Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:04 pm

freakyrat wrote:
PresRDC wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of G4 A320s going in and out of SBN in recent weeks. One was departing at around 9:15 pm last night.


Yes things are slowly getting back to near normal at SBN with G4. I do not know what their passenger loads are though.


Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:52 pm

freakyrat wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
PresRDC wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of G4 A320s going in and out of SBN in recent weeks. One was departing at around 9:15 pm last night.


Yes things are slowly getting back to near normal at SBN with G4. I do not know what their passenger loads are though.


Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.


Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:54 pm

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

Yes things are slowly getting back to near normal at SBN with G4. I do not know what their passenger loads are though.


Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.


Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:54 pm

freakyrat wrote:

Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.


Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:51 pm

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.


Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).


Yes same at SBN for AA. They kept Both DFW flights and only dropped the morning flight to CLT. Flights are not full because they are blocking seats for social distancing but of some days all of First Class is full going to DFW.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:08 pm

freakyrat wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.


Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).


Yes same at SBN for AA. They kept Both DFW flights and only dropped the morning flight to CLT. Flights are not full because they are blocking seats for social distancing but of some days all of First Class is full going to DFW.


AA Resumes their morning flight SBN-CLT in July. The second airline to be back to Pre-Covid levels after G4.
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:12 pm

freakyrat wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:

Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).


Yes same at SBN for AA. They kept Both DFW flights and only dropped the morning flight to CLT. Flights are not full because they are blocking seats for social distancing but of some days all of First Class is full going to DFW.


AA Resumes their morning flight SBN-CLT in July. The second airline to be back to Pre-Covid levels after G4.

AA won’t be back to pre-COVID levels at FWA for a bit - PHL has to resume first. The morning departure is closely linked to Lincoln Financial Group and Comcast, while the afternoon departure is heavily dependent on Europe. The former should resume soon; the latter, probably not until summer 2021 due to low EU/UK demand.

But with the addition of LAS, G4 is beyond pre-COVID in both flights and cities served at FWA. I can’t think of very many airport/airline combinations that are like that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:29 am

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

Yes same at SBN for AA. They kept Both DFW flights and only dropped the morning flight to CLT. Flights are not full because they are blocking seats for social distancing but of some days all of First Class is full going to DFW.


AA Resumes their morning flight SBN-CLT in July. The second airline to be back to Pre-Covid levels after G4.

AA won’t be back to pre-COVID levels at FWA for a bit - PHL has to resume first. The morning departure is closely linked to Lincoln Financial Group and Comcast, while the afternoon departure is heavily dependent on Europe. The former should resume soon; the latter, probably not until summer 2021 due to low EU/UK demand.

But with the addition of LAS, G4 is beyond pre-COVID in both flights and cities served at FWA. I can’t think of very many airport/airline combinations that are like that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



It appears that your FWA-PHL morning flight resumes towards the end of July.
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:35 am

freakyrat wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:


AA Resumes their morning flight SBN-CLT in July. The second airline to be back to Pre-Covid levels after G4.

AA won’t be back to pre-COVID levels at FWA for a bit - PHL has to resume first. The morning departure is closely linked to Lincoln Financial Group and Comcast, while the afternoon departure is heavily dependent on Europe. The former should resume soon; the latter, probably not until summer 2021 due to low EU/UK demand.

But with the addition of LAS, G4 is beyond pre-COVID in both flights and cities served at FWA. I can’t think of very many airport/airline combinations that are like that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



It appears that your FWA-PHL morning flight resumes towards the end of July.

Guess AA sees the Lincoln and Comcast contracts picking up steam then. Makes sense because more Lincoln employees are based in FWA than any other city - 2,000 out of the total headcount of 11,000.

Comcast has been making moves here, too - the Taylor Street building is now strictly their growing operations. There’s two Xfinity Stores here to handle consumer products and issues, both in high traffic areas.

My opinion stands on the afternoon flight - not until European traffic from PHL gets decent, even with the QR codeshare back.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
DiamondFlyer
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:07 am

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.


Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).


The interesting thing for FWA & SBN both are, do they ever get 4 flights to ATL back? With OO having 55 CR2's come off CPA at DL, I think it's fair to think that they very well may shrink to 2 or 3 daily 2 class RJ's to ATL.
From my cold, dead hands
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:09 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:

Also a slow rebuild begins in July for SBN's other carriers. DL will be adding a flight to ATL and UA will be adding a midday flight to ORD.


Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).


The interesting thing for FWA & SBN both are, do they ever get 4 flights to ATL back? With OO having 55 CR2's come off CPA at DL, I think it's fair to think that they very well may shrink to 2 or 3 daily 2 class RJ's to ATL.


The plan pre-Covid for SBN was to combine the 6:15 am and the 8:00 am CR2 flights to ATL into one mainline 717 flight and the other 2 flights would be 2-class CR9's.
 
DiamondFlyer
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:29 pm

freakyrat wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:

Ditto for FWA. In the case of DL, FWA-DTW goes from 1 to 2 flights, and FWA-ATL resumes with 1 initial daily flight. Not sure about AA or UA, though AA has kept a fuller schedule than the others during and after Indiana’s COVID-19 pandemic peak (DFW was never dropped).


The interesting thing for FWA & SBN both are, do they ever get 4 flights to ATL back? With OO having 55 CR2's come off CPA at DL, I think it's fair to think that they very well may shrink to 2 or 3 daily 2 class RJ's to ATL.


The plan pre-Covid for SBN was to combine the 6:15 am and the 8:00 am CR2 flights to ATL into one mainline 717 flight and the other 2 flights would be 2-class CR9's.


It's safe to say that plan is dead, considering they're not planning on operating the entire 717 fleet for years now.
From my cold, dead hands
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:46 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:

The interesting thing for FWA & SBN both are, do they ever get 4 flights to ATL back? With OO having 55 CR2's come off CPA at DL, I think it's fair to think that they very well may shrink to 2 or 3 daily 2 class RJ's to ATL.


The plan pre-Covid for SBN was to combine the 6:15 am and the 8:00 am CR2 flights to ATL into one mainline 717 flight and the other 2 flights would be 2-class CR9's.


It's safe to say that plan is dead, considering they're not planning on operating the entire 717 fleet for years now.


SBN also has towbars and other GSE for the A220. We shall see. Although my bet is on 3 CRJ9's to ATL. Right now to build up traffic DL is going to operate the 2 ATL flights with Endeavor CR2's
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:05 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:

The interesting thing for FWA & SBN both are, do they ever get 4 flights to ATL back? With OO having 55 CR2's come off CPA at DL, I think it's fair to think that they very well may shrink to 2 or 3 daily 2 class RJ's to ATL.


The plan pre-Covid for SBN was to combine the 6:15 am and the 8:00 am CR2 flights to ATL into one mainline 717 flight and the other 2 flights would be 2-class CR9's.


It's safe to say that plan is dead, considering they're not planning on operating the entire 717 fleet for years now.


Delta also wanted SBN to rebuild the ramp and furnish them with new jetbridges similar to the one on Gate 9 that Allegiant uses.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Funny Delta was the top dog carrier at SBN and FWA with a largest share of the market. Right now at SBN American is the top dog carrier. Allegiant is the top dog in leasure flying. Nonetheless it will take all the carriers at least two years to rebuild what they had.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:13 pm

I would assume this has to do with social distancing, OO is operating some of their SBN-ORD United Express flights with CRJ7's.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:22 pm

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:
AA won’t be back to pre-COVID levels at FWA for a bit - PHL has to resume first. The morning departure is closely linked to Lincoln Financial Group and Comcast, while the afternoon departure is heavily dependent on Europe. The former should resume soon; the latter, probably not until summer 2021 due to low EU/UK demand.

But with the addition of LAS, G4 is beyond pre-COVID in both flights and cities served at FWA. I can’t think of very many airport/airline combinations that are like that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



It appears that your FWA-PHL morning flight resumes towards the end of July.

Guess AA sees the Lincoln and Comcast contracts picking up steam then. Makes sense because more Lincoln employees are based in FWA than any other city - 2,000 out of the total headcount of 11,000.

Comcast has been making moves here, too - the Taylor Street building is now strictly their growing operations. There’s two Xfinity Stores here to handle consumer products and issues, both in high traffic areas.

My opinion stands on the afternoon flight - not until European traffic from PHL gets decent, even with the QR codeshare back.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


PreCovid19 AA was planning a SBN-PHL flight but I assume now that that will be pushed into 2021 if ever.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:53 pm

After doing a little research here is the Skywest Delta Connection Fleet that is stored at SBN and FWA

SBN 19 CRJ900's and 2 CRJ 200's
FWA 6 CRJ200's

SBN Originally had 20 CRJ900's stored however 1 CRJ900 left SBN and is stored at FAT
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 pm

freakyrat wrote:
After doing a little research here is the Skywest Delta Connection Fleet that is stored at SBN and FWA

SBN 19 CRJ900's and 2 CRJ 200's
FWA 6 CRJ200's

SBN Originally had 20 CRJ900's stored however 1 CRJ900 left SBN and is stored at FAT

What about SkyWest UA and AA birds?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:16 pm

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
A
What about SkyWest UA and AA birds?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Skywest has 2 United CRJ200's stored at FWA all the rest are stored at TUS . AA has removed the CRJ200's from the Skywest fleet and they are stored at TUS. The Skywest E170/175 operating for United and are in Storage are all stored at OKC with 3 of them in BNA.

I also know that last week there was a United Express CRJ700 in for maintenance at SBN but it was active fleet and flew back to ORD.

So to sum up it appears that most of Skywest's slew of CRJ200's are stored at TUS which includes AA, DL and UA. The E170's and 175's prersently not flying are all at OKC with a few in BNA.
 
PresRDC
Posts: 554
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 1999 5:00 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm

freakyrat wrote:
After doing a little research here is the Skywest Delta Connection Fleet that is stored at SBN and FWA

SBN 19 CRJ900's and 2 CRJ 200's
FWA 6 CRJ200's

SBN Originally had 20 CRJ900's stored however 1 CRJ900 left SBN and is stored at FAT


As of last Sunday, the Skywest aircraft were still there and now have engine plugs.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:14 pm

PresRDC wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
After doing a little research here is the Skywest Delta Connection Fleet that is stored at SBN and FWA

SBN 19 CRJ900's and 2 CRJ 200's
FWA 6 CRJ200's

SBN Originally had 20 CRJ900's stored however 1 CRJ900 left SBN and is stored at FAT


As of last Sunday, the Skywest aircraft were still there and now have engine plugs.


These aircraft were all based at DTW so it will be easy to do the required maintenance on them at SBN prior to putting them back into service.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:47 am

freakyrat wrote:
PresRDC wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
After doing a little research here is the Skywest Delta Connection Fleet that is stored at SBN and FWA

SBN 19 CRJ900's and 2 CRJ 200's
FWA 6 CRJ200's

SBN Originally had 20 CRJ900's stored however 1 CRJ900 left SBN and is stored at FAT


As of last Sunday, the Skywest aircraft were still there and now have engine plugs.


These aircraft all flew to SBN from DTW so it will be easy to do the required maintenance on them at SBN prior to putting them back into service. Skywest is beginning to slowly put some of these CRJ9's back into service. Presently SBN has 1 scheduled for departure to SLC tomorrow 6/20/20
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Well looks like in August things ramp up at SBN. United will be operating 9 flights a day to ORD including an E175 in the Morning. Delta also begins a slow ramp up in service with 3 flights a day to ATL and 3 to DTW. American will operate their full schedule of flights to CLT and DFW. Allegiant has been back to normal service.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:21 pm

FWA in August Ramps up: Delta goes 3 flights to ATL and 3 to DTW. United will have 3 flights to ORD. American will have 2 trips to CLT and 2 to DFW with 1 trip to PHL. Allegiant will have their regular compliment of flights
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Delta appears to be slowly building back flights to their hubs of ATL and DTW out of the Midwest as those are a priority now. SLC the same for the West. MSP is getting left out in this build back and will probably be the last hub to restore flights. Some of this is probably due to Delta flying these regional jet flights in ATL and DTW on Endeavor metal to conserve cash since they own Endeavor.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 pm

It appears that SBN-MSP on Delta comes back in September with two daily flights.
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:03 am

freakyrat wrote:
FWA in August Ramps up: Delta goes 3 flights to ATL and 3 to DTW. United will have 3 flights to ORD. American will have 2 trips to CLT and 2 to DFW with 1 trip to PHL. Allegiant will have their regular compliment of flights


What about AA FWA-ORD? I know that AA serves ORD from FWA but not SBN.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:30 am

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
FWA in August Ramps up: Delta goes 3 flights to ATL and 3 to DTW. United will have 3 flights to ORD. American will have 2 trips to CLT and 2 to DFW with 1 trip to PHL. Allegiant will have their regular compliment of flights


What about AA FWA-ORD? I know that AA serves ORD from FWA but not SBN.


3 flights daily FWA-ORD 2 -CRJ700's and 1 E145.
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:34 am

freakyrat wrote:
FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
FWA in August Ramps up: Delta goes 3 flights to ATL and 3 to DTW. United will have 3 flights to ORD. American will have 2 trips to CLT and 2 to DFW with 1 trip to PHL. Allegiant will have their regular compliment of flights


What about AA FWA-ORD? I know that AA serves ORD from FWA but not SBN.


3 flights daily FWA-ORD 2 -CRJ700's and 1 E145.

FWA will be at 18 frequencies a day on average this September - only 1 ATL, 1 MSP, 1 AA ORD, and 1 afternoon PHL away from pre-COVID levels of 22 frequencies.

Pretty impressive rebound if you ask me - a sign to the strength and global reach of the FWA catchment area.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:54 pm

freakyrat wrote:
Well looks like in August things ramp up at SBN. United will be operating 9 flights a day to ORD including an E175 in the Morning. Delta also begins a slow ramp up in service with 3 flights a day to ATL and 3 to DTW. American will operate their full schedule of flights to CLT and DFW. Allegiant has been back to normal service.


United had planned this increase when the Coach Lines Bus to O'Hare was cancelled. Bus service has been restored but only 3 times per day. Also with United suspending flights at AZO a ramp up of service out of SBN was probably necessary.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Two more Skywest Delta Connection CRJ9's are leaving SBN tonight for reintroduction into service. That is 4 out of 23 that have left.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Delta is back to normal SBN and FWA schedules in September. Only change is Endeavor is operating all ATL flights. Skywest is operating DTW and MSP flights
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:09 pm

Six of the 23 Skywest CRJ900's have now left SBN for reintroduction into service for Delta. In September United will operate 10 daily roundtrips from SBN-ORD
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:07 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:


It's safe to say that plan is dead, considering they're not planning on operating the entire 717 fleet for years now.


All SBN flying on Delta will be back to a normal schedule by September. American by July, United by September with 10 daily flights to ORD as originally planned for this summer and to make up for the reduced bus service and the suspension of flights at AZO. Allegiant is already back to their normal schedule.

I still do believe even though delayed that Delta will switch to Endeavor CRJ9's for the ATL flights as traffic builds back up to pre-Covid levels. Looks like seasonal Newark flights on United are dead for this year. No word if seasonal Sarasota flights will take place for Allegiant.

Seven of the 23 parked Skywest Delta Connection CRJ900's have left South Bend for reintroduction into service.
 
Trk1
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:37 pm

The September schedules posted are meaningless at this point. After Labor Day with little business and leisure traffic expect a small schedule for all carriers. Then when October hits and the payroll plan for all airlines stops the schedule may look like June or May.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Trk1 wrote:
The September schedules posted are meaningless at this point. After Labor Day with little business and leisure traffic expect a small schedule for all carriers. Then when October hits and the payroll plan for all airlines stops the schedule may look like June or May.


The United Schedule at SBN-ORD is good till mid October at this point and it is 10 daily flights to ORD vs 5 Pre-Covid and before the loss of bus service to ORD and the AZO service suspension. Delta's normal schedule is 4 flights to ATL, 4 to DTW and 2 to MSP. After September they usually have just 1 flight to MSP. American only cut the morning flight to CLT which gets restored in July so I do not expect American to cut any flights at all. They will still be 2 dailys to both DFW and CLT.

Allegiant operates mostly twice weekly flights to IWA/LAS/PGD/PIE/SFB with increases to Florida over the holidays. They are showing all flights operating and also showing a return of seasonal twice weekly SRQ flights in November and December. Allegiant has the flexibility to add or subtract flights as need be.

There are now only three busses from South Bend to O'Hare and United had to increase service for connecting passengers and use three different United Express carriers for reliability. Before the increase United operated 5 times per day to ORD so even if they would drop some flights in light of the current bus situation and the loss of service to Kalamazoo they probably will not reduce any flights.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Just before the advent of United Express carriers United use to fly 4 daily 737-200 flights from SBN to ORD and one 727-100 flight which was loaded with freight and mail. If you figure on 110 seats per flight they were offerring over 500 seats per day in the market and the planes were usually the last leg of a thru flight that started on the East Coast or in Fort Wayne. So now with Express they are offering 1 E175 70 seater and 9 50 seaters so thats 520 seats per day in the market same as they were in the old days.
 
Tan Flyr
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2000 11:07 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 pm

freakyrat wrote:
Just before the advent of United Express carriers United use to fly 4 daily 737-200 flights from SBN to ORD and one 727-100 flight which was loaded with freight and mail. If you figure on 110 seats per flight they were offerring over 500 seats per day in the market and the planes were usually the last leg of a thru flight that started on the East Coast or in Fort Wayne. So now with Express they are offering 1 E175 70 seater and 9 50 seaters so thats 520 seats per day in the market same as they were in the old days.


Good Memory FreakyRat! I lived in Fort Wayne in those days..Almost all the "thru" flights went something like ORD-FWA (or SBN) -CLE- a selection of east coast or Florida cities. Generally with 3 flights to / from CLE. Obviously the evening arrival in both was a RON for the early AM departure back to ORD. I do recall that extra 727 flight. I think it was an X6 schedule, routed ORD-FWA-back to ORD. Departed FWA around 1Am with the mail and cargo. The 727-022 was the FWA-SBN-DEN (and usually beyond) flight. Departed usually around 8 or 830 Am and return was around 10 or 10:30 pm.A RON and back in the air again.

If they were landing on 13, they came over our house with the gear coming down and flaps coming down also. Those were good days!
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:20 pm

Tan Flyr wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
Just before the advent of United Express carriers United use to fly 4 daily 737-200 flights from SBN to ORD and one 727-100 flight which was loaded with freight and mail. If you figure on 110 seats per flight they were offerring over 500 seats per day in the market and the planes were usually the last leg of a thru flight that started on the East Coast or in Fort Wayne. So now with Express they are offering 1 E175 70 seater and 9 50 seaters so thats 520 seats per day in the market same as they were in the old days.


Good Memory FreakyRat! I lived in Fort Wayne in those days..Almost all the "thru" flights went something like ORD-FWA (or SBN) -CLE- a selection of east coast or Florida cities. Generally with 3 flights to / from CLE. Obviously the evening arrival in both was a RON for the early AM departure back to ORD. I do recall that extra 727 flight. I think it was an X6 schedule, routed ORD-FWA-back to ORD. Departed FWA around 1Am with the mail and cargo. The 727-022 was the FWA-SBN-DEN (and usually beyond) flight. Departed usually around 8 or 830 Am and return was around 10 or 10:30 pm.A RON and back in the air again.

If they were landing on 13, they came over our house with the gear coming down and flaps coming down also. Those were good days!


Nice memories there. I miss the good old mainline days. Back in the Viscount days United would originate flights in places like DCA PIT RDU and fly thru CLE FWA SBN to ORD and terminate sometimes in CID DSM or MKE. The even originated some of the 737-200 flights in those East Coast CIties. In SBN I lived right off the approach to 27. The jets landing on foggy nights looked neat especially the 727 with the swing nav lights. The Caravelle to. North Central's DC9 had the dual white ones on the end of the wing tips.

In other SBN News another OO CRJ900 is leaving for MSP for reintroduction into service leaving 15 jets left.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:38 pm

FWA-DEN and SBN-DEN are still viable flights for Westbound Connections. Frontier tried it and had mixed results plus with financial problems and the switch to a ULLC the use of DEN for connections did not fit the ULLC model. They still flew over 22,000 passengers each way in and out and grossed over 4.5 million dollars based on average fares at the time. Frontier also had lower load factors in the winter months of January and February and the other months with the highest load factors couldn't make up the difference. On the spring months F9 was flying 110-125 passengers on a 130 passenger A319. Hopefully with that data and the airport pressing for it United will look at the data and maybe comeback with a flight on an E175 or CRJ900. The local United Express folks have told United that they could fill 2 E175 flights daily to DEN so we shall see what the future holds.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:29 pm

UA cut their ORD flights out of SBN back to 9 from 10 for September. That is still an increase of 4 flights a day over their usual 5.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:19 pm

AA SBN-CLT Morning flight has resumed this morning. American is now back to their Pre-Covid full schedule at SBN. Seems PSA had to ferry a CRJ900 in from DAY.

Also yesterday 2 of OO's Delta Connection CRJ900's flew back to MSP. They only have about 14 still parked at SBN.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:31 pm

DL ATL-SBN 1 >3 (4) AUG DL SBN-ATL 1 >3 (4) AUG
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 pm

freakyrat wrote:
DL ATL-SBN 1 >3 (4) AUG DL SBN-ATL 1 >3 (4) AUG

Same at FWA. 3 9E flights - morning CR2, midday CR2, evening CR9.

Like you and SBN, hoping for A220 service on a high demand flight next year from FWA-ATL, which would be the first DL mainline at FWA since 1998. Project Gateway will mean fewer gates for a bit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:00 pm

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
DL ATL-SBN 1 >3 (4) AUG DL SBN-ATL 1 >3 (4) AUG

Same at FWA. 3 9E flights - morning CR2, midday CR2, evening CR9.

Like you and SBN, hoping for A220 service on a high demand flight next year from FWA-ATL, which would be the first DL mainline at FWA since 1998. Project Gateway will mean fewer gates for a bit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


DL at SBN has A220 GSE and the Ramp has the gate lines marked. I think DL was planning on using the A220 (in place of the now departed MD88's) in SBN on Notre Dame Football weekends, if there even is a football season. For the 2021 season for sure.
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:06 pm

freakyrat wrote:
DL ATL-SBN 1 >3 (4) AUG DL SBN-ATL 1 >3 (4) AUG


DL ATL-SBN 3 >4 SEP DL SBN-ATL 3 >4 SEP
 
FWAERJ
Posts: 2810
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:23 am

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:10 pm

freakyrat wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
DL ATL-SBN 1 >3 (4) AUG DL SBN-ATL 1 >3 (4) AUG


DL ATL-SBN 3 >4 SEP DL SBN-ATL 3 >4 SEP

Ditto for FWA. 2 morning CR2 departures, a midday CR9 departure, and an evening CR2.

All operated by Endeavor/9E.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350
 
DiamondFlyer
Posts: 3372
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:25 pm

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
DL ATL-SBN 1 >3 (4) AUG DL SBN-ATL 1 >3 (4) AUG


DL ATL-SBN 3 >4 SEP DL SBN-ATL 3 >4 SEP

Ditto for FWA. 2 morning CR2 departures, a midday CR9 departure, and an evening CR2.

All operated by Endeavor/9E.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


At least they'll have a better quality product, in terms of on-time performance.
From my cold, dead hands
 
freakyrat
Posts: 2010
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Indiana State Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:26 pm

FWAERJ wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
DL ATL-SBN 1 >3 (4) AUG DL SBN-ATL 1 >3 (4) AUG


DL ATL-SBN 3 >4 SEP DL SBN-ATL 3 >4 SEP

Ditto for FWA. 2 morning CR2 departures, a midday CR9 departure, and an evening CR2.

All operated by Endeavor/9E.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


At SBN all ATL flights are operated by Endeavor, DTW flights by Skywest. This s part of Delta's original Pre-Covid plan to switch all ATL flying to Endeavor and eventually move it all to CRJ9's and as traffic builds move it to Mainline. Traffic at SBN on the SBN-ATL Pre-Covid was already at levels to make mainline feasable. As far as SBN-MSP goes original Pre-Covid was to move that to Endeavor CRJ9's. The only flying left on CRJ2's was to DTW. DL had a contract with Skywest for 19 Delta Owned CRJ2's that was up for renewal and they were suppose to transfer those planes and flying to Endeavor.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos