Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

qf789
Topic Author

St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:53 pm

Welcome to St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020. Please continue to add your comments below

Link to last thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411877
Forum Moderator

TWA302

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:54 pm

Looks like more than the airlines were not keen on the privatization of STL.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2019/12/30/these-prominent-businessmen-opposed-privatizing.html

When Enterprise Holdings, Ameren and Commerce CEOs have something to say you better listen.

And Happy New Year to all!

Jshank83

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:12 pm

TWA302 wrote:

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2019/12/30/these-prominent-businessmen-opposed-privatizing.html

When Enterprise Holdings, Ameren and Commerce CEOs have something to say you better listen.

I’m fine with them saying they aren’t for it but now let’s see them offer up ideas/money for improvements/flights

TWA302

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:35 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

I’m fine with them saying they aren’t for it but now let’s see them offer up ideas/money for improvements/flights

I am sure that Andy will be sharing his ideas here soon - From the article, Taylor said in a statement that "my focus has always been on advocating for the long term success of the St. Louis region. I look forward to working with Mayor Krewson and other leaders to make sure Lambert Airport can continue to be a strong asset for our hometown's future."

pmanni1

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:35 pm

Why would AA schedule 2 STL-ORD flights just 16 minutes apart? A 738 departs at both 4:59pm and 5:15pm. I'm noticing this weekdays in June and July.

stl07

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:36 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
Why would AA schedule 2 STL-ORD flights just 16 minutes apart? A 738 departs at both 4:59pm and 5:15pm. I'm noticing this weekdays in June and July.

That's weird. STL-Chicago is basically a shuttle on all three airlines though
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

stl07

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 pm

The schedule is pretty far out though and AA usually cleans it up later
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

stlgph

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Easy. Demand for connections to the east coast, midwest, and the international departures at O'Hare.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

STLflyer

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:30 pm

I'm on one of those AA flights in June, connecting to LHR. I was wondering that too.

Think I'm on the earlier one since it's a pretty tight connection.

stl07

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:35 pm

Just visited downtown after years, (I live far and have no reason to visit). It was simply amazing. The area near the arch is actually nice now, and the union station tourist trap perfectly links up the central corridor up to the arch, making the central corridor a nice miles long region for visitors to explore. I bet we will be seeing more tourists coming in this year, especially after companies like Forbes taking notice.

Midwestindy

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:44 pm

pmanni1 wrote:

Currently everything after May 6th is a placeholder schedule for AA, notice how they are running the same times and equipment from May 7th-November 28th
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

OzarkD9S

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:16 pm

Well, I'm not seeing any predictions yet but with the privatization kerfuffle off the table for now:

If we get a new airline this year my guess would be NK. But to where?

I think B6 is an outside possibility to BOS and/or FLL but they've ignored us all these years, I've pretty much written them off.

Other than that....wait and see I guess.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

TWA302

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:33 pm

stl07 wrote:
Just visited downtown after years, (I live far and have no reason to visit). It was simply amazing. The area near the arch is actually nice now, and the union station tourist trap perfectly links up the central corridor up to the arch, making the central corridor a nice miles long region for visitors to explore. I bet we will be seeing more tourists coming in this year, especially after companies like Forbes taking notice.

Things are coming along. Now, if we can just clean up that dumpster fire north of the Arch ! :-)

stl07

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:38 pm

TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Things are coming along. Now, if we can just clean up that dumpster fire north of the Arch ! :-)

On the flip side, people are turning the rif-raf into part of the appeal of north city.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/h ... -skatepark

Abandoned church turned into Skate Park

Jshank83

Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:34 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
Well, I'm not seeing any predictions yet but with the privatization kerfuffle off the table for now:

If we get a new airline this year my guess would be NK. But to where?

I think B6 is an outside possibility to BOS and/or FLL but they've ignored us all these years, I've pretty much written them off.

Other than that....wait and see I guess.

I have basically given up on B6 coming.

I think NK is more likely now with some certainty to fees.

I will be curious to see if Moxy (or whatever it is called) starts any routes, but I get the feeling they my be a BLV contender.

I don't really have any predictions. I THINK there is a decent chance we finally see a TATL announced (to start in 2021) now that it seems like the community is going to start getting on board with things at the airport. But I am not to bet the house on it level of certainty or anything.

We really need to MAX to get back in the air before I think much shakes loose.

OzarkD9S

Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:38 pm

Jshank83 wrote:

We really need to MAX to get back in the air before I think much shakes loose.

I concur, but at the rate MAX RTS is going, and getting the backlog in the air it may be this time NEXT year before STL sees any MAX related service additions.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

Jshank83

Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Looks like STL is getting CLEAR!

Registered Traveler Concession Agreement with AlClear, LLC (d/b/a CLEAR)

Also, as previously noted VivaAerobus is taking over the apple vacation routes from Volaris.

https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/events/event ... t_ID=23416

Jshank83

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:53 pm

November numbers are out for @flystl

50 straight months of growth comes to an end. Max groundings (and late Thanksgiving) really starting to show up.

Down 5.9% for the month
Up 1.4% on the year
Cargo up 9.8% on the month

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/document ... PubRel.pdf

stlgph

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:38 pm

I'm sure Southwest leaving Newark also put a nice dent into the numbers.

Definitely will be interesting to compare the eventual December numbers - to see where the consumer trend was this year. With Thanksgiving being so late, it's possible many people opted to skip travel on Thanksgiving and instead do it at Christmas - with Christmas falling in the middle of the week, people essentially taking off the entire week and having more time to travel to their friends and family, etc., rather than just trying to cram it over a 4 day weekend.

Or, we may see the entire opposite effect, too. Will be interesting to see.

Jshank83

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:17 am

stlgph wrote:
I'm sure Southwest leaving Newark also put a nice dent into the numbers.

Definitely will be interesting to compare the eventual December numbers - to see where the consumer trend was this year. With Thanksgiving being so late, it's possible many people opted to skip travel on Thanksgiving and instead do it at Christmas - with Christmas falling in the middle of the week, people essentially taking off the entire week and having more time to travel to their friends and family, etc., rather than just trying to cram it over a 4 day weekend.

Or, we may see the entire opposite effect, too. Will be interesting to see.

I’d expect December to be back up, but we will see. November was a rough month for a lot of airports.

mwmav8r01

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 am

Thanksgiving being late def had to do with that. The Wed Christmas and New Year will make Dec much better. Seems like packed planes everywhere. Time will tell.

Jshank83

Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:04 pm

Since predictions seem to be the thing this time of year I guess I should make mine for 2020:

These are pretty much in order of confidence.

Passing the 16 million passenger mark (If the MAX wasn't grounded I would say 17 but I think we will be more like 16.5)
The June ramp up of Southwest is just the start and that continues past the end of they year with large monthly gains. (MAX pending)
This includes opening more gates and the long awaited D is re-opened to walk between terminals.
Final design for the new WN baggage claim and construction starts.
The region finally comes together after this privatization fiasco and get a TATL flight done. Announced to start in 2021.
DL/AA are pretty much status quo.
Sun Country adds a few more destinations.
NK finally comes to town. (might not start til 2021 but it will at least be announced)
No JetBlue still

lower confidence under this line
United expands in STL. - going out on a limb a bit on this one.
G4 base announced at BLV
WN crew base announced
Some sort of announcement on a future master plan of the airport terminals wise/rental car/etc (getting that done this year might be a little bit of a stretch though)

I really am going to be curious to see how all the regional governess/renewed interest in the airport plays out. I really don't know what to expect with it but having more interest has to be a good thing. I think we will see business leaders more involved.

Also, some of the ongoing projects will be interesting to see how they finish up. Redoing the traffic patterns in T2 is a big one. Hopefully they helps to get the garage parking by itself and adding more passenger pick up spots.

dcaproducer

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Jshank83 I agree with much of what you predicted.

I'd add the slowing of growth in STL in 2019 was directly attributed to the MAX fiasco. That was outside of the airports control. With that said, the region needs to refocus on what can be done to make the airport even better.

I think your 16.5-17 million passengers is accurate and that will continue to grow for the foreseeable future.
D reconnects to C and WN opens up 2-3 more gates.
Something happens with a Trans Atlantic option and I think this will be driven by business leaders and not just the government.
I'll also go out on a limb that the airport finally gets something new going with cargo infrastructure.

BLV is interesting. I'm curious to see where they finish 2019 and what Allegiant has planned for 2020. If that airport gets to a 400k-500k operation, that's no small feat.

Jshank83

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:55 pm

dcaproducer wrote:
I'll also go out on a limb that the airport finally gets something new going with cargo infrastructure.

This is one I wanted to predict something on but have no feel for things with it. Now that the bi national this seems to be dead, I am not sure what is on the horizon. I think in a few years there is a chance a for big gains in the department but wasn't sure where to go with it for next year. I'm hopeful they get something else in place sooner than later.

stl07

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:17 pm

Curious as to why you didn't list TATL in your "low confidence" section Jshank

stlgph

Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:22 pm

For 2020 I predict a long, slow, dull, boring year.

Perhaps something of interest from Sun Country Airlines but nothing earth shattering.

Even if the MAX was able to come back tomorrow, I see it being a long, slow, drawn out process to get back up to speed.

Jshank83

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 pm

stl07 wrote:
Curious as to why you didn't list TATL in your "low confidence" section Jshank

I think there is enough momentum from the business community and other government bodies in the region that it will get done now. I wouldn't have said that a month ago. I still might not put it as HIGH confidence because STL always can screw anything up, but I would put it Medium-High.

I obviously could have a different opinion a month from now but at the moment I feel pretty good about it.

stl07

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:14 pm

Saga isn't over yet. What the heck is this?

https://www.aviationpros.com/airports/a ... m-st-louis

stl07

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:21 pm

I swear every single thing Max Prosperi writes about and makes money off of is taken directly from our discussion board here or from Jshank's account. The news could be out for days, but the moment we talk about it or Jshank tweets something, it ends up on his blog. It would be one thing if he was just doing it to keep people informed like the aviation news twitter or some of the other stuff i've seen but it annoys me that someone his sitting waiting to make money off of everything I write.

Jshank83

Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:30 pm

Interesting article on some business leaders, Southwest, and privatization.

Two St. Louis executives skeptical of the Lambert airport privatization process met with a top Southwest Airlines leader days before Mayor Lyda Krewson ended it, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Andy Taylor, executive chairman of privately held rental car giant Enterprise Holdings, and David Kemper, executive chairman of Commerce Bancshares, traveled to Dallas for the Dec. 16 meeting with Southwest President Tom Nealon, the people said.

Southwest, the largest carrier at Lambert, is based in Dallas. It and other Lambert airlines agreed to a preliminary framework for privatization before the city, in October, issued a request for qualifications to firms interested in operating Lambert. Southwest would have an outsized say in whether Lambert is operated by a private company because of Federal Aviation Administration rules giving airlines veto power over any deal.

Kemper, in a statement, said the Dec. 16 meeting "was a continuation of a series of meetings the business community has had with Southwest Airlines over the last several years on how the business community can work with major stakeholders to improve air service at Lambert."

The Business Journal reported on Monday that Taylor and Kemper, plus Ameren CEO Warner Baxter, raised concerns with Krewson prior to her ending the privatization effort on Dec. 20. Civic Progress and the Regional Business Council, organizations made up of area CEOs, also said they raised concerns with the city and offered to pay for a study of alternatives to privatizing Lambert, which they said must still be improved. Baxter and Kemper are Civic Progress members.

But the new information makes clear that St. Louis' corporate community had also opened a dialogue with Southwest.

On Nov. 26, Regional Business Council Executive Director Kathy Osborn sent a note about Lambert privatization to her organization's members. In it, she said the topic was "of key interest to the St. Louis business community," and that "Southwest Airlines has a strong voice in this process and their importance to the future health of St. Louis Lambert International Airport is critical."

"A few of the region's key business leaders are in dialogue with Southwest regarding the proposed privatization," Osborn wrote.

"Therefore," she added, "we have a special request — we would like to ask you to provide us with your company's total annual spending with Southwest Airlines."

Osborn wrote that the information, which was due to her by Dec. 6, "will help the business community demonstrate to Southwest how important we are to the process."

Melissa Lackey, spokeswoman for the RBC and Civic Progress, declined to comment.

A Southwest Airlines spokesman had no immediate comment.

Some of the companies hoping to lease Lambert and the city's privatization advisers had advocated changes to the airport's rental car facilities. Enterprise is a tenant.

An Enterprise Holdings spokeswoman, Sara Miller, said, "I would not have comment on any specific meetings."

She added,

"However, I would reinforce what Andy previously said. His focus has always been on advocating for the long-term success of the St. Louis region, which includes ensuring we have a thriving airport. He, like many others, had expressed his desire to see an enhanced process to evaluate all potential opportunities for the airport, including privatization, before any final decision was made. He looks forward to working with the Mayor and other leaders to determine the best path forward."
A spokesman for Krewson emphasized that the decision to end the privatization process was hers alone, and that local executives are free to communicate with Lambert's airlines and other stakeholders. She also previously cited a lack of buy-in from the business community and city residents, and some continued skepticism of privatization from Lambert's airlines, as reasons for ending the privatization effort.

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/new ... s_headline

TWA302

Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:42 pm

stl07 wrote:
I swear every single thing Max Prosperi writes about and makes money off of is taken directly from our discussion board here or from Jshank's account. The news could be out for days, but the moment we talk about it or Jshank tweets something, it ends up on his blog. It would be one thing if he was just doing it to keep people informed like the aviation news twitter or some of the other stuff i've seen but it annoys me that someone his sitting waiting to make money off of everything I write.

Can you provide some details? Find this interesting.

PhilMcCrackin

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:12 pm

stl07 wrote:

Meh, you're giving him too much credit. I read through his blog and it's just the typical credit card hawking and "Look how oontzy I am flying first class(purchased with frequent flyer miles from credit cards)" that all other travel bloggers do.

kipfilet

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:19 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
United expands in STL. - going out on a limb a bit on this one. .

As a UA FF really hoping for this one. The fact that we got a great deal of CRJ-550 inaugural routes was promising, and hopefully a signal that UA hasn't completely ignored the fact that there are business flyers in STL (this seemed to be the case when comparing the proportion of RJs they use vs the other two legacies).
Also UA ground services in STL are extremely incompetent, have had some "interesting" experiences with them, hopefully that gets shaken too.

atrude777

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:23 pm

kipfilet wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

Also UA ground services in STL are extremely incompetent, have had some "interesting" experiences with them, hopefully that gets shaken too.

It is United Mainline for Ticket Counter and Gates, or do you mean the Ramp Folks? They are not UA Mainline.

I don't see too much shaking for ATW for UA Mainline in STL. Ironically I forgot when, they were awarded something for their Customer Service for UA. It was an internal thing that was passed around.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

TWA302

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:05 pm

KMOV piece on interest in airport improvements spurred by the NAACP and Carpenter's Union. Take it with a grain of salt.
https://www.kmov.com/news/local-organizations-to-pursue-lambert-airport-improvements/article_a94f60fc-30a6-11ea-8170-53c82f337292.html

dcaproducer

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:02 pm

TWA302 wrote:
KMOV piece on interest in airport improvements spurred by the NAACP and Carpenter's Union. Take it with a grain of salt.
https://www.kmov.com/news/local-organizations-to-pursue-lambert-airport-improvements/article_a94f60fc-30a6-11ea-8170-53c82f337292.html

From KMOV article:
"The airport reportedly needs $900 million worth of improvements over the next 10-15 years."

This number seems to have been pulled from thin air with no context.

stlgph

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:32 pm

No, the number came from the mayor.

stl07

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:59 am

stlgph wrote:

That doesn't change the previous statement :lol:

Jshank83

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:02 am

stl07 wrote:
stlgph wrote:

900 million is some major improvements. I would be curious to see what that includes. A new terminal isn't a whole lot more than that.

stl07

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:04 am

TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Haha, that was more of a rant than anything. I don't really care what he does.

Finding an example, however, is easy. For example, just recently, the news had been out for hours about the guy in Mexico who claimed to have been kidnapped while trying to get status on AA. But the moment Jshank tweeted it, it only took a few minutes for the whole thing to end up on his blog, as though he was the one breaking the story even though it had already been broken for hours.

dcaproducer

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
stlgph wrote:

900 million is some major improvements. I would be curious to see what that includes. A new terminal isn't a whole lot more than that.

Agreed. 900 million is more than new lighting, tile and paint, but probably not enough for a new terminal.

I love what SLC is doing. STL could do something similar, minus the North Concourse. SLC's budget for their project was $3.6 Billion. ($365m for the central terminal and $67mil for the South Concourse)
https://www.slcairport.com/assets/pdfDo ... ooklet.pdf

TWA302

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:47 pm

stl07 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Finding an example, however, is easy. For example, just recently, the news had been out for hours about the guy in Mexico who claimed to have been kidnapped while trying to get status on AA. But the moment Jshank tweeted it, it only took a few minutes for the whole thing to end up on his blog, as though he was the one breaking the story even though it had already been broken for hours.

Gotcha. I was looking for STL related content that he was repurposing.

On a side note, W1W debt only has 10 more years before it is paid off. That will be a big sigh of relief for sure for Lambert. I think I read that they repay about $78M each year.

kipfilet

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:08 am

atrude777 wrote:
kipfilet wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:

It is United Mainline for Ticket Counter and Gates, or do you mean the Ramp Folks? They are not UA Mainline.

I don't see too much shaking for ATW for UA Mainline in STL. Ironically I forgot when, they were awarded something for their Customer Service for UA. It was an internal thing that was passed around.

Alex

I guess my main complaints are really with the ramp people. This may sound like a tired Karen moment, but luggage always takes forever to be delivered (way longer than at any major airport I traveled through), to the point that I avoid checking luggage if my final destination is STL. Multiple times, it took over 45 minutes. A couple times I complained to airport staff, who told me that UA is to blame.

There were other instances of what I considered to be unprofessional behavior. Once with a gate agent: flight supposed to leave at 7:40, but there's no airplane at the gate once I get there at 7:15. I ask the gate agent what is going on, and she goes "oh yes, I guess I should make an announcement". Of course you should, people are going to miss connections you idiot. Another time was possibly the most hilarious flight delay I had in the history of flight delays: no plane at the gate, but the pilot and the rest of the crew are there, waiting. No gate agent to be seen. I ask what is going on. Captain says that the plane is in STL, but someone is supposed to come pick him up from the gate so that he can bring the plane to the gate, and apparently there was no one available to do that. Flight to Newark ended up delayed over 2 hours (with multiple people missing connections) in spite of (i) good weather, (ii) crew was ready, (iii) plane was in STL. This was comical incompetence in my view. Captain was notably angry at the whole situation and made a point of blaming UA ground crew on multiple instances of inflight announcements.

stl07

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:29 am

TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

Gotcha. I was looking for STL related content that he was repurposing.

On a side note, W1W debt only has 10 more years before it is paid off. That will be a big sigh of relief for sure for Lambert. I think I read that they repay about $78M each year.

You'll find that too haha.

Really good news on the debt as well

Jshank83

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:47 am

kipfilet wrote:
atrude777 wrote:
kipfilet wrote:

Alex

I guess my main complaints are really with the ramp people. This may sound like a tired Karen moment, but luggage always takes forever to be delivered (way longer than at any major airport I traveled through), to the point that I avoid checking luggage if my final destination is STL. Multiple times, it took over 45 minutes. A couple times I complained to airport staff, who told me that UA is to blame.

There were other instances of what I considered to be unprofessional behavior. Once with a gate agent: flight supposed to leave at 7:40, but there's no airplane at the gate once I get there at 7:15. I ask the gate agent what is going on, and she goes "oh yes, I guess I should make an announcement". Of course you should, people are going to miss connections you idiot. Another time was possibly the most hilarious flight delay I had in the history of flight delays: no plane at the gate, but the pilot and the rest of the crew are there, waiting. No gate agent to be seen. I ask what is going on. Captain says that the plane is in STL, but someone is supposed to come pick him up from the gate so that he can bring the plane to the gate, and apparently there was no one available to do that. Flight to Newark ended up delayed over 2 hours (with multiple people missing connections) in spite of (i) good weather, (ii) crew was ready, (iii) plane was in STL. This was comical incompetence in my view. Captain was notably angry at the whole situation and made a point of blaming UA ground crew on multiple instances of inflight announcements.

I really don't get why their baggage is so slow. I have had some really long waits also.

Jshank83

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:54 pm

At the airport commission meeting.

Clear sounds like it should be going by February sometime. The airport will be getting a cut of sign up revenue based on county. Even will get some from mid Missouri counties like Boone.

T1 and T2 will have sign ups. All concourses will have lanes.

Airport thinks they should have an attractive package for an INTL flight. Working with local organizations.

stl07

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:37 pm

Did they specifically say "INTL" not, as in not TATL? t would be cool to see them encourage some long hanging fruit like MEX, Montreal, Calgary with a light subsidy beyond just the TATL.

Jshank83

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 pm

stl07 wrote:
Did they specifically say "INTL" not, as in not TATL? t would be cool to see them encourage some long hanging fruit like MEX, Montreal, Calgary with a light subsidy beyond just the TATL.

They probably said Europe. Whatever was said it was implied they were talking about Europe. There was a question from one of the commissioners about it that was responded to. Had to do with outside organizations getting involved, whether that be businesses or universities.

stl07

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:19 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

They probably said Europe. Whatever was said it was implied they were talking about Europe. There was a question from one of the commissioners about it that was responded to. Had to do with outside organizations getting involved, whether that be businesses or universities.

Well, good to here of all the involvement.

Jshank83

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:31 am

One other note. STL-Quincy started back up today.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos