Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:04 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... 507ece446d

Forbes article in regards to how PHL passenger growth is coming back faster than Newark
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:44 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2020/06/08/why-philadelphia-international-airport-is-coming-back-faster-than-newark/#33507ece446d

Forbes article in regards to how PHL passenger growth is coming back faster than Newark


It amazes that PHL is a good connecting airport in the northeast for domestic flights. I guess having Terminal A B C close to each other helps with F being a fast bus ride. Hopefully NY and Washington centers don't hurt us. Yay for domestic growth but International traffic that was a bit sad to read.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:35 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2020/06/08/why-philadelphia-international-airport-is-coming-back-faster-than-newark/#33507ece446d

Forbes article in regards to how PHL passenger growth is coming back faster than Newark


It amazes that PHL is a good connecting airport in the northeast for domestic flights. I guess having Terminal A B C close to each other helps with F being a fast bus ride. Hopefully NY and Washington centers don't hurt us. Yay for domestic growth but International traffic that was a bit sad to read.


Yea international traffic is sad and probably won’t see anything significant til possible fall.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:32 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2020/06/08/why-philadelphia-international-airport-is-coming-back-faster-than-newark/#33507ece446d

Forbes article in regards to how PHL passenger growth is coming back faster than Newark

I think it is more about the different approach each airline (AA and UA) have taken to bring back service and not something that fundamentally stands out about PHL. EWR will start to see international traffic from UA and others which PHL seems months away from.
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:54 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2020/06/08/why-philadelphia-international-airport-is-coming-back-faster-than-newark/#33507ece446d

Forbes article in regards to how PHL passenger growth is coming back faster than Newark

I think it is more about the different approach each airline (AA and UA) have taken to bring back service and not something that fundamentally stands out about PHL. EWR will start to see international traffic from UA and others which PHL seems months away from.


If PHL was approved from the jump, I think we would be in a lot better of a position internationally. I tried to locate information on whether an airport can get approved outside of the initial 13, but there doesn’t seem to be much out there. Gotta just wait I guess..
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:30 pm

I did some work and I believe Frontier so far will offer well over 4 million (4.36) seats from PHL in 2021. They will peak at 32 flights a day with a mix of 320/321s but most tend to be on the 320s. Very good to see. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5 million seats be 2022.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
I did some work and I believe Frontier so far will offer well over 4 million (4.36) seats from PHL in 2021. They will peak at 32 flights a day with a mix of 320/321s but most tend to be on the 320s. Very good to see. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5 million seats be 2022.


If Frontier hits 60% of the 4 million seats they would be second busiest airline at PHL. Glad to see they are boosting numbers here.

I guess AA can't wait for more OASIS planes huh? I guess they would be trying to chase after ULCC customers.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
I did some work and I believe Frontier so far will offer well over 4 million (4.36) seats from PHL in 2021. They will peak at 32 flights a day with a mix of 320/321s but most tend to be on the 320s. Very good to see. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5 million seats be 2022.


I'm really curious to see if F9 uses the 321XLR in PHL in 2023. I have a feeling they will it would just be a matter of where to. Overall F9 definitely making its mark in Philly
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
I did some work and I believe Frontier so far will offer well over 4 million (4.36) seats from PHL in 2021. They will peak at 32 flights a day with a mix of 320/321s but most tend to be on the 320s. Very good to see. I wouldn’t be surprised to see 5 million seats be 2022.


I'm really curious to see if F9 uses the 321XLR in PHL in 2023. I have a feeling they will it would just be a matter of where to. Overall F9 definitely making its mark in Philly


I think MIA/EWR/PHL are all possibilities for the XLR. Do we think F9 get’s frisky and tries Europe? If they don’t start TATL I’m not sure what is up because 18 XLR’s would be a little much for only Hawai’i and SA services.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5210
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:45 pm

ULCC TATL simply doesn't work. You need the front cabin to make up for the costs of the flights.

I think F9 will have some more adds along the way if it continues to view AA as weak and vulnerable. There is plenty of domestic adds they can make at PHL.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:47 pm

tphuang wrote:
ULCC TATL simply doesn't work. You need the front cabin to make up for the costs of the flights.

I think F9 will have some more adds along the way if it continues to view AA as weak and vulnerable. There is plenty of domestic adds they can make at PHL.


Any ideas of where for domestic adds?
 
tphuang
Posts: 5210
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
tphuang wrote:
ULCC TATL simply doesn't work. You need the front cabin to make up for the costs of the flights.

I think F9 will have some more adds along the way if it continues to view AA as weak and vulnerable. There is plenty of domestic adds they can make at PHL.


Any ideas of where for domestic adds?

i think i"d be the last person to know where F9 would make its adds. They seem to have their own system.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:25 am

https://www.phl.org/about/news/fast-facts

Looking at the fast facts I didn't know that both Southwest and Delta held steady at 2 million for 2019 but Frontier had 2 million and well.

Also I would think that BA is carrying more cargo then LH in 2019 that wasn't simply reported?
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:21 pm

F9 begins? Resumes? PHL-CVG next April. It will be 4-5x weekly.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:27 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
F9 begins? Resumes? PHL-CVG next April. It will be 4-5x weekly.


They can never make up their minds with this route lol smh. Still nice to see them expanding in PHL overall
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 pm

https://www.anna.aero/2020/06/15/americ ... and-least/

Seat count for PHL is reported as down but overall still going strong with new routes by American
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 pm

While obviously not a near term problem but down the line, will F9 require their own terminal? They have only been at PHL for less than 10 years and now plan on having over 30 departures on peak days next year. I think we can all agree that F9 will likely have 50+ departures by 2025. Right now PHL obviously caters to AA but down the road will it shift more towards F9?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:11 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
While obviously not a near term problem but down the line, will F9 require their own terminal? They have only been at PHL for less than 10 years and now plan on having over 30 departures on peak days next year. I think we can all agree that F9 will likely have 50+ departures by 2025. Right now PHL obviously caters to AA but down the road will it shift more towards F9?

Doesn't Terminal D have a few gates open now? It's not like Delta or United will expand at PHL. Alaska and Sun Country only need one gate total.
I don't see F9 getting their own terminal unless they want to pay for the upgrades to the terminal.
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:40 pm

Checking the schedules, it also appears that F9 is going year round to RDU, and with just 4-5 weeks off early September to mid October, PBI and SRQ.
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:58 pm

Also looks like a nice push by B6 into PHL. Been waiting for SJU for a while now but even MORE Florida routes. It's getting dizzy keeping track..

PHL-MCO, PBI 2x
PHL-TPA, SJU, RSW 1x

http://blueir.investproductions.com/inv ... -143034427
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:11 pm

I don’t think anyone really saw this coming for PHL. F9 is going to be livid.
 
lowfareair
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:41 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
I don’t think anyone really saw this coming for PHL. F9 is going to be livid.


F9 and AA. Now AA has to not only fight low fares with F9/NK, they also have to fight against better inflight product (PTVs, more legroom, free wifi, etc.) with B6. These are leisure routes, so they can't rely too heavily on their elites (who might care more about lounge access and possible upgrades/free bags) to keep marketshare.
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:51 pm

lowfareair wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
I don’t think anyone really saw this coming for PHL. F9 is going to be livid.


F9 and AA. Now AA has to not only fight low fares with F9/NK, they also have to fight against better inflight product (PTVs, more legroom, free wifi, etc.) with B6. These are leisure routes, so they can't rely too heavily on their elites (who might care more about lounge access and possible upgrades/free bags) to keep marketshare.


But let me tell ya. As AA Gold for the last 6 years and having been granted status already for 2021 because of Covid, I will 100% be inclined to test out these flights. Always wanted to give B6 a whirl.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:01 pm

lowfareair wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
I don’t think anyone really saw this coming for PHL. F9 is going to be livid.


F9 and AA. Now AA has to not only fight low fares with F9/NK, they also have to fight against better inflight product (PTVs, more legroom, free wifi, etc.) with B6. These are leisure routes, so they can't rely too heavily on their elites (who might care more about lounge access and possible upgrades/free bags) to keep marketshare.

This is also an attack on WN. They have been hanging on by a thread on PHL-Florida. PHL-MCO is down to 2x day when WN/FL used to be ~8x day

Yes, this is a bit of an attack on AA. I know there is a lot of low hanging fruit on PHL-Florida that AA is not interested in, but they are now competing against at least 3x flights a day on all major Florida markets from WN, B6, NK, and F9. And competing against almost 10x flights a day on PHL-MCO.
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:21 pm

usairways85 wrote:
lowfareair wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
I don’t think anyone really saw this coming for PHL. F9 is going to be livid.


F9 and AA. Now AA has to not only fight low fares with F9/NK, they also have to fight against better inflight product (PTVs, more legroom, free wifi, etc.) with B6. These are leisure routes, so they can't rely too heavily on their elites (who might care more about lounge access and possible upgrades/free bags) to keep marketshare.

This is also an attack on WN. They have been hanging on by a thread on PHL-Florida. PHL-MCO is down to 2x day when WN/FL used to be ~8x day

Yes, this is a bit of an attack on AA. I know there is a lot of low hanging fruit on PHL-Florida that AA is not interested in, but they are now competing against at least 3x flights a day on all major Florida markets from WN, B6, NK, and F9. And competing against almost 10x flights a day on PHL-MCO.


It's worth noting that WN still runs 5x on weekends which is still pretty impressive considering the past draw down. If you randomly take Saturday 12/12, with the B6 adds, PHL-MCO is going to be 25x which is straight bonkers.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:25 pm

aerace wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
lowfareair wrote:

F9 and AA. Now AA has to not only fight low fares with F9/NK, they also have to fight against better inflight product (PTVs, more legroom, free wifi, etc.) with B6. These are leisure routes, so they can't rely too heavily on their elites (who might care more about lounge access and possible upgrades/free bags) to keep marketshare.

This is also an attack on WN. They have been hanging on by a thread on PHL-Florida. PHL-MCO is down to 2x day when WN/FL used to be ~8x day

Yes, this is a bit of an attack on AA. I know there is a lot of low hanging fruit on PHL-Florida that AA is not interested in, but they are now competing against at least 3x flights a day on all major Florida markets from WN, B6, NK, and F9. And competing against almost 10x flights a day on PHL-MCO.


It's worth noting that WN still runs 5x on weekends which is still pretty impressive considering the past draw down. If you randomly take Saturday 12/12, with the B6 adds, PHL-MCO is going to be 25x which is straight bonkers.


That is a scary number. I’m scared to see loads.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Wow I definitely wasn’t expecting JetBlue to add anymore service especially with the world today. I’m really now curious on gate space and usage at Terminal E with increase in flights
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:43 pm

aerace wrote:
But let me tell ya. As AA Gold for the last 6 years and having been granted status already for 2021 because of Covid, I will 100% be inclined to test out these flights. Always wanted to give B6 a whirl.


I have flow B6 to FLL before. So worth it. Though I was on the older product it was still amazing to use. Seats great. The new PTV looks great.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:46 pm

aerace wrote:
Also looks like a nice push by B6 into PHL. Been waiting for SJU for a while now but even MORE Florida routes. It's getting dizzy keeping track..

PHL-MCO, PBI 2x
PHL-TPA, SJU, RSW 1x

http://blueir.investproductions.com/inv ... -143034427


It's crazy to think that JetBlue would even try this. I thought that PHL will always be on the back burner of JetBlue. I'm jumping up and down for joy. Insane times and exciting

Bigant0408 wrote:
Wow I definitely wasn’t expecting JetBlue to add anymore service especially with the world today. I’m really now curious on gate space and usage at Terminal E with increase in flights


Yeah I didn't think so either. Super exciting. Currently JetBlue has two gates (E2, E4). Don't know if they can get more.
 
PHLCVGAMTK
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:26 pm

If B6 is serious about getting and sustaining the PHL remedy slot pair at LHR (among others) for their A321LRs, then it makes all the sense in the world to open up new Florida routes from PHL, so they can get both PHL-FL O&D and another gateway to flow London passengers over.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Overall all of these recent expansions are great for PHL. I always thought B6 would start at least MCO and SJU years ago but I guess maybe they were playing it safe. I am curious that they are starting all of these new routes in August instead of maybe Fall season. Ready to see what the actually schedules will look like come Friday.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:28 pm

PHLCVGAMTK wrote:
If B6 is serious about getting and sustaining the PHL remedy slot pair at LHR (among others) for their A321LRs, then it makes all the sense in the world to open up new Florida routes from PHL, so they can get both PHL-FL O&D and another gateway to flow London passengers over.


Funny I was kind of thinking the same thing if that's a possibility.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:35 pm

PHLCVGAMTK wrote:
If B6 is serious about getting and sustaining the PHL remedy slot pair at LHR (among others) for their A321LRs, then it makes all the sense in the world to open up new Florida routes from PHL, so they can get both PHL-FL O&D and another gateway to flow London passengers over.

Which in any case is there an update to that ruling or when we could expect one?
Interesting they would be going up against the AA/BA JV. PHL could use that competition. I wonder if they would have partners one the other side of the Atlantic.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
PHLCVGAMTK wrote:
If B6 is serious about getting and sustaining the PHL remedy slot pair at LHR (among others) for their A321LRs, then it makes all the sense in the world to open up new Florida routes from PHL, so they can get both PHL-FL O&D and another gateway to flow London passengers over.

Which in any case is there an update to that ruling or when we could expect one?
Interesting they would be going up against the AA/BA JV. PHL could use that competition. I wonder if they would have partners one the other side of the Atlantic.


Codeshares with Aer Lingus and Icelandair
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1153
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 pm

I think EWR will definitely be prioritized for London. But, I do think both have great possibilities.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Codeshares with Aer Lingus and Icelandair

In theory tickets could be sold to feed Aer Lingus and Icelandair at PHL?
I figured the codeshares would be prefer for BOS. It's just a thought
 
phllax
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:10 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
aerace wrote:
But let me tell ya. As AA Gold for the last 6 years and having been granted status already for 2021 because of Covid, I will 100% be inclined to test out these flights. Always wanted to give B6 a whirl.


I have flow B6 to FLL before. So worth it. Though I was on the older product it was still amazing to use. Seats great. The new PTV looks great.


Just keep in mind that while approx. 50% completed, some of the birds still in the original configuration are quite beaten up inside, but I can attest from being on 2 Phase 1 planes and several Mint 321's that they look amazing.
 
PHLCVGAMTK
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:02 am

PHLspecial wrote:
PHLCVGAMTK wrote:
If B6 is serious about getting and sustaining the PHL remedy slot pair at LHR (among others) for their A321LRs, then it makes all the sense in the world to open up new Florida routes from PHL, so they can get both PHL-FL O&D and another gateway to flow London passengers over.

Which in any case is there an update to that ruling or when we could expect one?
Interesting they would be going up against the AA/BA JV. PHL could use that competition. I wonder if they would have partners one the other side of the Atlantic.


Going up against the AA/BA JV is the point; these are LHR slots that are up for reassignment in response to market overconcentration for four AA hub markets: Boston, Dallas, Miami, and Philadelphia. B6 is interested because they'd be free slots into LHR, so free from PHL > $70 million from JFK, or rather havng a PHL-assigned slot pair already makes the business case for paying for one for their hub operation, a lot better for them. The PHL slot you may remember was originally awarded to DL after the AA/US merger, but this is now being described as having been handled improperly at the time, so it may or may not be getting put up for grabs again. No clue when we'll hear about a decision, but then again we're still living in the COVID era, so time is a flat circle and has no meaning.
 
phllax
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:04 am

PHLspecial wrote:
aerace wrote:
Also looks like a nice push by B6 into PHL. Been waiting for SJU for a while now but even MORE Florida routes. It's getting dizzy keeping track..

PHL-MCO, PBI 2x
PHL-TPA, SJU, RSW 1x

http://blueir.investproductions.com/inv ... -143034427


It's crazy to think that JetBlue would even try this. I thought that PHL will always be on the back burner of JetBlue. I'm jumping up and down for joy. Insane times and exciting

Bigant0408 wrote:
Wow I definitely wasn’t expecting JetBlue to add anymore service especially with the world today. I’m really now curious on gate space and usage at Terminal E with increase in flights


Yeah I didn't think so either. Super exciting. Currently JetBlue has two gates (E2, E4). Don't know if they can get more.


Pre-Covid, WN only used E9 for a RON and originator. It looks like F9 is using it now. WN also uses different gates in the rotunda depending on AC type. I have only seen 800's at E12, 14, 16 and 17, and 700's in 11, 13 and 15.

I can't remember if E1 still has a jetway or not and if it's even still available due to the baggage tent. Depending on the schedule and how many BOS flights come back, they should be able to pull it off with 3 gates.
 
phllax
Posts: 605
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:53 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:31 am

B6 schedule is up, using 12/15 as an example
To SJU at 2:25 pm - 7:11 pm
From SJU at 10:35 - 1:30 pm

To PBI at 11 am - 1:34 pm
To PBI at 6:25pm - 9:01 pm
From PBI at 7:45 am - 10:13 am
From PBI at 3:10 pm - 5:40 Pm

To RSW at 9:35 am - 12:23 pm
From RSW at 1:10 pm - 3:45 pm

To TPA at 2:15 pm - 4:40 pm
From TPA at 5:25 pm - 8:04 pm

To MCO at 7:40 am - 10:02 am
To MCO at 4:30 pm - 6:57 pm
From MCO at 11:00 am - 1:27 pm
From MCO at 7:45 pm - 10:10 pm

Schedules for FLL remains as is, with either 1 or 2 daily flights and BOS remains at 8 flights all on the 190. Total of 16 flights when FLL is 2x.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:47 am

phllax wrote:
B6 schedule is up, using 12/15 as an example
To SJU at 2:25 pm - 7:11 pm
From SJU at 10:35 - 1:30 pm

To PBI at 11 am - 1:34 pm
To PBI at 6:25pm - 9:01 pm
From PBI at 7:45 am - 10:13 am
From PBI at 3:10 pm - 5:40 Pm

To RSW at 9:35 am - 12:23 pm
From RSW at 1:10 pm - 3:45 pm

To TPA at 2:15 pm - 4:40 pm
From TPA at 5:25 pm - 8:04 pm

To MCO at 7:40 am - 10:02 am
To MCO at 4:30 pm - 6:57 pm
From MCO at 11:00 am - 1:27 pm
From MCO at 7:45 pm - 10:10 pm

Schedules for FLL remains as is, with either 1 or 2 daily flights and BOS remains at 8 flights all on the 190. Total of 16 flights when FLL is 2x.


Thanks for sharing. Decent times for all of them especially the SJU flight.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
phllax wrote:
B6 schedule is up, using 12/15 as an example
To SJU at 2:25 pm - 7:11 pm
From SJU at 10:35 - 1:30 pm

To PBI at 11 am - 1:34 pm
To PBI at 6:25pm - 9:01 pm
From PBI at 7:45 am - 10:13 am
From PBI at 3:10 pm - 5:40 Pm

To RSW at 9:35 am - 12:23 pm
From RSW at 1:10 pm - 3:45 pm

To TPA at 2:15 pm - 4:40 pm
From TPA at 5:25 pm - 8:04 pm

To MCO at 7:40 am - 10:02 am
To MCO at 4:30 pm - 6:57 pm
From MCO at 11:00 am - 1:27 pm
From MCO at 7:45 pm - 10:10 pm

Schedules for FLL remains as is, with either 1 or 2 daily flights and BOS remains at 8 flights all on the 190. Total of 16 flights when FLL is 2x.


Thanks for sharing. Decent times for all of them especially the SJU flight.


I'm actually a bit disappointed in the SJU flight. Was hoping it was an early AM departure and later PM to capitalize on the travel days.
 
usairways85
Posts: 4158
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:20 pm

I do not think we see 8x day on BOS-PHL this year. I just don't think the business travel will warrant it.

Something has to give in the schedule because the PHL-RSW aircraft needs to come from somewhere.
Edit: Maybe it's a RON from the 8:04pm TPA arrival

At least 3 B6 aircraft on the ground at 1:30pm
 
crj900lr
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:37 pm

phllax wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
aerace wrote:
Also looks like a nice push by B6 into PHL. Been waiting for SJU for a while now but even MORE Florida routes. It's getting dizzy keeping track..

PHL-MCO, PBI 2x
PHL-TPA, SJU, RSW 1x

http://blueir.investproductions.com/inv ... -143034427


It's crazy to think that JetBlue would even try this. I thought that PHL will always be on the back burner of JetBlue. I'm jumping up and down for joy. Insane times and exciting

Bigant0408 wrote:
Wow I definitely wasn’t expecting JetBlue to add anymore service especially with the world today. I’m really now curious on gate space and usage at Terminal E with increase in flights


Yeah I didn't think so either. Super exciting. Currently JetBlue has two gates (E2, E4). Don't know if they can get more.


Pre-Covid, WN only used E9 for a RON and originator. It looks like F9 is using it now. WN also uses different gates in the rotunda depending on AC type. I have only seen 800's at E12, 14, 16 and 17, and 700's in 11, 13 and 15.

I can't remember if E1 still has a jetway or not and if it's even still available due to the baggage tent. Depending on the schedule and how many BOS flights come back, they should be able to pull it off with 3 gates.



I believe E1 is used by Spirit and the baggage tent that is right there was turned into a GSE shop for Piedmont.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5210
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:41 pm

usairways85 wrote:
I do not think we see 8x day on BOS-PHL this year. I just don't think the business travel will warrant it.

Something has to give in the schedule because the PHL-RSW aircraft needs to come from somewhere.
Edit: Maybe it's a RON from the 8:04pm TPA arrival

At least 3 B6 aircraft on the ground at 1:30pm

right, no way 8x BOS-PHL anytime soon. I'm not sure what AA is doing with this much frequency. The business market certainly doesn't support it.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:47 pm

aerace wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
phllax wrote:
B6 schedule is up, using 12/15 as an example
To SJU at 2:25 pm - 7:11 pm
From SJU at 10:35 - 1:30 pm

To PBI at 11 am - 1:34 pm
To PBI at 6:25pm - 9:01 pm
From PBI at 7:45 am - 10:13 am
From PBI at 3:10 pm - 5:40 Pm

To RSW at 9:35 am - 12:23 pm
From RSW at 1:10 pm - 3:45 pm

To TPA at 2:15 pm - 4:40 pm
From TPA at 5:25 pm - 8:04 pm

To MCO at 7:40 am - 10:02 am
To MCO at 4:30 pm - 6:57 pm
From MCO at 11:00 am - 1:27 pm
From MCO at 7:45 pm - 10:10 pm

Schedules for FLL remains as is, with either 1 or 2 daily flights and BOS remains at 8 flights all on the 190. Total of 16 flights when FLL is 2x.


Thanks for sharing. Decent times for all of them especially the SJU flight.


I'm actually a bit disappointed in the SJU flight. Was hoping it was an early AM departure and later PM to capitalize on the travel days.


I was just thinking overall it was better than a 1 or 2 am arrival into SJU as I've seen on some other Jetblue flights on this route. I do see your point tho.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:50 pm

aerace wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
phllax wrote:
B6 schedule is up, using 12/15 as an example
To SJU at 2:25 pm - 7:11 pm
From SJU at 10:35 - 1:30 pm

To PBI at 11 am - 1:34 pm
To PBI at 6:25pm - 9:01 pm
From PBI at 7:45 am - 10:13 am
From PBI at 3:10 pm - 5:40 Pm

To RSW at 9:35 am - 12:23 pm
From RSW at 1:10 pm - 3:45 pm

To TPA at 2:15 pm - 4:40 pm
From TPA at 5:25 pm - 8:04 pm

To MCO at 7:40 am - 10:02 am
To MCO at 4:30 pm - 6:57 pm
From MCO at 11:00 am - 1:27 pm
From MCO at 7:45 pm - 10:10 pm

Schedules for FLL remains as is, with either 1 or 2 daily flights and BOS remains at 8 flights all on the 190. Total of 16 flights when FLL is 2x.


Thanks for sharing. Decent times for all of them especially the SJU flight.


I'm actually a bit disappointed in the SJU flight. Was hoping it was an early AM departure and later PM to capitalize on the travel days.

Same here, I hope the demand is higher for a second SJU from B6 for a later PM departure from SJU. Like 7pm.
I see its loaded with 8 daily flights to BOS but we shall see. Most likely it will be twice daily
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:03 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
aerace wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Decent times for all of them especially the SJU flight.


I'm actually a bit disappointed in the SJU flight. Was hoping it was an early AM departure and later PM to capitalize on the travel days.

Same here, I hope the demand is higher for a second SJU from B6 for a later PM departure from SJU. Like 7pm.
I see its loaded with 8 daily flights to BOS but we shall see. Most likely it will be twice daily


So around the holidays, with AA, F9, B6, and, if NK continues a double-daily extension, PHL-SJU will be 7x daily. I think that's the highest frequency ever on that route. And it's amazing that 5 are on ULCC.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:01 pm

Random thought but just curious once AS actually joins OW I wonder if they would be able to move from Terminal D to terminal A, B, or C for better connections.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
Random thought but just curious once AS actually joins OW I wonder if they would be able to move from Terminal D to terminal A, B, or C for better connections.

It could be a possibility as they only need one gate for two flights a day.

I really hope JetBlue really breaks into PHL and stays. I would Philly is about the cheapest flights but having more NY transplants coming here(boo NYers). I see why B6 made that move. I'm excited for a better product instead of the ULCC bare bones.

Can anyone look on Google flights and see JetBlue nonstop tickets being sold? I don't see it

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arcticcruiser, B6WNQX, Baidu [Spider], bar1, Bing [Bot], BR944, Clipper002, Clydenairways, cuban8, DartHerald, Google [Bot], Jack, jbmitt, jomur, Lufthansa411, Lusitanian, MarcusG, MD80MKE, Noshow, Rifitto, TTJonas, VolvoBus, WkndWanderer, xwb777, YVRing and 346 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos