Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

yeogeo

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:30 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
Nothing mentioned about TK adding a 2nd flight into ORD?

Actually, yes! In the Turkish Aviation thread:

emre787 wrote:
[ORD will] get additional 3 weekly 787-9 flights besides the daily 77W :)

So its
+

Nice to have additional flights announced rather than reductions.

emre787

Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:40 pm

yeogeo wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:

emre787 wrote:

So its
+

Thanks for sharing it here in the Chicago Thread! :)

IIRC, Chicago is one of the best performing US Routes of Turkish Airlines besides New York, so it was only a question of time for the announcement of additional flights :bouncy:

Planeboy17

Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:31 am

yeogeo wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:

emre787 wrote:

So its
+

Nice find yeo!
It’s nice to see something positive underneath all of the Asia drops.
IIRC correctly Turkish has been flying to ORD since around 1996?

Planeboy17

Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:41 am

Looks to be Mon, Wed and Sat with ORD arrival of 19:55 and departure of 23:05.
Not sure if just seasonal or not.

yeogeo

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:17 am

I saw this today and went "wahhhh?" A 773 of United's at O'Hare?

Sure enough! N2251U has been in and out a couple of times (one r/t each to EWR & SFO) since leaving Everett on the 29th of January.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n2251u

ORDfan

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 am

kordcj wrote:
With the Chicago region’s population growth virtually stagnant, it doesn’t need a new airport unless the city decides to close MDW.
Speaking of, if MDW were to close with Peotone as its replacement, how would that change Chicago’s airspace? Would it allow for more throughput at ORD? I wonder if WN would be on board with having a major spoke capable of taking the bigger MAX jets, but significantly further from the city. I don’t believe that ORD can reasonably absorb WN’s MDW operation. Of course this is all hypothetical, I wholeheartedly believe peotone should be turned into a natural habitat instead of an airport.

As has been cited numerous times over the years on a.net: what matters the most is a region's GDP/capita, economic activity, and a region's relative wealth and business activity. That drives the demand for flights and airport capacity, expansions, etc, more than outright population.

Austin and Jacksonville are nearly the same size, but AUS sees more than double the amount of passengers as JAX. Nice has a population less than half of Belgrade, but NCE sees more the double the amount of air traffic of BEG thanks the immense wealth and economic activity surrounding Southeast France. Warsaw and Vienna are roughly the same size, but VIE sees about 70% more traffic than WAW.

ORDfan

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:28 am

yeogeo wrote:
I saw this today and went "wahhhh?" A 773 of United's at O'Hare?

Sure enough! N2251U has been in and out a couple of times (one r/t each to EWR & SFO) since leaving Everett on the 29th of January.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n2251u

Literally just saw that and was thinking the same thing. Was curious if she was doing primarily training flights, PR or photo ops... main gear looks awfully clean for a bird that's been in service for even a couple of months...

ILikeTrains

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:50 am

Why not build up DPA to do more commercial flights?

ORDfan

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:54 am

United Airlines to test new gate layout at O'Hare:

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... ohare.html

The rendering looks pretty good to me: thank God none of those awful high top tables or fixed-seating booths like IAH (can't stand those). I'll see if can spot any of these new B gates this weekend. Not crazy about the hard wood look... just keep it to carpet.

yeogeo

Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Korean Air adjusts ICN-ORD schedule:
"09MAR20 – 25APR20 Reduce from 7 to 3 weekly
eff 26APR20 Planned 747-8I service begins 4 weeks later than planned, replacing 777-300ER"

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200304

yeogeo

Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Volaris schedules a first ever O'Hare-Oaxaca route effective June 17, once weekly with an A-320.
"Y4276 OAX1942 – 0002+1ORD 320 3
Y4277 ORD0132 – 0600OAX 320 4"

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200304

Maps generated by the Great Circle Mapper - copyright © Karl L. Swartz.

chicawgo

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:19 pm

ORDfan wrote:
United Airlines to test new gate layout at O'Hare:

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... ohare.html

The rendering looks pretty good to me: thank God none of those awful high top tables or fixed-seating booths like IAH (can't stand those). I'll see if can spot any of these new B gates this weekend. Not crazy about the hard wood look... just keep it to carpet.

Interesting. I wonder if those three flatscreens in the hall will show the destination in big letters. The original red LCD boxes at each gate haven't been used in years.

yeogeo

Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:31 pm

O'Hare came in 4th in the world for seat capacity in the March OAG report (February 2020 Stats -see p4, Top 20 Airports in link below).

https://www.oag.com/hubfs/OAGFrequencyC ... i=84311864

For February 2020, of the top twenty airports by capacity only 6 still had a positive rate of growth (CJK, DEL, DFW, DEN, MAD & BKK).
ATL, O'Hare & JFK had the smallest losses in seats of the 14 with negative numbers: -.07, -.08 & -.09 percent, respectively.

O'Hare is still in positive territory for the year. Over the latest 12 months DXB had the greatest drop in number of seats of these 20 airports: -6.3%.

Top 20 by number of seats in the in the latest month's report:
ATL
HND
DXB
ORD
LHR
LAX
CJK
DEL
DFW
CDG
FRA
DEN
IST
AMS
JFK
MAD
SIN
KUL
MCO
BKK

artflyer

Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:45 pm

ORDfan wrote:
kordcj wrote:
With the Chicago region’s population growth virtually stagnant, it doesn’t need a new airport unless the city decides to close MDW.
Speaking of, if MDW were to close with Peotone as its replacement, how would that change Chicago’s airspace? Would it allow for more throughput at ORD? I wonder if WN would be on board with having a major spoke capable of taking the bigger MAX jets, but significantly further from the city. I don’t believe that ORD can reasonably absorb WN’s MDW operation. Of course this is all hypothetical, I wholeheartedly believe peotone should be turned into a natural habitat instead of an airport.

As has been cited numerous times over the years on a.net: what matters the most is a region's GDP/capita, economic activity, and a region's relative wealth and business activity. That drives the demand for flights and airport capacity, expansions, etc, more than outright population.

Austin and Jacksonville are nearly the same size, but AUS sees more than double the amount of passengers as JAX. Nice has a population less than half of Belgrade, but NCE sees more the double the amount of air traffic of BEG thanks the immense wealth and economic activity surrounding Southeast France. Warsaw and Vienna are roughly the same size, but VIE sees about 70% more traffic than WAW.

The difference in pax numbers between VIE and WAW is driven mostly by popularity of low cost carriers in VIE, which is now a bloodbath with capacity dumps by inter alia Ryanair and Wizzair. You will clearly see this by comparing long haul offering which is much bigger in WAW than in VIE. And the latter is mostly because WAW serves a much bigger region than VIE. Also contributing is that Eurostat data show that differences in disposable income and GDP (PPP) per capita are actually not that huge (with WAW having a bit higher GDP (PPP) per capita and VIE having higher disposable income). That would be different if we include a wider region. https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/databrows ... le?lang=en

yeogeo

Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:41 pm

Its been well reported that United plans to reduce both international and domestic flights from April into May, but little actual route reductions have been announced.

A few changes in the schedule that affect O'Hare have begun to leak out.
The Chicago Business Journal reports that the new ORD-ZRH flight will be delayed until May 1, previously set to start later this month.
They also report that UA's ORD-BRU will be operating 787-10's X5/weekly instead of daily in March. More changes will be forthcoming:
"United plans to have all schedule changes loaded into the reservation system by Saturday."

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... 0ifQ%3D%3D

winter

Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:05 pm

artflyer wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
kordcj wrote:

The difference in pax numbers between VIE and WAW is driven mostly by popularity of low cost carriers in VIE, which is now a bloodbath with capacity dumps by inter alia Ryanair and Wizzair. You will clearly see this by comparing long haul offering which is much bigger in WAW than in VIE. And the latter is mostly because WAW serves a much bigger region than VIE. Also contributing is that Eurostat data show that differences in disposable income and GDP (PPP) per capita are actually not that huge (with WAW having a bit higher GDP (PPP) per capita and VIE having higher disposable income). That would be different if we include a wider region. https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/databrows ... le?lang=en

Artflyer, I think you've got your statistics mixed up. VIE has much more long haul service than WAW, both in number of flights and available seats. VIE generates greater demand than WAW, period.

artflyer

Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:31 am

winter wrote:
artflyer wrote:
ORDfan wrote:

Artflyer, I think you've got your statistics mixed up. VIE has much more long haul service than WAW, both in number of flights and available seats. VIE generates greater demand than WAW, period.

I don't want to drive this discussion into OT, but you made me curious, so I looked into actual stats:

Here are the ones for July 2019 (I have no more recent data available):

to/from ORD (so to keep it more within the topic):

VIE: 60 one way flights, 14,901 pax, 747,782 lbs cargo

WAW: 97 one way flights, 24,870 pax, 1,291,610 lbs cargo

to/from entire US:

VIE: 340 one way flights, 73,358 pax, 2,889,361 lbs cargo

WAW: 322 one way flights, 74,315 pax, 3,510,145 lbs cargo

This summer VIE is dropping MIA and starting BOS, while WAW is starting IAD and SFO.

Long haul destinations covered from VIE and not covered from WAW this summer: BOS, YUL, PVG, TPE, BKK

Long haul destinations covered from WAW and not covered from VIE this summer: MIA, SFO, SIN

http://aviationdb.net/aviationdb/F4SDetailQuery#SUBMIT

So, having now included also non-Austrian carriers, to me it is pretty close.

yeogeo

Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:45 pm

For the entire domestic system United has announced total number of flights (including charters) will be reduced from 155395 to 144541, for the period of 29MAR02 – 02MAY20. The reductions look like this for O'Hare:

"29MAR20 – 04APR20 3948 > 3801
05APR20 – 11APR20 3929 > 3672
12APR20 – 18APR20 3913 > 3652
19APR20 – 25APR20 3956 > 3700
26APR20 – 02MAY20 3944 > 3698"

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200308

ORDfan

Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:46 am

artflyer wrote:
winter wrote:
artflyer wrote:

I don't want to drive this discussion into OT, but you made me curious, so I looked into actual stats:

Here are the ones for July 2019 (I have no more recent data available):

to/from ORD (so to keep it more within the topic):

VIE: 60 one way flights, 14,901 pax, 747,782 lbs cargo

WAW: 97 one way flights, 24,870 pax, 1,291,610 lbs cargo

to/from entire US:

VIE: 340 one way flights, 73,358 pax, 2,889,361 lbs cargo

WAW: 322 one way flights, 74,315 pax, 3,510,145 lbs cargo

This summer VIE is dropping MIA and starting BOS, while WAW is starting IAD and SFO.

Long haul destinations covered from VIE and not covered from WAW this summer: BOS, YUL, PVG, TPE, BKK

Long haul destinations covered from WAW and not covered from VIE this summer: MIA, SFO, SIN

http://aviationdb.net/aviationdb/F4SDetailQuery#SUBMIT

So, having now included also non-Austrian carriers, to me it is pretty close.

You're missing the crux of my response to the OP..... OP made a point that population growth (or lack of) drives the need (or not) for new airport service.

Might point is: it's not a region's population, but it's GDP.

Rich cities (and countries) with rich industries will drive demand more flights (and airport expansions) than similarly-sized, but less-wealthy, less-business oriented cities. Furthermore, the richest US cities in the US are not seeing their population grow (link below).

Vienna metro population = 2.6m (31.6m pax transited VIE)
Waraw metro population = 3.1m (18.8m pax transited WAW)

Austin metro population = 2.1m (17.3m pax transited AUS)
Jacksonville metro population = 1.6m (7.1m pax transited JAX)

"The metropolitan areas with the most rapid per-person income growth since 1980 have had only modest population increases. Think of the Bay Area, Boston and Fairfield County in Connecticut. Conversely, most places with huge population gains have had only modest income growth. They’re not getting much richer. Think of places like Las Vegas, Phoenix and Orlando.

Among the 10 metros with the largest economies today, not one is getting both much richer and much bigger. In fact, in the past year the three metros at the top — New York, Los Angeles and Chicago — all lost population.

In other words, in almost all cases, economically successful places in America have gotten bigger or richer but not both."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/19/upsh ... rowth.html

yeogeo

Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Qantas delays inauguration of ORD-BNE flight:
"Qantas on Monday said it now plans to start flying the route sometime in mid-September but gave no specific date."

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/new ... route.html

kyrone

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Has El Al changed any of their ORD start up plans?

icareflies

Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Someone posted the launch is now postponed to June 28th 2020
AF777-300ER and 9W737-900 - Love it! Love it

windycity613

Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:19 pm

icareflies wrote:

Someone posted the launch is now postponed to June 28th 2020

Yes, Yesterday El Al announced the flight is delayed until June 28,2020

kordcj

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Looks like FI, LH, LX, and OS will keep flying to ORD during the travel ban. Not sure about schedule strength, but I’d be surprised to see all continue daily service.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:41 pm

Ireland and the UK are now included in the travel ban. I expect EI to dramatically reduce (and suspend some) US services. DUB-ORD will probably be reduced to 1x daily or less I would say.

gabik001

Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:05 am

kordcj wrote:
Looks like FI, LH, LX, and OS will keep flying to ORD during the travel ban. Not sure about schedule strength, but I’d be surprised to see all continue daily service.

LO will not fly to ORD because Poland banned all inbound/outbound flights starting Sunday midnight.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

ILikeTrains

Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:13 am

r/unitedairlines (subreddit for UAL) had a GS member waiting in a 7 hour line for customs and CDC checkups.

gabik001

Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:43 am

LO8507 is on the way to ORD to pick up those who wants to return home. Departing WAW as LO8508 at 10pm.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

FromGSPtoChi

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:27 pm

United, American slash flights from Chicago in April. United will have one international flight out of ORD in April. That's to Cancun.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavi ... story.html

ORDfan

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:34 pm

MDW ops are at reduced capacity after 3 controllers get coronavirus. Looks like reduced capacity until the tower is cleaned.

"Air traffic services are being moved from Midway to the Chicago Terminal Radar Approach Control facility, according to an email from the National Air Traffic Controllers Association. "

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/a ... s/2239078/

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/faa-say ... id-19.html

yeogeo

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi friends! I'm back from a ill-timed trip to Europe and under a two week self-quarantine at home. Flew from O'Hare to Amsterdam on the 11th to land in AMS with the flight ban having just been announced. What followed was a few days which still seem to me weeks worth of anxiety and difficulties; a timely escape to London Heathrow and a return to O'Hare from there on that infamous day: the Saturday Terminal 5 muck-up. ...but enough personal stuff; I noticed this today:

Qatar is scheduling a reduction to 5X weekly, but on the bright side is to begin flying its A-350's to O'Hare

"Doha – Chicago O’Hare 21MAR20 – 30APR20 Reduce from 7 to 5 weekly. A350-1000XWB operates 4 of 5 weekly from 01APR20 to 30APR20"

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200319

jcwr56

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 pm

EK will be suspending from March 27-June 30th.

Right now, Only LY, EK, NZ and QF are showing beyond May7th cancellations. I'm sure we'll see more.

jcwr56

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 pm

However, Cargo has see a surge of activity.

gabik001

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Just saw ELY23 scheduled to ORD but following previous post it will be postponed till June.

kordcj

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Will the fallout from Covid-19 jeopardize the OGT project as a whole, or will it be put on the back burner for a good while? Also is it safe to assume that OMP has been financed in full, and will be completed as scheduled regardless?
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

gabik001

Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:28 am

I can see on FR24 a lot of UA operations doing a cargo flights. Eg.UA2766 B773 to FRA (first loaded cargo at cargo ramp and later taxied to T1 for PAX) and now UA2295 B789 is pushing back from cargo terminal at ORD will probably load some PAX to LHR. Earlier today two UA flights from LHR two hours apart (both UA22xx flight numbers which were charter flights ) arrived at ORD, Seems UA doing well, but saw yesterday a lot of UA heavy metal parked near UA maintenance hangar.
Also LO still doing "flight to home" program from ORD as well as LO8508 every other day.

Amwest2United

Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:54 am

gabik001 wrote:
I can see on FR24 a lot of UA operations doing a cargo flights. Eg.UA2766 B773 to FRA (first loaded cargo at cargo ramp and later taxied to T1 for PAX) and now UA2295 B789 is pushing back from cargo terminal at ORD will probably load some PAX to LHR. Earlier today two UA flights from LHR two hours apart (both UA22xx flight numbers which were charter flights ) arrived at ORD, Seems UA doing well, but saw yesterday a lot of UA heavy metal parked near UA maintenance hangar.
Also LO still doing "flight to home" program from ORD as well as LO8508 every other day.

Actually taxied to T1 to get deiced.
Life is what happens to you while you making plans to live it!

Planeboy17

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Yeah, I see some interesting movements again today. A UA 789 in new colors from FRA, a 773 from AMS and another 789 from LHR. There’s also a TK CARGO 777 inbound around 4. There’s also an EY flight inbound. I thought they stopped all flying?

kd9gy

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:24 pm

MDW (Midway/Chicago) tower reopened just now (1700Z). It's been a full week that the tower was shutdown. Southwest starting to increase departures and arrivals - slowly. Not sure how many flights were cancelled this past week, and imagine many will not return any time soon...

gabik001

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:28 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
Yeah, I see some interesting movements again today. A UA 789 in new colors from FRA, a 773 from AMS and another 789 from LHR. There’s also a TK CARGO 777 inbound around 4. There’s also an EY flight inbound. I thought they stopped all flying?

Seems like EY, EK and QR still flying to ORD.
I took a shot of M6 B763F yesterday, flight from FRA. Looks like it will be frequent guest at ORD.
Just saw GB B762 from BWI on approach to 10C.

x1234

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:52 am

Remember TK is the cheapest option to Eastern Europe, Central Asia & Africa with many cities in the range of a narrowbody (TK is the airline that flies to MORE countries than any other airline).

BigPlaneGuy13

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:35 pm

On Sunday morning I flew LGA-ORD via AA and landed on 9L. As we taxied I was able to catch a glimpse of some of UA's parked heavies. They're lined up on what's called the "Orchard Pad" according to the ORD diagram. Here are some photos I took:

https://imgur.com/GAsXFX8
https://imgur.com/CZWxCby
https://imgur.com/P8Z5tUJ

These were all 767s and 772s, but further south UA had a lot of CRJs and 175s. Couldn't see them as they were off the right side of my flight.

ORDfan

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:34 am

kordcj wrote:
Will the fallout from Covid-19 jeopardize the OGT project as a whole, or will it be put on the back burner for a good while? Also is it safe to assume that OMP has been financed in full, and will be completed as scheduled regardless?

Been asking myself the same thing. Anyone's guess is as good as mine, but I think that OGT is so long-term, so macro, that (hopefully) this is nothing more than a bump along what promises to be a long, winding road for the OGT project.

I'm not as sold that teleconferencing is going to place a long-term dent in business travel as some of these video communications CEO's are claiming now.

I don't see the virus dampening the demand for air travel come 2030, 2040 and beyond, which is what the OGT is being built for.
Last edited by ORDfan on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ORDfan

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 am

BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:
On Sunday morning I flew LGA-ORD via AA and landed on 9L. As we taxied I was able to catch a glimpse of some of UA's parked heavies. They're lined up on what's called the "Orchard Pad" according to the ORD diagram. Here are some photos I took:

These were all 767s and 772s, but further south UA had a lot of CRJs and 175s. Couldn't see them as they were off the right side of my flight.

Wow, my jaw literally dropped when I saw these pics. Thank you so much for sharing... this is truly epic, and quite literally a once and a lifetime photo op. :o

So incredible. Thanks again.

On a side note: how many folks where on that flight?

BigPlaneGuy13

Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:02 am

ORDfan wrote:
BigPlaneGuy13 wrote:

Wow, my jaw literally dropped when I saw these pics. Thank you so much for sharing... this is truly epic, and quite literally a once and a lifetime photo op. :o

So incredible. Thanks again.

On a side note: how many folks where on that flight?

No problem! Happy to share. My flight left LGA at 7:30am with 19 aboard. They didn't even have us board by grouping - they just told us to spread out freely. So I took the second row behind first class in Premium Economy to stretch out!

gabik001

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:46 pm

Just saw DL B772 landed on 10C from MSP and went directly to SE cargo. Finally we got Delta a/c on Delta cargo :-)

yeogeo

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:30 pm

ORD FAA airport diagram updated a few days ago.

Below on the left is the previous diagram marked up in pink with the changes relative to the current airport diagram. It looks like a lot but a .2% change in magnetic declination accounts for most of the mark-up.

The new diagram is on the right. I’d point out the following:

• Changes around the new Orchard Pad (now in use by UA for 767 storage).
•South of the NW hangar complex the completion of taxiway YY2 and the removal of some remanent apron there.
•The outlines taking shape of associated taxiways and the far west portion of the 27L/9R extension.

For better resolution see link:
https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/2004/0016 ... ddest=(ORD)

yeogeo

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:47 pm

KLM has scheduled 25 international routes from March 29 through the 12th of April.
O'Hare is on the list: "Amsterdam – Chicago O’Hare 2 weekly 777-300ER".

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200328

ANA has the following scheduled for O'Hare on its 29th March to 24 April scheds:
"Tokyo Narita – Chicago O’Hare 1 daily 777-300ER'

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200328

yeogeo

Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:02 pm

And yet more 773 operations scheduled, this time with JAL to Haneda: HND – ORD once daily, 29 March through 30 April.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-20200329

gabik001

Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Was hanging today arund 28C and seems like mostly cargo arrivals. During past few days got whole variety of ATI (even with Amazon c/s) some GB and M6 (flights for GEC as AJT488/489). Looks like UA doing more cargo from FRA, LHR and NY area on B78X, B789 and B773.
Oh, and caught K4 on B77L from ANC - never saw it at ORD. Good days for spotters. Getting ready for next week once will have more time and weather should be better.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos