Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:37 pm

So basically B6 will complete with AA on Florida routes at PHL. I say this because it seems that AA is using B6 to feed the NY routes while PHL is still going to be a hub but B6 has no agreement here? We shall see.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:39 am

With the announcement today IMO I don’t think PHL will be as affected as some may think. Overall good to see AA still making moves
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
acentauri
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:34 am

Philly65 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
I feel like I missing something. Wouldn't the AA/B6 benefit the NY and Bo's markets? How does it help out PHL?


It doesn't. With the announcement of JFK-ATH/TLV they are basically creating an AA hub with B6 feed, which is replacing feed on AA metal via PHL or other AA hubs. There goes PHL-TLV out the window and doubtful you will see PHL-ATH again. I am sure the "genius" at AA will announce more int'l routes at JFK with B6 feed moving forward.

Lets be honest...it is a virtual merger. So you are going to tell me AA won't sell a B6/AA connection and list at the top of the AA reservation screen while pushing AA/AA connection via PHL at the bottom...? LOL. That and $0.50 will buy you a chocolate bar.

And you tell us why AA would place a B6/AA connection, which has ZERO financial incentive for AA to do so, Ahead of an AA/AA connection ??
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:50 am

Seems like if BA were to come back in September it would be on the 789. Kinda wish it was still the A350-1000 but I understand times are difficult.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-22jul20/
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:13 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Seems like if BA were to come back in September it would be on the 789. Kinda wish it was still the A350-1000 but I understand times are difficult.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-22jul20/


Yea wish the 350 could fly the route too but yea at this point I’m happy with any international service.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Seems like if BA were to come back in September it would be on the 789. Kinda wish it was still the A350-1000 but I understand times are difficult.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-22jul20/


Yea wish the 350 could fly the route too but yea at this point I’m happy with any international service.


Meanwhile, still no COVID clearance for PHL. Doesn't make any sense.
 
sagechan
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Philly65 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
I feel like I missing something. Wouldn't the AA/B6 benefit the NY and Bo's markets? How does it help out PHL?


It doesn't. With the announcement of JFK-ATH/TLV they are basically creating an AA hub with B6 feed, which is replacing feed on AA metal via PHL or other AA hubs. There goes PHL-TLV out the window and doubtful you will see PHL-ATH again. I am sure the "genius" at AA will announce more int'l routes at JFK with B6 feed moving forward.

Lets be honest...it is a virtual merger. So you are going to tell me AA won't sell a B6/AA connection and list at the top of the AA reservation screen while pushing AA/AA connection via PHL at the bottom...? LOL. That and $0.50 will buy you a chocolate bar.


While B6 will provide some connections at JFK, its more about offering the AA long-haul flights to B6 local FFs. AA flights at JFK are still entirely about local O&D and PHL is about connections and the smaller Philly market. The idea at JFK is that certain long-haul destinations are viable when you add normal AA demand and stimulated B6 FF's and a few connections.
717, 733, 734, 738, 739, 744, 752, 763, 772, 77W, 789, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A359, MD88, CRJ, CR7, CR9, DH1, DH2, DH3, S340, ER4, E170, E175, E190/CO, NW, US, AC, NH, AA, UA, DL, WN, WS, SK, VY, LA, QF, AR, AV, MH, KA, AS
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:11 pm

aerace wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Seems like if BA were to come back in September it would be on the 789. Kinda wish it was still the A350-1000 but I understand times are difficult.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-22jul20/


Yea wish the 350 could fly the route too but yea at this point I’m happy with any international service.


Meanwhile, still no COVID clearance for PHL. Doesn't make any sense.


Yea I guess they are just banking on it ending soon which I don’t see happening
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:34 pm

This Forbes articles quotes Raja stating that PHL as a hub will not be diminished (its at the end of the article)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... 166b05da5d
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
This Forbes articles quotes Raja stating that PHL as a hub will not be diminished (its at the end of the article)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... 166b05da5d

I'm starting to question why is this being mentioned often that PHL hub is part of AA vision? I'm guessing this has to do with the 321XLRs coming huh? Though I got to ask is PHL a good connecting hub? Going from F to A with a short connection seems risky.

Anyways I take it as they are scaling back operations in PHL for the short term. I expect to see more cuts soon.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:59 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
This Forbes articles quotes Raja stating that PHL as a hub will not be diminished (its at the end of the article)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... 166b05da5d

I'm starting to question why is this being mentioned often that PHL hub is part of AA vision? I'm guessing this has to do with the 321XLRs coming huh? Though I got to ask is PHL a good connecting hub? Going from F to A with a short connection seems risky.

Anyways I take it as they are scaling back operations in PHL for the short term. I expect to see more cuts soon.


With so much uncertainty it’s just so hard to predict anything nowadays. It’ll be interesting post COVID how PHL will be managed for AA operations.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
LondonFed
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:33 pm

W/ all of the TATL routes cancelled/postponed for the foreseeable future - any word on AA putting some wide-bodies on domestics? I see the 788 flying a leg down to MIA in December. Capacity need is obviously down, but just curious - any other routes beside MIA? LAX and SFO previous wide body contenders seem to be seeing a steady diet of 321s.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:23 am

LondonFed wrote:
W/ all of the TATL routes cancelled/postponed for the foreseeable future - any word on AA putting some wide-bodies on domestics? I see the 788 flying a leg down to MIA in December. Capacity need is obviously down, but just curious - any other routes beside MIA? LAX and SFO previous wide body contenders seem to be seeing a steady diet of 321s.


Nothing that I’ve heard at the moment beside the MIA route you mentioned.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:01 am

LondonFed wrote:
W/ all of the TATL routes cancelled/postponed for the foreseeable future - any word on AA putting some wide-bodies on domestics? I see the 788 flying a leg down to MIA in December. Capacity need is obviously down, but just curious - any other routes beside MIA? LAX and SFO previous wide body contenders seem to be seeing a steady diet of 321s.

SJU use to have the B767 fly it in the mornings. Probably CLT and maybe DFW
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:11 am

So I remember a while ago someone mentioned about Southern Airways Express planning to start service but it never happened. Out of boredom I found an article that they planned flight to Hagerstown but were denied

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/lo ... 3ed0f.html

And now they are proposing another route to Philly from Johnstown

https://www.tribdem.com/news/johnstown- ... 71fd3.html
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4156
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Not sure there is a ton of demand for domestic widebodies. I think a majority of widebodies are still parked. There are a few weekly domestic frequencies that are rotated to PHL that go on to fly the cargo flights to FRA, MXP, and FCO.

On a side note, if Flightaware is correct UPS is flying the 748 pretty regularly into PHL from CGN and SDF.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:06 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
So I remember a while ago someone mentioned about Southern Airways Express planning to start service but it never happened. Out of boredom I found an article that they planned flight to Hagerstown but were denied

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/lo ... 3ed0f.html

And now they are proposing another route to Philly from Johnstown

https://www.tribdem.com/news/johnstown- ... 71fd3.html

Interesting articles though AA seems like they are moving away from Regional flying. Today's OAG kinda shows with cuts to LGA and BWI.
I guess if Southern Airways can get codeshares with AA that would help them.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:57 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
So I remember a while ago someone mentioned about Southern Airways Express planning to start service but it never happened. Out of boredom I found an article that they planned flight to Hagerstown but were denied

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/lo ... 3ed0f.html

And now they are proposing another route to Philly from Johnstown

https://www.tribdem.com/news/johnstown- ... 71fd3.html

Interesting articles though AA seems like they are moving away from Regional flying. Today's OAG kinda shows with cuts to LGA and BWI.
I guess if Southern Airways can get codeshares with AA that would help them.


Southern airways has an interline agreement with AA already even tho I know codeshare is different.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:35 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
So I remember a while ago someone mentioned about Southern Airways Express planning to start service but it never happened. Out of boredom I found an article that they planned flight to Hagerstown but were denied

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/lo ... 3ed0f.html

And now they are proposing another route to Philly from Johnstown

https://www.tribdem.com/news/johnstown- ... 71fd3.html

Interesting articles though AA seems like they are moving away from Regional flying. Today's OAG kinda shows with cuts to LGA and BWI.
I guess if Southern Airways can get codeshares with AA that would help them.


Southern airways has an interline agreement with AA already even tho I know codeshare is different.

I guess an interline agreement is enough then. I hope they succeed in their request. I will take any new route that gets added at this point.
Also still hoping for the approval for the international flights.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:04 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
Interesting articles though AA seems like they are moving away from Regional flying. Today's OAG kinda shows with cuts to LGA and BWI.
I guess if Southern Airways can get codeshares with AA that would help them.


Southern airways has an interline agreement with AA already even tho I know codeshare is different.

I guess an interline agreement is enough then. I hope they succeed in their request. I will take any new route that gets added at this point.
Also still hoping for the approval for the international flights.


Feeling is mutual on everything
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4156
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:15 pm

A little nostalgic today (8/6).
Cargo flights from AMS (789) / FRA (788) / MXP (788) / LHR (BA 788) all inbound to PHL
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm

usairways85 wrote:
A little nostalgic today (8/6).
Cargo flights from AMS (789) / FRA (788) / MXP (788) / LHR (BA 788) all inbound to PHL


That good to hear. Any updates on PHL is good
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:28 pm

I’m not holding my breath on this but this is the most recent update with BA winter service. Per RoutesOnline

London Heathrow – Philadelphia Reduce from 12 to 7 weekly, A350-1000XWB replaces 747-400 and 787-9
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4156
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:45 pm

AA expanded it's TA cargo operation at PHL
PHL-AMS* (3x), FCO (2x), FRA (2x), MXP (2x), ZRH** (2x)
*New
**Resuming

It seems to be primarily driven by pharmaceutical cargo

https://www.phl.org/newsroom/American-Cargo-August20
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:21 pm

On a more happier note Qatar plans to resume service to PHL. I'm not sure if the travel restrictions were lifted or not

https://menafn.com/1100601389/Qatar-Air ... d-New-York
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:38 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
On a more happier note Qatar plans to resume service to PHL. I'm not sure if the travel restrictions were lifted or not

https://menafn.com/1100601389/Qatar-Air ... d-New-York

Has there been any word on the restrictions being lifted? I guess we shall see September 1st and 15th
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:58 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
On a more happier note Qatar plans to resume service to PHL. I'm not sure if the travel restrictions were lifted or not

https://menafn.com/1100601389/Qatar-Air ... d-New-York

Has there been any word on the restrictions being lifted? I guess we shall see September 1st and 15th


Yea I have no idea. I guess something is in the works hopefully
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1146
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Does it help that we just lifted our no travel advisory?
 
usairways85
Posts: 4156
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:28 pm

I thought the restrictions were aimed at certain countries. CUN-PHL is still operating I believe. Is DOH within the restricted regions?
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:44 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
Does it help that we just lifted our no travel advisory?

So yes the U.S. citizens can travel again though other counties would not let us in. For example the EU is still blocking U.S. citizens for non-essential travel
 
MAH4546
Posts: 26212
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:32 am

PHLspecial wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
Does it help that we just lifted our no travel advisory?

So yes the U.S. citizens can travel again though other counties would not let us in. For example the EU is still blocking U.S. citizens for non-essential travel


It’s both ways. The U.S. is still banning EU citizens from non-essential travel.

Also the EU is not allowed to actually block, only recommend that each country do that. Most are, but Croatia and Ireland are not.
a.
 
LondonFed
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Does anyone know if work has continued on the AA Flagship Lounge throughout all of this?
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:30 am

With QR bring back service next month looks like starting October 1st they’ll switch to the 350-1000 as well

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -sep-2020/
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:56 am

LondonFed wrote:
Does anyone know if work has continued on the AA Flagship Lounge throughout all of this?

Supposedly there was an article saying that the flagship lounge was activity worked on. I couldn't find it.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:59 am

Bigant0408 wrote:
With QR bring back service next month looks like starting October 1st they’ll switch to the 350-1000 as well

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -sep-2020/

I didn't expect that coming at all. So this winter we can see two A350-1000 with QR and BA whenever they start? Which when does BA being with Passenger service again?
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:25 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
With QR bring back service next month looks like starting October 1st they’ll switch to the 350-1000 as well

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -sep-2020/

I didn't expect that coming at all. So this winter we can see two A350-1000 with QR and BA whenever they start? Which when does BA being with Passenger service again?


I was thinking the same thing of potentially seeing two A350-1000 on the ground at the same time granted any changes. I thought BA was returning next month but I could be wrong. So many changes it’s just hard to keep up
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
usairways85
Posts: 4156
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:09 pm

Frontier is still high on PHL in late Q4. Which can be practically taken with a grain of salt. I think the Florida adds have been known, but not sure about PHX.

Philadelphia – Phoenix eff 12NOV20 1 daily A320
Philadelphia – Atlanta eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily
Philadelphia – Miami eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily (3 daily from 17DEC20)
Philadelphia – Orlando eff 12NOV20 Increase from 3 to 5 daily (6 daily from 17DEC20)
Philadelphia – Tampa eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily (3 daily from 17DEC20)


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... xpansions/
 
User avatar
BA744PHX
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:24 pm

usairways85 wrote:
Frontier is still high on PHL in late Q4. Which can be practically taken with a grain of salt. I think the Florida adds have been known, but not sure about PHX.

Philadelphia – Phoenix eff 12NOV20 1 daily A320
Philadelphia – Atlanta eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily
Philadelphia – Miami eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily (3 daily from 17DEC20)
Philadelphia – Orlando eff 12NOV20 Increase from 3 to 5 daily (6 daily from 17DEC20)
Philadelphia – Tampa eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily (3 daily from 17DEC20)


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... xpansions/


PHX was announced on June 4th with BOS & ORD which already started
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... ladelphia/
 
usairways85
Posts: 4156
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:33 pm

BA744PHX wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
Frontier is still high on PHL in late Q4. Which can be practically taken with a grain of salt. I think the Florida adds have been known, but not sure about PHX.

Philadelphia – Phoenix eff 12NOV20 1 daily A320
Philadelphia – Atlanta eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily
Philadelphia – Miami eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily (3 daily from 17DEC20)
Philadelphia – Orlando eff 12NOV20 Increase from 3 to 5 daily (6 daily from 17DEC20)
Philadelphia – Tampa eff 12NOV20 Increase from 1 to 2 daily (3 daily from 17DEC20)


https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... xpansions/


PHX was announced on June 4th with BOS & ORD which already started
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... ladelphia/

Thanks, I couldn't remember if these were just reposts or brand new.
 
Nicknuzzii
Posts: 1146
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:39 pm

AA down to 36 flights a day on off peak days in September...
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
AA down to 36 flights a day on off peak days in September...

Yikes... Was that the same in April?
 
usairways85
Posts: 4156
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 pm

September is typically one of the slowest during any normal year. It is hardly a surprise unfortunately.
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:23 am

Speaking Of the BOS and ORD routes announced this year F9 just announced increases in frequencies for these routes for summer 21

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... increases/
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
Speaking Of the BOS and ORD routes announced this year F9 just announced increases in frequencies for these routes for summer 21

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... increases/

I'm guessing they are hoping for early bookings? Any type of revenue to come in
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:04 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
Speaking Of the BOS and ORD routes announced this year F9 just announced increases in frequencies for these routes for summer 21

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... increases/

I'm guessing they are hoping for early bookings? Any type of revenue to come in


Maybe so. It is nice to see them being aggressive with their routes overall.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Bigant0408
Topic Author
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:17 pm

PHL started a petition for trying to get approval to allow funneling at the airport. Here’s the link if anyone wants to sign it

http://chng.it/MxqbCcBqTS
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
aerace
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:48 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
PHL started a petition for trying to get approval to allow funneling at the airport. Here’s the link if anyone wants to sign it

http://chng.it/MxqbCcBqTS


I posted on their IG yesterday that a petition should be started. Happy to see it’s actually happening. Kinda getting ridiculous we (PHL) are left with big question marks on our heads of when European nonstops will return.
 
880dc8707
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:43 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:48 am

I don't understand how JFK and EWR can both be funneling airports, but, FLL and MIA that is just ridiculous.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:01 am

880dc8707 wrote:
I don't understand how JFK and EWR can both be funneling airports, but, FLL and MIA that is just ridiculous.

I wonder if a lot of Europeans want to go to Florida this winter. Though I don't understand why PHL is still blocked.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2816
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Philadelphia Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:58 am

880dc8707 wrote:
I don't understand how JFK and EWR can both be funneling airports, but, FLL and MIA that is just ridiculous.


In 2019, FLL's international passenger count was just below DFW but above BOS, DTW, HNL, SEA, and IAD which are all approved gateways.

Although, it doesn't seem like FLL is getting too many international flights right now aside from some Caribbean and the Azul to Campinas flight.

If PHL gets approved as a gateway, I'm fairly sure AA would immediately jump on resuming passenger TATL flights. They're currently operating cargo-only flights from PHL to AMS, DUB, FCO, ZRH, and even FRA/MXP, which weren't pax destinations for AA pre-COVID.

AA even had to extend the seasonal passenger DFW-AMS/DUB flights into late-October (not a pre-COVID schedule) because PHL still isn't approved.

PHL is obviously more geographically convenient for AA's TATL operations instead of DFW.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos