maps4ltd
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:14 am

Cape?
Delta Gold Medallion
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:09 am

maps4ltd wrote:
Cape?


Correct
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:45 am

stl07 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Haha, that was more of a rant than anything. I don't really care what he does.

Finding an example, however, is easy. For example, just recently, the news had been out for hours about the guy in Mexico who claimed to have been kidnapped while trying to get status on AA. But the moment Jshank tweeted it, it only took a few minutes for the whole thing to end up on his blog, as though he was the one breaking the story even though it had already been broken for hours.


Gotcha. I was looking for STL related content that he was repurposing.

On a side note, W1W debt only has 10 more years before it is paid off. That will be a big sigh of relief for sure for Lambert. I think I read that they repay about $78M each year.

You'll find that too haha.

Really good news on the debt as well

https://thecollegepoints.com/news/clear ... is-airport
At least he quoted Jshank this time.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
Max752
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:56 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:30 am

stl07 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:

Gotcha. I was looking for STL related content that he was repurposing.

On a side note, W1W debt only has 10 more years before it is paid off. That will be a big sigh of relief for sure for Lambert. I think I read that they repay about $78M each year.

You'll find that too haha.

Really good news on the debt as well

https://thecollegepoints.com/news/clear ... is-airport
At least he quoted Jshank this time.


Hey STL Aviation Geek community. Max Prosperi here. Just thought I'd address some of the criticisms I've received here.

First and foremost, this is my first time on Airliners.net in maybe a year or more. The only reason I came across this thread was upon noticing some of my site's traffic came from Airliners.net.

None of what ends up on The College Points or any site for which I blog comes from this forum. Additionally, regarding the Cabo story, I came across Kimmel's original Tweets organically in my Twitter feed. I communicate with STL Aviation News on Twitter and have no intention of passing off their reporting as my own.

If a post is the result of another individual's reporting, I will always give credit and provide a link to the original source.

Best Regards,
-Max752
Super 80, pff, more like Stupid 80 | TravelUpdate.com & TheCollegePoints.com |
 
pmanni1
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:54 am

Why are airlines so reluctant to compete with WN at STL? WN has 51 destinations out of STL but other airlines only compete on 20 of those routes. This leaves a whopping 31 destinations without any competition. I can understand that places like ICT, DSM or LIT could never support 2 carriers but there are routes like AUS, BOS, FLL,SAN that could stand some competition.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:35 pm

pmanni1 wrote:
Why are airlines so reluctant to compete with WN at STL? WN has 51 destinations out of STL but other airlines only compete on 20 of those routes. This leaves a whopping 31 destinations without any competition. I can understand that places like ICT, DSM or LIT could never support 2 carriers but there are routes like AUS, BOS, FLL,SAN that could stand some competition.


While WN is currently the only airline serving FLL nonstop from STL, WN STL-FLL nonstop service is already in competition with AA STL-MIA nonstop service and G4 BLV-FLL nonstop service.

Even though WN is currently the only airline serving BWI nonstop from STL, both AA and WN serve DCA nonstop from STL and UA serves IAD nonstop from STL. NK adding STL-BWI nonstop service might happen if NK adds service to STL.

I agree that DL adding STL-BOS nonstop service is a possibility with DL already serving BOS nonstop from ORD, CVG, CLE, CMH, DTW, IND, MCI, MKE, and MSP in the Midwest. In addition, DL adding nonstop service to LAX, RDU, and SEA out of STL is also a possibility with DL already serving LAX, RDU, and SEA nonstop from other Midwestern cities.

AA re-adding STL-AUS nonstop service might be a possibility with AA having recently added point-to-point nonstop routes out of AUS to BOS, SJC, and SJD. DL adding STL-AUS might be a possibility if DL adds nonstop service to AUS from other non-DL hub destinations as there have been other individuals who have mentioned DL possibly adding nonstop service to additional domestic destinations out of AUS. Other possibilities include F9 adding STL-AUS nonstop service, G4 adding BLV-AUS nonstop service, or NK adding STL-AUS nonstop service if NK adds service to STL.

There are also many destinations currently served nonstop out of STL on WN that will probably never be served nonstop out of STL by AA, DL, or UA.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:15 pm

Here are the Q2 2019 PDEW's of top domestic routes that WN doesn't currently serve nonstop out of STL:
STL-CLT - 161 (AA already serves CLT nonstop from STL)
STL-JAX - 76
STL-CHS - 70 (WN already has seasonal weekend-only nonstop service to CHS from STL)
STL-ORF - 62
STL-CVG - 53 (DL already serves CVG nonstop from STL)
STL-RIC - 51
STL-ABQ - 46 (WN previously served ABQ nonstop from STL)
STL-SAV - 37 (SAV isn't currently served by WN)
STL-BUF - 35
STL-TUS - 35
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Max752 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
You'll find that too haha.

Really good news on the debt as well

https://thecollegepoints.com/news/clear ... is-airport
At least he quoted Jshank this time.


Hey STL Aviation Geek community. Max Prosperi here. Just thought I'd address some of the criticisms I've received here.

First and foremost, this is my first time on Airliners.net in maybe a year or more. The only reason I came across this thread was upon noticing some of my site's traffic came from Airliners.net.

None of what ends up on The College Points or any site for which I blog comes from this forum. Additionally, regarding the Cabo story, I came across Kimmel's original Tweets organically in my Twitter feed. I communicate with STL Aviation News on Twitter and have no intention of passing off their reporting as my own.

If a post is the result of another individual's reporting, I will always give credit and provide a link to the original source.

Best Regards,
-Max752

Hi max, thanks for responding. That proves to me that you actually care unlike some other bloggers. As I pointed out with the clear article, you have been getting much better at giving credit than your earlier days. That being said, I still stand by my original comments- you shine best when you use original content such as the Cathay flight you took to JFK or the eas article which would be extremely interesting to those who don’t know about eas. Otherwise, it looks like you are regurgitating information that has already been used by other people like what you see at the points guy, which makes people dislike that site. You have lots of potential in your blog as you have lots of good content and I wish you success.
Also, I would love it if you came back here and started posting again.

Stl07
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
flybaby
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:47 pm

jplatts wrote:
Here are the Q2 2019 PDEW's of top domestic routes that WN doesn't currently serve nonstop out of STL:
STL-CLT - 161 (AA already serves CLT nonstop from STL)
STL-JAX - 76
...


Just wanted to note that during this time G4 served JAX nonstop from BLV. This route returns this Spring.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:56 pm

flybaby wrote:
jplatts wrote:
STL-JAX - 76


Just wanted to note that during this time G4 served JAX nonstop from BLV. This route returns this Spring.


I understand that G4 already has seasonal nonstop service to JAX out of BLV that resumes in May 2020, but WN adding STL-JAX nonstop service is a possibility with
(a) some travelers in the STL market who will not fly out of BLV,
(b) WN having a FF base in the STL market to support STL-JAX nonstop service, and
(c) WN having connecting feed from cities not currently served nonstop from JAX such as DSM, LIT, OKC, TUL, and ICT in addition to O&D to support STL-JAX nonstop service.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:05 pm

Well of course he does! Dude was getting campaign contributions from some of the involved parties!

Lewis Reed criticizes mayor's decision to end Lambert privatization process

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/gov ... op-story-1
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 am

Crosswind runway used tonight (24) for the first time this year because of storm related winds. Also planes in holding pattern over Vandalia IL and Cape Girardeau.
Delta Gold Medallion
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:24 am

BLV-Savannah on G4 starts 2x weekly June 6th
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 am

Jshank83 wrote:
BLV-Savannah on G4 starts 2x weekly June 6th


This means June will have 42 flights a week. Maxing at 9 a day Thursday/Sunday. 10 more or 31% more than June 2019
 
pmanni1
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:16 am

Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
BLV-Savannah on G4 starts 2x weekly June 6th


This means June will have 42 flights a week. Maxing at 9 a day Thursday/Sunday. 10 more or 31% more than June 2019

BLV seems to work for them but they're continuing a trend of moving into major cities. This article makes me wonder if in the long run they'd move over to STL. https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/a ... 458672002/
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:19 am

pmanni1 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
BLV-Savannah on G4 starts 2x weekly June 6th


This means June will have 42 flights a week. Maxing at 9 a day Thursday/Sunday. 10 more or 31% more than June 2019

BLV seems to work for them but they're continuing a trend of moving into major cities. This article makes me wonder if in the long run they'd move over to STL. https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/a ... 458672002/

Was thinking the same thing. Nashville, Memphis, Midway, Houston, Newark

If I worked at BLV, I would be shitting in my pants
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
stlgph
Posts: 11037
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:32 am

Why give up a nice market where you're the only game in town that has continued to prove itself
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:36 am

stlgph wrote:
Why give up a nice market where you're the only game in town that has continued to prove itself

Look at G4's massive Youngstown operation.


There isn't one. It was all moved to PIT.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:43 am

I’m personally not all that convinced they have any intention of moving. BLV is looking to expand the terminal and include customs. They wouldn’t be doing that without some direction from G4.

They are starting to add bigger cities but they still operate plenty of secondary airports and continue to grow them also. Even some of the bigger cities they are moving into they are going into the smaller airport.

Youngstown is over an hour from PIT and not much further to CLE. So to me that’s a different situation than STL/BLV. Youngstown was too far from the population centers.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 am

Jshank83 wrote:
I’m personally not all that convinced they have any intention of moving. BLV is looking to expand the terminal and include customs. They wouldn’t be doing that without some direction from G4.

They are starting to add bigger cities but they still operate plenty of secondary airports and continue to grow them also. Even some of the bigger cities they are moving into they are going into the smaller airport.

Youngstown is over an hour from PIT and not much further to CLE. So to me that’s a different situation than STL/BLV. Youngstown was too far from the population centers.

I wouldn't be too surprised if G4 decided to start flights to STL but didn't cut out their BLV flights, sort of like how NK flies out of both LBE and PIT
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:19 am

stl07 wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
I’m personally not all that convinced they have any intention of moving. BLV is looking to expand the terminal and include customs. They wouldn’t be doing that without some direction from G4.

They are starting to add bigger cities but they still operate plenty of secondary airports and continue to grow them also. Even some of the bigger cities they are moving into they are going into the smaller airport.

Youngstown is over an hour from PIT and not much further to CLE. So to me that’s a different situation than STL/BLV. Youngstown was too far from the population centers.

I wouldn't be too surprised if G4 decided to start flights to STL but didn't cut out their BLV flights, sort of like how NK flies out of both LBE and PIT


Now I would put that at a lower chance than moving entirely (not including Allegiant taking over charter flights). But I have really have no clue.
 
stlgph
Posts: 11037
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Youngstown and 3 destinations

Belleville...market all to self, has grown to 11 destinations
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:00 pm

2019 3rd Qtr O&D is out.

Notes:
These numbers do NOT include BLV
JAX passed MKE

Biggest gains YoY
By Count
DC 84 (13%)
MSP 66 (20%)
LAS 39 (9%)
NYC 35 (4%)
BOS 28 (8%)
DEN 28 (4%)
JAX 19 (32%)

Biggest loss
By Count
LA -29 (-5.07%)
MIA metro -29 (-9.68%)
SF Bay Area -17 (-4.03%)
MCI -17 (-16.18%)

Overall up 3.5%-ish. This doesn't include ALL numbers but it includes most above 10 each way a day.

Highest unserved O&D from STL and average yearly passengers a day.
JAX 80 -Served seasonally from BLV.
ORF 56
RIC 46
ABQ 41
TUS 34
SAV 33 - To be served seasonally from BLV

Highest only served daily by one airline
BOS 342
TPA 257
SAN 256
RSW 181
AUS 168

Full Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:52 pm

I thought Tampa was served by SY as well Jshank
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:54 pm

stl07 wrote:
I thought Tampa was served by SY as well Jshank


That’s why I put daily in the heading. :-)
But I probably should have noted it. RSW is also.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 14155
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 am

stl07 wrote:
stlgph wrote:
Why give up a nice market where you're the only game in town that has continued to prove itself

Look at G4's massive Youngstown operation.


There isn't one. It was all moved to PIT.


I dunno. If we pretend that no one crosses the river to fly (obviously not true), isn’t Metro East by itself pretty much in G4’s sweet spot?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1905
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:22 am

Jshank83 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
I thought Tampa was served by SY as well Jshank


That’s why I put daily in the heading. :-)
But I probably should have noted it. RSW is also.

I need to reread stuff before opening my mouth :lol:
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
flybaby
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 am

stl07 wrote:
stlgph wrote:
Why give up a nice market where you're the only game in town that has continued to prove itself

Look at G4's massive Youngstown operation.


There isn't one. It was all moved to PIT.


I don’t think this is a fair comparison to BLV. Youngstown is much further from Pittsburgh than BLV is from St. Louis (Youngstown airport is about an hour and a half drive from Pittsburgh). In fact, Youngstown is almost as close to Cleveland as it is to Pittsburgh and it’s even closer to Akron.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:26 pm

A DL 777 from Shanghai to ATL just diverted and landed at STL. Sounds like it is medical.
 
STLflyer
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:17 am

Jshank83 wrote:
A DL 777 from Shanghai to ATL just diverted and landed at STL. Sounds like it is medical.


Hope the passenger is okay, but damn, I work right under the approach for the 30s and just missed it by a half hour, it would've been right over my head if I was walking to my car at that time.

My BIL has family in Shanghai, and Delta's his airline of choice for getting there and he's been on STL-ATL-PVG and the reverse many times. He wasn't on this one, but if he was, I guess he'd still have to continue on to ATL and go back to STL.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:11 am

STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
A DL 777 from Shanghai to ATL just diverted and landed at STL. Sounds like it is medical.


Hope the passenger is okay, but damn, I work right under the approach for the 30s and just missed it by a half hour, it would've been right over my head if I was walking to my car at that time.

My BIL has family in Shanghai, and Delta's his airline of choice for getting there and he's been on STL-ATL-PVG and the reverse many times. He wasn't on this one, but if he was, I guess he'd still have to continue on to ATL and go back to STL.


I don’t really get why they won’t let you off a plane if your plane diverts to an airport you would rather get off. If they are bringing in the stairs or jetbridge anyway then let people off that want to get off. Just make them sign something if you need it for liability. If you need to do customs that might be a different story if no one is there to perform it. If it’s a gas an go with no stairs or anything then I would also get not letting people get off but if they are there anyway, the door is open, and you only have carry ons, why not?
 
flybaby
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:49 am

Jshank83 wrote:
STLflyer wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
A DL 777 from Shanghai to ATL just diverted and landed at STL. Sounds like it is medical.


Hope the passenger is okay, but damn, I work right under the approach for the 30s and just missed it by a half hour, it would've been right over my head if I was walking to my car at that time.

My BIL has family in Shanghai, and Delta's his airline of choice for getting there and he's been on STL-ATL-PVG and the reverse many times. He wasn't on this one, but if he was, I guess he'd still have to continue on to ATL and go back to STL.


I don’t really get why they won’t let you off a plane if your plane diverts to an airport you would rather get off. If they are bringing in the stairs or jetbridge anyway then let people off that want to get off. Just make them sign something if you need it for liability. If you need to do customs that might be a different story if no one is there to perform it. If it’s a gas an go with no stairs or anything then I would also get not letting people get off but if they are there anyway, the door is open, and you only have carry ons, why not?


This can get very frustrating! I was once on a connecting flight on USAirways and got diverted to my final destination due to bad weather at the connecting airport (Washington National). I only had a carry on with me but they wouldn’t let anyone off the aircraft. We sat on the tarmac for an hour and a half and I could see the parking garage where my car was parked form the window. By the time I got to National I missed my connecting flight and had to stay overnight in DC. Arrrgh! So frustrating.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Posts: 624
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:21 pm

Cancellations are starting to pile up at STL
https://twitter.com/flystl/status/1218203061354545152?s=20
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:59 pm

April changes after Southwest MAX schedule change

Change from original schedule
-9 Mon-Fri
-6 Saturday
-29 Sunday
-80 flights a week total (-9.4%)

Hartford goes to Sun only
SFO Sat/Sun only

Outbound changes (inbound and outbound don't match)
+1
Sun SAN
Sat FLL
Mon-Fri MCI

-1
Sun BWI/DEN/MCI/LAS/LAX/BNA/OMA/MCO/PHL/PHX/SAT
Sat BWI/BOS/MDW/DTW/MCI/BNA/RDU
Mon-Fri MDW/CLE/CMH/RSW/HOU/LAX/MSP/PIT/SAN/SFO

-2
Sun RSW/MSY/RDU

-3
Sun TPA

-4
Sun MDW/DAL

I didn't update April/May after the groundings last year so I am not sure how that compares to what were flown last year. Original schedule last year was about 40 more than this schedule.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:26 pm

July INTL Load Factor

Southwest Montego Bay 97%
Southwest Cancun 96%
Frontier Cancun 96%
Volaris/Apple Cabo 93%
Volaris/Apple Puerto Vallarta 93%
Air Canada 83.5%
Frontier Punta Cana 63%
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
July INTL Load Factor

Southwest Montego Bay 97%
Southwest Cancun 96%
Frontier Cancun 96%
Volaris/Apple Cabo 93%
Volaris/Apple Puerto Vallarta 93%
Air Canada 83.5%
Frontier Punta Cana 63%


Air Canada 83.5! For the prices they charge, they must be making a killing!

Do you think that maybe PUJ was affected by the tainted alcohol scare?
Delta Gold Medallion
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:58 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
July INTL Load Factor

Southwest Montego Bay 97%
Southwest Cancun 96%
Frontier Cancun 96%
Volaris/Apple Cabo 93%
Volaris/Apple Puerto Vallarta 93%
Air Canada 83.5%
Frontier Punta Cana 63%


Air Canada 83.5! For the prices they charge, they must be making a killing!

Do you think that maybe PUJ was affected by the tainted alcohol scare?


STL-YYZ is crazy high but I am guessing they have a lot of connections. Those aren’t as bad. I can fly STL-YYZ-YUL for less than STL-YYZ. Guessing a decent amount of TATL connectors also. I am sure they are doing well on it though since the added a 4th flight for summer.

PUJ maybe? Not sure. But WN is going to fly it summer 2020 and F9 added a frequency so they must be optimistic about it. Will be 4x week on F9 and 2x a week on WN. 2019 was just 3x a week on F9. So it will be double capacity 2020 vs 2019
 
STLflyer
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:08 am

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:02 pm

A buddy of mine is a 777 pilot for AC and says that the flights between small and medium sized cities and YYZ are really designed to feed international long haul. If they can get some companies to pay inflated prices for STL-YYZ, even better. Must be working because my employer's paid for a few of my $700 STL-YYZ flights on AC before.

Flying STL-YYZ-TLV in a few months and they were actually a slightly bit cheaper than the US3 (well, 2, since AA doesn't fly to TLV yet)
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:27 am

February 2020 Frequency Numbers

Flights - YoY change by week

WN 734 +22 (+3%)
AA 254 -1 (-0.4%)
UA 196 +15 (+8.3%)
DL 183 -9 (4.7%)
F9 29 -8 (-21.6%)
AC 21 +1 (+5%)
G4 20 +1 (+5.3%)
AS 6 -7 (-54%)
SY 4 FLAT

STL Total 1612 +31 (1.9%)


Seats - YoY Seat Change (Based on Mondays only)
UA 1753 +10.46%
DL 3419 +7.85%
AA 4465 +5.53%

Notes
UA mainline to EWR starts.
AA starts a A321 to CLT. Been a long time since they had A321s here.
WN RDU goes back to daily mon-fri
Apple Vacations to HUX/Cabo start back up. Run by VivaAerobus this year.

Full Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:41 am

Jshank83 wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:
Jshank83 wrote:
July INTL Load Factor

Southwest Montego Bay 97%
Southwest Cancun 96%
Frontier Cancun 96%
Volaris/Apple Cabo 93%
Volaris/Apple Puerto Vallarta 93%
Air Canada 83.5%
Frontier Punta Cana 63%


Air Canada 83.5! For the prices they charge, they must be making a killing!

Do you think that maybe PUJ was affected by the tainted alcohol scare?


STL-YYZ is crazy high but I am guessing they have a lot of connections. Those aren’t as bad. I can fly STL-YYZ-YUL for less than STL-YYZ. Guessing a decent amount of TATL connectors also. I am sure they are doing well on it though since the added a 4th flight for summer.

PUJ maybe? Not sure. But WN is going to fly it summer 2020 and F9 added a frequency so they must be optimistic about it. Will be 4x week on F9 and 2x a week on WN. 2019 was just 3x a week on F9. So it will be double capacity 2020 vs 2019


I know a Croatian family who flies STL-YYZ-ZAG on AC Rouge, so I see this.
Delta Gold Medallion
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3114
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:59 am

BLV numbers for October

Up 2.7% for the month
Down 0.43% on the year

Not going to make this 20% growth they keep saying. I think they will make it back to positive though for the year.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos