Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

edealinfo

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - January 2020

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:14 pm

Minister openly makes dishonest and disingenuous claim on international forum: - see the headline

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/would ... 122961.htm

unnayan

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:03 pm

edealinfo wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
AI loads are doing good fine.... but not as good as BA for obvious reasons.
Thanks

What are the obvious reasons?

1 Better hard and soft product
2 Daily service vs 3 weekly more reliable
3 Onward connection to number of North American cities on BA
4 General perception that BA is better than AI

edealinfo

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Hinduja's show interest in Air India potentially to curry favor with bee jay pee after years of tension over bo-fors, for which the Hindujas were found not guilty.

Tatas stay away from Air India bidding because they NOW know how potent Subramanium Swamy can really be.

https://www.deccanherald.com/business/b ... 98009.html

blrBird

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:35 am

CPS001 wrote:
blrBird wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
Many airlines send good products to India but only to DEL, BOM and BLR. Example: LH A380/A350, QR Qsuite. To other destinations, such as MAA, the product is tired and old: LH A340/A330 and QR A330-300. MAA has a history of receiving inferior products; it was one of the last cities in the world to have regular service on EK’s 777-300 (non-ER).

All cities except DEL and MAA seem to receive the A350 (and DEL and BOM have the A380). The 787-10 flies to DEL and will fly to MAA 2x daily from May.

A trip report covering the SQ flight to EWR has an interesting title: The World’s Longest Flight, via Ahmedabad.

What will happen to all the Silk Air routes to India as the brand merger is supposed to wrap up by summer 2020. Which cities will be handed out to Scoot and which ones will go to SQ?

Adjustments are pretty much done. For MAA and BLR SQ replaced Scoot. For CJB, TRV and VTZ Scoot replaced Silk. During this process SQ also upgauged/upgraded most of their stations as discussed earlier. Eventually Silk will be absorbed into SQ as well.

Cool, thanks.
from star dust....

william

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:50 pm

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 551281.cms

So are these grounded planes due to the dust issues in India? That's why the engines are being replaced?

edealinfo

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:33 pm

If all the grounded aircraft (whether Go Air, Air India, Indigo, etc) were in the air on domestic routes it would result in over capacity in India's domestic market.

edealinfo

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:10 pm

Air India doubles flights on Tel Aviv-New Delhi route to tackle increase in passenger rush

Air India started with 3 flights a week and within a span of two years will gradually increased it to six, starting from April 1 this year. It will not operate on the route on Friday when Israeli Jews observe Sabbath

Every flight from Tel Aviv has almost 50 per cent of passengers travelling beyond Delhi to domestic destinations within India and international destinations including Singapore, Thailand, Australia, Shanghai, Hongkong, Sri Lanka and Nepal

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 634003.cms?

edealinfo

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Attached is a detailed description of JAL routes from Narita and Haneda to the United States
https://upgradedpoints.com/japan-airlines-us-routes

Vistara partners with JAL so I am trying to ascertain whether it makes sense for Vistara to fly to Haneda or Narita (from New Delhi), assuming effective start date of March 29, 2020, since Vistara is looking to code-share on connecting flights from Tokyo to the US. (Vistara will be getting 2 787s shortly, one in Feb 2020 and one in March 2020 to operate the New Delhi to Tokyo (and London) routes). Based on the web link above, and if I interpreted it correctly, here are the connecting options:

From Haneda to the US on Japan Air Lines:
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas Fort Worth, New York JFK and Chicago

From Narita to the US on Japan Air Lines:
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, San Diego, New York JFK, and Boston

Is the list above correct? [How come JAL doesn't fly to Washington DC/ IAD, the U.S. capital?) I have excluded Honolulu from the list above as this is unlikely to be a material connection for those travelling from India. I also wonder if anyone will from from Chicago, or New York to go to India so I wonder if those should be ruled out from consideration like Honolulu.

Is Vistara in a CATCH-22 position in making a choice between Narita and Haneda? Haneda is closer to Tokyo and India was extremely lucky in getting a slot pair at Haneda. On the other hand, Narita offers more connections to the U.S. West Coast.

If you are the Vistara CEO, which Tokyo airport would you choose?

CaliguyNYC

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 pm

I would chose HND in a heartbeat. India - Japan is all about the super premium business traveler who wants HND. If Vistara wants to play in the much much lower yielding US connecting pax, they can fill any free seats with SFO and LAX connecting pax. Also I think NRT will continue to be drawn down with fewer US flights as time goes on. In general I think Vistara is better having US connecting pax go through a strong EU partner and focus Japan and HKG flights for O&D and Asia region connections.

edealinfo

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:01 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
CaliguyNYC wrote:
I would chose HND in a heartbeat. India - Japan is all about the super premium business traveler who wants HND. If Vistara wants to play in the much much lower yielding US connecting pax, they can fill any free seats with SFO and LAX connecting pax. Also I think NRT will continue to be drawn down with fewer US flights as time goes on. In general I think Vistara is better having US connecting pax go through a strong EU partner and focus Japan and HKG flights for O&D and Asia region connections.

Thanks for the perspective. Let’s hope Vistara follows your advice; aIr India did not.

Note that JAL and ANA both moved their Delhi to Tokyo flights from Narita to Haneda, so if Vistara wants to be in the game it needs to move fast before the dinosaurs at Air India wake up.

I did not know there is a big O and D market between India and Tokyo. I was expecting something like greater than 50 percent transferring to North America flights. I didn’t know I could be so wrong. Nevertheless, a code share to SFO and LAX can’t hurt and if it is just those 2 codeshares, I can’t see how JAL can refuse Vistara. Why not DFW or Chicago? Are these too far out for a realistic routing to Delhi?

Separately on my flight from BLR to HKG on Cathay, it appeared that a majority seem to transfer to N. America flights. Is that odd?

edealinfo

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:40 pm

All eyes on AI EoI on Monday

Industry sources said that some of the potential bidders could be Tata Group, Hindujas, IndiGo, SpiceJet and a few private equity firms.
Air India is currently bleeding heavily with average daily loss pegged at Rs 20-25 crore.

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll ... ve/1718357

edealinfo

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 pm

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 64448.html

IndiGo and GoAir’s P&W engine faults lack quick fixes

While US regulators fix a deadline of march 31 for a temp solution, Indian regulators place a May 31 deadline. Why?

YouGeeElWhy

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:14 am

I also don't see how Vistara can compete with ANA/JAL/AI to Tokyo couple that with ANA/JAL moving their DEL flights to HND. Before they moved those flights, Vistara could have had the advantage. It is not an obvious winner for Vistara now, maybe BOM-HND would be better, IDK.

edealinfo wrote:
since Vistara is looking to code-share on connecting flights from Tokyo to the US.
Why would JAL codeshare beyond Tokyo with Vistara? I don't see that happening, considering they would need to fly and thereby compete with JL on DEL-Tokyo. The codeshare was done just like with LH and BA because it was mutually beneficial without any competition for all parties.

edealinfo wrote:
From Narita to the US on Japan Air Lines:
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, San Diego, New York JFK, and Boston
You could include DFW in this list since AA and JL have a metal neutral JV between the US and Japan and AA is keeping one flight from DFW to NRT.

edealinfo

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:00 am

YouGeeElWhy wrote:

>>>>I also don't see how Vistara can compete with ANA/JAL/AI to Tokyo couple that with ANA/JAL moving their DEL flights to HND. Before they moved those flights, Vistara could have had the advantage. It is not an obvious winner for Vistara now, maybe BOM-HND would be better, IDK.

Vistara already announced the Delhi as the 787 crew base, which I assume means that BOM is out, especially when DEL is Vistara's key home base/hub; not BOM. I am guessing that Vistara assumes that it can steal Air India's passengers or the market from DEL to Tokyo has expanded. When was the last time there was an expansion on the DEL to Tokyo route?

Vistara will have a hard time competing with ANA and JAL since Japanese passengers a) prefer their own carriers, b) prefer crew that speak their own language, and 3) better seat space - at least in economy Jap planes have 9 seats a row as opposed to Air India and Vistara's 10 .

>>>>Why would JAL codeshare beyond Tokyo with Vistara?

Because Vistara offers them code shares, on what, 20 flights in India? You need 2 hands to shake to make a deal. JAL can't have it as an entirely 1 way relationship.

>>>>>>Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, San Diego, New York JFK, and Boston [/quote] You could include DFW in this list since AA and JL have a metal neutral JV between the US and Japan and AA is keeping one flight from DFW to NRT

JAL already has a flight from DFW to Haneda, so the AA flight is redundant, and if I am not mistaken doesn't that go to Narita anyway? Besides, why would AA allow JL to offer it to Vistara as a codeshare? AA is not party to the agreement with Vistara, so it is not like JL can offer AA flights to anyone it chooses (correct me if I am wrong). After all code shares presumably have special pricing.

So, based on what you said, I assume that DFW to DEL via Tokyo is a geographically valid route.

So, I am assuming the BEST CASE scenario for Vistara is to get codeshares from Tokyo Haneda to LAX, SFO and DFW (for available non O & D seats). The question is whether JL will budge. The fact that Vistara hasn't yet announced the Tokyo flight could mean JL is playing hardball as YouGeeElWhy suggests.

YouGeeElWhy

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:36 am

edealinfo wrote:
3) better seat space - at least in economy Jap planes have 9 seats a row as opposed to Air India and Vistara's 10 .

You are not wrong about better Y seats but your numbers are off a bit JAL would have 8 across on their 787 and Vistara we would assume but no one really knows would have 9 not 10.

edealinfo wrote:
Because Vistara offers them code shares, on what, 20 flights in India? You need 2 hands to shake to make a deal. JAL can't have it as an entirely 1 way relationship.
You might be right but it just seems like that relationship would get frosty once competition commences. One interesting note is SQ and ANA are trying to form a Joint Venture right now.

edealinfo wrote:
JAL already has a flight from DFW to Haneda, so the AA flight is redundant, and if I am not mistaken doesn't that go to Narita anyway?
This was in response to your NRT listed destinations which did not have DFW and AA is keeping.

CPS001

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:01 am

edealinfo wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:

>>>>Why would JAL codeshare beyond Tokyo with Vistara?

Pretty much every significant international airline into India codeshares or at least interlines with Air India and/or Vistara (only very recently have IndiGo and SpiceJet got into the game), including airlines which otherwise have no relationship with AI/UK. Just because UK and JL they codeshare on a few domestic routes doesn't mean they will continue internationally and beyond Japan. It is never a one way relationship, UK makes a monetary gain and fills some seats with JL pax.

Only after significant growth of UK or privatization of AI will we see a cooperation with foreign airlines to the level of what Jet Airways had with DL/AF/KL/VS.

fiestyemus

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:18 am

The preliminary EOI for the sale of Air India is now out.
http://www.airindia.in/writereaddata/Po ... an2020.pdf

anshabhi

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:36 am

fiestyemus wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It's a pretty detailed document and really portraits AI as a valuable asset

edealinfo

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:48 pm

anshabhi wrote:
fiestyemus wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It's a pretty detailed document and really portraits AI as a valuable asset

So, are AI Express, and AI-SATS included In the sale or not? What parts of Asia India are in or out?

edealinfo

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:21 pm

Extract from Business standard newspaper

As part of the strategic disinvestment, Air India would also sell 100 per cent stake in low-cost airline Air India Express and 50 per cent shareholding in joint venture AISATS, as per bid document issued on Monday.

Air India also has interests in Air India Engineering Services, Air India Air Transport Services, Airline Allied Services and Hotel Corporation of India.

These entities are in the process of being transferred to a separate company -- Air India Assets Holding Ltd (AIAHL) -- and would not be a part of the proposed transaction, the document said.

edealinfo

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:24 pm

What I don’t get is the claim that 100 percent of Air India is being sold when 3 percent equity is reserved for the 17k employees. Anyone can do the math.

anshabhi

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:37 pm

edealinfo wrote:
What I don’t get is the claim that 100 percent of Air India is being sold when 3 percent equity is reserved for the 17k employees. Anyone can do the math.

That 3% holding owes $90 million to banks. In other words, the 3% holding is worthless.
When the ownership of a bankrupt company is transferred, often the old stocks owned by minority shareholders are written off.

blrBird

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:27 pm

sand26391 wrote:
To note^^
Till the start of winter sked 2019, AF deployed 208 seater Airbus A330 to BLR. From Winter sked AF deployed 280 seater B772 till Dec and 381 seater B77W from mid Dec.

Since you seem to be in know of BLR aiport stuff, do you happen to know if the usage of 2 runway has gone up more than few hours per day?
from star dust....

edealinfo

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:36 am

Excellent article below:

1. Whoever buys Air India, will automatically take the #2 slot at Mumbai and Delhi.
2. AirAsia India is currently #2 at Bangalore.
3. GoAir is currently #2 at Ahmadabad
4. Indigo is currently #1 at the Top 10 airports in India with average 41% share, against 14% for #2 and and 11% for number-three
5. SpiceJet is currently #2 at 5 of the Top 10 airports in India.
6. LCCs now have 80% of domestic India.
7. Air India is now #2 even at its main hub of Delhi.

https://www.anna.aero/2020/01/27/indigo ... -41-share/

edealinfo

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:43 am

VietJet Air makes a huge service expansion for India effective Summer of 2020, pulling the carpet under sleepy eyed Indigo et al who failed to see the opportunity at one of Asia's booming economies.

1. Launches 3 new routes in May 2020:
Delhi to Da Nang –(5X weekly)
Mumbai to Hanoi (3X weekly)
Mumbai to Ho Chi Minh City (4X weekly)

2. Increases frequency on existing routes:
Delhi to Hanoi (from 3X to 7X weekly)
Delhi to Ho Chi Minh City – (from 3X to 7X weekly)

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... expansion/

edealinfo

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:58 am

https://www.firstpost.com/business/what ... 62471.html

What an Air India buyer will get: Debt, old aircraft, little-used Star Alliance creds and lots of extra employees

sand26391

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:47 am

blrBird wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
To note^^
Till the start of winter sked 2019, AF deployed 208 seater Airbus A330 to BLR. From Winter sked AF deployed 280 seater B772 till Dec and 381 seater B77W from mid Dec.

Since you seem to be in know of BLR aiport stuff, do you happen to know if the usage of 2 runway has gone up more than few hours per day?

Not yet, acc to the latest NOTAM.
0900-1100hrs IST , RWY09R will be used for departures ONLY. Next update after 15/02.

sand26391

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 am

KLM operated B787-10 bearing reg PH-BKF(334 seater aircraft) on 25/01 to BLR for the 1st time since the airline started ops in winter 2019/20/

Inbound pax load= 299
Bags=422
Inbound Belly Cargo= 18,082kg
Transit pax= N/A

Ooutbound pax=295
Bags= 386
Outbound Belly Cargo=14,013kg
Transit/Transfer pax= 221

sand26391

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:34 am

Some images of BA's 1st A350-1000 at BLR :D :bigthumbsup:

edealinfo

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:49 am

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/indig ... 142541.htm

IndiGo is aggressively expanding on foreign routes. Pity it is not going per plan

edealinfo

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:54 am

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/air-i ... 142431.htm

Critique on Air India Offer Document

edealinfo

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:56 am

Bangalore airport services over 33 million passengers in 2019 registering a 4.1% increase over prior year

International passenger traffic grew 14.0%

The current terminal 1 at Bangalore airport has a rated capacity of 20 mppa which is well exceded by the 33.65 million passengers in 2019. The first phase of the new terminal 2 at the airport will add capacity for another 20 mppa bringing the airport’s total to 40 mppa.

Considering the current growth rate of the airport, Bangalore Airport may have to consider accelerating their schedule for phase 2 of the new terminal 2 which is currently scheduled to complete only in 2026

https://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2020/ ... -2019.html

blrBird

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:20 am

sand26391 wrote:
blrBird wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
To note^^

0900-1100hrs IST , RWY09R will be used for departures ONLY. Next update after 15/02.

Thanks, do you know when will the runway become CAT IIIB complaint...read somewhere it is CAT I now !?
from star dust....

blrBird

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:24 am

edealinfo wrote:
VietJet Air makes a huge service expansion for India effective Summer of 2020, pulling the carpet under sleepy eyed Indigo et al who failed to see the opportunity at one of Asia's booming economies.

1. Launches 3 new routes in May 2020:
Delhi to Da Nang –(5X weekly)
Mumbai to Hanoi (3X weekly)
Mumbai to Ho Chi Minh City (4X weekly)

2. Increases frequency on existing routes:
Delhi to Hanoi (from 3X to 7X weekly)
Delhi to Ho Chi Minh City – (from 3X to 7X weekly)

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... expansion/

I guess Indian airlines are always late to the game, hopefully in future things will change with the overall network build up!
from star dust....

sand26391

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:40 am

blrBird wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
blrBird wrote:

Thanks, do you know when will the runway become CAT IIIB complaint...read somewhere it is CAT I now !?

Last I heard it was March/April and then the old RWY will be closed for upgradation for around 5-6 months to CAT IIIB.

freqflyer

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:42 am

SQ is changing metal to AMD from A333 to A359 from 1st February.
Are the A333's are almost all retired from the fleet ?

sabby

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:53 pm

sand26391 wrote:

Thanks for the pictures.Is that the first A350-1000 service at BLR or have QR used it before to replace the 77W on some occasions ?

Regarding the KLM flight data, very impressive and that 787-10 aircraft is really built for this kind of route, 14-18T of cargo in addition to 300 passengers over 9-10 hours. I think the 787-10 will replace the 787-9 for this route eventually and it will be made daily after some time.

sabby

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:58 pm

freqflyer wrote:
SQ is changing metal to AMD from A333 to A359 from 1st February.
Are the A333's are almost all retired from the fleet ?

Yes, their plan is to retire all but 7 A333s and a couple 77As by March and probably all of them will be replaced before the year ends.

sand26391

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:14 pm

sabby wrote:
sand26391 wrote:

Thanks for the pictures.Is that the first A350-1000 service at BLR or have QR used it before to replace the 77W on some occasions ?

Regarding the KLM flight data, very impressive and that 787-10 aircraft is really built for this kind of route, 14-18T of cargo in addition to 300 passengers over 9-10 hours. I think the 787-10 will replace the 787-9 for this route eventually and it will be made daily after some time.

QR had deployed A359 to BLR in DEC 2019 on a "trial basis", there is a rumour that they plan to depoy te 351 in next 18 months.

KLM will deploy the 787-10 to BLR 2x weekly out of the total 3x weekly, from Winter this year.

subramak1

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:38 pm

VTCIE wrote:
unnayan wrote:
CPS001 wrote:
They are also upgauging MAA from A330 to B787-10 and adding a 2nd daily B787-10 as well.

So now all SQ stations in India will receive at least one of A359 or B78X daily (there are some additional BOM/DEL A380/B777 frequencies too).

Impressive that they send their best products to India. There was a time when Indian destinations only received tired products from international carriers... specially EK and their notorious A330

Many airlines send good products to India but only to DEL, BOM and BLR. Example: LH A380/A350, QR Qsuite. To other destinations, such as MAA, the product is tired and old: LH A340/A330 and QR A330-300. MAA has a history of receiving inferior products; it was one of the last cities in the world to have regular service on EK’s 777-300 (non-ER).

All cities except DEL and MAA seem to receive the A350 (and DEL and BOM have the A380). The 787-10 flies to DEL and will fly to MAA 2x daily from May.

VTORD wrote:
SQ already serves AMD using A330-300. This is not a new route. It is an up-gauge. They have 6 destinations in India.
BOM
DEL
BLR
MAA
CCU
AMD

I am only listing SQ served stations. There are other Scoot/SlikAir stations as well. I remember seeing an SQ bird at AMD as far back as 2010-2011 (772) when AI used to have the scissor hub at FRA and used to run an EWR-FRA-AMD rotation. Both flights would arrive within an hour of each other. Of course it quite possible that they discontinued it for a while and brought it back later. But as of now they are already present in AMD.

A trip report covering the SQ flight to EWR has an interesting title: The World’s Longest Flight, via Ahmedabad.

I think it is a demand challenge to West out of Chennai in J class. Every time I fly out of Chennai by Cathay ( I have never flown SQ), the plane atleast has 15% east asians, South East Asians. The business ties for Chennai are more towards East Asia unlike BLR which is more the IT capital and back office for all big companies in the world.

This probably explains why CX sends their B 77W. The J class and PE were full both ways and upgrade requests werent accepted.

BLR now gets top notch product from BA, LH and others. Again demand requires this

Subu

VTORD

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:33 pm

BawliBooch wrote:

Indore was part of the Holkar State while Belagavi was part of the Bijapur kingdom - no link to the Peshwai! Even in British India, Indore was in Malwa while Belagavi was in the Bombay presidency.

My guess is that there is an attempt to build a tourist circuit. Belagavi/Hubli will be couple of hours from the Hampi-Patadakkal-Aihole tourist circuit.

Coincidence or otherwise, the same airline is launching Indore-Kishangarh services. Kishangarh is the airport for Pushkar - another popular halt on the backpacker circuit in the North.

With these 2 links, a backpacker can do a Rajasthan circuit ending in Pushkar, fly to Indore, do Mandu, Indore then fly to Hubli/Belagavi for the Southern circuit.

My...My...look who's back in action! :D
What I was trying to imply was that Indore/Dewas/Gwalior and Hubli/Belgaum/Dharwad and for good measure Karwar have a significant Maharashtrian population.Similarly Kolhapur etc., have a significant Kannada-speaking population. So there are strong cultural ties that overlap the regions and may warrant VFR travel. But the tourist circuit is an interesting angle as well. I hadn't thought of that.

VTCIE

Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:57 am

subramak1 wrote:
VTCIE wrote:
unnayan wrote:

Impressive that they send their best products to India. There was a time when Indian destinations only received tired products from international carriers... specially EK and their notorious A330

VTORD wrote:
SQ already serves AMD using A330-300. This is not a new route. It is an up-gauge. They have 6 destinations in India.
BOM
DEL
BLR
MAA
CCU
AMD

I am only listing SQ served stations. There are other Scoot/SlikAir stations as well. I remember seeing an SQ bird at AMD as far back as 2010-2011 (772) when AI used to have the scissor hub at FRA and used to run an EWR-FRA-AMD rotation. Both flights would arrive within an hour of each other. Of course it quite possible that they discontinued it for a while and brought it back later. But as of now they are already present in AMD.

I think it is a demand challenge to West out of Chennai in J class. Every time I fly out of Chennai by Cathay ( I have never flown SQ), the plane atleast has 15% east asians, South East Asians. The business ties for Chennai are more towards East Asia unlike BLR which is more the IT capital and back office for all big companies in the world.

This probably explains why CX sends their B 77W. The J class and PE were full both ways and upgrade requests werent accepted.

BLR now gets top notch product from BA, LH and others. Again demand requires this

Subu

CX does not fly to BLR. KA does. Indeed MAA is the only South Indian airport served by both CX and SQ, since SQ does not fly to HYD (MI does instead). BLR receives service from a number of major international airlines, but CX is not one of them.

unnayan

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:54 am

AI B747 is now enroute to Wuhan to rescue stranded Indians...

https://www.flightradar24.com/AIC1348/23b587da

DIJKKIJK

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:21 am

edealinfo wrote:
https://www.firstpost.com/business/what-an-air-india-buyer-will-get-debt-old-aircraft-little-used-star-alliance-creds-and-lots-of-extra-employees-7962471.html

What an Air India buyer will get: Debt, old aircraft, little-used Star Alliance creds and lots of extra employees

Anyone who refers to a 9 year old 777 and a 5 year old 787 as 'old technology' should not be taken seriously. Sad that such charlatan journalists are still plying their trade in India.
Airlines like LH and KL are still flying their 20+ year old 744s and making money out of them.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

unnayan

Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:05 am

DIJKKIJK wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
https://www.firstpost.com/business/what-an-air-india-buyer-will-get-debt-old-aircraft-little-used-star-alliance-creds-and-lots-of-extra-employees-7962471.html

Anyone who refers to a 9 year old 777 and a 5 year old 787 as 'old technology' should not be taken seriously. Sad that such charlatan journalists are still plying their trade in India.
Airlines like LH and KL are still flying their 20+ year old 744s and making money out of them.

Absolutely true. That article is only negative.. nothing to read..

edealinfo

Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:33 pm

unnayan wrote:
AI B747 is now enroute to Wuhan to rescue stranded Indians...

https://www.flightradar24.com/AIC1348/23b587da

While it is laudable that the Government wants to help, the decision to evacuate for this situation is a terrible mistake in my opinion. They will bring potentially infected persons into an overpopulated country. As isevident in China, once the cat is out of the bag, it is difficult to contain the spread.

qf789

Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:06 pm

Please continue discussion in Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1440183
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos