Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:37 pm

N622UP, delivery flight from Paine Field (KPAE) to Louisville (KSDF), September 03th 2020 with callsign 5X9105, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KSDF

N622UP, KPAE, Sept 3th 2020
Image

Original uploaded by Jennifer Schuld at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/13 ... 0531234817

Aircraft data : L/N 1560, 747-8F, RC686, UPS #17, serial number 65784, N622UP , roll-out date July 06th 2020, F/F July 20th, ferried to Portland for paint at July 24th 2020. Returned August 03th 2020. Delivery and delivery (5X9105-KSDF) flight September 03th 2020.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
Spetsnaz55
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:38 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:49 pm

N623UP will be out the door any day now.

Anyone know why N624UP wasn't used and went straight to 25?
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Spetsnaz55 wrote:
N623UP will be out the door any day now.

Anyone know why N624UP wasn't used and went straight to 25?


L/N 1558, 747-8F, RC610, Volga-Dnepr UK Ltd (NTU) , UPS, serial number 63784, temporally registered N784TD at March 24th 2020, will become N624UP.
The aircraft will be modified to full UPS standard, before delivery.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:00 pm

N625UP has been assigned to a 747-8F with serial number 65782, see : https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... rtxt=625UP

Aircraft data : L/N 1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS, serial number 65782, N625UP, last UPS 747-8F delivery in 2020
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
Max Q
Posts: 8571
Joined: Wed May 09, 2001 12:40 pm

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:26 pm

747classic wrote:
Spetsnaz55 wrote:
N623UP will be out the door any day now.

Anyone know why N624UP wasn't used and went straight to 25?


L/N 1558, 747-8F, RC610, Volga-Dnepr UK Ltd (NTU) , UPS, serial number 63784, temporally registered N784TD at March 24th 2020, will become N624UP.
The aircraft will be modified to full UPS standard, before delivery.



Will this be an additional aircraft for UPS on top of their other order(s) or will it substitute for one ?
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.


GGg
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Posts: 1059
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:26 pm

747classic wrote:
N625UP has been assigned to a 747-8F with serial number 65782, see : https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... rtxt=625UP

Aircraft data : L/N 1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS, serial number 65782, N625UP, last UPS 747-8F delivery in 2020


Thanks for the update, Peter!
That leaves another eight 747-8F's to deliver to UPS, as of Jan 1, 2021 -- which would mean, generally, six frames in 2021, and another two in 2022.

Did I remember it right, that it was mentioned somewhere, that it was a very good thing financially, for Boeing, to have 747-8 still in production, in 2022? (Something contractual with existing customers, most probably). Can anyone elaborate?
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27311
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Max Q wrote:
Will this be an additional aircraft for UPS on top of their other order(s) or will it substitute for one ?


At this time, the frame has replaced one of the frames UPS on order, which has been cancelled.

I still think UPS will end up with taking the handful of available frames Boeing appears to still be able to be build if demand warrants.


Phosphorus wrote:
Did I remember it right, that it was mentioned somewhere, that it was a very good thing financially, for Boeing, to have 747-8 still in production, in 2022? (Something contractual with existing customers, most probably). Can anyone elaborate?


There has been speculation that Lufthansa, and perhaps others, have value guarantees that were based on a certain minimum production time period so if Boeing ended 747 production before that date, they would have to make up any difference in value between the frame's actual market value if re-sold / scrapped and the guarantee. Said speculation assumed a 15-year date and Lufthansa placed their launch order in 2007, which means that said value guarantee would be null and void if production continued through 2022. This would also apply to the launch customers for the 747-8F, including Cathay Pacific Cargo, Atlas, NCA, Volga-Dnepr and Korean Air Cargo.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Stitch wrote:
Max Q wrote:
Will this be an additional aircraft for UPS on top of their other order(s) or will it substitute for one ?


At this time, the frame has replaced one of the frames UPS on order, which has been cancelled.

I still think UPS will end up with taking the handful of available frames Boeing appears to still be able to be build if demand warrants.


AFAIK UPS is rethinking it's fleet plans (less growth) after the new CEO made her appearance, but a consistant rumour is that Cargolux could be interested in some additional 747-8F aircraft.
Also two early built, low time, Saudia 747-8F's (Atlas Air ntu) are available at this moment.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:20 am

The next 747-8F for UPS (N623UP) emerged from the Final Assembly Line.

N623UP, KPAE, September 9th 2020

Image

Original uploaded by Matt Cawby at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/13 ... 6988353536

Aircraft data : L/N 1561, 747-8F, RC687, UPS, serial number 65783, N623UP, roll-out September 8th 2020
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:27 am

N623UP made her first (B1) flight at September 22th 2020 towards Moses Lake with callsign BOE687, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KMWH
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:05 am

N623UP made a B2 flight for additional checks and landed in Portland for paint, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KPDX

For pictures, see Matt Cawby's Paine Field blog of September 25th : http://kpae.blogspot.com/2020/09/paine- ... er-25.html
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
aristoenigma
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:12 pm

VCVSpotter wrote:
aristoenigma wrote:
VCVSpotter wrote:

Every time I go to visit VCV, 1446 is just wrapped up (engines, cockpit, landing gear, etc) and just sitting on a remote, concrete pad away from the 'busy' area where recent arrivals are kept, and aircraft are prepped to fly out. It doesn't look like they're doing much (from what I've seen, along with what I've seen through various social media outlets). If they thought it would be sitting for a while, wouldn't they just wrap everything up (as they did), and just let it sit....? Not too much of an expert on aircraft storage maintenance processes, but for some aircraft at VCV it definitely looks like that was the case for a long time, then if they left, first they were towed to a hangar and had all of their maintenance checks completed. But there wasn't a regular maintenance regiment for most aircraft in long-term storage.

Hi VCV do you mean 1435 rather than 1446? 1435 is at VCV but I thought 1446 was at Basel.


Sorry, I did mean 1435. When I read long-term storage I immediately assumed the one at VCV (as I’ve seen that one the most lol). Sorry for the confusion, but even with storage at BSL, I would think the same general rules would apply: don’t do anything too costly until you actually have a customer who wants it flown out.


Does the fact that 1435 is sitting dormant on a remote concrete pad under a tarp belie the talk that it is a part of the test bedding of the new AF1 program? Or is that normal until needed as a test bed? If the air force wants 1435 as a testbed wouldn't they buy it first or are they forcing Boeing to continue to own it and eat the continuing costs of owning as part of the AF1 program?
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27311
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:27 pm

aristoenigma wrote:
Does the fact that 1435 is sitting dormant on a remote concrete pad under a tarp belie the talk that it is a part of the test bedding of the new AF1 program? Or is that normal until needed as a test bed? If the air force wants 1435 as a testbed wouldn't they buy it first or are they forcing Boeing to continue to own it and eat the continuing costs of owning as part of the AF1 program?


I believe it was just speculation that Boeing would use it to test VC-25B modifications, but now that the actual VC-25B airframes are in San Antonio being modified means that LN/1435 is probably just going to eventually be parted out by Boeing and added to the spares inventory.
 
User avatar
rturner
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:36 pm

dcs921 wrote:
747classic wrote:
IMHO UPS is evaluating the situation and can wait some time to watch the latest developments in the cargo market and order in a later stage at least 3 more 747-8F aircraft, when needed.

Seen the sharply increasing (structural) maintenance cost of 747-400 aircraft, passing the thresholds of 120.00 flight hours and/or 20,000 cycles, UPS may decide to replace the 747-400's with the highest flight hour / cycle count in late 2022.

Prime candidates would be :
The two odd ball 744BCF aircraft in the UPS fleet. These aircraft have increased tear and wear, due the fact that some structural aircraft parts could not be changed by dedicated freighter parts, with increased strength, during the P-F conversion.
N578UP, non standard SUD configuration, less volume and payload, no nose cargo door, 109.251 hrs / 18.127 cycles at 6/22/2020
N579UP, non standard SUD configuration, less volume and payload, no nose cargo door, 102.874 hrs / 17.280 cylcles at 7/10/2019

N581UP, 747-4R7F with highest flight hour / cycle count : 114.490 hrs / 19085 cycles at 5/18/2020


N583UP, 747-4R7F has the highest cycle and flight hour count in their fleet: 121,334 hours / 20,381 cycles as of 07/15/2020.


583UP is now stored, and assumed to be retired. last flight on 08SEPT20 from TPE-TPE as 5X1234 for 8 mins.
When we were told it's impossible, we knew that's the right way to be done.

~Joeseph Sutter
 
dcs921
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:39 pm

rturner wrote:
dcs921 wrote:
747classic wrote:
IMHO UPS is evaluating the situation and can wait some time to watch the latest developments in the cargo market and order in a later stage at least 3 more 747-8F aircraft, when needed.

Seen the sharply increasing (structural) maintenance cost of 747-400 aircraft, passing the thresholds of 120.00 flight hours and/or 20,000 cycles, UPS may decide to replace the 747-400's with the highest flight hour / cycle count in late 2022.

Prime candidates would be :
The two odd ball 744BCF aircraft in the UPS fleet. These aircraft have increased tear and wear, due the fact that some structural aircraft parts could not be changed by dedicated freighter parts, with increased strength, during the P-F conversion.
N578UP, non standard SUD configuration, less volume and payload, no nose cargo door, 109.251 hrs / 18.127 cycles at 6/22/2020
N579UP, non standard SUD configuration, less volume and payload, no nose cargo door, 102.874 hrs / 17.280 cylcles at 7/10/2019

N581UP, 747-4R7F with highest flight hour / cycle count : 114.490 hrs / 19085 cycles at 5/18/2020


N583UP, 747-4R7F has the highest cycle and flight hour count in their fleet: 121,334 hours / 20,381 cycles as of 07/15/2020.


583UP is now stored, and assumed to be retired. last flight on 08SEPT20 from TPE-TPE as 5X1234 for 8 mins.


Who is assuming it's been retired? Probably there for a heavy maintenance visit. UPS would not retire a 747 or any other aircraft right before peak season.
 
Qantas744er
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:36 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:48 am

rturner wrote:
dcs921 wrote:
747classic wrote:
IMHO UPS is evaluating the situation and can wait some time to watch the latest developments in the cargo market and order in a later stage at least 3 more 747-8F aircraft, when needed.

Seen the sharply increasing (structural) maintenance cost of 747-400 aircraft, passing the thresholds of 120.00 flight hours and/or 20,000 cycles, UPS may decide to replace the 747-400's with the highest flight hour / cycle count in late 2022.

Prime candidates would be :
The two odd ball 744BCF aircraft in the UPS fleet. These aircraft have increased tear and wear, due the fact that some structural aircraft parts could not be changed by dedicated freighter parts, with increased strength, during the P-F conversion.
N578UP, non standard SUD configuration, less volume and payload, no nose cargo door, 109.251 hrs / 18.127 cycles at 6/22/2020
N579UP, non standard SUD configuration, less volume and payload, no nose cargo door, 102.874 hrs / 17.280 cylcles at 7/10/2019

N581UP, 747-4R7F with highest flight hour / cycle count : 114.490 hrs / 19085 cycles at 5/18/2020


N583UP, 747-4R7F has the highest cycle and flight hour count in their fleet: 121,334 hours / 20,381 cycles as of 07/15/2020.


583UP is now stored, and assumed to be retired. last flight on 08SEPT20 from TPE-TPE as 5X1234 for 8 mins.


Next time please spend a few minutes to look a little more carefully before you post factually incorrect information.

Last flight was on 9/7 from HKG-TPE. 583UP is undergoing a C-Check at EGAT (where all UPS B744/8 C-Checks are performed).

No 8 minute flight occurred on 9/8..that was the mechanic punching in UPS1234 into the FMC and setting the transponder to XPNDR while the aircraft was being towed to the hangar (for ground radar identification purposes).

She will be back hauling rubber dogsh*t out of HKG in two weeks or so. Long live the Queen of the Skies!
You live and you die, by the FMA
 
User avatar
rturner
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:25 am

Qantas744er wrote:
rturner wrote:
dcs921 wrote:

N583UP, 747-4R7F has the highest cycle and flight hour count in their fleet: 121,334 hours / 20,381 cycles as of 07/15/2020.


583UP is now stored, and assumed to be retired. last flight on 08SEPT20 from TPE-TPE as 5X1234 for 8 mins.


Next time please spend a few minutes to look a little more carefully before you post factually incorrect information.

Last flight was on 9/7 from HKG-TPE. 583UP is undergoing a C-Check at EGAT (where all UPS B744/8 C-Checks are performed).

No 8 minute flight occurred on 9/8..that was the mechanic punching in UPS1234 into the FMC and setting the transponder to XPNDR while the aircraft was being towed to the hangar (for ground radar identification purposes).

She will be back hauling rubber dogsh*t out of HKG in two weeks or so. Long live the Queen of the Skies!


Very well then!
When we were told it's impossible, we knew that's the right way to be done.

~Joeseph Sutter
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:31 am

N623UP returned back to Paine Field at October 5th, after paint in Portland, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KPDX/KPAE

N623UP, KPAE, October 05th 2020.
Image

Original uploaded by Royal Scott King at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/royalscottking/stat ... 1129911297

Aircraft data : L/N 1561, 747-8F, RC687, UPS, serial number 65783, N623UP, roll-out September 8th 2020, F/F September 22th 2020, ferried to Portland for paint at September 25th 2020. Returned October 5th 2020.
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
ItnStln
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:46 pm

747classic wrote:
N623UP returned back to Paine Field at October 5th, after paint in Portland, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KPDX/KPAE

N623UP, KPAE, October 05th 2020.
Image

Original uploaded by Royal Scott King at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/royalscottking/stat ... 1129911297

Aircraft data : L/N 1561, 747-8F, RC687, UPS, serial number 65783, N623UP, roll-out September 8th 2020, F/F September 22th 2020, ferried to Portland for paint at September 25th 2020. Returned October 5th 2020.

The UPS livery is one of the nicest on the 748F
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:20 am

N623UP has been delivered towards Louisville at October 22th with callsign 5X9105, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KSDF

N623UP, KPAE, October 22th 2020.
Image

Original uploaded by Matt Cawby at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/13 ... 8163374080

Image

Original uploaded by BoeingAirplanes at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/BoeingAirplanes/sta ... 6583791617
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
CCA
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:29 pm

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:55 am

Sorry I can't remember are there any white tail -8Fs still looking for buyers? Or did / has UPS taken them all up?

What's the firing order and customer(s) for all the remaining aircraft? UPS again?

Cheers
Enthusiast
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27311
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:43 pm

CCA wrote:
Sorry I can't remember are there any white tail -8Fs still looking for buyers? Or did / has UPS taken them all up?


All the NTU freighters have been placed with other operators (UPS, Atlas, SilkWay, etc.).

I believe L/N 1435 / RC021 (originally for LH) is the only 747-8 without an assigned operator.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:01 pm

There are no white tails at the moment.(except the former LH test 747-8I aircraft, mentioned above)

Boeing has to deliver 10 747-8F aircraft to UPS

1558, 747-8F, RC610, Volga-Dnepr UK Ltd (NTU) , UPS, serial number 63784, N624UP, del 2020
1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS #20, serial number 65782, N625UP, del 2020
1563, 747-8F, RC689, UPS #21, serial number xxxxx, N626UP, del 2021
1564, 747-8F, RC690, UPS #22, serial number xxxxx, N627UP, del 2021
1565, 747-8F, RC691, UPS #23, serial number xxxxx, N628UP, del 2021
1566, 747-8F, RC692, UPS #24, serial number xxxxx, N629UP, del 2021
1567, 747-8F, RC693, UPS #25, serial number xxxxx, N630UP, del 2021
1568, 747-8F, RC694, UPS #26, serial number xxxxx, N631UP, del 2022
1569, 747-8F, RC695, UPS #27, serial number xxxxx, N632UP, del 2022
1570, 747-8F, RC696, UPS #28, serial number xxxxx, N633UP, del 2022

However, at the the Boeing order/delivery listing another 3 aircraft are listed as ASC606 ( order signed, without delivery contract) by Volga Dnepr.
Also one UPS aircraft of the last batch of 14 was cancelled and substituted by a Volga Dnepr ordered aircraft (L/N1558) purchased by UPS (L/N 1558, still to be delivered)

So theoretically one 747-8F (the cancelled UPS aircraft) can be offered for sale.

The order (commitment ?) for the 3 other 747-8F aircraft remains clouded , they can only be officially offered for sale, if Volga Dnepr fails the next contractual payment treshold..

Also the exact number of available 747-8Fshipsets (especially the number of fuselage panels produced in advance by Vought) remains unclear.

Possible extra 747-8F's (may be allocated between the UPS allocated assembly slots)

1571 unk (former UPS #28, cancelled after purchase of L/N 1558, ex Volga Dnepr)
1572 unk (Volga Dnepr ?)
1573 unk (Volga Dnepr ?)
1574 unk (Volga Dnepr ?)
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
Ziyulu
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Do any cargo 748 have an extended upper deck?
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3859
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
Do any cargo 748 have an extended upper deck?

No, the only SUD freighters are passenger conversions
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:37 am

N784TD has been re-registered N624UP and resumed test flying for a speedy delivery before the holiday cargo peak.
See : https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquir ... ntrytxt=US
See : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KPAE

Aircraft data : L/N 1558, 747-8F, RC610, Volga-Dnepr UK Ltd (NTU) , UPS, serial number 63784, (N6009F) VQ-BIO, roll out before January 27th 2020, F/F February 13th 2020, Ferried to Portland at February 16th for paint in AirBridgeCargo livery, returned at February 25th 2020. Scheduled ABC Delivery at February 28th was cancelled. Volga-Dnepr informed Boeing it could not make the final payments. It urged Boeing to remarket the aircraft. Aircraft was used for Electro Magnetic Interference testing of the GEnx-2B engine. Aircraft has been re-registered N784TD at March 24th 2020. Used for ILS flight testing of the Collins GLU-2100 Multimode Receiver. Aircraft has been sold at May 4th to UPS (pending UPS board approval), despite the fact that in a later stage ABC changed it’s mind, found some means of financing and wanted the aircraft to be delivered. A legal procedure, started by Volga-Dnepr about this case, was won by Boeing. Ferried again to Portland at June 8th for paint, now in UPS livery. Returned at June 26th 2020. Reconfigured in UPS #19 configuration and registered N624UP.

The next UPS 747-8F (N625UP) left the FAL and was noticed ouside for the first time
See Matt Cawby's Paine Field blog of November 6th (unpainted 747at the back of the fuel dock) : http://www.paineairport.com/kpae18778g.htm

Aircraft data : L/N 1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS #20, serial number 65782, N625UP, roll-out Nov 4th, delivery scheduled in 2020
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:37 am

N624UP performed a customer acceptance flight towards Spokane at November 12th 2020, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KGEG
And was moved afterwards to the Everett deliverly center, to soon join the UPS longhaul fleet before/during the holiday season.

N624UP, before departure of the customer acceptance flight Nov 12th 2020, KPAE
Image

Original uploaded by Matt Cawby at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/13 ... 5896779776
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
jreeves96
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:05 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 am

Sorry, Atlas. But UPS' -8 is just too gorgeous.
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Posts: 1059
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:05 pm

747classic wrote:
....
The next UPS 747-8F (N625UP) left the FAL and was noticed ouside for the first time
See Matt Cawby's Paine Field blog of November 6th (unpainted 747at the back of the fuel dock) : http://www.paineairport.com/kpae18778g.htm

Aircraft data : L/N 1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS #20, serial number 65782, N625UP, roll-out Nov 4th, delivery scheduled in 2020

In your opinion, does this plane have a chance to see service in this year's cargo peak?
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
User avatar
Stitch
Posts: 27311
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:26 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:37 pm

Phosphorus wrote:
In your opinion, does this plane have a chance to see service in this year's cargo peak?


I think it would be very possible. They could use it for the "Apple Rush" if nothing else.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:46 pm

747classic wrote:
N624UP performed a customer acceptance flight towards Spokane at November 12th 2020, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KGEG
And was moved afterwards to the Everett deliverly center, to soon join the UPS longhaul fleet before/during the holiday season.


It took two more customer acceptance flights (C2 and C3) at Nov 13th and 14th before the aircraft was accepted.
N624UP is now scheduled for delivery at Nov.16th, a flight plan to Louisville (SDF) has already been filed with callsign 5X9119, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS ... /KPAE/KSDF
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Phosphorus wrote:
747classic wrote:
....
The next UPS 747-8F (N625UP) left the FAL and was noticed ouside for the first time
See Matt Cawby's Paine Field blog of November 6th (unpainted 747at the back of the fuel dock) : http://www.paineairport.com/kpae18778g.htm

Aircraft data : L/N 1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS #20, serial number 65782, N625UP, roll-out Nov 4th, delivery scheduled in 2020

In your opinion, does this plane have a chance to see service in this year's cargo peak?


Seen the above mentioned small acceptance delay of N624UP, combined with the relative small 747 delivery team, it will be a tight fit to make N625UP operational, painted and delivered in November, perhaps the first week of December ?
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:11 am

747classic wrote:
747classic wrote:
N624UP performed a customer acceptance flight towards Spokane at November 12th 2020, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KGEG
And was moved afterwards to the Everett deliverly center, to soon join the UPS longhaul fleet before/during the holiday season.


It took two more customer acceptance flights (C2 and C3) at Nov 13th and 14th before the aircraft was accepted.
N624UP is now scheduled for delivery at Nov.16th, a flight plan to Louisville (SDF) has already been filed with callsign 5X9119, see : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS ... /KPAE/KSDF



N624UP, taxi-out, before delivery flight to Louisville, KPAE, Nov 16th. 2020.

Image

Original uploaded by Airportwebcams at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/AirportWebcams/stat ... 7678017536
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
UPS757Pilot
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:13 pm

N624UP and N625UP are expected to be used during peak this year.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:56 pm

Stitch wrote:
CCA wrote:
Sorry I can't remember are there any white tail -8Fs still looking for buyers? Or did / has UPS taken them all up?


All the NTU freighters have been placed with other operators (UPS, Atlas, SilkWay, etc.).

I believe L/N 1435 / RC021 (originally for LH) is the only 747-8 without an assigned operator.


Recent picture of L/N 1435, stored at Victorville (VCV)
Image

Via Aeronews at facebook, see : https://www.facebook.com/AeronewsGlobal ... 9111987164
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 pm

N625UP seems to be ready for her first (B1) flight, via Moses Lake to Portland for paint, aiming for an end of November 2020 delivery.
The following flight plans have been filed for November 19th 2020 :
KPAE-KMWH with callsign BOE610 (must be an error, BOE610 was N624UP, already delivered) :
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KPAE/KMWH
KMWH-KPDX with the correct callsign BOE688 :
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KMWH/KPDX

Aircraft data : L/N 1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS #20, serial number 65782, N625UP
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
CX747
Posts: 6293
Joined: Tue May 18, 1999 2:54 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:42 pm

UPS757Pilot wrote:
N624UP and N625UP are expected to be used during peak this year.


Out of Everett and off to WORK!!!
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:22 pm

747classic wrote:
N625UP seems to be ready for her first (B1) flight, via Moses Lake to Portland for paint, aiming for an end of November 2020 delivery.
The following flight plans have been filed for November 19th 2020 :
KPAE-KMWH with callsign BOE610 (must be an error, BOE610 was N624UP, already delivered) :
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KPAE/KMWH
KMWH-KPDX with the correct callsign BOE688 :
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE ... /KMWH/KPDX

Aircraft data : L/N 1562, 747-8F, RC688, UPS #20, serial number 65782, N625UP


N625UP, first flight, departing KPAE for KMWH, Nov 19th 2020
Image

Image

Original uploaded by Jennifer Schuld at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/13 ... 3615268864
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:28 pm

N625UP returned to Paine Field via Moses Lake after paint at Portland at December 1th, after a failed attempt one day earlier.
See : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPDX/KMWH
And : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KMWH/KPAE

N625UP, KPAE, Dec 1th 2020
Image

Original uploaded by Jennifer Schuld at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/13 ... 7531528192
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.
 
User avatar
747classic
Posts: 3346
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 am

Re: Boeing 747 Production/Delivery Thread - 2020

Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 am

747classic wrote:
N625UP returned to Paine Field via Moses Lake after paint at Portland at December 1th, after a failed attempt one day earlier.
See : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPDX/KMWH
And : https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KMWH/KPAE


A few hours after arrival at Paine Field, N625UP departed again for the next test flight (almost 5 hours flight time) to recover the time lost yesterday, see :
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62 ... /KPAE/KPAE

N625UP, KPAE, December 1th 2020
Image

Original uploaded by Matt Cawby at twitter, see : https://twitter.com/mattcawby/status/13 ... 4297176066
Operating a twin over the ocean, you're always one engine failure from a total emergency.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos