Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 1910
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Welcome to the Allegiant News and Discussion Thread 2020. Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411883
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:21 pm

Anyone have any idea when G4 could potentially announce their Mexico routes? Which cities in Mexico do you guys feel have the ability to get added first? CUN, GDL, SJD??
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
PVD757
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:23 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:07 pm

Hoping PVD has a shot at CUN. It’s our largest international market from a PDEW standpoint.
 
PVD757
Posts: 3285
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:23 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:08 pm

Hoping PVD has a shot at CUN. It’s our largest international market from a PDEW standpoint.
 
FATFlyer
Posts: 5022
Joined: Fri May 18, 2001 4:12 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:46 pm

zackary747 wrote:
Anyone have any idea when G4 could potentially announce their Mexico routes? Which cities in Mexico do you guys feel have the ability to get added first? CUN, GDL, SJD??

Some years ago Allegiant execs said they were looking at CUN, SJD and PVR in Mexico for the initial southbound routes.

Allegiant also said in the past they saw some potential for northbound service, bringing Mexico residents to vacation in places like Las Vegas or Orlando. But those comments were made years ago before companies like Volaris began expanding Mexico to US routes.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:56 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
Anyone have any idea when G4 could potentially announce their Mexico routes? Which cities in Mexico do you guys feel have the ability to get added first? CUN, GDL, SJD??

Some years ago Allegiant execs said they were looking at CUN, SJD and PVR in Mexico for the initial southbound routes.

Allegiant also said in the past they saw some potential for northbound service, bringing Mexico residents to vacation in places like Las Vegas or Orlando. But those comments were made years ago before companies like Volaris began expanding Mexico to US routes.


Interesting. I would imagine G4 would start out with bringing US residents to Mexico to vacation.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20347
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:51 pm

Does anyone have insight onto the delivery schedule for new G4 aircraft bin 2020?
Winter is coming.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 928
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Does anyone have insight onto the delivery schedule for new G4 aircraft bin 2020?

G4 has one A319 and ten x A320 on property but not delivered yet. I don’t know when they’ll be delivered but here are their reg numbers, locations, and when they arrived at those locations;

A319
N338NV - VQQ - 10/4

A320
N236NV - BQN - 12/6
N237NV - LCQ - 12/20
N238NV - OSR - (VP-BWE) 8/17
N239NV - SVO - (VP-BWF) 9/19
N277NV - TPA - 10/1
N281NV - BQN - 10/14
N292NV - VQQ - 12/13
N293NV - GYR - 4/21
N294NV - GYR - 4/25
N295NV - GYR - 4/18

I don’t have any data on new-builds for 2020.
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:36 pm

More than likely CUN will be the first place served and to the likes of PIT/CLE/IND/CVG/BNA

I would for them to announce the start of service at DFW. This was listed as one of the main gateways in the application.
Carpe Diem
 
User avatar
LotsaRunway
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Is G4 done with starting new small stations? NK seems to now be focusing on ULCC service in big markets and G4 on the Medium/large markets.
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:23 pm

LotsaRunway wrote:
Is G4 done with starting new small stations? NK seems to now be focusing on ULCC service in big markets and G4 on the Medium/large markets.


What small stations are left... that could support G4 and don't have G4 or a ULCC within 90 minutes?

Looking at their route map, I would guess CSG AGS, MGM, JAN, ERI AMA, MAF, LBB would make the most feasible small stations left.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
jplatts
Posts: 3719
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:25 pm

dabpit wrote:
I would for them to announce the start of service at DFW. This was listed as one of the main gateways in the application.


In addition to international routes, there are also some domestic destinations that G4 could serve nonstop from DFW such as CVG, VPS, GPT, TYS, LAS, SFB, PSP, AZA, SRQ, and SAV.

G4 had also stated in its application that it was seeking to add international flights out of Houston, and G4 could go to HOU (Hobby Airport) in the Houston market with Hobby Airport having gates that can handle international arrivals and international departures. G4 could also use HOU as an vacation destination airport for leisure passengers traveling to the Houston/Galveston area from Midwestern, Northeastern, and Southeastern markets already served by G4 with HOU being much closer to Galveston, Kemah, and the Gulf Coast than IAH is.

In addition to international flights or leisure traffic to Greater Houston from the Midwest, Northeast, and Southeast, G4 could also add nonstop service out of HOU to domestic destinations such as VPS, TYS, SFB, SRQ, and SAV for Houston-originating leisure passengers.
 
Brandon757
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:41 pm

What E gates could G4 use at DFW?
 
User avatar
LotsaRunway
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:50 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
LotsaRunway wrote:
Is G4 done with starting new small stations? NK seems to now be focusing on ULCC service in big markets and G4 on the Medium/large markets.


What small stations are left... that could support G4 and don't have G4 or a ULCC within 90 minutes?

Looking at their route map, I would guess CSG AGS, MGM, JAN, ERI AMA, MAF, LBB would make the most feasible small stations left.

I agree with most of your list, but I don't think G4 is really looking in that direction anymore. If I recall correctly, they all but told ERI that they would come when their runway extension was completed so they could run MD80s to Florida from there. The runway was done years ago and I don't think G4 has any MD80s left.
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:07 pm

https://www.allegiantair.com/interactive-routemap

Looks like they removed Mexico off their map. Looks like we weren't suppose to know about their plans lol.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
Buddys747
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:33 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:27 am

They started SCE this past year, that would definitely count as a small station. Looking at the schedule for the summer it remains the same as initial start up, so we will see out that works out.
 
airtrantpa
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:53 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:23 am

I would loved to see G4 offer more west coast services from PIE. TZ used to fly to LAX/LAS with thru service to Hawaii. Southeast Airlines, and Sunjet International flew to LAS from PIE, im not sure how successful they were, given not many people ever heard of those airlines before.
AirTran: Go there's no stopping you!
712,722,732,733,735,73G,738,739,752,753,762,763,764,772,A318,319,320,320,343,L1011,D8,M82/88/90

flown on all U.S based carriers that have existed since 1991
 
astaz
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:45 am

airtrantpa wrote:
I would loved to see G4 offer more west coast services from PIE. TZ used to fly to LAX/LAS with thru service to Hawaii. Southeast Airlines, and Sunjet International flew to LAS from PIE, im not sure how successful they were, given not many people ever heard of those airlines before.


G4 did PIE/IWA for a while a year or two ago. Not sure if it was load or crew time related, but the route didn’t last long. Pretty sure a lot of future domestic G4 growth needs to be East-West flying. The route map is very North-South heavy.
 
jgcotter
Posts: 928
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:38 pm

A319 N338NV ferried VQQ to PIE on 10 Jan to enter active service. 38 x A319 in service now at Allegiant.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N338NV
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20347
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:44 pm

jgcotter wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Does anyone have insight onto the delivery schedule for new G4 aircraft bin 2020?

G4 has one A319 and ten x A320 on property but not delivered yet. I don’t know when they’ll be delivered but here are their reg numbers, locations, and when they arrived at those locations;

A319
N338NV - VQQ - 10/4

A320
N236NV - BQN - 12/6
N237NV - LCQ - 12/20
N238NV - OSR - (VP-BWE) 8/17
N239NV - SVO - (VP-BWF) 9/19
N277NV - TPA - 10/1
N281NV - BQN - 10/14
N292NV - VQQ - 12/13
N293NV - GYR - 4/21
N294NV - GYR - 4/25
N295NV - GYR - 4/18

I don’t have any data on new-builds for 2020.

Thank you. I'm surprised April deliveries are not in service.
Winter is coming.
 
LVFlyer
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:36 pm

Back when I worked for G4 in 2016, they were looking into Mexican destinations from LAS, AZA, CVG, IND, AUS, and BNA. The only ones we (customer care) got word of was MEX, PVR, and CUN. Right before I left, a rumor also went around about SJD. Again, nothing was ever officially announced to us. The travel advisory committee had an open floor, so the "potential" flight map was open for people to see.
 
KarlB737
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:51 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:43 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
What small stations are left... that could support G4 and don't have G4 or a ULCC within 90 minutes?.


I suppose that since G4 serves RFD that rules out a return of service to GYY despite the completed runway extension.
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:35 pm

KarlB737 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
What small stations are left... that could support G4 and don't have G4 or a ULCC within 90 minutes?.


I suppose that since G4 serves RFD that rules out a return of service to GYY despite the completed runway extension.


To be fair RFD is nowhere near Chicago.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:36 pm

LVFlyer wrote:
Back when I worked for G4 in 2016, they were looking into Mexican destinations from LAS, AZA, CVG, IND, AUS, and BNA. The only ones we (customer care) got word of was MEX, PVR, and CUN. Right before I left, a rumor also went around about SJD. Again, nothing was ever officially announced to us. The travel advisory committee had an open floor, so the "potential" flight map was open for people to see.


I'm surprised MEX was mentioned. I don't view that as a market that they would enter but I could be wrong.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
jplatts
Posts: 3719
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:22 pm

zackary747 wrote:
I'm surprised MEX was mentioned. I don't view that as a market that they would enter but I could be wrong.


While WN and B6 struggled to make MEX work without Mexican point-of-sale traffic, AA is able to make CLT-MEX and PHX-MEX nonstop service work with mostly US point-of-sale traffic. However, AA inherited the CLT-MEX and PHX-MEX nonstop routes through the AA-US merger. AA also has significantly more connecting feed on CLT-MEX than WN ever did on HOU-MEX due to AA's CLT hub being much bigger than WN's HOU focus city. AA also only operates 1 daily nonstop to MEX from CLT and PHX, whereas WN had 4 daily nonstops to MEX from HOU at its peak.

AA also doesn't have any nonstop competition on CLT-MEX or PHX-MEX, whereas WN HOU-MEX nonstop service was in competition with UA, AM, and 4O IAH-MEX nonstop service.

CLT and PHX have also had nonstop service to MEX for more than 10 years, whereas WN only served MEX nonstop from HOU for almost 3 1/2 years prior to pulling out of MEX.

While B6 had some connecting feed on FLL-MEX, B6's FLL-MEX nonstop service was in competition with AA, AM, 4O, and Y4 MIA-MEX nonstop service. B6 also faced nonstop competition from other airlines on its FLL-JFK and FLL-MCO nonstop routes.

While B6 didn't face nonstop competition on BOS-MEX after AM dropped BOS-MEX nonstop service, B6 had mostly US point-of-sale O&D traffic on BOS-MEX prior to B6 pulling out of MEX.

In order for G4 to make MEX work, G4 would need to serve MEX nonstop from U.S. cities that (a) have limited or no nonstop competition and (b) have enough demand for nonstop service to MEX without connecting feed. G4 also could capture more Mexican point-of-sale traffic by (a) having a website that allows Mexican customers to book G4 flights from MEX to the U.S. and (b) advertising its MEX to U.S. nonstop flights in the Mexico City market.
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:29 am

jplatts wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
I'm surprised MEX was mentioned. I don't view that as a market that they would enter but I could be wrong.


While WN and B6 struggled to make MEX work without Mexican point-of-sale traffic, AA is able to make CLT-MEX and PHX-MEX nonstop service work with mostly US point-of-sale traffic. However, AA inherited the CLT-MEX and PHX-MEX nonstop routes through the AA-US merger. AA also has significantly more connecting feed on CLT-MEX than WN ever did on HOU-MEX due to AA's CLT hub being much bigger than WN's HOU focus city. AA also only operates 1 daily nonstop to MEX from CLT and PHX, whereas WN had 4 daily nonstops to MEX from HOU at its peak.

AA also doesn't have any nonstop competition on CLT-MEX or PHX-MEX, whereas WN HOU-MEX nonstop service was in competition with UA, AM, and 4O IAH-MEX nonstop service.

CLT and PHX have also had nonstop service to MEX for more than 10 years, whereas WN only served MEX nonstop from HOU for almost 3 1/2 years prior to pulling out of MEX.

While B6 had some connecting feed on FLL-MEX, B6's FLL-MEX nonstop service was in competition with AA, AM, 4O, and Y4 MIA-MEX nonstop service. B6 also faced nonstop competition from other airlines on its FLL-JFK and FLL-MCO nonstop routes.

While B6 didn't face nonstop competition on BOS-MEX after AM dropped BOS-MEX nonstop service, B6 had mostly US point-of-sale O&D traffic on BOS-MEX prior to B6 pulling out of MEX.

In order for G4 to make MEX work, G4 would need to serve MEX nonstop from U.S. cities that (a) have limited or no nonstop competition and (b) have enough demand for nonstop service to MEX without connecting feed. G4 also could capture more Mexican point-of-sale traffic by (a) having a website that allows Mexican customers to book G4 flights from MEX to the U.S. and (b) advertising its MEX to U.S. nonstop flights in the Mexico City market.


What is MEX's slot situation? If G4 either can't get slots of dont want to pay for slots then MEX will probably not be in their initial offerings Mexico wise.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
mga707
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:46 am

jplatts wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
I'm surprised MEX was mentioned. I don't view that as a market that they would enter but I could be wrong.


While WN and B6 struggled to make MEX work without Mexican point-of-sale traffic, AA is able to make CLT-MEX and PHX-MEX nonstop service work with mostly US point-of-sale traffic. However, AA inherited the CLT-MEX and PHX-MEX nonstop routes through the AA-US merger. AA also has significantly more connecting feed on CLT-MEX than WN ever did on HOU-MEX due to AA's CLT hub being much bigger than WN's HOU focus city. AA also only operates 1 daily nonstop to MEX from CLT and PHX, whereas WN had 4 daily nonstops to MEX from HOU at its peak.

AA also doesn't have any nonstop competition on CLT-MEX or PHX-MEX, whereas WN HOU-MEX nonstop service was in competition with UA, AM, and 4O IAH-MEX nonstop service.

CLT and PHX have also had nonstop service to MEX for more than 10 years, whereas WN only served MEX nonstop from HOU for almost 3 1/2 years prior to pulling out of MEX.

While B6 had some connecting feed on FLL-MEX, B6's FLL-MEX nonstop service was in competition with AA, AM, 4O, and Y4 MIA-MEX nonstop service. B6 also faced nonstop competition from other airlines on its FLL-JFK and FLL-MCO nonstop routes.

While B6 didn't face nonstop competition on BOS-MEX after AM dropped BOS-MEX nonstop service, B6 had mostly US point-of-sale O&D traffic on BOS-MEX prior to B6 pulling out of MEX.

In order for G4 to make MEX work, G4 would need to serve MEX nonstop from U.S. cities that (a) have limited or no nonstop competition and (b) have enough demand for nonstop service to MEX without connecting feed. G4 also could capture more Mexican point-of-sale traffic by (a) having a website that allows Mexican customers to book G4 flights from MEX to the U.S. and (b) advertising its MEX to U.S. nonstop flights in the Mexico City market.


Don't forget, American Airlines has had continuous service from the USA to Mexico City far longer than any other airline. Since 1943, if memory serves. The Mexican consumer knows who American Airlines is.
 
flybaby
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:21 pm

I mentioned this in another thread recently...

G4 has said that they can get more flying hours out of the Airbuses than the MDs and that’s allowing them to increase AC utilization.

However, it seems like they may be taking this too far. For example, the flight from PIE to ORF now leaves at 6:30am on Sunday. Leaving at 6am on a Sunday isn’t very conducive to travelers who are on a weekend getaway, which is what many of G4’s customers are.

What do y’all think? Is G4 getting too aggressive in their scheduling?
 
LVFlyer
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:59 am

flybaby wrote:
What do y’all think? Is G4 getting too aggressive in their scheduling?


I think the problem with G4 is that they don't care about passenger convenience. That should be pretty obvious with some routes only being flown once a week.
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:13 am

If G4 were to make a play at the DFW metro area that might to consider flying in and out of Meacham Field just north of Fort Worth to offer an alternative to DFW airport.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2960
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:22 am

dfwjim1 wrote:
If G4 were to make a play at the DFW metro area that might to consider flying in and out of Meacham Field just north of Fort Worth to offer an alternative to DFW airport.


Well... they applied for DFW to Mexico but nothing has been announced.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3571
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:19 am

flybaby wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread recently...

G4 has said that they can get more flying hours out of the Airbuses than the MDs and that’s allowing them to increase AC utilization.

However, it seems like they may be taking this too far. For example, the flight from PIE to ORF now leaves at 6:30am on Sunday. Leaving at 6am on a Sunday isn’t very conducive to travelers who are on a weekend getaway, which is what many of G4’s customers are.

What do y’all think? Is G4 getting too aggressive in their scheduling?


If they are filling flights then no.

That said, I have had trips that I ruled out flying them home mostly based on the early return time when I want more of the day. I guess if it was a super early leave on a weekday, I could make it back in time to go to work. But early weekend flights are more of a no go.
 
nws2002
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:04 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:13 pm

astaz wrote:
airtrantpa wrote:
I would loved to see G4 offer more west coast services from PIE. TZ used to fly to LAX/LAS with thru service to Hawaii. Southeast Airlines, and Sunjet International flew to LAS from PIE, im not sure how successful they were, given not many people ever heard of those airlines before.


G4 did PIE/IWA for a while a year or two ago. Not sure if it was load or crew time related, but the route didn’t last long. Pretty sure a lot of future domestic G4 growth needs to be East-West flying. The route map is very North-South heavy.


The PIE/IWA route was the test for overnighting crews away from a base.
 
Northwest1988
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:10 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:56 pm

I just hope they show GSP some love! Haven’t seen anything new here in years.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:54 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
If G4 were to make a play at the DFW metro area that might to consider flying in and out of Meacham Field just north of Fort Worth to offer an alternative to DFW airport.


I'll continue to believe that service like Allegiant out of McKinney would be at least a three run homer. They just need the facility to do it.
 
flybaby
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Just wanted to note a few recent G4 policy changes:

The cost of TripFlex has more than doubled. This appears to be an attempt to make the new “bundle” offering more appealing.

Military benefits reduced:
-Checked baggage allowance reduced from 3 to 2 pieces.
-No more free reserved seats.
-Tighter definition of who is “military”.
-Spouses and dependents no longer receive military benefits unless they are traveling with the service member on the same itinerary.
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:00 pm

LVFlyer wrote:
flybaby wrote:
What do y’all think? Is G4 getting too aggressive in their scheduling?


I think the problem with G4 is that they don't care about passenger convenience. That should be pretty obvious with some routes only being flown once a week.


I have never seen a G4 route that runs once a week. Twice a week yes, but not once.

It's not uncommon for ULCCs to fly a route 1-2x a week. G4 and F9 does it. NK does some 3x weekly. Hell, even WN (regular LCC) has some 1x weekly flights.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 pm

zackary747 wrote:
LVFlyer wrote:
flybaby wrote:
What do y’all think? Is G4 getting too aggressive in their scheduling?


I think the problem with G4 is that they don't care about passenger convenience. That should be pretty obvious with some routes only being flown once a week.


I have never seen a G4 route that runs once a week. Twice a week yes, but not once.

It's not uncommon for ULCCs to fly a route 1-2x a week. G4 and F9 does it. NK does some 3x weekly. Hell, even WN (regular LCC) has some 1x weekly flights.


They do some of the leaner shoulder seasons as 1x in some markets, but if its 1x its definitely a sat or a Sunday. I.e. OGS-SFB is normally 2x (3x in the spring peak), but goes 1x in January and in late/may early june.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
Jshank83
Posts: 3571
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Oak-mem was 1x a week last year.
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:58 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
LVFlyer wrote:

I think the problem with G4 is that they don't care about passenger convenience. That should be pretty obvious with some routes only being flown once a week.


I have never seen a G4 route that runs once a week. Twice a week yes, but not once.

It's not uncommon for ULCCs to fly a route 1-2x a week. G4 and F9 does it. NK does some 3x weekly. Hell, even WN (regular LCC) has some 1x weekly flights.


They do some of the leaner shoulder seasons as 1x in some markets, but if its 1x its definitely a sat or a Sunday. I.e. OGS-SFB is normally 2x (3x in the spring peak), but goes 1x in January and in late/may early june.


Interesting. Thanks for the info. Well, I am sure they do that because the market can't handle any more frequency during that time of the year. Much better having G4 do that than putting the route completely seasonal.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
RL757PVD
Posts: 3197
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 1999 2:47 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:50 pm

zackary747 wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
zackary747 wrote:

I have never seen a G4 route that runs once a week. Twice a week yes, but not once.

It's not uncommon for ULCCs to fly a route 1-2x a week. G4 and F9 does it. NK does some 3x weekly. Hell, even WN (regular LCC) has some 1x weekly flights.


They do some of the leaner shoulder seasons as 1x in some markets, but if its 1x its definitely a sat or a Sunday. I.e. OGS-SFB is normally 2x (3x in the spring peak), but goes 1x in January and in late/may early june.


Interesting. Thanks for the info. Well, I am sure they do that because the market can't handle any more frequency during that time of the year. Much better having G4 do that than putting the route completely seasonal.


the 1x frequency has allowed them to stay in some seasonal markets longer or avoid a hiatus during shorter weaker periods (may-early June is weak for Orlando) and/or minimize losses such as the first few weeks of January right after the holidays.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:12 am

GRR and SDF have route announcements tomorrow. Could it be Allegiant announcing new routes tomorrow or someone else?
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
SyracuseAvGeek
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:18 am

zackary747 wrote:
GRR and SDF have route announcements tomorrow. Could it be Allegiant announcing new routes tomorrow or someone else?


Hoping it’s a different carrier, but since two new routes are coming to GRR it’s probably Allegiant. Could GRR-SDF be one of them?

My only question is, what other city warrants service from GRR that isn’t already served?
"I haven't been everywhere yet, but it's on my list."
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:21 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
GRR and SDF have route announcements tomorrow. Could it be Allegiant announcing new routes tomorrow or someone else?


Hoping it’s a different carrier, but since two new routes are coming to GRR it’s probably Allegiant. Could GRR-SDF be one of them?

My only question is, what other city warrants service from GRR that isn’t already served?


I don't see GRR-SDF.

Does GRR have a customs facility? G4 has been looking at Mexico. Also can't count out F9 possibly adding stuff tomorrow instead.

If G4 is announcing their planned Mexico expansion tomorrow I can see some other cities making announcements tomorrow as well such as IND, CVG, and PIT.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:28 am

SyracuseAvGeek wrote:
zackary747 wrote:
GRR and SDF have route announcements tomorrow. Could it be Allegiant announcing new routes tomorrow or someone else?


Hoping it’s a different carrier, but since two new routes are coming to GRR it’s probably Allegiant. Could GRR-SDF be one of them?

My only question is, what other city warrants service from GRR that isn’t already served?


Just took a look at G4s route map. GRR is missing VPS, MYR, and CHS. Any of those could be announced from a domestic point of view.

SDF is missing JAX and CHS.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
User avatar
zackary747
Posts: 753
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:41 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 am

Bozeman airport announcement tomorrow.

I'm convinced it's Allegiant now.
Indianapolis Airport Spotter

Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinkfroot

Travels (2020): ATL-IND (DL)
 
User avatar
AVLAirlineFreq
Posts: 1421
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:29 am

I see several new routes up on G4's route map, including AVL-MDW, AVL-HOU, AVL-BOS, AVL-AUS, GRR-BOS, TYS-BOS, VPS-BOS, TYS-MDW, DSM-MDW, MDW-VPS, MDW-SAV, BZN-BNA, HOU-TYS, HOU-SAV, HOU-VPS, BNA-GFK, BNA-FAR, BNA-FSD, BNA-TUL, BNA-PIA, and BNA-FNT. There may be others as well.

Massive expansion.
Last edited by AVLAirlineFreq on Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
stlgph
Posts: 11224
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:39 am

Finally adding Chicago Midway and going right for the Chicago market. Good for them - but very surprised about the Des Moines service. Not that I have anything against it - just a surprising addition is all.

The Nashville additions are also particularly interesting.

This definitely isn't your grandpa's Allegiant anymore.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
User avatar
southwest1675
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:46 am

Allegiant will be adding BZN, FAR, GFK, FSD, GSO, ORF, TUL, and PIT from BNA....
Herb Kelleher 1931-2019
 
TYSflyer
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Allegiant News and Discussion Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:55 am

Wow, what an expansion. Did not see the extent of this one coming. For TYS I see: MYR, BOS, MDW, AUS and HOU.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos