Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:49 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411975&start=550&hilit=Philadelphia

Happy New Years to everyone. Decided to continue the Philadelphia thread for 2020 as we saw a lot of positivity from 2019. As for route predictions here goes the following in my opinion:

AA: more domestic expansion and European announcements around August. Nice, WAW, HEL I feel are possibilities and also a route to India.
NK: one or two more routes possibly Austin being in the mix
F9: Dart board as usual
New Foreign Carrier: Japan Airlines finally making an announcement for 2021 since they are looking for new routes on East and west coast.
DL: I feel will be stagnant
UA: stagnant after launching the Dulles route

Of course post what you guys think for any potential news or opinions for PHL.
Last edited by SQ22 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo fixed
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
samuelx88
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Happy new year! Maybe YHZ and YQB on AA to PHL will get year round next winter?
 
jplatts
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:02 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
DL: I feel will be stagnant


DL adding PHL-LAX and PHL-SEA nonstop service might be a possibility with LAX and SEA both being top destinations that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL. DL mainline also has more market share at PHL than UA mainline does, and DL also has more market share at PHL than AS, B6, NK, or SY.

LAX and SEA are also the only DL hubs or focus city airports outside of NYC that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:11 pm

jplatts wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
DL: I feel will be stagnant


DL adding PHL-LAX and PHL-SEA nonstop service might be a possibility with LAX and SEA both being top destinations that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL. DL mainline also has more market share at PHL than UA mainline does, and DL also has more market share at PHL than AS, B6, NK, or SY.

LAX and SEA are also the only DL hubs or focus city airports outside of NYC that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL.


Out of the two I could see SEA. I know DL tried the LAX route a few years ago and it failed and with Alaska canceling the LAX route recently it just seems like a hard route to compete against AA and NK. I hope I’m wrong tho as we all know PHL needs all the competition it can get.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:02 pm

jplatts wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
DL: I feel will be stagnant


DL adding PHL-LAX and PHL-SEA nonstop service might be a possibility with LAX and SEA both being top destinations that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL. DL mainline also has more market share at PHL than UA mainline does, and DL also has more market share at PHL than AS, B6, NK, or SY.

LAX and SEA are also the only DL hubs or focus city airports outside of NYC that DL doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL.


I could see DL adding SEA as they are going to war with AS at SEA. As for the LAX route maybe with more A321 and B739 coming online for DL they would have a reason to launch the LAX route. Maybe I will throw a wild card of PHLAUS route as well.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:14 pm

JAL coming to PHL would be wishlist for 2021.
FI most likely will come back maybe fly later into the year if they get the Max 8 back.
NK and F9 continue flighting to Florida and SJU.
We could SY continue to grow with a route to PDX.
AA a couple adds to leisure destinations in the U.S. and Saturday flights. Europe I predict maybe on one route to Poland of some sort. I don't see more Europe routes until the A321XLR comes online.
AS I could see the SFO getting cut because of the focus on SEA.
All other airlines will probably stay the same. I don't really expect a new airline this year.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:02 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
JAL coming to PHL would be wishlist for 2021.
FI most likely will come back maybe fly later into the year if they get the Max 8 back.
NK and F9 continue flighting to Florida and SJU.
We could SY continue to grow with a route to PDX.
AA a couple adds to leisure destinations in the U.S. and Saturday flights. Europe I predict maybe on one route to Poland of some sort. I don't see more Europe routes until the A321XLR comes online.
AS I could see the SFO getting cut because of the focus on SEA.
All other airlines will probably stay the same. I don't really expect a new airline this year.


Yea I’m def banking on JL for 2021. As for FI I def see them coming back even if Max doesn’t come back. As for AA I can picture Poland and Nice being added. I think other than that it’ll be typical LLC adds with one or two withdrawals.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:29 pm

When does AA start getting their XLR’s? I really hope they plan on expanding their transatlantic offerings from PHL with them, HEL/WAW/NCE/MXP/
FRA/MUC/TLV? all seem like possible adds.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:46 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
When does AA start getting their XLR’s? I really hope they plan on expanding their transatlantic offerings from PHL with them, HEL/WAW/NCE/MXP/
FRA/MUC/TLV? all seem like possible adds.


Most likely 2023. That is when there first deliver is due. So quite a while before that happens. I don't those being added until the A321XLR will show up.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:11 am

Can someone confirm is SY up to 2 flights daily?
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:19 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Can someone confirm is SY up to 2 flights daily?


I don’t even see them at daily.
 
PHL1013
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:11 am

AA starts 788 service on Tuesday
DFW-PHL (1 month)
ORD-PHL (1 month)
PHL-AMS
PHL-MAN
PHL-ZRH

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... e8968e3e6f
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:39 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Can someone confirm is SY up to 2 flights daily?


When I look at there schedule I see they will stop service after next week and resume in spring. Probably for aircraft availability elsewhere.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
User avatar
PacoMartin
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:14 pm

Image

Nicknuzzii wrote:
When does AA start getting their XLR’s? I really hope they plan on expanding their transatlantic offerings from PHL with them, HEL/WAW/NCE/MXP/FRA/MUC/TLV? all seem like possible adds.

Infographic shows NYC to Rome so FCO to JFK: 3717 nm and to EWR: 3730 nm.

PHL to (nautical miles)
FRA 3432
NCE 3550
MXP 3553
MUC 3590
HEL 3653
WAW 3787
TLV 5015

Tel Aviv is outside the range of the jet.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:24 am

Okay will I jump the gun in SY being twice daily. See I didn't know they switch the flight times for MSP route. So opps :duck:

Yeah I see they are going away for the winter months. Do they count as seasonal or year round now? I see their website they count as year round service
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:37 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Okay will I jump the gun in SY being twice daily. See I didn't know they switch the flight times for MSP route. So opps :duck:

Yeah I see they are going away for the winter months. Do they count as seasonal or year round now? I see their website they count as year round service


Yea that part confused me too on there website so unless they haven’t updated it as seasonal I’m at a lost
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:35 pm

Is this the year where we could here something about what they going to do with the land PHL purchase? I'm have my doubts that Amazon shipping is going to be there especially with CVG close by
 
jetsetter629
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:23 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
JAL coming to PHL would be wishlist for 2021.
FI most likely will come back maybe fly later into the year if they get the Max 8 back.
NK and F9 continue flighting to Florida and SJU.
We could SY continue to grow with a route to PDX.
AA a couple adds to leisure destinations in the U.S. and Saturday flights. Europe I predict maybe on one route to Poland of some sort. I don't see more Europe routes until the A321XLR comes online.
AS I could see the SFO getting cut because of the focus on SEA.
All other airlines will probably stay the same. I don't really expect a new airline this year.


I think you are spot on with your observations. FI still seems like an outside chance to return with the 752 but I do think it will stay with the Max 8

I'm amazed how much SJU has grown and become competitive! It seemed like a route perfect for B6 but they ignored it for years and now fares are dirt cheap. I'm going there later this month on AA and had the benefit of a $89 fare home thanks to price matching!
 
TheFlyGuy
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Happy New Year, all! Here is my two cents on what we could see in the way of new service announcements:

AA adding additional domestic non-stops...some i see with a realistic probability include SBN, TUL, LIT, DAB, VPS, ECP, AGS, TOL, FNT, HSV, SMF, additional weekly seasonal service to leisure destinations such as JAC (depending on the success of EGE, BZN and TVC), and perhaps PDX becoming year-round.

Any new international service from AA likely wouldn't start until 2021, but MXP, HEL and a return to BRU seem plausible new year-round destinations. I echo others that LYS, NCE, VIE, WAW/KRK, AGP are candidates for seasonal service.

I'd love to see another international carrier at PHL and fingers crossed that JAL announces nonstop service to PHL but we shall see. A dark horse foreign carrier I could see entering PHL is Volaris to MEX or GDL, as they codeshare with F9. Volaris serves CLT (and was able to withstand AA launching the route seasonally, which has since been dropped), and Mexico seems like an underserved market from PHL. I know AA launched and then dropped MEX service after just a few months, but I think the success of that route was partly hampered by inconvenient flight times as the arrival time in MEX was around midnight.

I am looking forward to the launch of AA to CMN this summer even if it is just seasonally and 3x weekly on a 757. With RAM joining OW this year my hope is that CMN eventually becomes year-round daily and perhaps AA follows by launching seasonal service to RAK at some point.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:41 pm

TheFlyGuy wrote:
Happy New Year, all! Here is my two cents on what we could see in the way of new service announcements:

AA adding additional domestic non-stops...some i see with a realistic probability include SBN, TUL, LIT, DAB, VPS, ECP, AGS, TOL, FNT, HSV, SMF, additional weekly seasonal service to leisure destinations such as JAC (depending on the success of EGE, BZN and TVC), and perhaps PDX becoming year-round.

Any new international service from AA likely wouldn't start until 2021, but MXP, HEL and a return to BRU seem plausible new year-round destinations. I echo others that LYS, NCE, VIE, WAW/KRK, AGP are candidates for seasonal service.

I'd love to see another international carrier at PHL and fingers crossed that JAL announces nonstop service to PHL but we shall see. A dark horse foreign carrier I could see entering PHL is Volaris to MEX or GDL, as they codeshare with F9. Volaris serves CLT (and was able to withstand AA launching the route seasonally, which has since been dropped), and Mexico seems like an underserved market from PHL. I know AA launched and then dropped MEX service after just a few months, but I think the success of that route was partly hampered by inconvenient flight times as the arrival time in MEX was around midnight.

I am looking forward to the launch of AA to CMN this summer even if it is just seasonally and 3x weekly on a 757. With RAM joining OW this year my hope is that CMN eventually becomes year-round daily and perhaps AA follows by launching seasonal service to RAK at some point.


Happy New Year to you too. I think you make good valid points on potential service. You mentioned Volaris and that made me think of Interjet as I know they have a codeshare with AA. I'm sure as we all know majority of announcements will fall with AA but still I look forward to 2020.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
TheFlyGuy
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:21 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
Happy New Year to you too. I think you make good valid points on potential service. You mentioned Volaris and that made me think of Interjet as I know they have a codeshare with AA. I'm sure as we all know majority of announcements will fall with AA but still I look forward to 2020.


I totally forgot that AA has a codeshare with Interjet. In that case I would prefer Interjet come to PHL as they tend to offer more daily service whereas Volaris operates many markets less than daily. Interjet actually codeshares with several OW members, so they seem like the most likely Mexican airline to launch service to PHL. Additionally, it looks like they’ve placed a large order of A320neo’s, so perhaps PHL could be the beneficiary of this expansion (I’m assuming PHL-MEX is within range of the A320neo but someone correct me if this is false). Any speculation about new routes from PHL is just that until flights are actually announced and bookable, but it gives me hope that we might see some/one of these come to fruition in 2020.

Also, correction to my previous post where I incorrectly stated that AA launched seasonal CLT-GDL nonstop service after Volaris and has since dropped it...I just did a dummy booking and it looks as though both AA and Volaris continue to operate the route 2x weekly and both appear to be year-round. My mistake.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:03 am

TheFlyGuy wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
Happy New Year to you too. I think you make good valid points on potential service. You mentioned Volaris and that made me think of Interjet as I know they have a codeshare with AA. I'm sure as we all know majority of announcements will fall with AA but still I look forward to 2020.


I totally forgot that AA has a codeshare with Interjet. In that case I would prefer Interjet come to PHL as they tend to offer more daily service whereas Volaris operates many markets less than daily. Interjet actually codeshares with several OW members, so they seem like the most likely Mexican airline to launch service to PHL. Additionally, it looks like they’ve placed a large order of A320neo’s, so perhaps PHL could be the beneficiary of this expansion (I’m assuming PHL-MEX is within range of the A320neo but someone correct me if this is false). Any speculation about new routes from PHL is just that until flights are actually announced and bookable, but it gives me hope that we might see some/one of these come to fruition in 2020.

Also, correction to my previous post where I incorrectly stated that AA launched seasonal CLT-GDL nonstop service after Volaris and has since dropped it...I just did a dummy booking and it looks as though both AA and Volaris continue to operate the route 2x weekly and both appear to be year-round. My mistake.


I’m positive the 320neo can reach that far especially since AA had used their 319 for the MEX route. Yea Interjet would probably be a better fit IMO as well
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:24 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
TheFlyGuy wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
Happy New Year to you too. I think you make good valid points on potential service. You mentioned Volaris and that made me think of Interjet as I know they have a codeshare with AA. I'm sure as we all know majority of announcements will fall with AA but still I look forward to 2020.


I totally forgot that AA has a codeshare with Interjet. In that case I would prefer Interjet come to PHL as they tend to offer more daily service whereas Volaris operates many markets less than daily. Interjet actually codeshares with several OW members, so they seem like the most likely Mexican airline to launch service to PHL. Additionally, it looks like they’ve placed a large order of A320neo’s, so perhaps PHL could be the beneficiary of this expansion (I’m assuming PHL-MEX is within range of the A320neo but someone correct me if this is false). Any speculation about new routes from PHL is just that until flights are actually announced and bookable, but it gives me hope that we might see some/one of these come to fruition in 2020.

Also, correction to my previous post where I incorrectly stated that AA launched seasonal CLT-GDL nonstop service after Volaris and has since dropped it...I just did a dummy booking and it looks as though both AA and Volaris continue to operate the route 2x weekly and both appear to be year-round. My mistake.


I’m positive the 320neo can reach that far especially since AA had used their 319 for the MEX route. Yea Interjet would probably be a better fit IMO as well

The 320CEO flies MEXJFK.
Though I thought MEX is slot constrain.
 
crownvic
Posts: 2544
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:50 am

TheFlyGuy wrote:
Happy New Year, all! Here is my two cents on what we could see in the way of new service announcements:

AA adding additional domestic non-stops...some i see with a realistic probability include SBN, TUL, LIT, DAB, VPS, ECP, AGS, TOL, FNT, HSV, SMF, additional weekly seasonal service to leisure destinations such as JAC (depending on the success of EGE, BZN and TVC), and perhaps PDX becoming year-round.

Any new international service from AA likely wouldn't start until 2021, but MXP, HEL and a return to BRU seem plausible new year-round destinations. I echo others that LYS, NCE, VIE, WAW/KRK, AGP are candidates for seasonal service.

I'd love to see another international carrier at PHL and fingers crossed that JAL announces nonstop service to PHL but we shall see. A dark horse foreign carrier I could see entering PHL is Volaris to MEX or GDL, as they codeshare with F9. Volaris serves CLT (and was able to withstand AA launching the route seasonally, which has since been dropped), and Mexico seems like an underserved market from PHL. I know AA launched and then dropped MEX service after just a few months, but I think the success of that route was partly hampered by inconvenient flight times as the arrival time in MEX was around midnight.

I am looking forward to the launch of AA to CMN this summer even if it is just seasonally and 3x weekly on a 757. With RAM joining OW this year my hope is that CMN eventually becomes year-round daily and perhaps AA follows by launching seasonal service to RAK at some point.


What's interesting is, Aeromexico supported DC-8/DC-10 PHL-MEX service for years followed by Mexicana 727/DC-10. I cannot understand why this route seems to be so elusive anymore. You would think that AMX would at least operate something on this route, but they choose to run everything through a Delta connection.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:51 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
TheFlyGuy wrote:

I totally forgot that AA has a codeshare with Interjet. In that case I would prefer Interjet come to PHL as they tend to offer more daily service whereas Volaris operates many markets less than daily. Interjet actually codeshares with several OW members, so they seem like the most likely Mexican airline to launch service to PHL. Additionally, it looks like they’ve placed a large order of A320neo’s, so perhaps PHL could be the beneficiary of this expansion (I’m assuming PHL-MEX is within range of the A320neo but someone correct me if this is false). Any speculation about new routes from PHL is just that until flights are actually announced and bookable, but it gives me hope that we might see some/one of these come to fruition in 2020.

Also, correction to my previous post where I incorrectly stated that AA launched seasonal CLT-GDL nonstop service after Volaris and has since dropped it...I just did a dummy booking and it looks as though both AA and Volaris continue to operate the route 2x weekly and both appear to be year-round. My mistake.


I’m positive the 320neo can reach that far especially since AA had used their 319 for the MEX route. Yea Interjet would probably be a better fit IMO as well

The 320CEO flies MEXJFK.
Though I thought MEX is slot constrain.


I think you’re right MEX being slot constrained.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:16 pm

AA starts 787 service in just 2 days! Does anyone know the plan for the future of the 787 at PHL? Will PHL become dominated by the 787, similar to ORD or will we maintain our A330s? I would love to see some 789s in the future, LHR, MAD, BCN, and CDG would all be ideal routes.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
AA starts 787 service in just 2 days! Does anyone know the plan for the future of the 787 at PHL? Will PHL become dominated by the 787, similar to ORD or will we maintain our A330s? I would love to see some 789s in the future, LHR, MAD, BCN, and CDG would all be ideal routes.

The A332 will be around for a long time to come. The A333 is suppose to replaced by the B789 in 2023. So the future would be A332, B788, B789 for widebodies
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:32 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
AA starts 787 service in just 2 days! Does anyone know the plan for the future of the 787 at PHL? Will PHL become dominated by the 787, similar to ORD or will we maintain our A330s? I would love to see some 789s in the future, LHR, MAD, BCN, and CDG would all be ideal routes.

The A332 will be around for a long time to come. The A333 is suppose to replaced by the B789 in 2023. So the future would be A332, B788, B789 for widebodies


Yes that was my understanding too, but to me it makes more sense to consolidate the 330s back to CLT then... Or maybe it’s just that I want a better business class. Lol.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
AA starts 787 service in just 2 days! Does anyone know the plan for the future of the 787 at PHL? Will PHL become dominated by the 787, similar to ORD or will we maintain our A330s? I would love to see some 789s in the future, LHR, MAD, BCN, and CDG would all be ideal routes.

The A332 will be around for a long time to come. The A333 is suppose to replaced by the B789 in 2023. So the future would be A332, B788, B789 for widebodies


Yes that was my understanding too, but to me it makes more sense to consolidate the 330s back to CLT then... Or maybe it’s just that I want a better business class. Lol.


It would be nice if AA would refresh the A332 really. Same with the A333.
 
WesYan
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:21 pm

Do we know what the first flight in to PHL is with the b787? Thinking about going to spot it come in.
 
bridge29
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:26 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
The A332 will be around for a long time to come. The A333 is suppose to replaced by the B789 in 2023. So the future would be A332, B788, B789 for widebodies


Yes that was my understanding too, but to me it makes more sense to consolidate the 330s back to CLT then... Or maybe it’s just that I want a better business class. Lol.


It would be nice if AA would refresh the A332 really. Same with the A333.


I'm pretty sure I read (on here or flyertalk) that the A332s are getting new IFE this year. Can't seem to find it to verify though...
 
WesYan
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:05 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:48 pm

First AA b787 enroute to PHL now from Dallas. AA1328
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:44 pm

WesYan wrote:
First AA b787 enroute to PHL now from Dallas. AA1328


Indeed sadly I can't spot today. Hoping Friday will be the day to go. Can't wait to see some shots
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:08 pm

Second B787 flight from ORD. AA2608 enroute
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:47 pm

https://thepointsguy.com/news/philadelp ... -carriers/

PHL is poised to reach a new passenger total for 2019.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:25 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/philadelphia-airport-american-airlines-hub-budget-carriers/

PHL is poised to reach a new passenger total for 2019.


That would be exciting if PHL hit 33mil for 2019 thanks to growth from AA and Frontier and Spirit. I'm guessing terminal E has to be getting close to maxed out soon.

Shame that PHL is just not the same or better than EWR.
 
steeler83
Posts: 7681
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:13 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
AA starts 787 service in just 2 days! Does anyone know the plan for the future of the 787 at PHL? Will PHL become dominated by the 787, similar to ORD or will we maintain our A330s? I would love to see some 789s in the future, LHR, MAD, BCN, and CDG would all be ideal routes.

The A332 will be around for a long time to come. The A333 is suppose to replaced by the B789 in 2023. So the future would be A332, B788, B789 for widebodies


I guess we can deduce from this that AA will not be bringing the 777 to PHL. I guess it really wouldn't make much sense. The 787s can pretty much do what the 772/773 could. Plus, it looks like the 773 is a 3-class configuration with international 1st class.

Anyway, I'm excited to see insane growth for PHL. For the first time in over 3 years, I'll be hitting the skies as we head for Ft. Lauderdale/Miami and Marco Island for our 10th anniversary. :)
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.
 
aerace
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/philadelphia-airport-american-airlines-hub-budget-carriers/

PHL is poised to reach a new passenger total for 2019.


I think it's pretty impressive that the Points Guy had a dedicated story on this. All things considered, with the "drawdown and consolidation of PHL", most did not expect that we would experience the pax growth AND land direct flights to some of the destinations we had. And this goes beyond AA. Frontier 2x to San Juan and Spirit to Cancun, in what were heavily dominated markets by AA, is a good sign that others can play too. Hopefully this is an upward trajectory.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:30 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/philadelphia-airport-american-airlines-hub-budget-carriers/

PHL is poised to reach a new passenger total for 2019.


That would be exciting if PHL hit 33mil for 2019 thanks to growth from AA and Frontier and Spirit. I'm guessing terminal E has to be getting close to maxed out soon.

Shame that PHL is just not the same or better than EWR.


Yea I really hope they reach that figure to. I don’t think terminal E will max out yet at least for Frontier since they cut some routes for the upcoming spring summer season like Omaha and Kansas City just you name a few. Yea I don’t think we’ll ever reach EWR status but there’s pros and cons with Newark too as I see F9 and NK aren’t happy with the slots they were provided as I know F9 flights are all during off-peaks hours.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:33 pm

aerace wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/philadelphia-airport-american-airlines-hub-budget-carriers/

PHL is poised to reach a new passenger total for 2019.


I think it's pretty impressive that the Points Guy had a dedicated story on this. All things considered, with the "drawdown and consolidation of PHL", most did not expect that we would experience the pax growth AND land direct flights to some of the destinations we had. And this goes beyond AA. Frontier 2x to San Juan and Spirit to Cancun, in what were heavily dominated markets by AA, is a good sign that others can play too. Hopefully this is an upward trajectory.


Yea I always get excited when I see a dedicated article for PHL since it always get overlooked by the big players of JFK, EWR, LAX, ORD just to name a few. Good to see at least domestic competition
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:08 pm

https://billypenn.com/2019/12/18/holida ... the-seams/

Does anyone have more detail about the new cargo facility being built? Like when is construction suppose to start or what the facility will look like? I'm guessing the site will be the new acquired land? Who will be the tenants?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/philadelphia-airport-american-airlines-hub-budget-carriers/

PHL is poised to reach a new passenger total for 2019.


That would be exciting if PHL hit 33mil for 2019 thanks to growth from AA and Frontier and Spirit. I'm guessing terminal E has to be getting close to maxed out soon.

Shame that PHL is just not the same or better than EWR.


Yea I really hope they reach that figure to. I don’t think terminal E will max out yet at least for Frontier since they cut some routes for the upcoming spring summer season like Omaha and Kansas City just you name a few. Yea I don’t think we’ll ever reach EWR status but there’s pros and cons with Newark too as I see F9 and NK aren’t happy with the slots they were provided as I know F9 flights are all during off-peaks hours.


Didn't know they were day time slots for them. Wonder there can be more times during the day for them. PHL would need to become a 24 hour airport to match EWR.

I guess we will see F9 dart board routes this year. NK will shall see one or two more routes. Shame that WN can't grow more as well. I think they are second behind American?

Might as well add B6 to SJU and MCO for the wish list
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:50 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

That would be exciting if PHL hit 33mil for 2019 thanks to growth from AA and Frontier and Spirit. I'm guessing terminal E has to be getting close to maxed out soon.

Shame that PHL is just not the same or better than EWR.


Yea I really hope they reach that figure to. I don’t think terminal E will max out yet at least for Frontier since they cut some routes for the upcoming spring summer season like Omaha and Kansas City just you name a few. Yea I don’t think we’ll ever reach EWR status but there’s pros and cons with Newark too as I see F9 and NK aren’t happy with the slots they were provided as I know F9 flights are all during off-peaks hours.


Didn't know they were day time slots for them. Wonder there can be more times during the day for them. PHL would need to become a 24 hour airport to match EWR.

I guess we will see F9 dart board routes this year. NK will shall see one or two more routes. Shame that WN can't grow more as well. I think they are second behind American?

Might as well add B6 to SJU and MCO for the wish list


I shouldn’t have use the term slots since EWR doesn’t do slots anymore but I should have said availability. But still I know F9 pretty much has to fly mostly off-peak hours. I remember B6 mentions few years ago after starting Boston route that San Juan was on there radar but that was back in 2012 so not sure if that’s on there radar now. But still would be awesome for even more competition.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:17 pm

Just looking at AA flights for next year, are we going to be getting a few 737s based in PHL? They are showing up on regular flights to TPA/MCO/SJU/DFW/MIA etc.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 1725
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Just looking at AA flights for next year, are we going to be getting a few 737s based in PHL? They are showing up on regular flights to TPA/MCO/SJU/DFW/MIA etc.


DFW and MIA are already 737 bases.

For TPA/MCO/SJU, they could easily transition aircraft by doing a DFW/MIA to TPA/MCO/SJU to PHL flight.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:58 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
I shouldn’t have use the term slots since EWR doesn’t do slots anymore but I should have said availability. But still I know F9 pretty much has to fly mostly off-peak hours. I remember B6 mentions few years ago after starting Boston route that San Juan was on there radar but that was back in 2012 so not sure if that’s on there radar now. But still would be awesome for even more competition.


I'm not sure why they don't. Its not like all the gates are used every hour. There are available landing and take off times as well. So I guess they need to figure out a way. Plus they are trying to build up the TTN airport as well. I'm at a lost on who is going to grow this year besides American, F9, and NK.
 
gjrip
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:18 pm

Great to see a new thread. Happy New Year everyone! Saw some of the AA 788s the other day. Beautiful. Looking forward to a great year.
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Aerospace Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Seeing 25 AA 737 flights S20, up from just 14 in S19.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:41 pm

gjrip wrote:
Great to see a new thread. Happy New Year everyone! Saw some of the AA 788s the other day. Beautiful. Looking forward to a great year.


Happy New Year to you too. Yea figured keep up with all the other threads and make a 2020. Being from Philadelphia I enjoy the convos. I’m glad AA finally brought in some newer aircraft for it being a hub long overdue
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 376
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:45 pm

https://centreforaviation.com/analysis/ ... 020-507897

One of the few articles that isn’t locked. Interesting that AA could see flights to Accra (I’d assume from PHL) in the near future if Casablanca goes well especially with connections in CMN.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos