User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:02 pm

Welcome to the Romanian Aviation Thread 2020. Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1434169
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:39 pm

Anyone know how much longer RO can operate with current cash reserves before needing a new cash injection?
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:45 am

The MT said it has about 20m EUR now so the end must be closer than we think if the bookings are not doing great.
also, if it will receive the first 4x ATR72-600 in February ROT will have to pay leases for 8 aircraft. For S20 will be operate very few charters compared with previous years so it'll rely even more on bookings.

More than that, the B733s must be equipped with ADS-B or leave the fleet - another cost for the airline.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:49 am

BoardingPass wrote:
The MT said it has about 20m EUR now so the end must be closer than we think if the bookings are not doing great.
also, if it will receive the first 4x ATR72-600 in February ROT will have to pay leases for 8 aircraft. For S20 will be operate very few charters compared with previous years so it'll rely even more on bookings.

More than that, the B733s must be equipped with ADS-B or leave the fleet - another cost for the airline.


Why will they operate fewer charter flights in 2020? They couldn't get the contracts? I noticed some time ago they turned Odessa into a summer seasonal, do you know how the other routes they introduced are performing? I think it was Baku, Yerevan... I saw they cut Larnaca in winter which was a surprise for me.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:37 am

People from tourism industry said that the company wasnt able to finalise its S20 schedule and fleet plans so they couldnt rely on late response from TAROM.
As a response of this situation, the biggest tour-operator in Romania, Christian Tour, will launch is own airline (Animawings) with two A320s in March 2020. Also, Air Bucharest received its 2nd B733 at the end of 2019 and Corendon will base 1x A320 at OTP to operate charter flights to Hurghada.

Blue Air will have fewer charter flights in 2020 as well, currently some aircraft are grounded, two are in Senegal for long-term contract and MAX aircraft are stored in the US.

Odessa failed, probably due to bad scheduled and then due to some political tensions there ROT decided to suspend the route. Cairo, Tbilisi and Yerevan are doing great, to Baku ROT did not sold nor commerced any flights.

LCA is coming back in March if Im not wrong, and Wizz Air canceled the route too months ago.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:38 am

BoardingPass wrote:
People from tourism industry said that the company wasnt able to finalise its S20 schedule and fleet plans so they couldnt rely on late response from TAROM.
As a response of this situation, the biggest tour-operator in Romania, Christian Tour, will launch is own airline (Animawings) with two A320s in March 2020. Also, Air Bucharest received its 2nd B733 at the end of 2019 and Corendon will base 1x A320 at OTP to operate charter flights to Hurghada.

Blue Air will have fewer charter flights in 2020 as well, currently some aircraft are grounded, two are in Senegal for long-term contract and MAX aircraft are stored in the US.

Odessa failed, probably due to bad scheduled and then due to some political tensions there ROT decided to suspend the route. Cairo, Tbilisi and Yerevan are doing great, to Baku ROT did not sold nor commerced any flights.

LCA is coming back in March if Im not wrong, and Wizz Air canceled the route too months ago.


Is Christian Tour from Romania? I am asking because they have an office in Serbia as well and they seem to be quite aggressive. When is Animawings supposed to take off? I wonder what they will do when winter comes, is there enough demand for winter charter flights or will they maybe venture into scheduled service...

As for LCA, Wizz Air suspended it I think last June. RO had atrocious loads in winter, we are talking about 30 passengers on the A319/733.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Yes, Christian Tour is a Romanian company with operations in Serbia, Poland, Hungary and Moldova
Animawings will operate first flights in May, as per Christian Tour offers, so will see when it will officially be announced.

Some fresh news about TAROM, extracted from an audit done by PwC:
- 17mil EUR on its bank accounts;
- ROT will sell its 5x ATR42 + 2x ATR72 for 22.5mil EUR.

Until mid 2020 will have to pay:
- 25.5mil EUR to Boeing for 5x 737 MAX (will be delivered starting from 2023 - order value 523mil EUR);
- 5.4mil EUR payments for 4x B738;
- 23.5mil EUR for maintenance for B737s + A318s;
- 8.5mil EUR for 7x ATR72-600 (until mid 2020 ROT will receive 7 out of 9 ATR72-600).

Source
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:58 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
Yes, Christian Tour is a Romanian company with operations in Serbia, Poland, Hungary and Moldova
Animawings will operate first flights in May, as per Christian Tour offers, so will see when it will officially be announced.

Some fresh news about TAROM, extracted from an audit done by PwC:
- 17mil EUR on its bank accounts;
- ROT will sell its 5x ATR42 + 2x ATR72 for 22.5mil EUR.

Until mid 2020 will have to pay:
- 25.5mil EUR to Boeing for 5x 737 MAX (will be delivered starting from 2023 - order value 523mil EUR);
- 5.4mil EUR payments for 4x B738;
- 23.5mil EUR for maintenance for B737s + A318s;
- 8.5mil EUR for 7x ATR72-600 (until mid 2020 ROT will receive 7 out of 9 ATR72-600).

Source


My guess is that the MAX payment won't have to happen now since the planes are grounded. I am sure they can get out of it without any problems.

As for the Atr fleet, given it's age I wonder if there might be any takers out there? Are they getting additional B738s so they have to pay the 5.4 milllion?
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:25 pm

Blerg wrote:
As for the Atr fleet, given it's age I wonder if there might be any takers out there?


The ATRs are part of the contract with NAC (buy-back), probably NAC will find some customers for them, the two 72-500 are only 10 years old.

Blerg wrote:
Are they getting additional B738s so they have to pay the 5.4 milllion?

Nope, they already have them (two which were previously prepared for delivery to Pegasus and another two which were part of MH fleet)
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:26 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
Blerg wrote:
As for the Atr fleet, given it's age I wonder if there might be any takers out there?


The ATRs are part of the contract with NAC (buy-back), probably NAC will find some customers for them, the two 72-500 are only 10 years old.

Blerg wrote:
Are they getting additional B738s so they have to pay the 5.4 milllion?

Nope, they already have them (two which were previously prepared for delivery to Pegasus and another two which were part of MH fleet)


I am confused then, what are they paying for then regarding the B738s?
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:18 pm

Until mid 2020 ROT will pay 5.4mil EUR leasing for 4x B738 (YR-BGJ, -BGK are leased from BBAM and YR-BGL and -BGM from Boeing)
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:45 am

Prestige Tours, a travel agency from Romania, is listing Animawings flights as operated by Boeing aircraft.

As a reminder, the biggest touroperator in Romania, will launch in 2020Q1 its own airline: Animawings (ICAO AWG, callsign Animawings).

Image
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:33 am

Does Anima Wings have paperwork that make them an airline rather than just a company aspiring to be an airline ? Any aircraft they own or lease ?
I can't even find a website for them... all I could find was a Facebook page !
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:52 pm

It doesnt have any aircraft yet, as far as I know, but had submitted the documents to Romanian CAA to obtain the AOC. Also, as mentioned above, it already have the ICAO code so... it is more than a company aspiring to be an airline.
The website is under construction: animawings.com
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:01 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
It doesnt have any aircraft yet, as far as I know, but had submitted the documents to Romanian CAA to obtain the AOC. Also, as mentioned above, it already have the ICAO code so... it is more than a company aspiring to be an airline.
The website is under construction: animawings.com


Do you think the Romanian CAD might sabotage them?
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:33 am

I dont think so, in the recent years many airlines got their AOC without problems (see Star East, Just Us Air)
 
upintheair2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:29 am

On January 7th, TAROM celeberates 50 years since its flights around the world which totalled 80 hours. The Ilyushin Il-18 (YR-IMK) flew from Bucharest’s Baneasa airport to Karachi - New Delhi - Bangkok - Yangon - Hong Kong - Tokyo - Nagoya - Tokyo - Wake Island - Honolulu - Los Angeles - Mexico City - Acapulco - New York - Las Palmas - Rome - Istanbul - Bucharest (BBU).

The Il-18 took off from Bucharest on 11th December 1969 and returned on January 7th 1970. There were 4 pilots on-board: Ion Alexandru, Gavrila Ionel, Ion Draganescu and Stelian Banica.

Photos: https://www.facebook.com/AeronewsGlobal ... 6602364423
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:26 am

upintheair2019 wrote:
On January 7th, TAROM celeberates 50 years since its flights around the world which totalled 80 hours. The Ilyushin Il-18 (YR-IMK) flew from Bucharest’s Baneasa airport to Karachi - New Delhi - Bangkok - Yangon - Hong Kong - Tokyo - Nagoya - Tokyo - Wake Island - Honolulu - Los Angeles - Mexico City - Acapulco - New York - Las Palmas - Rome - Istanbul - Bucharest (BBU).

The Il-18 took off from Bucharest on 11th December 1969 and returned on January 7th 1970. There were 4 pilots on-board: Ion Alexandru, Gavrila Ionel, Ion Draganescu and Stelian Banica.

Photos: https://www.facebook.com/AeronewsGlobal ... 6602364423


Who was the flight for back in 1969? I suppose only people high up could afford such an adventure.
 
upintheair2019
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:53 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:04 am

Blerg wrote:
Who was the flight for back in 1969? I suppose only people high up could afford such an adventure.


There were 65 passengers on-board, who bought tickets after TAROM announced it will operate this flight. The flight was done by TAROM as an image booster for the company, but also to highlight the Ilyushin Il-18.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:41 am

Blerg wrote:
Who was the flight for back in 1969? I suppose only people high up could afford such an adventure.


It was operated for a Turkish businessman and its business partners.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:57 pm

TAROM is suspending for couple of weeks its flights to ARN (between January 19 and March 29). Once resumed, the route will be served 4x weekly, now 3x weekly.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:45 pm

Starting from today all Wizz Air flights from DWC to Europe (except KTW) will have a technical stop at LCA for crew change and refueling due to longer return.
Since earlier today WZZ is flying to DWC via Egypt and Saudi Arabia, avoiding so the Iranian and Iraqi airspace.
WZZ already positioned an aircraft + lots of crew at LCA.

DWC-OTP will be the first to stop at LCA, pax will stay onboard for about 30min.
 
MCTSET
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:01 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
Starting from today all Wizz Air flights from DWC to Europe (except KTW) will have a technical stop at LCA for crew change and refueling due to longer return.
Since earlier today WZZ is flying to DWC via Egypt and Saudi Arabia, avoiding so the Iranian and Iraqi airspace.
WZZ already positioned an aircraft + lots of crew at LCA.

DWC-OTP will be the first to stop at LCA, pax will stay onboard for about 30min.


This is a big move, of course with safety in mind, however this would have a big affect on the cost structure of the flights, increased flight times, fuel costs, crew costs and associated expenses.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:34 am

BoardingPass wrote:
TAROM is suspending for couple of weeks its flights to ARN (between January 19 and March 29). Once resumed, the route will be served 4x weekly, now 3x weekly.


Do they have any other plans for the 2020 summer season? Are they increasing/decreasing something out there?
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:07 am

Blerg wrote:
BoardingPass wrote:
TAROM is suspending for couple of weeks its flights to ARN (between January 19 and March 29). Once resumed, the route will be served 4x weekly, now 3x weekly.


Do they have any other plans for the 2020 summer season? Are they increasing/decreasing something out there?

Currently the schedule for S20 is almost identical, some minor increases in frequencies to OMR and SCV.

MCTSET wrote:
BoardingPass wrote:
Starting from today all Wizz Air flights from DWC to Europe (except KTW) will have a technical stop at LCA for crew change and refueling due to longer return.
Since earlier today WZZ is flying to DWC via Egypt and Saudi Arabia, avoiding so the Iranian and Iraqi airspace.
WZZ already positioned an aircraft + lots of crew at LCA.

DWC-OTP will be the first to stop at LCA, pax will stay onboard for about 30min.


This is a big move, of course with safety in mind, however this would have a big affect on the cost structure of the flights, increased flight times, fuel costs, crew costs and associated expenses.

Indeed, but if the situation in the ME wont change probably they will sell less tickets and fly dhc on-board, as they do with KTW flights to DXB..
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:01 am

Blue Air just announced 6 new routes for S20 (from June 2020) from Bacău, to ATH, BHX, CPH, LCA, OSL and STR.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:41 am

BoardingPass wrote:
Blue Air just announced 6 new routes for S20 (from June 2020) from Bacău, to ATH, BHX, CPH, LCA, OSL and STR.

+ OTP-MUC (4x weekly) and IAS-VRN (3x weekly) from mid-June 2020.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:00 am

Animawings will be launched on Thursday. It will have at least two A320s (Y180)
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:38 am

Image
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 am

Tudor Constantinescu, ex-CCO at Blue Air, will be part of Animawings team. More information tomorrow, Jan. 16.

Animawings routes:
Image
 
lyngbyvej
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:39 am

BoardingPass wrote:
Tudor Constantinescu, ex-CCO at Blue Air, will be part of Animawings team. More information tomorrow, Jan. 16.

Animawings routes:
Image


Do you know if it will be possible to buy only plane tickets?
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Might be possible, will find out more information tomorrow.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:36 pm

Air Serbia (JU) to boost OTP from 8 to 9 weekly in summer 2020. Tarom will also have 9 weekly flights.


https://www.exyuaviation.com/2020/01/ai ... ecies.html
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 am

So, the airline was officially announced. It's management team is a solid one, everyone from it worked previously in aviation industry.

Animawings is a cooperation between Memento Group and Orange2fly. The aircraft will be provided by Orange2fly but Animawings will have its own AOC in Romania (will receive it in mid-March). The fleet will grow to 5 aircraft A320 until 2024

First flight: may 1st, 2020

Route network: see above post
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 pm

The Romanian Government approved a „loan” in amount of 195mil RON for TAROM, otherwise „from March would be impossible for TAROM to finance its ops”.
 
BoardingPass
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 5:35 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:28 pm

OTP-LED and SCV-VIE from July 2020 with Wizz Air
 
Blerg
Posts: 2848
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Romanian Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:05 pm

BoardingPass wrote:
OTP-LED and SCV-VIE from July 2020 with Wizz Air


Has anyone operated OTP-LED in the past or at the moment?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos