

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:30 pm

chrisair wrote:

I had a few people message me and say that it is in the works. More specific info just isn't public, so I won't share it. The delay is a bit surprising to me though. The fits and finishes on a place that's only a few thousand square feet really shouldn't take more than a couple of months at most, but it appears it will take quite a bit longer. All I can figure is that the delay is in waiting on design plans.

Does anyone remember if the Delta Sky Club opened with the F Concourse, or did that have a delayed opening as well? I'm just curious if this is par for the course or if United isn't as on their game.

Osubuckeyes

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:32 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
chrisair wrote:

I had a few people message me and say that it is in the works. More specific info just isn't public, so I won't share it. The delay is a bit surprising to me though. The fits and finishes on a place that's only a few thousand square feet really shouldn't take more than a couple of months at most, but it appears it will take quite a bit longer. All I can figure is that the delay is in waiting on design plans.

Does anyone remember if the Delta Sky Club opened with the F Concourse, or did that have a delayed opening as well? I'm just curious if this is par for the course or if United isn't as on their game.

If I remember right the Delta Club did not open immediately, but it was not long after the F concourse opened, within a week or two.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:37 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
If I remember right the Delta Club did not open immediately, but it was not long after the F concourse opened, within a week or two.

That's what I thought. A short gap is reasonable, but several months is a bit curious. It isn't as if they were unaware this was coming.

Osubuckeyes

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:17 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
Osubuckeyes wrote:

That's what I thought. A short gap is reasonable, but several months is a bit curious. It isn't as if they were unaware this was coming.

According to my buddy who is with a significant contractor down at the airport there is still a ton of work to be done, and while the new concourse is open, there is a lot still going on behind the scenes. Take with a grain of salt as he is not directly on this project, but that may explain some of the delay.

chrisair

Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:57 pm

atcsundevil wrote:
A short gap is reasonable, but several months is a bit curious. It isn't as if they were unaware this was coming.

I wonder if UA was trying to make the business case to build one and they missed the deadline to get it in at the beginning. The UA Club people I talked to did say it was coming, but they didn't make it sound like it would be anytime soon.

Hopefully it'll be in time for the snowman Christmas tree to make an appearance again.

alasizon

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:01 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
atcsundevil wrote:
Osubuckeyes wrote:

According to my buddy who is with a significant contractor down at the airport there is still a ton of work to be done, and while the new concourse is open, there is a lot still going on behind the scenes. Take with a grain of salt as he is not directly on this project, but that may explain some of the delay.

T3N is open but there is still a bunch of work going on for the support spaces, the concessions and the club.

atcsundevil wrote:

To be fair the Centurion/Escape lounge took about a year and a half on N4 but that was also a complete gut and rearrange for a much bigger space. UA would have known that the club was coming since it's not like T3N as a project just suddenly popped up so my guess is either the design got held up for whatever reason or the plan got held at the City level during the review process and UA had to go back and make changes.

TUSPHX

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:48 pm

Anybody know what the Hi Fly A343 was in PHX for?
“The way I see it, you can either work for a living or you can fly airplanes. Me, I’d rather fly.” — Len Morgan

Vctony

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:00 pm

With AS joining Oneworld and the expansion of the AA and AS partnership, any chance they end up moving to T4 to be with AA and BA?

jplatts

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm

Vctony wrote:
With AS joining Oneworld and the expansion of the AA and AS partnership, any chance they end up moving to T4 to be with AA and BA?

AS moving to Terminal 4 might be a possibility as AS would be able to more easily connect passengers onto AA's PHX-Mexico flights if AS moves over to Terminal 4.

wetpantsmcgee

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm

TUSPHX wrote:

Belgian military charter.

910A

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 pm

TUSPHX wrote:

Looks like 9H-SOL went BRU-JFK -PHX-YUM-JFK-BRU. Just wondering why Belgian forces couldn't fly non-stop from BRU-YUM? They have a 13,000ft runway there?

Osubuckeyes

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:45 pm

Vctony wrote:

I know its been said previously in this thread that AA is realllly tight on gates certain times of day. On the other hand AS is only 12 flights, and AC is moving out of T4 so there might be some room.

On a somewhat related note, kind of crazy that AA is willing to risk resources for SEA-BLR but not PHX-TYO.

jplatts

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
.On a somewhat related note, kind of crazy that AA is willing to risk resources for SEA-BLR but not PHX-TYO.

One big difference between SEA-BLR and PHX-TYO is that AA already offers 1-stop connecting options onto its LAX-TYO flights and JL's LAX/SAN/SFO/SEA/YVR-TYO flights from PHX, whereas AA doesn't currently serve BLR.

Another big difference is that it doesn't make sense for SEA-BLR O&D traffic to connect through an AA hub in the U.S as connecting to BLR from SEA through an AA hub in the U.S. is so far out of the way, whereas it might make sense to connect onto a JL flight to TYO out of a West Coast airport from PHX.

alasizon

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:01 pm

Vctony wrote:

Not a chance right now, there simply isn't room for two dedicated AS gates plus sharing others. AS has four RONs plus an early morning arrival from SEA/ANC which would flow right into AA's busiest banks.

There are already plans to connect T3 to T4 airside and build an additional concourse where the AA C-Point facility is today next to taxiway Tango so eventually they won't have to reclear security but as it stands today the number of interline connections in PHX aren't that high.

MO11

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:09 pm

alasizon wrote:

Not a chance right now, there simply isn't room for two dedicated AS gates plus sharing others. AS has four RONs plus an early morning arrival from SEA/ANC which would flow right into AA's busiest banks.

There are already plans to connect T3 to T4 airside and build an additional concourse where the AA C-Point facility is today next to taxiway Tango so eventually they won't have to reclear security but as it stands today the number of interline connections in PHX aren't that high.

Is it a foregone conclusion that Southwest will get the yet-to-be-built gates in the D Concourse?

alasizon

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:17 pm

MO11 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Is it a foregone conclusion that Southwest will get the yet-to-be-built gates in the D Concourse?

Sadly, yes. WN has already committed to them and is footing part of the bill for S1.

The only talk has been about WN releasing some of their gates in S4 (C11-C19) since their utilization is already low but WN has wanted to hold onto the gates and the City has had some second thoughts from my understanding since by WN having all 32 gates on the south side there is no room for AA expansion or further INTL carriers.

There has been talk repeatedly of WN growing to 200-215 departures a day but each time it has stalled at 180ish (currently stalled by the MAX).

I would love to see S4 go all CUTE and get a refresh because it would allow expansion for WS, AA and WN as opposed to the north side just getting more and more crowded which is taxing the space resources as is. Plus, S4 is just in desperate need of a refresh anyhow.

Vctony

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

MO11 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

WN has announced that it will get those gates. My understanding is that WN will have all of the gates in the D concourse and the low C gates (C1-C9) but it may or may not give up some or all of the "high C" gates (C11-C19).

cathay747

Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Osubuckeyes wrote:
Vctony wrote:

I know its been said previously in this thread that AA is realllly tight on gates certain times of day. On the other hand AS is only 12 flights, and AC is moving out of T4 so there might be some room.

On a somewhat related note, kind of crazy that AA is willing to risk resources for SEA-BLR but not PHX-TYO.

Apparently there's a lot of tech companies in the BLR area, so connecting it with the SEA HQ of the "Evil Empire" seems to make sense (and I guess there's other tech in the SEA area besides Microsoft?). Clearly something we don't have yet, at least not to the degree necessary. I am stunned at this development, but sure am thrilled that AS will now be a full tie-in with AAdvantage!!!

Osubuckeyes

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:31 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Osubuckeyes wrote:
Vctony wrote:

Apparently there's a lot of tech companies in the BLR area, so connecting it with the SEA HQ of the "Evil Empire" seems to make sense (and I guess there's other tech in the SEA area besides Microsoft?). Clearly something we don't have yet, at least not to the degree necessary. I am stunned at this development, but sure am thrilled that AS will now be a full tie-in with AAdvantage!!!

I do understand the justifications of such a route. I am a bit surprised at the the aggressiveness of the add, when ULH routes like this tend to be difficult operationally, high risk low reward (in terms of utilization of assets), and unexpected based on the level of feed on really only 1 end of the route. Currently PHX has no Asia connection so it would be a monopoly route to asia and connections beyond via JL with feed opportunity on both ends. The AS piece is interesting because I think the partnership combined with the route to BLR may wrestle key corporate contracts away from DL and into AA/AS's hands. Overall it will be interesting to see how this plays out especially if additional longhaul routes are added from SEA/PDX/SFO with AS feed... I think if that happens we can kiss the possibility of TPAC on AA metal goodbye. Additionally, I would say that raises the chances of JL coming versus AA, and even KE/DL to ICN.

atcsundevil
Topic Author

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:38 am

910A wrote:
TUSPHX wrote:

Looks like 9H-SOL went BRU-JFK -PHX-YUM-JFK-BRU. Just wondering why Belgian forces couldn't fly non-stop from BRU-YUM? They have a 13,000ft runway there?

It's possible that not everyone on board was headed to YUM.

alasizon

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 am

atcsundevil wrote:
910A wrote:
TUSPHX wrote:

It's possible that not everyone on board was headed to YUM.

Quite possible since it was on the ground for quite a while in PHX. Given it was HiFly as well, I'd presume there was also a crew change or two along the way.

cm642

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:35 am

It's already started in the "AS to join OneWorld / AA to make SEA an Intl gateway" thread, if AA and AS merge down the road that means SEA becomes a hub then PHX becomes redundant and will be the first to go blah, blah, blah. Of course I fully expect Delta to retaliate for this one!

AZLiam

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:10 pm

cm642 wrote:
It's already started in the "AS to join OneWorld / AA to make SEA an Intl gateway" thread, if AA and AS merge down the road that means SEA becomes a hub then PHX becomes redundant and will be the first to go blah, blah, blah. Of course I fully expect Delta to retaliate for this one!

I would love to see Delta retaliate by opening up an international route in PHX to either South America or Asia. That would be a great FU to AA since they treat PHX like a red-headed stepchild.

cathay747

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:10 pm

AZLiam wrote:
cm642 wrote:

I would love to see Delta retaliate by opening up an international route in PHX to either South America or Asia. That would be a great FU to AA since they treat PHX like a red-headed stepchild.

DL isn't going to start any int'l. routes out of PHX, and AA doesn't treat PHX like a red-headed stepchild. Any DL retaliation/counter-move to this AA/AS deal will come at SEA itself (DL building it up even more than they've already done) or at MIA with their new LATAM partnership.

PhilMcCrackin

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:41 pm

cm642 wrote:

Yeah, and Phoenix was supposed to be dehubbed by now after the merger according to the experts on this website.

The vast majority of the people here have no clue what they're talking about. I try to stick to threads like this one where I know informed people will be participating.

AZLiam

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:41 pm

cathay747 wrote:
AZLiam wrote:
cm642 wrote:

DL isn't going to start any int'l. routes out of PHX, and AA doesn't treat PHX like a red-headed stepchild. Any DL retaliation/counter-move to this AA/AS deal will come at SEA itself (DL building it up even more than they've already done) or at MIA with their new LATAM partnership.

Losing our hometown airline and headquarters didn't endear me to AA, but just added to my disdain. Perhaps, I just have an axe to grind with them from years ago that I never got over due to their continued lousy "customer service" and superior attitude at DFW. My Mom used to work for AA. We were flying non-rev years ago from DFW to ORD and upgraded to first class. One of their lousy gate agents (I have worse names for him - drama queen being one of them) basically pulled us out of first class simply because I was wearing a pair of $300 Versace pants that he thought were jeans (they weren't jeans, didn't look or feel like jeans). It was entirely an embarrassing situation that I subsequently reported to AA once we landed in ORD.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos