Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

BHMNONREV

Re: St. Louis Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed May 20, 2020 4:57 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
stlgph wrote:
I've never heard of a bundle with club access before - but something along those lines sounds like a smart move for the time being.

I have seen it offered, not often by itself though. Usually club access and a free bag or something. or club access and priority boarding. I agree, might as well try to sell club access while the amount of travelers is low.

Correct, normally offered with a buy up to Economy Plus or free bag. Was looking to book tickets in July to Cabo, E+ and Club Access offered for $119.00 per person. I would imagine Clubs are pretty empty right now..

Jshank83

Sat May 23, 2020 4:04 am

Sun Country for a cares act exemption at STL. So that means they won’t be running routes for awhile. Not sure what it means long term. PDX was one also so not surprising we got one since that was our summer route.

G4 got one for SPI
DL for Peoria.

symphonicpoet

Sat May 23, 2020 4:34 am

OzarkD9S wrote:
Brett Snyder, aka The Cranky Flier is selling STL terminal overview T-Shirts on his site:

https://crankyconcierge.com/collections/airports?page=2

Some other cool airport options as well. I have no financial connection with the site, just thought I would share.

And yes, I ordered one.

Whoa doggie those Ts are expensive. Maybe you don't have a financial connection to the site yet, but . . . they ought to give you commissions.

And yes, I also ordered one.

In other news I had the strangest dream last night of hopping a war weary 747 from St. Louis to Chicago on a whim with a deceased friend of mine. Cold, snowy, late winter still clinging to the bones of plague. (So, early in the week, basically.) Covid not truly over yet, so flights cheap and largely empty. I think the airport was an odd mix of Midway and La Guardia. Some nice vintage '80s grime. Somehow we forgot to get off. (I was looking for something I'd mislaid.) Found out we were taxiing elsewhere and I was "Crap, I still have to clear customs!" . . . (Somewhere between half and two thirds of my lifetime flight legs have ended in passport control.) And then I realized Chicago is, in fact, still in the same country as St. Louis. Purely domestic. How novel! No big deal. Maybe more walking from the other gate. Was basically a darn good dream.
TW AA MU JL KE DL UA LOF GJS SKW WN
STL JFK FRA GVA CDG IAD ORD PVG SGN NRT ICN ATL SFO HKG MDW LGA BNA DTW LHR
L1011 MD82 83 88 B737 738 741 744 762 763 772 773 777 A320 A330 E175 C700

OzarkD9S

Sat May 23, 2020 11:56 am

symphonicpoet wrote:

Whoa doggie those Ts are expensive. Maybe you don't have a financial connection to the site yet, but . . . they ought to give you commissions.

In other news I had the strangest dream last night of hopping a war weary 747 from St. Louis to Chicago on a whim with a deceased friend of mine. Cold, snowy, late winter still clinging to the bones of plague. (So, early in the week, basically.) Covid not truly over yet, so flights cheap and largely empty. I think the airport was an odd mix of Midway and La Guardia. Some nice vintage '80s grime. Somehow we forgot to get off. (I was looking for something I'd mislaid.) Found out we were taxiing elsewhere and I was "Crap, I still have to clear customs!" . . . (Somewhere between half and two thirds of my lifetime flight legs have ended in passport control.) And then I realized Chicago is, in fact, still in the same country as St. Louis. Purely domestic. How novel! No big deal. Maybe more walking from the other gate. Was basically a darn good dream.

Yeah, $30 was a little steep, but Cranky IS trying keep his business afloat without layoffs, so he's come up with a few interesting ways to generate cash. And being a big fan of his site, was glad to help in a small way.

Interesting dream, but for a season or two TWA did in fact operate STL-ORD-LHR on the 747 before they sold the LHR authorities to AA. Maybe your subconscious was taking you back to another time, hope you enjoyed your free vacation!
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

symphonicpoet

Sun May 24, 2020 4:17 am

^I think weird dreams are almost the norm these days. STL-ORD-LHR actually almost makes sense. Might as well originate at the big crew base, make a stop at the big O&D source, and then head along. TWA surely flew a lot of heavies out of STL at one time, and they had a bunch of routes like that starting in STL and passing through JFK. I can't imagine ORD was quite as key to their system, but you don't want to miss out on the Chicago to Europe traffic. I seem to recall there was nearly always a 74 parked on or around the Charlie pad back in the day. I miss seeing the big iron gliding across 170. Didn't get onto 70 through north St. Louis much then, but I bet it was a sight watching it settle as you drove towards the airport.
TW AA MU JL KE DL UA LOF GJS SKW WN
STL JFK FRA GVA CDG IAD ORD PVG SGN NRT ICN ATL SFO HKG MDW LGA BNA DTW LHR
L1011 MD82 83 88 B737 738 741 744 762 763 772 773 777 A320 A330 E175 C700

TWA302

Sun May 24, 2020 1:30 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
symphonicpoet wrote:

Yeah, $30 was a little steep, but Cranky IS trying keep his business afloat without layoffs, so he's come up with a few interesting ways to generate cash. And being a big fan of his site, was glad to help in a small way.

Interesting dream, but for a season or two TWA did in fact operate STL-ORD-LHR on the 747 before they sold the LHR authorities to AA. Maybe your subconscious was taking you back to another time, hope you enjoyed your free vacation!

They sure did because I remember flying that 747 from ORD-STL as a kid one summer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos