Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BNAMealer

Re: Chicago Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:04 pm

ckfred wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
ckfred wrote:
Here is the all important question. When will the ATS be operating? On Tuesday, my wife and I took our son to ORD. Since he is 17, she got to go out to the gate with him. I sat in the cell phone lot, until she came out at the baggage claim. While sitting in the cell phone lot, the test trains were running like it was regular operations. Test trains were running back in March, when I dropped off my wife for a flight to Tampa.

I know that the City has been bitten in the tush so many times, while trying to project a completion date. But, it seems to me that 7 months of testing should be sufficient to get the system up and running.

You know, at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been more worth it to tear down and rebuild the whole system from scratch, with a different type of track and cars. That way, they wouldn't have had to custom build new cars for the existing (outdated) VAL tracks. I am wondering if compatibility issues are the reason it keeps getting delayed.

I hadn't thought about that, but that's a good point. It's interesting that O'Hare's system became obsolete, despite being built in the late 80s/early 90s. The CTA rapid transit is the same gauge as the NYC subway system. But, because of the tight turns for the elevated tracks in the Loop, NYC rolling stock can't operate in Chicago.

However, knowing that Chicago has a history of projects falling behind and over budget, if they had done a complete rebuild of the tracks, starting when the extension to the rental car garage was being constructed, we would probably be looking at a longer time line.

The reconstruction of the Jane Byrne Interchange was supposed to take about 4.5 years. Now, the time line is 9 years, and the cost overrun is 33% and climbing. Granted, there have been a host of problems. It's common to find underground utilities are not where all of the maps indicated they should be. When they moved the curtain walls of Terminals 2 and 3 at ORD, they had the same problem. But one of the buildings at UIC is sinking, because of the excavation work. And work for the I-55/Lake Shore Drive interchange pulled funds away from the Byrne Interchange, slowing the project.

With the ATS tucked between the roadway around the terminals, the parking garage, and the Hilton, that would not leave a lot of room for cranes and other construction equipment to remove old track and install new track.

True, but OTOH, the Illinois Tollway completed the I-90 rebuilding/widening between Rockford and the Kennedy Expressway from 2013-2016 on time.

I think it would have been better to simply tear down and rebuild the whole system rather than attempting to adapt the VAL (which was even niche when it first opened) technology for today. Looking at videos of the SkyTrain in ATL, I just shake my head and think ORD could have done better.

SRQLOT

Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Quick question, flying out this morning out of O’hare and I saw the gates on east side of T5. I think there is a long stretch of 4-5 gates??? So if a flight is departing can only one flight be boarded at a time? How about when arriving, wouldn’t that cause a bottle beck if 2 flights arrive at the same time? The gate walkway looks just so skinny just like a regular gate. Just curious.

Also on flightaware looks like almost all flights are delayed 15-25 minutes any reason for that?
LO LH CL BA AZ WN UA DL AA B6 NK G4 F9
717 733/7/8/9/M8 744 752/3 763 788 319/20/21 332/3 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E7/95 (PA28,152)

jcwr56

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:53 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
Quick question, flying out this morning out of O’hare and I saw the gates on east side of T5. I think there is a long stretch of 4-5 gates??? So if a flight is departing can only one flight be boarded at a time? How about when arriving, wouldn’t that cause a bottle beck if 2 flights arrive at the same time? The gate walkway looks just so skinny just like a regular gate. Just curious.

Also on flightaware looks like almost all flights are delayed 15-25 minutes any reason for that?

There's 3 tunnel sections each separated but also connected by doors. Depending how its scheduled, you have 7 different gating configurations with passenger flows.

M19
M20
M21-22a/b

M22 goes live on the 7th.

muralir

Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:09 am

BNAMealer wrote:
You know, at this point, I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been more worth it to tear down and rebuild the whole system from scratch, with a different type of track and cars. That way, they wouldn't have had to custom build new cars for the existing (outdated) VAL tracks. I am wondering if compatibility issues are the reason it keeps getting delayed.

The real question is why did O'Hare choose a nonstandard system in the first place? It's not like people mover systems were so rare when the ATS was built. Were there operational or construction constraints that necessitated a custom system rather than using a more standardized off-the-shelf system?

SRQLOT

Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:11 am

jcwr56 wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

There's 3 tunnel sections each separated but also connected by doors. Depending how its scheduled, you have 7 different gating configurations with passenger flows.

M19
M20
M21-22a/b

Ah ok thank you, I guess with the gray color it seemed like one long tunnel. I guess the longest one won’t be fun when it is really cold or hot.
717 733/7/8/9/M8 744 752/3 763 788 319/20/21 332/3 M90 RJ85 CR9 Q400 E7/95 (PA28,152)

elbandgeek

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:36 pm

jcwr56 wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

M19
M20
M21-22a/b

any pictures? I'm curious to see exactly how it's all set up

SRQLOT

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:05 pm

elbandgeek wrote:
jcwr56 wrote:
SRQLOT wrote:

M19
M20
M21-22a/b

any pictures? I'm curious to see exactly how it's all set up

It almost looked like the gates at beginning of T1 B concourse, and yes I would be curious to see a photo. Unfortunately I departed to the west so didn’t get to see it from the air.

On a side note it was amazing to actually see a rush this time in both T1 and T3 during a bank and then absolutely nobody. Compared to last 2 round trips this summer I had to O’Hare where it seemed to be the quietest airport out there even during the banks.(Have not been to NYC area airports ever).

SyracuseAvGeek

Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:56 pm

About a week ago Cape Air began a new route from O’Hare to Manistee, Michigan. I was looking around for some information about the airport and found this trip report from someone who flew on the inaugural flight.

https://youtu.be/sHL8q5h7iqk

Cool that someone out there focuses on small airports like that
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

BNAMealer

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed, but did the Economy Lot E close a few months ago? If so, what will it become and are they going to tear down the ATS station for it?

drdisque

Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm

muralir wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

The real question is why did O'Hare choose a nonstandard system in the first place? It's not like people mover systems were so rare when the ATS was built. Were there operational or construction constraints that necessitated a custom system rather than using a more standardized off-the-shelf system?

I believe they chose the VAL because at the time, it was more proven operating longer-loop systems in inclement weather. Compare it to the people movers in place at places like TPA, MCO, ATL, CVG, PIT terminal trains and it's a much more complicated job. It would be years until more complicated skytrains like the DFW SkyTrain, IAH SkyWay, and TPA Ground Transportation and all of those don't have to deal with snow.

The only similar project of the era was EWR AirTrain and we know how odd and nonstandard that project ended up as well.

PUDFW

Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:58 pm

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

Cant find this anywhere else. I must admit i am shocked but maybe they see an opportunity with a weakened United and American. I would imagine they would get gates in T2 or T5 when finished?

Whats next DFW?....

kordcj

Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:29 pm

PUDFW wrote:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-southwest-airlines-ohare-airport-chicago-20201012-vjdutzwzozfhzgiysscmwtepti-story.html

Cant find this anywhere else. I must admit i am shocked but maybe they see an opportunity with a weakened United and American. I would imagine they would get gates in T2 or T5 when finished?

Whats next DFW?....

Well this is interesting case of desperate times calling for desperate measures. History has taught us that no Chicago hubbed carrier has had success with operating at both airports for a prolonged period of time. Does ORD have the gate space available for WN to be successful? Traditionally they have opened a new station with at least a dozen daily flights.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

timberwolf24

Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Not shocked at all with WN going into ORD. As for routes; DEN & BWI are no brainers. STL/MCI/BNA/LAS/PHX/HOU/DAL are strong contenders too.
Living in LA, ORD/MDW will always be home!

ORDfan

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:25 pm

PUDFW wrote:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-southwest-airlines-ohare-airport-chicago-20201012-vjdutzwzozfhzgiysscmwtepti-story.html

Whats next DFW?....

Did not see this coming at all... and not sure how I feel about it. I don't know if ORD's gate areas are suitable for LUV's boarding process. I'm thinking it could look like LGA, which is to say, not ideal.

kordcj wrote:
Well this is interesting case of desperate times calling for desperate measures. History has taught us that no Chicago hubbed carrier has had success with operating at both airports for a prolonged period of time. Does ORD have the gate space available for WN to be successful? Traditionally they have opened a new station with at least a dozen daily flights.

Very going points and interesting questions. I'm curious to see if ORD could be long-term viable for WN, especially since they are obviously not operating at 100% at MDW currently.

kordcj

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:46 am

ORDfan wrote:
PUDFW wrote:

Whats next DFW?....

Did not see this coming at all... and not sure how I feel about it. I don't know if ORD's gate areas are suitable for LUV's boarding process. I'm thinking it could look like LGA, which is to say, not ideal.

kordcj wrote:

Very going points and interesting questions. I'm curious to see if ORD could be long-term viable for WN, especially since they are obviously not operating at 100% at MDW currently.

So am I. They don’t get the advantage of their southwest effect coming into ORD. AA/UA/DL already price match them on any ORD/MDW-city pairing. So the only thing I see ORD doing for WN is cannibalizing any MDW offering they have. Maybe serving ORD allows MDW to become more of a connection airport for them. I do wonder, if we ever return to pre-coronavirus norms, if they will then pull out of ORD. Isn’t pax CPE at ORD nearly 3x that of MDW? They have a spotty history of maintaining decent service to high cost airports, ex. SFO, EWR.
The most obvious proof for intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us.

sircygnus

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:38 pm

Quick question. Winds are howling today out of the south, last hour ORD reported gusts to 44mph. A quick check still shows the airport in west flow. What is the threshold to switch to the 22s for arrivals? Surprised they haven’t already. Maybe something to do with repacking of 4R22L?

airstatdfw

Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:24 am

I did hear the airport was on the 22s today.

jplatts

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:00 pm

kordcj wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
kordcj wrote:

So am I. They don’t get the advantage of their southwest effect coming into ORD. AA/UA/DL already price match them on any ORD/MDW-city pairing. So the only thing I see ORD doing for WN is cannibalizing any MDW offering they have. Maybe serving ORD allows MDW to become more of a connection airport for them. I do wonder, if we ever return to pre-coronavirus norms, if they will then pull out of ORD. Isn’t pax CPE at ORD nearly 3x that of MDW? They have a spotty history of maintaining decent service to high cost airports, ex. SFO, EWR.

WN is primarily going to be targeting travel to and from northern Chicago suburbs, western Chicago suburbs, and the northernmost part of the city of Chicago with its upcoming ORD service.

On the other hand, WN will continue to use MDW as its primary gateway to the city of Chicago, southern Chicago suburbs, and Northwest Indiana. WN will also continue to connect some passengers through MDW.

ORDfan

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:43 pm

airstatdfw wrote:

sircygnus wrote:
Quick question. Winds are howling today out of the south, last hour ORD reported gusts to 44mph. A quick check still shows the airport in west flow. What is the threshold to switch to the 22s for arrivals? Surprised they haven’t already. Maybe something to do with repacking of 4R22L?

I saw those arrivals on 22L yesterday, including a couple go-arounds: one was an AA 788 (spectacular climb btw), and the other was a UA ERJ 145, which was rolling really aggressively and looked quite scary as I was on Balmoral.

Can't remember the last time I saw landings on 22L. Anyone know how often this happens?

drdisque

Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:34 pm

ORDfan wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:

sircygnus wrote:

I saw those arrivals on 22L yesterday, including a couple go-arounds: one was an AA 788 (spectacular climb btw), and the other was a UA ERJ 145, which was rolling really aggressively and looked quite scary as I was on Balmoral.

Can't remember the last time I saw landings on 22L. Anyone know how often this happens?

UAX no longer has E-145's scheduled into ORD. So it must have been Eagle or you are mistaken on the type.

ORDfan

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 pm

drdisque wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:

sircygnus wrote:

UAX no longer has E-145's scheduled into ORD. So it must have been Eagle or you are mistaken on the type.

You're right, brain fart. It was a CRJ7.

sircygnus

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:39 am

ORDfan wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:

sircygnus wrote:

Might have an opportunity to see some 22 arrivals on Saturday. NWS fairly confident of the need for a Wind advisory with frequent gusts over 40knots. Wish I could get out there as I’ve only landed 22L once and have never seen 22R arrivals in person.

gabik001

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:58 am

sircygnus wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:

sircygnus wrote:

Might have an opportunity to see some 22 arrivals on Saturday. NWS fairly confident of the need for a Wind advisory with frequent gusts over 40knots. Wish I could get out there as I’ve only landed 22L once and have never seen 22R arrivals in person.

There was plenty of arrivals on 22R yesterday, first when 22R was opened for arrivals was UA B753 around 5pm or so. Biggest a/c I noticed was UA B77W.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

drdisque

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:04 am

sircygnus wrote:
ORDfan wrote:
airstatdfw wrote:

sircygnus wrote:

22R LAHSO arrivals were super common before 27R was opened. It basically let ORD Arrive 3 runways simultaneously even though it only had a pair of parallel runways in West flow. A typical configuration in West flow in good weather would have been shooting arrivals on 27L (now 28R), 27R (now 27L) and 22R and running departures off 22L. Widebody departures that couldn't make the numbers to depart on 22L would shoot a gap on 27L (or 32L if the crosswind allowed).

Another common west flow was arriving 27L, departing 32L from an intersection, and departing 32R full length alternating with arrivals on 27R.

Elkadad313

Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:00 pm

ORDfan wrote:

ORD is landing everything on both 22s today.

United787

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:15 pm

The new runway, 9C/27C, will open on Thursday 11/5! Some good news...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html

FromGSPtoChi

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:17 pm

New O’Hare Airport runway, set to open Nov. 5, will send arriving flights over southern Park Ridge

Elkadad313

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:29 am

FromGSPtoChi wrote:
New O’Hare Airport runway, set to open Nov. 5, will send arriving flights over southern Park Ridge

Or southern Elk Grove Village/northern Itasca assuming arrivals will land 9C.

sircygnus

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:00 pm

United787 wrote:

Awesome news! I guess it will be used primarily as a departure runway during East flow operations (replacing 9R) while 9R/27L is extended. I would assume that upon completion of the extension 9C/27C will become primarily an arrival runway similar to 10C/28C. Will be interesting to see what this means for 9L/27R in terms of movements going forward

MLIAA

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 pm

sircygnus wrote:
United787 wrote:

Awesome news! I guess it will be used primarily as a departure runway during East flow operations (replacing 9R) while 9R/27L is extended. I would assume that upon completion of the extension 9C/27C will become primarily an arrival runway similar to 10C/28C. Will be interesting to see what this means for 9L/27R in terms of movements going forward

I don’t think this changes much for the north runway. On off-peak times it may get a little less busy, but they will still need 27R for west flow permanently, as they can’t land 28L and depart 22L at the same time.
Maybe they would prefer a 9C/10C/10R configuration over a 9L/9C/10C one. If not, 10R/28L won’t be used much.
A319 A320 A321 A332 B712 B722 B737 B738 B739 B744 B752 B763 B764 B772 B788 B789 MD80 S340 E140 E145 E170 E175 E195 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9

gabik001

Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:21 am

FLC80 (N80) doing ILS testing of new 27C runway right now for over 2 hours.
Canon 50D gripped + Canon 70D + 17-40 L + 24-105 L IS + 50 f/1.8 STM + 100-400L IS USM + Sigma 150-600 S

Planeboy17

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:52 pm

gabik001 wrote:

Are they using the lear?
I see that DL is using a 332 for the 777 replacement on the FRA cargo flight, at least for today. Too bad it’s so gloomy.

BEG2IAH

Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:05 am

I thought I was hallucinating this evening, but I saw people mover being tested. The new blue 3-car train had a big sign that read "TEST TRAIN" and it kept circling between the terminals. I know some tests were performed back in July, but it's been a while since the last time I saw them.
Flying at the cruising altitude is (mostly) boring. I wish all flights were nothing but endless take offs and landings every 10 minutes or so.

gabik001

Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:59 am

Planeboy17 wrote:
gabik001 wrote:

Are they using the lear?
I see that DL is using a 332 for the 777 replacement on the FRA cargo flight, at least for today. Too bad it’s so gloomy.

Seems like Beechcraft B300. Last time when they were calibrating 22R ILS they used N76.

BNAMealer

Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:25 pm

WN will be launching the following schedule at ORD at least as of March 1st. Departures from Terminal 5.

3x ORD-BNA
3x ORD-BWI
3x ORD-DAL
3x ORD-DEN
2x ORD-PHX

Anthstr

Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:45 pm

BEG2IAH wrote:
I thought I was hallucinating this evening, but I saw people mover being tested. The new blue 3-car train had a big sign that read "TEST TRAIN" and it kept circling between the terminals. I know some tests were performed back in July, but it's been a while since the last time I saw them.

They’ve been testing nearly every day - sometimes during the day and other times overnight.

ORD should get a used car discount on these cars for the amount of miles they will have when actually put into service.

FlyersFirst

Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Southwest will be launching MDW-COS March 11, 2021 2x daily.

FromGSPtoChi

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 pm

Southwest Airlines to offer 20 flights a day from O’Hare

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html

Planeboy17

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:21 am

Anyone know if Air India is officially closing ORD? I believe they are suspending it soon and UA will be adding ORD-DEL but I haven’t seen that AI has stated they won’t be returning to ORD.

Qantasman66

Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:17 am

Does anyone have any information about the QF service to ORD, it was meant to be delayed till September, but looking at wikepedia at airlines servicing ORD, it doesnt have qantas on there anymore, surely they're not ditching this service again are they?, Anybody know anything about this?

onwFan

Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:57 pm

Planeboy17 wrote:
Anyone know if Air India is officially closing ORD? I believe they are suspending it soon and UA will be adding ORD-DEL but I haven’t seen that AI has stated they won’t be returning to ORD.

AI has not loaded S21 inventory for any of its international routes, and that includes all the US routes. To my knowledge, there was no mention of them terminating ORD in particular, was there?

atrude777

Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:13 pm

SkyWest Airlines as United Express has put in an EAS bid to serve Joplin, Missouri and Sioux City, from ORD as an option, and also added Denver as an option too.

"Attached is SkyWest Airlines’ proposal to provide air service from:Joplin, MO, to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and/or Denver International Airport (DEN).Sioux City, IA, to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)and/or Denver International Airport (DEN)"

Source: www.regulations.gov
DOT-OST-2006-23932-0085

Right now AA serves these cities from ORD/DFW to resume Nov 4th, AA had pulled out earlier due to COVID.

However UA also serves SUX from Denver now, so curious if this is an added thing?

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

SyracuseAvGeek

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:09 pm

atrude777 wrote:
SkyWest Airlines as United Express has put in an EAS bid to serve Joplin, Missouri and Sioux City, from ORD as an option, and also added Denver as an option too.

"Attached is SkyWest Airlines’ proposal to provide air service from:Joplin, MO, to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and/or Denver International Airport (DEN).Sioux City, IA, to Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)and/or Denver International Airport (DEN)"

Source: http://www.regulations.gov
DOT-OST-2006-23932-0085

Right now AA serves these cities from ORD/DFW to resume Nov 4th, AA had pulled out earlier due to COVID.

However UA also serves SUX from Denver now, so curious if this is an added thing?

Alex

Boutique Air also put in a bid to serve Sioux City, they would do it from ORD and MSP... Joplin would be from DFW
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."

ADent

Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:12 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
WN will be launching the following schedule at ORD at least as of March 1st. Departures from Terminal 5.

3x ORD-BNA
3x ORD-BWI
3x ORD-DAL
3x ORD-DEN
2x ORD-PHX

Flights start 2/14.

When I check out the website I see 6 flights ORD-DEN, most days.

elbandgeek

Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:36 pm

With the introductory fares being almost comically cheap, I impulsively booked a weekend ORD-BNA in March just for the novelty of it. Since I live south and have a preference for WN anyway it's been quite a few years since I actually flew out of ORD and I've never been in T5 so it'll be something new.

I hadn't expected BNA to be one of the cities they'd serve, but I'm pleasantly surprised by it. If preds fans didn't hate hawks fans invading their arena enough as it is, now we've got even more options for it.

BNAMealer

Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:13 am

elbandgeek wrote:
I hadn't expected BNA to be one of the cities they'd serve, but I'm pleasantly surprised by it. If preds fans didn't hate hawks fans invading their arena enough as it is, now we've got even more options for it.

As a former Chicago area resident living in Nashville, I love it. I don't like MDW at all, and now I don't have to fly UA/AA to ORD anymore. It makes sense as BNA is slowly becoming the primary SE "hub" for WN.

n2dru

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:27 am

BNAMealer wrote:
elbandgeek wrote:

As a former Chicago area resident living in Nashville, I love it. I don't like MDW at all, and now I don't have to fly UA/AA to ORD anymore. It makes sense as BNA is slowly becoming the primary SE "hub" for WN.

Has BNA becoming WN's primary SE hub been annouced or is it your desire for it to be? WN seems to be doubling down on ATL as well. Don't think they swallowed AirTran just to give ATL away.

BNAMealer

Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:30 pm

n2dru wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:
elbandgeek wrote:

Has BNA becoming WN's primary SE hub been annouced or is it your desire for it to be? WN seems to be doubling down on ATL as well. Don't think they swallowed AirTran just to give ATL away.

BNA actually has slightly more destinations and overall flights than ATL. I think the desire is to maintain what they have in ATL, but not expand it too much further. They’ll never be able to effectively compete with the mega DL hub there.

BNA on the other hand, they are dominate in a market that has rapidly growing O&D demand. I have heard consistent rumors that BNA will eventually get a lot bigger for WN, and I’ve seen things that leant credence to those rumors. At a presentation I attended earlier this year (pre-COVID), the MNAA airport CEO himself mentioned that they are trying to get WN up to 300 flights at BNA. Of course, this was pre-COVID so who knows what the long term plans are now, but I do continue to believe BNA will significantly grow when the recovery comes.

Like I said in another thread, the initial markets that WN selected for ORD should be their top 5 stations flight wise going forward, but if you want to talk about that further, let’s go to that thread.

SRQLOT

Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:12 pm

I know my way around O’hare pretty well, but I do have a question about the sterile area bus service. I’m flying into ORD this Friday to T3 and my partner is on an international flight to T5 just over an hour earlier, can I take the bus to T5 even though I won’t have a ticket for a flight out of there. Or is the bus situation better now up front? Thanks.

jcwr56

Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:13 pm

SRQLOT wrote:
I know my way around O’hare pretty well, but I do have a question about the sterile area bus service. I’m flying into ORD this Friday to T3 and my partner is on an international flight to T5 just over an hour earlier, can I take the bus to T5 even though I won’t have a ticket for a flight out of there. Or is the bus situation better now up front? Thanks.

The airside terminal transfer bus was suspended back in March, you'll need to take the landside bus over to T5.