With the expiration of the CARES Package in October UA is cutting flights at SBN-ORD . On Monday and Friday they will offer 4 flights, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday 2 flights, Thursday and Sunday 3 flights.
UA just changed the off-peak day schedule of flights. SBN traffic is recovering. AA and G4 are on their normal schedules. DL is still 2 daily flights to ATL where they normaly have 4 and DTW is 2 flights daily a cut of 1 flight where they had 3 daily flights and that run also normally has 4 daily flights.
Depending on holiday bookings this year flights may resume to some normalcy for UA and DL in November and December but we will just have to wait. MSP flights on DL are still in the schedule twice daily for November.
With No Notre Dame Football with outside fans this year There will not be any increase in flights or upgraded equipment.
Another factor besides Covid19 is AA is the only airline at SBN offering First Class seats on their CRJ7's and CRJ9's and they are poaching that traffic from both UA and DL.
Traffic will eventually rebound to 2019 levels at airports in SBN and FWA and probably rebound quicker than at the larger hub airports.
I’d agree on FWA, especially when you look at our top 5 private sector employers in Allen County.
1) Parkview Health - number one healthcare system in Northeast Indiana, with significant alliances
2) Lutheran Health Network - building a new downtown Fort Wayne hospital to replace an old, inefficient hospital and making investments across the system
3) General Motors - one of two North American Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra 1500 pickup truck plants, and it plus the sister plant in Silao, Mexico can’t make them fast enough
4) Sweetwater - the number one e-commerce music gear retailer in America, and growing as people are making music as a pandemic respite (many music gear makers won’t sell to Amazon due to Amazon’s pricing demands)
5) Lincoln Financial Group - while based in PHL (hence why AA flies FWA-PHL), more than 1 out of 6 Lincoln employees call Fort Wayne home, and people need life insurance
I’d say those five companies are pretty rock-solid, and lead to a lot of FWA usage.
B721/722/731/732/733/735/73G/738/739/742/752/753/762/763, A300/319/320, DC-9/10, MD-82/83/88/90, ERJ-140/145, CRJ-200/700, Q200, SF340, AS350