Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:59 pm

If no one has heard yet, LH has decided to decommission all of there A340-600's within the next 2-3 months. Since this aircraft was supposed to fly the PHL route this summer I'm curious what they would replace it with. If they even decided to bring back service depending on the status of the pandemic of course.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
If no one has heard yet, LH has decided to decommission all of there A340-600's within the next 2-3 months. Since this aircraft was supposed to fly the PHL route this summer I'm curious what they would replace it with. If they even decided to bring back service depending on the status of the pandemic of course.

I saw that as well. That's a good question. I think LH is parking all the A340s. So I would think a 330 would be good replacement. I would think LH comes back because they run quite a bit of cargo through PHL? It would be a huge loss of PHL didn't have any connection to the German market.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:29 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
If no one has heard yet, LH has decided to decommission all of there A340-600's within the next 2-3 months. Since this aircraft was supposed to fly the PHL route this summer I'm curious what they would replace it with. If they even decided to bring back service depending on the status of the pandemic of course.

I saw that as well. That's a good question. I think LH is parking all the A340s. So I would think a 330 would be good replacement. I would think LH comes back because they run quite a bit of cargo through PHL? It would be a huge loss of PHL didn't have any connection to the German market.


I also realized that with the potential Schengen Area possibly extending there ruling of closing there borders to foreigners into September not sure how much that would affect LH if that was to come true.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:55 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
If no one has heard yet, LH has decided to decommission all of there A340-600's within the next 2-3 months. Since this aircraft was supposed to fly the PHL route this summer I'm curious what they would replace it with. If they even decided to bring back service depending on the status of the pandemic of course.

I saw that as well. That's a good question. I think LH is parking all the A340s. So I would think a 330 would be good replacement. I would think LH comes back because they run quite a bit of cargo through PHL? It would be a huge loss of PHL didn't have any connection to the German market.


I also realized that with the potential Schengen Area possibly extending there ruling of closing there borders to foreigners into September not sure how much that would affect LH if that was to come true.

Wow I didn't realize that was happening. Got any news source for that, I would like a read. It's not out of the wild though.
 
toltommy
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:31 am

PHLspecial wrote:
It would be a huge loss of PHL didn't have any connection to the German market.


While don't think LH will drop PHL, I don't think PHL will be without service to Germany if they did. I'm sure AA would see it as an opportunity, even in this market.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
/762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:07 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
I saw that as well. That's a good question. I think LH is parking all the A340s. So I would think a 330 would be good replacement. I would think LH comes back because they run quite a bit of cargo through PHL? It would be a huge loss of PHL didn't have any connection to the German market.


I also realized that with the potential Schengen Area possibly extending there ruling of closing there borders to foreigners into September not sure how much that would affect LH if that was to come true.

Wow I didn't realize that was happening. Got any news source for that, I would like a read. It's not out of the wild though.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflyi ... osure/amp/

Just one of the articles I read
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
jetsetter629
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:26 pm

toltommy wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
It would be a huge loss of PHL didn't have any connection to the German market.


While don't think LH will drop PHL, I don't think PHL will be without service to Germany if they did. I'm sure AA would see it as an opportunity, even in this market.


SAP provides a huge corporate contract on this route and it will not be going away. Another reason why AA was never able to crack this market once they (formerly US) left Star Alliance
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Is BAW66/67 cargo only flights?

That's right SAP has good hold in the Philly area.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:50 am

jetsetter629 wrote:
toltommy wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
It would be a huge loss of PHL didn't have any connection to the German market.


While don't think LH will drop PHL, I don't think PHL will be without service to Germany if they did. I'm sure AA would see it as an opportunity, even in this market.


SAP provides a huge corporate contract on this route and it will not be going away. Another reason why AA was never able to crack this market once they (formerly US) left Star Alliance


That’s good to know as I personally wasn’t aware of corporate contract between the two. Guess it makes sense why LH flew 747 past few years instead of their a333
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4223
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:53 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Is BAW66/67 cargo only flights?

That's right SAP has good hold in the Philly area.

Yes they appear to be

772: operated on 3/29, 4/2
789: 4/6
788: 4/4, 4/10, 4/17, 4/20
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:23 pm

usairways85 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Is BAW66/67 cargo only flights?

That's right SAP has good hold in the Philly area.

Yes they appear to be

772: operated on 3/29, 4/2
789: 4/6
788: 4/4, 4/10, 4/17, 4/20


Yes, still arriving into gate A17, AA Mgmt meets flight on arrival to allow pilots to clear CBP before they make their way to hotel. Most often leaves midday following afternoon.
 
jplatts
Posts: 4244
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:27 am

While DL already serves SLC nonstop from PHL, the lack of AA nonstop service to SLC from PHL is a hole in AA's network with SLC being one of the largest markets in the entire U.S. that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL. AA also already serves all of the other DL hub airports nonstop from PHL.

Is AA adding PHL-SLC nonstop service likely to happen once demand for domestic air travel returns?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:35 am

jplatts wrote:
While DL already serves SLC nonstop from PHL, the lack of AA nonstop service to SLC from PHL is a hole in AA's network with SLC being one of the largest markets in the entire U.S. that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL. AA also already serves all of the other DL hub airports nonstop from PHL.

Is AA adding PHL-SLC nonstop service likely to happen once demand for domestic air travel returns?

This might be me but I prefer DL first class and economy over AA and IFE as well. I thought AA serves SLC seasonally from PHL.
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:36 am

jplatts wrote:
While DL already serves SLC nonstop from PHL, the lack of AA nonstop service to SLC from PHL is a hole in AA's network with SLC being one of the largest markets in the entire U.S. that AA doesn't currently serve nonstop from PHL. AA also already serves all of the other DL hub airports nonstop from PHL.

Is AA adding PHL-SLC nonstop service likely to happen once demand for domestic air travel returns?


Traditionally SLC is a seasonal summer and holiday flight from PHL, unsure if it’s returning now this summer.
 
iadguy73
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:20 am

AA also axed all Caribbean flights until October and beyond. Only MBJ and PLS is showing starting October.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:31 am

iadguy73 wrote:
AA also axed all Caribbean flights until October and beyond. Only MBJ and PLS is showing starting October.


SJU is scheduled to operate in the summer (returning in June) as an evening departure. PR is currently under lockdown and curfew, possibly going into June so a delay in resumption is possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
iadguy73
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:48 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:40 am

chepos wrote:
iadguy73 wrote:
AA also axed all Caribbean flights until October and beyond. Only MBJ and PLS is showing starting October.


SJU is scheduled to operate in the summer (returning in June) as an evening departure. PR is currently under lockdown and curfew, possibly going into June so a delay in resumption is possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sorry, I was talking in the context of international flights.
 
aerace
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:05 pm

iadguy73 wrote:
AA also axed all Caribbean flights until October and beyond. Only MBJ and PLS is showing starting October.


Traditionally PHL isn't very strong in the Caribbean in the late summer, early fall months (hurricane season) so the resumption of most flights around the holidays makes sense. Seems as though AUA, GCM, NAS, BDA all return throughout October, with STT coming back around Thanksgiving, and SXM, SDQ, PUJ, UVF showing Christmas/New Year's. Not sure how these schedules will change but most are running Saturday/Sunday services which again, isn't too far from the norm.
Last edited by aerace on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:10 pm

AA 777 service is now slated to start LHR route in October.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:39 pm

flyboy7974 wrote:
AA 777 service is now slated to start LHR route in October.


Nice. Where do you see?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3568
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
flyboy7974 wrote:
AA 777 service is now slated to start LHR route in October.


Nice. Where do you see?


If it is, aa.com is still displaying A333.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
flyboy7974 wrote:
AA 777 service is now slated to start LHR route in October.


Nice. Where do you see?


If it is, aa.com is still displaying A333.

Same I look on aa.com I still both the A333 and A332 as filed on Oct. I'm guessing its going to be a while before they get to it
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm

 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:03 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
https://www.phl.org/about/about-us/economic-impact

https://www.phl.org/drupalbin/media/PHL ... spread.pdf

Interesting reports to read if anyone has the time.


Thanks for sharing these links
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:51 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
https://www.phl.org/about/about-us/economic-impact

https://www.phl.org/drupalbin/media/PHL ... spread.pdf

Interesting reports to read if anyone has the time.


Thanks for sharing these links

No problem
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:43 pm

So no one could find a source for this rumored 777 flight correct?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3568
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
So no one could find a source for this rumored 777 flight correct?


Just waiting on flyboy to respond. Though, it’s possible we could see it loaded over the weekend.
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
So no one could find a source for this rumored 777 flight correct?


Just waiting on flyboy to respond. Though, it’s possible we could see it loaded over the weekend.


Unsure when it will load, it was shared with us last week. While A15/16/17 are striped for a 777, discussion was had which other gates to prep for the 777 as a walk of the now closed A West was completed.

Other PHL news, shared from the airport, HiFly is planning A340 cargo sections in the coming month, I believe it was 5 or 6 flights, most likely will use the ramp next to Atlantic on arrival.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:58 pm

flyboy7974 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
So no one could find a source for this rumored 777 flight correct?


Just waiting on flyboy to respond. Though, it’s possible we could see it loaded over the weekend.


Unsure when it will load, it was shared with us last week. While A15/16/17 are striped for a 777, discussion was had which other gates to prep for the 777 as a walk of the now closed A West was completed.

Other PHL news, shared from the airport, HiFly is planning A340 cargo sections in the coming month, I believe it was 5 or 6 flights, most likely will use the ramp next to Atlantic on arrival.


Very excited. Thanks for sharing. Was anything shared on the possibility of more 788s and any 789s coming?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:47 pm

flyboy7974 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
So no one could find a source for this rumored 777 flight correct?


Just waiting on flyboy to respond. Though, it’s possible we could see it loaded over the weekend.


Unsure when it will load, it was shared with us last week. While A15/16/17 are striped for a 777, discussion was had which other gates to prep for the 777 as a walk of the now closed A West was completed.

Other PHL news, shared from the airport, HiFly is planning A340 cargo sections in the coming month, I believe it was 5 or 6 flights, most likely will use the ramp next to Atlantic on arrival.


Seems like A West would have built for code E standards and a few outer A East gates would be code E as well. I remember seeing a B744 in A East in one of the older PHL photos.
That would be cool see more A340s! Thanks for sharing!
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
flyboy7974 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Just waiting on flyboy to respond. Though, it’s possible we could see it loaded over the weekend.


Unsure when it will load, it was shared with us last week. While A15/16/17 are striped for a 777, discussion was had which other gates to prep for the 777 as a walk of the now closed A West was completed.

Other PHL news, shared from the airport, HiFly is planning A340 cargo sections in the coming month, I believe it was 5 or 6 flights, most likely will use the ramp next to Atlantic on arrival.


Very excited. Thanks for sharing. Was anything shared on the possibility of more 788s and any 789s coming?


We’ve been led to believe the 788 is the right size, perfect fit airplane for the PHL TATL operation, closest to what the A332 offered, not saying a 789 won’t be subbed as we’ve seen earlier this year, but the 788 is probably what PHL will see the most of.

Sidenote, A332 tail #291 returned from SAL Friday and is being prepped for its ferry to ROW after a left engine change. Should see this Flightaware soon.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:39 am

Image

Incase if you haven't heard. Is there a way to tune into to the radio that the Blue angels will be flying on tomorrow like liveatc or something?
 
gjrip
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Currently a HiFly A321 from Malta (9H-LIS) is parked at PHL by Atlantic Aviation.
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Playing around with some dummy booking with IcelandAir seems like they are still coming back though with this jet name
BOEING 737 ALL SERIES PASSENGER

Is that the Max or just the 738NG?
 
dfw88
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:39 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Playing around with some dummy booking with IcelandAir seems like they are still coming back though with this jet name
BOEING 737 ALL SERIES PASSENGER

Is that the Max or just the 738NG?


FI doesn't own any 737NG of any type, so either they're planning on leasing some, that's just a filler schedule, or they think the MAX will be back. Most likely the second one. Just a filler schedule which they can tweek, both figuring out whether they're actually going to fly to PHL and what equipment they'll use.
 
gjrip
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:34 pm

gjrip wrote:
Currently a HiFly A321 from Malta (9H-LIS) is parked at PHL by Atlantic Aviation.


Sorry I should have specified it's registered in Malta. It flew here from Atlanta.
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
usairways85
Posts: 4223
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:08 pm

It looks like 9H-LIS flew PHL-YYZ this afternoon
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:15 pm

gjrip wrote:
gjrip wrote:
Currently a HiFly A321 from Malta (9H-LIS) is parked at PHL by Atlantic Aviation.


Sorry I should have specified it's registered in Malta. It flew here from Atlanta.

Is it cargo ops they are doing correct?
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:16 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
gjrip wrote:
gjrip wrote:
Currently a HiFly A321 from Malta (9H-LIS) is parked at PHL by Atlantic Aviation.


Sorry I should have specified it's registered in Malta. It flew here from Atlanta.

Is it cargo ops they are doing correct?


Yes.
 
flyboy7974
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:35 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:17 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
gjrip wrote:

Sorry I should have specified it's registered in Malta. It flew here from Atlanta.

Is it cargo ops they are doing correct?


Yes.


I’ll have to check in morning, but I’m thinking the link below is the HiFly A340 cargo contract signed with PHL airport, I heard it was an A340 requiring CBP on arrival. I didn’t want to post where from originally to minimize unnecessary comments. Let me know if link works.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/9HJAI
 
aerace
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Looks like AA pushed LHR back to July 7th according to today's release. Expected I guess..
 
gjrip
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:57 pm

She just descended through the storm. Definitely headed to PHL!
Image
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:23 pm

gjrip wrote:
She just descended through the storm. Definitely headed to PHL!
Image


Landed around 10:14am
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
lowfareair
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:59 pm

aerace wrote:
Looks like AA pushed LHR back to July 7th according to today's release. Expected I guess..


Agreed, also they are doing 70% cuts through June, which I would expect to be mirroring May's schedule pretty closely.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Is anyone else a little nervous for the future of PHL considering all the types retired were also based at PHL?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Is anyone else a little nervous for the future of PHL considering all the types retired were also based at PHL?

I hope the A332 comes back but yeah it is a little nervous. Though we are getting the B788 and possibly the B789 in 2023.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:41 pm

gjrip wrote:
She just descended through the storm. Definitely headed to PHL!


Thanks for the updates. I would think this is one of the longest flights to land at PHL! Wonder if they will fly back to China in a couple of days for more supplies
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 834
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:48 pm

aerace wrote:
Looks like AA pushed LHR back to July 7th according to today's release. Expected I guess..

Though its interesting that BA67 is flying today. I thought PHL is not a international gateway until the crisis is over. Unless its a cargo flight?
 
phljjs
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:19 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
aerace wrote:
Looks like AA pushed LHR back to July 7th according to today's release. Expected I guess..

Though its interesting that BA67 is flying today. I thought PHL is not a international gateway until the crisis is over. Unless its a cargo flight?


I believe it was already mentioned upthread, but BA is operating cargo flights in and out of PHL a few days a week. Most or all 777s using the normal BA PHL flight numbers.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4223
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:27 pm

FWIW, quite a few aircraft are landing on 17. I presume due to the strong SSE wind. I just saw a UPS 763 on final approach to 17. It looks like a UPS 752 and AA 321 have also landed on 17 within the past few hours.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos