Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
PHLCVGAMTK
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 14, 2020 4:26 pm

lowfareair wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

SNN was set to resume on May 7th this year, so not alongside EDI. What do you think about the other 788 routes I mentioned?


Thanks for the SNN clarification.

Considering AA is using the A321ceo on its MIA-BSB route, they're pushing the aircraft to its limit.

So it's possible AA could schedule more A321neo TATL routes out of PHL. At its max range, the aircraft is capable of reaching pretty much every AA TATL destination from PHL except ATH.


It would require a lie flats seats for anywhere beyond KEF unless IAG removes that requirement in the TATL JV.


Since when was KEF excluded from that requirement in the TATL JV?
 
gjrip
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 14, 2020 7:01 pm

9H-SOL at PHL

Taken by me yesterday evening hanging out of my truck lol.

Image
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 14, 2020 7:33 pm

There have been some of interesting routings into/out of PHL in Covid. PHL-AUH, CAN-PHL, and now you can add HNL-PHL. A Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global 6000 in-flight HNL-PHL.

The HiFly A380 is in flight to Tianjin, so there's that.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 14, 2020 8:41 pm

usairways85 wrote:
There have been some of interesting routings into/out of PHL in Covid. PHL-AUH, CAN-PHL, and now you can add HNL-PHL. A Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global 6000 in-flight HNL-PHL.

The HiFly A380 is in flight to Tianjin, so there's that.

Must be nice to have money to get a private flight HNL-PHL.. Never thought I would see the day we those odd flights
 
crownvic
Posts: 2693
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 3:46 am

gjrip wrote:
9H-SOL at PHL

Taken by me yesterday evening hanging out of my truck lol.

Image


Hey, you are in the hot dog vendors spot. Did you get his permission? :)
 
gjrip
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 11:47 am

crownvic wrote:
gjrip wrote:
9H-SOL at PHL

Taken by me yesterday evening hanging out of my truck lol.

Image


Hey, you are in the hot dog vendors spot. Did you get his permission? :)


Haha no I was actually across the street from his spot! I was the moron holding up traffic with my arms out of the window taking a pic though lol
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
aerace
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 12:36 pm

With the assist from JonNYC, PHL-DBV loaded for summer 21, not that it means anything at the current moment but encouraging none the less...

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/trav ... -dubrovnik
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:02 pm

aerace wrote:
With the assist from JonNYC, PHL-DBV loaded for summer 21, not that it means anything at the current moment but encouraging none the less...

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/trav ... -dubrovnik


I see it’s going till Jan 1st now?!?
 
aerace
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:05 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
aerace wrote:
With the assist from JonNYC, PHL-DBV loaded for summer 21, not that it means anything at the current moment but encouraging none the less...

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/trav ... -dubrovnik


I see it’s going till Jan 1st now?!?


I think there's something wrong there. If you look at the end date it says Jan 2038 so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Still wrapping in October though...
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:10 pm

aerace wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
aerace wrote:
With the assist from JonNYC, PHL-DBV loaded for summer 21, not that it means anything at the current moment but encouraging none the less...

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/trav ... -dubrovnik


I see it’s going till Jan 1st now?!?


I think there's something wrong there. If you look at the end date it says Jan 2038 so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Still wrapping in October though...


Lol I see it now.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:15 pm

So far for next year it’s pretty much confirmed as of now that we will see;

AMS 788
BCN 788?
CDG 788?
DUB 788?
DBV 788
EDI 788
FCO 788?
KEF A32N
LIS 788?
LHR 772?
MAD 788?
MAN 788
SNN 788
ZRH 788

Likely;
ATH 772?
BUD 788?
PRG 788?
VCE 788?

Up in the air;
CMN 2x 788?
TXL 788?

Does AA have enough 788s lol?
 
aerace
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
So far for next year it’s pretty much confirmed as of now that we will see;

AMS 788
BCN 788?
CDG 788?
DUB 788?
DBV 788
EDI 788
FCO 788?
KEF A32N
LIS 788?
LHR 772?
MAD 788?
MAN 788
SNN 788
ZRH 788

Likely;
ATH 772?
BUD 788?
PRG 788?
VCE 788?

Up in the air;
CMN 2x 788?
TXL 788?

Does AA have enough 788s lol?


I wouldn't be surprised if we see 3-4x/week scheduling on a lot of the seasonals.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
So far for next year it’s pretty much confirmed as of now that we will see;

AMS 788
BCN 788?
CDG 788?
DUB 788?
DBV 788
EDI 788
FCO 788?
KEF A32N
LIS 788?
LHR 772?
MAD 788?
MAN 788
SNN 788
ZRH 788

Likely;
ATH 772?
BUD 788?
PRG 788?
VCE 788?

Up in the air;
CMN 2x 788?
TXL 788?

Does AA have enough 788s lol?


There is no way all those routes are daily on a 788. DBV and SNN, LIS probably 4x weekly? EDI 3x?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:40 pm

aerace wrote:
Jan 2038

Ah the end of time, at least on computers. AA ambitious
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:41 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
So far for next year it’s pretty much confirmed as of now that we will see;

AMS 788
BCN 788?
CDG 788?
DUB 788?
DBV 788
EDI 788
FCO 788?
KEF A32N
LIS 788?
LHR 772?
MAD 788?
MAN 788
SNN 788
ZRH 788

Likely;
ATH 772?
BUD 788?
PRG 788?
VCE 788?

Up in the air;
CMN 2x 788?
TXL 788?

Does AA have enough 788s lol?


There is no way all those routes are daily on a 788. DBV and SNN, LIS probably 4x weekly? EDI 3x?


SNN is 5x weekly
DBV is Daily
LIS is Daily
EDI is 6x weekly
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 1:52 pm

Besides the approximate 10 788 AA is supposed to receive by the end of the year does any body know how many they are going to receive in 2021? And if any will be received prior to the summer season for 2021?
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 pm

My guess would be around 15 788s would need to be based at PHL along with 772s. I guess you could pull some from DFW and ORD.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
So far for next year it’s pretty much confirmed as of now that we will see;

AMS 788
BCN 788?
CDG 788?
DUB 788?
DBV 788
EDI 788
FCO 788?
KEF A32N
LIS 788?
LHR 772?
MAD 788?
MAN 788
SNN 788
ZRH 788

Likely;
ATH 772?
BUD 788?
PRG 788?
VCE 788?

Up in the air;
CMN 2x 788?
TXL 788?

Does AA have enough 788s lol?


CMN might be able to be served with the A321neo since it's excluded from the TATL JV.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
My guess would be around 15 788s would need to be based at PHL along with 772s. I guess you could pull some from DFW and ORD.


Yea just so hard to tell right now where other 788s will come from with out compromising other routes from other hubs. Nonetheless next year looks promising
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 pm

HiFly A380 on the move...watch out for her...no destination identified yet.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/9HMIP
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 pm

usairways85 wrote:
HiFly A380 on the move...watch out for her...no destination identified yet.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/9HMIP

Assuming it's going to the East coast area either YUL or PHL you are looking at a 12-14 hour mission it would be landing here after 4am tomorrow.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 5:28 am

Weekend updates:
- Philadelphia to Rome is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- Philadelphia to Madrid is still loaded on the A330-200 from July to August 17 (likely to switch). It's currently set to switch to the 788 on August 18.
- PHL-CDG is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- As talked about recently, PHL-LHR will now see the 777-200ER starting October 24, marking the aircraft's first entrance into PHL.
- March 28, 2021, PHL-LHR will see 2x daily 777-200ERs
- PHL-LIS on the 788 when resuming on March 27, 2020.

A333's look like they've been completely removed.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 1:12 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad to see some positivity for PHL going forward.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Weekend updates:
- Philadelphia to Rome is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- Philadelphia to Madrid is still loaded on the A330-200 from July to August 17 (likely to switch). It's currently set to switch to the 788 on August 18.
- PHL-CDG is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- As talked about recently, PHL-LHR will now see the 777-200ER starting October 24, marking the aircraft's first entrance into PHL.
- March 28, 2021, PHL-LHR will see 2x daily 777-200ERs
- PHL-LIS on the 788 when resuming on March 27, 2020.

A333's look like they've been completely removed.

Thanks for the update. The A332 will probably removed next few weeks. I'm curious will 2 772 will be based here or they will come from different hubs. I'm going to guess it would come from LAX and DFW
 
nascar1
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 4:08 pm

PHL-BCN sees also the 788 from March 27, 2021.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 4:11 pm

How many seats did the A330s have compared to the 787 and 777s?
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 4:24 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Weekend updates:
- Philadelphia to Rome is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- Philadelphia to Madrid is still loaded on the A330-200 from July to August 17 (likely to switch). It's currently set to switch to the 788 on August 18.
- PHL-CDG is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- As talked about recently, PHL-LHR will now see the 777-200ER starting October 24, marking the aircraft's first entrance into PHL.
- March 28, 2021, PHL-LHR will see 2x daily 777-200ERs
- PHL-LIS on the 788 when resuming on March 27, 2020.

A333's look like they've been completely removed.

Thanks for the update. The A332 will probably removed next few weeks. I'm curious will 2 772 will be based here or they will come from different hubs. I'm going to guess it would come from LAX and DFW


Either that or it could fly in from ORD, or even rotate it through LHR similar to PHX/RDU's LHR flights.

Nicknuzzii wrote:
How many seats did the A330s have compared to the 787 and 777s?


A330-300: 28J/263Y - 291 Total
A330-200 20J/21W/206Y - 247 Total
787-8: 20J/28W/186Y - 234 Total
787-9: 30J/21W/234Y - 285 Total
777-200ER: 37J/24W/212Y - 272 Total
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 4:28 pm

Ishrion wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Weekend updates:
- Philadelphia to Rome is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- Philadelphia to Madrid is still loaded on the A330-200 from July to August 17 (likely to switch). It's currently set to switch to the 788 on August 18.
- PHL-CDG is now 787-8 when resuming in late-October
- As talked about recently, PHL-LHR will now see the 777-200ER starting October 24, marking the aircraft's first entrance into PHL.
- March 28, 2021, PHL-LHR will see 2x daily 777-200ERs
- PHL-LIS on the 788 when resuming on March 27, 2020.

A333's look like they've been completely removed.

Thanks for the update. The A332 will probably removed next few weeks. I'm curious will 2 772 will be based here or they will come from different hubs. I'm going to guess it would come from LAX and DFW


Either that or it could from ORD, or even rotate it through LHR similar to PHX/RDU's LHR flights.

Nicknuzzii wrote:
How many seats did the A330s have compared to the 787 and 777s?


A330-300: 28J/263Y - 291 Total
A330-200 20J/21W/206Y - 247 Total
787-8: 20J/28W/186Y - 234 Total
787-9: 30J/21W/234Y - 285 Total
777-200ER: 37J/24W/212Y - 272 Total


Thanks! Definitely lots of lost seats but they probably weren’t going to be filled anyway. I’m surprised they won’t put the 789 on routes like FCO or even DUB.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Thanks! Definitely lots of lost seats but they probably weren’t going to be filled anyway. I’m surprised they won’t put the 789 on routes like FCO or even DUB.


They are probably going to use the B789 out of the more profitable hubs. Also the B772 has a lot more premium seats no idea how they would fill those. PHL is more of a connecting hub so I would expect traffic to be slow to here.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 am

Icelandair cancels PHL service for this year. I’m totally not surprised

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
Icelandair cancels PHL service for this year. I’m totally not surprised

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/

Bummer, it sucks. Plus you could have flowed from EWR cheaper...
Besides BA will be even see any other international carriers comeback before October?
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon May 18, 2020 4:53 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
Icelandair cancels PHL service for this year. I’m totally not surprised

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/

Bummer, it sucks. Plus you could have flowed from EWR cheaper...
Besides BA will be even see any other international carriers comeback before October?


EI is supposed to resume PHL next week. Now if that will happen, who knows. LH seems to be planning on resuming in July.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 10:11 am

This was covered in the American Airlines Thread but AA updated there summer 2021 schedule with the following

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/

I don’t see Budapest but again they might not be done scheduling.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
This was covered in the American Airlines Thread but AA updated there summer 2021 schedule with the following

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/

I don’t see Budapest but again they might not be done scheduling.


Routesonline is usually my go to but some of the dates seem way off.

I’m glad that all these routes are planned but we’re only really going to all 788s and 2 772s? It’s might be a little boring. Lol.
 
aerace
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 12:06 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
This was covered in the American Airlines Thread but AA updated there summer 2021 schedule with the following

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/
:D
I don’t see Budapest but again they might not be done scheduling.


Routesonline is usually my go to but some of the dates seem way off.

I’m glad that all these routes are planned but we’re only really going to all 788s and 2 772s? It’s might be a little boring. Lol.


I will take that any day if that means I never have to step on a 763 for a TATL flight the rest of my life. :P
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2854
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:

I’m glad that all these routes are planned but we’re only really going to all 788s and 2 772s? It’s might be a little boring. Lol.


Look at Charlotte
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 12:17 pm

aerace wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
This was covered in the American Airlines Thread but AA updated there summer 2021 schedule with the following

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/
:D
I don’t see Budapest but again they might not be done scheduling.


Routesonline is usually my go to but some of the dates seem way off.

I’m glad that all these routes are planned but we’re only really going to all 788s and 2 772s? It’s might be a little boring. Lol.


I will take that any day if that means I never have to step on a 763 for a TATL flight the rest of my life. :P


Ok you actually got a point there!
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 12:18 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

I’m glad that all these routes are planned but we’re only really going to all 788s and 2 772s? It’s might be a little boring. Lol.


Look at Charlotte


True. I’m definitely not mad about it but when we went from 4 types to just 2 it’s a little shocking. CLT went from 2 to 1.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 12:19 pm

What do we think is up with BUD and CMN? BUD performed decently last summer and CMN was selling very well.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 1:12 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
This was covered in the American Airlines Thread but AA updated there summer 2021 schedule with the following

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-17may20/

I don’t see Budapest but again they might not be done scheduling.


Routesonline is usually my go to but some of the dates seem way off.

I’m glad that all these routes are planned but we’re only really going to all 788s and 2 772s? It’s might be a little boring. Lol.


Yea that site is my go to as well. Lol yea so PHL as a whole will see AA 788s, AA 772s, QR 350-900, BA 350-1000, EI 321LR and LH 330-300 as projected for wide bodies/international for now.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
gjrip
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue May 19, 2020 8:08 pm

Anyone know what's going regarding an Icelandair B732 heading here from Reykjavik tonight at 7:20?
PHL spotter - Leonardo Helicopters Engineer - Old City, Philly
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed May 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Anyone have the March statistics? Link isn’t working for me.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed May 20, 2020 3:10 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Anyone have the March statistics? Link isn’t working for me.

It worked yesterday. In general I guess not terrible, but down 15-20% in general, international a little more.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed May 20, 2020 3:26 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
Anyone have the March statistics? Link isn’t working for me.

It worked yesterday. In general I guess not terrible, but down 15-20% in general, international a little more.


Thank you! Seems interesting that AA is operating over 125 flights today. If they would add a 3rd bank back we would easily see almost 200 flights a day.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm

https://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports. ... rier=FACTS

According this data, AA has not changed much in the past year. The big growth in terms of passengers is due to Frontier and Spirit airlines.
The top five airlines is
1. American
2. Southwest
3. Frontier
4. Delta
5. Spirit

My expectation is that Frontier will pass Southwest this year and Spirit will leap over Delta.

It's impressive how many passengers pass through Terminal E versus AA mainline terminals
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 21, 2020 1:58 am

PHLspecial wrote:
https://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1&Airport=PHL&carrier=FACTS

According this data, AA has not changed much in the past year. The big growth in terms of passengers is due to Frontier and Spirit airlines.
The top five airlines is
1. American
2. Southwest
3. Frontier
4. Delta
5. Spirit

My expectation is that Frontier will pass Southwest this year and Spirit will leap over Delta.

It's impressive how many passengers pass through Terminal E versus AA mainline terminals

It’s hard to tell if Eagle carriers are bucketed under AA or Other. It also doesn’t count AA’s international growth.
 
PHL1013
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:30 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 am

HiFly flight HFM532P A340 is currently departing PHL
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 21, 2020 12:03 pm

usairways85 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
https://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1&Airport=PHL&carrier=FACTS

According this data, AA has not changed much in the past year. The big growth in terms of passengers is due to Frontier and Spirit airlines.
The top five airlines is
1. American
2. Southwest
3. Frontier
4. Delta
5. Spirit

My expectation is that Frontier will pass Southwest this year and Spirit will leap over Delta.

It's impressive how many passengers pass through Terminal E versus AA mainline terminals

It’s hard to tell if Eagle carriers are bucketed under AA or Other. It also doesn’t count AA’s international growth.


Right this data is for domestic travel only. Thinking about it United is 1M, JetBlue + Alaska + Sun Country probably adds up to 1M. So yeah I would think AE is bucketed under Other along with Delta Connections and United Express
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 21, 2020 2:57 pm

Is Frontier flying to PHL-PIT? FFT1046
Or a deadhead flight?
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu May 21, 2020 3:11 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Is Frontier flying to PHL-PIT? FFT1046
Or a deadhead flight?

I think it is part of a triangular route with a Florida destination

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos