Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Planeboy17

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:09 pm

ILikeTrains wrote:
Whats the point of the Peotone Airport again? Ive never understood all the hoopla over decades of living here.

Also is MDW slot-constrained at all?

MDW is not slot controlled by the FAA.
Gate availability could be an issue though.

ILikeTrains

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:20 pm

sircygnus wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
ILikeTrains wrote:
Whats the point of the Peotone Airport again? Ive never understood all the hoopla over decades of living here.

Also is MDW slot-constrained at all?

There isn’t any at this point. Peotone was conceived decades ago and was pursued in earnest starting in the late 1990s/early 2000s as a way to relieve ORD. Arguably, it is a big reason needed improvements at ORD didn’t materialize for some time.

But with the expansion of ORD and airline consolidation, Peotone is no longer needed. It also isn’t needed for cargo since you have Rockford and Gary/Chicago as easier alternatives (not to mention ORD’s not too shabby cargo operation).

This exactly, in other words it is the perfect example of patronage/mismanagement in state politics

Illinois politics at its finest!

yeogeo

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Qantas' new ORD-BNE flight will be departing from AA's T-3 gates.
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... antas.html

Not a huge surprise, but nice to have it confirmed.
Looking forward to seeing the kangaroo hanging out there come April 15.

yeogeo

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 pm

And another one falls...
Until the 28th of March, China Eastern has cancelled its ORD-PVG flight.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200218

And speaking of the effects of the virus, flying through O'Hare yesterday noticed 8 UA widebodies in a row parked at the far NW corner of the field - never seen that before. Was too slow to get a pic.

Planeboy17

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:51 am

Heads up possibly. FR24 is showing tomorrow’s UA AMS-ORD flight is scheduled to be on a 764. The plane departed ORD a little while ago enroute to AMS now. I’m guessing this is a sub for a broken 763.
Even though it’s showing to make a RT back here, FR is also showing that the plane is scheduled to fly to IAD tomorrow as well so I’d check before heading out to get a pic.
Also, OS flight from VIE is showing a 763 in the new livery.

emcm541

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:02 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
Heads up possibly. FR24 is showing tomorrow’s UA AMS-ORD flight is scheduled to be on a 764. The plane departed ORD a little while ago enroute to AMS now. I’m guessing this is a sub for a broken 763.
Even though it’s showing to make a RT back here, FR is also showing that the plane is scheduled to fly to IAD tomorrow as well so I’d check before heading out to get a pic.
Also, OS flight from VIE is showing a 763 in the new livery.

The AMS-ORD flight is on aircraft N66056.

ORD2010

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:09 pm

yeogeo wrote:
And another one falls...

And speaking of the effects of the virus, flying through O'Hare yesterday noticed 8 UA widebodies in a row parked at the far NW corner of the field - never seen that before. Was too slow to get a pic.

truly a bummer as they just went back up to daily, hopefully they resume with daily ops after this blows over. Also that we don't see the death of Hainan, I do love seeing ORD-CTU on the map.

ORDfan

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:34 am

A couple weeks back, there was a lot of scaffolding in T1, C concourse. This morning it was gone, and I felt like it was especially bright and clear in the terminal: I'm assuming CDA replaced and/or deep-cleaned the greyed out window panes... Am I correct in that? Does anyone know if this was the work that was done?

Also, I noticed one of the bathroom's was remodeled, with new frosted privacy glass as well.

ORDfan

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:36 am

ORD2010 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
And another one falls...

truly a bummer as they just went back up to daily, hopefully they resume with daily ops after this blows over. Also that we don't see the death of Hainan, I do love seeing ORD-CTU on the map.

Agree: truly a bummer, particularly as was going to give them a try on trip to SE Asia in March. Actually was supposed to fly out in 2 weeks, but the conference (in Malaysia) was rescheduled to June. I'm hoping things get back to normal before then...fingers crossed.

berari

Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:46 pm

yeogeo wrote:

Ethiopian is scheduling daily service next summer. Can't remember this ever being the case. Am I wrong?

"ET ADD-ORD JUN 0.7>1.0[0.7] JUL 0.7>1.0[0.7] AUG 0.7>1.0[0.7]"

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1441257

This hasn't been reflected on airline schedules. 6x per week is what it is.

yeogeo

Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:10 pm

berari wrote:
yeogeo wrote:

Ethiopian is scheduling daily service next summer. Can't remember this ever being the case. Am I wrong?

Google flights agrees with you berari: daily flights X Sunday during the June-August time period. Wonder if this will change or if Enilria's info is simply wrong?

ORD2010

Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:13 pm

ORDfan wrote:
ORD2010 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
And another one falls...

Agree: truly a bummer, particularly as was going to give them a try on trip to SE Asia in March. Actually was supposed to fly out in 2 weeks, but the conference (in Malaysia) was rescheduled to June. I'm hoping things get back to normal before then...fingers crossed.

I took them in 2017 to SYD via PVG and thoroughly enjoyed them, at the time the free WiFi was welcomed and games between seats as well, food was good, good service. I’m currently scheduled to take Eva to Singapore via TPE on the hello kitty jet in November so hopefully everything is alright by May/June!

Planeboy17

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:29 pm

ORDfan wrote:
A couple weeks back, there was a lot of scaffolding in T1, C concourse. This morning it was gone, and I felt like it was especially bright and clear in the terminal: I'm assuming CDA replaced and/or deep-cleaned the greyed out window panes... Am I correct in that? Does anyone know if this was the work that was done?

Also, I noticed one of the bathroom's was remodeled, with new frosted privacy glass as well.

A couple of years ago I noticed there had been some cleaning to the exterior of T1. It was a small portion but it made a noticeable difference. The area was just prior to the departure level area, I saw as I was approaching the terminal on a bus. Hopefully this means they will continue the cleaning throughout the entire terminal complex. It will look fantastic.
I was in one of the B concourse bathrooms last week and noticed the outside glass wall had been poorly painted black. I was wondering what happened to the frosted glass. This must’ve been the prep for the new glass.
Glad to see some positive contributions to Terminal 1.

sircygnus

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:55 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

A couple of years ago I noticed there had been some cleaning to the exterior of T1. It was a small portion but it made a noticeable difference. The area was just prior to the departure level area, I saw as I was approaching the terminal on a bus. Hopefully this means they will continue the cleaning throughout the entire terminal complex. It will look fantastic.
I was in one of the B concourse bathrooms last week and noticed the outside glass wall had been poorly painted black. I was wondering what happened to the frosted glass. This must’ve been the prep for the new glass.
Glad to see some positive contributions to Terminal 1.

Here’s to hoping that we see a bid from CDA to replace failed roof joints at T1 similar to what we saw for the B-C tunnel. Always embarrassing to see buckets on the concourses during a rain. In fact I think most of the tunneling at ORD is getting some much needed maintenance performed on it in the near future.

berari

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:53 pm

yeogeo wrote:
berari wrote:
yeogeo wrote:

Google flights agrees with you berari: daily flights X Sunday during the June-August time period. Wonder if this will change or if Enilria's info is simply wrong?

A calculation error perhaps. Calculation is based on the number of ops per month. Less Sundays in those months than rest of the week days?

yeogeo

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Bad news keeps rolling in for O'Hare:
Cathay Pacific reduces schedule further, effective immediately, and until at least 28 March.

"Hong Kong – Chicago O’Hare eff 21FEB20 Reduce from 7 to 3 weekly (Previous plan: 5)"

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200222

United787

Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:12 am

I would call that good news at least until the threat of the Coronavirus is over

yeogeo

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:57 am

United787 wrote:
I would call that good news at least until the threat of the Coronavirus is over

I suppose in a way it is good news... although clearly the decrease in flights is more a function of lack of demand than an effort to limit the spread of the virus, so I'd say its more inevitable than "good".

As an avid aviation enthusiast it saddens me to see the cutbacks and I hope we see flights restored in a reasonable period of time. If not, the industries associated with the movement of goods and passengers will suffer greatly, (not to mention the human cost of course!)

ORDfan

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:41 am

It's been a few years since I've spotted at DL 757 at ORD.. 4-5 years off the top of my head, I think. Not sure if I've been unlucky or simply unaware?

Does anyone what route the one below was flying, and is she a regular or was it a sub, or maybe DL's upgauged one of their routes recently?

gabik001

Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:36 am

ORDfan wrote:
It's been a few years since I've spotted at DL 757 at ORD.. 4-5 years off the top of my head, I think. Not sure if I've been unlucky or simply unaware?

Does anyone what route the one below was flying, and is she a regular or was it a sub, or maybe DL's upgauged one of their routes recently?

It might be sports charter for Bulls. Showing up sometimes around.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

yeogeo

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:52 pm

gabik001 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

I don't believe Delta's gates in T-2 can accommodate 757's -at least I've never seen one there - has anyone here?
I agree with gabik: likely a sports charter.

On FR24 I observed a DL 757 about a month ago (not the one pictured above which was taken earlier this month). The one I saw was parked in the General Deicing Facility -not in use at the time- where I assume it picked up its passengers. It eventually took off for MSY, if I remember correctly.

AMollenhauer9

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:58 pm

ORDfan wrote:

666DN is a charter aircraft. Either carrying the Bulls or another basketball or hockey team.

Chicago did get a Delta 757 a few weeks ago from Minneapolis though as a sub.

ckfred

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Here's another problem with Peotone, getting there. Both ORD and MDW have CTA rapid transit from the Loop, and ORD has Metra commuter rail service from the Loop and the north suburbs. Peotone has no rail service in the area.

And here's what I think the the big problem. Because it took so long to build the extension of I-355 from I-55 to I-80, a lot of vacant land between I-80 and I-57 was developed. The Illinois Tollway Authority said years ago that the proposed extension to I-57, dating back to when the I-55 to I-290 section of I-355 was first proposed, is dead, because land acquisition costs are too high.

So, getting to Peotone from the Northwest and West suburbs is very, very long, because driving requires eventually getting onto I-294, to get to the I-57 interchange.

Peotone was the dream of people who live around ORD who did not want any expansion, because it would increase the number of operations and the noise that comes with the additional flying.

You had suburban mayors who said they would throw themselves in front of bulldozers, to prevent the start of ORD expansion.

MLIAA

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 pm

And yet here we are. ORD is about to have a brand new world class terminal and 6 parallel runways allowing more capacity than any airport in the world. Peotone is never going to be built now because ORD is everything this region needs.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

gabik001

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:25 pm

yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

I don't believe Delta's gates in T-2 can accommodate 757's -at least I've never seen one there - has anyone here?

On FR24 I observed a DL 757 about a month ago (not the one pictured above which was taken earlier this month). The one I saw was parked in the General Deicing Facility -not in use at the time- where I assume it picked up its passengers. It eventually took off for MSY, if I remember correctly.

Few years ago DL B752 was a regular guest from ATL. It was afternoon flight so every day I was waiting for some unique c/s if it happened.
Since N17773 went out I can see DL B752 for Bulls very often. I think DL also serve for Blackhawks.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

kbmiflyer

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:35 pm

ckfred wrote:
Here's another problem with Peotone, getting there. Both ORD and MDW have CTA rapid transit from the Loop, and ORD has Metra commuter rail service from the Loop and the north suburbs. Peotone has no rail service in the area.

And here's what I think the the big problem. Because it took so long to build the extension of I-355 from I-55 to I-80, a lot of vacant land between I-80 and I-57 was developed..

I agree that Peotone is a lousy idea, but not necessarily for the reasons above. The new airport location is just a few miles from the METRA University Park Station at the end of the Metra Electric . I think IF the airport were ever built they would extend the line to the airport. In fact, long term plans have connections to both the CN line on the west side and the UP line on the east side (which has also had now dormant discussions of new METRA service through Dalton).

In terms of access to the northwest suburbs, that isn't what Peotone is necessarily about. I don't think anyone is saying that Peotone would replace O'Hare, it would just be an additional airport serving Chicago, the south suburbs, and northern Indiana. It would logically only replace MDW, but I think it is viewed as 3rd Chicago airport ( or 4th or 5th or 6th depending how you feel about RFD, MKE, and GYY)

Again, don't think I am defending the idea of a commercial airport in Peotone, I still think it is a huge waste of money. With the enhancements to O'hare and development of Rockford a new airport isn't needed. Even the folks who are pushing for it, their major reason is for the jobs it would create on the southside, not necessarily fixing any transportation issue.

chicawgo

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:43 pm

The only reason Peotone has been talked about for the past several years and still today is because government officials had their cronies buy up all the land down there cheaply so that they could sell it to the government for a huge profit when the airport finally came to fruition. That's the only true reason anyone still mentions it. The whole thing is a garbage deal to line pockets at taxpayer expense.

Crosswind787

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:37 am

yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

The gates at the end of the E pier can hold 757s. I flew DL 757s to ATL several times. Its the 767s that couldn't fit when DL flew ORD-CDG and had to be parked at T5. It would be nice to see the DL 757s back at ORD regularly. I know they use the A321s sometimes.

ILikeTrains

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:10 am

Crosswind787 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:

The gates at the end of the E pier can hold 757s. I flew DL 757s to ATL several times. Its the 767s that couldn't fit when DL flew ORD-CDG and had to be parked at T5. It would be nice to see the DL 757s back at ORD regularly. I know they use the A321s sometimes.

When did DL run ORD-CDG flights?

gabik001

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:03 am

ILikeTrains wrote:

When did DL run ORD-CDG flights?

When AF was flying seasonal. DL filled the gap of dropped AF136/152 flight with DL123/122 (B763ER) in winter time. It was sometime in 2011-2013 or so. As of now AF is flying year round (AF136/137).

yeogeo

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:57 pm

American schedules 788 service ORD-SFO.

"San Francisco – Chicago O’Hare 28MAR20 – 24APR20 787-8 operates 1 daily"

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200226

AA scheduled previously 789 ORD-LAX service, operating x1/day from 30 March until 3 June.

Crosswind787

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:18 pm

I heard from someone at united recently that UA wants to increase domestic widebody service at ORD. I'm wondering what routes other than ORD->hubs would see widebody service. Florida? PHX? LAS? SEA?

chicawgo

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Crosswind787 wrote:
I heard from someone at united recently that UA wants to increase domestic widebody service at ORD. I'm wondering what routes other than ORD->hubs would see widebody service. Florida? PHX? LAS? SEA?

Well LAS and MCO 777 service is already scheduled for daily. So at least those.

ORDfan

Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:59 pm

gabik001 wrote:
yeogeo wrote:
gabik001 wrote:

Few years ago DL B752 was a regular guest from ATL. It was afternoon flight so every day I was waiting for some unique c/s if it happened.
Since N17773 went out I can see DL B752 for Bulls very often. I think DL also serve for Blackhawks.

Goods stuff, thanks guys... hadn't thought about a charter but I think that's exactly right. Also interesting that DL never fitted it's charter bird with winglets: I guess econs don't matter as much for those flights, haha.

ORDfan

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Crosswind787 wrote:

Ya it's been well-reported that all the majors are doing this while they deal with the fallout from the China-related reductions/cancellations.

https://simpleflying.com/whats-happenin ... -to-china/

https://thepointsguy.com/news/where-us- ... spensions/

FWIW, it looks like of the trade and commodities-related conferences in/around SE Asia that have been cancelled in Feb/March are getting rescheduled for May/June.

yeogeo

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:57 pm

jayunited wrote:
[UA] finally put N12012 into revenue service this morning after multiple attempts earlier this week resulted in last minute plane changes and a lot of disappointed customers.

First UA ORD 787-10 revenue flight? ...or even first rev UA ORD flight of any 787?? Today's was ORD-DEN. They plan on doing the route again tomorrow.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n12012

^^not N12012, but a UA -10 nonetheless

yeogeo

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Some damage to a UA 787 at ORD while being towed, as far as I can tell from piecing together talk from the United Fleet, Network and Livery thread:

jayunited wrote:
TrafficCop wrote:
3975 is still in ORD and should be for a little longer than planned due to a ground incident. I will not elaborate but if someone
wants to ok. Sorry I like my job!!! :stirthepot:

3976 was supposed to remain at ORD and 3975 was supposed to be ferried to IAH for the media event surrounding the opening of a new UA widebody hangar at IAH.

I don't know all the information all I know is 3975 had a incident for some reason they are being very tight lipped about what exactly happened even in the report there is a lot of empty space where their should be an explanation. But the good news if there is any is ORD mechanics will get a lot of hands on time on a 787.

jetmatt777 wrote:
EWRamp wrote:
3975 has left wing damage

Rumor I heard is that mechanics were taxiing it to a different pad and hit a light pole with the left wing.

EWRamp wrote:
Might need more than just a leading edge. Looks like it hit a shorter pole first and dragged over it. Wouldn't be surprised if the underside of the wing needs repairing as well

Can anyone tell me the registration number of this a/c?

EWRamp

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:12 pm

yeogeo wrote:
Some damage to a UA 787 at ORD while being towed, as far as I can tell from piecing together talk from the United Fleet, Network and Livery thread:

jayunited wrote:
TrafficCop wrote:
3975 is still in ORD and should be for a little longer than planned due to a ground incident. I will not elaborate but if someone
wants to ok. Sorry I like my job!!! :stirthepot:

3976 was supposed to remain at ORD and 3975 was supposed to be ferried to IAH for the media event surrounding the opening of a new UA widebody hangar at IAH.

I don't know all the information all I know is 3975 had a incident for some reason they are being very tight lipped about what exactly happened even in the report there is a lot of empty space where their should be an explanation. But the good news if there is any is ORD mechanics will get a lot of hands on time on a 787.

jetmatt777 wrote:
EWRamp wrote:
3975 has left wing damage

Rumor I heard is that mechanics were taxiing it to a different pad and hit a light pole with the left wing.

EWRamp wrote:
Might need more than just a leading edge. Looks like it hit a shorter pole first and dragged over it. Wouldn't be surprised if the underside of the wing needs repairing as well

N29975

yeogeo

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:46 am

EWRamp wrote:
yeogeo wrote:

N29975

Ah, a 787-9. Poor Bird. -Thanks!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n29975

kordcj

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:25 pm

kbmiflyer wrote:
ckfred wrote:

And here's what I think the the big problem. Because it took so long to build the extension of I-355 from I-55 to I-80, a lot of vacant land between I-80 and I-57 was developed..

I agree that Peotone is a lousy idea, but not necessarily for the reasons above. The new airport location is just a few miles from the METRA University Park Station at the end of the Metra Electric . I think IF the airport were ever built they would extend the line to the airport. In fact, long term plans have connections to both the CN line on the west side and the UP line on the east side (which has also had now dormant discussions of new METRA service through Dalton).

In terms of access to the northwest suburbs, that isn't what Peotone is necessarily about. I don't think anyone is saying that Peotone would replace O'Hare, it would just be an additional airport serving Chicago, the south suburbs, and northern Indiana. It would logically only replace MDW, but I think it is viewed as 3rd Chicago airport ( or 4th or 5th or 6th depending how you feel about RFD, MKE, and GYY)

Again, don't think I am defending the idea of a commercial airport in Peotone, I still think it is a huge waste of money. With the enhancements to O'hare and development of Rockford a new airport isn't needed. Even the folks who are pushing for it, their major reason is for the jobs it would create on the southside, not necessarily fixing any transportation issue.

With the Chicago region’s population growth virtually stagnant, it doesn’t need a new airport unless the city decides to close MDW.
Speaking of, if MDW were to close with Peotone as its replacement, how would that change Chicago’s airspace? Would it allow for more throughput at ORD? I wonder if WN would be on board with having a major spoke capable of taking the bigger MAX jets, but significantly further from the city. I don’t believe that ORD can reasonably absorb WN’s MDW operation. Of course this is all hypothetical, I wholeheartedly believe peotone should be turned into a natural habitat instead of an airport.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

chidino

Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:36 pm

kordcj wrote:
With the Chicago region’s population growth virtually stagnant, it doesn’t need a new airport unless the city decides to close MDW.
Speaking of, if MDW were to close with Peotone as its replacement, how would that change Chicago’s airspace? Would it allow for more throughput at ORD? I wonder if WN would be on board with having a major spoke capable of taking the bigger MAX jets, but significantly further from the city. I don’t believe that ORD can reasonably absorb WN’s MDW operation. Of course this is all hypothetical, I wholeheartedly believe peotone should be turned into a natural habitat instead of an airport.

It would take a realigning of the heavens for that to happen, because that would mean Chicago had lost control of the airports. A certain amount of the push for Peotone had nothing to do with either South Side jobs or votes: it was about seizing the airports into a "regional" authority, taking the money, power and jobs and presumably "benefiting" everyone (i.e. more pigs at the trough) -- and taking from Daley. Daley attempted to get around this with the formal Gary-Chicago matchup and then claim it was interstate and no Illinois authority could step in. I don't believe that little theory was ever tested legally, because once the OMP began and the airlines consolidated, Peotone had no carriers. That, plus the 2008 crash, squelched this stupidity, but it has arisen again.

Crosswind787

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:22 pm

I dont know why the city would ever want to close MDW. Its being expanded and serves its role perfectly. If they extend the A and B concourses they could add even more gates for WN to use. And its close to downtown with a rail link. I personally hope it never closes. 100% agree peotone would be a waste of money and is waaaaay to far to make sense. Gary is in a good spot if any airline wanted to build up a 3rd airport.

ILikeTrains

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:55 am

I personally would like RFD to expand some more, its a real nice airport.

yeogeo

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:48 pm

Korean Air announces ORD reduction.

"Seoul Incheon – Chicago O’Hare 08APR20 – 22APR20 Reduce from 7 to 5 weekly"

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200228

yeogeo

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:00 pm

UA reduces its ORD>Asia flights to 0/week for 20 days in March.

"United is suspending service from Chicago to Narita from March 8 to 27. That suspension will leave United with no nonstop service from Chicago to any city in the Asia/Pacific region."

They will resume a Tokyo flight from Chicago on March 28, flying ORD-HND.

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... 0ifQ%3D%3D

yeogeo

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:31 pm

The US-Asian airfreight business is being worked hard.
This article covers the current difficulties that the sea-borne shipping industry is experiencing,
but that "air cargo operations have been differently affected. The cancellation of flights in and out of China has been so extensive that freight forwarders have had a very hard time finding space on planes for their shipments."
“The airline says, ‘I am sorry, I can’t pick it up,’” said Lin Zhenglong, the chief executive of the Nippon K&H Logistics Co. in Tokyo."

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... ports.html

yeogeo

Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Last I heard, American was due to start 772 service ORD-LHR on March 29.
Bill Wang caught this still rare at O'Hare example on Feb 16.

Back then this a/c did a few ORD-DFW turns for AA.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n757an

jcwr56

Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:31 pm

Nothing mentioned about TK adding a 2nd flight into ORD?

Planeboy17

Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:36 pm

jcwr56 wrote:

Would this be for S20?
Might this be to the new airport in Istanbul?

yeogeo

Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:22 pm

jcwr56 wrote:

Not that I've come across.

Will now keep my ears cocked in that direction!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos